EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The problem of what Africans see as black and what African Americans see as black (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The problem of what Africans see as black and what African Americans see as black
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know a lot of people are taking advantage when given the opportunity to flee Somalia
Yet you call Hirsi an "opportunist" so I guess you are right in a sense she made moves in order to live a better life, America is full of opportunist don't Hate.

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akoben08

quote:
Why the unnecessary hostility to Islam when she herself never even went through any bad experience with it?
1. Female mutilation
although is not jusfied in the Koran Some Muslims Believe it represent the teachings of Islam
which it does not Yonis explained this

2.Receive Death Threat for making a Movie about oppression against women in Islam then her director is Murdered

3.Forced marriage

4. she lived in Saudi Arabia that's reason enough,

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayaan Hirsi Ali/Magaan - the true story part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z82C10myBmM&feature=related

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no clear relationship between Yemeni and cushitic people, and most Yemeni languages are classified as Arabs and bedouins are only part of the Arab culture and it's myth to think that they are the original Arab, Yemeni are among the purest Arabs and don't have much in common with cushitic people, here is how their languages are classified:
Living languages

Arabic, Hadrami Spoken

[ayh] 300,000 in Yemen (1995). Population total all countries: 410,000. Hadramaut. Also spoken in Eritrea, Kenya. Alternate names: Hadromi, Hadrami. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic

Arabic, Judeo-Yemeni

[jye] 1,000 in Yemen (1995 H. Mutzafi). Alternate names: Judeo-Yemeni, Yemenite Judeo-Arabic. Dialects: San`a, `Aden, Be:da, Habban. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic .

Arabic, Sanaani Spoken

[ayn] 7,600,000 (1996). Extends as far south as Dhamar, about 14.4 degrees north. Alternate names: Northern Yemeni Arabic. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
More information.

Arabic, Standard

[arb] Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
More information.

Arabic, Ta'izzi-Adeni Spoken

[acq] 6,760,000 in Yemen (1996). Population total all countries: 6,869,000. All provinces except 2 eastern and the northeastern ones. Probably a few in United Arab Emirates, Somalia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia. Also spoken in Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya, United Kingdom. Alternate names: Southern Yemeni Spoken Arabic. Dialects: Ta'izzi, Adeni. Ta'izzi dialect is the one best-accepted throughout Yemen. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
More information.

Bathari

[bhm] Population total all countries: 200. Also spoken in Oman. Alternate names: Bautahari, Botahari, Bathara. Dialects: Close to Mehri. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, South, South Arabian
More information.

Mehri

[gdq] 70,643 in Yemen (2000). Population total all countries: 135,764. Mahrah Governorate. Also spoken in Kuwait, Oman. Alternate names: Mahri. Dialects: Western Mehri (Mehriyet), Eastern Mehri (Mehriyot). Within the main dialects there are also differences between bedouin and city or village varieties. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, South, South Arabian
More information.

Soqotri

[sqt] 57,000 in Yemen (1990 census). Population total all countries: 64,000. Mainly in Soqotra Island, hundreds in `Abd al-Kuri island, and about a dozen in Samha Island in the Gulf of Aden. Also spoken in United Arab Emirates. Alternate names: Saqatri, Sokotri, Suqutri, Socotri. Dialects: `Abd Al-Kuri, Southern Soqotri, Northern Soqotri, Central Soqotri, Western Soqotri. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, South, South Arabian
More information.

Yemeni are Arabs, and Somalis are cushitic Africans, cushitic people are located only in Africa and probably originated in Southern Ethiopia and Northern Kenya along lake Tana.

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
quote:
Originally posted by HornAfrican:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:
LOL Both of you seem to be so accustomed to making wild and unsubstantiated statements that you are so clueless. Masonic Rebel you still cling to religious commentaries and Ali because you already made up your mind. Therefore we can go no further.

Yonis, do not mistake lawlessness and banditry, a consequence of cold war destruction and western intrigue today, for proof of "rebelliousness" on the part of Somalis as opposed to AA. Somalia, like Afghanistan, the DRC and other failed states, are the way they are today mainly because of western design, not some unscientific claim of a "rebellious gene". The Islamic courts did bring back order, but clearly that was not what others wanted for Somalia.

There are different forms of slavery, and as far as I am concerned, when you are reduced to a failed state status by others, then you are essentially a slave to them. So I see no virtue in Somalis as opposed to AA. We are all vassals to whites.

Somalia has historically been a failed state since immemorial times. A central authority governing the people is unheard of, the word "state" is abnormal, "state" in somali vocabulary does not exist, the only one we have is "Dawlad" and it's a loan word from arabic. Therefor "failed state" is something natural for somalis infact i think most somalis love it (i personally advocate a central authority though).

In any case it's not just a matter of current political situation, the same pattern can be seen even further back. The british for instance had to work for themselves agriculturally in the fertile region of shabelle, southern somalia (even though they supposedly were the ones with power) since they couldn't manage to make the locals work for them.
The Italians went so far to re-enslave the "somali-bantus" (Who had been free for a long time) and they did it just for labouring purpose since ethnic somalis were impossible to put under authority.
Previously The arabs went the whole way to Mozambique and kenya/tanzania/zanzibar so to fetch slaves and brought them to Somalia for labouring purpose since they had no other option.

That's just how the nature is, African groups like Afar, Somali, Beja or Tuareg are not made for slavery.

Please stop talking nonsense and repeating here what you heard from your prejudice relatives. The first Darood were brought to Mogadishu from the current Puntland region by the Italians in the 1920/30s as forced labour who build the Catholic cathedral in Mogadishu.
Would you please try to provide any source, i can provide those for my claims.

Btw, aren't you a reer-hamar, hybrid between omani and their bantu slaves?

^^^Dayum, what is wrong with this cat smh [Frown]

quote:
Subjugate your sorry half bantu ass. How can you ever compare yourself to northern somalis?
Why are you so racist towards Bantus? What did they do to you? Isn't Bantu just a language family? Why do you speak about it as they are a race of people or something?
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
3. I'd like to know how 'Yemenites are our brothers for thousands of years' statement and Somali Bantus are not? How did the Darood Somalis and Yemenite Semites became brothers?
This is a great debate! LOL. I don't know much about Horn and East Africa being from Sunugul and have learned a lot coming on this board. It seems they are a lot like Afro-Americans and very self hating and affected by non blacks in their subconscious and worship religions that have nothing to do with them.

And, yeah, when did Arabs become the BROTHERS of Black Africans *giggles*---I gotta hear this *eats popcorn* [Smile]

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

I just got done watch the video on Hirsi Ali

Part 1 and Part 2 was entertaining

Part 3 I started thinking Fox News does a much better Job at promoting Propaganda

Part 4 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

quote:
Interviewer “Ayaan Hirsi makes up a story

If she’d been honest, this would have been her fate as Well ( In reference to the war in Somalia )

Hirsi use the concept of Taqiyya to escape war torn nation before the war started

[Smile]

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 3 I started thinking Fox News does a much better Job at promoting Propaganda

Yeh I agree, Fox news tells lies better than Ali. lol

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Habari wrote:
There is no clear relationship between Yemeni and cushitic people,

First of all learn how to read. No one said cushitic people and yemeni are the same, one being people the other being a langauge with various type of people. I said however that many people of coastal areas in the horn have for many millenia crossed the thin strip of water that seperates south arabia from hornafrica and are mixed with yemeni. There has also been back migration.

Secondly cushitic is much more related to south arabian languages than it is to other african languages like Nilo-saharan, khoisan and Niger-congo. So there you have it, if you want to use language as relationship then cushitic is much closer to yemen than rest of africa.
But of course language is useless when it comes to population relationship since anyone can adopt a language.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ What do you know about Kush or his offspring?
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yonis:Yemenites are not originally arabs as you claim, pure arabs are from hijaz mountains and bedouins who roamed from northern yemen to the Sinai desert in north. Most famous of these arabs are the Nabateans.
Yemenites however have always spoken south semetic languages and not arabic untill the advent of islam. Historically bedouins are the ones known as arabs by Yemenites. The himyarati, Minaean, Hadramout and Sabaeans never considered themselves arabs, since they described arabs as distinct roaming nomads in their text.

How do we reconcile what I posted and the above?
Again there was even a thread where many informed posters contributed confirming it is incorrect to view the Bedouins as the only pure Arabs, most Yemenis whether settled or nomads are considered as such even ask any contemporary Saudi, Iraki, North Africans, Syrian, they will tell you that the purest Arabs are Yemeni whether Yemeni Jew, Christian or Muslim, nomad or settlers...

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ What do you know about Kush and his offspring?
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
quote:
Yonis:Yemenites are not originally arabs as you claim, pure arabs are from hijaz mountains and bedouins who roamed from northern yemen to the Sinai desert in north. Most famous of these arabs are the Nabateans.
Yemenites however have always spoken south semetic languages and not arabic untill the advent of islam. Historically bedouins are the ones known as arabs by Yemenites. The himyarati, Minaean, Hadramout and Sabaeans never considered themselves arabs, since they described arabs as distinct roaming nomads in their text.

How do we reconcile what I posted and the above?
Again there was even a thread where many informed posters contributed confirming it is incorrect to view the Bedouins as the only pure Arabs, most Yemenis whether settled or nomads are considered as such even ask any contemporary Saudi, Iraki, North Africans, Syrian, they will tell you that the purest Arabs are Yemeni whether Yemeni Jew, Christian or Muslim, nomad or settlers...

Yemenites were not arabs untill recently (excluding some northern tribes in Yemen) They use to speak south semetic languages, similar to those found in Soqotra and Eritrea/Ethiopia.
Folklore and hearsay about Yemenites being the purest arabs is just what it is, folklore.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jo Nongowa:
^^ What do you know about Kush and his offspring?

What do you know about Kush and his offspring?
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ You don't believe in 'fairy tales'. Therefore, I would not expect you to utilise the term Kush as an adjective or noun.

Again, to those on this forum who use the term Kush as a noun or adjective - what do you know about Kush and his offspring?

Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't believe in fairy tales. Now answer the question...
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Jo Nongowa are you a Christian?
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ That would be like throwing pearls before 'swine'. No offense intended.
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
akoben08:

I am a student of history.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Yemeni speak the most diverse Arabic languages as I posted earlier; Socotri and Mehri are not Arab languages and are spoken by minorities, whereas Hadrami is like other Southern Arabic languages, please note the difference between Southern Semitic and Southern Arabian languages, Socotri and Mehri are Southern semitic languages but not Southern Arabian languages:

Hadhrami Arabic (also known as Hadrami Arabic [ISO-639-3]) is a variety of Arabic spoken by the people living in the Ḥaḍramawt Governorate in Yemen. It is also spoken by many Yemenī emigrants who migrated from Ḥaḍramawt to East Africa (Kenya, Somalia and Tanzania), South-east Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore) and, recently, to the Arabian Peninsula. Below is a brief account of the different linguistic levels of the dialect.

The fact that classic Arabic is used in the Quran doesn't make South Arabian languages less Arab and basically some posters interpret literally the following fact:
The arrival of Islam virtually disintegrated Old South Arabian, as Classical Arabic became the lingua franca of the region. Today, Old South Arabian exists in a few ancient texts and inscriptions. It has contributed to the local Arabic dialects of the region in much the same way that Coptic has contributed to the Egyptian dialect of Arabic.
The above extract doesn't mean South Arabian speaker are less Arab...it's even possible that Southern Arabic languages are older than Classical Arabic since they are the most diverse Arab languages...

Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
quote:
^ That would be like throwing pearls before 'swine'. No offense intended.

I don't know if you've noticed, or maybe you have, but, this ain't church. The only pearls that matter here are the ones that can be sourced and verified. Unfortunately, your precious Helios Biblos doesn't fall in that category.

So again, I ask, do you know anything about Kush and his descendants?

I suspect not seeing as you have been dancing around the question...

Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
quote:
akoben08:

I am a student of history.

Is that right? If so, then answer the question I posed earlier...
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Qahtan origins

Medieval Arabs traditions have maintained Qahtan as the origin of the Arabs. According to their own tradition, the legendary forefather of all South Arabians is Qahtan and his 24 sons. Qahtan can be identified with the Biblical Joktan, a descendant of Shem (first son of Noah) of the fourth generation. Among the sons of Qahtan are famous names like A'zaal (believed by Arabs to have been the original name of Sana'a, although its current name is attested since the Iron Age) and Hadhramaut. Another son is Ya'rub and his son Yashjub is the father of Abd Shams, who is also called Saba. All Yemeni tribes, trace their ancestry back to this Saba, either through Himyar or Kahlan, his two sons.

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
Yemeni speak the most diverse Arabic languages as I posted earlier; Socotri and Mehri are not Arab languages and are spoken by minorities, whereas Hadrami is like other Southern Arabic languages, please note the difference between Southern Semitic and Southern Arabian languages, Socotri and Mehri are Southern semitic languages but not Southern Arabian languages:

Hadhrami Arabic (also known as Hadrami Arabic [ISO-639-3]) is a variety of Arabic spoken by the people living in the Ḥaḍramawt Governorate in Yemen. It is also spoken by many Yemenī emigrants who migrated from Ḥaḍramawt to East Africa (Kenya, Somalia and Tanzania), South-east Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore) and, recently, to the Arabian Peninsula. Below is a brief account of the different linguistic levels of the dialect.

Ohh geez you really are dense and stupid arent you?
You're speaking about modern yemeni dialects like hadrami arabic, who contested about modern yemen being predominatly an arabic country?
It's like talking about Cairoan arabic dialect or maghrebian arabic dialect or sudanese arabic dialect. I was talking about Yemen pre-islamic time, not modern Yemen, dumbass.
It's an established fact that they almost all spoke southern semetic languages not arabic. However the Himyarite used to trade spice with arabs like Nabateans and Lakhmids and might have learnt and spoken arabic as second language by trade quite early during roman period, but they were still not arabs since they use to describe arabs as distinct groups. The Sabaens and Minaeans were not arabs either, they along with the rest spoke none-arabic south semetic languages similar to those in Eritrea/Ethiopia.
Note also that Yemens map has been changing all the time, just recently southern Yemen joined the northern Yemen. In anceint time Yemen was much bigger and included great part of what today is saudi arabia, that's why many arabs drew reference to yemen as their territory as it faded into Yemen.
And as for Hadramout it streached to oman and the people of Dhofar and Mahra still today speak the ancient languages of hadramout which is not arabic.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Arab itself is a vague term, who is the real Arab: the Adnanis from the North or Qahtanis from the Yemen and Southern Arabia? You seem to view Arabs as if they were English or Swedes...it has always been a vague definition throughout centuries, Ancient Yemeni spoke a Southern Arabian language and Qahtanis are descendant of Ancient Yemenis...
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Real arabs consisted of many bedouin tribes and had their epicenter in hijaz region and streched the whole way south into northern Yemen, north into Syria/Jordan and Sinai desert and East into western Mesopotamia. The Ghassanid, Lakhmids and Nabateans are the most famous of these arab tribes.
When scholars talk about arab history they never include the south arabian civilizations of Yemen. They always start with the Ghassanid, Lakhmids and Nabateans.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
When scholars talk about arab history they never include the south arabian civilizations of Yemen.
They shared cultural, history and lands since pre-islamic time, but you are right there is a distinction between Southern and Northern Arabs, especially in ancient times...
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
As I suspected, the so called 'arabised africans' on this thread have ignored or will not address the historicity of Kush, his descendants, the lands they settled and who they are today.
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
quote:
As I suspected, the so called 'arabised africans' on this thread have ignored or will not address the historicity of Kush, his descendants, the lands they settled and who they are today.

Well then I guess the floor is yours...
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ No, the ball, literally, is still in the court of the so called 'Horn Africans' who originally hail from what is known today as the Arabian peninsular.

They know who they are on this forum and are fully aware of not being the indigenees of the ancient lands of Kush and Khem in the continent known as Africa today.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
quote:
Originally posted by AMR1:
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
including Mr. Wright himself who I'm pretty sure would take offense to that.

Ok he will be offended because he consider himself black and won't like some one else to tell him what he is.
Exactly, since it is self-evident that he resembles the majority of Africans (most of who he considers "Black") more so than he does the majority of Europeans (most of whom he considers "white")

quote:
So why you African Americans are trying to impose on me and my people of upper Egypt and North Sudan that you are black, while I consider myself neither black or white and neither were my ancestors in ancient Egypt?
I'm not sure most AAs even concern themselves with Modern Upper Egyptians. Though notwithstanding that many northern sudanese and southern Egypians directly descend from ancientEgypt, is it fair only to acknowledge my initial point about Mr. Wright as it extends to other AAs I believe. It isn't so much that AAs seek to impose their view (as you are doing), but to prevent dichotomies that they deem illogical. In other words, phenotypically and by color, when AAs see pictures of AEs or review studies describing various physical attributes, they see a people whom resemble themselves. One can digress ad infinitum the various shades and features seen among Africans while nit picking which belongs in which category and according to who, but one can't blame AAs for taking a more realistic and simplistic approach to identity. If they see a people whom are more similar to themselves than to all other groups they see themselves surrounded by, then obviously, categorically (not necessarily "racially"), they will choose to use the same terms for them that they use to describe themselves as not to be so complicating or confusing to what they see with their own eyes.

BRILLIANT...BRILLIANT Post..

Thank You

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
the so called 'arabised africans'
cushitic people of Africa are black Africans: Afars, Oromos, Somalis, Boranas are as Africans as you and didn't come from the Arab peninsula...and I don't think you are particularly representative of Africans...so if people ignore your post...too bad...by the way I'm not from the Horn of Africa..
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^ You sure you understand your usage of the term "cushitic"?
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
"Cushitic" is just a linguistic term it has nothing to do with the Kushites.

Btw kushites are not the ancestors of mande in west africans as i know that's what your trying to insinuate.

Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
"Cushitic" is just a linguistic term it has nothing to do with the Kushites.

Btw kushites are not the ancestors of mande in west africans as i know that's what your trying to insinuate.

*giggles* Damn you beat me to it lol [Big Grin]

African Americans kill me with their erroneous *origin* myths [Roll Eyes]

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
^^ Do not equivocate or get obtuse.

Someone has acknowledged that a people were once identified as Cushites (progeny of Cush). Then this person gets disingenuous by stating that the term 'cushitic' has nothing to do with cushites.
Finally, this person becomes a mind reader and alleges that he knows what I am trying to insinuate, namely, that a West African nation (the Mande)are descendants of Kush.

Of course, they bloody are as their ancestral homelands and what they identify to be the heartland of the race was Kush in so called present day soouthern egypt and sudan

Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
^^ Do not equivocate or get obtuse.

Someone has acknowledged that a people were once identified as Cushites (progeny of Cush). Then this person gets disingenuous by stating that the term 'cushitic' has nothing to do with cushites.
Finally, this person becomes a mind reader and alleges that he knows what I am trying to insinuate, namely, that a West African nation (the Mande)are descendants of Kush.

Of course, they bloody are as their ancestral homelands and what they identify to be the heartland of the race was Kush in so called present day soouthern egypt and sudan

^^^Good Times [Big Grin]
KemsonReloaded
Member # 14127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KemsonReloaded     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AMR1:
As an African, who lived UNTIL 16 IN THE SUDAN and 1/3 of his adult life in the Sudan and the rest in the USA. I am 48 today. I like to say the following, may be the problem between us Africans and African Americans in regard to colour is simple.

We see Jeramiah Wright or Obama, Haille Perry as anything but black, for us to be black, you have to be a pure negroic person with negroic features or leaning to almost literally black colour.

In the other hand Reverand Wright and light skin African Americans will probably kill any one who would call him/them white.

AMR1, if you, as a Black African have a child or might have a child whose mother happens to be White (assuming you are a male), and your child happened to grow up in Sudan, speaks the native tongue and knows the traditions, wouldn't your child be considered a Sudanese/tribal origin? Why do the Kenyans see Obama as a Black Kenyan citizen, even if he is light skinned.

If we forwarded into the future and Obama's bloodline continues in Kenya and in America, where family ties between the two remain intact, would the American extended bloodline be considered less Black because some Black cousin got some White girl pregnant and a baby or two?

When Black Africans inter-marry and have children, those children are considered Black Africans (especially when they speak their language). When those children are lucky to be properly raised, and learn of the long Black African history, they wouldn't want to be insulted or degraded, no matter where they are born; just as Jeramiah Wright or Barack Obama, Haley Berry and other Black folks. As a matter of first priority, humans recognize their offspring by bloodline and not by color of skin as you erroneously suggested.

Maybe your time here in the United State has conditioned and forced you to model your world view around the highly incorrect and flawed Eurocentric world view based on skin color. I, as a Black African, who accepts just about everything which defines my Blackness, don't what you see. So it is best if you speak from yourself from your point of view, rather than generalizing and assuming all Black Africans share your thoughts.

What you fail to understand, even though you're now 48 and have been in the United States for 22 years, since you were 16, is that the word "Black" to African Americans is used interchangeably for expressing their recognition of genetic relationship and shades of color (which is a result from that genetic relationship). One needs to be raised within the core of the African American environment to fully understand how the term, "Black", is used interchangeably to express both genetic recognition and shades of Black skin color at the same time.

Posts: 213 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet they insist on portraying them as white/pale skinned people...Critically thinking is indeed critical!

quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
;-)

-

Some think: certain Africans are of certain natures.

I think: in certain circumstance any one will go loose control of themselves. %)

"[...]Sengbe's picture hangs in many public buildings and black colleges in the United States. An account of his gallant deeds appears in many history books. His portrait features on the five-thousand-leones bank note in Sierra Leone. http://www.swagga.com/amistad.htm

A Few Revolts

1526 According to Aptheker, and others, the first documented enslaved African rebellion in the Western Hemisphere, was at the Spanish settlement of San Miguel de Gualdape where enslaved Africans rebelled against their conditions in the fall of 1526.

1537 The first documented enslave African rebellion in Mexico, occurred in 1537; this was followed by the establishment of various runaway enslave African's settlements called "palenques.".

1600 In Brazil, in a sugar cane region near the Atlantic ocean known as Pernambuco, a group of 40 enslave Africans rebelled against their master. They killed all the white employees and burned the houses and plantation. They headed to a very hostile area in the mountains, known as Palmares, because of its abundance of palm trees. In this place an African community was born which lasted for over 100 years. It was divided into eleven fortified sites. There, a population estimated to be about 20 000 free Africans created a new religion and a common language to bring together at least six different African cultures. It is argued that they organized the first socialist society in world. They also mobilized an army that could take over Pernambuco, if they wanted to. They defeated seven attacks from Brazilian military forces and from a Dutch army that had invaded and occupied that region for some years. They ignored a proposal of peace and freedon for all, from the king of Portugal. Zumbi of Palmares, today a hero for Brazilian blacks, was the name of an young acolyte who grew up and became the greatest leader of this African community. Also in this community"

Back to Kemet...

As any most populations change in terms of physical appearance, 'mixed' or un-'mixed', mainstream scientists consider the Beja of Sudan to be the closest population that bears resemblance to the AE

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Btw kushites are not the ancestors of mande in west africans as i know that's what your trying to insinuate
that is a good one. woh in the world are the mande decsended from? and what the heck is a wolof? [Confused] Are they even mentioned in ancient text?

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'M ABOUT TO POST!!!!

I'M ABOUT TO POST!!!!

HAHAHAHA HEEEEEEEEEE

The roaches better run. LOL : )

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This needs to be said. The African Americans on this forum are some of the most helpless, victim mentalitied, low self-esteemed people on this planet. No wonder you losers don't run any businesses.

You guys are a bunch of born losers and your postings confirm it.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Hey Yonis the soSmali and northern soSmali!

somalinet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=103424&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The computers at the library have high speed not dialup so I have no problem with images, you can't say that I'm lying. Not even a widdle biddi soSmali lie. LOL, LOL, double LOL!

northern soSmalis below
http://i9.tinypic.com/4r134ow.jpg

The above is listed in the previous link.

Have a good nights rest Yonis. : )

a wala wala, a walaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

axiulixiexeliux : )

bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Oh yeah, Oh yeah, I forgot, I forgot.

hoygasuugaanta.com/Addoon.htm

a wala wala, a walaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NatiW
Member # 13862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NatiW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now do you see mentality of Black-Arabs are killing indigenous black africans in darfur?

I am African, Ethiopian. Most africans see themselves as a nationality/ethnic groups, rather than color. Why ? We defined ourselves by our culture. Most africans are not sitting wondering why african americans called themselves african americans. We are too busy going to school and helping family memebers back
home. Most africans beliebve North Africans are just arabs, not really african.

Posts: 22 | From: yene ketema | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abdulkarem3:
and what the heck is a wolof? [Confused] Are they even mentioned in ancient text? [/QB]

Are you serious? They are a large West African ethnic group who founded the Jolof empire in the 13th century and still are the largest group in Senegal. Why'd they be mentioned in "ancient texts" is beyond me, I'm not even sure that their title ("Wolof") is even all that ancient.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
*giggles* Damn you beat me to it lol [Big Grin]

African Americans kill me with their erroneous *origin* myths [Roll Eyes]

Obviously Wolofi has a problem with African Americans. It goes with out saying that this is NOT an African-American exclusive myth, it is espoused by a small minority like Clyde and others. I've always never understood the Mande-Super man theory. Ironic though that you criticize widely established "origin myths", when your people are 90% Muslim. Of course, YOU were the one who referred to "Allah" as a "non-existent Arab demon" (paraphrasing).
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White_Oaf_She is not Wolof.

I query that one on Wolof spirituality.
I get no reply other than Islam-bashing.

I queried that one on the origins of the Wolof polity.
I got no reply other than Jew-bashing.

I thus conclude that since that one can tell
us nothing about matters close to the heart of
the Wolof, then that one is not in fact is not
a Wolof but a spoofer, and probably an oafish
white female one at that.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andriano
Member # 13337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andriano   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NatiW:
Now do you see mentality of Black-Arabs are killing indigenous black africans in darfur?
I am African, Ethiopian. Most africans see themselves as a nationality/ethnic groups, rather than color. Why ? We defined ourselves by our culture. Most africans are not sitting wondering why african americans called themselves african americans. We are too busy going to school and helping family memebers back home. Most africans believe North Africans are just arabs, not really african.

Tribes of Veneti Slavs called Vandals, have "vandalized" Rome, destroyed the Roman empire and finally through France and Spain travelled to Africa where they have settled on the shores of the Mediterrannean in today's Tunisia and Libya. The graphic depicts a Veneti-Vandal symbol for 'the hands of god'.

The original home of the Vandals (and Ostrogoths) was the area between southern Poland and northern Serbia. The migration of Vandal Slavic warriors from central Europe into Africa has made all Slavs more susceptible to subsequent invasions both from the west and from the east and marks the beginning of the break-up of the Veneti empire.

About the Ostrogoth (Vandal) culture we find very little concrete informaiton only various guesses, mostly by Germanic scientists who assume, because of the Roman name "Ostrogoths" that they were in some ways related to "Goths and Visigoths". The problem lies in the Roman names, since to the Romans all the tribes who were not speaking Latin were "Goths" and then they subdivided them into various subgroups such as Ostrogoths (Slavs). Visigoths, etc.

In a similar way the Greeks called all tribes and peoples which were non-greek speaking "Barbarians", and the Slavs called non-Slavic speaking tribes (specifically Germanic tribes) as "Nemtsi" which means "the dumb ones".

To find the proof that Ostrogoths (including Vandals) were Slavs we just have to look at the typically Slavic names of their leaders. While the language of the Ostrogoths is still shrouded in mystery (maybe on purpose since Germanic researchers don't want to admit that they were Slavs), and since also their writing is also shrouded in a similar "mystery", one thing that is not shouded and which had remained to this day are the Slavic names of their leaders. Here are just a few names of the leaders and of their dynasties: Valamir, Theodemir, Theodoric, Athalaric, Eraric, Geiseric, Gunderic, Hilderic, Gelimir, etc. Furthermore the name Vandals is no doubt related to the Venden (Wenden) which are aboriginal Slavic population living to this day in central Germany. To Slavic researchers the Venden (Wenden) are known as Sorbs.

What is most interesting are the Roman sources which claim that Ostrogoths (Slavs) have come from Phrygia, whic only confirms the previously stated information that Phrygians (also called Brigs) were Slavs. So while Visigoths were most likely Germanic tribes, Ostrogoths were Slavs. The confusion comes only from the common name of "Goths" given to all by the Romans.
Source: http://www.slovio.com/venetnikis/index.html
The Vandals were an East Germanic tribe that entered the late Roman Empire during the 5th century. The Goth Theodoric the Great, king of the Ostrogoths and regent of the Visigoths, was allied by marriage with the Vandals as well as with the Burgundians and the Franks under Clovis.
The Vandals are perhaps best known for their sack of Rome in 455. Although they were not notably more destructive than others, the high regard in which later European cultures came to hold ancient Rome led to the association of the name of the tribe with persons who cause senseless destruction, particularly in diminution of aesthetic appeal or destruction of objects that were completed with great effort

The Ostrogoths (Latin: Ostrogothi or Austrogothi) were a branch of the Goths, an East Germanic tribe that played a major role in the political events of the late Roman Empire. The other branch was the Visigoths.

The Ostrogoths established a relatively short-lived successor state of Rome in Italy and the Pannonia, even briefly incorporating most of Hispania and southern Gaul. They reached their zenith under their Romanised king Theodoric the Great, who patronised such late Roman figures as Boethius and Cassiodorus, in the first quarter of the sixth century. By mid-century, however, they had been conquered by Rome in the Gothic War (535–554), a war with devastating consequences for Italy.

Posts: 46 | From: island Nova Zemlia (North Icy ocean) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
White_Oaf_She is not Wolof.

I query that one on Wolof spirituality.
I get no reply other than Islam-bashing.

I queried that one on the origins of the Wolof polity.
I got no reply other than Jew-bashing.

I thus conclude that since that one can tell
us nothing about matters close to the heart of
the Wolof, then that one is not in fact is not
a Wolof but a spoofer, and probably an oafish
white female one at that.

^^^This all coming from a White Jews with a Moorish avatar that says Ancient Africans were homosexuals and Jews ruled the Sahel.

I mean really do you think I even remotely take you seriously? [Roll Eyes]

blackmanthinking
Member # 17520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmanthinking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com