EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » EGYPTIAN JEWS............. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: EGYPTIAN JEWS.............
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time i come to egypt,i askED people where are the jews of egypt and iam told they were kicked out because one or two of them was involved in cladestine work against the goverment,but when i point out that not all egyptian jews were guilty and it wasnt just unfair to kick them out but inhumane too,i get very strange looks,am i the only one who beleives that egyptian jews have a right to return to egypt???Or maybe local egyptians fear competion??pls share your deep thoughts with me.
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They let them return, they'll end up doing what they are doing to America.
Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what have the jews done to america?or shoulsd i say done FOR america?
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi maxman!! [Smile]

There are still a few Jews left in Egypt:

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/5855/bassai.htm

January 2008
Second Exodus
http://www.egypttoday.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=7803

May 2005
The Guardian
http://www.egypttoday.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=5035

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maxman, What are Jews supposed to do FOR America? They have been good loyal citizens, that is all we expect from anyone.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe they were kicked out during the time of Nasser.
There were a couple of pretty serious bombing attempts in Alex in the 60's [?] but I think the perps were sent from Israel. They got caught, luckily, the intention was to target Brits and blame it on Egyptians.
Some areas of Alex had large jewish communities, I have spoken with many residents and they are remembered with a certain fondness [good businessmen, fair employers etc]
Quite a few elderly jewish people incare omes i think.
Don't think they have much trouble here, it's ISRAEL people HATE, NOT jews. get it?
The only close encounter i had with jews here was a very Manhattan couple a few years ago who asked me for directions. I accidentally told them the place they were looking for was 'a stone's throw from the jewish temple' oops.
as for 'clandestine work against the government' - the USA is regularly spied on by Israel, no other country comes close! But not just jews mostly, ISRAELIS.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
maxman, What are Jews supposed to do FOR America? They have been good loyal citizens, that is all we expect from anyone.

LOL

Illiteracy as usual.

Attack on USS Liberty, Jonathan Pollard and others cases concerning Israeli espionage. Even your brethrens in the Klan know this.

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,i for one would love Egyptian jews return to their homeland it is their fundermental human right,but i doubt wether egyptians can face competion,the jews would boost the economy,and maybe bring some good alongBut then again who am i to suggest?

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
Well,i for one would love Egyptian jews return to their homeland it is their fundermental human right,but i doubt wether egyptians can face competion,the jews would boost the economy,and maybe bring some good alongBut then again who am i to suggest?

You are right on mark here, max. Egypt truly looked different before the revolution in '52 where all the foreigners - incl. the many Jews - were kicked out.

Perhaps you would also find interest in reading the following book:

http://www.lostworldofegyptianjews.com/index.html

Btw, nice to see you back again on here.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Hi tiger,
Nice to see you too!Well,btw ,it will never happen,that The Egyptian goverment will allow Egyptian jews to return,maybe those expelled could demand compensation,i dont know the proper protocol in this case,but we would have a proper multi culture and multi religion,and egypt could be great again,instead of the monolithic and boring society we are in! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too support the returns of the Jews to Egypt!
I only wonder which country would they be loyal to, Egypt or Israel?

--------------------
"Behind every great fortune,there is a crime!"
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only one way to find out,Eh? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would they be allowed to sell remote helicopter toys in city stars mall? [Big Grin] just kidding!!
Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
What i would like to see,is how egyptian businessmen&women compete with our half brothers!am sure sparks would fly [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
That would be fun to see, i really don't see something like this can pass with how our parliament is running lately!

--------------------
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
I tottaly agree,maybe we could have a jewish speaker [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Yea, why not? [Smile]

--------------------
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya Cairo needs some good bagels and wig shops, BRING BACK THE JEWS !!

--------------------
BLAME CANADA

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One time i come to Egypt,i asked people where are the Jews of Egypt and aim told they were kicked out because one or two of them was involved in cladestine work against the goverment,but when i point out that not all egyptian Jews were guilty and it wasnt just unfair to kick them out but inhumane too,i get very strange looks,am i the only one who beleives that egyptian Jews have a right to return to Egypt???Or maybe local egyptians fear competion??pls share your deep thoughts with me.

Actually there are still some Jews in Egypt.
You must know that Jews in Egypt played key roles in the Economy before 1952 for example Omar Afandi shops,Sidnawy shops,all huge names which still exist today belong to the Jews.
But after the assault on Egypt in 1956 ,Jamal Abdel-Nasser kicked a some of them out of Egypt,and then after the severe attack in 1976 ,perhaps 99% of them were kicked off because they showed some support to Israel.
Recently,the issue floated to surface because some of the est Jews (and some Egyptians working in Taba) were married to Israeli women,which despite the Peace agreement between us is not welcomed in the society and exposes the National security to dangers(indeed most of the spies are Egyptians married to Israelis or have Israeli girlfriends)
Jews in Egypt show a lot of sympathy to Israel,so shall keep them or deliver them to their beloved country Israel?!

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ** Ahmad**:

Recently,the issue floated to surface because some of the est Jews (and some Egyptians working in Taba) were married to Israeli women,which despite the Peace agreement between us is not welcomed in the society and exposes the National security to dangers(indeed most of the spies are Egyptians married to Israelis or have Israeli girlfriends)

Aren't these men losing their Egyptian citizenship as we speak??
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Aren't these men losing their Egyptian citizenship as we speak??
they already lost it!!!(the law that deprives them from their citizenship was a week ago)
Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the update.
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the jews would boost the economy,and maybe bring some good alongBut then again who am i to suggest?

That's just dumb.
Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by current:
quote:
the jews would boost the economy,and maybe bring some good alongBut then again who am i to suggest?

That's just dumb.
And why is that dumb?pls inform us.thx
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's just dumb.
because this means that Muslims and Coptics can't make progress in this country which is an apparent accusation that they are retarded people.
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's just dumb.
because this means that Muslims and Coptics can't make progress in this country which is an apparent accusation that they are retarded people.
And.... what does religious affiliation has to do with being financially successful or savvy?
Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
current
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
signs
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
ahmad,if you dontknow what to say,then i suggest you just listen.thank you

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
quote:
signs

Who's posting these things? [Confused]
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on we all know that Jews are so clever with money, they are stingy and conniving etc.... [Big Grin]

Can't believe these stereotypes still linger on...

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:

sorry max I just got confused with your post with another in another thread(As I use tabbed browsing),sorry agin did not mean it.
but I do not think they would boost the economy,nor they will bring any good thing

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

sorry max I just got confused with your post with another in another thread(As I use tabbed browsing),sorry agin did not mean it.
but I do not think they would boost the economy,nor they will bring any good thing

Maybe they could say the same about you,ahmad,one word of advice to all of you out there,NEVER Judge anyone before you put yourselfs in their shoes,i have travelled round the world,and although i was born in egypt,i find a lot of egyptians(Not all of course)Very backward and primtive when it comes to tolerance,and the funny thing is is that they are supposed to be muslims,a wonderful religion that spreads peace and tolerance but it isnt practised by most muslims especially arabs!may allah save us from such fellows!
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe they could say the same about you,ahmad,one word of advice to all of you out there,NEVER Judge anyone before you put yourselfs in their shoes,i have travelled round the world,and although i was born in egypt,i find a lot of egyptians(Not all of course)Very backward and primtive when it comes to tolerance,and the funny thing is is that they are supposed to be muslims,a wonderful religion that spreads peace and tolerance but it isnt practised by most muslims especially arabs!may allah save us from such fellows!
I don't think you yourself are clear on what you want to say. You're all over the place with "Jews will boost the economy" then "Jews are more tolerant". None of that have any basis in reality.
And if I may say, just pure idiotic [Roll Eyes]

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think you yourself are clear on what you want to say. You're all over the place with "Jews will boost the economy" then "Jews are more tolerant". None of that have any basis in reality.

current,you are entitelled to your own opinion,however perverse it may be,what reality are you talkin about?from what experience to base your opnion or what criteria have you observed?iam sorry but it seems clear you have nothing constructive to offer.thank you
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

current,you are entitelled to your own opinion,however perverse it may be,what reality are you talkin about?from what experience to base your opnion or what criteria have you observed?iam sorry but it seems clear you have nothing constructive to offer.thank you
Observed what? Jews being tolerant or good for the economy? No I have not.
I have Jews friends who can hardly make ends meet.
They are no different than Moslems or Christians.
You're calling Egyptian backwards without defining what that means to you. What, they have no respect for traffic laws? They throw garbage on the street? Sure, but what would an Egyptian Jew do, he would be doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with religion.

Like I said, you don't know what you want to say and that's why you're not making sense.

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
An Egyptian is an egyptian,my friend,whether he is black,white,wheatish,muslim.xtian,jew,etc.if this doesnt make sense to you,then pls forgive me.ok?
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
quote:
An Egyptian is an egyptian,my friend,whether he is black,white,wheatish,muslim.xtian,jew,etc.if this doesnt make sense to you,then pls forgive me.ok?

Well then in that case what does being a Jew or Arab Moslem has to do anything?

Let me as you a very straight forward question, do you consume drugs?

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Current, iam sorry i argued with a primitive&backward person.i wont bother you again.goodbye [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
quote:
Current, iam sorry i argued with a primitive&backward person.i wont bother you again.goodbye [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

quote:
i find a lot of egyptians(Not all of course)Very backward and primtive

You're a parrot with nothing of value to say.
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Going back to our original debate,lets vote on one thing,is it a human right for egyptian jews and their decentants to return home or not?thx.
Warren Buffet
Member # 16750

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warren Buffet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since most of the Jews kicked out of Egypt went to live in their 'homeland', whilst I agree they have a 'right of return' that phrase makes me uncomfortable in this case.
maybe a bit of parity needs to be applied.

Posts: 14 | From: alex | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Oh,Why The discomfort?Cheers!

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Warren Buffet
Member # 16750

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warren Buffet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't discuss the 'I' place, it makes my computer crash. [Eek!]
Posts: 14 | From: alex | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Warren Buffet:
I can't discuss the 'I' place, it makes my computer crash. [Eek!]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Arabnationalist
Member # 16914

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arabnationalist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maxman,

What about the Palestinians who live in camps not fit for humans. The Jews of Egypt live on lands that belonged to Palestinians. Maybe it would be fair to let them hand of the deeds to their land in Egypt to the Palestinains. Of course that would be too much - wouldn't be. As a matter of fact - let us discuss history. Who exactly was guilty of murdering millions of Jews? The Arabs kept them safe while your European Brethren sent them to their deaths and your American brothers refused to allow them in. Now you ask why they can't return to Egypt. The same nonsense found in Zionist 101 propoganda books. As for what the Jews have done in the USA. Why not look at Wall Street, the Housing Market, failing Corporations. See who sits on the boards and how much money they've raked in. Fact not my opinion.

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arabnationalist
Member # 16914

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arabnationalist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maxman is trying to argue a point. Since so much is made of Palestinans wanting to return to their homeland, he is asking if Jews can return to Egypt. I say - yes! When Palestinians can return to Haifa, Jaffa, Safad, Jerusalem, ect let the Egyptian Jews return to Cairo, Alexandria, ect.
Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arabnationalist:
Maxman is trying to argue a point. Since so much is made of Palestinans wanting to return to their homeland, he is asking if Jews can return to Egypt. I say - yes! When Palestinians can return to Haifa, Jaffa, Safad, Jerusalem, ect let the Egyptian Jews return to Cairo, Alexandria, ect.

Alrighty will the Egyptian Jews be given back their homes, government pensions from the positions they relinguished, and will their historical neighborhoods be restored; will they be given equal rights and protections from secretarian violence?

How about the Jews from Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morrocco, Tunisia, Libya?

I fully back land, property, rights being granted back to the original Palestinians who had been forcibly exiled.

This is a huge regional shift in populations, governments, rights issues, and property; its going to make several generations to work out unfortunately.

Same for all the Christians exiled from Tunisa Libya and so forth they need their justice too.

Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arabnationalist:
Maxman,

What about the Palestinians who live in camps not fit for humans. The Jews of Egypt live on lands that belonged to Palestinians. Maybe it would be fair to let them hand of the deeds to their land in Egypt to the Palestinains. Of course that would be too much - wouldn't be. As a matter of fact - let us discuss history. Who exactly was guilty of murdering millions of Jews? The Arabs kept them safe while your European Brethren sent them to their deaths and your American brothers refused to allow them in. Now you ask why they can't return to Egypt. The same nonsense found in Zionist 101 propoganda books. As for what the Jews have done in the USA. Why not look at Wall Street, the Housing Market, failing Corporations. See who sits on the boards and how much money they've raked in. Fact not my opinion.

WTF?

You blame Jews for the economic recession?

Most Arab Jews ended up in the USA and Canada, they weren't treated very well in Israel so they left.

You entire post is horsesh*t propaganda

Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com