EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Favourite film, and what it says about you. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Favourite film, and what it says about you.
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love most of the Egyptian classics, especially Suad hosny's movies... she's my favorite star

The new ones, not much... baheb el cima, malek wa ketaba, sahar el layaly, el sellem wa al thu3ban, hob el banat, 7alim but not Yacoubian building.... don't think there is more to like

I hate the comedy egytptian movies like el limby and all that... i just can't get the humor.... not my style.

I love English movies but i haven't seen anything that i liked lately except Walk The line & In her Shoes

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Quentin Tarrantino ! Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are my favorites.

I just love the actors Cameron Diaz, Christopher Walken and John Travolta and will watch anything they are in.

Favorites and ones that made a big impact on me are:

At Close Range - Sean Penn & Christopher Walken

The Green Mile & The Stand mini series - Stephen King

Very Bad Things - Cameron Diaz & Cristian Slater

The House of Mirth - Gillian Anderson

As for Egyptian movies, I really enjoy anything with the actor Hussein Fathmy - did I spell that right. The only problem is, he always seems to die violently in the last few seconds of the movie.

Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cinematic:

I hate the comedy egytptian movies like el limby and all that... i just can't get the humor.... not my style.

I really appreciate Mohamed Said.

Lets put it this way, when my blood sugar level is low, I get twisted.

And I love to watch this dude dance and swing his hips.

Can't outwardly enjoy his performances while the husband is around (he glares and then changes the channel) but I always camp out in from the TV when home alone and Lemby is on.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like horror movies but iam not violent person best one was (the grudge) thanks to that movie i can't sleep with my lights off. there is very nasty horror too called (hostel), iam not sure what is my favourite but if iam going to have one that mean i have to watch it again and i can't dare to watch them again and defiantly not alone.

in egypt when i was last time there was a movie in the cinema called ders kosoosi for that guy from star acadmy i thought it was very funny well played.

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite film is The Royal Tennenbaums....I'm probably alone in that but I loved it. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite film was (some where in time). very good love story it would make you cry.christopher reeves was so handsome in that movie. sorry to hear he had passed away [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER. scared the hell out of me but i like scarey films and love stories
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
comeone micky

i know what you did last summer it is not that scary lol iam telling you have to watch any if the films i said above and you will know fear.

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone visit atomfilms? sono sent me a link to a short film on it a while back, totally hilarious (wont say which one) but ive been looking on it ever since.

i watched one last night thats very relevant to me at the moment, its called fluent dysphasia.

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/home/

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/fluent_dysphasia
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i saw it a long time ago sara. well it scared me plus friday the 13th and the old black and white the haunting made in the 40s or 50s .i saw it in high school and about died
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
my favorite film was (some where in time). very good love story it would make you cry.christopher reeves was so handsome in that movie. sorry to hear he had passed away [Frown]

OMG Micky, I thought I was the only softie for that movie, Somewhere in Time! Everytime I see it I cry hysterically at the end where he gets pulled back to present time after seeing the penny! OMGGGG [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE ENGLISH PATIENT

"My darling. I'm waiting for you. How long is the day in the dark? Or a week? The fire is gone, and I'm horribly cold. I really should drag myself outside but then there'd be the sun. I'm afraid I waste the light on the paintings, not writing these words. We die. We die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we've entered and swum up like rivers. Fears we've hidden in - like this wretched cave. I want all this marked on my body. Where the real countries are. Not boundaries drawn on mapswith the names of powerful men. I know you'll come carry me out to the Palace of Winds. That's what I've wanted: to walk in such a place with you. With friends, on an earth without maps. The lamp has gone out and I'm writing in the darkness."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116209/quotes

-

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE THORN BIRDS

"There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark and the nightingale. One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to listen, and God in His heaven smiles. For the best is only bought at the price of great pain... or so says the legend..."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085101/quotes

-

http://www.fashionfinds.com/july_new_dating_system/pages/the_thorn_birds_part_1_page_1.htm

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Tigerlilly, you have my mother's taste in films, she ADORES the English Patient and Thornbirds, I never saw a woman cry so much ! [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Tigerlilly, you have my mother's taste in films, [Wink]

Smuck, can I take this as a compliment or what? [Wink] Yes, yes that's exactly me, always crying too much, I am too sentimental when I watch love movies, most of them have a tragic end..... and that's how I just like it.

These love stories in the movies end just like many love stories in the real life..... one big sad heartbreaking mess. Now, Smuck, please be so nice and pass me some napkins, will you? [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Why wouldn't it be a compliment? She's a smart lady with a kind heart! [Smile]

(passing the kleenex)....

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
vanilla sky...

OMG!!! id heard it was shite...

its soooooo good!

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cocktail was my teenage favoritefilm....... Oh all of thoose saturday nights with Tom Cruise [Big Grin]

Grew out of it.

My absolute favorite movie ever is "Dancing with wolfes". Great movie with a good story.

The funniest movie ever made is "American Pie" - in my opinion.

The latest scary movies that I saw was "u-turn" and "texas chain saw massacre" - they was scary...

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

The latest scary movies that I saw was "u-turn" and "texas chain saw massacre" - they was scary...

Tibe, I got them both at home and yes they are very 'entertaining'!

The last shocking movie I've seen was 'the hills have eyes'. Don't miss out on this one! [Eek!]

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/thehillshaveeyes/home.html

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That will be my next block buster - I love thrillers and horror movies. You too Tiger??? - I have all episodes on vhs of the thorn bird - the episode where they finally met on the beach and are together is worned out........ [Smile]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Tibe, I don't know but we have a lot in common. The end of tape 2 has the love scenes on the Hawaiian Island and yes and I rewinded over and over again.... [Wink] I fell in love with actor Richard Chamberlain at a tender age of 16 when other girls would go for definitely young guys. I don't know but he had such an aura as a priest, what a charismatic actor and the perfect role for him.....

Oh to add: I recently purchased the DVD set of the thorn birds - better quality.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com