EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » COMPETITION (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: COMPETITION
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EMBARRASSED??? Tarah you can't be serious! But are you going to share with us? I am bursting with curiousity!
Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BaBa-Mido:
... consider me as your tour guide,,,,,,
[/B]

hehe, "tour guide" so this is what they call it in Egypt...

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms jeeeeeen,

I am finally home, if you're around send me a sign now...
Baba-Mido is really back I see!

YOUR little story is sooooo creative...you are really something!

quote:
Originally posted by msjen:

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura this is so cool you contributed with great ones...I'm happy you're around.

You have to tell us your life dream ( on your successful thread) and don't try to get away from that...waiting!

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
And just a few more...DID YOU KNOW THINGS

30 million people live in caves in China

In parts of the Arab Emirates, camels wear fluorescent jackets so they can be easily spotted by motorists

A sneeze leaves the body at 85% of the speed of sound

Flautist's chin is a medical complaint caused by dribbling which leads to a fungal infection on the lower face.

Barristers in the UK dress in all black because they are officially still in mourning over the death of Mary, wife of William III in 1694

In some Slavic nations the slogan "Come alive with Pepsi" has been translated as "Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave".

Elizabethan lovers would pledge their troth by keeping peeled love apples under their armpits until sweat-saturated before exchanging them as fragrant mementos

Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers combined

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Ms jeeeeeen,

I am finally home, if you're around send me a sign now...
Baba-Mido is really back I see!

YOUR little story is sooooo creative...you are really something!

I'm arrrouuuuuuuuund

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
hello hello...I kept seeing your posts everywhere and started to realize we are actually competing today...
So how is everything with you?

Did you know that:
The best New Year's party in Cairo is usually at the Semiramis Hotel/Night Club?
Apparently it's the talk of town every year but it starts being promoted in early december.

quote:

I'm arrrouuuuuuuuund

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Laura this is so cool you contributed with great ones...I'm happy you're around.

You have to tell us your life dream ( on your successful thread) and don't try to get away from that...waiting!

... joining the queue

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
hello hello...I kept seeing your posts everywhere and started to realize we are actually competing today...
So how is everything with you?

Did you know that:
The best New Year's party in Cairo is usually at the Semiramis Hotel/Night Club?
Apparently it's the talk of town every year but it starts being promoted in early december.

Competition ... hehe

Have you ever been to the semiramis club? and how does new year's eve work in egypt? i remember reading something about it on a thread a few weeks ago, but i couldn't really relate to it. have you ever been in egypt on that date, or to this particular club??

oh and by the way i think you have a fan on one of the other threads - omad or something was his name. in that context, what exactly does YA HAYEEG mean?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Yes ...I've been to the Semiramis on december 31st in 2001 and also at the Palestine in Alexandria on December 31st 2002. lots of classy decorations and impeccable service.

Belly dancing show and an orchestra for modern dancing and also everybody dances 'balady' too a delicious dinner, a singer...well a very nice Egyptian athmosphere with a flair of western culture thrown in to please everyone!
Yeah...a Fan he he he you mean the Russian women fan...I think he mistook me for a foreigner, non arabic speaking , or something...

The word you said means ... eeeuuuuh...how shall I put it respectfully???

Ok someone who is repressed ....in terms of intimate needs, and is showing it...

quote:
Competition ... hehe

Have you ever been to the semiramis club? and how does new year's eve work in egypt? i remember reading something about it on a thread a few weeks ago, but i couldn't really relate to it. have you ever been in egypt on that date, or to this particular club??

oh and by the way i think you have a fan on one of the other threads - omad or something was his name. in that context, what exactly does YA HAYEEG mean?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 November 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Monica, I'll have to let you win this cometition for now as i have to go. I'll check if you're around tonight when i'm back. Enjoy being back home
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I have to go too, it's pretty early so I'll catch up on some work. But then guess what today is the Egyptian Community centre's IFTAR and my contribution is:

Macarona fil forn bel beshamel...

which is pasta with a meat sauce (spicy) and a white sauce!

Which reminds me that Jamilah ( a future bride who speaks many languages by the way) mentionned that the recipe thread was a brilliant idea of yours.

So maybe you should start the tread for real, requesting that people contribute without copying from recipe books, or the internet, but give us their OWN way, their personalized special recipes.

That way it is much more creative and the real COOKS will show up...the not so real cooks will benefit too as well.
What do you think?
It would be a Universal Blend, with a focus on Egyptian recipes.

I also have to delete stuff on ES, you could too, if you wish to honor Lizbeth's request under Egyptians living abroad.

Salam
Monica

quote:
Monica, I'll have to let you win this cometition for now as i have to go. I'll check if you're around tonight when i'm back. Enjoy being back home

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Dear Fantachero,

I see you almost got yourself a 'tour guide' if you decide to go to Egypt, in the person of Baba_Mido!! ;-)

About your holidays, here are my suggestions:

If you travel during the winter, you may want to go for the Luxor and Aswan Nile Cruise. You will never forget it. You will literally feel so peaceful during that cruise.

If all you want is a beach, then the Red Sea is marvellous. But if you want a beach and also some city life with lots of culture in the air...well, Alexandria.

If you want an athmosphere that is not Middle Eastern but still Mediterranean, Tuscany, Italy is gorgeous...and the Greek island Mykonos comes to mind. Fabulous, Mykonos is a dream.

If you want 'chic' shopping...Paris is really the city of lights and is worth seeing. For an affordable Parisian trip book your hotel in Paris/Rive Gauche, around the 6th 7th 8th arrondissement. Le Danube is super. ask for room number 2 as it is the largest room there ( Hotel rooms are small in Paris unless you go to the Concorde).

Paris is a city everyone should visit, and by the way you actually can see some Parisian architecture in Alexandria, since Napoleon Bonaparte left his impact there.

In regards with ALEXANDRIA, which is my favourite favourite in the world, I will cut and paste one of my postings, describing it for you. For the Hurghada description, see the thread called: Information about Hurghada and Alexandria ( it also includes Sharm El Sheikh). I wrote this IN ANSWER TO A WOMAN THAT WAS WORRIED TO TRAVEL TO EGYPT ALONE AND ATTRACT DIRESPECTABLE REMARKS FROM PEOPLE.

here it goes:

Now about Hurgada vs Alexandria: two totally different styles. I will tell you right away that Hurgada /red sea is beautiful and there are great hotels and you could have an amazing nightlife. Just respect yourself and don't let the 'boys' get too familiar with you. DO NOT MIX WITH THE HELP. Don't give personal information, and try to mix with groups rather than with 'solos'.

Having said that, here is a description of Alexandria, which is my personal favourite city in the WORLD:

The people of Alexandria are beautiful, friendly and multicultural. The architecture is impressive and the sea is splendid. It has been renovated lately by a brilliant mayor and is attractive and clean and organized.

MY favourite hotel is Palestine/Helnan, recently renovated and extremely safe and respectable, right in the smack of a gorgeous royal garden. If you can afford a 5 star hotel, reserve room 338, the view is breathtaking, from one side you have the royal garden and the palace of King Farouk. And on your right you have the sea, of a colour that is a mix of different shades of greens and blues. The hotel can be seen on the internet, do a search: Palestine Helnan Hotel Alexandria.

There's romance in the air, the sea breeze is unique but...so is the humidity!

It is the second largest city and the main port of Egypt, it was built by the Greek architect Dinocrates (332-331 BC) on the site of an old village, Rhakotis, at the orders of Alexander the Great. The city, immortalizing Alexander's name, quickly flourished into a prominent cutural, intellectual, political, and economic metropolis, the remains of which are still impacting the city to this day.

Alexandria's Lighthouse is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the Great Library : Bibliotheca Alexandrina has been revived last year. A must see..

Did you ever hear of CLEOPATRA? well it was along Alexandria's shores that history took a tragic turn at the time of Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, and Octavian.

Alexandria lies north-west of the Nile delta. It is linked to Cairo by two major highways and a railroad line. The winter is temperate and the beaches have white sands and a magnificent scenery. Al Agami is MY personal favourite.

One last thing, if you like seafood that is the place to be!

Take care
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by fantachero:
Hi friends,

I am just curious to know where is the best place you have travelled till now? Where you had your most unbelievable holiday?I am planning to take a vacation in the near future(if my work allow me)so want to get an idea.

Many thanks,

DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

. Just respect yourself and don't let the 'boys' get too familiar with you. DO NOT MIX WITH THE HELP. Don't give personal information, and try to mix with groups rather than with 'solos'.

Monica,

I thought you are my friend

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No sweety, they call (REGOLA OR SHAHAMA) means man with manners that you can depend on.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I am your friend...but I am under the impression that you are a respectable 'man' not a 'boy' he he he...

quote:
Originally posted by BaBa-Mido:

. Just respect yourself and don't let the 'boys' get too familiar with you. DO NOT MIX WITH THE HELP. Don't give personal information, and try to mix with groups rather than with 'solos'.

Monica,

I thought you are my friend

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
And here is my LAST contribution of the day. I know you WILL like it;-)
For political news, recipes (great ones, Laura), the weather and more on Egypt, check this website:
http://www.egyptdailynews.com/

Enjoy!

quote:
Competition ... hehe

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Welcome back monica and million thanks for your ideas. Unfortunately I wont make my trip to egypt this time. I was there in june but as I have only stayed in cairo for few days, I am planning to go next year especially to alex and hurghada. Your comments make me feel that I really must see. But this time I am planning to make my trip to italy. I have always been curious about italy and want to do this trip. As I have few months still to decide. Will let you know once I plan my trip and send u my pictures

Baba-mido,
Thanks a lot for your offer for being my guide. I really appreciate that but next year inshallah. In the meantime if you are planning to come to Istanbul,I can be your guide as well

Best wishes to all of you,

quote:
Dear Fantachero,

I see you almost got yourself a 'tour guide' if you decide to go to Egypt, in the person of Baba_Mido!! ;-)

About your holidays, here are my suggestions:

If you travel during the winter, you may want to go for the Luxor and Aswan Nile Cruise. You will never forget it. You will literally feel so peaceful during that cruise.

If all you want is a beach, then the Red Sea is marvellous. But if you want a beach and also some city life with lots of culture in the air...well, Alexandria.

If you want an athmosphere that is not Middle Eastern but still Mediterranean, Tuscany, Italy is gorgeous...and the Greek island Mykonos comes to mind. Fabulous, Mykonos is a dream.

If you want 'chic' shopping...Paris is really the city of lights and is worth seeing. For an affordable Parisian trip book your hotel in Paris/Rive Gauche, around the 6th 7th 8th arrondissement. Le Danube is super. ask for room number 2 as it is the largest room there ( Hotel rooms are small in Paris unless you go to the Concorde).

Paris is a city everyone should visit, and by the way you actually can see some Parisian architecture in Alexandria, since Napoleon Bonaparte left his impact there.

In regards with ALEXANDRIA, which is my favourite favourite in the world, I will cut and paste one of my postings, describing it for you. For the Hurghada description, see the thread called: Information about Hurghada and Alexandria ( it also includes Sharm El Sheikh). I wrote this IN ANSWER TO A WOMAN THAT WAS WORRIED TO TRAVEL TO EGYPT ALONE AND ATTRACT DIRESPECTABLE REMARKS FROM PEOPLE.

here it goes:

Now about Hurgada vs Alexandria: two totally different styles. I will tell you right away that Hurgada /red sea is beautiful and there are great hotels and you could have an amazing nightlife. Just respect yourself and don't let the 'boys' get too familiar with you. DO NOT MIX WITH THE HELP. Don't give personal information, and try to mix with groups rather than with 'solos'.

Having said that, here is a description of Alexandria, which is my personal favourite city in the WORLD:

The people of Alexandria are beautiful, friendly and multicultural. The architecture is impressive and the sea is splendid. It has been renovated lately by a brilliant mayor and is attractive and clean and organized.

MY favourite hotel is Palestine/Helnan, recently renovated and extremely safe and respectable, right in the smack of a gorgeous royal garden. If you can afford a 5 star hotel, reserve room 338, the view is breathtaking, from one side you have the royal garden and the palace of King Farouk. And on your right you have the sea, of a colour that is a mix of different shades of greens and blues. The hotel can be seen on the internet, do a search: Palestine Helnan Hotel Alexandria.

There's romance in the air, the sea breeze is unique but...so is the humidity!

It is the second largest city and the main port of Egypt, it was built by the Greek architect Dinocrates (332-331 BC) on the site of an old village, Rhakotis, at the orders of Alexander the Great. The city, immortalizing Alexander's name, quickly flourished into a prominent cutural, intellectual, political, and economic metropolis, the remains of which are still impacting the city to this day.

Alexandria's Lighthouse is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the Great Library : Bibliotheca Alexandrina has been revived last year. A must see..

Did you ever hear of CLEOPATRA? well it was along Alexandria's shores that history took a tragic turn at the time of Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, and Octavian.

Alexandria lies north-west of the Nile delta. It is linked to Cairo by two major highways and a railroad line. The winter is temperate and the beaches have white sands and a magnificent scenery. Al Agami is MY personal favourite.

One last thing, if you like seafood that is the place to be!

Take care
Monica

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Dear Monica

Good to see that ES is flooded with your posts once again

To be honest, I can't really recall suggesting a recipe thread, but then sometimes I have so many odd ideas in a day that I don't remember all of them

Actually, thinking about it, at one point i think i was joking about having a 'housewives' thread and reading all the suggestions of housewives to remove stains from t-shirts and what is the best way (or in Germany we would call it the most efficient way) to iron your trouswers etc ...

Anyway, jamilah, if you are reading this thread, please feel free to start any such thread, and I promise I won't sew you for stealing my ideas ... lol
and i herewith promise that any such thread will not die away quickly as i will guard it with my life

Monica I have to share this experience with you. This day was so spooky that I just called some of my friends to tell them about it (they now think i'm mad) ...

A friend of mine and I visited another friend who lives in the countryside on a farm. It takes AGES to get there, and the journey goes through a large and sometimes very dark forest. On the way there we were joking about little creatures living in the woods, trolls, etc

So we arrived safely, went for a walk with our friend, had coffee and cake (lovely cake in fact, with LOTS of chocolate ), then started our journey home. By this time it was pitch black outside.

Whilst the sun was shining, we had slight difficulties finding our way there as the road was not really what the Germans would call a 'proper' road: we had to take loads of turns and there were no road signs etc (11km like that!)
On our way back when it was dark we took a wrong turn and landed in the middle of this deep black forest i checked with my co-pilot if he recognised the way and he also had to admit that it looked rather different from the way we took earlier on that day to get there... being a man of yourse he asked me to continue rather than turning back (what else would you expect!) as surely we would end up somewhere. Then this lovely friend of mine started talking about the blarewitch project and that was tghe WORST thing he could do as the one thing i don't like is spooky situations... of course he blamed me for his ideas as i had talked about trolls on the way there ... whereas actually i had just made up a funny story to keep him entertained!!! And he was talking about the B L A R E W I T C H P R O J E C T. I was not even able to watch the whole film (in fact i nearly jumped on my brothers knees when we watched the pre-views ) ...

Now the funny thing was that as soon as he started peaking about this project, we saw a road sign that was called 'no-man's-valley'.

Now how spooky is that???

Being a very sensible woman (sometimes, at least), I turned IMMEDIATELY and drove back and we eventually found our way back to the motorway (after about a dozen cigarettes)...

what a silly day ...

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 15 November 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
fanta i just heard about the explosions in istanbul! i hope you and your family are safe and well!
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
My dear msjen,

I loved your story of course and I am laughing, because honestly I am not sure if this really happenned, or if it's one of your wonderfully creative little stories...but seriously I would have been spooked too;-)

TEA? how many sugars?

Yes I was trying to 'compete' to catch up, but guess what, it seems that I got carried away somehow and a nice member 'tlc', thought I was being insulting to Laura on the dream thread. So I did thank her for bringing to my attention that I could be 'insulting' with my remarks.

By the way, are you close to Frankfurt?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
[b]Dear Monica

Good to see that ES is flooded with your posts once again

what a silly day ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
My dear msjen,

I loved your story of course and I am laughing, because honestly I am not sure if this really happenned, or if it's one of your wonderfully creative little stories...but seriously I would have been spooked too;-)

TEA? how many sugars?

Yes I was trying to 'compete' to catch up, but guess what, it seems that I got carried away somehow and a nice member 'tlc', thought I was being insulting to Laura on the dream thread. So I did thank her for bringing to my attention that I could be 'insulting' with my remarks.

By the way, are you close to Frankfurt?

Hi Monica,
yes I noticed that tlc post, if you check you can see that i responded on your behalf the same time as you ... no joke, i thought you weren't around

and with regards to the above story, yes it is true (i quite like to keep reality and fiction separate ... helps me keep sane )

There are 2 Frankfurts in Germany, but I think you mean Frankfurt/Main. We're about 170 km north-west. are you thinking about a visit??? I would recommend december, we have a typical german christmast market here with mulled wine which is drunk everywhere in germany throughout december (we have to do this as it is very cold and otherwise we would freeze tro death )! And German efficiency is not as bad as people say

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
oh and it was coffee, not tea. but no milk and 2 sugars in both are you thinking about bringing this as a gift for the host
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks friend for your replies here and there and everywhere...you keep me smiling.

I have to visit a very sick ;-( dear friend in Paris in december (26 to 30th) and then I plan to visit my cousin in Aachen. My Beach vacation is cancelled, because I have to be in Europe on January 5th.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Sorry to hear that your beach vacation is cancelled ... looks as if you really looked forward to that

But the good news is that you might be over here around x-mas / new year!!! well, just let me know what your plans are and i'll make sure that we get a chance to catch up!!! Aachen is lovely by the way (i know you won't believe me now but the funny thing is that the friend we visited today - the one who lives miles out of no-where - happens to be one of my best buddies and he used to live in aachen whilst i was living in brussels ... so i managed to take a look at that lovely place quite a few times - and it really is nice )

and the gift thing was just a joke, don't worry about that, don't need gifts!!! but i think i'd better find out now where there's a good place to have tea in Aachen ...

nb dusseldorf is only an hour away from here and a train to aachen shouldn't take longer than about 1.5 hours

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 15 November 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Aachen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you've alrady been here! Excellent! (it can be quite a culture shock to people who are not used to to our bluntness )

my e-mail is msjen@gmx.net

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Thanks funny girl!

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
By the way, here is something interesting related to an Egyptian that was called: the pioneer of enlightment.

DID YOU KNOW that Dr. Taha Hussein, Born in Upper Egypt, an extremely well known Egyptian, blinded at the age of 3, wrote these controversial words in 1954, under the title:
"The future of culture in Egypt"

[Now that we have succeeded in restoring the honor and self-respect that come with independence, it is our plain duty to protect what we have won.

We must rear a generation of Egyptian youth who will never know the humiliation and shame that was the lot of their fathers.

Some Egyptians object to Europeanization on the grounds that it threatens our national personality, and glorious heritage.

I do not naturally advocate rejection of the past or loss of identity in the Europeans; ...the only time that we might have been absorbed by Europe was when we were extremely weak, ignorant, and possessed of the notion that the hat was superior to the turban and the fez, because it always covered a more distinguished head!

Although great powers imposed their will on us for many centuries, they were unable to destroy our personality.

I am merely asking that the preservatives of defense, religion, language, art, and history be strengthened by the adoption of Western techniques and ideas.]

What do you think of this statement friends?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
What a wise man, it seems. I never heard of him before today, it appears that he is advocating the preservation of a national identity, but not isolation - rather the inclusion of other cultures' ideas. A liberal man, ie NOT thinking that something is 'good' or 'bad' or 'useful' or 'unuseful' merely bacause its origin, but independent of its origin. those words appear to be those of an intelligent open mind and i personally believe that this is exactly what we all need to live together peacefully.

Thank you Monica.

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen,

Thanks a lot my friend, me and my family are ok no one was around the area at the time. We are all so sad for the people who lost their lives and get injured. Have so much difficulty in understanding how people could be so merciless for any ideology.

Take care and best wishes to all of you,

quote:
fanta i just heard about the explosions in istanbul! i hope you and your family are safe and well!

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you are well Fantachero:-)

Let's hope that we can all see the day where international political conflicts are resolved 'intelligently' and not through hidden personal agendas of the so called 'intelligentsia' crowds of today. The day when globalization, will be the process of enabling peace to be invested in every nation, really and truly; to be carried on an international basis as a result of an improvement in the 'brain' of most of the top people.

How on earth can that be achieved?

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by fantachero:
Jen,

Thanks a lot my friend, me and my family are ok no one was around the area at the time. We are all so sad for the people who lost their lives and get injured. Have so much difficulty in understanding how people could be so merciless for any ideology.

Take care and best wishes to all of you,

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhhhh MsJen your story reminded me of something that happened to one of my friends!!

SCARY BUT TRUE STORY!!
I know this guy whose neighbor, a young man, was home recovering from having been served a rat in his bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

So anyway, one day he went to sleep and when he awoke he was in his bathtub and it was full of ice and he was sore all over. When he got out of the tub he realized that HIS KIDNEYS HAD BEEN STOLEN and he saw a note on his mirror that said, "Call 911!" But he was afraid to use his phone because it was connected to his computer, and there was a virus on his computer that would destroy his hard drive if he opened an e-mail entitled, "Join the crew!"

He knew it wasn't a hoax because he himself was a computer programmer who was working on software to save us from Armageddon when the year 2000 rolled around. And it's a little-known fact that the Y1K problem caused the Dark Ages.

His program will prevent a global disaster in which all the computers get together and distribute the $600 Neiman-Marcus cookie recipe under the leadership of Bill Gates. (It's true, I read it all last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, who was also promising me a free Disney World vacation and $5,000 if I would forward the e-mail to everyone I know.)

The poor man then tried to call 911 from a pay phone to report his missing kidneys, but reaching into the coin-return slot he got jabbed with an HIV-infected needle around which was wrapped a note that said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS."

Luckily he was only a few blocks from the hospital-the one where that little boy who is dying of cancer is, the one whose last wish is for everyone in the world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer Society has agreed to pay him a nickel for every e-mail he receives.

I sent him two e-mails and one of them was a bunch of x's and o's in the shape of an angel (if you get it and forward it to 20 people you will have good luck but 10 people you will only have OK luck and if you send it to less than 10 people you will have BAD LUCK FOR SEVEN YEARS).

So anyway the poor guy tried to drive himself to the hospital, but on the way he noticed another car driving along without its lights on. To be helpful, he flashed his lights at him and was promptly shot as part of a gang initiation.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Laura i won't be able to sleep now
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Laura:
[B]Ohhhhhhhh MsJen your story reminded me of something that happened to one of my friends!!

SCARY BUT TRUE STORY!!

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladiessssssssss, it's a parody from all those junk EMAILS!! lol you didnt take this seriously i hope..ohhhhhhh am sorry if i scared ya!!
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I think you're brilliant girl!!!

When I read the Bill
Gates part I thought: woooow she is so naive he he he...

quote:
Ladiessssssssss, it's a parody from all those junk EMAILS!! lol you didnt take this seriously i hope..ohhhhhhh am sorry if i scared ya!!

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
still can't sleep laura ... these were the stories we told each other when we were young, eg in youth hostels, on camp sites, etc .. the silly thing is that i appear to be the only one who then visualises these stories and gets upset

anyway, has anyone seen adoula around? I MISS HIS POSTS!

ok i will try to sleep again now (laura i really do hope that i won't stay half awake all night and tomorrow and tell my courses bill gates stories tomorrow, not knowing if i'm dreaming or not ...lol, i think they would be confused)

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoulaaaaaaaaaaaaa...come out of your shadow!
( it worked with Freeman he came out of the shadow)

I have an important question for you:

if YOU were in politics, what would you do to stop the INSANITY?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Monica (joining jen requesting your presence)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Adoulaaaaaaaaaaaaa...come out of your shadow!
( it worked with Freeman he came out of the shadow)

I have an important question for you:

if YOU were in politics, what would you do to stop the INSANITY?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Monica (joining jen requesting your presence)

thank you my friend

Laura
Member # 879

MsJen

I promise not to scare you anymore

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I think that Adoula is too busy these days. Until he shows up again

Did you know, that:

Linguistically, the word "Arab" means deserts, waterless and treeless land.

The pure Arabs originally lived in Yemen, and comprised many tribes.

The Arabized Arabs however, originated from the progeny of Ishmael. They were also called Adnanian Arabs.

I think I'll add this to the Egyptian /Arabs thread...could be of interest...

quote:
still can't sleep laura ... these were the stories we told each other when we were young, eg in youth hostels, on camp sites, etc .. the silly thing is that i appear to be the only one who then visualises these stories and gets upset

ok i will try to sleep again now (laura i really do hope that i won't stay half awake all night and tomorrow and tell my courses bill gates stories tomorrow, not knowing if i'm dreaming or not ...lol, i think they would be confused)

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
MsJen

I promise not to scare you anymore

this smily thing made me giggle

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
this smily thing made me giggle

in fact i have been looking at it for the last 10 minutes and i am still laughing

insane jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
sorry double posting

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 17 November 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
msjen,

You're 'double' posting he he he...

quote:
in fact i have been looking at it for the last 10 minutes and i am still laughing

insane jen

Laura
Member # 879

quote:

insane jen

LOL MsJen

Intee mabsootah, ana mabsootah

Laura

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
I think that Adoula is too busy these days. Until he shows up again

Did you know, that:

Linguistically, the word "Arab" means deserts, waterless and treeless land.

The pure Arabs originally lived in Yemen, and comprised many tribes.

The Arabized Arabs however, originated from the progeny of Ishmael. They were also called Adnanian Arabs.

I think I'll add this to the Egyptian /Arabs thread...could be of interest...

Monica, pardon my ignorance but could you explain what the difference between an arab and an arabised arab is?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
LOL MsJen

Intee mabsootah, ana mabsootah

Laura

wot does that mean!

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
msjen,

You're 'double' posting he he he...

he he he i have a damn good reason , check your e-mail

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
msjen, it is a pleasure to answer your question,

Arabizing a people is to get them to adopt the arabic language.

quote:
Monica, pardon my ignorance but could you explain what the difference between an arab and an arabised arab is?

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com