EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Colorism and Africa (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Colorism and Africa
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This a thread where you can label anyone as Black...I'm an a non mixed African...so if you think some people in the world are Black...please show them to me.....
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right Habari I got some photos for you to look at. I hope you Enjoy them

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Found some more pics. Hope people enjoy:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Still got more to post

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Still a bit more.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

More to come

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
 -

-

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
All right Habari I got some photos for you to look at. I hope you Enjoy them

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

These people are mixed,not pure black african.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Arabs and Melanesians, the latter being black by skin color only.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KING what is your background? I see a lot of confusion in you...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prmiddleeastern wrote:

----------------------------

----------------------------

The berber slave/beluga whale mix breed has returned from his race loon forum.

Looking at your pic, I can see why you need to hang around those forums. bwaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Girls say you look good beluga..................

From the bottom of your feet down.

aaaahhahahahahahahahahaahaaa!!!!!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
bwaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habari wrote:

-----------------
bwaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
-----------------

Indeed : )

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
aaaahhahahahahahahahahaahaaa!!!!!
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
This a thread where you can label anyone as Black...

Hitler was black
Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prmiddleeastern:
I see Arabs and Melanesians, the latter being black by skin color only. [?]

All black is is a ethnic description in reference to skin color.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ This makes no sense. Non of those pictures are from Africa. Some are from Southwest Asia and the others are from Southeast Asia, but is the point. Are you saying all those people are black??

What about these people?

Formosan (Taiwanese aboriginal)
 -

Filipinos
 -

Turk
 -

Mongols
 -

Tibetans

How are all these people all of a sudden black? If they are then Mexicans and other Native Americans and even southern Europeans should be 'black' also.

Posts: 26322 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Djehuti, thanks for your input that's why I opened the thread to show how colorism is a dangerous game...Blackness and Whiteness are subjective...who's Black...who's White...what does it mean to be Black or White?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man in this thread people don't seem to understand. All black is, is a reference to skin color. *All* those people I posted have dark skin in the range of Black. What is so hard for people to understand. If africans with the same skin tones, are considered Black. Then how can those people I posted not be Black also.

It seems even on this forum that people want to limit black, to only Africans and those with recent African ancestry.

I don't think I need to post pictures of Africans with the same skin color as those asians I just posted.

As for all those people who say these people are brown, well so is *most* Africans. What I understand from the color label, is that it's, red, yellow, black, and white. Now all of a sudden people want to group brown in with these other color labels. So now we have people who love to say, "Hey, I'm brown, not Black". People don't seem to see that this brown label is now being pushed because being Black is looked on as a negative. Why aren't people whining about being pink, or beige. None of this is going on. It is only the Black label people have a problem with. Don't want to be considered Black, then we will call you brown.

The truth of the matter is, that the color system has always been red, yellow, black, and white. Theres a famous Christian song that sings about the color of people, it does not include brown. Most people who consider themselves brown, would easily fit under Black.

Remember it is not whether you agree with the labels or not. The color labels have been around for a long time. They are not going away any time soon. Compare my pics of Asians with Djehuti's pics. It is clear all my pics have darker skin then most of his pics.

What does any of this have to do with a whole region like southern europe. All this is about is skin color. It seems even on this forum that is pro-Black people are still Afraid of labeling people outside of Africa as being black. It seems the eurocentrics still have a hold on people. Free your mind.

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
King,
You didn't answer my question, what's your background? Obviously not African, but I just need to know...

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

My Background has no meaning on the truth. What needs to be understood is that All people need to be able to learn the truth, and preach it. To much emphasis is put on ethnicity, My background is not going to change how I view people and how I accept truth. I ask that people stop trying to divide people just because they have different views then you. We are all hear to learn the truth the best way we can. We need to ask what Unites us as people, instead of what divides us. Ethnic background, should not be important to truthseekers, what should be important is if we accept the truth, no matter what it is. I am a truthseeker, I try to learn about all kinds of truth, no matter what "race" is involved.

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
The truth...let me tell you the truth you keep posting brown people and try to pass them for black people...where is the truth...by the way I personally don't believe in race since European and Asians were originally Black Africans...at the end of the day we are originally Black Africans...aren't we?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King

The problem is that people are doing something
they may not realize that they are doing. On
the one hand they say black is only a colour
and on the other hand they are limiting black
to sub-Sahara Africa.

At one moment they'll there are blacks in other
places than Africa yet they only recognize those
who are descendents of Africans or who have some
two or three physical features in common with
[stereo]'typical' sub-Saharan Africans as the
black ones.

They don't even realize they're doing this and
what's worse is they become angered and deny it
when its pointed out to them what they're doing.

Example:
It was written: "All black is is a ethnic description
in reference to skin color."

And a response from one of once biggest boosters
who himself slung that statement at whoever said
his pet Africans weren't black: "This makes no sense.
Non of those pictures are from Africa. Some are from
Southwest Asia and the others are from Southeast Asia, ..."

The dialectic is obvious. Asian^=black because
Black=African. But when cornered about his
dialectical pronouncement he will then turn
around and say: "I never said Asia had no blacks."
Confront him with this cognitive
dissonance and he will proceed to verbally
abuse, applying psychiatric labels and
projections and putting words in the mouth.
Anything but checking his pattern for its
inconsistancies and then leveling them.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Those people look brown, we surely have our own brown people in Africa...by the way my own mother have a light skin: the non mixed way...she's black...you see what I mean...there is natural light skin and brown mixed skin...you don't get it ...do you? I know how to make the difference between a man who is light because admixture as opposed to some African who is naturally light...you can't see the difference and I understand why...
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
alTakruri

This is what it looks like to me. It seems the more you talk to these people, the more they get angry about labeling people as Black. There new favorite term is Brown. These people seem to love to label Africans as Black, but as soon as you show them pictures of equally Black people in other parts of the world, all of a sudden these people are "Brown". It all stems from how hated the Black label is. It bothers me that even on this forum people are so engrained in what they view as Black, that they get angry when confronted with proof of other black people who have no recent African ancestry. All you can do I guess is keep continuing to post facts until they see the truth. That is all you, and I can do.

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
The angry men are you and Al...this thread is now so confusing because when you get into colorism, you will get different point of views...let's have party here....
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

No I don't get it. What is natural light skin, and mixed Brown skin. This is what does not make sense. almost *All* the people in Africa have Brown skin. This does not mean that they are not considered Black. The point is that trying to limit Black, to only Africans is wrong. There are Black people all over the world. How you view Black, is very limited.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

How am I angry? All I am stating is the truth about Blackness. The people who seem to be angry, are the people who seem to be quick to label clearly Black people as Brown. I am not angry in the slightest. I rather enjoy our debate.

Peace

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The browns were first invented by anthropologist
for the Malays I think. Then it was collapsed by
them into a yellow-brown race purportedly to
combine all Asians & Pacifics.

Brown at one time may've been used to describe an
expanded so-called Mediterranean race from the
straits of Gibraltar to eastern parts of the Indian
Ocean.

http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC01572150&id=Nv7TeKoQuRYC&printsec=titlepage#PPA54,M1
 -
http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC01572150&id=Nv7TeKoQuRYC&printsec=titlepage

Then not too long ago some Chicanos picked up on
the power of a colour definition and coined brown
for themselves. Of course the more 'criolo' types
continued to declare themselves white. But the
*Aztecas* never used red the standard colour
term for the natives of the so-called Americas. From
the Chicanos some Hispanics took on the term for
use in USA dichotomies never for back at home
where they prefer to label themselves white just
as they used to be so labeled in citizenship
documents in the USA before say the last 10 years
or so ago.

** note that Azteca doesn't mean the ancient Aztecs
but their modern descendents who rwefuse to identify
as mestizo.

quote:
As for all those people who say these people are brown, well so is *most* Africans. What I understand from the color label, is that it's, red, yellow, black, and white. Now all of a sudden people want to group brown in with these other color labels.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

You said something about natural lightskin and brown mixed skin. I will post these pictures please tell me what is the difference.

Whats the Difference between these Africans skin:
 -

-

-

And these Asians:

-

-

-

Really what makes the Asians brown mixed, and the Africans lightskined. I would really like to hear your explanation.

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
King, what's your background? At least I can understand the confusion in Al's mind, but what about you...I mean I don't think you know Black people....
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
And what supposed mental confusion are you failing
in attempt to project away from yourself and onto me?

You don't seem to know western African realities.
Amazigh count halPulaaren as blacks. Gnawa class
them as red. Bantu will even jibe them as the
white man of Africa.

And so what is a hamria in the north? Neither black
nor white but red. What does the Kuwaiti of the same
average colour call his own? Red (not brown).

Don't think for a moment that halPulaaren and hamria
don't realize that in world parlance they are blacks
just like the grey-brown skinned Wolof or the Gabon
unsweetened non-milk chocolate brown skins.

Hundreds of thousands if not millions of Africans
residing south of the Tropic of Cancer are as
brown as the red Kuwaiti. But they should be
called black because they live in Africa? If
so something other than objective colour
recognitin is going on.

Should the crayon the color of burnt charcoal
be labeled black when sold in Africa but brown
everywhere else?

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Your confusion is so obvious from an African perspective...and yes from a Black African perspective...although the last part of my statement is subjective....
P.S: There is no international standard for Blackness...not even one that is set up by yourself or King...none

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
alTakruri

Thanks for the lesson on the "Brown" term. This is what I was trying to get people to understand working together towards a common goal of understanding.

I know all about the chicanos claim about "Brown Pride", and really this was my first introduction to the "Brown" label. I have never really heard anybody else use this term as much as I hear it from the chicanos. It seems to be a big thing in Los Angelas with the mexican youth, along with the "LA Raza" stuff.

Thanks for showing me that the Brown label was invented to label the Malays. From that map you posted you can clearly see the bias, in the brown label. The Indian subcontinient is home to some of the Darkest people in the world, yet they made no difference of claiming it all as Brown. Like I will continue to say. The Brown label seems to be used for people who hate to recognize that they are really as dark as the African people. Thanks for the facts Altakruri

Peace

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Habari:
''King, what's your background? At least I can understand the confusion in Al's mind, but what about you...I mean I don't think you know Black people....''

And what revelation is in your possession to satisfactorily make your explanation work?

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

You failed to answer my questions about the pics I posted. What is the difference between the skin color of these people I postes. You said that there is lightskined Africans, and brown mixed people. I am asking you how can you tell the difference. What makes one Lightskinned, and the other Brown mixed. Please answer my question.

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Grumman f6f

I see you also want Habari to answer questions. I read your post in the other thread, and I agree with everything you said. The Brown label, is for people who are Afraid of being labeled as Black. This is why I don't understand why Habari seems to have it in his head that Black people is only found in Africa. If he can really tell us what is the difference in skin color with the so called Light Skinned Africans, and the Brown mixed Asians then he really should clue us in.

Peace

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
quote:

so light-skinned mulattos are white and not considered black?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
That's a non-answer you haven't defined or outlined
anything, you just restated there is confusion in
your mind. Just like AfricaI you do not speak for
a variegated continent except in your imagination.

quote:
Your confusion is so obvious from an African perspective...and yes from a Black African perspective...although the last part of my statement is subjective....
P.S: There is no international standard for Blackness...not even one that is set up by yourself or King...none

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
I am asking you how can you tell the difference.
You can't understand...I mean your not African...
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
I am asking you how can you tell the difference.
You can't understand...I mean your not African...
Then you aren't speaking form a scientific point of view, but a more tribalistic point of view instead.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

Whether you want to hear it or not, What Altakruri is saying is the truth. No one is setting up anything. What people are trying to get across to you is why should the Black label be used only for people from Africa. There are people equally as Dark as Africans who should also be labeled as black. What don't you seem to understand. All the pics I have shown you and you still have not given a good rebuttle to why the Asians should be Looked at as Brown mixed, and the Africans as Black What makes this Asian from Cambodia:
 -

Anyless Black Then this African person:

-

Face the truth Habari Both of these people are Black. One found in Asia(Cambodia), and the other found in Africa(Egypt). Whether you want to admit it or not, you have been indoctrined in seeing Black people only in Africa. This is what the Eurocentrics want to do, make people limit blacks to only Africa.

Peace

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Habari

Whether you want to hear it or not, What Altakruri is saying is the truth. No one is setting up anything. What people are trying to get across to you is why should the Black label be used only for people from Africa. There are people equally as Dark as Africans who should also be labeled as black. What don't you seem to understand. All the pics I have shown you and you still have not given a good rebuttle to why the Asians should be Looked at as Brown mixed, and the Africans as Black What makes this Asian from Cambodia:
 -

Anyless Black The this African person:

-

Face the truth Habari Both of these people are Black. One found in Asia(Cambodia), and the other found in Africa(Egypt). Whether you want to admit it or not, you have been indoctrined in seeing Black people only in Africa. This is what the Eurocentrics want to do, make people limit blacks to only Africa.

Peace

if you mean skin color then the dark man of cambodia is black and the boy below is not.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
If you were truly living in the Spanish speaking
Caribbean you wouldn't ask any such question.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
Then you aren't speaking form a scientific point of view, but a more tribalistic point of view instead.
You got it....
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Prmiddleeasterner

thanks for reading, and giving your opinion on the picture I edited out. You say the boy is not Black, that is fine. In my opinion his skin color can pass as black. But since I know that you are from Puerto Rico, then I understand why you would probably view him as Mixed.

-

Peace

scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
If you were truly living in the Spanish speaking
Caribbean you wouldn't ask any such question.

quote:
quote:
quote:

On the caribbean they are considere part black and white, niether white, neither black, be light skinned or dark-skinned, their ancestry os of both black and white,they are both, not one or the other, like things are in the USA.
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
What about my opinions...let me tell you something...this is what I think, maybe I'm wrong...please note there are many posters of African descent in this forum...but I have a feeling that Al and yourself are racist towards Black people of Africa...maybe I'm wrong...it's just a feeling...
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
What about my opinions...let me tell you something...this is what I think, maybe I'm wrong...please note there are many posters of African descent in this forum...but I have a feeling that Al and yourself are racist towards Black people of Africa...maybe I'm wrong...it's just a feeling...

There is African ancestry from my dad's maternal side of the family, also my mom's great-grandfather was mulatto.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com