EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » If I were teleported to ancient Egypt, what would happen to me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If I were teleported to ancient Egypt, what would happen to me?
Kimbles
Member # 23765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suppose there was technology that would allow us to teleport back in time. I teleport to ancient Egypt(any time period you think is important to note), what would happen to me? What would the locals think? What would the Pharaoh do in that situation? How would I be treated?

I am African-American from the US. I'm just wondering what would happen to me in this situation, if I were to teleport and try and blend in with the local population. [Smile]

Posts: 80 | From: USA, America | Registered: May 2023  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they would send you back for trolling
Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimbles
Member # 23765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
they would send you back for trolling

I am not though.
Posts: 80 | From: USA, America | Registered: May 2023  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lioness why did they demote you
Posts: 2540 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibis
Member # 23674

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ibis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kimbles:
Suppose there was technology that would allow us to teleport back in time. I teleport to ancient Egypt(any time period you think is important to note), what would happen to me? What would the locals think? What would the Pharaoh do in that situation? How would I be treated?

I am African-American from the US. I'm just wondering what would happen to me in this situation, if I were to teleport and try and blend in with the local population. [Smile]

The biggest thing you would have to get past is the language barrier. They'd instantly assume you were a foreigner based on that alone. I'd imagine you'd be captured and investigated shortly after(assuming you're lucky).
Posts: 79 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ibis:
quote:

The biggest thing you would have to get past is the language barrier. They'd instantly assume you were a foreigner based on that alone. I'd imagine you'd be captured and investigated shortly after(assuming you're lucky).
It depends on where and when you landed in Egypt

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2707 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Agreed, unfortunately. I think the Egyptians tended to distrust ethnic or national outsiders regardless of what those outsiders looked like. A lot of ancient-era populations were like that. They probably would let anyone assimilate into their culture if those outsiders were willing, however.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimbles
Member # 23765

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I kind of figured that, wow. At least, hopefully, it’ll be by some fit, Egyptian soldiers [Razz]
Kimbles
Member # 23765

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
quote:
quote:

It depends on where and when you landed in Egypt
Let’s go with any major Egyptian city. Upper or Lower Egypt, doesn’t matter to me. Time period also, but before the 20th Dynasty.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com