EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Of course there were 'Horner' pharaohs (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Of course there were 'Horner' pharaohs
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
I want to wait for Amun Ra to comment on what number he thinks dynastic Egyptians would locate and then I'll comment

Of course for individuals all the numbers are possible since there was also "foreigners" in Ancient Egypt (think Hyksos for example). As well as their descendants of course. But in general, especially at the foundation stage, current genetic results on Ancient Egyptians (Ramses III=E1b1a, BMJ, JAMA, DNA Tribes), as well as other archaeological results (cultural continuity, biometric continuity affected by changes in lifestyle not migrants, etc) lead me to believe that they would be closer to say 5-6 on average. So basically Africans slightly admixed with neighboring Eurasians populations, but still mostly African as a whole.
OK but exactly where within the "Upper Paleolithic"
would said Egyptians cluster with Eurasians? Is it
at 50kya? 30kya? 20? 10?

lioness said:
let's disregard the term and not get caught up in the semantics of "Upper Paleolithic"
Does Nazlet Khater cluster with Eurasians?

The term is significant for it takes in a huge 40,000
year time span. So for 40,000 years the inhabitants of
Egypt were mostly "Eurasian"? Then bout 10kya they
switched back to mostly "African"?

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
quote:
quote:
I want to wait for Amun Ra to comment on what number he thinks dynastic Egyptians would locate and then I'll comment

Of course for individuals all the numbers are possible since there was also "foreigners" in Ancient Egypt (think Hyksos for example). As well as their descendants of course. But in general, especially at the foundation stage, current genetic results on Ancient Egyptians (Ramses III=E1b1a, BMJ, JAMA, DNA Tribes), as well as other archaeological results (cultural continuity, biometric continuity affected by changes in lifestyle not migrants, etc) lead me to believe that they would be closer to say 5-6 on average. So basically Africans slightly admixed with neighboring Eurasians populations, but still mostly African as a whole.
50kya? 30kya? 20? 10?

I don't understand your question. Ancient Egyptians seem to cluster mostly with African populations, not Eurasians, considering current ancient DNA results.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up above it says that in the Upper Paleolithic, the
inhabitants of Egypt cluster with Eurasians. I am
trying to pin down exactly when and where within
the 40,000 years said to be the Upper Paleolithic that
this was the case. Was it at 50kya? 20kya? What were
the affinities of the inhabitants of Egypt during
this time span? You mentioned the archaeological record
and biometric continuity above. What does the record
show as to the inhabitants of Egypt at this time?

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Ancient Egypt, Leopard skins were worn by individuals who possessed great spiritual knowledge and power, thus members of the priesthood and the pharaoh who was a high priest, wore them. Ancient Egyptians and Zulu and Xhosa (South Africans):

-
 -
 -

Neck collars
 -
 -
Nelson Mandela (Xhosa)
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Up above it says that in the Upper Paleolithic, the
inhabitants of Egypt cluster with Eurasians. I am
trying to pin down exactly when and where within
the 40,000 years said to be the Upper Paleolithic that
this was the case. Was it at 50kya? 20kya? What were
the affinities of the inhabitants of Egypt during
this time span? You mentioned the archaeological record
and biometric continuity above. What does the record
show as to the inhabitants of Egypt at this time?

I don't think you can place ancient remains on the correct modern ethnic groups based on biometrics values other than Ancient DNA. There's too much 'within population' diversity. There's also too much a wide gaps of years between modern populations and ancient remains from 5000 years ago (or more). For example we know , change in lifestyle and diets (among other things) brought change to the physiology of most populations around the world including people in Africa. You can only try to compare biometics value, other than Ancient DNA, with their contemporary, even then, the within population diversity makes any such results on shaky ground (those are only estimation anyway as they vary from one study to another, from one individual to another).
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKukbEvKes

Zulu warriors slaughter the evil cracker invaders with nothing but spears and shields against their black Moorish lent weaponry and technology (guns).

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Wolof

Chiekh Anta Diop
 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfKP5KCArGM

-
 -
 -

Pharaonic Egyptian - Wolof; (Wolof meaning)

aam - aam : seize (take this)
aar - aar : paradise (divine protection)
Aku - Aku : foreigners (Creole descendants of European traders and African wives)
anu - K.enou : pillar
atef - ate : a crown of Osiris, judge of the soul (to judge)
ba - bei : the ram-god (goat)
bai - bai : a priestly title (father)
ben ben - ben ben : overflow, flood
bon - bon : evil
bu - bu : place
bu bon - bu bon : evil place
bu nafret - bu rafet : good place
da - da : child
deg - deega : to see, to look at carefully (to understand)
deresht - deret : blood
diou - diou rom : five
djit - djit : magistrate (guide, leader)
Djoob - Djob : a surname
dtti - datti : the savage desert (the savage brush)
Etbo - temb : the 'floater' (to float)
fei - fab : to carry
fero - fari : king
iaay - yaay : old woman (mother)
ire - yer : to make
itef - itef : father
kat - kata : vagina (to have sexual intercourse)
kau - kaou : elevated, above (heaven)
kau - kau : high, above, heaven
kaw - kaw : height
kef - kef : to seize, grasp
kem -khem : black (burnt, burnt black)
kemat - kematef : end of a period, completion, limit
khekh - khekh : to fight, to wage war, war
kher - ker : country (house)
kwk - kwk : darkness
lebou - Lebou : those at the stream, Lebou/fishermen Senegal
maat - mat : justice
maga - mag : veteran, old person
mer - maar : love (passionate love)
mun - won : buttocks
nag - nag : bull (cattle)
nak - nak : ox, bull (cow)
NDam - NDam : throne
neb - ndab : float
nen - nen : place where nothing is done (nothingness)
nit - nit : citizen
Ntr - Twr : protecting god, totem
nwt - nit : fire of heaven (evening light)
o.k. - wah keh : correct, right
onef - onef : he (past tense)
ones - ones : she (past tense)
onsen - onsen : they (past tense)
pe - pey : capital, heaven (King's capital)
per - per : house (the wall surrounding the house)
pur - bur : king
ram - yaram : body, shoulder (body)
rem - erem : to weap, tears (compassion)
ro - ro : mouth (to swallow)
sa - sa : wise, educated, to teach
seh - seh : noble (dignitary)
seked - seggay : a slope
sen - sen : brother
sent - san : sister
set - set : woman (wife)
shopi - sopi : to transform
sity - seety : to prove
sok - sookha : to pound grain (sokh - to strike, beat)
ta - ta : earth, land (inundated earth)
ta tenen - ten : first lands (clay of first humans)
tefnit - tefnit : to spit
tem - tem : to completely stop doing something
tn.r - dener : to remember (to imagine)
top - bop : top of head
twr - twr : libation
uuh - uuf : carry
wer - wer : great, trustworthy

Complete Sentence Comparisons:

"a good place has become an evil place"
Egyptian - Bu nafret su em bu bon
Wolof - Bu rafet mel ni bu bon

Egyptian - mer on ef, "he loved"
Wolof - maar on ef, "he loved passionately"

Egyptian - mer on es, "she loved"
Wolof - maar on es, "she loved passionately"

Egyptian - mer on sen, "they loved"
Wolof - maar on sen, "they loved passionately"

Egyptian and Wolof Demonstratives
(ie > this, that, these, those)

Egyptian (p>b) Wolof
pw - bw
pwy - bwy
pane - bane
pafe - bafe
pafa - bafa
pa - ba
ipatw - batw
ipatne - batne
ipatafe - batafe

...and a couple more Wolof/Ancient Egyptian comparisons for one to contemplate:

Egyptian................. Wolof
kat - vagina............Cott li - vagina (Katt bi is a vulgar term for having sex)
top - top of head....bop - top of head

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akachi = spammer. Where is Ausar?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
^^ Double Agent cracker bitch! This truth that I am presenting is entirely too obvious for these crackers to do their job at obscuring our glorious history...they (pay attention to everyone) HATE this..I love it!

-

It's time for the truth to come out! The time of the evil Yacubs (white people) is (6,000 years) up!

-

-

-

Charles Manson called it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUu0mdQHhg

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

chart from
Genomic Diversity and Admixture Differs for Stone-Age Scandinavian Foragers and Farmers.
Pontus Skoglund
(numbers and "Basal Eurasian" added-lioness)

quote:

That sounds reasonable. Is there really an argument going on or is it spliittig hairs?
A position at 5-6 would place dynastic Egyptians closer to the East African Nilotic Dinka people and further from Yoruba in comparison

-

^^^ they are basically distinguishing three main types of African
Pgymy, Bantu and Nilotic
aka Mbuti, Yoruba, Dinka

Now let's look at the DNA Tribes chart
I carefully measured the distances and estimated how it would translate into the tree chart
I believe have the sequence order correct.
The result is a bit different. Enter the Khoisans.
They seem to have have placed Khoisans closest to non-African
It seems not to correspond to their other Basal Eurasian report unless Khosians occupied the horn at the time and were the Basal Eurasians.
"Basal Eurasians" according to Razib Khan's interpretation of articles using this term are a ghost population with no living direct descendants

DNA Tribes
 -

-

DNA Tribes
 -

So are Eurasians closer to Dinka or Khoisans ?

Also we may have to switch the order of statements in certain situations
If you say Egyptians are closer to Eurasians than bantu it implies back migration admixture. There might be some of that but if instead of saying "Egyptians were closer to" we instead say "Eurasians are closer to" then it excludes the admixture possibilities and could be interpreted as Africans existing first and Eurasians coming later

Now if we look at that posiition 5 again from the treemix chart
from the Skoglund article and we add DNA Tribes position for Khoisans. Then the ancient Egyptians are closer to Khoisans than any other African-am I not correct? Yet the DNA seems not to support this

A lot of the articles we read don't dovetail with one another all the time

Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
They keep trying to post this random bullshit from this staged debate between cracker sock puppets to cover up the information that I am presenting (they're not slick), but anyway..

Ancient Egyptian Priest:

(Notice leopard skin)
 -
 -
 -
 -
Priestess Takushit
 -
Priestess Shepenupet
 -
 -

Zulu
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Akachi:

-

what happened here?
Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
 -

chart from
Genomic Diversity and Admixture Differs for Stone-Age Scandinavian Foragers and Farmers.
Pontus Skoglund
(numbers and "Basal Eurasian" added-lioness)

quote:

That sounds reasonable. Is there really an argument going on or is it spliittig hairs?
A position at 5-6 would place dynastic Egyptians closer to the East African Nilotic Dinka people and further from Yoruba in comparison

I don't think you can micro analyze in term of populations those results. There's too many reasons to cite here. I only considered the present-day African bubble as a whole.

For example, the BMJ/JAMA/DNA tribes results on Ancient Egyptian mummies for me, beside Ramses III=E1b1a, is not really about Southern Africans, Great Lakes Africans and West Africans. Ancient Egyptians were also their own people after all. It's about the Sub-Saharan African genetic grouping as a whole which are closer to Ancient Egyptians than to other world populations like Europeans or West Eurasians. Horn Africans are further away because much of their population (at least in the sample used by DNA Tribes) is admixed with Eurasians. In fact, DNA Tribes could have combined the Sub-Saharan Africans genetic groupings and the MLI scores would have been even higher (since other African groups wouldn't be in the denominator of the MLI ratio, as MLI scores are simply ratio of frequencies).

In other words, clearly based on current genetic results, Ancient Egyptians were mostly Africans like Sub-Saharan Africans, not Eurasians or West Asians.

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Ancient Egyptian Priest cont.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

( priest Ptahmai mit seiner Familie, 13. cent. B. C. (from Saqqara, today: Berlin, Neues Museum, Ägyptische Sammlungen)

close up of above Ptahmai
 -

what a you kiddin me?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate :
For example, the BMJ/JAMA/DNA tribes results on
Ancient Egyptian mummies for me, beside Ramses
III=E1b1a, is not really about Southern Africans,
Great Lakes Africans and West Africans. Ancient
Egyptians were also their own people after all.

Just like your fellow troll, Akachi, you make no
sense whatsoever. Either the native holocene
Egyptians were Eastern Saharans or they were
West/Central Africans. Which one is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
^^^It clearly refutes your claim than Ancient Egyptians were genetically closer to Eurasians than West, Southern and Great Lakes Africans.

How? How does the apparent fact that 2 of at least
41 Amarna alleles being found more or less exclusively
in SSA according to DNA Tribes, disprove my point
that the native Upper Palaeolithic Egyptian
population was a pre-OOA remnant African population?

I'm waiting..
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Akachi

You know Afrocentricity and Black Hebrew Israelite stuff is mutually exclusive right?

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
What "Black Hebrew Israelite stuff"?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
blablablabla

SMH. All that spam for nothing. None of that SPAM
will ever compensate for your faillure to address
the bio-anthropological data of actual ancient
Egyptian remains, and their comparison to other
Africans. No matter how hard you run, statstical
and live data will always catch up with your lying
ass. SPAMMING cultural parallels has nothing to
do with this thread or with specifying the bio-
ethnic composition of Ancient Egypt and Nubia.
Ancient Egypt and Nubia were biologically rooted
in the Eastern Saharan region. I know it's hard to
swallow, but you're done, boy.

-

Emphasis mine. Lower Nubians and Egyptians in
yellow, West/Central Africans in blue. The Tigre
sample in red, and the centroid of the Jebel Moya
sample was not highlighted. Screen taken from
Irish 2006.

(JEM) Jebel Moya
(EGE) Egyptian ‘E’
(NAQ) Naqada
(BAD) Badarian
(SED) Sedment
(EGN) Egypt ‘Negroes’
(KER) Kerma
(AGR) A-Group
(BGR) B-Group
(CGR) C-Group
(DGR) D-Group
(MER) Meroitic
(XGR) X-Group
(TAI) Taita
(CAM) Cameroons
(TIG) Tigrean
(ASH) Ashanti
(TET) Tetela
(FRV) Fernand Vaz
(IBO) Ibo

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
he's probably 5%/NGE
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
[QB]
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate :
For example, the BMJ/JAMA/DNA tribes results on
Ancient Egyptian mummies for me, beside Ramses
III=E1b1a, is not really about Southern Africans,
Great Lakes Africans and West Africans. Ancient
Egyptians were also their own people after all.

Just like your fellow troll, Akachi, you make no
sense whatsoever. Either the native holocene
Egyptians were Eastern Saharans or they were
West/Central Africans. Which one is it?

As long as you don't say Eurasian, I'm with you buddy... [Big Grin]
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What "Black Hebrew Israelite stuff"?

The biblical ..yacob 6000 year nonsense. If you follow this then these Africans definitely are not your people.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
I think I'm done here. No sense in beating a dead
horse. Amun Ra the trolltimate has abandoned his
retarded claims (no doubt he'll start trolling
again tomorrow) and is systematically avoiding and
running away from my posts. Pussachi is using his
spam as a way to escape from the data and cover up
his inabilty to debate one on one. He's completely
given up on posting bio-anthro data, ever since I
schooled him on the fact that all his sources
(Irish Holliday, Ricaut, Brace) all contradict
him. Pussachi's original claims (West Africans
are Jebel Sahabans, the dominant phenotype in
dynastic Egypt was True Negro, any negroid phenotype
in Africa is linked to Niger-Congo speakers, etc.)
have been completely obliterated. He's systematically
running away from my posts as well--a sure sign
of intellectual defeat. When Pussachi and Trolltimate
start manipulating scientific data again, I'll be
back. Dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
As a last remark, I find it funny how my views on
the population affinity of UP Egyptian populations
are controversial in some 'Afrocentric' quarters,
but that none of these cries of outrage are ever
found in the literature, where the affinity of UP
northeast Africans to OOA populations are well
established, axiomatic ideas. Props to TP and
others like Djehuti for knowing their stuff and
staying on top of things:

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol # Ish Gebor:
quote:
Migrations into India “did occur, but rarely from western Eurasian populations.” There are low frequencies of the western Eurasian mtDNA types in both southern and northern India. Thus, the ‘caucasoid’ features of south Asians may best be considered ‘pre-caucasoid’— that is, part of a diverse north or north-east African gene pool that yielded separate origins for western Eurasian and southern Asian populations over 50,000 years ago.
--U.S. biological anthropologist Todd R. Disotell.

quote:
quote:
Our results suggest that Maasai ancestors
were well mixing with Non-African ancestors
until about 80kya, much later than the YRI/Non-
African separation.
This is consistent with a
model where Maasai ancestors and Non-African
ancestors formed sister groups, which together
separated from West African ancestors and
stayed well mixing until much closer to the
actual out-of-Africa migration.

--Schiffels and Durbin (2014)
I rest my case.
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
 -
 -

Pharaoh Neferefre

-
Pharaoh Shebitku
 -
Pharaoh Tantamani
 -
Pharaoh Psamtik
 -
Pharaoh Wahibre
 -
Pharaoh Ahmose II  -

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The core problem I see with Akachi and Amun-Ra is that they seem to approach the Nile Valley civilizations from a Pan-African perspective. That is to say, they want all the dark-skinned peoples of Africa and the Diaspora to be united into one cultural or genetic unit that excludes anyone they don't perceive to be Black. Of course this quasi-racialist construct doesn't square well with the facts that Africans have always been genetically and culturally diverse and that one subset of them may be fraternal to OOA.

I'm all for portraying ancient Egypto-Nubian civilization as an indigenous African development and don't like the pop-culture trend to whitewash (or tanwash) them one bit. I also think connections between the Nile Valley and other regions of Africa are worth looking into. What's problematic is the insinuation by the Pan-African mindset that Africa was always a single, genetically and culturally homogeneous country. Why can't African people have different cultures and phenotypes just like people on other continents?

Furthermore, the construct of "Black African" is a fundamentally European one that was imposed onto Africans. Prior to the European "colonial" invasions, I don't think ancient Egyptians, Nubians, Zulus, Yoruba, etc. would have agreed on a common Black identity that brought them together. They probably would have conceived themselves more along the lines of culture or nationality just like people elsewhere in the world. As to whether ancient Egyptians or Nubians would have identified as Black people had their culture and phenotype persisted to the modern post-colonial era, that we can only speculate.

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Pharaoh Menkaura
 -
Pharaoh Myke rinos
 -
Pharoh Pepi I
 -
Pharaoh Mentuhotep II
 -
Senusret I
 -
Pharaoh Senusret III
 -
Ahmose I
 -

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Now truthcentric since he just received a thorough ass kicking from a scientific point of view comes with us with fluff. I can hear the violins playing.

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
The core problem I see with Akachi and Amun-Ra is that they seem to approach the Nile Valley civilizations from a Pan-African perspective.

The problem is in your head, your own prejudice about pan-africanism. Pan-Africanism is not different than let's say the European Union or the Arab League.

Africa is made of many different cultures. Which sometimes are related to each other topologically and in time. It's about analyzing population history and population movements and interactions through times. There's both similarities and differences between various African cultures in Africa.

I know I sometimes sound like someone who wants to make Ancient Egyptians Africans as much as possible. But I'm also interested in authenticity. I don't want to claim Ancient Egyptians are Africans and related to the same cultural heritage from the Green Sahara than Yoruba, if that's not true. For me, its VERY important that it is in fact true. Not by twisting the truth so it becomes true. For me it's about following population history, migrations and interactions through time.

For example, if the common origin in Eastern Africa and Green Sahara input was marginal and that most of Ancient Egyptians were mostly Eurasians (back migrants). Then there's no problem for me. If it's true.

I've joined this forum after the DNA results were out. Before that I wasn't sure if Ancient Egyptians were truly Africans even if I read Diop's and similar works. Culturally, there was a lot of similarities, pointing to a common heritage. But at the same time, archaeological data didn't seem discriminative enough. Only ancient DNA provides enough discriminative power to follow population history and migrations especially at that time scale.

For me, this is ALL about following population history and migrations. In other word, determining the real history of various African people.

At the moment, based on what we know currently, I consider Ancient Egypt part of the African history in a similar way Ancient Greece is part of the European history. But still, I would need more ancient DNA results.

I consider Pan-Africanism a worthy goal, the same way the European Union or the Arab League is. There's no need to twist the truth about Ancient Egypt in any way for that. The African Union exist already without Ancient Egypt's "Africanity" being mainstream or come into play in any way. I'm just forced to take into account the BMJ, JAMA and DNA Tribes results. I just can't look the other way.

If past racists historians didn't try to say Ancient Egyptians were not Africans (to promote racism and prejudice against African people) then we would never have this discussion, as the burden of proof to prove that Ancient Egyptians were not Africans should be on the racist shoulders. Everybody would take as a given that Ancient Egyptians were black Africans.

quote:

Africans have always been genetically and culturally diverse and that one subset of them may be fraternal to OOA.

Ok, but why do you want ONLY modern East African populations to be fraternal at the moment of the OOA migrations, instead of both East and West Africans for example? All CT carriers and all L3 carriers? (who btw continued to interact and admix with one another after the OOA migrations, developing among other thing the E, EP2, L3eikx, etc haplogroups. All subsequent to the OOA migrations). So why only East Africans, why not all CT carriers for example to be more fraternal with OOA migrants at the moment of the OOA migrations? Why only East Africans instead of both East and West Africans and all CT/L3 carriers in general? That sounds like the hamitic race myth, but for what and based on what?

quote:

I'm all for portraying ancient Egypto-Nubian civilization as an indigenous African development and don't like the pop-culture trend to whitewash (or tanwash) them one bit. I also think connections between the Nile Valley and other regions of Africa are worth looking into.

We agree on this.

quote:

What's problematic is the insinuation by the Pan-African mindset that Africa was always a single, genetically and culturally homogeneous country. Why can't African people have different cultures and phenotypes just like people on other continents?

Nobody believe that in Africa. Each African countries, even small regions, is made of many different people, culture, languages, phenotypes, etc. Often related to each others in term of migrations and history. For example, all Niger-Congo speakers shared a common history at one point. I prefer to talk about unity in diversity for Africa and the world in general.

quote:

Furthermore, the construct of "Black African" is a fundamentally European one that was imposed onto Africans. Prior to the European "colonial" invasions, I don't think ancient Egyptians, Nubians, Zulus, Yoruba, etc. would have agreed on a common Black identity that brought them together. They probably would have conceived themselves more along the lines of culture or nationality just like people elsewhere in the world. As to whether ancient Egyptians or Nubians would have identified as Black people had their culture and phenotype persisted to the modern post-colonial era, that we can only speculate.

I don't think German, Finnish and French see themselves as one people. Europe also has a diversity of culture, it doesn't prevent them to be part of the European Union. Same for the Arab League. Or other similar political unions around the world. They still consider Ancient Greece as part of their common history. It's unity in diversity, not unity in fascism and uniformity.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
The most important part I would like you to answer Truthcentric is this following since it's not the fluff part but the scientific part:

quote:

Africans have always been genetically and culturally diverse and that one subset of them may be fraternal to OOA.

Ok, but why do you want ONLY modern East African populations to be fraternal with OOA migrants at the moment of the OOA migrations, instead of both East and West Africans for example? All CT carriers and all L3 carriers? (who btw continued to interact and admix with one another after the OOA migrations, developing among other thing the E, EP2, L3eikx, etc haplogroups. All subsequent to the OOA migrations). So why only East Africans, why not all CT carriers for example to be more fraternal with OOA migrants at the moment of the OOA migrations? Why only East Africans instead of both East and West Africans and all CT/L3 carriers in general? That sounds like the hamitic race myth, but for what and based on what?

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

at 50kya? 30kya? 20? 10?

lioness said:
let's disregard the term and not get caught up in the semantics of "Upper Paleolithic"

The term is significant for it takes in a huge 40,000
year time span. So for 40,000 years the inhabitants of
Egypt were mostly "Eurasian"? Then bout 10kya they
switched back to mostly "African"?

Nazlet Khater clusters with Eurasians? [Confused]
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Tropp Patrol says:
Nazlet Khater clusters with Eurasians?

That's what I am wondering Patrol, And there is some
suggestion of continuity between NZ and successor populations
in the region. PS: Thanks for the link on India.

----------------------------------------------------

Amun-Ra says:
I don't think you can place ancient remains on the correct modern ethnic groups
based on biometrics values other than Ancient DNA.

Why not? Scientists do it all the time. Keita ran ancient Badarian remains
as did Joel Irish, as did numerous others. They found that said Badarians
cluster more with modern tropical Africans than other non-African populations.
Why do you need Ancient DNA to determine population affinities? Metric data, properly
used, and balanced with archeology data, can do the job just fine. You are falling into the trap of
placing all your eggs in the DNA basket, and that basket can be full of a lot
of guesswork and widely ranging guesstimates, AND all the usual biases, Eurocentric
assumptions, and problems with rigged or slanted samples. ANd all this is ON TOP OF
peculiar problems of Ancient DNA itself (deterioration, contamination, lack of resolution etc).

There's too much 'within population' diversity. There's also too much a wide gaps of
years between modern populations and ancient remains from 5000 years ago (or more).

^Scholars like Keita, Zakrewski, etc etc have done quite well to the contrary.
Within population diversity does not change the facts about the Badarians
for example. Nor does it change hard data on limb proportions.

For example we know , change in lifestyle and diets (among other things) brought change to the physiology of most populations around the world including people in Africa. You can only try to compare biometics value, other than Ancient DNA, with their contemporary, even then, the within population diversity makes any such results on shaky ground (those are only estimation anyway as they vary from one study to another, from one individual to another).

Sure change in diet, lifestyle etc causes changes in physiology. But those changes
do not mean a reasonable picture (did not say perfect) of a population cannot
be obtained by non DNA data. DNA is no panacea. It is just 1 line of evidence.
What you imply here, that Ancient DNA is a paragon of accuracy
or better estimates, is not accurate. Numerous scholarly studies contradict this.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

lioness said:

I did not say
" Does Nazlet Khater cluster with Eurasians?"

stop the nonsense

Member # 15718

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
The core problem I see with Akachi and Amun-Ra is that they seem to approach the Nile Valley civilizations from a Pan-African perspective. That is to say, they want all the dark-skinned peoples of Africa and the Diaspora to be united into one cultural or genetic unit that excludes anyone they don't perceive to be Black. Of course this quasi-racialist construct doesn't square well with the facts that Africans have always been genetically and culturally diverse and that one subset of them may be fraternal to OOA.

I'm all for portraying ancient Egypto-Nubian civilization as an indigenous African development and don't like the pop-culture trend to whitewash (or tanwash) them one bit. I also think connections between the Nile Valley and other regions of Africa are worth looking into. What's problematic is the insinuation by the Pan-African mindset that Africa was always a single, genetically and culturally homogeneous country. Why can't African people have different cultures and phenotypes just like people on other continents?

Possibly. Though I think their main problem is attempting
a rigid West African connection with West Africans
as a stand-in for "true negroes." East Africans are just as
"African" as anyone else in tropical Africa, and so are ancient Egyptians.

Why can't African people have different cultures and phenotypes just like people on other continents?

They do, and these differences do not cease to make them African.
This is one of the central problems of Eurocentrism- a "splittism"
approach that seems to deAfricanize numerous African peoples.
This is one of the reasons CERTAIN flavors of Afrocentrism
developed- as a counter-reaction to distorted Eurocentric "splittism."

What's problematic is the insinuation by the Pan-African mindset that Africa was always a single, genetically and culturally homogeneous country.

^^Yes, but keep in mind that a "Pan-African" perspective
can be useful if carefully qualified and handled.
The problem is EXTREME forms of "Pan-Africanism"
such as alleged "fleeing negroes" shuffling out of Egypt
when assorted Assyrians or other outsiders show up, to bring "real"
civilization to the rest of the continent, and other similar constructs.
A "Pan-African" perspective can work on a number levels- if
staying within credible data- as a general concept
viewing Africa as a holistic unit, rather than
the "splittism" approach, as an archeo/cultural
concept (very carefully qualified of course), as a geographic
cultural approach (the Sahara is a "Pan African" entity)
as is the Nile River Basin (in an extended sense)
which covers part of the Congo up to the Atlantic)
or a biological approach (tropical features, DNA, etc)
Note this is at carefully qualified levels, navigating between
sweeping claims of artifical "unity" and equally artifical
"splittism."

Furthermore, the construct of "Black African" is a fundamentally European one that was imposed onto Africans
^^Of course, which is why "true negro" concepts are suspect.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
I did not say

stop the nonsense [/QB]

Not even away for a day and people are already misrepresenting
my views. If not you Lioness I don't know who posed that
misleading question, but neither I nor TP singled out Nazlet
or other UP Egyptians as having an exclusive relationship
with Eurasians, supposedly to the exclusion of other native
northeast Africans, as seems to be the tacit suggestion in
this question:

"Does Nazlet Khater cluster with Eurasians?"

If this question is going to pretend to have an iota of relevance
to what was said, at least reverse the phrasing so it doesn't
obfuscate the OOA/isolation by distance part that is indispensible
to understanding where the proponants of this idea are
coming from. When you reverse the question it sounds a
heck of a lot less controversial, but then again, making it
sound as outragous as possible may just be what trolls
like Amun are going for when they paraphrase my views.

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Nazlet Khater has consistently been found to be "Negroid" ("Niger-Congo" speakers/Sub Saharan African as consistently found to be the case below). People hinting at some sort of affinity with "Eurasians" are dumb as **** for their insinuation (the Natufians were "Eurasian" but were still found to have "Negroid" affinities, hence an expansion of black Africans outside of Africa):

-

Ricaut 2008

-

-

-- UNESCO 1981. The Peopling ancient Egypt..

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0003/000328/032875eo.pdf

This states that the "Negroid" group was the most dominant among the "other" elements during the Pre-Dynastic period.....let that fact sink in. None the less the all of the "races" of people listed are indigenous black Africans, and this was later corrected (in the 90's) to mean "Saharo-tropical" variants to include the WHOLE scope of black African physical diversity. Those "Mediterraneans" and "Cro Magnoids" are the contemporary East Africans shown in the purple on the map below (Nilotes/Nilo Saharan speakers and "Ethiopic" Horners).

-

The "Negroid" group is shown in the light blue and correlate with the Niger-Congo speakers and M2 lineage (Keita 2005):

-
 -

-

-

Here is Keita's support for this stance:

"The M2 lineage is mainly found primarily in "eastern", "sub-saharan", and sub-equatorial African groups, those with the highest frequency of the "Broad" trend physiognomy, but found also in notable frequencies in Nubia and Upper Egypt, as indicated by the RFLP TaqI 49a, f variant IV (see Lucotte and Mercier, 2003; Al-Zahery et al. 2003 for equivalecies of markers), which is affiliated with it. The distribution of these markers in other parts of Africa has usually been explained by the "Bantu migrations", but their presence in the Nile Valley in non-Bantu speakers cannot be explained in this way. Their existence is better explained by their being present in populations of the early Holocene Sahara, who in part went on to people the Nile Valley in the mid-Holocene, according to Hassan (1988); this occurred long before the "Bantu migrations",which also do not explain the high frequency of M2 in Senegal, since there are no Bantu speakers there either" .
S.O.Y. Keita American Journal of Human Biology
16:679-689 (2004)

and Keita of course has been validated right here:

"We amplified 16 Y chromosomal, short tandem repeats (AmpF\STR Yfiler PCR amplification kit; Applied Biosystems).........Genetic kinship analyses revealed identical haplotypes in both mummies (table 1⇓); using the Whit Athey’s haplogroup predictor, we determined the Y chromosomal haplogroup E1b1a "

http://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e8268

and even further confirmation of this "Niger-Congo" affinity is the finding of the blood disease unique only to those within the "Niger-Congo" bloodline.

1999 May-Jun

Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e dell'Uomo, Università degli Studi di Torino.

" We conducted a molecular investigation of the presence of sicklemia in six predynastic Egyptian mummies (about 3200 BC) from the Anthropological and Ethnographic Museum of Turin. Previous studies of these remains showed the presence of severe anemia, while histological preparations of mummified tissues revealed hemolytic disorders."

Contextualization of this research by myself will come upon any (who I see serious about this) request.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

Emphasis mine. Lower Nubians and Egyptians in
yellow, West/Central Africans in blue. The Tigre
sample in red, and the centroid of the Jebel Moya
sample was not highlighted. Screen taken from
Irish 2006.

(JEM) Jebel Moya
(EGE) Egyptian ‘E’
(NAQ) Naqada
(BAD) Badarian
(SED) Sedment
(EGN) Egypt ‘Negroes’
(KER) Kerma
(AGR) A-Group
(BGR) B-Group
(CGR) C-Group
(DGR) D-Group
(MER) Meroitic
(XGR) X-Group
(TAI) Taita
(CAM) Cameroons
(TIG) Tigrean
(ASH) Ashanti
(TET) Tetela
(FRV) Fernand Vaz
(IBO) Ibo

quote:
 -

At best 2% of the dynastic Upper Egyptian (Abydos)
series classified with West/Central Africans.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:

I've joined this forum after the DNA results were out. Before that I wasn't sure if Ancient Egyptians were truly Africans even if I read Diop's and similar works.

This here details your problem. You are basically a NOOB to the whole thing. You came in years late to the party....dont really known what is going on....and you are trying to fill in the puzzle as you go. You cannot say you were familiar with African DNA prior to DNATribes while at the same time not being sure of Ancient Egyptian biological affinity.
Member # 15718

Nazlet Khater has consistently been found to be "Negroid" ("Niger-Congo" speakers/Sub Saharan African as consistently found to be the case below). People hinting at some sort of affinity with "Eurasians" are dumb as **** for their insinuation..
 - [/b]

Yes Nazlet Khater, an UP specimen, clusters with
sub-Saharans, but the point you are missing is that
both "negroids" (as you put it above) and "Sub-Saharans"
are NOT JUST Niger Congo speakers. "Negroids" or
"sub-Saharans" ALSO includes East Africans, like Horners.
As assorted Eurocentrics fail to grasp, The Horn is
located below the Sahara and is thus "Sub-Saharan".

-

^^You again seem to be missing the point. Ricaut repeatedly
references the term "sub-Saharan, NOT West African" or "Niger Congo".
It is Brace 2005 who he references in relation to
"Niger COngo" speakers- and Brace 2005 ALSO clusters
Egyptians with NON West Africans, including Nubians
and Somalis. I did the Brace diagram over 2 years ago.
It should be clear that Egyptians cluster primarily
with Africans CLOSEST to them, as should be expected.

-

-

^^This is from Madilda's website and keep in mind
that "negro skulls" have the highest diversity in
the world for Africans do have the highest phenotypic
diversity. You are falling into the "true negro"
trap where every "true" African has to have a broad nose
or very pronounced prognathism. As such you are
playing into Eurocentric hands. Let another graphic
clarify the case for you much better than Madilda's "true negro" BS.

-

Here is Keita's support for this stance:

"The M2 lineage is mainly found primarily in "eastern", "sub-saharan", and sub-equatorial African groups, those with the highest frequency of the "Broad" trend physiognomy, but found also in notable frequencies in Nubia and Upper Egypt, as indicated by the RFLP TaqI 49a, f variant IV (see Lucotte and Mercier, 2003; Al-Zahery et al. 2003 for equivalecies of markers), which is affiliated with it. The distribution of these markers in other parts of Africa has usually been explained by the "Bantu migrations", but their presence in the Nile Valley in non-Bantu speakers cannot be explained in this way. Their existence is better explained by their being present in populations of the early Holocene Sahara, who in part went on to people the Nile Valley in the mid-Holocene, according to Hassan (1988); this occurred long before the "Bantu migrations",which also do not explain the high frequency of M2 in Senegal, since there are no Bantu speakers there either" .
S.O.Y. Keita American Journal of Human Biology
16:679-689 (2004)

Again note above. Keita is not evoking 'West Africans"
he is talking sub-Saharan Africans which includes the Horn.
Also note that he is skeptical about all encompassing
"Bantu" migrations, as explanations for M2 in the region.

and Keita of course has been validated right here:

"We amplified 16 Y chromosomal, short tandem repeats (AmpF\STR Yfiler PCR amplification kit; Applied Biosystems).........Genetic kinship analyses revealed identical haplotypes in both mummies (table 1⇓); using the Whit Athey’s haplogroup predictor, we determined the Y chromosomal haplogroup E1b1a "

Of course... this describes Rameses 3. And as your
Keita quote above notes, such elements would already
have been present "in populations of the early
Holocene Sahara, who in part went on to people
the Nile Valley in the mid-Holocene."
So yes
E1b1a is in the mix. Doesn't mean it is the only thing
that defines all Egyptians.

-

====================================================

Your enthusiasm is commendable but in attempting to
"West Africanize" the Nile Valley, you are falling
into several traps- including the old "true negro"
trap. As indicated to you before on Reloaded, (going
by similar arguments and pic posts there) you need
to carefully qualify your arguments, and build in
enough flexibility to weather sharp attacks. You need
to take account of time periods in Egyptian history.
Things changed. By the New Kingdom era, Hyskos, assorted Asiatics,
Libyans, etc etc were all in the mix not to mention
contributions from normal trade and nomadic movement.
You have to allow for that and not rely on sweeping statements.
Trying to "West Africanize" everything is a failing
strategy easily exposed by critics. In fact they
love that for they can easily debunk such. You also
need to recognize the full diversity of Africans,
so that "West African looks" or DNA patterns are
not asserted as some sort of sole validator of what
is "truly" African.

Your first post says:
The dominant group among the black Africans whom comprised ancient Egypt, was our group (Niger-Congo speaking, M2 lineage carrying, so called "true negroid"). Nilotes and Horners were there obviously, but no African group is more represented than our own.

^^But the group closest to ancient Egyptians is
Nubians, who don't speak Niger Congo. Right off the
bat you have compromised one of the key links in
Ancient Egyptian history. You also fail to reference
any archaeological, dental, limb or cranial data,
again dismissing good sources of evidence. Finally
when you mention "true negroid" you fail to right
up front establish that "negroes" or "sub-Saharan"
Africans have the highest phenotypic diversity in
the world. Yes they can have narrow noses or light
prognathism, or light brown skin and still be
"negroes". By failing to establish this up front
you immediately allow opponents to juxtapose broad
nosed "Niger-Congo negroes" against aquiline nosed
Egyptians. Which is precisely what they want..

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
I did not say

stop the nonsense

Not even away for a day and people are already misrepresenting
my views. If not you Lioness I don't know who posed that
misleading question,

is zarahan's question

I didn't mention Nazlet Khater

he planted that

Member # 15718

I asked YOU - and what's your answer?

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
A miscommunication, then.
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Centric:

As to whether ancient Egyptians or Nubians would have identified as Black people had their culture and phenotype persisted to the modern post-colonial era, that we can only speculate.

Book of Gates Gate of Teka Hra vignette(scene) 30 says you lie.

•  -
     -

This translation supercedes my previous
    postings
    , is tentative, not literal, rather
    designed for 21st century understandings.

December 2004 was when I first began presenting it here. See
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/001098.html or
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001098

• Excerpts originally posted by alTakruri on October 04, 2006:

Transliteration and translation of the 1st 5 columns
    of the Book of Gates the Gate of Teka Hra vignette 30

code:
    CAPS = multi-literal phonogram; 
    : = determinative;
    [] = unvoiced phonetic compliment;
    . = suffix

code:
    Col1: å-n                HRW   n    nn.[n-n]
    Says(interogative) Heru to these:
    -
    Col2: [HHQ3].`a-w-t.plural RA
    "Herds (of) Ra
    -
    Col3: å-m.w:plural DWA.t:pr
    Dwellers (in) netherworld.
    -
    Col4: KM[m].t:nwt d-sh-r.t:nwt AKH
    Black community. Red community.
    -
    Col5: [kh]:scroll n th-n:plural HQA.w:plural RA
    Beatification to ye subjects (of) Ra!

-

The "four types" -- or better, the "subjects of Ra" -- scene depicts the sun in
    the 5th night hour with Heru addressing the dead. He verbally divides them
    into the blacks (Nile Valley folk, i.e., Egyptians and Nehesis) under his protection,
    and the reds (folk dwelling east or west of the Nile) under Sekhet's protection.

Heru is addressing all four types, first with a general intro
    to the entire party of the afterlife dead (who died that day) still
    in their shrouds. He "beatifies" them, reanimates them with
    "spirit" (breath/wind), and releases them from their shrouds.
    Then after all that he addresses each group in turn speaking
    of the origins of their creation and assigning their "patron" deity.
    First the RT RMTW and then in from sunrise to sunset order the
    AAMW, NHHSW, and TMHHW .

The NWT ideogram means neither people nor land.

The
    glyph depicts a crossroads indicating a village or city, i.e. a
    settlement or habitation. thus the use of it to mean community
    in its broad application for the corpus of the dead. It [mostly]
    appears as the determinative following the name of a city.

Now if one wants to take black as meaning literal black skin, then
    go ahead. I recognize a range of skin tones among blacks and
    also recognize the difference as used in Africa between blacks
    and reds, both of whom may be African, and blacks and reds
    where reds means coloureds and whites. As an example, in
    medieval Arab writings they class themselves as reds in
    distinction to black Africans of Biled es Sudan but as blacks
    in distinction to red/white Eurasians like Persians, Slavs, etc.

In scene 30 Horus establishes the blacks and the
    reds as two communities not races, a concept not
    introduced until the birth of anthropology in the
    18th century in expansionist Europe.

In scene 30 Heru states that the blacks are the
    creations of his or Re's tears/semen and under
    his patronage whereas the reds have Sekhmet as
    their patron.

The blacks are the RT RMT yw and the NHHSW Nile dwellers.
    The reds are the A3MW and TMHHW of the adjoining deserts.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Hmm, great breakdown Tukler.

--------------------

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you enjoyed my blast from the remote past.
It never hurts to revisit pertinent materials so
easily forgotten by those who were around
then. Guess they didn't like it then and still
don't so they want to act like it never existed.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Your entire gripe in your post is over the use of the word "Negroid". Y'all mofo's take PC to an entire new level. I'm started to get suspicious as to why some of you all are so avid on denying the existence of this distinctive African group that belongs to the "Niger-Congo" language family language and whom Keita referred to as being characterized by the M2 lineage and broad facial feature (Ketia 2005). I try to refrain from referring to these people as "West Africans" because they were not always Africans! They came from North and East Africa along the Nile Valley (Sudan and Kemet/Egypt). This is according to the oral traditions of all of these sub-groups. Why the Hell is the fact that this groups Y-DNA (the M2 lineage) traces back to North and East Africa so overlooked by people on this forum. The common sense is just like...gone! Below is a further explanation of my use of and definition of the word.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol # Ish Gebor:

-

The fact that "Tigreans" are included in the definition of "Negroid" in this instance undermines what I'm saying. The definition of "Negroid" has varied, because scholars in the past have tried to make this exclusively the black classification. Depending on their intent, they would narrow the definition to "true negroid" or included the vast populations of Sub Saharan Africa as such (the latter likely because of our common black skin tone ranges/ and were just being honest in calling them all variations of "black"). In this case the author included the vast populations of Sub Saharan Africa as "Negroid" and highlighted the diversity as a result of doing such. None the less it doesn't negate that Tigreans (which were used above) are physically distinct from the "true Negroid" populations noted as "Niger-Congo" in both Brace's and those same "Niger-Congo" or "Sub Saharan" (as opposed to Northeast African samples) later reiterated in Ricaut's study:

-

Their (Tigrean) affinity (generally Horner) has been noted as a primary affinity with Pre-Dynastic Egypt just as the "Negroid" Bantu (Niger-Congo outshoot), but also to be distinct from them within that purple primary affinity box outlined.

The Niger-Congo (Bantu) speakers group are considered the "core" or so called "true Negroid" (now called "Sub Saharan African") group in these analysis unless stated otherwise. All of this below points to a distinct group of African:

-

-
 -

What is the identity of this distinct group of black Africans? What is the name of our group? "Niger-Congo speakers"? We don't seem to have an identity, and when people hint at our identity some people have been taught to see any noted distinction of our special brand of black African as "insulting" (because of perceived ignorance of indigenous African diversity).

Also Zaharan on the ancient Nubian language, you already know my stance on the bullshit (fake/Western devised plot) "Afro-Asiatic" language family.

-

Let this renown African scholar (who actually speaks African languages unlike the Western linguist who devised their BS theory) Dr. Theophile Obenga explain why, and sooo simply (you can't argue with common sense)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81dn2MwGq4Q

So your language counter-argument is just more silliness.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

the reds (folk dwelling east or west of the Nile) under Sekhet's protection.....

I recognize a range of skin tones among blacks and
also recognize the difference as used in Africa between blacks
and reds, both of whom may be African, and blacks and reds
where reds means coloureds and whites. As an example, in
medieval Arab writings they class themselves as reds in
distinction to black Africans of Biled es Sudan but as blacks
in distinction to red/white Eurasians like Persians, Slavs, etc.

the ongoing bullcrap, suggesting that deshret might pertain to skin color
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
The Depictions of the ancient Egyptians that famed Egyptologist Frank Yurco deliberately misinterpreted in his book as representing Nubians when the Egyptian text (the crouching pharaoh) indicates that this was in fact the representation of the ancient Egyptian type:

-
 -

-

-

In all of these depictions these black Africans typically labled by silly people as the "true negro" (as Diop pointed out) depicted as the general representation of ancient Egypt. Here is a first hand account how dishonest and stubborn he was about the race and appearance of the ancient Egyptians. Even when confronted about his dishonesty his silliness would not yield.

‘In 1998, after reading Yurco’s “Two Tomb-Wall Painted Reliefs of Rameses III and Sety I and Ancient Nile Valley Population Diversity” in which he proclaimed that the “four races of man” pastiche used by many African-centred writers to demonstrate that the ancient Egyptians viewed themselves as a black people, is based on a nineteenth century copy that is incorrect, I informed Yurco that not only had I been in the tomb of Ramesses III but that I personally photographed the wall painting. He seemed somewhat surprised at the time. I invited him to view the photos at a training session for volunteers that I was conducting the following day at the Field Museum of Natural History . He did not show. Although we would occasionally see one another at the museum , nothing more was said about his article or my photographs, that is until the museum conducted another volunteer training session for the new Cleopatra exhibit which opened in October 2001. I saw Yurco at the first session and decided then and there that I would give him a copy of “The Unwrapping of Egyptology”, which was first published in the Kemetic Voice in 1999. The following week I did just that. I personally handed him a copy of the Kemetic Voice and asked him to read the article and to give me feedback. Amiably, he agreed. However, he did not show for the final training session. I do not know whether my article had anything to do with his absence, but I was reminded of the first time I tried to present him with this information in 1998. Finally an opportunity presented itself during a walk-through of the Cleopatra exhibit. As I stood near the exit of the exhibit, I saw Yurco explaining certain aspects of the exhibit to a group of volunteers. I positioned myself so that it was virtually impossible for him to pass without seeing me. To my amazement, Yurco scurried right past me without uttering one word. I literally ran after him. Fortunately, there were two other members of the Kemetic Institute present to witness this encounter. When I caught Yurco and asked him what he thought about the article , the first thing he said was “I still maintain that it is a pastiche.” It was obvious from his statement that he had read the article. I again agreed with him on that point and pressed him further with regard to the contents of the pastiche and my photographs. In other words, were the ancient Egyptians as depicted in the tomb of Ramesses III shown in the same skin colour and dress as the Ku****es? Still walking hurriedly and looking quite ill at ease Yurco finally conceded that the depiction of the ancient Egyptians in the tomb of Ramesses III shows them to have the same black skin colour and dress as the Ku****es. When asked if this was a valid representation of the ancient Egyptians, Yurco again conceded. ‘ (p34).'The Battle for Kemet' Charles A.Grantham

This is precisely why you cannot trust these pink devils with our history! They are sneaky sneaky sneaky..."White man talk with forked tongue" (Old Native American proverb)

Frank Yurco
 -

Christopher Ehret
 -

Interesting that this particular portrait was found in the same E1b1a confirmed Ramses III's tomb...coincidence I think not.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure have a lot to say for a pesky insect that
has been swatted and reduced to a greasy smear on
the wall.

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
 -

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
You sure have a lot to say for a pesky insect that
has been swatted and reduced to a greasy smear on
the wall.

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
 -

You no point! You no point, because you have no narrative with any of this **** that post as "counter evidence". I mean to literally argue based on your interpretation of this one analysis that only 2% (over a third of the population according to UNESCO Conference presented in earlier post) of the population of ancient Egypt was "Negroid" (explained above):

-
 -

" All the Egyptians," wrote de Volney, "have a bloated face, puffed-up eyes, flat nose, thick lips – in a word, the true face of the mulatto. I was tempted to attribute it to the climate, but when I visited the Sphinx, its appearance gave me the key to the riddle. On seeing that head, typically Negro in all its features,I remembered the remarkable passage where Herodotus says:

' As for me, I judge the Colchians to be a colony of the Egyptians
because, like them, they are black with woolly hair ...

"When I visited the Sphinx, I could not help thinking that the figure of that monster furnished the true solution to the enigma (of how the modern Egyptians came to have their 'mulatto' appearance)

"In other words, the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native-born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood, mixed for several centuries with that of the Greeks and Romans, must have lost the intensity of its original color, while retaining nonetheless the imprint of its original mold.

" Just think," de Volney declared incredulously, "that this race of Black men, today our slave and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, sciences, and even the use of speech! Just imagine, finally, that it is in the midst of people who call themselves the greatest friends of liberty and humanity that one has approved the most barbarous slavery, and questioned whether Black men have the same kind of intelligence as whites!

" In other words the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same stock as all the autochthonous peoples of Africa and from the datum one sees how their race, after some centuries of mixing with the blood of Romans and Greeks , must have lost the full blackness of its original color but retained the impress of its original mould."

M. Constantine de Volney, Travels through Syria and Egypt in the Years 1783, 1784, and 1785 (London: 1787), p. 80-83.

Shows that your interpretation of this **** lacks any context or common fucking sense! Why in the Hell would the most adorned (and yet "mysterious") individual artwork in ancient Egypt be of a Negroid individual is "Negroid" Africans only made up 2% of the population. Not to mention that my posting of general pharaonic artwork has you literally screaming for me to get banned (like typical lying scared white bitch), because of this obvious truth that the "Negroid" element was the dominant group in ancient Egypt (and the Middle East/the so called "Asiatics").

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
a third of the population according to UNESCO Conference presented in earlier post

You're full a sh!t, boy. Your own source
debunks you, as usual (we've already seen that
Brace, Irish and Holliday want nothing to do with
your claims). But, your previous phuckups aside,
where does the part come in that "30% negroid"
necessarily invokes the True Negro or a non-
northeast African type for you to say that your
citation is in conflict with the 2% W/C African
my citation mentions?

It is to be noted, first, that these results
are not unanimously acceptedeven by anthropologists
(Keith, 1905, p. 295; Zaborowski-Moindron, 1898,
p. 597-611) and, secondly, that the word 'Negroid'
is ambiguous. Anthropologists frequently draw a
distinction between it and the word 'Negro',
without,
however, going into further details of its characteristics.

Oh, I get it. Is this is the part where you run
away from my post, hide a couple of days and then
come back to act like nothing just happened and
where you continue to promote the same crap which
your own sources distance themselves from?

[Roll Eyes]

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com