EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian Love (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Egyptian Love
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esso7 he says thank you for saying that he is very clever he takes this as a compliment [Big Grin]
he has a sister who is a Doctor and a brother who is a lawyer so i do not think he is from a bad background. As for "accompanying me, going to goodpaces" i accompany him and he pays!!!! [Razz] When we go out i am usually in the company of his friends who are mostly intelligent professional people and a few who are from "the lowest level in egyptian society" they are good people with a clear heart which is more important to me than pretentiouse upper level of egyptian society. Thank you for your advice and i wil keep it in mind while i am lying by the pool watching him run around after me like i am some sort of princess [Cool]

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josette??? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny my comments about Egyptian women were insulting and uncalled for and i have apologised to everybody for that - i will apologise again - Sooo Sorry. Yes i do have little understanding of his cuture but because i wish to try to make a reationship with this man i am trying to be open to learning about his culture and accept some - not all - of his beliefs. My daughter has met this man and they get on very well in fact in some ways he is a better Father to her than her own Father. If my daughter had not wanted to accept this man he would have been gone from my ife in a flash as she is the most important thing in my life. And yes i am aware that although he speaks perfect Engish he may not understand everything i say but that is also true of English men - women are from venus, men are from mars!!! But due to the language and cultural differences i think that we both put more effort into communicating in order that we can try to understand each other we might not always agree with each other but at least if we have some degree of understanding it helps make a better relationship surely??????
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habeeby wish u the best ,i asorry to say that abt him before understanding the whole siuation , i wish u best of the best ,so ami invited 4 ur marriage hehe ,but anyway there are many cases that failed a european lady in egypt faling in loe thats why i advise u ,ihope u would be lever than him

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Thank you Esso7 for your good wishes and yes u are invited for my marriage!!!! I am aware that there are many Egyptian men who play with the feelings of European women i have seen this myself when i have been there and i feel that it is very sad when this happens. But believe me i am not a naive woman and i do give this man a hard time or as he likes to call it 'the spicy in life' but this is my way of continually testing him so that i can see his reactions. I can tell you he will not have an easy life with me and i think that he may be the one regretting that he ever met me. [Wink]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

I have just been thinking maybe it is a family trait - i have 1 sister married to Spanish, 1 sister married to Italian, 1 cousin married to Jamaican and my best friend is married to Pakistani when we get together it will be like united nations ha ha
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair Habeeby didn't come on here for advice, just to tell her story. Everyone can give they're advice but at the end of the day she knows what's right for her.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
To be fair Habeeby didn't come on here for advice, just to tell her story. Everyone can give they're advice but at the end of the day she knows what's right for her.

Maybe but its a public discussion board, and when good old UK is expected to issue another VISA to yet another Gigalo then its not just about what's right for her. As someone pointed out there aren't jobs available in the NHS, even our doctors can't get positions.
And please don't say oh he's not a gigalo because any Egyptian man that has his hands all over women for his job is 100% a gigalo by EG standards, especially when he has the chance of other respectful employment. The fact he is lying to his family says it all.

I agree here relationship is her own business but please do we have to have these types imported the UK as a right for these ladies.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny, it's not for me to comment on what I think. I do think he's wrong lying to his family I have to say. Visas are not handed out ten a penny, so if it happens for her it will.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Ohhhhhhhh pun wasn't intended [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lying to his family about what?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I think about his job in Sharm.
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habeeby its not bt being its abt when u r in love u ue ur feelings more than mind ,some of these women r very smart but in love things differ

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Lying to his family about what?

He is lying to his family that he working as a physio in Sharm when he is working as a massure. He is also lying to his girlfiend that he can pick and choose his clients in the hotel he works for in that he only needs to deal with the medical cases.
Many of the better hotels in Sharm will only employ foreigners to work in their Spa's for the very reason that its against a Muslim man's religion to be touching a woman. Those hotels that employ Egyptians for such duties are the middle of the road ones that can't afford European/forign staff and they certainly aren't going to allow an Egyptian to pick and choose his clients. He said himself he chooses to work in Sharm for the money...that money comes from the tips...not the salary.

Fact.....Massure in Sharm = Gigalo=lowest of the low. What was ????? expresion the other day BMID yes a bad case of BMID

And to Young at Heart you are allowed an opinion, this is an open forum. Honesty may hurt sometimes but better that than turning a blind eye.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ ohhh I totally missed that...gulp. Not good I must admit. Gosh, some men will lie about things so easily. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think no one has the right to judge her boyfriend because of his profession due to religious reasons. People are needed for this job, the market is out there and since unemployment is high in Egypt he can call himself lucky to be employed by the hotel. Not every masseur is a cheater just like not every doctor is having an affair with the nurse. [Confused]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Hmmm not sure if I completely agree with you TL. It might matter...it would matter to me.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mwah....
A woman who has time and money to get to Egypt on holiday 5 times in 8 months in common will not be young. Young women have a job, and not enough money.
A massure in a hotel in the Red Sea area....mwah... I've happened to meet some... as soon as I tried to step one foot outside of my room, he was there. Pushing me to get a massage, even for free. Pushing me to go out with him.
Try to seek for contact all the time.
Another one just got a new (Russian) girlfriend, but didn't pay much attention to her, because I seemed to be more interesting.
I didn't know about their reputations at that time, now they don't get even the chance to bother me.
For what Habeeby told about her friend, they way they live, the way he acts, I 'wouldn't give him the benefit of doubts.
The combination habeeby and that massure IMO is a classic, including the "But I am different"-novel he tells her.
But, Habeeby is heavily in love, infected with the BMID-syndrome, and she wouldn't even think about what we are saying. She thinks she is clever enough by making 'tests' for him.
Everybody around is bad, except this Egyptian massure.
Sure.
Habeeby, enjoy your time with him, and don't invest to many emotions (and money!!!).
I don't know your massure, and you seem to be pretty convinced about his sincerity.
Enjoy it for the time being, wait, see and think.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I think no one has the right to judge her boyfriend because of his profession due to religious reasons. People are needed for this job, the market is out there and since unemployment is high in Egypt he can call himself lucky to be employed by the hotel. Not every masseur is a cheater just like not every doctor is having an affair with the nurse. [Confused]

TL I am not judging his 'profession' because of religious resons, in fact I am not judging him but just stating facts. This is not an acceptable 'profession' in Egypt and you have to look at it from an Egyptian cultural perspective and not a European one. Why do you think all the good hotels employ foreigners for this work. I used to know 2 Germans that came and worked in a 5* hotel for a season and many philipinos come as well as they have great skills in this work.
Zaza
Member # 14378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby,

I have lived in Sharm for well over a year and am actually moving to Cairo because of the way Sharm and other tourist places have become. Unlike you, I love Cairo with the true Egyptian coulture, the real people and there is so much more to do and see which these tourist site completely lack. Sharm is not real Egypt.....

I know Delta Sharm, never stayed there and would never want to, it is full of Egyptian guys with Older foreign women either taking their money or want the Visa. I am not being harsh here but please be careful as I have seen so many women hurt by the playboys of Sharm.

Please do not underestimate Egyptian women or insult them (I have many as really good friends) and the truth is they laugh at women like you....

Posts: 7 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
TL I am not judging his 'profession' because of religious resons, in fact I am not judging him but just stating facts. This is not an acceptable 'profession' in Egypt and you have to look at it from an Egyptian cultural perspective and not a European one. Why do you think all the good hotels employ foreigners for this work. I used to know 2 Germans that came and worked in a 5* hotel for a season and many philipinos come as well as they have great skills in this work.

Because with a foreigner the hotel can charge way more for the service?

A foreigner means or at least supposed to mean 'great qualifications', it's a status symbol and many Egyptians still have this inferior complex and believe that everything what is non-Egyptian must be automatically better.

You must remember for every foreigner which gets employed one Egyptian is more unemployed.

And as I stated above I don't judge people by what they are professionally doing is 'haram' (since I am not a Muslim myself) but I think that he's owning his money in a respectful way in a profession which is worldwide practised. Hence after all he is not sitting in a shisha cafe all day and playing tawla so he is not lazy! [Wink]

When I hear that a man works as a masseur it's normal for me, I think about relaxation. Dirty thoughts and thoughts of cheating don't occur to me. A woman who constantly throws jealousy fits because of the job her man is performing is definitely not the right wife for him.

And just to make it clear one more time: Any man can cheat regardless of his profession.

Now no one knows habeeby's boyfriend in person and I can't commend on the other things she posted about him but I do wish her and him well and hopefully the future holds only the best for both of them (now habeeby don't complain we didn't warn you! [Wink] )

Ah live and let live.

Oh now I am waiting for some woman other than habeeby to show up on this forum who claims to know him much better!! [Razz]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything Penny has said here, has made a lot of sense!

The thing that made me wonder about this man, was the dancing with other men, and him not being concerned! Come on, how many other 'genuine' Egyptian men can you see having this mentality, when all his family and friends are around them!

And yes Zaza, I can see why Egyptian women would laugh at women like this. How sad is that? [Frown]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habeeby ...... i have been having the similar thoughts as you, and to a certain extent have had the same luck with english men, i have now met a fella in Hurghada and he is like your fella a great one and has many sweet words. I have been told by friends to avoid like the plague and like others on here to be very cautious, All i can say to all that you read, you have to have the bad proved to you or you will carry on loving him, I do hope that all works for you and hope you keep in touch thoughout your relationship. I would love to keep in touch and let you know how mine goes. my egyptian fella works in a health club and does massage, he is gorgeous and is alot younger than me... can you tell me your ages. I do have many Muslim friends here in the uk who do say the younger they are or the older you are is a bad sign.... i am taking things slow and we will see what happens, but it is hard to take on board the negative views from people who have had bad experiences already..... Im sure we will see sooner or later.... After all there are good and bad all over the world so how come egyptian men are the worse or so they say....
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives
Member # 14207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habeeby, me and my wife write this together. we have been in similar situation a long time ago - and I was judged - but I was not masseur! No way! I worked as diving professional and when I had any female student I asked someone else to check her equipment on her body and never took females alone.
Having a foreign wife, these were my rules....NEVER will I allow her to dance with men. That is wrong and makes us both look stupid. I will get a bad reputation from this. I dont even allow her to sit in back of taxi so driver can see her in mirror. NEVER would I stay with her until we were legally married. NEVER would my family allow this in their house. NEVER would my wife be seen swimming without full clothes. NEVER does my wife sit with males alone, or when they come to our house. NEVER does she go to shops alone. But this is not just my demand. She is also muslim, before we married, and so feels very comfortable with all these things. They are also her wishes, and these things are important to our culture. She lived in Egypt a long time and behaved herself. Many Egyptian men told me they had greatest respect for her.
Now, I know many of the men are out for all they can get - I am Egyptian, and they feel they can share their secrets with me. One way to tell a genuine one is by his behaviour and what he finds acceptable or not acceptable for his wife to do.
Lucky for my wife I was genuine ! Yes there are some ! and we have had a lot of very happy years together Al Hamdullilah there are many more to come. One way to tell if it is genuine - it is very important for us to have a proper marriage day. Everyone is told and there is a big party for relations and friends. And to give her gold. If the man does not want to do this marriage and party it is strange.
We hope your man is a good one and you live a happy life with him . It is possible, but even I have problems finding who to trust. Now I live in UK they even con me back in the dear old country!

Posts: 98 | From: Firmly On The Ground | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Sorry but I've stayed in Delta and not seen it full of older western women with young Egyptians.Just a mixture of all nationalities, including lots of Egyptian families.
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily, sorry I don't know your name. Yes I was in Egypt for about 3 weeks. Stayed in Naser city part of the time which I hated and then checked in to my favorite place - The Marriott.
My husband will be coming soon, thank god as I am disliking Egypt more and more.

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby, You may have found the man of your dreams but he could also turn out to be the man of your nightmare! [Eek!]

I say this as someone who is happily married for 12 years to an Egyptain man. He really is my life and i am his. For us things have worked out really well and we have 3 beauiful children. [Smile] However i have heard so many horror stories it just makes me sad. I know 5 other women who all met their husbands in Sharm, 3 came to the uk and once the 2 years were up they were gone..... leaving them in debt and broken hearted. the other 2 were denied their visas and were off. I don't mean to sound rude but ALL of these men were alot younger than their wives 10, 15 or even 20 years. They all told these women they don't kids (knowing these women were either to old or already had grown up kids) when they left they either met young women or went back to Egypt and got a young bride and brought her back!! I am not saying your relationship cannot work but i have yet to see it.

Why don't you live in egypt for awhile? Cairo is fantastic, it has such a wonderful atmosphere. My friend is heading to sharm in Dec and i have told her to tell any man that she is intending to live forever there and she is looking for work as she has no money - 99% of them will run! [Big Grin] You may think you have tested him but believe me they are clever.

We may be all wrong and he may be wonderful but please be aware what is going there.

The 'dancing thing' with other men really for sure is not a good sign. My hubby is totally relaxed and easy going but in Egypt that is a real bad thing. As is shows a lack respect for him if you are his love and people around watching would not have respected you. My hubby would never want anyone to think bad of me! That really did it for me, sounds like he sees you as 'abit of fun' to everyone around. Sorry. [Frown]

Take care [Smile]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
I met my Egyptian Soulmate in March - he is the most perfect man i have ever met, sometimes i think too good to be true!!! Anyway i have returned to Egypt 5 times this year (can't get enough of his sweet words) i a now making plans to marry him in February. I can honestly say that i would never even consider an English man again - thumbs up to Arabian Princes

So much has been said here so far...
Habeeby, is it LOVE or INFATUATION?
You will do what you want.
If a man (Egyptian, British, Russian, ...) wants to cheat, he will. Even five minutes is enough (hehe [Big Grin] )
I may be wrong, but an Egyptian masseur in Sharm or Hurghada ... - high risk factor. [Cool]
But it's up to you...

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

i think i should tell you in respect of the age difference we are not talking 10 or 15 years we are talking 7 years, in respect of the dancing with egyptian men these were his friends and family people that he trusts with his life so it follows that he trusts them with his woman and they are also very good friends of mine, i would never dance with men i did not know as this would be disrespectful to him. I am not a muslim woman i am a christian and if he did not try to understand my culture as i try to understand his he would be history, in respect of the choosing his clients i have been to work with him many times and i know that this is fact unfortunatelly i also know that some women do slip through and proposition him but he deals with this professionally usually introducing them to me as his wife and they are embarassed and cease to proposition him. I also think tht you are being very unfair to his profession he is a very skilled man who chooses to make medical massage because he likes to help people who have medical problems. Yes i know that there are many gigolos in this profession and i know some of them who work in the same health club, the masseurs scold them and tell them that they give their work a bad reputation. My feelings are that if a woman wants to pay for 'special massage' and she knows that is what she is getting and not love then that is her business. My marriage is being planned at the moment by both my family and his, it will be a 'proper marriage' with many of his friends and family and some of my friends and family. I wil then have a secnd marriage in England due to some of my family and friends being unable to travel to Alexandria. By the way i love staying in Deta Sharm it is a 5*complex were many Egyptian and European people stay of all ages and many famillies with children it is not full of older women with younger Egyptian men. I choose to stay there because i have many friends who live their (Egyptian men with European wives mostly similar ages), these are happily married people with children who we socialise with on a regular basis. I am grateful that they cannot see your comments, i think that they would be insulted! Finally why do i have to justify having 5 holidays in 1 year i work very hard in a very stressfull profession and therefore i think that i can have as many holidays as i can afford.
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
good luck ,hoping thismarriage would be a successful one

--------------------
islam

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby,

Wish you luck. It's your life - you know what's best for you.

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Thanks you sinical lot!!!!! I will invite you to my silver wedding anniversary celebrations hee hee
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Not cynical [Frown] - sincere [Smile]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

No seriously thanks for your sincere advice [Smile]
I know how it looks from the other side i have said to myself many times what advice would i give my best friend if she was in my situation and the answer is BEWARE!!! But only the person involved in the relationship can really know if the relationship is worth working at and that's what any relationship is 'hard work', especially when two different cultures come together. There will always be good times and bad times but if both people are supporting each other through this they can get through the bad times and smile together at the good times. Life is short and people should grab any piece of happiness they can find with both hands and cling on tightly, regrets are no good to anybody!!!

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
No seriously thanks for your sincere advice [Smile]
I know how it looks from the other side i have said to myself many times what advice would i give my best friend if she was in my situation and the answer is BEWARE!!! But only the person involved in the relationship can really know if the relationship is worth working at and that's what any relationship is 'hard work', especially when two different cultures come together. There will always be good times and bad times but if both people are supporting each other through this they can get through the bad times and smile together at the good times. Life is short and people should grab any piece of happiness they can find with both hands and cling on tightly, regrets are no good to anybody!!!

[Smile] Exactly. People here said this or that - but, I think, we all CARE what will happen to you. [Smile]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

I think this topic has been completely exhausted for the time being... But i will keep you all posted in respect of future events - marriage, visa, work, children, etc... Thanks for the advice/concern both positive and negative and i will ponder it between now and my wedding day, god willing...
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bitch dissing egyptian women like she is all better than them, honey if u get dissed i will not feel sorry for you....
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Yes, yes... That's the most frequent question these men ask, "WHEN WILL YOU COME, LOVE?" [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

I thought it was " I'M COMING BIATCH!" [Big Grin]
Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives:
I dont even allow her to sit in back of taxi so driver can see her in mirror.

If you both agreed on certain things incl. that she would not go shopping by herself etc. it's your business.

But may I ask about the situation in the taxi? Where is she supposed to sit then? Next to the cab driver or on the roof of the car (sorry lame joke I know)! Seriously I learned from the very beginning ONLY to sit in the back of the car.

Have a good day!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by bettyN:
Tigerlily, sorry I don't know your name. Yes I was in Egypt for about 3 weeks. Stayed in Naser city part of the time which I hated and then checked in to my favorite place - The Marriott.
My husband will be coming soon, thank god as I am disliking Egypt more and more.

Tigerlily is fine! [Wink]

Sorry that your visit didn't work out so well and you were forced to move into a hotel. What happened, you just didn't like Nasr City?

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have to justify being able to go on holidays 5 times in 8 months. It is said because IMO it is saying something about the person you are.
When ppl are in regular jobs, they don't have that much free days. Besides that, they couldn't effort it. It is a economical class indicator!
You state to have been working hard to reach this all.
All I'm saying is be sure that all what you have been reached by yourself, stays by yourself.
These men are not dumb, habeeby.
It is very well possible that they see you as a very rich fish, they've caught.
And indeed there are families that are having no problems at all to play the game with him.
All you have seen untill now is the sight in front of the curtains. You need to know what's behind this.
Five holidays in Sharm are not enough to know what man he is. Go and live in Cairo for a while, to know his family better. Don't take every answer as a truth.
Just like I said: Wait, listen and see for yourself.
Try to find Egyptians outside the touristic area's who are reliable and talk to them, to know what is considered as normal and what isn't.
I think you have a lot to learn before taking such a step...
It's your life, and you are free to do what you want. But all these advices are to be carefull.
Why would people say such a thing???
Not because they dislike Egyptians, but because they know the culture, and they know what happens!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But may I ask about the situation in the taxi? Where is she supposed to sit then? Next to the cab driver or on the roof of the car (sorry lame joke I know)! Seriously I learned from the very beginning ONLY to sit in the back of the car.

Have a good day! [/QB]

On the roof of the car?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] LOL
I was told the same by an Egyptian; always sit in the back of the car. But I did not listen to his advice; I wanted to be prepared for the worst and judge the driving-skills of taxi-drivers myself. [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
You don't have to justify being able to go on holidays 5 times in 8 months. It is said because IMO it is saying something about the person you are.
When ppl are in regular jobs, they don't have that much free days. Besides that, they couldn't effort it. It is a economical class indicator!

Just have to comment on that notion:

Everyone in the UK is BY LAW required to have 20 days holidays a year (including the public holidays) and from sometime now (either now or soon) they will have the public holidays on top of that ie 28 days holidays. In many jobs in the UK, you will have 30-40 days holidays (which includes 8 days of public holidays) so you could easily have a full time job and take 5 holidays a year if they are 1 week at a time. If you can take short notice holidays, then you could do it quite cheaply.
You cannot make any assumptions about any UK-based person's wealth or work based on holidays.
Didn't check where Habiby is from but I think its the UK

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and don't forget some professions (like teachers) have MORE holidays... like 3 and a half months a year... That's why all people hate them. [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:

Everyone in the UK is BY LAW required to have 20 days holidays a year (including the public holidays) and from sometime now (either now or soon) they will have the public holidays on top of that ie 28 days holidays. In many jobs in the UK, you will have 30-40 days holidays (which includes 8 days of public holidays) so you could easily have a full time job and take 5 holidays a year if they are 1 week at a time. If you can take short notice holidays, then you could do it quite cheaply.
You cannot make any assumptions about any UK-based person's wealth or work based on holidays.

5 public holidays between March and November???
Think I'm going to immigrate...lol
Serious, public holidays also are expensive holidays. Ticketprices are at least twice as much. But I think it has no use to filter details out.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My estimate is 3 months for this one to bite the dust.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
i think i should tell you in respect of the age difference we are not talking 10 or 15 years we are talking 7 years, in respect of the dancing with egyptian men these were his friends and family people that he trusts with his life so it follows that he trusts them with his woman and they are also very good friends of mine, i would never dance with men i did not know as this would be disrespectful to him. I am not a muslim woman i am a christian and if he did not try to understand my culture as i try to understand his he would be history, in respect of the choosing his clients i have been to work with him many times and i know that this is fact unfortunatelly i also know that some women do slip through and proposition him but he deals with this professionally usually introducing them to me as his wife and they are embarassed and cease to proposition him. I also think tht you are being very unfair to his profession he is a very skilled man who chooses to make medical massage because he likes to help people who have medical problems. Yes i know that there are many gigolos in this profession and i know some of them who work in the same health club, the masseurs scold them and tell them that they give their work a bad reputation. My feelings are that if a woman wants to pay for 'special massage' and she knows that is what she is getting and not love then that is her business. My marriage is being planned at the moment by both my family and his, it will be a 'proper marriage' with many of his friends and family and some of my friends and family. I wil then have a secnd marriage in England due to some of my family and friends being unable to travel to Alexandria. By the way i love staying in Deta Sharm it is a 5*complex were many Egyptian and European people stay of all ages and many famillies with children it is not full of older women with younger Egyptian men. I choose to stay there because i have many friends who live their (Egyptian men with European wives mostly similar ages), these are happily married people with children who we socialise with on a regular basis. I am grateful that they cannot see your comments, i think that they would be insulted! Finally why do i have to justify having 5 holidays in 1 year i work very hard in a very stressfull profession and therefore i think that i can have as many holidays as i can afford.

7 years difference is not so bad, however; I must admit that everything else doesn't sound promising. I will agree with HunnyBunny, he could be the greatest & so innocent and everyone could be wrong, but the chances of that being so are SO SMALL you have to ask this:
Is what you are willing to risk worth more than you are willing to lose?

Doesn't matter if you danced with his friends, family or anything, especially HIS FRIENDS! A respectable guy would NOT allow that here - generally. Many of the men don't even like their woman to dance in public as it draws the attention and eyes of others and I cannot imagine one saying 'yes, here is my friend, please move your body in rhythm with him and have fun while I watch'. ?? I don't get it. You said it follows that he trusts him...you are projecting your OWN cultural norms onto his...that's how it works in the West maybe, not here at all. You have to deal with him according to his own cultural standards and norms ONLY otherwise he's going to continue to be able to deceive you. That begins with making yourself familiar with what the norms here are. That takes times.

ALSO, I highly recommend finding out what city/village he is from, trying to find someone online from that area and find out as much as you can about his reputation there. Many times these men already have wives there...or just bad reputations in general. You cannot always go on what you feel or see in his family as often times the family can be in on the fact that he is marrying you in order to either obtain a visa or money as they realize they will benefit greatly.

I don't think it's wrong that you travel so often to Egypt, in fact, it's rather good that you are going and see things yourself. I would ask how much he is contributing to your travels, though. Are you visiting his family or just him? How long are you staying? Are you feeling things out from a realistic point of view or just as a tourist?

I agree there are marriages that work and you may have found some that have families and things work well, and yours may be the same. I highly recommend to live in Egypt for a while if possible to get a feel for his culture and his character -- and do NOT get pregnant until you feel you know what you're getting into.
One last thing: what he shows you he does at work might not always be what really happens.

People here are not intentionally trying to trash on him, many of us ended up in a lucky situation with our husbands but there are COUNTLESS stories of women (which seems to be the majority) who were duped who would have 'never imagined/expected' it from their 'Egyptian Prince'. You can usually spot key words, if he says things like:

I can't live without you.
I will not lose you.
I am nothing without you.

These are *usually* not things a serious guy will say (USUALLY, ladies if yours said it please don't attack), as the serious man approaches marriage in a serious way and doesn't treat the relationship as a soap opera. The soap opera guys like to lay it on thick and if he is constantly using romantic words and making you feel dizzy with love, it's not 100% bad but you should encourage him to hold that for when you get married and see what else he has to say.

LAST WORD OF WARNING: if he disses Egyptian woman. Most serious and good men won't do this, others trying to convince you of why they don't want one will not. If he is dissin' Egyptian women in general remember is mother, sister(s), aunt(s) and grandmother(s) are Egyptian, why does he want you to think so badly of the women here if for anything other than his own gain?

Just my opinion. [Wink]
Best of luck.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:

5 public holidays between March and November???
Think I'm going to immigrate...lol
Serious, public holidays also are expensive holidays. Ticketprices are at least twice as much. But I think it has no use to filter details out.

Yes, 2 days at Easter (March/April - varies), 2 days in May and 1 in August. The other 3 are Xmas and New Year. I think in Scotland they get 2 at New Year and don't get August - not sure.

You can get cheap flights all year round if you are in the position of being able to take off at short notice. Some employers allow it - depends on exactly what you do.

I am making the point that in the UK, **no judgement what so ever** can be made about a person's economic situation from the amount of holidays they have.

In fact, in some of the big public sector employers like Local Authorities, employ some of the lowest paid workers in the UK, and have more than 30 days holiday + 8 days public holiday as standard, there is also the possibility of working flexitime in many local authorities which means by working overtime consistently throughout the year, you can end up taking many weeks off. I have one friend who does that all the time, she's in a clock-timed job and by doing 1-2 hours extra on her working days builds up loads of extra days. Also if you work certain types of shifts, you may do 4 days on 4 days off which also allows you with a bit of juggling to get more apparent free time.

And, in fact 2, unless you are a multi-millionaire, you are more likely to have LESS holiday the higher up the tree you are because in many management roles in the UK, your job contract requires you to work the hours that you need to do the job (which can be 24/7) rather than be in a clock-timed job (35-40 hours a week usually).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers wrote:

"LAST WORD OF WARNING: if he disses Egyptian woman. Most serious and good men won't do this, others trying to convince you of why they don't want one will not. If he is dissin' Egyptian women in general remember is mother, sister(s), aunt(s) and grandmother(s) are Egyptian, why does he want you to think so badly of the women here if for anything other than his own gain?"

Because Egyptian women are headaches? I heard that too many times from guys!! [Big Grin]

Then again it's sad that foreign women are many times too flirty!!! [Cool]

I think everyone should go after the person he/she thinks would suit best in life/lifestyle. Unfortunately for many Egyptian men it's not an easy task to do due to traditional customs. Guys are still told by their families to marry a good Muslim woman and stay away from tha khawagas.

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Smuckers wrote:

"LAST WORD OF WARNING: if he disses Egyptian woman. Most serious and good men won't do this, others trying to convince you of why they don't want one will not. If he is dissin' Egyptian women in general remember is mother, sister(s), aunt(s) and grandmother(s) are Egyptian, why does he want you to think so badly of the women here if for anything other than his own gain?"

Because Egyptian women are headaches? I heard that too many times from guys!! [Big Grin]

Then again it's sad that foreign women are many times too flirty!!! [Cool]

I think everyone should go after the person he/she thinks would suit best in life/lifestyle. Unfortunately for many Egyptian men it's not an easy task to do due to traditional customs. Guys are still told by their families to marry a good Muslim woman and stay away from tha khawagas.

Of course Egyptian women are headaches. [Wink]
Many of us know their rights...and demand them lol
Can you imagine the headache this gives to someone who tries to 'escape' from his responsibilities?? [Big Grin]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com