EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider?
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider?

What are you expectations when it comes to "providing" for the family?

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No i wouldnt marry a man who is not capable to provide his wife and kids in future.No...not because i am selfish bitch or something...i can take care of myself good enough,i wont be missing anything i need...but i cant respect him as man if he cant provide me and our kids..its just not what i need and i would accept this kind of man for father of my kids!Call me as you like..but my answer is NO way!The man must be a man for me if he wants my respect and love!Otherwise..i would never divorce if my husband fail or something..we would fight together..ya3ny i am not greedy or something.but i need MAN not a babyboy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the main provider for the time and it does not bother me at all. Even though my husband had a great job in Egypt that paid well, he has to go to school for 3 more years to be able to do here what he did there. He's not sure he even wants the same career. He had a great job now with great benefits for him and the rest of our family. As long as he's happy so am i.
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i would, iff i love him, i can give up all for him, and i did, but our love is stronger everyday, and were struggling, but were so strong together and as long as im with him, then i dont care.
I just have to look to him and i know i made the right choice for my life, money or no money.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I would also isn't love more important than money anyway

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FOCK NO!

If he can't love/respect himself he couldn't love you either.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, love is not more important than money. Maybe to giddy teenagers but not to grown people who have bills to pay. At this point in my life I'd take money over love, no question.

quote:
Originally posted by ky_sunshine:
Yes I would also isn't love more important than money anyway

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he is just not capable to provide at the moment (for a good reason) and I could see his potential to do it in the future - I would have no problem with this but would wait with the wedding until he can do it ... But not forever [Smile]

I think that not being able to provide for his family is eating away man's self-respect and may sooner or later affect other personality traits ...

I would not mind, though, lowering my standard for the man I loved. But again, not forever [Smile]

Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No!
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on why he can't be the main provider. If it's mainly due to a lack of interest and laziness on his part, why in the heck am I even in a relationship with him in the first place????? I would be attracted to someone with the same values, work ethics, and similar beliefs about life as me & anyone who doesn't have dreams and goals would not be someone I'd want to marry.

Now if he's got a disability but provides for me in every other way, I would probably marry him because it's not all about the money. There's a difference between "I can't" and "I won't" and if he's not be main provider because he "won't", then I'd have to kick him to the curb. [Smile]

Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There's a difference between "I can't" and "I won't" and if he's not be main provider because he "won't", then I'd have to kick him to the curb.
Well said!
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with this - if he can't now but can in the near future than yes i would marry him because that is part f building the future together... However if he won't or never can then i am afraid i would have to say adios amigo [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinema man sharm
Member # 14771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinema man sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear friends

money is money

it,s not important whom will pay
it,s important if he / she deserve the help or not . money ease come & very ease to go .
if you rich today & 2 morrow may be you will be poor .......

it,s depend of whom you will give

god bless your life
bye

--------------------
love & peace

Posts: 3 | From: egypt / sharm | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As man is a head of family, so that is his responsibilty to provide his family. But cause he doesn't want me to work in Cairo, I have no idea if I can help him in financial. [Frown] . He has been thinking about it vvvvvv a lot even what will happen with me if he died!
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guess Who
Member # 14781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guess Who         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yorkshire Rose really left everything....
After taking a lot off money from her ex, to pay her ticket and pocket money. I'll bet she payed for the wedding from her ex's money.
THIEF

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Guess Who:

Another coward.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been well able to provide for myself until now, so it wouldn't make any sense for me to judge a man in terms of his income.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guess Who
Member # 14781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guess Who         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coward??????

Who?
Yeah, Yorkshire is.
She refuse to finish her paperwork and Pay Him Back!!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was guessing who you are. Lol.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clap for the wolfman.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vader, there is nothing cowardly about changing your name on here, personally I think it is more sensible given the types of things that happen to people on here, people try and gather information on members only to throw it back at them at a later date, or even humiliate them if you are really lucky, so by all means keep yours but I will probably continue to change mine on a regular basis, who knows, maybe next time I will be leito ette [Big Grin]
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
It's cowardly if you do it to attack someone else.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEuzNCskW_I&feature=related

Nice song.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
registering new nick name to just post some thing is

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Some Folks Are Wise Some Other Wise:
registering new nick name to just post some thing is

UNDUN.
Thankfully we have NO TIME for this. SOME GIRLS -STRAIGHTEN OUT.

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:

Well grown ups shouldn't be doing that anyway. To disagree with what someone does doesn't have to be an attack
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs:
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:

Well grown ups shouldn't be doing that anyway. To disagree with what someone does doesn't have to be an attack
Guess that Guess who is the revengious ex.
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
????? - You could be right there, certainly sounds very angry
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Why is he referring to himself as a third person then ?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Sometimes love is a loaded gun.

--------------------

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
perhaps its in a descriptive sense? or maybe he has a split personality? maybe at night he is called Debbie?
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Lol @ split personality.
Guess Who
Member # 14781

Rate Member
You sad people...

I am NOT the ex.
Yorkshire Rose only have too sign a paper and i'll leave her alone.
Her ex also wants to go on with his live, like she did.
Stupid woman allready got married and left her ex broke.
It's not really about the money she stole from him.
But really she left a mess, all she have to do is clean it up.
Sign the papers Yorksire Rose...!!!!!

An Angry Friend...

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs:
perhaps its in a descriptive sense? or maybe he has a split personality? maybe at night he is called Debbie?

And wears her favourite baby-doll. There he sits, staring in the dark, dark night, remembering, how it once was before.
And all he can think is Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone).... [Razz]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Guess Who:

Ever heard of threatening ? You're failing at it. Lol.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
You sad people...

I am NOT the ex.

An Angry Friend...

Guess Guess Who has a problem....And do you think writing this message on a public board shall make her do what she has refused to do untill now? Why should she? Most people have no idea who YR is, it's an anynomous nick she is using like Guess Who also is...
You're only making yourself look more frustrated...

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
ok, pang of conscience...what if this man (lets call him Debbie [Wink] ) is the victim here? he certainly seems to know alot about YR and he seems a little annoyed, its not her new husband is it?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
He very well can be a victim, but that doesn't change the fact that publishing revengious feelings on a public board, won't help her sign the papers.
I'm afraid the legal way also is kind of an impossibility, because he has to deal with international laws, and the eagerness from the Egyptian gouvernment to get something done by a foreigner in Egypt, married to an Egyptian, guess that will become an endless story.
Probably he doesn't even know where she is...
And yes, sad story, but her ex has been here before, and it seems that she has her reasons to not make clear where she is.
What you want to do about it? Believe a one-side story and stand by one of them?
Every story has two sides, and in this case it's privacy, it's between the two of them together.
Escapes like making details public on a open messageboards are acts of despair.
Let him solve his own problems, it's a grown man, capable enough to marry, and surely he has to be capable enough to get a devorce when he wants.
It's not about the money, he states, but about the mess she left behind. Maybe she had her own reasons to leave him in a mess.Maybe he deserved to be left in a mess. Maybe she is the wrong one in this. I don't know and I don't wanna know.

--------------------

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
well that told me..lol
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Something fun inbetween:
I was listening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRc3G06-Fs0&feature=related.
My son comes down and askes: Are you gonna slaughter a sheep? [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topic: Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider?

Okay people something interesting to the topic. I watched last night a documentary about exactly this subject.

They showed several women pics of men with name, age and profession. It was funny to that the higher the status of a professional was the more he became interesting for the ladies.

A doctor explained this fact as follows: You know when our ancestors still lived in caves women would go for men with the most strongest qualities like power, status and the best ability to provide for a woman and future offspring.

I guess nothing much changed since then! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I think it also depends on the age of the woman. The younger she is, the less value she gives to qualities like being able to provide a family. By growing older and getting more life-expierences she knows how important this could be. Profession isn't an issue when you're 20, we are satisfied with having a job, and don't look to into the future concerning that job.
But 10 years later we know that that georgious looking man working at the factory would stay this way forever, and it means a certain way of life!

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You sad people...

I am NOT the ex.

An Angry Friend...

Possibly ex's new gf?? [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Talking to himself... [Razz]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yorkshire Rose ..... don't sign the papers!!

Let's see how the story will develop! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Islam a man is the main provider and he takes care of everything. This is his duty and responsibility.

They are brought up to be masculine, to be providers, and problem solvers.

The Muslim woman is pretty much like a princess.

If she makes her own money, she may share if she wants, but she doesn't have to.

There are some Muslim men who would never allow a woman to pay for anything.

Even if they need a loan or something they would rather borrow from a male friend rather than a female.

( Maybe in some very extreme situations but they would look forward to compensate you back asap )

Most Muslim men feel emasculated & 'humiliated' when they are "unable" to provide.

When they provide they feel good.

When they can't provide they feel uncomfortable.

So it's good to give a Muslim man opportunity to feel good and be provider.

I think what people hate the most is having too high expectations from provider ( or unrealistic expectations ) and no appreciation for what's already given.

So I think as long as it's appreciated he will be happy to give and work for you.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lovingmylife, does that apply only to muslim women? watever nationality ? or does it apply to foreign non muslim women as well?
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Topic: Would you marry a man even if he is not capable of being main provider?

Okay people something interesting to the topic. I watched last night a documentary about exactly this subject.

They showed several women pics of men with name, age and profession. It was funny to that the higher the status of a professional was the more he became interesting for the ladies.

A doctor explained this fact as follows: You know when our ancestors still lived in caves women would go for men with the most strongest qualities like power, status and the best ability to provide for a woman and future offspring.

I guess nothing much changed since then! [Smile]

Never mind the fact that the species of human that existed in those caves are not the same species we are now. Nor do our social organization lineage even progress from caves. What a load of bullocks!

No either a guy can be a equal match or he will be a drain to your resources.

Its rather easy for guys in this world, no matter the culture to achieve their goals. If he doesn't have any goals then he won't have any character or anything to offer.

Guys between the ages 22-38 can accomplish what they want without even having to put alot of energy into it.

Gals in the same group are not as easily accepted, gals after they turn 40 or so have the ability to command others around them to get the heck out of their way and not obstruct them from their goals. Its not that younger women don't have goals is that society doesn't want gals under 40 to accomplish non-maternal goals. That is part of our evolution.

Not that younger women don't have goals outside of marriage and reproduction, its just not encouraged.

For any gal with non-maternal goals who actually dates, its a well known fact that guys who haven't accomplished anything or set goals will hamper her ability to work toward those goals.

Not necessarily a pursuit for an easier life materially, its a pursuit of a gal's goals unhampered.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pay much in this house so why the hell he will get all and me nothing,
my name is on that house and until he will be fair then im not going to sign the papers.
im no thief, i worked damed hard for that house as well, hes just the one who wants the lot.
Dream on.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy in love
Member # 12547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well guys i think guess who is a coward and troll because if he or she realy not coward would realy said who the hell he\she is.
and i just want to let all people here know iam yorkshire`s husband and i swear with holy bible that me and my family that we pay every thing for this wedding no one else and i dont care if some people will belive or not but i just say the truth here.

Posts: 205 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com