EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider?
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey happy,

You don't need to defend yourself here happy. You know as long as you both make eachother happy - then thats great - it is NOONES business here who pays for your wedding.

I truly wish you both the best.
[Wink]

Take care

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish happy in love and yorkshire rose the best that life can offer them. May your love for each other continue to grow. Don't feel the need to justify your lives to one.........some here are a bunch of busy bodies up in everyone's business.
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here here miss noor!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy in love
Member # 12547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx happybunny and missnoor you are realy example for the good people here i know i didnt need to said that and itis no body business but i just wanted to explain alittle bit this people just talk and they dont know any thing about our life.
i hope for you too both happy life with your parteners.

Posts: 205 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let me just say something i know Allison and remo, and they are lovely and the nicest people i have meet. best wishes to both of you [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heart&soul
Member # 14176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart&soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider?

What are you expectations when it comes to "providing" for the family?

I have no problem to help my husband if his salary is not enough or for certain time if he lost his job or get sick or for any other reason,but he should always try his best to work so hard.
Posts: 52 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really think i would marrry a man with no money!!we could always survive somehow!!
but i could not marry a man that is lazy and or there is no love!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina DITTO
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sooooooo confused! YR is married now?
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, she's married.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyy [Big Grin] Congrats Yorkshire Rose..i am always happy to see happy couples and really you dont have to give any attention for all the bad or jealousing people at all.Here i know manyyy people who loves you coz they feel that you are a sweet lady.You have your husband next to you,you have your family now to think of,who doesnt like it,to go look his own business and life!Its up to you and your love how things will work out,and i believe that you both will be really really happy when you really cherish this love.I am wishing you onlyyy the best and lots of happiness all of your life,from the bottom of my heart.Be always happy together and may God bless you both!Mabrouk!
Hugs:D

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone
DiDi, micky, miss noor and happy bunny, thakyou so much for your lovely kind words, you are all so special to me, and thanks for your suport.
You are the best really
xxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen people get married so quickly off of message boards before. Maybe ES needs to start acting as marriage brokers or something. . .lots of money to be made for sure. [Smile]
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad idea. [Frown]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guess Who
Member # 14781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guess Who         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
I pay much in this house so why the hell he will get all and me nothing,
my name is on that house and until he will be fair then im not going to sign the papers.
im no thief, i worked damed hard for that house as well, hes just the one who wants the lot.
Dream on.

Finally a responce from the Rose herself....all i wanted.
Lets remind You that you left....he didn't want you to leave.
Be a big girl and sign these papers for that house, so he also can go on with his life, otherwise it will costs you both a lot of extra money you don't have.
What did he do you wrong by the way, i know the guy for 13 years, can't imagine that he would do anything wrong to a person.

Please i ask you once nicely, mail you're ex and fix this.
you're not married to him, so you can't get money out of it, also the house is nothing.
If he must sell it, he won't make a profit... beter yet he has to pay for it.....that means you too.
Please Ali, be an adult and just sign...and let him have his life like you have yours.....

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sander stop trying to be someone else.
Just admit it, doesnt matter if married or not, i put into the house, why the hell you should get the lot, you just want the lot for yourself, pathetic you have to come to a egypt forum to ask for me to sign the papers, arnt you man enough to discuss though emails.
I dont have a clue why you want the whole world to know about this,
You took loads from me, and think its fine to want all,
And iff this is not you, then i know who it is, hheheheeh i know who you are, and i thought you was my friend, oh you want to get your feet in the door. well tough, dont hve to be married to have something out a house i worked hard for.
Be a man and be fair.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YR, you cant really blame the man for coming on here and making it public, when you made your life with him public on here, you told everyone about him and how you'd met someone else, then how blissfully happy you are now you have left him and gone to Egypt and married someone else- rubbing his nose in it dont you think?
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very uncomfortable. [Frown]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs:
YR, you cant really blame the man for coming on here and making it public, when you made your life with him public on here, you told everyone about him and how you'd met someone else, then how blissfully happy you are now you have left him and gone to Egypt and married someone else- rubbing his nose in it dont you think?

Agree.

If the guy is truly a jerk and you truly met the love of your life, be done with it and sign the papers. You chose to leave and marry someone else. . .when you make those kinds of decisions, you should at least be willing to give up some things and it sounds like you want your cake & eat it to.

I just know if it were me leaving because I met the "love of my life", I'd be leaving with very little material items. All that would matter to me is that I'm with the one I love and the rest? We would work together to build a new life.

I'm a firm believer of "what comes around, goes around". Be careful of how you handle things now because you could find the tables turned later on in life.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minneapolis, MN – African Path announced today that they will broadcast live matches from the 26th edition of the Africa Cup of Nations: Ghana 2008. The games will be online at http://tv.africanpath.com.

The Africa Cup of Nations is the premier sporting event on the African continent that occurs on a biannual basis in January and February. By broadcasting these games online, African Path will be joining the ranks of some of the great African internet properties providing both entertainment and news for the continent.

“We are excited with this offering. All along, African Path’s goal is to offer great content for its visitors while providing Africans with a stage for them to own and tell their stories on the global stage.” Says an enthusiastic Joshua Wanyama, owner of African Path.

“The Africa Cup of Nations is the ultimate continental sporting event and our participation in covering North America ensures our commitment to Africa and its cultures.”

The games will begin on the 20th of January and run till the 10th of February. During these 21 days, 16 African countries including Ghana, Guinea, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Benin, Egypt, Cameroon, Sudan, Zambia, Tunisia, Senegal, South Africa and Angola will compete in group and knock out round matches to determine the continent’s football champions. Egypt won the 2006 edition.

Live and on demand matches will be made available so that site customers can watch at any time. Game summaries will also be streamed an hour after the game ends.

About African Path

African Path is an online portal that allows Africans to tell their own stories on the global stage. While most representation of Africa outside the continent is by foreign media houses, African Path provides the platform for Africans to express themselves. The site features daily headlines, opinion and commentary; social networking and video content.

Visit us today http://www.africanpath.com, http://village.africanpath.com

For comprehensive business news in Africa: http://www.cheetahindex.com

African Cup of Nations Live Broadcast: http://tv.africanpath.com/TVPlayerPage.cfm

###

For further information please contact us:

African Path

242 W Franklin Av, Ste. 301
Minneapolis, MN 55404

Phone: 612 424 5459

Benin “Mwangi” Brown
benin@africanpath.com

Joshua Wanyama
Joshua@africanpath.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=broadcasting+schedule+africa+cup+of+nations+2008

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?????, I believe you posted in the wrong thread! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
york girl dont sign no kida papers if yal have to give up 1/2 of somethin u own!!!!
work it out in court!!

u know here in the usa if you leave and dont show for court he automatical wins anyway but in true if u have no plans on goin back to the uk and u wanna cut ties u should sing the divorce papaers!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
heheheh no tina, its not divorce papers, i was never married, its the papers so that he will claim, the house and all, and i get nothing,
He is greedy and wants the lot,when i worked hard to for that place.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good girl, don't give in!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
heheheh no tina, its not divorce papers, i was never married, its the papers so that he will claim, the house and all, and i get nothing,
He is greedy and wants the lot,when i worked hard to for that place.

helllllllll no dont sign!!let him live in yr house until u and yr husband wanna move there then he will have 2 options!!move or deal with you and yr husband
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
helllllllll no dont sign!!let him live in yr house until u and yr husband wanna move there then he will have 2 options!!move or deal with you and yr husband

Hahahahaaaa!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
heheheheheheheheh im notsigning till he plays fair, simple as that
hes just so greedy and wants the lot when , i did my share too,

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Sierra
Member # 14808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would marry a man that wasn't the provider if my work pays well enough. Not necessary the man always provide.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people already changed their usernames here.

Any Muslim man here to make a comment? How taking a role of provider makes you feel in your marriage?

If you are Muslim and not married man, would you like your wife once you get married to take care of you financially and work for you?

She becomes main provider and takes a role of husband.

How would this make you feel?

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been provider in my marriage, by force of circumstances. I didn't change anything in our mutual understandings.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't marriage supposed to be a partnership?

If a wife is able to provide and due to certain circumstances the husband isn't able for a time, would the wife leave him to starve? If so, then she entered into the marriage for the wrong reasons.

Are women supposed to marry based only on the grounds of the husband being able to provide more than she could? Are we all supposed to sell ourselves into legal prostitution dressed up as marriage?

Why does no one see it that way? The woman choses a husband on the basis of how much he can hand over to marry her, effectively buying her. No different to buying a slave or a prostitute really is it?

The question could be rephrased to say 'would you marry the highest bidder'. I suppose much is based on culture and upbringing, I personally dont want to be a 'kept' woman and feel marriage is a partnership between 2 people. I certainly would never marry for money, I have too much pride in myself for that, but then I wasnt brought up to feel I am second class because I am a woman and that I need someone wealthy to 'buy' me.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You're seeing it in the western perspective, Ayisha. A marriage in Egypt is based on other norms and values.
A man is supposed to be the provider of his wife and children, and it is seen as his obligation to do so. It's even part of the religious laws in case of marriages. A man who isn't able to provide a family, also isn't able to marry, simply as that.
Because also in Egypt situations are changing, girls get educated, and actually are able to provide a family, the need for having a husband who can, isn't that big anymore.
It is fighting against long lasting traditions, and behind these independant women, there are families who still maintain their traditional values. Besides that, often it is also a matter of class. A woman who is able to be financially independant, often will be a member of a higher class, and potential candidates that are NOT able to provide, often are a member of a lower class. So, families do not like to see marriages between that two classes...
The differences between and possibilities into that classes are much bigger as we know in Europe. So, it's a bit hard to comparise, but imagine yourself people from the very lowest part of society in your own country. Do you think your parents would be happy with such a candidate?
I don't think so, because also in our society we are using norms and values regarding somebodies background. We also know groups of people that are considered as unaccepted as a candidate, only because of the fact that the man himself cannot change the place of birth, and the social class of his parents...
We reason that, with a childhood in a certain class, the person also will have the norms, believes, customs and values of that class. And when they are significant different as the ones we have got, getting accepted is more difficult...
The most important is, that we understand the reasons why people are acting like they do...
The Egyptian perspective on a marriage is interpretable, when you understand the backlaying reasons...

--------------------

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
You're seeing it in the western perspective, Ayisha. A marriage in Egypt is based on other norms and values.
A man is supposed to be the provider of his wife and children, and it is seen as his obligation to do so. It's even part of the religious laws in case of marriages. A man who isn't able to provide a family, also isn't able to marry, simply as that.
Because also in Egypt situations are changing, girls get educated, and actually are able to provide a family, the need for having a husband who can, isn't that big anymore.
It is fighting against long lasting traditions, and behind these independant women, there are families who still maintain their traditional values. Besides that, often it is also a matter of class. A woman who is able to be financially independant, often will be a member of a higher class, and potential candidates that are NOT able to provide, often are a member of a lower class. So, families do not like to see marriages between that two classes...
The differences between and possibilities into that classes are much bigger as we know in Europe. So, it's a bit hard to comparise, but imagine yourself people from the very lowest part of society in your own country. Do you think your parents would be happy with such a candidate?
I don't think so, because also in our society we are using norms and values regarding somebodies background. We also know groups of people that are considered as unaccepted as a candidate, only because of the fact that the man himself cannot change the place of birth, and the social class of his parents...
We reason that, with a childhood in a certain class, the person also will have the norms, believes, customs and values of that class. And when they are significant different as the ones we have got, getting accepted is more difficult...
The most important is, that we understand the reasons why people are acting like they do...
The Egyptian perspective on a marriage is interpretable, when you understand the backlaying reasons...

I don't know where you get your information. In Egypt, Egyptian women Muslims aren't getting married to men who can't provide for them or their future families. The woman's family would absoultely 100% against that! In Egypt the men are the providers NOT the women. Now you might find SOME women helping, but that is not a requirement. Men are selected on the basis of their ability to provide and take care of their families Period..full stop! The girl might love the guy, but the family will over rule that option in a heartbeat.
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I think you don't understand what I said, because I am saying about the same as you do...
I know some financial independant women who are providing their family. Egyptian families. But indeed they are rare, and I understand why.

--------------------

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more point in Egypt the social status of a women is not determined on how much money she make. It is determined on the status of "her" family. Therefore a woman may have money, however, because her parents etc are from a lower standard she will be treated or classified by the standard of her immediate family.

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes ????? I am seeing the western perspective because I am western. The question did not specify only Egyptian marriages so I was comparing the two. I am western and married to an Egyptian and I gave my reasons why its different and how I personally felt about it.

I have not been raised to see 'class' as many may have been raised, I am not a snob and never could be and could never look 'down' on someone who some would deem to be born into a 'lower class', not in UK or in Egypt. My parents raised me that way so if I had chosen a road sweeper as a husband as long as he made me happy my parents would have given their blessings.

There was one hadith that has stuck in my head, its about a man who wanted to marry, the woman also wanted to marry him but all he had to give her was 1 date. They married and he gave her his 1 date. This shows me that it doesnt matter how much a man can give as long as its something he has. Nowdays the women are demanding huge sums of money to marry, in effect being 'sold', or selling themselves, to the highest bidder. They are still seen as property which is not Islamic and is still cultural. This is one reason why Arab men are looking away from their own for a wife because their own are becoming too expensive to 'buy' and a Western woman will share and not always expect and demand.

The Quran says that men are the 'protectors' and 'maintainers' of women because Allah has given them more 'strength' and they 'support them from their means'. Men are physically stronger than women and have a duty to protect a woman using that strength. They have a duty to 'maintain' them from 'their means'. There is nothing to say that the wife can't or shouldn't help to provide.

The other 'cultural' difference that is also wrongly placed on 'Islam' is that the woman has all the duties in the home. This is shown as wrong by the prophet himself who used to help clean, cook and mend his own clothes. The running of the home is a joint duty. Caring for each other is a joint duty and if circumstances mean that the woman provides an income then there is nothing in 'Islam' to say she can't or shouldn't, nor should it be seen as a slight on the man.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

This statement in my opinion is completely true:

quote:
This is one reason why Arab men are looking away from their own for a wife because their own are becoming too expensive to 'buy' and a Western woman will share and not always expect and demand
And I'm sure that a lot of you women who are married to Egyptian men will disagree. Egyptian men are marrying foreign women because they are trying to get around the culture issues. They know that foreign women will not and do not demand the customary issues that typical Egyptian families insist upon. They want the cake without having to fulfill the obligations to get it. Instead of providing some form of security like owning their own flat, it is easier to get the foreign woman and do the rent thing. They know that the foregin women will most likely have that attitude that she will share or even set-up the household because she has more money and is accustomed to doing so in the West.

Egypt men try to avoid the usual:

1. Owning a flat
2. Buying a ring.
3. paying the dowery (which is customary in Islaam)
4. Furnishing the flat.
5. Marry a foreign wife and incase of divorce you won't have to worry about alimony for sure, she'll be heading back to her home country.

They rather chuck their responsibilities and go after someone who will not even be aware that these things are normal in Egypt and that as a wife she is entitled to them.

How many foregin women here have have their Egyptian husbands fulfill the customary issues in terms of their husband owning a flat or villa, buying their wives a nice ring, furnishing the flat or villa AND still maintaining all of the bills in the household?

From what I have read on this board and there are many stories, many of the foreign women have been hoodwinked by their Egyptian husband or boyfriends and the sad part is that the Egyptian men know exactly what a bargin they are getting went they catch the foreign woman.

Why buy the cow when you get the milk free?

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Isn't every culture a mix from religious and cultural customs & traditions, not static because they are changing by time, one more then the other, one faster as the other, but they are under influence of a lot... That's culture!
I am not a snob either, I have been raised in a culture that is rather tolerant to the ones who are different. But, if I have to be honest, I would have my thoughts when my daughter should show up with a candidate ( strange word in this aspect) who has been born and raised in a, for instance, caravan camp... This people do not have a good reputation, and I would expect problems with that...
Your idea's are very sincere, and if your husband has the same ideology,and you both are able to live a life with that intentions, you are a perfect couple!
Nevertheless I think, you also have to deal with the preconceptions of the outside world. Not only in their opinion, but also in the field of getting a job and making a life...

--------------------

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:

quote:
This is one reason why Arab men are looking away from their own for a wife because their own are becoming too expensive to 'buy' and a Western woman will share and not always expect and demand
And I'm sure that a lot of you women who are married to Egyptian men will disagree. Egyptian men are marrying foreign women because they are trying to get around the culture issues. They know that foreign women will not and do not demand the customary issues that typical Egyptian families insist upon. They want the cake without having to fulfill the obligations to get it. Instead of providing some form of security like owning their own flat, it is easier to get the foreign woman and do the rent thing. They know that the foregin women will most likely have that attitude that she will share or even set-up the household because she has more money and is accustomed to doing so in the West.

1. Owning a flat
2. Buying a ring.
4. Furnishing the flat.
5. Marry a foreign wife and incase of divorce you won't have to worry about alimony for sure, she'll be heading back to her home country.

They rather chuck their responsibilities and go after someone who will not even be aware that these things are normal in Egypt and that as a wife she is entitled to them.

How many foregin women here have have their Egyptian husbands fulfill the customary issues in terms of their husband owning a flat or villa, buying their wives a nice ring, furnishing the flat or villa AND still maintaining all of the bills in the household?

From what I have read on this board and there are many stories, many of the foreign women have been hoodwinked by their Egyptian husband or boyfriends and the sad part is that the Egyptian men know exactly what a bargin they are getting went they catch the foreign woman.

And in case of the bull right here? Because this is a bit unusual...what did you offer your cow? [Razz]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

quote:

1. Owning a flat
2. Buying a ring.
4. Furnishing the flat.

There was only 1 thing you put as customary in Islam sands. Nothing else you put is, so as I said most of it is cultural. If women in this culture want to sell themselves or be sold to the highest bidder thats fine, but dont try dressing it up to be part of Islam because it isnt.
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:

And in case of the bull right here? Because this is a bit unusual...what did you offer your cow? [Razz] [/QB]

If you are referring to my wife, well plain and simply thats none of your freaking business. If I wanted you to know I would have told you.

But like I said from what has been discuss on "This Forum" there are a lot of women giving the milk for free!

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:There was only 1 thing you put as customary in Islam sands. Nothing else you put is, so as I said most of it is cultural. If women in this culture want to sell themselves or be sold to the highest bidder thats fine, but dont try dressing it up to be part of Islam because it isnt.
I think I was very clear in what I wrote which was customary and Islaamic.

BTW Islaam encourages people to follow their cultures as long as it does not conflict with Quran and Sunnah. People are people and are entitled to have and live their lives irrespective of their culture differences.

I don't have a lot of time to educated you Islamically regarding this matter, but suffice it to say that as long as the cultural issues do not conicide with Islaam, giving a ring, furnishing a flat, or demanding that the perspective husband owns a flat does not go against the tenants of Islaam in terms of demanding these things from perspective Muslim spouses.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

And in case of the bull right here? Because this is a bit unusual...what did you offer your cow? [Razz]

If you are referring to my wife, well plain and simply thats none of your freaking business. If I wanted you to know I would have told you.

But like I said from what has been discuss on "This Forum" there are a lot of women giving the milk for free! [/QB]

so you were charged for the milk as you bought the whole cow [Wink]
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

But like I said from what has been discuss on "This Forum" there are a lot of women giving the milk for free!

so you were charged for the milk as you bought the whole cow [Wink] [/QB]
I didn't say that. Those are your words. However, I will say this. I get all the milk I want now, whenever I want it! [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
I think I was very clear in what I wrote which was customary and Islaamic.

BTW Islaam encourages people to follow their cultures as long as it does not conflict with Quran and Sunnah. People are people and are entitled to have and live their lives irrespective of their culture differences.

I don't have a lot of time to educated you Islamically regarding this matter, but suffice it to say that as long as the cultural issues do not conicide with Islaam, giving a ring, furnishing a flat, or demanding that the perspective husband owns a flat does not go against the tenants of Islaam in terms of demanding these things from perspective Muslim spouses. [/QB]

I dont need to be educated by you Islamically sands, you need to be educated, in Islam and in other things, but I dont have time for that either.

I think you mean that as long as the cultural issues DO coincide with Islam then its ok, if they go against it then its not ok. Demanding a flat/villa and heaps of money does not coincide with Islam.

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
quote:
quote:

so you were charged for the milk as you bought the whole cow [Wink] [/QB]
Your comments and others like you leads one to question something.

You talk about a man paying for a woman or a woman selling herself. Okay, so after married when a man is providing for his wife financially do you still consider him paying for the cow and the milk i.e. sexual favors for monthly financial services rendered?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't say that. Those are your words. However, I will say this. I get all the milk I want now, whenever I want it! [Big Grin] [/QB]
No sands, it was you that suggested why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free, not me or anyone else. You have also said that you did buy the cow and now get all your milk for free, which is not 'free' if you had to buy the cow to get the milk is it? [Wink]

Does your wife know you refer to her as a cow??

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:

I think you mean that as long as the cultural issues DO coincide with Islam then its ok, if they go against it then its not ok. Demanding a flat/villa and heaps of money does not coincide with Islam. [/QB]

No once again I didn't say that. I was very clear on what I said regarding culture verse Islam customary issues.

Secondly, where in Islaam is it forbidden to ask for a flat/villa and heaps of money? I would put my life on the line in saying that you will not be able to prove that statement forsure!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your comments and others like you leads one to question something.

You talk about a man paying for a woman or a woman selling herself. Okay, so after married when a man is providing for his wife financially do you still consider him paying for the cow and the milk i.e. sexual favors for monthly financial services rendered? [/QB]

if you look back you will see it was me that said its all a joint thing. It is you that is referring to cows and milk sands. Marriage that is not a joint thing is legal prostitution isnt it? If you 'bought' your wife then you are assuming you can have 'milk' free whenever you want it, isnt that the same as saying you pay for those services by 'providing' for her?
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:

You have also said that you did buy the cow and now get all your milk for free, which is not 'free' if you had to buy the cow to get the milk is it? [Wink]

Does your wife know you refer to her as a cow?? [/QB]

No one again I didn't say I brought the cow. What I did say was:

quote:
I get all the milk I want now, whenever I want it!
You took that as meaning that I brought a cow or my wife is a cow. That's your problem.

Would it matter if my wife or you knew I referred to her as a cow? It is a western phrases and I am sure many women and men here have been either getting free milk (before) buying the cow or given free milk..LOL

If the shoe fits wear it!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com