EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Colorism and Africa (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Colorism and Africa
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry this post was for KING
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
Sorry this post was for KING

I know, but i wanted to answer it too. [Wink]
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habari

This is truly a sad day. *NEVER* in my life has anyone ever called me racist towards Black people of Africa. I have opened my mind to th truth about Africa and it's *True* heritage. I don't understand where in any of my posts you can point to and say this is negative towards Black Africans. What gave you the impression that I am racist towards Africans. I ask you simple questions you refuse to answer, the you all of a sudden say I am racist. Why. All I want is the truth. I could careless whether the truth is more African or European. As long as it is truth, that is what I seek. Please don't call me racist I am not. I try to study the facts, and when I am stuck on something I ask questions. This is all a truthseeker can do.

As for Altakruri, If by now you don't know that Altakrurui is from the Sahel region of West Africa, I don't know what I can say. He has never made a racist comment About Africans.

You seem to be upset that you can't answer our questions we posed to you. If you can't answer them, then it's okay, you have not lost anything. Remember we are all trying to learn from each other. I was enjoying our debate, but you accusing me and Altakruri of being Racists has soured it. I ask that you reconsider this comment you made and return to debateing with respect.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A child of inner African and European parentage
is not both black and white, that's oxymoronic.
Such a child is neither black nor white. In
translation there's a Spanish Caribbean saying
that goes; God made the white man, God made
the black man but the Devil made the mulatto.

But which old world continent would most mulattos
look like they'd most fit in and be recognized as
coming from?

quote:
Originally posted by prmiddleeastern:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
If you were truly living in the Spanish speaking
Caribbean you wouldn't ask any such question.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
quote:
I see Arabs and Melanesians, the latter being black by skin color only. [?]

All black is is a ethnic description in reference to skin color.
so light-skinned mulattos are white and not considered black?

On the caribbean they are considere part black and white, niether white, neither black, be light skinned or dark-skinned, their ancestry os of both black and white,they are both, not one or the other, like things are in the USA.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I got a spooky feeling that you want to goad
people and bait them to flame rather than address
the topic as objectively as possible.

quote:
What about my opinions...let me tell you something...this is what I think, maybe I'm wrong...please note there are many posters of African descent in this forum...but I have a feeling that Al and yourself are racist towards Black people of Africa...maybe I'm wrong...it's just a feeling...

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Habari

This is truly a sad day. *NEVER* in my life has anyone ever called me racist towards Black people of Africa. I have opened my mind to th truth about Africa and it's *True* heritage. I don't understand where in any of my posts you can point to and say this is negative towards Black Africans. What gave you the impression that I am racist towards Africans. I ask you simple questions you refuse to answer, the you all of a sudden say I am racist. Why. All I want is the truth. I could careless whether the truth is more African or European. As long as it is truth, that is what I seek. Please don't call me racist I am not. I try to study the facts, and when I am stuck on something I ask questions. This is all a truthseeker can do.

As for Altakruri, If by now you don't know that Altakrurui is from the Sahel region of West Africa, I don't know what I can say. He has never made a racist comment About Africans.

You seem to be upset that you can't answer our questions we posed to you. If you can't answer them, then it's okay, you have not lost anything. Remember we are all trying to learn from each other. I was enjoying our debate, but you accusing me and Altakruri of being Racists has soured it. I ask that you reconsider this comment you made and return to debateing with respect.

Peace

I feel your pain dude. It sucks when the very people you're trying to harmonise with turn around and label you a racist.

I think a lot of people don't actually know the meaning of racism. They can't see the forest for the trees while in the "race system", which is what racism is.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In
translation there's a Spanish Caribbean saying
that goes; God made the white man, God made
the black man but the Devil made the mulatto.

Another gem from Al
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King,
When I said that you don't take into consideration the point of view of a native African(by the way Al is not from Africa...I don't know why you placed him in the Sahel) which might have a different point of view on colorism, either you and Al wants just to impose your point of you or it's something else...And here I speak for myself, but Djehuti and PR are not even African and they can see that you keep posting pictures of brown people...But it is true that you will find Black people outside Africa no doubt: but you don't have to post pictures of Egyptian children, there are light skinned people in Africa without foreign admixture so I think both Al and you are talking about things you don't really understand...That's what SAD here...I can tell the difference easily between a light skinned person without foreign admixture from a light skinned person with foreign admixture...but you and Al can't...
P.S.: Some Americans of African descent have a kind of racist attitude towards Native African...Al has already proven his case...I thought you were in the same situation...

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habari

You can keep saying all you want that the people I posted are "Brown" people, but the fact is they *All* have the skin color of native africans. Also what does it matter what country I post of the Africans. The Egyptian pics I posted were of Nubians. There is nothing mixed about them. Why would you think that they had admixture, because you think they look brown mix. It is all well and good that you agree with Djehuti and P.R. That is fine. The truth is that you have Africans who are the same shade as those people.

Please since you can tell the difference between a unmixed african and a mixed, please tell me what is "Mixed" about those nubians I posted.

-

Now I reposted the pic, so now use your expert judgement and tell me why these kids are mixed.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also for you to claim that your opinion trumps the views of others, is nonsense. Your view is not worth more then anybody elses view point. You seem a little smug, Yes you are From Africa, good, I can respect that. What I don't like to hear is that your View is some how better then somebody elses views. Of all the pictures I posted you still have not told any of us, what makes those people "Brown" instead of Black. You have had ample time to prove your point and you haven't. The Fact is that These Asians:

-

-

-

Are as Equally "Black" as these Africans:

-

-

-

Now if you can prove that this is wrong thinking, please do.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Also Habari, spare all of us the mixed nonsense. Prove to us that you are right. These kids I posted from what I was told from the source are indeginous Africans. The only mixing in them, is with other Africans. So you don't have to use the mixed excuse. Now prove to all of us why your "Opinion" should trump everbody elses. Also understand Habari I have enjoyed our debate, but for you to think that Altakruri is a American strikes me as strange. From all the postings from him he sounded like he came from the Sahel region of West Africa, what has he posted that made you think he was american?
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
My opinion is mine and doesn't trump yours or anyone else's opinion...Al is not from Africa...Yes socially the above pictures are socially Black overall but admixture occurred in many parts of North East Africa, but the majority of people are still socially Black...In Cambodia people tend to be dark, so you can even find people darker than that kid...But you realize that you narrowed the field...earlier you were making wild generalization and included many brown people in your pictures...
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

Thanks for responding. This admixture you talk about, where did you read that it happened many parts of NorthEast Africa. From reading this forum for as long as I have, this is one of the misconceptions that the Veteran posters have been refuting. That Northeast Africa is heavily mixed. I know that some people try to stereotype Africans as having a certain look. But this is false. The hair, skin, and features is pure indeginous. I will show you a study on Egypt that shows that the Nubians and upper Egyptians mostly have African lineages. hear look at this:

Haplotype IV = E3a, V = E3b2, XI=E3b1 VII-VIII=J XV=R

Region..............(n)........IV.......V........XI.......VII......VIII.....XII.......XV
Lower Egypt ....(162).....1.2.....51.9......11.7....8.6.....10.5......3.7.......6.8
Upper Egypt.....(66) .....27.3 ...24.2 .....28.8 ...4.6 ....3.0 .......0.0...... 6.1
Lower Nubia.... (46)..... 39.1... 17.4 .....30.4 ...2.2 ....2.2 .......0.0...... 0.0

History in Africa, 32 (2005) 221-246
Genetics, Egypt, and History: Interpreting Geographical Patterns of Y Chromosome Variation

History in Africa, 32 (2005) 221-246

As you can see Habari the Upper Egyptians, and Nubians have very little mixture with the middle east, or any place else. Don't be fooled by people who claim parts of Africa is heavilly mixed. It is all a ploy because these africans don't fall under the "true negro" stereotype, so to cover there biased views on africa, eurocentrics have to say that these regions are mixed. It is all a trick to delimit Africans in Africa. These people have "Good Hair" "Thin Lips" and so on. So they can't just be African, they have to be mixed with something. This is a special kind of whining. This is the eurocentrics way of explaining away African diversity.

I will give you a example. For years people thought that the Fulani were either mixed or came from some place other then west Africa. There were all kind of stories talking about how they(Fulanis) came from the middle East or were mixed with berbers. Then they did studies on the Fulanis, and guess what, not only was it proven that Fulanis were indeginous to west Africa, they had the African lineage E3a at 100%. This showed the eurocentrics that no matter how hard they tried to push mixture and foreign origins on these people, they were without a doubt West African. I have not come across any other group of people who have a lineage of any kind at 100%.

What I am trying to tell you is that you can't always look at someone and tell they are Indeginous or not. The fulanis proved that just because you have light skin, wavy hair, and other features, that these are just as indeginous to Africa as the true negro stereotype. Keep posting Habari and learning. We all are hear to learn from one another.

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

All the pics I posted are of people who would be viewed as Black. I did not post any "Brown" people. And also only a few of them is from Cambodia. What is the difference between this:

-

-

-

And this:

-

-

-

Did you even look at the pictures I posted. *ALL* of the pics show black people. Why now are you trying to say that I have just posted Cambodians. Those are pics of Asians all over asia.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
These are from the Philippians:

-

-

-

-

-

Now from my last few posts these are most of the Asians I posted. You trying to now claim that I only used Cambodia is false. Now there can be only two reasons for this. One you never really took the time to look at the pictures I posted, or two you were so stuck on proving that Black should only be limited to Africa, that you did not care to even really take the time to actually study what I posted. Face the facts *ALL* these people are black.

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
That Northeast Africa is heavily mixed
I never said that...
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Habari

You said and i Quote "admixture occurred in many parts of North East Africa" You made it sound like these regions of Africa were heavily mixed. If you said admixture occured in *some*
parts of Northeast Africa, then I would not of gotten the idea that you did not mean heavily mixed.

The way you said many made it seem that these regions were heavily mixed. If this is not what you ment to imply, then I am sorry.

I ask you again, take the time to actually look at the pictures I posted. You will see *ALL* my pics are of people who whould easily fall under the Black label.

Peace

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
He's just mad because when he went to visit Mumbi
he found my shoes at the front door. So he turned
and went over to Wambui's but found my slippers there.

"Young American, young American, we want the young
American, ALLLL NIGHT."
was what he heard playing from
both their stereos over the sound of insanely squeaking
matress springs and assorted well pleased female
non-articulated sweet nothings. He thought he heard
'al~Takruri' when the CD was sounding the ALLL NIGHT
lyric. That's because he can't reason the i is said
like ee.

quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Also understand Habari I have enjoyed our debate, but for you to think that Altakruri is a American strikes me as strange. From all the postings from him he sounded like he came from the Sahel region of West Africa, what has he posted that made you think he was american?

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Nice map, very accurate.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much trolling, my God, when will it ever stop? 1 out of every 3 posters here is a troll and two out of three engage in some form of trolling in varying degrees.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
The above map is more like a political map, it's not valid scientifically...
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you realize that this is a CURRENT representation. Therefore useless HISTORICALLY. Infact it may be even useless currently since Northern Idea should be classified as white. In my oppinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
 -

Nice map, very accurate.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact - whats up with the Eastern Shore of the USA

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
The map is even stupid actually: Southern Africa is white? The South East US is brown? Ethiopia and Somalia have the same color as SW Asian?It's ridiculous. I'm wondering if the poster is joking or see the stupidity of that map.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
That map is purely dee bullshit. It was contrived
by noted white supremacist Lothrop Stoddard. Go
back to its first posting and follow the link to
its source.

Any non-white who agrees with that map is a fool
and would just love Madison Grant like Stoddard.
The both of them are the classic white supremist
authors of Anglo heritage of the pre-Hitler era.

I posted the map to graphically suppliment the
origins of the phony brown race concept that's
been championed here recently

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Then Yonis got to be a DICK to post something like THIS. Without evaluating it. Doesn't make sense historically ot currently.

What's your point Yonis?

quote:
by noted white supremacist Lothrop Stoddard. Go
back to its first posting and follow the link to
its source.

Any non-white who agrees with that map is a fool
and would just love Madison Grant like Stoddard.
The both of them are the classic white supremist
authors of Anglo heritage of the pre-Hitler era.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''That map is purely dee bullshit.''

That comment plus ''pure D'' from another topic a few weeks ago went wayyy back to the 50s for me. [Smile]

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
by noted white supremacist Lothrop Stoddard.

^ Poor Yonis. He's completely lost it.

Lothrop Stoddard's "Distribution of the primary races" from Lothrop Stoddard, The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1920). Scanned from an original.

It probably does not need to be noted, but it is worth keeping in mind that this map likely has little basis in reality and should be viewed as a historical artifact (as a representation of a certain racial theory).

Sadly, it does need to be noted, if your name is Yonis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Stoddard_race_map_1920.jpg

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's your point Yonis?
^

The point: A desparate man will grasp at anything, and is a pitiable site to behold.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Habari wrote:
The above map is more like a political map, it's not valid scientifically...

I agree, that map was not completly flawless. I find this German map below more accurate though.

-

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
How is it more accurate? Explain in details...you have to be able to defend what you post...please explain...
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Well for starter It displays the diversity in africa, and not foolishly lumping everyone living in that landmass as one "black" ethnicity.

Secondly you can see roughly from that map the people/regions that don't mind being called "black" vs people who do mind.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I can understand wanting to be on a winning team
but the Aryan master is never going to do more
than literally geld, de-testicle, and exploit.

So why sniff around haunts of the Great White
Aryan race like
http://forum.thiazi.net/showthread.php?t=98931
where you lifted that Bakeresquely labeled map
but left the descriptive images of the various "--ids"?
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glowatzkirassen5cw0.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glowatzkirassen6bw3.jpg

Must admit, I cracked up to see a grey haired man
as the image for the palaenegrID type of African.
Ah, pure bliss, i.e., ignorance is bliss. Maybe
Yohanis will post this map next

-

then again oops maybe not, since it clearly shows
AethiopIDs as a Negride subset. Oh, so that's why
He posted the black&white map which obscures that
point for those not in the know.

Novel
Member # 14348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well for starter It displays the diversity in africa, and not foolishly lumping everyone living in that landmass as one "black" ethnicity.

Secondly you can see roughly from that map the people/regions that don't mind being called "black" vs people who do mind.

Non-whites and people of color are horrible at strategizing what is in their long-term best interests.

Instead of using Black as an inclusive label, making the group even larger and more powerful, many medium to dark skinned people want to subdivide into browns and further into regional ethnicities ultimately becoming exclusive clans.

Meanwhile White/Caucasian encompasses everything from a tawny Arab and dark East Indian to a pink Nordic Swede.

Even through casual observance, it appears that a Black Purging is happening...
Black is increasingly limited to only those of darkest skin from the African continent.
Is this a wise strategy to accept without understanding where it leads? Why do some darker skinned people support it, when they are likely next to become purged?

It seems a strategy leading to extinction of Blackness. Is that truly the intention? That not one Black person remain in distant future?

The idea of needing a countering strategy would not matter if racism and white supremacy did not exist but they as concepts exist and have negative impact on the world.

I have always liked this short writing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
Replace the main words with Black/Brown/Beige/Red/Yellow, until reaching the 'Me'.

This quote seems appropriate for what is happening in the world.
"We must all hang together, or assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
Ben Franklin, at the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

quote:
I can understand wanting to be on a winning team
but the Aryan master is never going to do more
than literally geld, de-testicle, and exploit.

Truth.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Yonis is not representative of Somali, he's fooling around people in this forum here is what a Central Southern Somali(Haawiye/Xawaalde) who are purer Somali(less Yemeni influence)and view themselves as Black African(since they don't have much connection with Yemeni) says about this guy:
quote:
Ailamos:
Hoyaa waas. There is nothing more hideous and ugly than your character.

You run away slave from Yemen, Ethiopian loving, HIV/AIDS infected Somalis in the North are a disgrace to everything that is Somali.

Everyone knows it was the Northerners who started the Civil War, by messing with Siad Barre, and God did they get an ass whopping they will never forget. If you are a bloody Fasqash burn in hell and if you are a bloody Qaldan die of the Ethiopian AIDS.

You Arab-claiming kikuyu looking slaves need to stop hating.I had enough of your xaar talk

Here is the full exchange: Yonis is racist towards Southern Somali(allegedly purer), he hates himself, here is how he just fled when an authentic Somali confronted him:
link

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
You Arab-claiming kikuyu looking slaves
In East Africa,usually elongated Africans are located in Southern Ethiopia, Central, Southern Somalia, Northern Kenya: very dark and have very fine features: lighter people tend to have broader features:like Arabs...or like Yonis...that's why he likens Yonis to a broad faced kikuyu...that man: Yonis is not representative of Somali...he should be ignored...actually he's giving Somali a bad name...
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well for starter It displays the diversity in asia, and not foolishly lumping everyone living in that landmass as one "yellow" ethnicity.

All Asians? Or not?

Do noses dictate with "Asian"? If not, why with "African"?

-

-

Contrast Kings photos with the asian chicks' very caucasoid looking traits.

-

-

Asian

-

And I know, there are Asian people of the milky complexion, with wide noses as well, but my point was put features at stark contrast the way many people do when it comes to African features (posting a skinless phaoroh, who's skull will of course be pointy, next to a live and light "caucasian"-looking "near-easterner, next to a dark skinned african of wide facial-morphologies.

[b]I notice Djehuti
reverses this, and posts

a dark skinned African (Somali)
 -

who's nose is actually more narrow in contrast to an ancient Egyptian's depiction

-

Now look at the European!:

-

Even with their narrow-ish nose, it's still wider than the Africans!

Not to mention, African American actor Denzel Whitaker

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/78408893.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934508DE00CE818326578C88B9DB33743A284831B75F48EF45

http://www.lakidsact.com/images/headshots/large/large_denzel-whitaker.jpg

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/78420905.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934508DE00CE81832628A058450D186EC2284831B75F48EF45

many African Americans I know (dark skinned, with no recent African ancestry- like 4 of them), and come to think of it Nelson Mandela.

Well, I know about the San, but there are likely other - like bantu - Africans with similar features as far as eyes are concerned. In fact, I know I sound like AFRICAI (who I know is back, and participant in this thread), but I've even seen these features on some West Africans.

Not obsessed with looks, but since that map's been shown, I had to rattle of a wee bit.

That, and thinking of how Yonis said this:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mummy/images/ikra-01f-ramses-ii-l.jpg

was somehow symbolic of someone's unnafricanity.

What happened to Yonis1?

I'm confused. Goes from calling a group of darker Somalis proud [Beja thread] to badmouthing South/Central Somalia, and calling them 'Bantu' in a more resent thread.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
 -
There is a lot of naivety in this forum, in this picture: the light man have less elongated features(maybe he's Ethiopian) compare to the darkest ones...usually elongated persons people in Africa are among the darkest of Africans, unless they are mixed, here are pictures of Somali people from Central and Southern Somalia who had few exposure to non African unlike Northern Somalis:
 -
 -
 -
 -
Being from East Africa: I know what elongated Africans look like...Very Dark, Tall and long face and fine features...as for Northern Somali, or Mijertins like Yonis, they can speak for themselves...Personally I don't know who they are...

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
One reason this forum is a dog chasing its tail is
because everyone loves reiterating the same points
ad nauseum -- even when objectively shown to be in
error.

Progress isn't made reactively confronting bullshit
time and again. Progress is made proactively with
only strategic regard to competing peoples ideology.
No game can be won defensively whether a mental one
like chess or a physical one like football.

Nonetheless, and while it shouldn't be the main M.O.
nonsense must be countered, if possible without
constantly dwelling onit or being stuck at it.

That being said once again let's look at how the
inventor of the category defines elongated African
and who fits the classification colour notwithstanding.

-

Not that this will stop private interpretation and
misuse of the term by those who don't understand it.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
More Hiernaux
code:
           Somali      Somali     Oromo     Masai      Tutsi
(Warsingali) (Sab) (Rwanda)

Stature 168 cm 173 cm 171 cm 173 cm 176 cm

Head
length 192 mm 194 mm 190 mm 194 mm 198 mm
breadth 143 mm 145 mm 147 mm 140 mm 147 mm

Face
height 123 mm 119 mm 122 mm 121 mm 125 mm
breadth 131 mm 134 mm 133 mm 137 mm 134 mm

Nose
height 52 mm 49 mm 53 mm 54 mm 56 mm
breadth 34 mm 36 mm 37 mm 39 mm 39 mm

Relative
Trunk
length 50.7 49.7 50.3 47.7 49.7

Cephalic
Index 74.5 74.7 77.6 72.8 74.5

Facial
Index 94.1 88.5 91.5 89.0 92.8

Nasal
Index 66.0 72.8 69.0 72.0 69.6

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
What's your point Yonis?
^

The point: A desparate man will grasp at anything, and is a pitiable site to behold.

quote:
then again oops maybe not, since it clearly shows
AethiopIDs as a Negride subset. Oh, so that's why
He posted the black&white map which obscures that
point for those not in the know.

^ One of the characteristics of self haters is that their will to humiliate themselves is boundless.
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
 -
There is a lot of naivety in this forum, in this picture: the light man have less elongated features(maybe he's Ethiopian) compare to the darkest ones...usually elongated persons people in Africa are among the darkest of Africans, unless they are mixed, here are pictures of Somali people from Central and Southern Somalia who had few exposure to non African unlike Northern Somalis:
 -
 -
 -
 -
Being from East Africa: I know what elongated Africans look like...Very Dark, Tall and long face and fine features...as for Northern Somali, or Mijertins like Yonis, they can speak for themselves...Personally I don't know who they are...

^ You can find lighter skin tones in Somalia and spam them in hopes of denying that Somali are Black.

Maybe that's what Yonis will do since he is ashamed that Somali are as Black as those photos show.

But Yonis is wasting his time as you can also find lighter skin tones in Nigeria, or South Africa or Kenya, and their is simply no evidence that Somali are actually any less black skinned than Nigerians or Kenyans.

But Yonis clearly can't help it, and has made himself and object to be pitied, and a cautionary lesson against the consequences of self hatred.

rasol
Member # 4592

No perfectly accurate and scientific map of skin color exists, or can exist.

But the maps under discussion are *not* scientific at all, and based on nothing other

than ideology.

^ I guess that's another example of something that shouldn't need to be said, but does

anyway.

The most commonly referenced 'scientific' map is based on the Von Luschan scale.

-

The scale itself is flawed, but what is most interesting is that the map doesn't accurately reflect the 'scale'.

The scale is based on 36 tiles all of different color when compared to human skin.

However the map arbitrarily groups ranges of colors into bands of the same color.

This would not be so bad.... except that the bands are uneven.

Note color-band 1 thru 12 represents a single shade on the map.

Yet the 12 highest denote colors 24-36 are divded into 3 color bands.

If they were subjected to the same method as the 12 lowest colors then on the map

of Africa virtually all of tropical Africa would be 1 shade.

Alternatively if the lowest 12 colors were broken down into 3 bands, then it would be easier

to see the signficant skin color differences between Northern and Southern Europe.

^ Critical thinking must be applied to all data gathered.

It is interesting to see that if you simply post a picture on the internet some people will credit what the picture appears to suggest, without even thinking about it.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatbox my main man! I like those scrumptious Asian apple bottom pics you put up. Fantastic [Big Grin] .

Maybe I have Jungle Fever for Asian birds lol [Big Grin]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
Maybe that's what Yonis will do since he is ashamed that Somali are as Black as those photos show.

But Yonis is wasting his time as you can also find lighter skin tones in Nigeria, or South Africa or Kenya, and their is simply no evidence that Somali are actually any less black skinned than Nigerians or Kenyans.

Who ever talked about skin colour, you "black" nazi? People in that region who traditionally live at open landscape and not at higher altitude, valley or in the jungles have been scorched by the blistering sun (right close to the equator) for millenia, so ofcourse they'll be very dark, same with south asians and aboriginal southern arabians. Skin colour is an adaptive trait and thus quite irrelevant.

Here are aboriginal southern arabians, as you can see extremely dark.

-

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
By the way my posts above are just personal observations based on the people I meet...it is not scientific but Hierniaux writings seem to confirm my observations...but again it's just my mere observations...
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
Who ever talked about skin colour, you "black" nazi? People in that region who don't live at higher altitude, valley or in the jungles have been scorched by the blistering sun (right close to the equator) for millenia, so ofcourse they'll be very dark, same with south asians and aboriginal southern arabians. Skin colour is an adaptive trait and thus quite irrelevant.

Here are aboriginal southern arabians, as you can see extremely dark

Somaliland/Puntland is in high altitude? Give me a break...
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
^No they are not, the mountains in sanaag are not inhabitated.

And also just for your information i find you to talk to much nonsense, ive ignored most of the bs you've written above, in particular about yemenis, and the northern regions. next time try to shut up if you don't have anything to say instead of running that kikuyu mouth of yours on issues you know nothing about and doesn't concern you.

That german map i posted was describing regional groups in africa as a whole, it's not about somalis or some somalis you like to post because they resemble kikuyus, idiot.

also FYI these are ethiopians.

-

Can't even get that right.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Who ever talked about skin colour, you "black" nazi?
Your rage-tantrums are always cute, and only show how close to the mark we are cutting.

Truth hurts Yonis, I know, but has to be done.

As for skin color, actually you are talking about it.

It seems you are so blinded by self hating rage, that you aren't even conscious of the topic of the thread or your own [mostly silly] comments about it.

The rest of your post is even worse, but I will address it separately.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Yonis: People in that region who traditionally live at open landscape and not at higher altitude, valley or in the jungles have been scorched by the blistering sun (right close to the equator) for millenia, so ofcourse they'll be very dark, same with south asians and aboriginal southern arabians.
^ Wrong.

This is one of the most common errors with regard to skin color.

Altitude has no bearing on skin color at all.

Skin color is function of latitude.

The sad part about all your ignorant remarks is that AlTakruri is right about you.

We have gone over all this before, but you don't learn anything.

You are lazy and 'self'-hateful and rely on uneducated white supremacists misanthropes for your "information."

This is why you end up humiliating yourself over and over again.

I believe you have need for humliiation, which goes with self hate.

Anyway, I can't really help you, but it's easy to 'correct you', because everything you say is obviously wrong.

next...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com