EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian Love (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Egyptian Love
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for the interested here is what I found about Egyptians and Agnosticism/Atheism, same source as above.

Atheism and agnosticism

There are Egyptians who identify as atheist and agnostic, but their numbers are unknown as openly advocating such positions risks legal sanction on the basis of apostasy (this occurs only if a citizen takes the step of suing the person engaging in apostacy, not automatically by the general prosecutor). In 2000, an openly atheist Egyptian writer, who called for the establishment of a local association for atheists, was tried on charges of insulting Islam in four of his books.

[I realize that I just hijacked the 'Egyptian Love' thread! OOPS!!My justification is: got intrigued by the term Agnostic in habeeby's posts. Hoping to be forgiven [Wink] ]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almaz you have totally confused me now - i don't know what i am anymore????? To clarify you can call me what you like but i am a non-practicing beiever but who i believe is in another matter - call them God, Allah, Jehovah, Mohammad but what i believe in is a higher being who see's all that we do and judges us when we pass over to the other side. Therefore i live my life by certain principles and hope that when i am called my life will have been a good one and i will not be punished. However, it is not just about being judged it is about living my life with vlues and principles that i feel comfortable with. [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dahlia
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Dahlia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Black Dahlia can you please translate maferig, emir aswad, i am an ignorant english woman "

emir aswad - like black prince
maferig - a mans name from an old funny movie, where the man has not got much money and his friends suddenly see it comes from nowhere

Posts: 160 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dahlia
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Dahlia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is not saying he is Maferig, but thats most likely how his "friends" see him. they will all want to know him, know what his secret is to being able to bag an english woman, and share in his "success"
Most of us foreign wives will have some experience of these "friends". the ones who "like" us so much regardless of us being culturally different. and why? because the man is suddenly seen as a cash machine for the unfortunate souls who so far have not been so lucky, and he is supposed to share some of his good fortune with those who still wait.
Some people have this way as a career.
I think what everyone tried to say is simply be careful, take your time, and hope luck is on your side. especially as you have not actually lived there and experienced how things really go.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
Almaz you have totally confused me now - i don't know what i am anymore????? To clarify you can call me what you like but i am a non-practicing beiever but who i believe is in another matter - call them God, Allah, Jehovah, Mohammad but what i believe in is a higher being who see's all that we do and judges us when we pass over to the other side. Therefore i live my life by certain principles and hope that when i am called my life will have been a good one and i will not be punished. However, it is not just about being judged it is about living my life with vlues and principles that i feel comfortable with. [Smile]

[Wink] it was confusing lol I got intrigued by the difference between agnostic and atheist...
Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Dahlia:

maferig - a mans name from an old funny movie, where the man has not got much money and his friends suddenly see it comes from nowhere

Which movie ?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lion King Part 3 the return

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ hardy har har,
yes I'm sure maferig was in Lion King. [Razz]
[Big Grin] Maferig (aka simba) comes back with bling.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Dahlia i disagree with this because when i travel to Egypt i pay for my flight and i do not take cash because i have my debit card in case of emergencies. He pays for my accommodation, food, drink, everything by his insistence. When his friends join us sometimes they pay sometimes he pays. I do not spend a penny when i am in Egypt other than when i return home i buy gifts at the duty free shop in the airport to take back [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

^^ investment?
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Well i thank God he is a physiotherapist and not an accountatn because he has made a poor investment in me - i spend as quick as i earn, clothes, shoes, bags, holidays, etc he will never have any money if he chooses to be with me ha ha [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com