EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Why is the true Negro theory still being used in 2023 in population genetic studies? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why is the true Negro theory still being used in 2023 in population genetic studies?
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its always Yoruba, Pygmies, or some other West or central African population being used in genetic studies as proxies for unadmixed Africans, but the high amount of intra-African admixed populations refutes any such notion of a "true Negro." Concepts and theories from antiquated anthropology books need to stop
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what example/s from the past 5 years can you quote where a "true negro" theory is being used?
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elijah The Tishbite:
Its always Yoruba, Pygmies, or some other West or central African population being used in genetic studies as proxies for unadmixed Africans, but the high amount of intra-African admixed populations refutes any such notion of a "true Negro." Concepts and theories from antiquated anthropology books need to stop

This is a good question, most west African groups are obviously heterogeneous

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
what example/s form the past 5 years can you quote where a "true negro" theory is being used?

Tell us you dont read genetic studies without actually saying you dont read genetic studies. [Roll Eyes]
I can show you the WORST example actually published as recent as 3 months ago.

The diverse genetic origins of a Classical period Greek army

Take a look at this image and let the forum know what group they chose to Pigeon-hole African ancestry into and why this is problematic. The floor is yours.

https://www.pnas.org/cms/10.1073/pnas.2205272119/asset/ff7ad69d-356d-444e-b742-5c318eabe4a9/assets/images/large/pnas.2205272119fig02.jpg

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please add the pertinent text quote from the article to your post or do you just mean that map

I don't see the word "negro" in the article so please state what you thin is in the article proxy for negro or "true Negro", thanks

I'm seeing various posts lately taking about "Euronuts" and so on, almost wanting such people to come around and post, looking for "action"

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:

Take a look at this image and let the forum know what group they chose to Pigeon-hole African ancestry into and why this is problematic. The floor is yours.

https://www.pnas.org/cms/10.1073/pnas.2205272119/asset/ff7ad69d-356d-444e-b742-5c318eabe4a9/assets/images/large/pnas.2205272119fig02.jpg [/QB]

-

what do you mean specifically is wrong with this?

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

https://www.pnas.org/cms/10.1073/pnas.2205272119/asset/ff7ad69d-356d-444e-b742-5c318eabe4a9/assets/images/large/pnas.2205272119fig02.jpg

-

what do you mean specifically is wrong with this? [/QB]

I linked the image. You not smart enough to click the link, see the image and tell us what's problematic about it?
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I'm not cool enough, I don't get it
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
please add the pertinent text quote from the article to your post or do you just mean that map

I don't see the word "negro" in the article so please state what you thin is in the article proxy for negro or "true Negro", thanks

I'm seeing various posts lately taking about "Euronuts" and so on, almost wanting such people to come around and post, looking for "action"

You're really playing as if you can't see the obvious....
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

stop fronting and let's see if you can explain what's wrong with that map

beyoku, please dont try to help him, he's trying to step to me on some "cant you see" type stuff

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

stop fronting and let's see if you can explain what's wrong with that map

beyoku, please dont try to help him, he's trying to step to me on some "cant you see" type stuff

That study uses Ju hoan North as the represenative African population, theyare from South Africa
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
That study uses Ju hoan North as the represenative African population, they are from South Africa [/QB]

It doesn't say it's supposed to representative of the whole of Africa

Some of the lower coverage civilian genomes exhibit a small proportion of the
component maximized in the southern African Ju|’hoan which is also found as a minor component
in the Punic individuals from Sardinia and Ibiza as well as Eastern Mediterranean and North African
individuals

The similarity to Punic individuals is also supported by the presence of a small proportion of the component maximized in
Ju|’hoan in some individuals. This, as well as the slight genetic heterogeneity they show, might
alternatively be an artefact of the low coverage of the samples.

One line of evidence for some local genetic continuity is the almost exclusive presence of Y-chromosomal haplogroup G-Z1903 and its derivates among the males (Dataset S6), a lineage already found among Sicilian inhabitants in the Middle Bronze Age (MBA) and LBA (12) and otherwise unreported from any pre- or early historic contexts, including Iberia. One male belongs to haplogroup R-FT40455, which is a specific subtype of haplogroup R-DF27, which could reflect an Iberian source of ancestry, as it is much more common in Iberia from the BA onward than in any other region (19, 56). R-DF27 has also been observed in individuals of the EBA in Sicily (12) and thus could have that persisted to the time of the Sicani culture.

Their mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroups suggest east Eurasian genetic roots: A6a, found so far only in modern-day China (70, 71), and N1a1a1a, restricted to Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia (72).

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2205272119#supplementary-materials

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
That study uses Ju hoan North as the represenative African population, they are from South Africa

It doesn't say it's supposed to representative of the whole of Africa

Some of the lower coverage civilian genomes exhibit a small proportion of the
component maximized in the southern African Ju|’hoan which is also found as a minor component
in the Punic individuals from Sardinia and Ibiza as well as Eastern Mediterranean and North African
individuals

The similarity to Punic individuals is also supported by the presence of a small proportion of the component maximized in
Ju|’hoan in some individuals. This, as well as the slight genetic heterogeneity they show, might
alternatively be an artefact of the low coverage of the samples.

One line of evidence for some local genetic continuity is the almost exclusive presence of Y-chromosomal haplogroup G-Z1903 and its derivates among the males (Dataset S6), a lineage already found among Sicilian inhabitants in the Middle Bronze Age (MBA) and LBA (12) and otherwise unreported from any pre- or early historic contexts, including Iberia. One male belongs to haplogroup R-FT40455, which is a specific subtype of haplogroup R-DF27, which could reflect an Iberian source of ancestry, as it is much more common in Iberia from the BA onward than in any other region (19, 56). R-DF27 has also been observed in individuals of the EBA in Sicily (12) and thus could have that persisted to the time of the Sicani culture.

Their mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroups suggest east Eurasian genetic roots: A6a, found so far only in modern-day China (70, 71), and N1a1a1a, restricted to Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia (72).

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2205272119#supplementary-materials [/QB]

If they wasn't using them as the representative sample for all of Africa why is that sample in there? They have zero to do with the target population of the study.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009118;p=1

The Chose the most divergent African population in Existence.
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009118;p=1

They Chose the most divergent African population in Existence.

-

Is a Yoruba truer than a San ?

And what about picking the Karitriana, an Amazonian population of 320 people as true Indians?

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
most divergent African population in Existence.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

White Supremacists eurocentric science INTENDS to show Sub Saharan Africans as the most divergent population on the planet. It's a blatant attempt to dehumanize Africans.

Many North West African groups will show up with trace ancestry from Greece & Sardinia so those groups could not be used in this study

--------------------

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
the most diverse
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QB] http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009118;p=1

They Chose the most divergent African population in Existence.

-

Is a Yoruba truer than a San ?

And what about picking the Karitriana, an Amazonian population of 320 people as true Indians?

Did you even look at the Image? If you spent more time learning instead of trolling and being a agent of chaos basic ideas you should have learned 7-10 years ago wouldn't be going over your head. If Yoruba was "Truer" why would i provide an example that shows the Ju_Hoan_North being used as the African representative sample? Why would i follow up with an image showing Ju_Hoan_North and its basal position on the PCA?

WHY ARE YOU HERE?
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009118;p=1

The Chose the most divergent African population in Existence.
 -

-

you are just bringing more confusion to the topic
and trying to call me a troll for pointing this out, typing in capital letters you are trying trying to instigate, please keep emotions in check
Tishbite was saying that the typical study using Yoruba, Pygmies is promoting true negroism
and you are not even talking about that
you are bringing up some other study using Ju Hoan
I'm not even sure you knew they were a San group but whether you did or not is besides the point
Tishbite was talking about West or central African populations typically Yoruba an Mbuti used in many articles,
stick to the topic instead of trying to muddy the waters

OP reminder:
quote:
Its always Yoruba, Pygmies, or some other West or central African population being used in genetic studies as proxies for unadmixed Africans,

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

So what is the solution to the problem?
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
@Lioness

Pay attention, and pay attention closely. Let me just explain this for the folks reading.
This is what i said:

quote:
I can show you the *WORST* example actually published as recent as 3 months ago.
-Yoruba are not an ideal example because African Ancestry into the Eastern Mediterranean and Southern Europe is likely not of Direct West Central African origin.

-Mbuti pygmies would be worse because while Yoruba is bad Mbuti and Biaka pygmies are more basal Central African rainforest hunter gatherer groups who's ancestry likely didn't even reach that region through proxy or an intermediary. Thus they are even further removed from the type of ancestry that would leave into levant or leave north Africa and enter Southern Europe.

-Ju_Hoan_North are at an even more basal position than Pygmies because they are the population that has the oldest divergence in the phylogeny of Homo Sapiens. From what we know of Demographic events in Africa, it's *extremely unlikely* that this ancient divergent ancestry that is concentrated in Hunter Gatherer/Pastoral populations at the opposite end of the continent would be characteristic of African variability that admixed into Soldiers in the Roman Army. Southern African and Rainforest huntergatgerer populations are extremely divergent in relation to Non-Africans. SO much in fact that they are too old to even be the parental ancestors of Non-Africans. Non-Africans are instead related to much later diverging genetic substructure from East and North Africa.

It's about ascertainment bias. Samples matter. Samples are the difference between Abusir Mummies containing 6% African ancestry, 15% African ANcestry or 30% African ancestry.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
@Lioness

Pay attention, and pay attention closely. Let me just explain this for the folks reading.
This is what i said:

quote:
I can show you the *WORST* example actually published as recent as 3 months ago.
-Yoruba are not an ideal example because African Ancestry into the Eastern Mediterranean and Southern Europe is likely not of Direct West Central African origin.

-Mbuti pygmies would be worse because while Yoruba is bad Mbuti and Biaka pygmies are more basal Central African rainforest hunter gatherer groups who's ancestry likely didn't even reach that region through proxy or an intermediary. Thus they are even further removed from the type of ancestry that would leave into levant or leave north Africa and enter Southern Europe.

-Ju_Hoan_North are at an even more basal position than Pygmies because they are the population that has the oldest divergence in the phylogeny of Homo Sapiens. From what we know of Demographic events in Africa, it's *extremely unlikely* that this ancient divergent ancestry that is concentrated in Hunter Gatherer/Pastoral populations at the opposite end of the continent would be characteristic of African variability that admixed into Soldiers in the Roman Army. Southern African and Rainforest huntergatgerer populations are extremely divergent in relation to Non-Africans. SO much in fact that they are too old to even be the parental ancestors of Non-Africans. Non-Africans are instead related to much later diverging genetic substructure from East and North Africa.

It's about ascertainment bias. Samples matter. Samples are the difference between Abusir Mummies containing 6% African ancestry, 15% African ANcestry or 30% African ancestry.

-

^^ correct this please

what groups to you think should be on this chart?

The critique is only a theoretical talking point unless you can come up with something better > for all groups listed on this chart, not just the Africans

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
@Lioness

This is what i said:

quote:

-

^^ correct this please

The critique is only a theoretical talking point unless you can come up with something better > for all groups listed on this chart, not just the Africans

Are you trolling, or do you just not understand whats being said?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
@Lioness

This is what i said:

quote:

-

^^ correct this please

You can pretend I'm trolling because you can't answer the question
or wait for beyoku to answer it

When somebody answers a question with another question it's a diversion tactic

He already tried to bail you out proposing an example of true negro-ism

Let's get to some solutions here, if Yoruba and Mbiti are no good then tell us what is good
Don't be a chronic complainer, come up with something better
Ju Hoan is a red herring, that wasn't even in the OP

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
How this dubious "true Negro" terms was defined.

p 1018

"Journal Of The Anthropological Institute Of Great Britain And Ireland Vol.28"

"the true negro differs greatly from the better known Bantu stock."

The geographical distribution of the true Negro stock is a subject worthy of the attention of ethnographers for several reasons. One is that among these peoples we have the most highly developed form of native African culture ;
another is that in the matters of physical characteristics and mental characteristics the true Negro differs greatly fromthe better known Bantu stock. A high per centage of error has at present been attained by the failure to recognise these differences, and thereby the work of Sir A. B. Ellis on the true Negro or Bastian on the true Bantu has not yet been given its full scientific value.
The distribution of the true Negro stock is masked in its fringe-regions by the ability of the peoples of this stock to acquire alien languages and culture. In the northern fringe-regions of its distribution it is suffused with Berber culture and Muhamedanism ; in its south -eastern and south by Bantu language and culture,
with a varging percentage of European adulteration along the sea coast from just south of the River Gambia down to the Rio du Rey andCameroon. But we have fairly certain tests for the true Negro that are not masked by alien culture and religion.
They are— (a) the true Negro does not keep slaves in separate villages from their owners ; (6) he leaves sanitary public affairs in the hands of Providence ;
( c) he has a regular military organisation with a separate war chief and peace chief ; (d) among the true Negro the cult of the Law God is far more developed than among the Bantu ; (e) the true Negro does not have a female God as main
ruler of mundane affairs as the Bantu does.
The best region to study the institutions of the true Negro is the region of the Oil Rivers, where he has suffered least from alien adulterations.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Story_of_the_Negro/m7AJAAAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq="true+negro"&pg=PA20&printsec=frontcover

The Story of the Negro: The Rise of the Race from Slavery
Booker T. Washington

p 20

"The true Negro , I learned , is only one section of what is ordinarily known as the Negro race ; the other is the Bantu, a mixed people , generally brown in colour,
who were the first invaders of South Africa , driving out the original bushmen, gradually extending themselves over most of that part of the continent below the equator"

https://www.berose.fr/IMG/pdf/races_of_africa.pdf

Races of Africa / by C.G. Seligman

p 54 The True Negro

p 55

The true Negro is mainly confined to the neighborhood of the Guinea coast, including Nigeria and 1he Western Sudan, with some part of the Cameroons and perhaps the Congo. The rest of Negro Africa consists of Negroes hamiticized to a varying extent: on the one hand the Bantu, on the other the Nilotes and the 'half-Hamites'” ...

..."West Africa, the home of the true negro"

-

according to dumb ass true negro theory, true negroes inhabit the red zone on this map

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point is that given the age and diversity of African populations, which predate the settlement of Europe by AMH, it is impossible to isolate a single "representative" population representative of all of Africa throughout time and space. It is a fairly obvious point, yet population geneticists have very little ancient DNA from Africa. Therefore, most of these studies use the limited collection of African DNA as a reference even when it makes no sense, which persists this fallacy of a single true African population.
Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
The do a test and it part of it they compare it to a Yoruba or Mbiti of Ju Hoan North, etc
They do not say in the article these are "true negroes" or "Africans are represented by our Ju Hoan sample.
There could be statement like that in some other article though
but that is what should be shown as the example. Somebody could say about this Greek army article
somebody could say when they said "many soldiers had ancestral origins in northern Europe, the Steppe, and the Caucasus"
that if they had compared to more Africans they might have further conclusions. That is reasonable but I don't think mentioning "true negro" is necessary. I'm looking at the Y DNA of these 54 individuals in the Supplement S6, it includes three E carriers. One is E-V13, the typical European clade of E.
Another is E-BY6357
and E-CTS6377
these are sub clades of E-V13
E-V13 is the only lineage that reaches the highest frequencies out of Africa representing represents about 85% of the European E-M78 chromosomes with a clinal pattern of frequency distribution from the southern Balkan peninsula (19.6%) to western Europe (2.5%). The same haplogroup is also present at lower frequencies in Anatolia (3.8%), the Near East (2.0%), and the Caucasus (1.8%). In Africa, haplogroup E-V13 is rare, being observed only in northern Africa at a low frequency (0.9%).

— Cruciani et al. (2007)

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:

They do not say in the article these are "true negroes" or "Africans are represented by our Ju Hoan sample.

No, That is actually what they say by using this image.
I dont have to explicitly use the term "Ugly" when talking about your mom if if describe her as "looking like a wart infested toad".

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I dont have to explicitly use the term "Ugly" when talking about your mom if if describe her as "looking like a wart infested toad".

are you still in high school?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

No, they are just picking out,
Han, Karitriana and Ju Hoan

and you just don't like the picks

yet this is a waste of time because you won't even says what you think would be better picks, so it's complaints going nowhere

And you picked the wrong example, Tishbite said this in the OP
quote:
Its always Yoruba, Pygmies, or some other West or central African population being used in genetic studies as proxies for unadmixed Africans

Youruba are so called "true Negroes"

Ju Hoan, a San people
are not so called true negroes

get it together

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Why is the true Negro theory still being used in 2023 in population genetic studies?

you are asking this mainly about articles on Africans?

beyoku posted a chart on Greeks and another chart on ancestral populations for present-day Europeans
I would think the first articles of concern would be about Africans
Do you have any examples?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Elijah, the "true negroid" premise was utterly destroyed by the very genetics these so-called experts use.

Originally posted by Tukuler elsewhere:

Compare Loosdrecht's PCA, with PC1 flipped, to Fregel.
 -
Radar ID
 -

It becomes apparent that West Africans are genetically closer to North Africans and West Eurasians than Southern Africans are and that North Africans are not only a continuum of Africans but that this contiuum extended into West Eurasia at some point but was later subsumed. This is why you see Sub-Saharan Y lineages and even mitochondrial lineages in West Eurasians but not Sub-Saharan autosomes because the autosomes while still African are distinct from modern Sub-Saharans and are associated with Out-of-African autosomes.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:

Yep, typical Agent of Chaos tactics.
Make stupid statements and then set back and have folks chasing their tails or going on wild goose hunts.
Everyone here except for lioness understands how its bad faith and the worst example of "True Negro" to use South African Hunter Gathers populations as a genetic reference to detect African genetic substructure in Southern Europe in Iron Age/Classical times.
Enjoy the thread. IM out.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

this is the thread topic. Nobody really knew the history of the term "True Negro". It means West African and I showed three excellent sources for this obsolete term

But here Tishbite says it just means "unadmixed Africans"
So he asks why do they always use Yoruba and Pygmies

so far nobody has answered that question

or more importantly, if they think that is wrong, what would be right

Similarly, would there also be a problem with who they pick for Asians or Native America or are we not supposed to care about that?

Also, are we looking at articles about Africans or about Europeans?

If they always use Yoruba and Pygmies then who should they use? That is what should have been answered by now

I'm out

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Yorubans are NOT UNMIXED...

Have you seen the amount of MTDNA L groups that are contained in their ethnic group. I have even seen Yorubans with Mtdna N

And they have 5% V88

So what would a genetic profile of an unmixed african even look like.

-

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:

Have you seen the amount of MTDNA L groups that are contained in their ethnic group. I have even seen Yorubans with Mtdna N

And they have 5% V88

-

What's your source on the Yoruba carrying V88?
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Cruciani 2010

-

-

https://www.nature.com/articles/ejhg2009231

--------------------

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And they have 5% V88

-

The fact that all these lineages are still grouped under a single lettered haplogroup is a big red flag in itself. This is just another example of how the concept of "African" is as an isolated set of lineages magically unrelated to anything else is an artificial characteristic of haplogroup naming conventions.

Not only that, but the reason for the need to maintain this distinction and separation in European anthropological discourse should be obvious.

quote:

NEGROES IN NEGROLAND

THE NEGROES IN AMERICA; AND NEGROES GENERALLY. ALSO THE SEVERAL RACES OF WHITE MEN, CONSIDERED AS THE INVOLUNTARY AND PREDESTINED SUPPLANTERS OF THE BLACK RACES.

CONTENTS.

CHAPTER I.

Cannibalism in Negroland..

CHAPTER II.

Human Butcheries! and Human Sacrifices in Negroland,

CHAPTER III.

Human Skulls as Sacred Relics and Ornaments in Negroland,

CHAPTER IV.

Blood-thirstiness and Barbarity of the Negroes in Negroland, .

CHAPTER V.

Slavery and the Slave-trade in Negroland,

CHAPTER VI.

Heathenish Superstition and Witchcraft in Negroland,

CHAPTER VII.

Feticliism, Priestcraft, and Idolatry in Negroland,

CHAPTER VIII.

Rain Doctors, and Other Doctors in Negroland,

CHAPTER IX.

Nakeduess, Shamelessness, and Prostitution in Negroland,

CHAPTER X.

Drunkenness and Debauchery in Negroland,

CHAPTER XI.

Night Carousals, and Noisy and Nonsensical Actions in Negroland,

CHAPTER XII.

Inhospitality to Strangers, Begging, Extortion, and Robbery in Negrolan

CHAPTER XIII.

Wrangling, Lawlessness, Penury, and Misery in Negroland, . .

CHAPTER XIV.

Theft, as a Fine Art, among the Africans,.

CHAPTER XV.

Lying, as an Accomplishment, among the Africans,

CHAPTER XVI.

Duplicity and Venality of the Negroes in Negroland,

CHAPTER XVII.

Revolting Voracity and Gluttony of the Negroes in Negroland,

CHAPTER XVIII

Dislike of their own Color by the Negroes in Negroland,

CHAPTER XIX,

Courtship, Marriage, and Concubinage in Negroland,

CHAPTER XX.

Mumbo Jumbo in Negroland,

CHAPTER XXI. I

Funeral and Burial Rites in Negroland,

CHAPTER XXII. 1

Indolence and Improvidence of the Negroes,

CHAPTER XXIII

Timidity and Cowardice of the Negroes,

CHAPTER XXIV.

African Anecdotes, ..

CHAPTER XXV.

Utter Failure and InQtility of all Missionary Enterprises in Negroland,

CHAPTER XXVI.

Miscellaneous Peculiarities, Manners, Habits, and Customs, of the Negroes
in Negroland,

CHAPTER XXVII.

Huts, Hovels, and Holes (but no Houses) in Negroland,.

CHAPTER XXVIII.

Gradual Decrease, and Probable Extinction of the Negro Race,

CHAPTER XXIX.

Natural, Repulsive, and Irreconcilable Points of Difference, Physical, Mental,
and Moral, between the Whites and the Blacks,

CHAPTER XXX.

American Writers on the Negro, ...

CHAPTER XXXI.

Mulattoes; the Offspring of Crimes against Nature,

CHAPTER XXXII.

Albinos, White Negroes, and Other Creatures of Preternatural Whiteness,

CHAPTER XXXIII.

Increasing Pre-eminence and Predominance of the White Races,

https://archive.org/details/TheNegroesInNegroland

And:
quote:

Negroland, Nigrita, or Nigritia, is an archaic term in European mapping, referring to Europeans’ descriptions of West Africa as an area populated with negroes.

This area comprised at least the western part of the region called Sudan (not to be confused with the modern country). The term is probably a direct translation of the Arabic term Bilad as-Sudan, meaning "Land of the Blacks", corresponding to about the same area. There were various kinds of people in the area, including the Jews of Bilad as-Sudan. The Persians called these areas Zangistan , meaning "Land of the Blacks" and the name Zang for black still remains in the name of Zanzibar (from Persian Zangibar) meaning "The Coast of Blacks". The name was given by Persian navigators when they visited the area in the middle ages. Some of the greatest states of those considered part of Negroland were the Bornu Empire and the Sokoto Caliphate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negroland
Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody seen these type of vids recently.
ETHIOPIANS ARE NOT AFRICANS ?!?!- Since When ? Lets Explore this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ3glDGatk

Why do SOMALIS call other Black people JAREER ? Anti-blackness ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvDL3wCrhPs

West Africans are not Bantu !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcvaR8V7-yM

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ There has always been intra-ethnic African conflict. That doesn't mean it is "anti-blackness" since all Africans involved were technically "black". Somalis against Bantus for example is just one example but the grossest and most heinous example would be the Tutsi genocide committed by the Hutus. The irony is that both groups were Bantus both linguistically and genetically!

-

Thus the insanity of the "true negro" ideology. As Tukuler has often pointed out, why is there no "true Blanco" race in Europe?! On the contrary Europeans have historically broadened their so-called "Caucasoid" race far beyond Europe into Africa and Asia from black-skinned Hamites (like Egyptians) into white Nordics. Yet some Africans seemed to have been brainwashed by that ridiculous racial thinking.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
[qb] Yorubans are NOT UNMIXED...

And they have 5% V88

-

The fact that all these lineages are still grouped under a single lettered haplogroup is a big red flag in itself. This is just another example of how the concept of "African" is as an isolated set of lineages magically unrelated to anything else is an artificial characteristic of haplogroup naming conventions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This exactly.

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Getting back to the issue of the Nile Valley, X-Group Nubians associated with the Early Christian Era were typically identified as "more Negroid" in appearance than the preceding Meroitic Nubians, yet discrete dental traits show that they were equally North African as Meroites and Egyptians and NOT "sub-Saharan". Now we have aDNA evidence from Kulubnarti which states:

We find that the Kulubnarti Nubians were admixed with ~43% Nilotic-related ancestry on average (individual proportions varied between ~36-54%) and the remaining ancestry reflecting a West Eurasian-related gene pool likely introduced into Nubia through Egypt, but ultimately deriving from an ancestry pool like that found in the Bronze and Iron Age Levant.

Yet Nilotic ancestry is a type of Sub-Saharan ancestry even though the dental data shows no Sub-Saharan influence. What's more is that the Revoiye admixture chart identifies the Nilotic admixture as "Dinka"!

-

^ This is in stark contrast to the Nubian Kadruka site or even the other ancient sites inhabited by present Nilotic speakers in Kenya and Tanzania (Luxmanda) who all have Kenyan Late Stone Age ancestry.

In this chart, the "negroid" Dinka are close to the "negroid" Hadza.

-

In this chart one can clearly see the Epipaleolithic Taforalt of Morocco to be intermediate between Luxmanda and the Early Neolithic Ifri n’Amr (IAM) of Morocco. Refer back to the Revoiye admixture chart above to see which groups show IAM ancestry!

-

And things don't get any clearer when you account for so-called Ancient North African ancestry which Taforalt had a lot of!!

-

--------------------

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Firewall you have the URL of the Bantu video
the same as the Ethiopian one

Thanks.
I edited above.

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

And they have 5% V88

-

True negro theorists said that the purest "Negroes" are generally in West Africa but below the Fula region
thus Yoruba and Igbo are the largest tribes in this region
They did not mean some possible obscure (or hypothetical) group with no admixture whatsoever
It means general broader region of the "purest" Negro, on this map the southern half of the Niger-Congo A groups as opposed to the Bantu speaking Niger-Congo B groups who are generally more mixed with various groups including San, pygmies and North and Eastern so called "Hamitic" or "Afro-asiatic" elements
So it's a relative term, the broader ethnic region with least admixture rather than none.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
^How could you have been here so LONG yet be so WRONG on something so BASIC?
Registered in 2010 with over 40,000 posts. [Roll Eyes]
[Confused]

The idea of "True Negro" is to create a narrowly defined African representative sample that is physically the FURTHEST away from White People and or Caucasoids.

When "True Negro" is translated to Genetics the idea is to create a narrowly defined African representative sample that is Genetically the FURTHEST away from White People and or Caucasoids.

The African representative Sample has changed because the *variables* have changed. We are not dealing with cranial characteristics anymore, we are dealing with genetic variation.

So looking at the image below, YOU TELL US which African population is the FURTHEST genetically from Whites/Caucasoids/Western Eurasians/Non Africans. Is it the Yoruba who plot IN BETWEEN the Africans groups...or is it some other population...like.....i dont know.....the population samples all the way at the top left corner of the PCA?

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Beyoku, you know Lioness likes to play dumb in an attempt to escape from facts that maker her uncomfortable.

According to the PCA you cite above, the Africans closest to Eurasians (specifically Bedouin B) are Mozabites, and there is a gap between the latter and East African Somalis with one point between them (African American??). It is in that gap that in the Fregel et al. PCA we find after the Somali, the Afar, Taforalt, Yemeni, then IAM.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

https://www.pnas.org/cms/10.1073/pnas.2205272119/asset/ff7ad69d-356d-444e-b742-5c318eabe4a9/assets/images/large/pnas.2205272119fig02.jpg [/QB]

-

-

If you were doing this study
what would it say on this chart?

If you can't answer that you are wasting everybody's time
and are not qualified to criticize it

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
the whole point of this website and Lioness is to prove the True Negro is a real thing

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I prefer the term "original man"
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com