EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian Love (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Egyptian Love
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:
You don't have to justify being able to go on holidays 5 times in 8 months. It is said because IMO it is saying something about the person you are.
When ppl are in regular jobs, they don't have that much free days. Besides that, they couldn't effort it. It is a economical class indicator!

You state to have been working hard to reach this all.

Just have to comment on that notion:

Everyone in the UK is BY LAW required to have 20 days holidays a year (including the public holidays) and from sometime now (either now or soon) they will have the public holidays on top of that ie 28 days holidays. In many jobs in the UK, you will have 30-40 days holidays (which includes 8 days of public holidays) so you could easily have a full time job and take 5 holidays a year if they are 1 week at a time. If you can take short notice holidays, then you could do it quite cheaply.
You cannot make any assumptions about any UK-based person's wealth or work based on holidays.
Didn't check where Habiby is from but I think its the UK

5 public holidays between March and November???
Think I'm going to immigrate...lol
Serious, public holidays also are expensive holidays. Ticketprices are at least twice as much. But I think it has no use to filter details out.

Yes, 2 days at Easter (March/April - varies), 2 days in May and 1 in August. The other 3 are Xmas and New Year. I think in Scotland they get 2 at New Year and don't get August - not sure.

You can get cheap flights all year round if you are in the position of being able to take off at short notice. Some employers allow it - depends on exactly what you do.

I am making the point that in the UK, **no judgement what so ever** can be made about a person's economic situation from the amount of holidays they have.

In fact, in some of the big public sector employers like Local Authorities, employ some of the lowest paid workers in the UK, and have more than 30 days holiday + 8 days public holiday as standard, there is also the possibility of working flexitime in many local authorities which means by working overtime consistently throughout the year, you can end up taking many weeks off. I have one friend who does that all the time, she's in a clock-timed job and by doing 1-2 hours extra on her working days builds up loads of extra days. Also if you work certain types of shifts, you may do 4 days on 4 days off which also allows you with a bit of juggling to get more apparent free time.

And, in fact 2, unless you are a multi-millionaire, you are more likely to have LESS holiday the higher up the tree you are because in many management roles in the UK, your job contract requires you to work the hours that you need to do the job (which can be 24/7) rather than be in a clock-timed job (35-40 hours a week usually).

We have the same. But there are also freelancers who are able to make their own freedays. Or businessowners. Normally people are having 25 free days, and indeed some can work extra hours to get more free time.
But, if you have a child to take care of, schoolholidays take away free days also.
But in fact this all doesn't matter.
In my country a single parent with enough free time and enough money to pay all this, will be at least middleclass.( and rich in the eyes of an Egyptian worker)I understand it doesn't have to be this way in UK?

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily he does not dis Egyptian women he just says that although his family would have preferred Egyptian he does not wish to marry Egyptian as they are 'difficult women' especially taking into account his profession which they would ot accept. I have stayed with his family in Alexandria, where he is from and although his Parents speak little English i manage to communicate with them and it would appear that they do not object to me, of course i modify me my behaviour in order that i do not offend. His sisters speak very good English so i get on quite well with them. By the way i always travel in the front of his car unless we are joined by one of his friends and then i travel in the back. I work for the Local Authority and get 6 weeks holiday per year but i work overtime and accummulate extra hours which i then use for my travels. I first went to Egypt 4 years ago and have travelled there many times since as i love the scuba diving, i have dived in the Maldives and all over the carribean but i find the Red Sa is far more superior. In these 4 years i have never responded to the sweet words or amorouse advances of Egyptian men as i was not looking for a relationship, however i met my fiancee and we were friends for some time before i made the decision to enter into a relationship with him in March. Although he is not a rich man he is not as poor as some are an he contributes to my travels in term of the accommodation and all expenses whilst i am there i just pay for my flight and any diving that i wish to do.
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????? I am middle class [Big Grin] but school holidays do not take away from my free days as i sometimes leave my daughter in the care of her Father whilst i go on my travels. I intent to be in s
Sharm again for xmas and New Year - i hate the English winter [Eek!]

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby, I really don't think you need to defend yourself when it comes to taking holidays etc. (I wish I had a few extra weeks tbh)!! People here just want you to be aware of the pitfalls ahead, maybe things that you haven't thought about! [Wink]

As said before, maybe your fiance is a great and wonderful man - I sincerely hope he is, and I hope you will come back to us after the wedding with good news. Just be careful, and keep aware.

All the best for your future together [Smile]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Thanks soozi [Smile]

I am aware that our life will not be all hearts and flowers and i am sure tht many problems lie ahead even just in terms of cultural differences but i think that we will try and resolve with communication, a little understanding and a large portion of loooooove [Big Grin]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby, I see from your profile you are a SW, in what area do you practice? I'm also a SW

I would have sent you a pm but I see you don't have that facility on your profile

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Smuckers wrote:

"LAST WORD OF WARNING: if he disses Egyptian woman. Most serious and good men won't do this, others trying to convince you of why they don't want one will not. If he is dissin' Egyptian women in general remember is mother, sister(s), aunt(s) and grandmother(s) are Egyptian, why does he want you to think so badly of the women here if for anything other than his own gain?"

Because Egyptian women are headaches? I heard that too many times from guys!! [Big Grin]

Then again it's sad that foreign women are many times too flirty!!! [Cool]

I think everyone should go after the person he/she thinks would suit best in life/lifestyle. Unfortunately for many Egyptian men it's not an easy task to do due to traditional customs. Guys are still told by their families to marry a good Muslim woman and stay away from tha khawagas.

Of course Egyptian women are headaches. [Wink]
Many of us know their rights...and demand them lol
Can you imagine the headache this gives to someone who tries to 'escape' from his responsibilities?? [Big Grin]

Yes that's true, but it's something MORE than that. IMO an Egyptian man that tries to use the 'Egyptian women are headaches' line is merely banking on the hope that the foreign woman has the egotism to actually think, 'oh yes and thank God I am so much better than those women who are so different from me, here let me ride in on my white horse and save you from those evil devil-women, thank GOD YOU FOUND ME!'

No. The truth is that in his culture the way they do things is the norm. It might be difficult and it might be making marriages difficult in a soceity that is as financially troubled as Egypt, but the men know very well that the majority of the time this is for the safety of the women.
If this Egyptian man was honest and sincere he might say something like, 'look, times are tough in my country, marriages are difficult and expensive, I could save my money and wait a while to marry a good Egyptian girl if I wanted to, as there are good and bad in them the same as any woman'. But the fact that some do not, the fact that they immediately say 'look how greedy and evil the women are' is a big red light.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats an SW? [Confused]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Social Worker!! [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Hi Advocate,

I am a child protection S/W so now you understand why i feel the need for so many holidays??? You probably understand more than most the stresses of this chosen career ad the need for escape to keep your sanity!!!!

"Yes that's true, but it's something MORE than that. IMO an Egyptian man that tries to use the 'Egyptian women are headaches' line is merely banking on the hope that the foreign woman has the egotism to actually think, 'oh yes and thank God I am so much better than those women who are so different from me, here let me ride in on my white horse and save you from those evil devil-women, thank GOD YOU FOUND ME!"

No i do not think that i am better than these women in fact i do not think i am better than anybody - just different. I have friends who are married to Egyptian women and they are not'greedy and evil' they just have different expectations. I have noticed though that they are often jealouse (insecure) and this can cause problem for their husbands.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Smuckers wrote:

"LAST WORD OF WARNING: if he disses Egyptian woman. Most serious and good men won't do this, others trying to convince you of why they don't want one will not. If he is dissin' Egyptian women in general remember is mother, sister(s), aunt(s) and grandmother(s) are Egyptian, why does he want you to think so badly of the women here if for anything other than his own gain?"

Because Egyptian women are headaches? I heard that too many times from guys!! [Big Grin]

Then again it's sad that foreign women are many times too flirty!!! [Cool]

I think everyone should go after the person he/she thinks would suit best in life/lifestyle. Unfortunately for many Egyptian men it's not an easy task to do due to traditional customs. Guys are still told by their families to marry a good Muslim woman and stay away from tha khawagas.

Of course Egyptian women are headaches. [Wink]
Many of us know their rights...and demand them lol
Can you imagine the headache this gives to someone who tries to 'escape' from his responsibilities?? [Big Grin]

Yes that's true, but it's something MORE than that. IMO an Egyptian man that tries to use the 'Egyptian women are headaches' line is merely banking on the hope that the foreign woman has the egotism to actually think, 'oh yes and thank God I am so much better than those women who are so different from me, here let me ride in on my white horse and save you from those evil devil-women, thank GOD YOU FOUND ME!'

No. The truth is that in his culture the way they do things is the norm. It might be difficult and it might be making marriages difficult in a soceity that is as financially troubled as Egypt, but the men know very well that the majority of the time this is for the safety of the women.
If this Egyptian man was honest and sincere he might say something like, 'look, times are tough in my country, marriages are difficult and expensive, I could save my money and wait a while to marry a good Egyptian girl if I wanted to, as there are good and bad in them the same as any woman'. But the fact that some do not, the fact that they immediately say 'look how greedy and evil the women are' is a big red light.

That's why I asked to try to find somebody out of his circuit to talk with. Within the circuit they cover each other.
For me personally only by such contacts I was able to see persons and situations in the right perspectives.
And believe me, my view comparised from the view I had 5 years ago, is totally different!
But it isn't that long ago that I also thought knew it all so well...and the biggest mistake from me, was that I believed what had been told to me. A lot was the truth indeed, but the most important was not...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
Social Worker!! [Smile]

Oh, cheers! [Cool]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habeeby, I wasn't talking about you in particular, just generalizing the conversation. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Hi Advocate, which area do you practice in ?
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course some Egyptian women are jealous and insecure...exactly like some Egyptian men and other people in this world!!
Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
CHILD PROTECTION..Senior Prac for my sins, but currently taking some time out to do some supervising foster carers, I miss the adrenalin of CP, so I guess I won't be here long. I am being persuaded to apply to be a GAL as I have done so much Court work. How long have you been qualified?
Habeeby
Member # 14429

5 years, senior prac also. I am looking to leave the L.A. and go to Agency - this will give me as much leave as i want which means that i can have 10 holidays a year instead of 5 ha ha. I am off today- toil and now i am depressed to bits just spoken to my boyfriend who is on the beach in the sun whilst i am in the house, full of cold with the heating on!!!!! I hate this English weather tooooo much [Frown]
ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives
Member # 14207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re Tigerlily..........

Originally posted by ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives:
I dont even allow her to sit in back of taxi so driver can see her in mirror.

If you both agreed on certain things incl. that she would not go shopping by herself etc. it's your business.

But may I ask about the situation in the taxi? Where is she supposed to sit then? Next to the cab driver or on the roof of the car (sorry lame joke I know)! Seriously I learned from the very beginning ONLY to sit in the back of the car.

Have a good day!

You know I have read lots of your posts and like your serious approach to many things which are important. I hoped you would see I was trying to give help .

The answer to your question - of course she sits in the back! Am I likely to advise my wife I try to protect to sit next to a driver?????????
I am not so good at describing the scenario obviously being Egyptian - but I mean she does not like to sit DIRECTLY behind the driver and I ask him to turn the mirror a little away. This is because I know some men turn the mirror to view a woman when he thinks she is distracted by the sights, and I have seen them do this and get into a fruity condition ! If you know what I mean.
As a westerner, who happens to be muslim, has she not got the freedom to choose to be comfortable and dignified? I do not order her anything, but I respect her choices of comfort, and mainly agree with them

And the point about dancing with friends and family ........Definitely not an excuse. My family would move away from my wife if she tried to join in dancing with the men, and especially when you have a western wife you will find very few friends you can trust with anything!

Posts: 98 | From: Firmly On The Ground | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, SVFL, maybe it was a misunderstanding as I am not an English native speaker either.

Have a great day! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, Egyptian men are more than financially troubled when it comes to marriage.

Most of them are not even financially stable at the age of 35 to be potencial candiates for Egyptian wanna-be-brides.

I posted throughout the year enough articles on how people try to make ends meet, how much unemployment is in this country, how low in general wages/salaries are, what everything cost and how prices increase etc....

Gosh I don't want to be in their shoes.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Hi habeeby, yes I hate the weather here too.

I am currently working as agency, pay much better and you have the flexible working hours/days. Also if you get fed up at the placement you can leave without giving the notice a senior prac has to of 3 months!

I have been qualified for 6 years, was asked to apply as TM but dont need the responibility of juggling figures!

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I agree with you TL.
the_fairy_tales
Member # 14445

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_fairy_tales     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey all, I am jst in today and curiousely went through these messages... and I am really sorry to say to Habeeby that 'he jst wanna the visa'. I am an Egyptian lady and I am commited to a French man.. and I know quite well such cultural, economic and sexual problems that could lead to such relationship. In all cases, whether you are in denial or you are confident he's the right man for you, you will pursue it to give yourself the luxury of trying and I totally agree with this. Go for it dear, you need to try it and to give yourself the benefit of doubt and I really hope that our views would be wrong. Wish you all the happiness dear [Smile]
Posts: 1 | From: Heliopolis | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Quote:

when you have a western wife you will find very few friends you can trust with anything!

I am offended by this! [Mad]

Are you insinuating that all western women are easy???? If you trust your wife then there should be no problem, if she loves you she will always be loyal and never look to another for she will only have eyes for one man, every other man will be invisible to her. Or is this a cultural belief relating to the myth that uncircumcised women can't control themselves cos they are crazy for the 'jiggy jiggy' [Roll Eyes]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like this man had bad experience with this before.

BUT a friend who hits on your wife is not a friend after all.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Confused]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and would u call the wife if she went with it?

well i have weird opinion friends are friends out side i don't like hosting any one inside my house or entering any others houses even if its my deepest friend there is nothing we need to do inside the house we cant do out side

house privacy must be respected i dont like been inside house seen some thing i shouldn't see or surprises mistakes happens same on my side
if the house have a lady inside i don't even hit the door bill after 8 pm
freaky eah?

amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I'm totally confused, what are we talking about?? [Confused]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby

I think nobody here wants to take away your happiness from you. But pleassse, BE CAREFUL! [Smile]

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

It appears to me that there are seriouse trust issues here or lack of!!! If the wife went with it of course i would call her i have very strong opinions in relation to loyalty and respect. The married woman that recipricates any amorouse behaviour from any man other than her husband is either a dirty woman, there are problems in her marriage or she does not truly love her husband and she definatelly does not respect herself. Any man that tries to hit on the wife of a friend does not deserve to have friends and i would expect my husband to ostracise him for his lack of respect to me. I do not understand why there are so many hang ups in Egypt about men and women being alone together [Confused] is everybody in Egypt sex obsessed ? Are people that frustrated that they cannot trust themselves to be alone with a member of the opposite sex because they will totally lose contro of all their senses and make 'jiggy jiggy'. Sex is a fantastic and wonderful thing between two loving people who wish to share intimacy, sex between two people who are just looking to their own pleasure is a selfish and empty act that can cause heartache and spread disease [Frown] Also, why not hit the doorbell after 8pm is this the mahic hour when women and men become overtaken by lust? I must remember to boly my dor at 8pm in case i find mysef throwing my clothes off and ravaging the first person to 'ring my bell' ha ha ha pun intended [Big Grin]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I've always preferred men who are honest rather than sweet, but it's just me... With (most) Egyptian men I always feel like a box of chocolates. I don't mind but I just don't take it seriously (anymore) [Wink]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Makbeta thanks but i was born careful. Yes i agree i find it difficult to take it seriouse and still struggle with it now but i just accept that it is his way of sharing his feelings, he probaby thinks that i am the most unromantic woman he has ever met and suspiciouse - he buys me flowers, i say what have you done? But there must be worse things that a man can be that too sweet ?
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
Quote:

when you have a western wife you will find very few friends you can trust with anything!

Are you insinuating that all western women are easy???? If you trust your wife then there should be no problem, if she loves you she will always be loyal and never look to another for she will only have eyes for one man, every other man will be invisible to her. Or is this a cultural belief relating to the myth that uncircumcised women can't control themselves cos they are crazy for the 'jiggy jiggy' [Roll Eyes]

You misunderstood.

People here are untrustworthy and will try to mess up your relationship out of jealousy & envy, they'll do crap like flirt with your man or try to spread nasty rumors, etc.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
Quote:

Habeeby, I think you've misunderstood SVFL's post.

I read it as not that he didn't trust his wife, but he didn't trust his friends. And that could be down to something as simple as the thoughts that they may have about his wife (and not act upon), but the culture in Egypt is different. You are used to men being flattered if other men look at their woman. It is totally different in Egypt, it is offensive to an Egyptian man, if his partner is being looked at by other men - even their friends.

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
By the way, I've always preferred men who are honest rather than sweet, but it's just me... With (most)Egyptian men I always feel like a box of chocolates. I don't mind but I just don't take it seriously (anymore) [Wink]

are u a box of chocolates ?
can your provide evidence like naked pics etc?
what type of chocolates
your answer will change alot of people life

thanks in advance
cheers
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Evil spelled backward is live:
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
By the way, I've always preferred men who are honest rather than sweet, but it's just me... With (most)Egyptian men I always feel like a box of chocolates. I don't mind but I just don't take it seriously (anymore) [Wink]

are u a box of chocolates ?
can your provide evidence like naked pics etc?
what type of chocolates
your answer will change alot of people life

thanks in advance
cheers
amr

Amr you make me blush...... [Roll Eyes]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
And this a typical example of not understanding the culture! The meaning of being an "easy woman" to egyptians is totally different as it is in our point of view. Men and women indeed behave in a different way as they do in our culture, and YES a sincere man wouldn't even feel comfortable being alone with the wife of a friend and I won't tell you how about not sincere men...
A decent woman should avoid this at all times, even as a decent man would.
You can make jokes of it, and hold on to your own opinion, but in that case I'm afraid you have to be prepared on some not-so-nice expierences! This is Egypt, habeeby, and it's different here...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
that will help cutting some of the expenses of makeup products [Wink] at least in the cheeks
cheers
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Evil spelled backward is live:
that will help cutting some of the expenses of makeup products [Wink] at least in the cheeks
cheers
amr

[Confused] Oh , I see [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
Habeeby, I think you've misunderstood SVFL's post.

I read it as not that he didn't trust his wife, but he didn't trust his friends. And that could be down to something as simple as the thoughts that they may have about his wife (and not act upon), but the culture in Egypt is different. You are used to men being flattered if other men look at their woman. It is totally different in Egypt, it is offensive to an Egyptian man, if his partner is being looked at by other men - even their friends.

Yes, there's also a big difference between being glanced at & being eyeball-raped.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Ooh, eyeball-raped, now there's a term that speaks volumes!

I've never heard that one before, but it means sooooo much! [Big Grin]

Habeeby
Member # 14429

So if men cannot look at the wives of their friends how are they supposed to commnicate without making eye contact? - the eyes are the door to the soul and show a variety of emotions. I am aware of this as when i visit my boyfriends famiy his Father hakes my hand but does not look to my face and my boyfriend explained that he will not look to another woman's face than his wife but i strugge with this one. I have an discussed this and other things with my boyfriend and we have agreed as to what behaviour he finds acceptable and unacceptable and visa versa, therefore we have reched a compromise. I will conform to some of his requests but he must also accept that i am a western woman and because i will choose to marry an Egyptian man i will not change into a different person, he chose me this way!!!
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Eyeball- raped hee hee hee i like that term, never heard it before but it just makes me want to laugh. I don't know why, it tickles me! maybe ana magnoona [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well, habeeby, you don't have to look very long or deep in the eyes of an Egyptian man and he might judge this as interest in him.

And don't look at an Egyptian man twice shortly afterwards; he'll smile, come over and you have lots of explaining to do!!! [Wink]

Habeeby
Member # 14429

God help my fiancee when he comes to England if he thinks like that he will think every woman he meets is interested in him! I must tell you that when i visited the pyramids with my fiancee and my daughter, who is 13 with long blonde hair , bright blue eyes and very beautiful we had a trail of young egyptian boys following us for the day. I made sure she covered up before we went because i am aware of the impact that shorts and t-shirt can have but we still attracted the attention of every young male in the vicinity. My fiancee had to go and have a word with them in the end explaining that i was his wife and she is his daughter but they still followed just at a distance this time. She was amused by the whole thing - naughty girl [Smile] that was without looking twice!!!!
ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives
Member # 14207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:

Thank you VBS, Soozi, ????? and all who actually understood what I was saying !

Of course Im not saying I dont trust my wife! I would not be married to her for so long and be so happy if I did not. and I am offended you could imagine after what I have written that I would be the sort of man who would be happy to have a wife I could not trust or who embarrass me. For me she is a true example of respectfulness and morals. she turns her eyes from men. never dances in front of anyone. never drink alcohol. never sit alone with any man and above all loves Allah and his commands.
In return I do not go alone with any female. I go everywhere with my wife. if she is not by my side I dont want to go. this is my feeling to always help her and be with her - except for work of course ! I do not dance with any females, and I turn my eyes from females. especially the ones who are trying to make men notice them.I do not drink alcohol
You cant ignore the fact our culture says what a man and womans reputation is by their actions and some actions seem strange to foreign people.
I am a man. I get to hear the things some of the bad people say. I know what goes on and what the signs to look for are.
When I said if you have foreign wife you find there are not many friends you can trust it is true. Suddenly you have friends you did not even see before. They want to join you for food and drink - at your cost. they will ask stupid things like for advices on how they can be "lucky" like you. They will try to embarrass a man by staring at his wife to let him know they think she is not to be treated as an Egyptian wife. Lots of these things come from some bad people. I was fed up with all the people who see me with foreign wife and think she is just used. I said my wife was muslim. We did things islamic way and know each other for 6 years before marriage. No urfi. she dresses as muslimah expected to dress and behaved well. but still in the begining some stupid ones would say how can she be muslim she is foreign !As ????? says - its a different culture for Egyptians, something some choose to ignore and it will have bed result. We grow up with culture mixed with religion so it is hard to change ways and sometimes some things cannot be changed because they are important in religion.
the boys who followed your daughter. they know from her she is not looking like the relative of an Egyptian. they read signs and know their own culture. so they think you are a tourist who has Egyptian guide. to them this means you must have money and it is all fun for them to have the chance to follow and stare at a young girl so

Like i said there are good men to make good husbands but there many more bad ones to make bad husbands. I was trying to help to give you ideas of our ways of looking at things. not for any bad reason.I not made much of good job it seems! sorry.

Posts: 98 | From: Firmly On The Ground | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunes could learn a couple of things from you.... [Roll Eyes]

Love the quote:

"Like i said there are good men to make good husbands but there many more bad ones to make bad husbands."

egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone would think that all egyptian men are a no go area,,, please let us give them a chance and after all we are on this site reading the negative and positive so im sure we will take it all into account but will enjoy our lifes with the men we met and go from there. If we make a mistake we will be bakc here in time to come telling others.

Buy good luck habeeby........ i wish you well, i do hope my relationship works too.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
Anyone would think that all egyptian men are a no go area,,, please let us give them a chance and after all we are on this site reading the negative and positive so im sure we will take it all into account but will enjoy our lifes with the men we met and go from there. If we make a mistake we will be bakc here in time to come telling others.

Buy good luck habeeby........ i wish you well, i do hope my relationship works too.

I don't think anybody can be that stupid to think that 40.000 million males are the same.
I DO believe that a warned woman will keep it in the backside of her head, just for in case as...

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't think anybody can be that stupid to think that 40.000 million males are the same.
I DO believe that a warned woman will keep it in the backside of her head, just for in case as...
[/QUOTE]

????? LOL
I would never normally correct the English of a non native English speaker but this one made me laugh.
It needs to be 'will keep it in the back of her head'

backside in English is used to refer to one's posterior LOL but maybe also thats a good place for her to keep the warning [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com