EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Should he forsake his family who reject the Sunnah? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Should he forsake his family who reject the Sunnah?
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question:
If a person's family rejects the necessity of following anything that's in hadeeth at all, and says you can follow only the Qur'an, can you give them salaams and say "Eid Mubarak" to them to reduce fitnah and not make them upset?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Every Muslim has to believe in all the ahaadeeth of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – if they are saheeh – and not reject any of them, because his ahaadeeth and his Sunnah are revelation (wahy) from Allaah. Whoever rejects the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has rejected revelation from Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).

Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

It is only a Revelation revealed.

He has been taught (this Qur’aan) by one mighty in power [Jibreel (Gabriel)].

One free from any defect in body and mind then he (Jibreel — Gabriel in his real shape as created by Allaah) rose and became stable”

[al-Najm 53:1-6]

Allaah has commanded the people to obey His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He has enjoined this in many verses of the Qur’aan, of which we will quote some. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allaah and the Messenger (Muhammad).” But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:32]

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them”

[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”

[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

“And perform As‑Salaah (Iqaamat‑as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad) that you may receive mercy (from Allaah)”
[al-Noor 24:56]

And there are many similar verses.

The one who rejects the Sunnah is a kaafir and an apostate.

Al-Suyooti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his essay Miftaah al-Jannah fi Ihtijaaj bi’l-Sunnah:

Note that whoever denies that the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), whether it describes his words or deeds, so long as it meets the conditions outlined by the scholars, may be quoted as evidence, is a kaafir and has gone beyond the pale of Islam; he will be gathered with the Jews and the Christians or whomever Allaah wills among the kaafir sects [i.e., on the Day of Resurrection].

Those who want to restrict themselves to the Qur’aan only are called al-Qur’aaniyyoon. This view of theirs is an old view which the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against in more than one hadeeth, as we shall see below. Among the soundest evidence that this view is false is the fact that those who say this do not really follow what they say.

How do these people pray? How many times do they pray each day and night? What are the conditions and details of zakaah? What is the nisaab (threshold of wealth) for paying zakaah? What is the amount that must be paid? How do they do Hajj and ‘Umrah? How many times do they circumambulate the Ka’bah? How many times do they go back and forth between al-Safa and al-Marwah?

There are many other issues the details of which are not narrated in the Qur’aan, rather they are mentioned in the Qur’aan in general terms, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained them in detail in his Sunnah.

Would these people refrain from acting upon these rulings because they are not narrated in the Qur’aan?

If their answer is yes, then they have passed judgement against themselves that they are kaafirs, because they have denied a basic principle of Islam that no Muslim has any excuse for not knowing and on which there is unanimous consensus among the Muslims.

If they reply that they do not refrain from following these rulings, then they have demonstrated that their view is false.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said – after quoting the verses that enjoin following the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) –

These texts enjoin following the Messenger even if we do not find what he said specifically referred to in the texts of the Qur’aan. These verses also enjoin following the Qur’aan even if we do not find what is said in the Qur’aan specifically mentioned in the hadeeth of the Messenger.

So we must follow the Qur’aan and we must follow the Messenger. Following the one implies following the other, for the Messenger conveyed the Book, and the Book commands us to follow the Messenger. The Book and the Messenger do not contradict one another at all, just as the Book does not contradict itself. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely, have found therein many a contradiction”

[al-Nisa’ 4:82]

And there are many ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which state that it is obligatory to follow the Qur’aan and that it is obligatory to follow his Sunnah, for example, the hadeeth in which he said: “I do not want to find any one of you reclining on his pillow, and when he hears of something that I have commanded or forbidden, he says, ‘Between us and you there stands this Qur’aan, whatever we find is permissible in it we will take as permissible, and whatever we find is forbidden in it we will take as forbidden.’ For I have been given the Book and something like it with it; it is like the Qur’aan or more.” This hadeeth is narrated in the books of Sunan and Musnad from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with a number of isnads from Abu Tha’labah, Abu Raafi’, Abu Hurayrah and others.

In Saheeh Muslim is it narrated from Jaabir that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon: “I am leaving behind among you something which, if you adhere to it, you will not go astray after that. It is the Book of Allaah.” The version narrated by al-Haakim says “The Book of Allaah and my Sunnah.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2937).

In al-Saheeh it is narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Awfa that it was said to him: Did the Messenger of Allaah leave a will? He said, No. It was said, How then is it prescribed for people to make wills when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not make a will? He said, He made a will in which he enjoined (adherence to) the Book of Allaah.

(Narrated by Muslim, 1634)

The Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah explains the Qur’aan, as it explains the number of prayers, how much should be recited in them, which should be recited out loud and which quietly. It also explains the amounts of zakaah to be paid and the threshold at which zakaah becomes due; the rituals of Hajj and ‘Umrah; how many times one should circumambulate the Ka’bah, go between al-Safa and al-Marwah and stone the Jamaraat, etc.

When any Sunnah is proven to be saheeh, the Muslims are agreed that it is obligatory to follow it. There may be something in the Sunnah which a person thinks appears to go against the apparent meaning of the Qur’aan and add to it, such as the Sunnah which explains the threshold of stealing at which the hadd punishment becomes due, and the Sunnah which stipulates that the married adulterer is to be stoned. This Sunnah must also be followed, according to the view of the Sahaabah and those who followed them in truth, and all the groups of Muslims.

Adapted from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/84-86

That which was brought by the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is true just as the Qur’aan is true.

Secondly:

You should not forsake your family; rather you should treat them kindly and strive to call them to follow and accept the Sunnah.

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided”

[al-Nahl 16:125]

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination.

But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do”

[Luqmaan 31:14-15]

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sultan, have you already discovered this? I'm sure it will give you countless ideas for new cut-and-pastes.

Combat Kit To Use Against the "Quran Only" Muslims

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Thank you
Good luck

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sultan.org(In Makka ):

There are many other issues the details of which are not narrated in the Qur’aan

Shall I seek other than God as a judge when He has sent down to you this Scripture fully detailed? Those to whom We have given the Scripture know it is sent down from your Lord with truth; so do not be of those who have doubt.
[6:114]

In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not fabricated Hadith; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe.
[12:111]  

A scripture whose verses provide the complete details, in an Arabic Quran, for people who know.
[41:3]  

And there is no creature on the earth, nor a bird flying with its two wings, but they are communities like you; We have not neglected anything in the Book; then to their Lord they shall be mustered.
[6:38]

The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.
[6:115]

We have cited in this Quran every kind of example, but the human being is the most argumentative creature.
[18:54]  

Say, "If the ocean were ink for the words of my Lord, the ocean would run out, before the words of my Lord run out, even if we double the ink supply."
[18:109]  

If all the trees on earth were made into pens, and the ocean supplied the ink, augmented by seven more oceans, the words of GOD would not run out. GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.
[31:27]  

And is it not enough for them that We have sent down to thee the Book which is rehearsed to them? Verily in it is Mercy and Reminder to those who believe. 
[29:51]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided”

YUSUFALI: Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

there is a difference in your verse and mine, I have put in bold.

Firstly this alters the meaning of the verse, the added bit

and secondly, what do you mean by Devine revelation AND the Quran??

The Devine Revelation IS Quran. I am having trouble expressing what I want to say to you here, how dare you? How dare you add words that make insinuations that there was a devine revelation given to Muhammed OTHER than Quran when as Dalia has clearly shown Quran speaks of this itself!!! Fully detailed, nothing neglected and YOU want me to believe the devine revelation was something else?? something not written, collected or passed on during the life of Muhammed when all he did was pass on Quran, thats all he was required to do, pass on the message.

sultan i am so angry i cant express myself, i could spit, i better shut up [Mad]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

there is a difference in your verse and mine, I have put in bold.

this alters the meaning of the verse, the added bit

Interesting!

The word used in the Arabic version of this verse is hekma (7ekma). According to my, admittedly very limited, knowledge of Classical Arabic it comes from the root "ha-ka-ma" and is the plural of "hekam", which means "wisdom, intelligence, philosophy" etc. A "hakem", for example, is a wise person, a philosopher, doctor and so on.

Interpreting this word to mean "divine revelation and the Qur'an" does not seem to make any sense at all. [Confused]

As I said, I don't know Arabic well, so if there's a mistake in what I just wrote I'd appreciate input from native speakers.

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

[URL=http://www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/combat_kit_for_muslims.htm

thumb up [Big Grin]
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know how to pray using the Quran alone?

The quran repeatedly mentions the word worship. The definition of worship is here

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worship

note: honor, venerate, revere, adore, glorify, idolize, adulate.

Nowhere in this definition does it mention pray.
That is because worship and prayer are not the same thing

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pray

So the Quran tells us to WORSHIP.
You can pray to something that you worship, but you would not pray to money would you?
Therefore if God repeatedly tells us to worship it means worship!! it is that simple.
Praying is another thing altogether.

How do you know how much Zakaah to pay using the Quran alone?

Okay so that means that every moslem pays exactly this?
No!!!! what about children, invalids, the poor. orphans............it is not set in stone is it?

Hadn't the Quran been reached to us from the same sources we received our authentic hadith?

No Quran is divine revelation from God and Gabriel.
Hadith is heresay. Remember 700.000 hadith were wittled down to 1% which were reliable!!!! What was the percentage of Quran which was wittled down?

Why would Allah preserve the Quran and not preserve the meaning?

Is the Quran so hard to understand for moslems? Is it really a puzzle? that has to have 1% heresay explain it, and which at times contradicts it?
Seriously is Allah concerned if we breathe into a glass whilst drinking for it ( hadith)?

How much is the Jizyah that the People of the Book have to pay?
Where is the treasury, the accounts, the statements from their bank accounts? How many christians and jews pay in egypt?

Does the Quran say that cross dressing is haram?

Define cross dressing?
Male moslems wear galabeya!! , head scarves, this would be considered female dress in many western countries. Female moslems wear trousers, shirts, teeshirts, jeans etc. Does that make them cross dressers?
Most moslem women wear 'plenty' make up, is that not haram?
They all use soaps, moisturizers, perfumes.
So define cross dressing in the context of the Quran.

The Quran says that men could beat up their wives. But we know according to hadith that this is a spiritual beating and not a harmful physical. What is to stop a man from misinterpreting the Quran and beating the hell out of his wife?
Untrue!!!! Hadith says you can beat lightly with a stick!!!
This is not spiritual!! even if it is with a toothpick and it touches the other person constitutes physical!
Spiritual does not involve the sensation of touch

phys·i·cal (fĭz'ĭ-kəl) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Of or relating to the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit. See Synonyms at bodily.
2. Involving or characterized by vigorous bodily activity: a physical dance performance.
3. Slang Involving or characterized by violence: "A real cop would get physical" (TV Guide).

Is it permissible for a man to look at a naked man?

Yes!!! it is!!
All over the world men look at naked men!
In doctors surgeries and hospitals all over the world. Literally look at them!
Should we take it that this should stop?

Now looking at a naked man with lust is something very different!

Can I pray Salaah naked?

Yes, you can pray salh any way you please as if you were naked in the middle of the desert, or boat in an ocean where you would not offend anyone then I am pretty sure that Allah would accept that prayer. You are of course praying to him and that is really what matters, not how, or where you do it.

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that Egypt pop: 98% moslem is an islamic society?
Do you think that the citizens follow the Quran and its message?

or do you think that the 98% do follow the ritual ( hadith)?

If you think that they follow the Quran you would find that you have a society with no corruption, no theft, no sexualization, with respect for women and men, a caring nurturing community, bent on giving each other their rights, caring for animals and property, clean, respectable hard working honest people.

Do you recognise Egypt in the above? are you picturing Cairo in your head?

I doubt it.
You have a society with 98% moslems, a mosque on every corner, men dropping to their knees in the streets in prayer, attending friday prayer, but the moment the ( hadith taught and enlightened) prayer ritual is over, is a self centered, greedy, rude, vain, corrupt nation, lacking in basic manners who can recite the Quran perfectly but have no idea of what the words actually mean.

Now take the quran alone, follow it, forget the recitation and singing and playing of surah's on the tape recorder and get an idea of its message and apply it.

That my friend is very simple to do.

Its not about how many rakas you do.

Its about humanity and realising that at the end of the day your actions will determine your key to the gates of paradise.
We dont need a further 1% heresay to explain the 10 commandments.
If you can tie your shoe laces, you can understand the Quran.

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by necromancer:
Do you think that Egypt pop: 98% moslem is an islamic society?
Do you think that the citizens follow the Quran and its message?

or do you think that the 98% do follow the ritual ( hadith)?

If you think that they follow the Quran you would find that you have a society with no corruption, no theft, no sexualization, with respect for women and men, a caring nurturing community, bent on giving each other their rights, caring for animals and property, clean, respectable hard working honest people.

Do you recognise Egypt in the above? are you picturing Cairo in your head?

I doubt it.
You have a society with 98% moslems, a mosque on every corner, men dropping to their knees in the streets in prayer, attending friday prayer, but the moment the ( hadith taught and enlightened) prayer ritual is over, is a self centered, greedy, rude, vain, corrupt nation, lacking in basic manners who can recite the Quran perfectly but have no idea of what the words actually mean.

Now take the quran alone, follow it, forget the recitation and singing and playing of surah's on the tape recorder and get an idea of its message and apply it.

That my friend is very simple to do.

Its not about how many rakas you do.

Its about humanity and realising that at the end of the day your actions will determine your key to the gates of paradise.
We dont need a further 1% heresay to explain the 10 commandments.
If you can tie your shoe laces, you can understand the Quran.

I appreciate your post! You said everything I believe.
Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Thank you humanist.
I think that any one capable of thought, of analysing these hadith, of being able to separate religion form culture would agree to.
But unfortunately moslems are encouraged not to think or to question.
That is their downfall and that is why they are behind other nations.
That is why it is impossible to trust in Egypt. Trust does not exist. Lying is commonplace, accepted even.
That is why every movement of any stranger in your home has to be watched, why no one trusts anyone.

Tell me Mr Sultan

Why is it that most egyptians are walking about with both hands when the punishment for theft is cutting of the hand?
I would expect a nation of limbless tongueless citizens. If the tongue was to be cut out for lying.

[Roll Eyes]

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quran

4-113 Had not the Grace of Allah and His Mercy been upon you (O Muhammad SAW), a party of them would certainly have made a decision to mislead you, but (in fact) they mislead none except their own selves, and no harm can they do to you in the least. Allah has sent down to you the Book (The Quran), and AlHikmah (Islamic laws, knowledge of legal and illegal things i.e. the Prophets Sunnah - legal ways), and taught you that which you knew not. And Ever Great is the Grace of Allah unto you (O Muhammad SAW).
mohsin khan

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Please see my post above and explain to me why you translate "hekma" as "the prophet's sunna"? Isn't that a particular interpretation rather than a translation?

[Confused]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
batman what sura is that please?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The word used in the Arabic version of this verse is hekma (7ekma). According to my, admittedly very limited, knowledge of Classical Arabic it comes from the root "ha-ka-ma" and is the plural of "hekam", which means "wisdom, intelligence, philosophy" etc. A "hakem", for example, is a wise person, a philosopher, doctor and so on.

يحكم means to judge
حكمة judgement by wisedom and in the quraaan means Sunna

quote:
batman what sura is that please?
alnisaa
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Batman, non-stop, righteous machine:
حكمة in the quraaan means Sunna

Where does this come from? Is that a commonly agreed upon translation among native Arab speakers? Would it be listed like that in most Arabic -- Arabic dictionaries? Why does my dictionary have more than a whole page of translations relating to the root ha-ka-ma / حكم but doesn't list this one?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
as sunnah is an Arabic word if Allah had MEANT sunnah there instead of hekma he would have said it, so you are correcting Allah batman??

--------------------

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
The verse is refering that Alhikmah is sent with Quran. If AlHikmah is not the prophet Sunna, what will it be?
It doesn't need translation or dictionaries. It only needs only thinking and contemplating.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

If AlHikmah is not the prophet Sunna, what will it be?

Well, it could be exactly what it appears to be at first sight, for example "wisdom" -- which seems to be the most common translation anyway:

But for the Grace of Allah to thee and his Mercy, a party of them would certainly have plotted to lead thee astray. But (in fact) they will only Lead their own souls astray, and to thee they can do no harm in the least. For Allah hath sent down to thee the Book and wisdom and taught thee what thou Knewest not (before): And great is the Grace of Allah unto thee.

But for the grace of Allah upon thee (Muhammad), and His mercy, a party of them had resolved to mislead thee, but they will mislead only themselves and they will hurt thee not at all. Allah revealeth unto thee the Scripture and wisdom, and teacheth thee that which thou knewest not. The grace of Allah toward thee hath been infinite.

And were it not for Allah's grace upon you and His mercy a party of them had certainly designed to bring you to perdition and they do not bring (aught) to perdition but their own souls, and they shall not harm you in any way, and Allah has revealed to you the Book and the wisdom, and He has taught you what you did not know, and Allah's grace on you is very great.

And had it not been for God's favor upon you and His mercy, when a group of them were insistent on misguiding you; they would not have misguided except themselves, nor would they harm you in anything. And God has sent down to you the Scripture and the wisdom, and He has taught you that which you did not know. God's grace upon you is great.

If it were not for GOD's grace towards you, and His mercy, some of them would have misled you. They only mislead themselves, and they can never harm you in the least. GOD has sent down to you the scripture and wisdom, and He has taught you what you never knew. Indeed, GOD's blessings upon you have been great.

Were it not for God's bounty upon you and for His Mercy, a party of them would have certainly plotted to lead you astray, but they led only themselves astray, and they shall not harm you in the least, and God has revealed to you the book and the wisdom, and taught you that which you didn't know, and God's bounty to you is great.

quote:

It doesn't need translation or dictionaries. It only needs only thinking and contemplating.

Well, if I think and contemplate on the verses that contain the word "hekma" I don't see how it could mean "sunna". So what do we do now?

Also -- if we don't need translations or dictionaries, then how did you come up with "sunna" in the first place? I know you don't read Arabic, so obviously you must have formed your opinion after reading a translation or an interpretation, no? You certainly didn't arrive at that conclusion after thinking and contemplating about the original text!

Btw, I find it strange that none of the native Arabic speakers around here has been willing to answer my questions which were serious.

[Confused]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
The verse is refering that Alhikmah is sent with Quran. If AlHikmah is not the prophet Sunna, what will it be?

this contradicts everything you have previously said about how we DO need hadith do interpret Quran!!

As I said before SUNNAH IS ARABIC, IF IT MEANT SUNNAH ALLAH WOULD HAVE PUT SUNNAH

why is it you all do not answer any questions??

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
as sunnah is an Arabic word if Allah had MEANT sunnah there instead of hekma he would have said it, so you are correcting Allah batman??

dudette
Quran is interpretted by arabic language the arabic language is describtive and metaphorically

the wisedom is a metaphor for Hadith. because Sunna is the wisedom of the prophet

Go figure [Razz]

humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go figure what? wake up! The Muslim world is in terrible shape because of people with YOUR MENTALITY...you and your type have sold out your religon and your people.

You'll find out one day that you had it all wrong.

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
you and your type have sold out your religon and your people.
You'll find out one day that you had it all wrong.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Confused]
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this contradicts everything you have previously said about how we DO need hadith do interpret Quran!!

This is the kind of stuff that confuses me Sultan. Want to explain?

I'm soooooooo confused. lol [Smile]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
quote:

Well, if I think and contemplate on the verses that contain the word "hekma" I don't see how it could mean "sunna". So what do we do now?

Also -- if we don't need translations or dictionaries, then how did you come up with "sunna" in the first place? I know you don't read Arabic, so obviously you must have formed your opinion after reading a translation or an interpretation, no? You certainly didn't arrive at that conclusion after thinking and contemplating about the original text!

Why aren't you answering the question, sultan? If you came up with your interpretation by thinking and contemplating, why can't you explain your thought process?

And please tell us which text exactly you contemplated on if you were not using a translation or a dictionary.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be refreshing to see Sultan attempt to answer questions posed by Ayisha and Dalia, in his own words, using his own thought processes rather than quoting acres of nonsense from idiotic websites.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Dalia, What "wisdom" did we get from God if it's not Sunna?

And had it not been for God's favor upon you and His mercy, when a group of them were insistent on misguiding you; they would not have misguided except themselves, nor would they harm you in anything. And God has sent down to you the Scripture and the wisdom, and He has taught you that which you did not know. God's grace upon you is great.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

حكمة in the quraaan means Sunna

the wisedom is a metaphor for Hadith. because Sunna is the wisedom of the prophet

Go figure [Razz]

Well, I did go and do a root search for hakama yesterday, and I came across several verses that use the word حكمة / hekma. I can see that -- if you're intent on doing so -- you might interpret *hekma* as *sunna* in particular verses where it's used in conjunction with Mohammed. However, the word is used throughout the Qur'an, and in some verses it would not make any sense at all to translate it as *hadith* or *sunna*. I think that makes your theory very unlikely.

Or do they envy mankind for what Allah hath given them of his bounty? but We had already given the people of Abraham the Book and Wisdom, and conferred upon them a great kingdom.
Am yahsudoona alnnasaAAala ma atahumu Allahu min fadlihifaqad atayna ala ibraheema alkitabawaalhikmata waataynahum mulkan AAatheeman
[4:54]

"And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel
WayuAAallimuhu alkitaba waalhikmatawaalttawrata waal-injeela
[3:48]

By Allah's will they routed them; and David slew Goliath; and Allah gave him power and wisdom and taught him whatever (else) He willed. And did not Allah Check one set of people by means of another, the earth would indeed be full of mischief: But Allah is full of bounty to all the worlds.
Fahazamoohum bi-ithni Allahiwaqatala dawoodu jaloota waatahu Allahualmulka waalhikmata waAAallamahu mimma yashaowalawla dafAAu Allahi alnnasa baAAdahumbibaAAdin lafasadati al-ardu walakinna Allahathoo fadlin AAala alAAalameena
[2:251]

We strengthened his kingdom, and gave him wisdom and sound judgment in speech and decision.
Washadadna mulkahu waataynahualhikmata wafasla alkhitabi
[38:20]
(This is referring to David.)

"This is what we rehearse unto thee of the Signs and the Message of Wisdom."
Thalika natloohu AAalayka mina al-ayatiwaalththikri alhakeemi
[3:58]

Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident
Ith qala Allahu yaAAeesa ibna maryama othkur niAAmatee AAalaykawaAAala walidatika ith ayyadtuka biroohialqudusi tukallimu alnnasa fee almahdi wakahlanwa-ith AAallamtuka alkitaba waalhikmatawaalttawrata waal-injeela wa-ithtakhluqu mina altteeni kahay-ati alttayribi-ithnee fatanfukhu feeha fatakoonu tayranbi-ithnee watubri-o al-akmaha waal-abrasabi-ithnee wa-ith tukhriju almawta bi-ithneewa-ith kafaftu banee isra-eela AAanka ithji/tahum bialbayyinati faqala allatheenakafaroo minhum in hatha illa sihrun mubeenun
[5:110]

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.magic.'
OdAAu ila sabeeli rabbika bialhikmatiwaalmawAAithati alhasanati wajadilhumbiallatee hiya ahsanu inna rabbaka huwa aAAlamubiman dalla AAan sabeelihi wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena
[16:125]

Mature wisdom; but (the preaching of) Warners profits them not.
Hikmatun balighatun famatughnee alnnuthuru
[54:5]

www.openburhan.com/ob_main_frame.html

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Allah said,

﴿فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِى شَىْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ﴾

((And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger). Mujahid and several others among the Salaf said that the Ayah means, "(Refer) to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger.'' This is a command from Allah that whatever areas the people dispute about, whether major or minor areas of the religion, they are required to refer to the Qur'an and Sunnah for judgment concerning these disputes.

59 O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

59 O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (SAW), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.

wat about this ya dahlia?

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
ayisha where r yaaaaaaaaa? [Confused]
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I pictured Batman calling for Ayisha like Rocky does for Adrienne in the original movie. 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadrienne'.
'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayisha'. [Razz]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
i'm here Batman, did you miss me? [Big Grin]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
quote:

I pictured Batman calling for Ayisha like Rocky does for Adrienne in the original movie. 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadrienne'.

i pictured u swya
lol

ayisha yes i missed u [Frown] u gave up ES-ing?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
no batman, im reading but am very busy these days and cant get enthusiastic about arguing with you and others like you, bit like banging your head against a wall really, its nice when you stop [Big Grin]

--------------------

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
no batman, im reading but am very busy these days and cant get enthusiastic about arguing with you and others like you, bit like banging your head against a wall really, its nice when you stop [Big Grin]

dudette u cant win arguemnt wiz cavemen/buttyman [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

dudette u cant win arguemnt wiz cavemen/buttyman [Wink]
exactly batman, no chance to win an arguement with someone who cant answer a simple question and has the brain of a neanderthal [Wink]
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
quote:

i pictured u swya
lol

ayisha yes i missed u [Frown] u gave up ES-ing?

Dude, have you been hacking my account and stealing my pic? [Eek!] [Big Grin] This is the second time that has happened recently. [Eek!] [Frown]

PS: LOL @ 'Buttyman' [Smile]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

Why aren't you answering the question, sultan? If you came up with your interpretation by thinking and contemplating, why can't you explain your thought process?

And please tell us which text exactly you contemplated on if you were not using a translation or a dictionary.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:

quote:

This is the kind of stuff that confuses me Sultan. Want to explain?

welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although it is a tricky matter to talk about, the following of Habit in Sahih Bukhari, and Muslim blandly is not a requirement for every Muslim, the article is attacking those who take Quran as their highest source of law, and accuse them of being quranyeen, and describe them with incomplete faith, is such ugly allegation someone have to respond to.
It is very strange to always hear someone Pushing some hadith on me, and forcing me top accept its interpretation according to a book written by a man, and telling me how dare you think twice about what the elders have already discussed before, , how dare you deny the power of Sahih muslim and Sahih bukhari, and furthermore, telling me HOW dare you reject the words of Prophet Mohamed,
I get this all the time, the words of prophet Mohamed are complementary to Quran, and as powerful as Quran itself, and the notion that those who rely on Quran solely do reject the hadith is very strange , as if all Muslims decide to remove the power of Quran and replace it with those 2 other books, or allege that the power of Quran can only be substantiated with those 2 man made books. Mumbling verses in Quran in my face REMINDING ME that prophet Mohamed “Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.
It is only a Revelation revealed. He has been taught (this Qur’an) by one mighty in power [Jibreel (Gabriel)].” [al-Najm 53:1-6] as if any one is denying that at all, if you USE your brain to think then you are not following the orders of Quran, just because some scholars have put an effort to collect hadith and make sure it is correct hadith , doesn’t mean that the book is bullet proof, it is still a man made book, and it is still human effort, I don’t recall any verse in Quran that promised us the correctness of the Sahih, either Bukhari or Muslim, with all respect for those 2 scholars and the great effort they have put to collect the hadith and remove all the bad hadith they found,
No doubt the method they have used to guarantee the correctness of those hadith, are sound and solid, and I have to respect and appreciate, but still the Sahih is only called sahih by other scholars, the prophet haven’t called it sahih, and Allah haven’t made it holly , and did not promises its preservation,

The [prophet have said “those who lie on my behalf should expect their seats in FIRE] if Bukhari and Muslim have absolutely succeeded in eliminating all the wrong hadith , this would make this habit I just mention, worthless, because there will be no lies told, the hadith was meant for all man kind in all ages, and for me that means that there will be always lies being told on the behalf of the prophet (PBUH)
He also said, “ if you ware told something on my behalf , examine it with Quran, if it differs from Quran, then through it out, because it isn’t coming from me“

Quran constantly reminds us the importance of thinking about the verses, within, and ordering us to go through it and analyze it,” these are verses for people who understand”, “these are verses for those with brains” “those are verses for people who always think”
ان في ذلك لايات لقوم يعقلون ....... ان في ذلك لايات لأولو الاباب, ان في ذلك لايات لقوم يتفكرون , الا فليتدبرون القران
Those are direct orders from Allah to use the brilliant gift he have bestowed upon us, not to put it aside and depend on what others have said, Quran never asked us to put logic aside and follow someone else’s logic,
The Sahihs and hadith books we can find in any book store have many things that my conscious cannot accept as the words of prophet Mohamed, therefore I have not only reject those hadith, but also be skeptical about any other hadith mentioned, unless it makes since to me,
For example,
Narrated Abu Huraira: "Abraham (A.I) did not tell a lie except on three occasions. [...] (Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.4, Hadith No 578, Translation by Dr. Muhsan Khan).
Wow, prophet Mohamed (PBUH) is calling prophet Abraham (PBUH)
Haven’t Quran told us about those prophet, and told us how they ware , how could I accept that the messenger of God is violating such a moral constraint such as lying, the teaching of Islam is all about being truthful with one self and with other, so how come the father of all prophets is not truthful ?
Haven’t Quran told us that all messengers are equal, and ofcourse if I accepted that prophet Ibrahim lied, then why not accept that prophet Moses commuted the mistake of murdering an innocent sole, and why not accept also that prophet yousif was about to commit adultery, prophet and why don’t I accept that prophet Mohamed was rude to the blind man,
Didn’t Quran told us about prophet Mohamed’s great manners,
And you are indeed with great superiour manners “ , انك لعلي خلق عظيم
And if you ware rude or thick hearted they would have walked away from you ان كت فظا غليظ القلب لانفضو من حولك
And we have sent you but a mercy for all man kind وما ارسلناك الا رحمة للعالمين
and in hadith itself, prophet Mohammed (PBUH) said “ My god have deepened, me and he deepened it well” ادبني ربي فاحسن تاديبي
how could I after all this accept the interpretation of Surah “abas” as an indication of prophet Mohamed bad manners, and how can I accept the hadith pf prophet Mohamed greeting the blind man with “Welcome to the man Allah have roughed me up about”

how can I accept the hadith that makes gold and silk unlawful to Men (AND MEN ONLY), and neglect Quran order to all Muslims to take their best garments to mosques,
Beautification and elegance are not merely permitted but are required by Islam, and in general it repudiates any attempts to prohibit them. Say: Who has forbidden the adornment of Allah which He has brought forth for His servants, and the good things of His providing? (7:32)
and the same verse that is disputing the unlawfulness of the good things Allah have created for us, and that those garments “zinah” was initially created for the sake of the believers and promises that it will be pure to us in heaven.
The verse following this one explains more, “ say that My lord have only made unlawful the evil deeds visible and invisible, and to say about Allah what you do not know of”
How can I accept the hadith of prophet muhamed “take your religion after this redfaced (aisha) “ خذو دينكم عن هذة الحميراء , or “talk half your relegon after this red faced”خذو نصف دينكم عن هذة الحميراء and neglect the hadith that sais “ no nation succeeds if they give their lead to a woman لا يفلح قوم ولو امرهم امراءة and how can I neglect that “they are in complete in mind and religion ناقصات عقل و دين

I can go on and on about Hadith that contradict other hadith , or hadith that even contradict Quran, it is only wise for any Muslim to be most careful when he accept a hadith as being sahih , and not follow others blindly just because someone have a refrence to hadith doesn’t make the hadith correct, specially if it conflict with Quran,

Those who follow blindly without thinking have been mentioned in Quran as those who said “this is how we found our parents”. Even qith quran , I will not take the interpretation of any one unless I thinkn about it first,
For Quranyoon the ultimate reference is the quaint text, the text is fixed, and interpretation isn’t , this is why Prophet Mohamed had his sunnah and hadith , not to COMPLETE what was missing in Quran, but to clarify it is simple manner for us,

Those who say the only way for Muslims to know how many prayers to pray a day, and how, and how much is zakah, could have not been found in Quran, forgetting one important verse in Quran, “ and we have not neglected a thing in the book” وما فرطنا في الكتاب من شيئ
And just because us as humans have limited knowledge, and very narrow understanding of Quran , and some of us insist of interpreting Quran word by word, and treating it only as a history book, and forget that Quran is a whole package is more than sufficient , neglecting that the key to interpret of one verse exist in another one, and that verses of Quran are all linked to each other,
This is why we needed someone to point out and clarify what we cannot understand on our own, NOT BECAUSE IT WAS NOT IN QURAN, we are just too blind to see it without help

Alott of this hadith has talked about the prophets and instead of helping us understand how important they ware not only in the past, but still to our own daily life, instead, we have accepted hadiths that defys the logic of quran, to be embedded with other hadith , and we have became accustome to accept anything when someone say oh it is in bukhari, bukhari and Muslim after all ware only an ordinary humans who tried their best, but they ware not perfect , and the book they wrote, are not a reference but only the result of their efforts, and nothing is protecting their books from being altered or changed , intentionally or unintentionally, it is very strange the flood of Hadith told in what is known to be sunnah and hadith sahih, narrated by Abu horaira, comparing to hadiths narrated by Omar, or abu bakr, who ware not only closer to prophet Mohamed, but even accompanied him much longer than the 4 years Abu Horayra was Muslim before the departure of prophet Mohamed,
If you think about it, carefully you would find that if all the hadith attributed to Abu horayra, give us one indication, that this man have not done anything in his life except resisting hadith, and wouldn’t have had enough time to drink eat pray or even sleep.
Peace be upon prophet Mohamed, and his companions.

Isn’t it strange that all the hadith we have in the 2 sahih, when talking about prophets, every single one of them have committed a sin ? someone would say yes of course because god want us all to know they ware only humans, no one noticed that among all those hadiths telling us about the sins and mistakes committed by the prophets, not a single one by Prophet Jesus ? , what should I conclude from that is he really God, or the son of god like the Christians claim? ,,, yes I think this is the aim of all those bad hadiths we unfortunately find in the habit, to trick Muslims into undo their belief, and imbed ideas that will ultimately negate anything else the do.
If Allah said prophets are al equal, then where is Jesse’s sin? Nothing? Then maybe Muslims should reconsider. And start worshiping the cross instead of Allah himself
I am sorry I cannot accept that, and will not, and the only way I can do that is disagree with any hadith about prophet Mohamed that he even hinted about another prophet committing a sin. Non of them could lie, no one would murder, and no one would even think or attempt commuting adultery, or steel someone else’s wife, or deceive, anyone, any hadith that humiliate insults or discredit a prophet, any hadith that would insult my intelegenc, and any hadith that contradict another hadith or Quran, even if this hadith was in sahih bukhari or muslim ,
I will not accept hadiths that describe the “Buraq“the legendary creature that carried the prophet in his Israel and me3rag and neglect the verse in Quran that said “his heart was not deceived in what he have saw” a clear indication that the event was not physical but spiritual and the journey was not with the body regardless what anyone say, and how many books, because Quran have solved it for me in one word,

I will not accept Hadith that describe the comic saga of a debate between prophet Mohamed and Moses bargaining with God about how many prayers a Muslim should pray a day, and how was it reduced from 50 to 40 then 30 till it became only 5, simply because there is a verse in Quran that orders Muslims, to comply with their orders and turn there back from the infidels, if God have given the prophet an order, he wouldn’t have questioned God, and he would have complied immediately, and prophet mosses wouldn’t have put himself in a situation when he would be the one who advice against complying with Allahs orders, sounds more to me like a story that comes from the old testament than something that prophet mosses and Mohamed do in the pretense of Allah .
Then

You call me Quraneyan as if it was something wrong; I am prude to be Quranee and take Quran as my ultimate source.
I am proud to have the ability to think before I follow, and not be lead with the flock as if I was a cow being led to its slaughter, I use the gift Allah have given me wisely, so the day of judgment he wouldn’t tell me why have you wasted the gift I have given you
Yes my Lord, I heard, and I thought about what I heard, and I believed in you, and Obeyed, not because I was told “it is so… and you have to comply without thinking”, but because I took a long pause, and gave it a lot of thought, and found it in my heart, that this is the truth, Yes My God I didn’t say Quran is the legends of the forefather, Yes God, I have examined all the evidence and signs, I could find with the nature you have given me, and yes it does match everything pure you have created. And yes, I will not waste the gift, and will not make someone else think for me, because I know you will judge me based on what is in my heart and mind, and no one will take the blame for my mistakes except me,.

--------------------
Waleed
Welsafty@hotmail.com

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
BRAVO MR WELSAFTY
BRAVO
[Wink]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Welsafty, what a wonderful post. I hope now this has come from a 'real muslim' some people will learn to think.

--------------------

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see any logical ground for those who reject the Sunnah to stand on but I do understand the frustration that made them go that way.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

why is it you all do not answer any questions??

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allah is kind, merciful and forgiving plus 96 other ‘characteristics’. If our Allah can be all these, then why can’t we too since we too are his creation? When we say Allah is kind, to whom is He kind? When we say merciful, to whom is He merciful? And the same goes for forgiving as well. Who do we forgive if not those who transgress? We do not forgive our friends or those who have done us no wrong. It is our enemies we forgive.

I would rather demonstrate what Islam stands for by practicing its tenets. And what better way to do this than to show compassion, forgiveness, mercy, and much more to those who we regard as having insulted Islam and our Prophet. That would be living testimony to the goodness of Islam, something no one, even how critical they may be of Islam, would be able to dispute or deny. But then, as I said, I am the minority view here. Or am I?
but im too IMPERFECT ,AND YOU TOO IMPERFECT .
but we do pay for mistakes as we live or even in death to kill a unborn child is murder she /or he will present themselves to you on the day of judgement .what do we do then how do we or them come to terms ir prepare themselves what part of the quran we take from that or read this im look a lot to understand if in bad health or life threatingning which term this would come under or even in RAPE .JUST ASKING
ANY ONE KNOW WHICH SUNNAH YOU WOULD READ
WELSAFTY HAD IT RIGHT IN ONE AREA ....

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one asked me any questions as far as I remember
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question:
If a person's family rejects the necessity of following anything that's in hadeeth at all, and says you can follow only the Qur'an, can you give them salaams and say "Eid Mubarak" to them to reduce fitnah and not make them upset?.
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Every Muslim has to believe in all the ahaadeeth of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – if they are saheeh – and not reject any of them, because his ahaadeeth and his Sunnah are revelation (wahy) from Allaah. Whoever rejects the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has rejected revelation from Allaah.

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).

Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

It is only a Revelation revealed.

He has been taught (this Qur’aan) by one mighty in power [Jibreel (Gabriel)].

One free from any defect in body and mind then he (Jibreel — Gabriel in his real shape as created by Allaah) rose and became stable”

[al-Najm 53:1-6]

Allaah has commanded the people to obey His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He has enjoined this in many verses of the Qur’aan, of which we will quote some. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allaah and the Messenger (Muhammad).” But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:32]

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them”

[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”

[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

“And perform As‑Salaah (Iqaamat‑as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad) that you may receive mercy (from Allaah)”
[al-Noor 24:56]

And there are many similar verses.

The one who rejects the Sunnah is a kaafir and an apostate.

Al-Suyooti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his essay Miftaah al-Jannah fi Ihtijaaj bi’l-Sunnah:

Note that whoever denies that the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), whether it describes his words or deeds, so long as it meets the conditions outlined by the scholars, may be quoted as evidence, is a kaafir and has gone beyond the pale of Islam; he will be gathered with the Jews and the Christians or whomever Allaah wills among the kaafir sects [i.e., on the Day of Resurrection].

Those who want to restrict themselves to the Qur’aan only are called al-Qur’aaniyyoon. This view of theirs is an old view which the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against in more than one hadeeth, as we shall see below. Among the soundest evidence that this view is false is the fact that those who say this do not really follow what they say.

How do these people pray? How many times do they pray each day and night? What are the conditions and details of zakaah? What is the nisaab (threshold of wealth) for paying zakaah? What is the amount that must be paid? How do they do Hajj and ‘Umrah? How many times do they circumambulate the Ka’bah? How many times do they go back and forth between al-Safa and al-Marwah?

There are many other issues the details of which are not narrated in the Qur’aan, rather they are mentioned in the Qur’aan in general terms, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained them in detail in his Sunnah.

Would these people refrain from acting upon these rulings because they are not narrated in the Qur’aan?

If their answer is yes, then they have passed judgement against themselves that they are kaafirs, because they have denied a basic principle of Islam that no Muslim has any excuse for not knowing and on which there is unanimous consensus among the Muslims.

If they reply that they do not refrain from following these rulings, then they have demonstrated that their view is false.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said – after quoting the verses that enjoin following the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) –

These texts enjoin following the Messenger even if we do not find what he said specifically referred to in the texts of the Qur’aan. These verses also enjoin following the Qur’aan even if we do not find what is said in the Qur’aan specifically mentioned in the hadeeth of the Messenger.

So we must follow the Qur’aan and we must follow the Messenger. Following the one implies following the other, for the Messenger conveyed the Book, and the Book commands us to follow the Messenger. The Book and the Messenger do not contradict one another at all, just as the Book does not contradict itself. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely, have found therein many a contradiction”

[al-Nisa’ 4:82]

And there are many ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which state that it is obligatory to follow the Qur’aan and that it is obligatory to follow his Sunnah, for example, the hadeeth in which he said: “I do not want to find any one of you reclining on his pillow, and when he hears of something that I have commanded or forbidden, he says, ‘Between us and you there stands this Qur’aan, whatever we find is permissible in it we will take as permissible, and whatever we find is forbidden in it we will take as forbidden.’ For I have been given the Book and something like it with it; it is like the Qur’aan or more.” This hadeeth is narrated in the books of Sunan and Musnad from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with a number of isnads from Abu Tha’labah, Abu Raafi’, Abu Hurayrah and others.

In Saheeh Muslim is it narrated from Jaabir that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon: “I am leaving behind among you something which, if you adhere to it, you will not go astray after that. It is the Book of Allaah.” The version narrated by al-Haakim says “The Book of Allaah and my Sunnah.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2937).

In al-Saheeh it is narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Awfa that it was said to him: Did the Messenger of Allaah leave a will? He said, No. It was said, How then is it prescribed for people to make wills when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not make a will? He said, He made a will in which he enjoined (adherence to) the Book of Allaah.

(Narrated by Muslim, 1634)

The Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah explains the Qur’aan, as it explains the number of prayers, how much should be recited in them, which should be recited out loud and which quietly. It also explains the amounts of zakaah to be paid and the threshold at which zakaah becomes due; the rituals of Hajj and ‘Umrah; how many times one should circumambulate the Ka’bah, go between al-Safa and al-Marwah and stone the Jamaraat, etc.

When any Sunnah is proven to be saheeh, the Muslims are agreed that it is obligatory to follow it. There may be something in the Sunnah which a person thinks appears to go against the apparent meaning of the Qur’aan and add to it, such as the Sunnah which explains the threshold of stealing at which the hadd punishment becomes due, and the Sunnah which stipulates that the married adulterer is to be stoned. This Sunnah must also be followed, according to the view of the Sahaabah and those who followed them in truth, and all the groups of Muslims.

Adapted from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/84-86

That which was brought by the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is true just as the Qur’aan is true.

Secondly:

You should not forsake your family; rather you should treat them kindly and strive to call them to follow and accept the Sunnah.

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination.

But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do”

[Luqmaan 31:14-15]

And Allaah knows best.

found that helpful

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
My thinking
1- I think on the verse and I see it's sunna
2- I find no contradiction with my own thinking and religion Texts. This is very important step.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
My thinking
1- I think on the verse and I see it's sunna

can you explain this please sultan? 'I see its sunna' do you mean you read the verse then have to find various hadith to back it up or explain it to you, as you have previously said hadith is where you get sunna from.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com