EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The genetic history of the Southern Arc: , Natufians etc, Lazaridis 2022 (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The genetic history of the Southern Arc: , Natufians etc, Lazaridis 2022
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Brandon, you'd better talk to djehuti about it because he's accusing me of lying and implying that I'm being dishonest when I pointed out the fact that other black users reached out to you about the comments he was making about the black community.

According to djehuti and his responses, that never happened and you're lying about it as well. Even though you told him directly that this indeed happened.

-

Secondly, how is responding to personal attacks "trolling"? You realize that I only respond when someone mentions my name or directs an insult at me right?

Am I supposed to just shutup and let other posters attack me?

Are you not aware of the fact that this is how the thread we are talking in even started?

And is what "lioness" does in countless threads for the past 10 years not "trolling"?

You're a biased hypocrite and you've demonstrated that several times.

"Tazarah has to go because I disagree with him but djehuti can talk shit about the entire black community because I like the contributions he's made to the forum. And lioness has been trolling the forum and derailing threads for a decade but he can stay and I want Tazarah gone because I don't share his worldviews."

That just about sums you up perfectly.

Posts: 2628 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
[QB] Well Brandon, you'd better talk to djehuti about it because he's accusing me of lying and implying that I'm being dishonest when I pointed out the fact that other black users reached out to you about the comments he was making about the black community.

that is a matter for private messages to the administrators of this site not to be talked about over and over again in a thread about Southern Arc genetics
If there are no administrators in site, then just stop crying. It wont achieve anything but making people hate your whiny ass

We can see what you are doing
You don't want us to look at the genetics of this region so you are spamming quotes over and over again to try to get off the topic because your position is weak

Brandon is not responsible for Djehuti
You made your point 50 million times, you redundant stupid broken record
and everybody can see what you are doing is trying to use that as an excuse to spam
to muddy the thread with a personal mess.
You are a person who attracts messes

Posts: 43016 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all I have PM'd the mods in other instances not related to this and they left me on read.

Secondly, the hell are you talking about? You can talk about the "genetics of the region" all you want. You were talking about it before djehuti mentioned my name and asked me to come to this thread right? Yes, you were, and I wasn't even in here commenting. There are PLENTY of threads on here where you guys are talking about XYZ and I don't even comment because I could care less. You act like you have some sort of miracle golden nugget piece of information that I'm trying to prevent from being spoken about.

GO AHEAD and talk about it. The problem is you clowns keep mentioning my name like how Lisa pointed out and then when I respond and defend myself from the insults you cry and say I'm "trolling".

Even Doug pointed out how genetic info was being misrepresented in here and he doesn't even have the same worldview as me.

Brandon keeps inserting himself and talking about how I need to be banned yet he's over there sitting silent when other users commit offenses more serious than what you claim I have. Defending myself from personal attacks is off limits in brandon's book but if you're attacking the black community then he's ok with it.

I'm not going to respond or entertain you any further. I don't want to get accused of "trolling" and have people like brandon and elijah start talking about how I need to be banned when I start defending myself and pointing out the blatant racism being spewed by certain users.

Posts: 2628 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
djehuti mentioned my name

you'll get over it
pull up your diaper and move on

quote:
The problem is you clowns keep mentioning my name

do you have to react to everything like a dog barking at passing cars?
Posts: 43016 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

You guys react to anything you want literally all the time, and even initiate the conflicts, both on topic and off topic. Yet nobody accuses you of "trolling" or calls for you to be banned. That's the point I was making, in case it went over your head. You are the number 1 racist troll on this website and you know it, that's why you started crying and cussing like a little B when I revived that thread from 2014 where all the other users were calling you out for what you are -- a racist, gaslighting nutjob.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004440

Have a nice day

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL The báizuǒ demon or al Abyad seems perturbed as it posts screenshots like an angry female in Lipstick Alley. Is there an exorcism afoot? As annoying as he is, I'm not ready for him to be banned just yet. Frankly the troll feeds on attention like a female on Instagram. I would like to actually discuss the actual topic of Lazaridis' findings.

-

Posts: 26376 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

Feel free to continue discussing whatever, folks. I just want everyone to take note of how djehuti has continuously lied and accused me of making up the fact that other black posters of the website reached out to brandon because they were disturbed by djehuti's comments about the black community.... even though there's a screenshot of brandon saying this himself.

And also, that djehuti has tried to dodge other users like Doug who also pointed out the same dishonesty/misrepresentations that I have been pointing out about his arguments in this thread.

Shalom!

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy needs to immediately be banned as he insists on disrupting the topic with off topic shxt. Its annoying.
Posts: 2601 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

Yo why don't you just shut up already? Nobody has commented in this thread all damn day and then you come out of nowhere at the end of the day complaining.

It's almost like you want the shit to keep going. This is like the 6th or 7th time you've done that and someone else has already told you more than once to be quiet.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for bumping, but do we actually know whether the Biblical "mountains of Ararat" are actually in Anatolia like a lot of people think? Could they not possibly be based on the Zagros Mountains that border Mesopotamia?

It'd be funny if they were actually based on the Himalayas north of India, since those are the actual tallest mountains above sea level (and therefore likely to be the first to rise above the floodwaters were the Noah's Ark myth literally true).

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7147 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
Sorry for bumping, but do we actually know whether the Biblical "mountains of Ararat" are actually in Anatolia like a lot of people think? Could they not possibly be based on the Zagros Mountains that border Mesopotamia?

It'd be funny if they were actually based on the Himalayas north of India, since those are the actual tallest mountains above sea level (and therefore likely to be the first to rise above the floodwaters were the Noah's Ark myth literally true).

The biblical name of the mountain was designated way after the events of the flood. And the attestation would be based on what was observed at the time of documentation. The mountains were named after the title of empire in the region. Urartu - Ararat.
Posts: 1785 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Correct. Genesis states the ark rested on a mount (not necessarily a mountain but a high hill) in the area of Ararat which was the Hebrew name for the region that was ancient Armenia.
Posts: 26376 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flood story itself is rather fanciful, but some interpretations of it is even more fanciful. One idea is that Noah and his family belonged to the species Homo erectus. Those who support that explanation claim that since some of the oldest Homo fossils outside Africa was found in Georgia it suggests that the ark landed somewhere in the Caucasus or surrounding areas. After this erectus family departed from the boat they went trough some kind of rapid transformation and developed into the modern humans we see today.

quote:
An important part of understanding how humans diversified following the Flood is knowing what sorts of physical features Noah and his family would have had. We might find the answer to this question by observing the earliest post-Flood human fossils. Since the people to whom those bones belonged were very close in time to Noah’s family, it is possible that they would physically resemble them. It seems probable that Noah may have looked like the human form we call Homo erectus. Homo erectus is the most widespread of the early humans; we have fossils of this type from all of the old-world continents. This raises the possibility that the original expansion following the Flood consisted of Homo erectus-like people.
A Biblical Understanding of Human Diversity

Some people seem to do everything to squeeze all kinds of observed phenomena into a Biblical narrative.

It is interesting how the ancient flood stories are reinterpreted and added to in our own time. The Biblical flood story has become a sort of cultural icon in the Western world.

-

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2761 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I doubt the Noah story somehow predates Anatomically Modern Humans. Unless someone can point to evidence of a Homo Erectus civilization. The Noah story has to be based on something because there are strikingly similar stories not only from other Southwest Asian cultures but Greece and India.
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The above mentioned idea with Noah as a Homo erectus seems mostly to be an attempt to reconcile Biblical history with modern science and paleoanthropological findings. Reminds a bit about the Creation museum where they try to claim that humans and dinosaurs lived side by side before the flood.

The Noah story are often referred to as an example of geomythology, legends and myths with a possible base in real geological phenomena. When it comes to the the Noah story it has its predesessors in Sumerian, Babylonian and Assyrian flood stories and it also have similarities with Indian and later Greek stories. There are signs of some kind of catastrophic flood event in the Eufrat and Tigris valleys around 5000 years ago which can have given rise to oral stories which were later written down. These stories can later have spread to nearby cultures.

Flood stories exists from many places around the world and from different times, and can be based on an array of floods and inundations, especially after the latest ice age when enormous land areals ended up under the surface of the sea. Like the Gulf Oasis which existed in what is today the Persian gulf. There are even a theory that the ancestors to the Sumerians can have come from the Gulf oasis.

A little article about flood stories:

quote:
New research suggests a mythical flood in China really happened about 4,000 years ago.
Modern people have long wondered about ancient stories of great floods. Do they tell of real events in the distant past, or are they myths rooted in imagination? Most familiar to many of us in the West is the biblical story of Noah’s flood. But cultures around the world have passed down their own tales of devastating natural disasters.

New research recently published in Science by a group of mostly Chinese researchers led by Qinglong Wu reports geological evidence for an event they propose may be behind China’s story of a great flood. This new research delves into the field of geomythology, which relates oral traditions and folklore to natural phenomena like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and floods.

Geomythology: Can geologists relate ancient stories of great floods to real events?

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2761 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Actually the Chinese have multiple Great Flood legends, considering that the Yellow River is prone to floods in the first place. The most recent great flood was that of Gun-Yu (Yu the Great), who built dams and the first irrigation system, and founder of the Xia Dynasty. Obviously this legend is nothing like that of Noah and his ark.

Similarly, the Greeks held that there were 3 floods before the deluge of Deucalion.

But in regards to the topic here is an interesting quorum thread: If Semites came from the Natufians, why isn't their Y haplogroup also E1b1b?

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6c9d4e74b1d2b85be5bbd9c3b808e94a

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com