EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Classic Greece and its population's origins (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Classic Greece and its population's origins
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post should be directed towards Arrow99..I haven't denied any of the genetic evidence of African ancestory in Greece. I was commenting on the need to push this over and over again to Europeans that want to deny it that's all and the ethics of Afrocentricity.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
the Benin haplotype accounts for HbS associated chromosomes in Sicily, Northern Greece, Southern Turkey, and South West Saudi Arabia, indicating that these genes had their origin in West Africa. - Graham R. Serjeant, MD, FRCP

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARROW99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has almost no historical importance.
Posts: 904 | From: Texana | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ It is of the utmost importance according to historians:

One can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and in Anatolian and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia - Larry Angel.

It's 'your' posts that are devoid of 'importance', Arrow.

No importance, no relevance, no substance and no meaning.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARROW99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rasol,

The quote you posted from Larry Angel does not make the issue of historical importance. Even if all this silliness were correct it would still not be important, certanily not to the historical era. In terms of pre history you do not have enough data to fill up a thumble.

Posts: 904 | From: Texana | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Listen very carefully Arrow, before you get banned again for your inept trolling:

Your problem is...you present no evidence to the contrary of Professor Angel.

In fact, you present nothing of any value whatsover. You never have.

That's why you have never been given any credit whatsover for anything by anyone....ever.

And you never will, either.

Is that clear?

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rasol Rocks! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
You listen rasol. You seem to have a real problem reading the english language. I did not argue with Larry Angel. I said the topic was of little or no historical importance. Even if all of your radical afrocentric rascist babble on the subject were correct IT STILL WOULD NOT BE IMPORTANT to the historical era.
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARROW,
I've been reading your posts, I still don't understand what you're trying to explain...on that note I'm African myself and I know what Europeans and West Asians look like and they have mixed features if you use Africans as a base. They appear to be a mix of broad faced Africans and Elongated Africans. That's just my eyes but when you check their blood, it's the same story. That confirms something I suspected long time ago.
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
More from the same thread mentioned above: The Sir Arthur Evans labelled "Captain of the Blacks" fresco. In this repro they've deliberately excluded the head of the first black runner but you can see it on p.137 if you have The Image of the Black in Western Art vol. 1.

I have the book. Sorry I took so long.

Late Minoan II art [Frank Snowden]
Dated 1500-1450 B.C. [Source]

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The earliest inhabitants were the Cycladic Greeks and Minoan Greeks. The islanders were essentially Greeks. They were heavily influenced if not almost identical culturaly to Egyptians.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha-cha-cha!!! A tip o' the hat and thank you very much. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
I have the book. Sorry I took so long.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must also report that there is a white asiatic group of people that were found in northern cyprus and in several regions in anatloia.

They are white but display two anomalies. One they have tight curly hair like African Negro but are not ata all related. The have mesomorphic bodies and mediteranean features ie medium length faces with rounded heads. From several pictures and from several paintings I am starting to get the idea that these easily tanning individuals were depicted as black despite being of this Anatlian type of stock possibly asiatic. They share teh same features with several Meso-American and South American tribes.

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really?

Also, their not related how???

Genetically, right?

You know your phenes from your genes(?), I hope.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] OK, I'll bite.
What pray tell is an "African Negro?"
While you're at it please list the
varous "negros" and define the term.

Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by Ephestion:
... African Negro ...

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
NO.
Squirm.

Negro is the classic endomorphic black negro, the typical mesomorphic Europeans have also a very small group of Afro type hair. Tight curly hair and yet their features and body are all typical european. They can have many generations of children without any having such hair and then many generations later it appears. The colour of the skin is consistant with mediteranean Europeans ie they tan much more easily and darker but in cold places can turn as white as scandinavians. The typical longer face found in mediteranean people along with slightly asiatic light frame are indicative of this almost extinct group. They are thought to be the early Cycladic people or Sea People. The Tight Curly hair has nothing to do with coming out of africa theory, it just happens that of the three human types Lybian, European and Asian that all three can develop characteristics of any group. That is why we are all ultimately of the same ancestoral family.

All this is suggesting that even if the Cycladic Greeks had the same culture as Egypt it doesnt mean that Africa developed its culture indepednantly from Greece. Infact Minoans and Mycenae as well as Cycladi Greeks were probably instrumental in the development of the Egyptian civilisation. In otherwords you could also say at several points in develeopment of civilisation that the Egyptian culture was like the Cycladic and proto-Hellenic culture. However, it is clear from history and from archaeology that Egypt became what it was not because of African society and civilisation but due to the fact many civilisations passed through Egypt again towards 3000-500BC. It was the re-unifiaction of peoples in Egypt that ultimately created a surge of great development in EGypt and Africa during this period.

So in accordance with what has been traditionally considered as part of early pagan faith the Greeks were always where they are today. They never came from anywhere. If you are talking at the very very begining then egypt would possibly be their closest starting point. Although what was Egypt? was it all the lands to its East that border with teh Med? Did the term Egypt initially mean all the eastern med including Greece and the islands?Was Egypt only the southern or northenr part of the nile?

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Negro is the classic endomorphic black negro,

^ The 'new' foolishness. [Roll Eyes]

This is typical of the nonsense rhetoric of race - in which people throw arcane terms around hoping no one notices that they haven't a clue as to what the terms actually mean.

Endomorph basically means - fat, and round and designed to retain heat.

For example - neanderthal was endomorphic.

Probably the most endomorphic modern humans are the Eskimo.

Endomorphy is considered a kind of artic, or cold weather adaptation wherein fat preserves heat.

As black is tropical adaptation - the phrase typical endomorphic 'black' is and oxymoron.

ps - the rest of your post is ad hoc jibberish and so ignored.

At any rate, you've made it clear that you have no idea what you're talkinga about.

Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Ectomorph is the non V shaped tall guys? You know your racist differentiation better than me.
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Why don't you try to find the answers, before going any further?
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ab2liYJwtt0

--------------------
Black Roots.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
You, rasol, just cant handle the truth.
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Truth is, your posts are silly, and so...easily 'handled'. Now go away.
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
Interesting:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ab2liYJwtt0

I had no fucking idea that Turks and Greeks hated each other so much.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
there is no evidence, probably is not fact
One of the things that make toying with you fun "professor" is that you are a Eurocentrist pseudo scholar who is probably ignorant of almost every facet of scholarship that might be associated with and actual college degree ['probably' you are and american high school flunk out].

All scientific theory is rooted in probability.

When a scientist states that something is 'probably' true, it is a very strong statement.

It must be based on a *preponderence* of evidence - ie - probability - not a lack of evidence.

In science - a lack of evidence means that you do not even have, a proper theory.

But then, you don't understand even elementary principals of science do you?

Here I'll show you:

30 years ago, anthropologist Larry Angel said there was probably a migration from Africa to Greece in the Neolithic.

Genetics has confirmed that Larry Angel was probably right.

Now, you probably hate this fact.

But, you probably don't understand genetics.

You are probably also extremely lazy and will never bother to read Larry Angel's study - beyound what I 'spoon feed you'.

But then, you're probably and idiot who hasn't a prayer of refuting Larry Angel's work even if you read it.

Deep down, you probably know this, and that is one reason you don't even bother to read it.

It would be like Forest Gump reading Albert Einstein, probably a waste of his 'precious' time.

For all these reasons, all of your pleading posts in all probability accomplish nothing except to make you look like the empty headed racist fool you probably are.

But don't feel insulted, after all...I said 'probably'.

Like Professor Angel, I base probability on the case evidence.

And having said that, I rest my case.

Good day Professor. [Cool]

I never said what a good post this was, but although hore isn't the brightest apple in the bunch, or really that bright of an apple to begin with, you made a good point.

A common fallacy is that science is absolute.

It's not, but close, and that that's a truth.

quote:
quote:
Negro is the classic endomorphic black negro,

^ The 'new' foolishness. [Roll Eyes]

This is typical of the nonsense rhetoric of race - in which people throw arcane terms around hoping no one notices that they haven't a clue as to what the terms actually mean.

Endomorph basically means - fat, and round and designed to retain heat.

For example - neanderthal was endomorphic.

Probably the most endomorphic modern humans are the Eskimo.

Endomorphy is considered a kind of artic, or cold weather adaptation wherein fat preserves heat.

As black is tropical adaptation - the phrase typical endomorphic 'black' is and oxymoron.

ps - the rest of your post is ad hoc jibberish and so ignored.

At any rate, you've made it clear that you have no idea what you're talking
a about.
LMBAO!

In my belief system everything is part of a purpose, and it

seems we've had more than a few such as this one who's purpose is COMEDY.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlexandertheConqueror
Member # 13806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlexandertheConqueror     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, the ancient Greeks were black. Everyone is black. The earth is black. black is black. Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black. Lets rename this forum to BlackSearch and discuss the blackness of black in everything relating to blacks in every topic about anything black. Hey wait a minute! Those smiley icons to the left seem to have a black african origin or some sort of influence because some of them are darker which means... Oh wait computers were developed by blacks in Africa and exported across the lands to...oh crap im black and I just built a pyramid! [Eek!] Thank you Black jesus!!!! Damn the Eurocentrists for forcing me to type in the english language but how could that be when English is African in origin! The Eurocentrists are actually European blacks keeping their African brothers down. Stop Black on Black crime. Peace out! Word [Eek!]
Posts: 32 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
Supercar
quote:

The archaeological evidence points to only a few reasonable certainties about Minoan history. Around 3000 BC, Crete was settled by a people who probably came from Asia Minor, who, by 2000 BC was already living in cities, trading with other nations in the Mediterranean, and employing a hieroglyphic system of writing, probably derived from Egyptian hieroglyphics. This hieroglyphic writing would eventually evolve into a linear script. They built magnificent palace centers at Knossos, Phaistos, and Kato Zakros; these palaces seem to have dominated Cretan society. We have no idea what language they spoke, but they certainly spoke a non-Hellenic language (that is, a language not closely related to Greek) and probably spoke a non-Indo-European language. "

Source: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/MINOA/MINOANS.HTM

You are right they did speak a none Indo-European language.

There is evidence for the Minoan language. The language they spoke was related to the Mande group of languages. These Mande speakers formerly occupied a large part of the Fezzan ( in modern Libya)before they migrated to the Niger river valley. The Mande languages are members of the Niger-Congo Superfamily of languages.

Every since Arthur Evans discovered the Hieroglyphic and Linear A writing of Crete there has been a search for the authors of this writing.

Some Grecian traditions indicate that Libyans (called Garamante) formerly lived on Crete. This suggest that some of the Eteocretans may have spoken one of the ancient languages of Libya.

A major group from Libya that settled Crete were the Garamante. Robert Graves in (Vol.1, pp.33-35) maintains that the Garamante who originally lived in the Fezzan fused with the inhabitants of the Upper Niger region of West Africa.

This theory is interesting because the chariot routes from the Fezzan terminated at the Niger river. In addition, the Cretan term for king "Minos", agrees with the MandeManding word for ruler "Mansa". Both these terms share consonantal agreement : M N S.

The name Garamante, illustrates affinity to Mande morphology and grammar. The Mande language is a member of the Niger-Congo group of languages. The name for the Manding tribe called "Mande", means Ma 'mother, and nde 'children', can be interpreted as "Children of Ma", or "Mothers children " (descent among this group is matrilineal) .

The word Garamante,can be broken down into Malinke-Bambara into the following monosyllabic words Ga 'hearth', arid, hot'; Mante/Mande , the name of the Mande speaking tribes. This means that the term: Garamante, can be interpreted as "Mande of the Arid lands" or "Arid lands of the children of Ma". This last term is quite interesting because by the time the Greeks and Romans learned about the Garamante, the Fezzan was becoming increasingly arid.

-

Keftiu

The Egyptians called the Cretans Keftiu. There is agreement between the Keftiu names recorded by Egyptian scribes (T.E. Peet, "The Egyptian writing board BM5647 bearing Keftiu names". In , (ed.) by S Casson (Oxford, 1927, 90-99)), and Manding names.

-

Keftiu
The root kef-, in Keftiu, probably is Ke'be, the name of a Manding clan , plus the locative suffix {i-} used to give the affirmative sense, plus the plural suffix for names {u-}, and the {-te} suffixial element used to denote place names, nationalities and to form words.

On the Egyptian writing board there are eight Keftiu names. These names agree with Manding names:

Keftiu....... Manding

sh h.r........ Sye

Nsy ..........Nsye

'ksh .........Nkyi

Pnrt Pe,..... Beni (name for twins)

'dm ..........Demba

Rs............. Rsa

This analogy between Keftiu and Manding names is startling.

In conclusion, the evidence of similarity between Keftiu names and names from the Manding languages appear to support Graves view that the Eteocretans, who early settled Crete may have spoken a language similar to the Mande people who live near the Niger. Conseqently, there is every possibility that the Linear A script used by the Keftiu, which is analogous to the Libyco Berber writing used by the Proto-Mande .

See:

C. A. Winters, "The influence of the Mande scripts on ancient America", de l'IFAN>, t59, serB, no.1, (1977) pp.941-967.

C.A. Winters, "The ancient manding Script", In , (ed.) by Ivan van Sertima, ( London: Rutgers University Press Transaction Press , 1981) pp.208-214), may be written in an aspect of the Manding (Malinke/Bambara) language.

Black Greeks

Clyde Winters

^^Up
Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tutemkasret
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Genetics makes no links between any black Africans and historicc Greeks , of any kind.
I asked you to prove that over and over and all you could say is that the genes are there with NO specifics to prove your case.

The roots of Greek civilization was African. The
original founders of Grecian civilization were dark
pigmented Pelasgians.

Although these people of the Heroic age came from
diverse origins, the Aryan-Greeks called them
Pelasgians. According to the Greeks, the first man was
Pelasgus--ancestor of the Pelasgians. The Pelasgians
were a combination of different Black tribes called
Achaeans, Cadmeans, Leleges, Carians or Garamantes.

The term Pelasgian was applied to all these
pre-Hellenic inhabitants of Greece. R.J. Hopper, in
The Early Greeks, noted that "indeed the classical
Greeks believed in the separate existence of diverse
ethnic elements side by side, and thought particularly of the Pelasgians in this
connection".

According to tradition, the Pelasgians inhabited
Arcadia and many Aegean Islands. These Blacks took
their own writing to Greece which was later used by
the Aryan-Greeks. According to Herodotus quadrigas or
four-horse chariots were introduced to Greeks by the
Libyans .

The Aryan-Greeks adopted the language of the
Pelasgians and Egyptians. The linguistic evidence
shows that there was a differentiation of Greece into
East Greek and West Greek. The Black Greeks spoke East
Greek (Achaioi or Achaean). West Greek was spoken by
the Dorian or Aryan Greeks. The earliest Aryan tribe
called Ionians spoke a dialect of East Greek called Aeolic.

Many classical scholars teach the world that the Greek
language is entirely Indo-European. This view of Greek
is wrong.

Dr. Anna Morpurgo Davies, has made it clear that "less
than 40% of the words which have an Indo-European
etymology". According to Dr. Davies, 52.2 % of the
Greek terms in Chantraine's Dictionnaire Etymologique
de la langue Grecque (1968) have an unknown etymology.
The mixed nature of the Greek language results from
the early settlement of the Aegean by Blacks from Africa,
especially Egypt and Libya.

Some of these words are of African origin. Robert K.G.
Temple, in The Sirius Mystery, shows that many of the
most common words of the Greek vocabulary are of
Egyptian origin. Diop (1991) has also discussed the
Egyptian origin for many Greek terms.

Given the fact that the Greek language lacks full
cognation with Indo-European languages proves that
Indo Europeans were not the founders of Greecian
civilization. To know Greece, we must look to Egypt
and the rest of Africa to explain the origin of this
civilization.

There is also genetic evidence that supports and
African origin for the Greeks. Check out this papers:

HLA genes in Macedonians and the sub-Saharan origin of
the Greeks.

Arnaiz-Villena A, Dimitroski K,Pacho A, Moscoso J, Gomez-Casado E, Silvera-Redondo C, Varela P, Blagoevska M, Zdravkovska V,Martinez-Laso J.

Molecular Biology, H. 12 de Octubre, Universidad
Complutense, Madrid, Spain.
aarnaiz@...

HLA alleles have been determined in individuals from the Republic of Macedonia by DNA typing and sequencing.
HLA-A, -B, -DR, -DQ allele frequencies and extended haplotypes have been for the first time determined and the results compared to those of other Mediterraneans, particularly with their neighbouring Greeks. Genetic distances,neighbor-joining dendrograms and correspondence analysis have been performed. The following conclusions have been reached: 1) Macedonians belong to the
"older" Mediterranean substratum, like Iberians
(including Basques), North Africans, Italians, French, Cretans, Jews, Lebanese,Turks (Anatolians), Armenians
and Iranians, 2) Macedonians are not related with
geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum, 3) Greeks are found
to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan
(Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307,
*0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining
dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time
period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the
displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in
pharaonic Egypt.

PMID: 11260506 [PubMed -indexed for MEDLINE]

^^Up
Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Ignoring the Clyde Winters nonsense...

quote:
Originally posted by AlexandertheConqueror:

Yup, the ancient Greeks were black. Everyone is black. The earth is black. black is black. Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black. Lets rename this forum to BlackSearch and discuss the blackness of black in everything relating to blacks in every topic about anything black. Hey wait a minute! Those smiley icons to the left seem to have a black african origin or some sort of influence because some of them are darker which means... Oh wait computers were developed by blacks in Africa and exported across the lands to...oh crap im black and I just built a pyramid! [Eek!] Thank you Black jesus!!!! Damn the Eurocentrists for forcing me to type in the english language but how could that be when English is African in origin! The Eurocentrists are actually European blacks keeping their African brothers down. Stop Black on Black crime. Peace out! Word [Eek!]

^ No need to act foolish 'Alexander'. No one says the ancient Greeks were black persay, BUT there is evidence that they share mixed ancestry-- some of which is from Africa.

Such evidence came first from physical anthropology where there are skeletal remains dating from the Neolithic around the Aegean all the way to mainland Greece. These remains showed African affinity.

Recent evidence in the form of genetics first from Spanish immunologist Arnaiz-Villena in his study of HLA genes in Greeks. We also have genetic studies showing the origins of sickle cell anemia in Greeks to be also of African origin. And finally the African Y-chromosomal lineage E3b was also found among the Greek population. All of these genes and/or genetic markers all date from the same time period as the skeletal remains-- the Neolithic. The Neolithic was the very time period that agriculture and animal domestication was introduced to Europe, specifically Greece!

Now, at first glance you may think this all a bunch of Afrocentric nonsense but I assure you these are all facts and not everyone on this forum is black, let alone Afrocentric (that includes ME)!

Posts: 26237 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh, this is a thread to get straight to the point cause when we made the point in passing mention, the fool littered the forum with foolishness, so we exposed him as a fool.

What's you problem fool? [Big Grin]

I feel you but you don't feel us.

The fact of blackness in some of the great cultures of the world is one of the most suppresed "facts" in the world.

Here, we don't except that trash.

I do however tire of nubians, dynastic European races, and nubian caucasoids.

quote:
Originally posted by Alexander the pointless:
Yup, the ancient Greeks were black. Everyone is black. The earth is black. black is black. [...] Lets rename this forum to BlackSearch and discuss

What a great idea! Glad we could be of service to you to help foster such an idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Alexander the pointless:

[...]The Eurocentrists are actually European blacks keeping their African brothers down. Stop Black on Black crime.

Word G.
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Recent evidence in the form of genetics first from Spanish immunologist Arnaiz-Villena in his study of HLA genes in Greeks. We also have genetic studies showing the origins of sickle cell anemia in Greeks to be also of African origin. And finally the African Y-chromosomal lineage E3b was also found among the Greek population. All of these genes and/or genetic markers all date from the same time period as the skeletal remains-- the Neolithic. The Neolithic was the very time period that agriculture and animal domestication was introduced to Europe, specifically Greece!

Now, at first glance you may think this all a bunch of Afrocentric nonsense but I assure you these are all facts and not everyone on this forum is black, let alone Afrocentric (that includes ME)!

To be honest, I am skeptical of the Arnaiz-Villena study. The Greeks cluster even closer to sub-Saharans than Siwa Egyptians, when simple geography would dictate the reverse! I can't argue with the other data though.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannosaurus:

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

To be honest, I am skeptical of the Arnaiz-Villena study. The Greeks cluster even closer to sub-Saharans than Siwa Egyptians, when simple geography would dictate the reverse! I can't argue with the other data though.
There lies the problem. To be skeptical of something, you ought to know what you are specifically disagreeing with. Sounds to me like the skepticism driven by dogma instead of science.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Supercar, always with the direct and most relevant forum input.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Professor "Arrow"-head wrote: And you base all of these contentions on PROBABLY and yet claim to be some sort of scholar
^ So here we have Professor Arrow, a self-described scholar not understanding that all science is based on probability, and not absolutes [as is the case with some religous doctrine].

So he attacks Professor Larry Angel's use of the word 'probably', and imagines it to be a form of doubt-casting on Angel's scholarship...when it actually evidences Arrow's own dubious intellect.

Yes probably....and given the precense of Benin Hbs sickle-cell autosome, and 24% African paternal ancestry in modern Greece.... Angel was probably right.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Tyr0 writes: Greeks cluster even closer to sub-Saharans than Siwa Egyptians, when simple geography would dictate the reverse!
Why?

The Greeks and Fulani have Benin Hbs autosome, the Siwa and Zulu do not.

The Siwa and Greeks have substantial E3b Y chromosome, the Fulani and Zulu do not.

The question for all Eurocentric deniers of African ancestry in Greeks is always the same.

Where do these genes come from - if not from Africa?

Never is this question answered.

All Eurocentrists can do is attempt to confound this reality - by changing the subject.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Of course, but as to T-rex's question I can see that the study depends on what type of genes is being studied. Simply put, the African genes that Greeks possess are not shared by *all* African groups.
Posts: 26237 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Where do these genes come from - if not from Africa?
Or better yet, since these genes ARE African, how did Greeks inherit them- if not from Africans?
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousin who is mixed race
 -

-

her father - the darkest member of the family.
 -

victoria rowell with her biological mixed race daughter,who somewhat resembles my mixed race cousin,must be the prominence of the teeth.
 -

No shock to imagine greeks having remote african origins.If within my own family the overt africaness has dissapated within one generation it can also in them.

our african ancestry is the damara from namibia,the mpondomise from the eastern cape,the khoisan,and one from zanzibar.Though my cousin does not have damara ancestry.

I can't tell if lauding up the afro-asiatic origins of greece is an attempt to diminish the enormous achievements of those descended from the germanic,celtic,slavic groups who have contributed so much to our current state? That seems to be the fear though of many.

Or is it simply a desire on our part [those of us of african ancestry] to have a stronger presence within history because we are so largely dismissed?

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Supercar
[QUOTE]

-

Keftiu

The Egyptians called the Cretans Keftiu. There is agreement between the Keftiu names recorded by Egyptian scribes (T.E. Peet, "The Egyptian writing board BM5647 bearing Keftiu names". In , (ed.) by S Casson (Oxford, 1927, 90-99)), and Manding names.

-

Keftiu
The root kef-, in Keftiu, probably is Ke'be, the name of a Manding clan , plus the locative suffix {i-} used to give the affirmative sense, plus the plural suffix for names {u-}, and the {-te} suffixial element used to denote place names, nationalities and to form words.

On the Egyptian writing board there are eight Keftiu names. These names agree with Manding names:

Keftiu....... Manding

sh h.r........ Sye

Nsy ..........Nsye

'ksh .........Nkyi

Pnrt Pe,..... Beni (name for twins)

'dm ..........Demba

Rs............. Rsa

This analogy between Keftiu and Manding names is startling.
Black Greeks

Clyde Winters

^^Up
Interesting post,those Keftiu
heads remind me of Akan heads -

-

-

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Africa is the germ of the world.What did the whitest of white [the germanic,baltic groups et al] contribute before being blessed [literally] with mediterranean influence which has an afro-asiatic root.It's like saying your grandmother has no value or contribution to your current existence.

The lithuanians and other balts have the highest blonde populaces in europe [yes more than sweden] yet what enormity did they contribute? they did'nt even have a written language till the 16th century,and only thanks to hordes of religious foreigners and Roman Catholicism - they were the last to give way to this influence.They currently enjoy the highest suicide rate in the world.

The same story across europe,religious foreigners come and the wood huts come down.

quote:
Originally posted by ARROW99:
Most of us accept the idea that man spread out of Africa to thge rest of the world. The problem is that the argument rasol and others want to make here is beside the point. What they are trying to do is imply that Africa is the germ of the modern world. Thats the MOTIVE for their argument and where they end up at the end of the day. They skip over tens of thousands of years like it was a generation. The hard xold reality is that nothing positive ever came out of Africa. If African civilization as we know it made any meaningful contribution to the world how did it miss totally Africa generally?
Fact is classical Greeks are not black africans, they are europeans. Every single Greek scholar bar none states that their culture was home grown.
To attach any sort of African tag on an area of Greece is nutty stuff that will never be accepted by serious scholars. It would be tragic if it were not so comical. We have people on this board who are critical of Dr Hawass because he does not support their narrow, racist, bigoted views even though he has a PHD and they lack even a BA.
Really, its the argument of losers. People who feel that they are not a part of the modern world and see themselves as victims. "Nothing is my fault, its the fault of the evil, colonialist Europeans." Since I have no place in the system I will simply attack it. The problem is the system doess not care. If the eurocentrists are really as bad as they are presented here why should they listen now?

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can't tell if lauding up the afro-asiatic origins of greece is an attempt to diminish the enormous achievements of those descended from the germanic,celtic,slavic groups who have contributed so much to our current state?
This thread is about their ancestry (they share genes with non Afrisan-speaking populations and Afrisan speaking folks alike btw).

We've pointed out their African ancestry.

How would pointing out the presence of African ancestry in Greeks "diminish the [modern] achievements" of another group of people (from elsewhere than Africa)? Also, "lauding up" is an interesting choice of words.

quote:
Or is it simply a desire on our part [those of us of african ancestry] to have a stronger presence within history
I don't think we (Africans) need a bigger presence historically speaking!!
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARROW99: - Fact is classical Greeks are not black africans, they are europeans. Every single Greek scholar bar none states that their culture was home grown.

That is not true; and your saying it, can only mean that you are relying on high school text books.

If African civilization as we know it made any meaningful contribution to the world how did it miss totally Africa generally?

What you mean is, how did it miss "Sub-Sahara" Africa. The answer is; nobody knows. And no doubt, that is the reason why you find the accomplishments of the others so hard to believe. But nonetheless, their accomplishments WERE the basis for modern civilization.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Or is it simply a desire on our part [those of us of african ancestry] to have a stronger presence within history because we are so largely dismissed?
^ How about a desire to tell the truth, with regards to the heterogeneous origins of so called Western civilisation, as opposed to propagating the myth of the Aryan model of history?
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
^ How about a desire to tell the truth, with regards to the heterogeneous origins of so called Western civilisation, as opposed to propagating the myth of the Aryan model of history?
I very much agree with you Rasol and enjoy your posts.
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
quote:
I can't tell if lauding up the afro-asiatic origins of greece is an attempt to diminish the enormous achievements of those descended from the germanic,celtic,slavic groups who have contributed so much to our current state?
This thread is about their ancestry (they share genes with non Afrisan-speaking populations and Afrisan speaking folks alike btw).

We've pointed out their African ancestry.

How would pointing out the presence of African ancestry in Greeks "diminish the [modern] achievements" of another group of people (from elsewhere than Africa)? Also, "lauding up" is an interesting choice of words.

quote:
Or is it simply a desire on our part [those of us of african ancestry] to have a stronger presence within history
I don't think we (Africans) need a bigger presence historically speaking!!

I 'm not a conventional person so far as language goes.I was saying that it appears to be the unfounded fear of some that pointing out a foreign foundation for greece somehow diminishs the achievements of their ancestors who inherited/stole? the greek and roman model of civilization.I don't know why else they are so resolved to not accept an african component in the greeks??

As to why Sub-Saharan africa does'nt have "civilization" .I believe it's largely due to religious fanatics never getting as far and deep into sub-saharan africa.This seems to be the way "civilization" was introduced across tribal europe.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who said anything about "sub-Saharan" Africa not having any civilization?

They weren't any less organized than elsewhere in general.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'll bite the bait. What do you mean? It seems
you're presenting mythography and mythory. Would

you care to
1) define "sub-Saharan Africa" and
2) qualify "civilization," please.

Without your private take on those terms I fail
to make anything rational out of your on face
valueless false and silly claim.

quote:
Originally posted by humanityiloveyou:
As to why Sub-Saharan africa does'nt have "civilization" .

gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
in the vague modern sense of the word - material culture....mega buildings and whatnot.My khoisan and mpondo ancestors were not huge on it as were a large chunk of pre-christian europe and i'm proud of the fact.

You're preaching to the choir.

but I apprecicate you pointing out my ignorance.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please answer the question. Your supposed ancestors
are not the whole of Africa. What is a mega building?

So far you're not exhibiting any qualities worth
educating you on material culture in Africa.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the early Greeks spok a language kindred to the Etruscans in Italy. They were not connected to any civilization in Africa.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:

Actually the early Greeks spok a language kindred to the Etruscans in Italy.

That is probable. It is more likely the early (pre-Hellic) Greeks spoke languages associated with a peoples called Pelasgians and others from Asia Minor. The actual theory is that the Etruscans themselves ultimately originate from Asia Minor so early Pre-Hellic and Etruscans were likely closely related.

quote:
They were not connected to any civilization in Africa.
Actually yeah, since we discussed in past threads the influence Egypt had on early Greek civilization, not to mention threads like this which discuss the Neolithic roots which were partly derived from Africa.
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com