EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » #Libya (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: #Libya
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know he has paramilitary forces but these are Libyans, many of them from his tribe Qadhafawa, ready to fight to death for him. The there is the Kamis force. Then there is the Hannibal force. Then you have not counted the stock of chemical and biological weapons seating there waiting for such a day like this.

So, why would he need "African" mecenaries when he has all those forces?

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
I know he has paramilitary forces but these are Libyans, many of them from his tribe Qadhafawa, ready to fight to death for him. The there is the Kamis force. Then there is the Hannibal force. Then you have not counted the stock of chemical and biological weapons seating there waiting for such a day like this.

First the facts. Libya is a nation of only 5-6 million people. That would mean all males who are in military age would amount to 1.5 million. Out of this number how many do think are actually in the military? 5%, 7%, 10% At most there are no more than 150,000. It is also known that many are just conscripts and many poorly trained. Count the mass defections and it is easily understandable why Qadaffi would need more men. Especially highly trained men, and African Mercenaries are just that, especially ones that have fought in other wars in Africa.

Point being, Libya is weak, was weak, and that is why we are at this point. If Qadaffi forces were strong he could have quashed the rebellion for good. If the revolutionaries were strong they would have taken Tripoli by now.

Qadaffi has denied mercenaries, his FM denied them repeatedly, reports by people are however suggesting otherwise. When asked “How do you know they are not Libyans”, the speak a “different language”. Then there are those they show with foreign ID cards and passports.

This is undoubtedly a time of war. But where are all these reports coming from? They can't all be baseless. And ultimately the truth will be fully known when the fighting stops. I understand your doubts. I understand that fully, and I guess you have to believe in something. But every single day, and there are videos too in which people are saying they are being killed by foreign black mercenaries.

The extent of the truth will be known. A good example is a report of a hundred captured in one city, when it turned out it was only 30. Some admitted being mercenaries, others said they were Libyans from the south, some said they were workers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. One day we will find out the extent of truth and also extent of exaggerations.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems there is some truth to Qadafi and his drugged Al-Qaida claims.

Al-Qaida Calls For Revolt Against Arab Rulers

CAIRO — Al-Qaida's offshoot in Yemen urged Muslims to revolt against Arab rulers and establish governments based on Islamic law, according to an audio tape posted Saturday on militant websites.

The appeal came at a time of growing political unrest in the Arab world. Popular uprisings have deposed the leaders of Tunisia and Egypt, and anti-government protests are gaining momentum in Libya, Yemen and Bahrain.

The speaker on the audio tape is identified as Ibrahim al-Rubeish, a former detainee at the U.S.-run Guantanamo Bay lockup. The tape was produced by al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, a Yemen-based offshoot of the terror network, according to the SITE Intel group, a U.S.-based group that monitors extremist websites.

In the 10-minute recording, Al-Rubeish criticized Saudi Arabia for providing a haven for deposed Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

He also said toppling longtime rulers is not enough and that new governments must be established based on Islamic religious law, or Shariah.

"One tyrant goes, only to be replaced another who may fix for the people some of their worldly issues by offering job opportunities and increasing their income, but the greater problem remains," al-Rubeish said, according to a translation provided by SITE.

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:

First the facts. Libya is a nation of only 5-6 million people. That would mean all males who are in military age would amount to 1.5 million. Out of this number how many do think are actually in the military? 5%, 7%, 10% At most there are no more than 150,000. It is also known that many are just conscripts and many poorly trained. Count the mass defections and it is easily understandable why Qadaffi would need more men. Especially highly trained men, and African Mercenaries are just that, especially ones that have fought in other wars in Africa.

Point being, Libya is weak, was weak, and that is why we are at this point. If Qadaffi forces were strong he could have quashed the rebellion for good. If the revolutionaries were strong they would have taken Tripoli by now.

Qadaffi has denied mercenaries, his FM denied them repeatedly, reports by people are however suggesting otherwise. When asked “How do you know they are not Libyans”, the speak a “different language”. Then there are those they show with foreign ID cards and passports.

This is undoubtedly a time of war. But where are all these reports coming from? They can't all be baseless. And ultimately the truth will be fully known when the fighting stops. I understand your doubts. I understand that fully, and I guess you have to believe in something. But every single day, and there are videos too in which people are saying they are being killed by foreign black mercenaries.

The extent of the truth will be known. A good example is a report of a hundred captured in one city, when it turned out it was only 30. Some admitted being mercenaries, others said they were Libyans from the south, some said they were workers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. One day we will find out the extent of truth and also extent of exaggerations.

Like you say, it is a time of war
times of trouble...

I personally perfer order and stability
to the endless rounds of revolutions that
in the end do noone any good.

But, then these are the signs of our times..

Only time will tell.

Salaam [Smile]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
The British Intelligence Service are experts in dis-information and psychological warfare. Hear their latest rumors... Mugabe is protecting Ghadafi... lol!!! Where is this gonna end ..lol:

Mugabe's Troops Protecting Ghadafi

Robert Mugabe has sent crack troops from his presidential guard to fight for Colonel Gaddafi – and has even offered him exile in Zimbabwe.

Gaddafi, 68, has reportedly loaded an aircraft with gold bullion and cash ahead of a flight south to safety in Zimbabwe.

He and Mugabe, (pictured), 87 this week, are long-time friends and allies.

At one point, they even discussed creating one giant state of Africa, with Gaddafi president for life and Mugabe his loyal prime minister.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360850/Gaddafis-3bn-British-cash-transfer-How-dictator-secretly-moving-money-Libya.html#ixzz1F4UQHJzc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
Lionz

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got a point, I don't ususally believe the mainstream media who seems to be trying too hard to make Quaddifi look bad

quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
It seems there is some truth to Qadafi and his drugged Al-Qaida claims.

Al-Qaida Calls For Revolt Against Arab Rulers

CAIRO — Al-Qaida's offshoot in Yemen urged Muslims to revolt against Arab rulers and establish governments based on Islamic law, according to an audio tape posted Saturday on militant websites.

The appeal came at a time of growing political unrest in the Arab world. Popular uprisings have deposed the leaders of Tunisia and Egypt, and anti-government protests are gaining momentum in Libya, Yemen and Bahrain.

The speaker on the audio tape is identified as Ibrahim al-Rubeish, a former detainee at the U.S.-run Guantanamo Bay lockup. The tape was produced by al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, a Yemen-based offshoot of the terror network, according to the SITE Intel group, a U.S.-based group that monitors extremist websites.

In the 10-minute recording, Al-Rubeish criticized Saudi Arabia for providing a haven for deposed Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

He also said toppling longtime rulers is not enough and that new governments must be established based on Islamic religious law, or Shariah.

"One tyrant goes, only to be replaced another who may fix for the people some of their worldly issues by offering job opportunities and increasing their income, but the greater problem remains," al-Rubeish said, according to a translation provided by SITE.

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
[QB] baa..baa..baa.., I don't ususally believe the mainstream media who seems to be trying too hard to make Quaddifi baa..baa..baa..

[Roll Eyes] What is he jabbering??
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^
Why isn't the mainstream Media showing the atrocities of the Rebels?? Why are they not showing the clips of black Lybians being beat, why is it a one sided story where Quaddafi is only doint wrong. Both sides are killing, not just Quadaffi.

BTW, My comment was response to M.K source he posted not to your crazed homosexual ass..

shoo fly.

on the real Im thinking the Elites and Media is trying to push a War...

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Why is the Media trying to press Obama to "take action" against Lybia???

Let them handle their own affairs??

BTW, Why did Clinton suddenly go to Haiti??

Can you tell us about that Lyin-Lyon??

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^^^
Why isn't the mainstream Media showing the atrocities of the Rebels?? Why are they not showing the clips of black Lybians being beat, why is it a one sided story where Quaddafi is only doint wrong. Both sides are killing, not just Quadaffi.

BTW, My comment was response to M.K source he posted not to your crazed homosexual ass..

shoo fly.

on the real Im thinking the Elites and Media is trying to push a War...

One can never tell what is really occurring behind what's being promoted.

With the CIA/Mossad, they may have created another Al-Quida specifically for this purpose as they did with the original.
One thing is certain.
The sudden popularity of Facebook is no accident. There may be at least 200 large social network sites on-line. Half of these are much better than Facebook, but not owned by Jews and perhaps, not as conducive to the data mining and cross referencing performed across other Jewish controlled data collection sites.
That Google and Facebook are being used to coordinate these protests is no coincidence, and perhaps have been one of the main intended uses of Facebook all along...along with normal data collection and spying on it's users.
This is why for the last 5 years my Facebook profile is fictitious, and I share no real data with them freaks to correlate.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RAF Hercules planes rescue 150 from Libya desert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12589479

[Cool]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Libya: UN Security Council passes sanctions vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12589434

My money's on NATO going in next. Any takers?

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/SID-4D78C58D-34671483/natolive/opinions_70880.htm

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Libya: UN Security Council passes sanctions vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12589434

My money's on NATO going in next. Any takers?

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/SID-4D78C58D-34671483/natolive/opinions_70880.htm

They cannot wait to get all that oil.. [Big Grin]
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revealed: Blair's secret calls to Gaddafi

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-blairs-secret-calls-to-gaddafi-2226887.html

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like you say, it is a time of war
times of trouble...

I personally perfer order and stability
to the endless rounds of revolutions that
in the end do noone any good.

But, then these are the signs of our times..

Only time will tell.

Salaam [Smile]

There is nothing better than peace and stability. I agree wholeheartedly but it's really useless when there is constant fear. That is something that I noticed in most middle east countries as well as several African countries I traveled to. These tyrants persecuted and stole from their people. So it is with great joy that I see them get a taste of their own medicine. And we don't know what will happen tomorrow, we can only offer our opinion and speculate, but as of today the status quo seems to have failed.

Thanks for the salaam, and salaam to you as well. Confrontation is understandable considering the influx of all kinds of information, most of which is very disturbing. Hopefully many of the disturbing reports are exaggerated, and hopefully the end is near. So again salaam and while I am anti-Qadaffi and you are pro-Qadaffi, I think we can be more civil than what is transpiring on the ground. Understanding your grievances as well as other members in this forum, I began to read more black African perspective news sources, and as I mentioned earlier some reports are very disturbing.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
^^^^

I've noticed in this revolution, and I don't just mean Libya, is that it appears it is personal with the press.

Perhaps this is the result of the many beatings they received by the Egyptian regime. Many are however as enthusiastic as the pro-democracy demonstrators when it comes to regimes falling. There is emotion there that is not usually characteristic of journalist.

There appears to be a feeling that they want to see this go all the way (beyond Libya), reporters are tweeting Libya now, where should I fly to next? That "revolution" and not just the Libyan revolution appears to be their focus. They were focusing on Egypt few weeks ago, now on Libya with an eye on other countries.

Regarding the victimization of sub-Saharan Africans (non mercenaries), and with all frankness, it does not appear to be at the top of their priorities. Could they be percieving their deaths as "limited", I really don't know. What I know, or what it appears to me is that their priorities are:

1. Qadaffi

2. Revolutionaries

3. Western Response including repatriating Western Citizens

4. Humanitarian issues including the plight of sub-Saharan Africans

This is my opinion, or at least how the focus of the press seems. Recently however I have noticed an increase of articles in African News as well as Western Networks on Africa (e.g BBC Africa).

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by this:
Revealed: Blair's secret calls to Gaddafi

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-blairs-secret-calls-to-gaddafi-2226887.html

BFF. [Roll Eyes] I was nauseated at the degree of friendly relationships that the Qadaffi's family had with affluent Brits. Especially Saif who appeared to know everybody that was somebody in British society, including royals, lords, politicians and celebrities. And not just talk, but serious partying and spending the night over.

I wonder how he appears to them now, but I can only imagine that he has revealed the savage that he is. His professor from LSE basically said this “my friendship and relationship with Saif was contingent upon him making progressive reforms in Libya”, so he says now, but not a word about that when Saif gave LSE 2 million dollars.

My point is that Tony Blair and UK paved the way for Qadaffi's re acceptance into the western community.

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I feel it's the outrage of everyone, that ppl who demonstrate peacefully, who want their voices to be heard in a peaceful way, are fired upon, are killed.

At this point, how else can they defend themselves from this kind of brutally? Should they all just shut up and go home? At what point do they have the right to stand up and defend themselves from this kind of uncalled for brutality? (not to mention the ongoing brutality that has been going on in that country for years!)

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
His professor from LSE basically said this “my friendship and relationship with Saif was contingent upon him making progressive reforms in Libya”, so he says now, but not a word about that when Saif gave LSE 2 million dollars.

Well they're giving it back, so all's well that ends well.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Personally, I feel it's the outrage of everyone, that ppl who demonstrate peacefully, who want their voices to be heard in a peaceful way, are fired upon, are killed.

At this point, how else can they defend themselves from this kind of brutally? Should they all just shut up and go home? At what point do they have the right to stand up and defend themselves from this kind of uncalled for brutality? (not to mention the ongoing brutality that has been going on in that country for years!)

Their voices are more than loud and clear. A temporary government is in place now in Eastern Libya, one that is looking beyond Qadaffi. Yesterday AJA played a long footage of senior Libyan officers who one after another proclaimed their allegiance to the February 17 Youth Revolution.

Just a few days ago we were wondering, who will step in when Qadaffi falls, what is the plan. This has been answered and there are plans for free elections, and while this is pre-mature, it is good to know that qualified Libyans are stepping up.

They are united irrespective of tribal allegiance. Most of the tribes including the largest one (Warfulla) have pledged allegiance to the “temporary government.” Diplomats too are also pledging allegiance to the temporary government.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
His professor from LSE basically said this “my friendship and relationship with Saif was contingent upon him making progressive reforms in Libya”, so he says now, but not a word about that when Saif gave LSE 2 million dollars.

Well they're giving it back, so all's well that ends well.
As if they had a choice. [Big Grin] The hell Monkey, it's an institution of higher learning, they should have known better than to take a tyrant's cash.
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
"How many people have seen these pictures from the G8 of President Obama and Libyan dictator Leader Gaddafi pressing flesh and hugging?"

http://monroerising.com/2011/02/23/obama-and-gaddafi-pictures-the-media-did-not-want-you-to-see/

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/02/23/col_qaddafis_last_stand?page=0,6

People in glass houses...

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
"How many people have seen these pictures from the G8 of President Obama and Libyan dictator Leader Gaddafi pressing flesh and hugging?"

http://monroerising.com/2011/02/23/obama-and-gaddafi-pictures-the-media-did-not-want-you-to-see/

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/02/23/col_qaddafis_last_stand?page=0,6

People in glass houses...

A few pictures is one thing. Acceptance many personalities in society is another thing altogether. When Qadaffi went to NY (UN), he wanted to pitch a tent in an area in Westchester Country, Suburb of NYC. The residents of the area said “we don't want him here”, and he wasn't allowed to pitch a tent.

I mean come on, the dude blew up a plane over Scotland.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Exiiled, with all due respect, I disagree. I remember the Lockerbie bombing, we all remember the Lockerbie bombing. To say he is accepted in society is just BS. It's a well known fact we have one dodgy royal here who will meet with anyone for a fixed amount of money - he's an embarrassment to us all. Go look it up - he's called Prince Andrew. I'm fairly sure he'll be the one he met with.

So you let him in NY? So we let him in the UK. Usher, Mariah Carey and Beyonce did a little dance for his son in New York, how's that for serious partying. And to finish off about him not being allowed to put up his tent in NYC, was it not the case that Donald Trump invited him to his place so he could do it there?

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
To say he is accepted in society is just BS.

^ What you thought I said

Here is what I actually wrote:

***Acceptance [b[many personalities in society[/b] is another thing altogether.***

Personalities = politicans, affluent people, etc

I mean come on, if you want to take out the whip, do when I'm being mischievous. [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Well alrighty then. Looking back through the posts, I seem to have misread one completely because it sure doesn't read the same this time around. I shall amend my responses and say no more about it [Wink]

Apologies for the confusion. And for being a little hotheaded.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Well alrighty then. Looking back through the posts, I seem to have misread one completely because it sure doesn't read the same this time around. I shall amend my responses and say no more about it [Wink]

Apologies for the confusion. And for being a little hotheaded.

No problem Monkey, and apology accepted. I think in these very fluid threads we can all be hotheads or at least taking turns. [Smile]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
You only need to mention Blair and I feel myself falling into a wobbler. I never voted for him, don't know anyone who did, yet he got to embarrass us for 10 years. Now he's not even in office and he's still at it.

And as for Gordon Brown and Cameron... Meh.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela’s top diplomat on Thursday echoed Fidel Castro’s accusation that Washington and its allies are fomenting unrest in Libya to justify an invasion to seize North African nation’s oil reserves.

Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro claimed the United States and other powerful countries are trying to create a movement inside Libya aimed at toppling Moammar Gadhafi.

Maduro did not condemn or defend the violent crackdown on Libyans participating in the popular uprising against Gadhafi’s long rule.

He called for a peaceful solution to the upheaval in Libya and questioned the veracity of media reports on the bloody uprising, which has crept closer to Gadhafi’s stronghold in Tripoli.

“They are creating conditions to justify an invasion of Libya,” Maduro said.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/news-reports/foreign-minister-nicolas-maduro-claimed-the-united-states-and-other-powerful-countries-are-trying-to-steal-libyan-oil-reserves-news -report/

--------------------
Lionz

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
^^^^

I've noticed in this revolution, and I don't just mean Libya, is that it appears it is personal with the press.

Perhaps this is the result of the many beatings they received by the Egyptian regime. Many are however as enthusiastic as the pro-democracy demonstrators when it comes to regimes falling. There is emotion there that is not usually characteristic of journalist.

There appears to be a feeling that they want to see this go all the way (beyond Libya), reporters are tweeting Libya now, where should I fly to next? That "revolution" and not just the Libyan revolution appears to be their focus. They were focusing on Egypt few weeks ago, now on Libya with an eye on other countries.

Regarding the victimization of sub-Saharan Africans (non mercenaries), and with all frankness, it does not appear to be at the top of their priorities. Could they be percieving their deaths as "limited", I really don't know. What I know, or what it appears to me is that their priorities are:

1. Qadaffi

2. Revolutionaries

3. Western Response including repatriating Western Citizens

4. Humanitarian issues including the plight of sub-Saharan Africans

This is my opinion, or at least how the focus of the press seems. Recently however I have noticed an increase of articles in African News as well as Western Networks on Africa (e.g BBC Africa).

Dude its deeper, Im talking about so called Liberal stations and Liberal reporters calling for Obama to "Take action" and invade Lybia?? What for?? Can not the Lybians handle their own problems. They feed us one liner about how the Arabs are upset that Obama did not intervine early in Egypt. It pisses me off, THIS IS NOT OUR PROBLEM, but the Media is trying relentlessly to get American millitary involved in this.

Also why are the people of Palestine not "Protesting" LOL, You mean people in Iran will protest but not in Palestine?? Dude this is nothing but Order out of Chaos...

Why should we care aboutwhat these arabs are doing, We are in two wars already and just cut Taxes. The States are on the verge of bankrupt, Pensions are in Jeopardy, Job Continue to be lost, We need to handle our own problems instead of worring about a bunch of crazed Arabs supposedly getting mad at the dictators they supported for 30 and 40 years.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Libya will be the next Iraq. Enjoy!
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Why should we care aboutwhat these arabs are doing, ...whine..whine..whine.. I am heat... whine...

Gaylord whatz up with all the whinning?

Did your boyfriend beat you up last night? [Big Grin]

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:

Exactly, or the Next Iran.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Zionists, through Obama and the UN, will be trying their best not to let that happen. Lets see how it ends up.
quote:
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela’s top diplomat on Thursday echoed Fidel Castro’s accusation that Washington and its allies are fomenting unrest in Libya to justify an invasion to seize North African nation’s oil reserves.
No way! That stuff only happens in the ancien regime of GW Bush! America is a different country now! Obama is in charge! Change we can believe in!
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:

Exactly, or the Next Iran.
Nah. NATO intervened in Kosovo - who berated them for that? It's a bloodbath. Someone should have a moral conscience and step in.

In theory.

Yeah, I know, I know. Oil, blah, blah, blah...

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Why do you say "It's a bloodbath"?
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Crunch Time:

From BBC Twitter

Libya's former Interior Minster Gen Abdel Fattah Younes al-Abidi, who defected last week, has told Al-Arabiyah that a "massive" pro-Gaddafi army convoy is heading towards Misrata. The town has no means to defend itself, he says, warning of a "real massacre".

So called sub-saharans:

More on the plight of sub-Saharan Africans in Libya, (see 1205 entry). William Guariento in Glasgow, UK writes: "I spent a month in Misurata, Libya in November. I was struck by the number of sub-Saharan Africans. Since hearing the many stories of 'African mercenaries', I have worried about these people. Who will protect them? If they don't speak Arabic, who will be able to distinguish them from the foreign soldiers that Colonel Gaddafi is said to be employing to shore up his regime?"

--------------------
Lionz

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Well what else would you call it?

http://www.libyafeb17.com/?page_id=621

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
So people killed is a "bloodbath"? Or is there a particular number? If so how much?
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
There was a guy on yesterday saying that 25 of his neighbours had been shot in one incident. 25 in a matter of minutes. So if you times that by hours, days, weeks, not just in one street, or town, but a whole country... God knows how many people. 2,000 - I bet this doesn't even come close. Aerial attacks - anti aircraft weaponry? I think bloodbath is pretty accurate, so I'll respectfully disagree if you don't.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
And you believe this, why? What evidence do you have that this "guy" was not reporting from back of CNN's newsroom?!
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Because it wasn't a CNN report...

I think it's accepted worldwide by all nations (bar Venezeula) what's going on here, so I've no reason to doubt.

If it's more comfortable for you to think it's all some big conspiracy theory then fair enough. I'm not really into moon landing arguments and do we truly exist discussions but whatever floats your boat.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Yeh, conspiracy theories are so irrational since there has never been a case where the "international" (i.e. western and their lackeys) media hyped a situation to justify invasion. [Roll Eyes]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I think it's pretty much unanimous. Heck, even China believes it.

Can I ask one question Anguish? Do you believe that the holocaust happened?

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Well like Iraq, its a "slam dunk case" then? lol

Do you believe in the tooth fairy?

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Cuba does not believe it. The Venezuelans trapped in Tripoli discount this story. I do not subscribe to it. It is illogical and fantastic.

Just like the previous announcement of the British Foreign Minister that Ghadafi had resigned and fled.

Lies and propaganda..

--------------------
Lionz

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
You didn't answer the question Anguish.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
I did. I thought you figured it out. lol
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] Cuba does not believe it.

How do you know? Cubans are hostages in their own country and have been since Castro darkened every window in that country, aside from a few SeaSide resorts.

It's CASTRO, not Cuba.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
It's an easy one. Yes or no. Anything beyond that will only confuse me. Lol.

It's not a trick question.

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  32  33  34   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com