EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Sam Peter Disgraces himself and Nigeria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sam Peter Disgraces himself and Nigeria
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quits on his stool in round 8.
LOL, I lost $500 on this dude.

http://www.fightnews.com/showtime35a.htm

I'm wishing for the days of the last good Nigerian heavyweight Ike "The President" Ibeabuchi. I hear he gets out of jail this year.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a fight fan, Meninarmer? Big boxing fan here. I have limited amateur experience myself.

I watched Peter/Klitschko last night. Very disappointed in Peter. Although I'm not surprised. Peter has looked rather lethargic as of late. I believe the problem with Peter is poor management and lack of training. Peter's priorities is not on his training but enjoying the creature comforts from his limited success, i.e., big screen TV, luxury cars, refrigerator full of food, etc.

Ike could have been a great heavyweight champion. He had all the prerequisites; good skills, good chin, good power, good stamina. Rarely do you see all these qualities in a heavyweight. Unfortunately, like so many other athletes, Ike's poor choice of Vegas call girls led to his downfall.

Yes, Ike is up for parole. But it's doubtful he'll return to the ring. If he does it's unlikely he would be a threat in the division. After all it's been eight years and he's hundred pounds heavier than he was prior to his incarceration. Fighters that done time usually don't return to the ring hungrier (with the exception of Hopkins), but return unmotivated with broken spirits.

Nice chatting with you, M. Take care.

Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could have saved you the $500 if I knew you were going to bet on him against Vitali. I mean, c'mon, did you see his fight against Jameel McCline just last year when he got put on his azz 3 times? Imo, he even got beat by James Toney (a former middle weight!). He has no talent really, just power. He plods forward and throws hard punches, that's it. All Vitali had to do was keep him at bay and stick him with the jab. I already knew he was going to get trounced. The best Black fighters today are from the Americas (both north and south) and even then, they aren't heavy weights anymore. The HW division is trash nowadays.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't **** With Nigeria.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JMT:
You're a fight fan, Meninarmer? Big boxing fan here. I have limited amateur experience myself.

I watched Peter/Klitschko last night. Very disappointed in Peter. Although I'm not surprised. Peter has looked rather lethargic as of late. I believe the problem with Peter is poor management and lack of training. Peter's priorities is not on his training but enjoying the creature comforts from his limited success, i.e., big screen TV, luxury cars, refrigerator full of food, etc.

Ike could have been a great heavyweight champion. He had all the prerequisites; good skills, good chin, good power, good stamina. Rarely do you see all these qualities in a heavyweight. Unfortunately, like so many other athletes, Ike's poor choice of Vegas call girls led to his downfall.

Yes, Ike is up for parole. But it's doubtful he'll return to the ring. If he does it's unlikely he would be a threat in the division. After all it's been eight years and he's hundred pounds heavier than he was prior to his incarceration. Fighters that done time usually don't return to the ring hungrier (with the exception of Hopkins), but return unmotivated with broken spirits.

KMT,
HUGE fight fan here.

Don't know WHY i bet on Peter. I have never been really impressed with him at all. I have never been impressed with the Klitschos either, but since Vitalia has been out for the last 3 years and hasn't fought anyone I thought Peter should have a clear advantage.
I thought wrong, and this guy quit on his stool. I knew Peter was a bum, but I had no idea he was that bad. Guess I had too much disposable income.

JMT
Do you think that Peter took a bribe to lose the fight? The Klitschos wanted to make history by bring the first brothers to hold HW titles at once. They definitively wanted to win this fight, and spent alot of money up front to bring the ex-champs to the fight. I hear each former champ received $100,000 to be there.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sabalour
Member # 14023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabalour   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

On Ibeabuchi:
No disrespect Meninarmer, but I'm starting to believe of Ike becoming boxing's most widespread Urban legend, with every year someone claiming he is about to go out of jail and save the heavyweight division.

I've never been high on him anyway, people seem to forget he landed his ko punch from nowhere before being outboxed by Chris Byrd. Of course he seems to have a great chin good skills and good power, but I don't see him avoiding a traditional eye swelling Klitschko jabfest with some brutal additional combos à la Wlad/Mercer.

I'm not surprised by Peter's poor performance, the guy is a less agile version of Tua, and is tailor made for tall good and powerful jabbers. I still believe he's good chin though (cf. the Klischko fights), the shot McCline caught him with a punch he took in the wrong position and did not see coming at all and that would have put anyone in trouble especially from an heavy weight.

I don't think the division is trash as it is widely claimed, I think that if the Klitschkos had Toney's charisma they would be considered as an ATG already.

I hope David Haye will do some damage in the division but I'm afraid he will not carry his power to heavyweight and definitely going to be in trouble if he keeps his hands that low.

Strangely enough the only hope for beating any Klitschko is not Povetkin to me, I think he will not be able to get past Wlad's jab, but J-C. Gomez.

The guy is technically great and has virtually all the tools for avoiding Vitali robotic style via his dancing skills, frustating him en route to an UD.

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be annoying to now have to scroll from left to right to read postings, no? [Confused]
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sabalour:
^^

On Ibeabuchi:
No disrespect Meninarmer, but I'm starting to believe of Ike becoming boxing's most widespread Urban legend, with every year someone claiming he is about to go out of jail and save the heavyweight division.

I've never been high on him anyway, people seem to forget he landed his ko punch from nowhere before being outboxed by Chris Byrd. Of course he seems to have a great chin good skills and good power, but I don't see him avoiding a traditional eye swelling Klitschko jabfest with some brutal additional combos à la Wlad/Mercer.

I'm not surprised by Peter's poor performance, the guy is a less agile version of Tua, and is tailor made for tall good and powerful jabbers. I still believe he's good chin though (cf. the Klischko fights), the shot McCline caught him with a punch he took in the wrong position and did not see coming at all and that would have put anyone in trouble especially from an heavy weight.

I don't think the division is trash as it is widely claimed, I think that if the Klitschkos had Toney's charisma they would be considered as an ATG already.

I hope David Haye will do some damage in the division but I'm afraid he will not carry his power to heavyweight and definitely going to be in trouble if he keeps his hands that low.

Strangely enough the only hope for beating any Klitschko is not Povetkin to me, I think he will not be able to get past Wlad's jab, but J-C. Gomez.

The guy is technically great and has virtually all the tools for avoiding Vitali robotic style via his dancing skills, frustating him en route to an UD.

-
Hi Sabalour
Thanks for contributing to the thread and sharing your boxing insights. It appears you too are a fan of the sweet science.

Ike Ibeabuchi was a real talent.
The fight you're speaking of with Chris Byrd is a real testament to how good IKE was.
You have to remember, Chris Byrd was the heavyweight champions who fought and defeated;
-Jamal McCline
-Evander Holyfield
-David Tua
-Vitali Klitscho

The fight before he fought IKE, he fought and defeated Ross Puritty who knocked out Wlad Klitscho.
So, Byrd was no push over and one of the slickest boxers around.
IKE took his time, didn't get frustrated and when the opportunity arose, he closed the show in dramatic fashion like a real champ.
Byrd's only problem was his size. He was a LHW fighting huge guys that outweighted him by 30-40 lbs.

Ike's bout with David Tua is a classic. It's my East Coast to West coast fight which I watch while on long flights.
I believe it set a record for the largest amount of punches ever thrown in a heavyweight match. They both fought non-stop for 12 rounds with hardly any clinches or breaks.
Many expected Tua to blow Ike away and have an easy win by knockout. Ike fought Tua's fight and gave more then he got.
I had their fight scored dead even, but gave the win to Ike due to superior ring generalship.

It's a shame because although the Klitschos are now the best heavyweights in the world doesn't say too much becasue all the others are bums, making the Klitschos, the kings of the bums.

I agree Gomez has good potential and has much more of a heartbeat then Peter.
Still, I think Gomez may be 2-3 fights away from getting infront of Vitali. He should start with the weakest link, Wlad.

Who are you taking this weekend.

Roy Jones Jr. VS Joe Calzaghe ?

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Final round of Peter quitting.

Many thought Peter's corner stopped the fight, but it was Peter who said, no more and quit.

Sorry to say, I don't believe I have ever seen a worst heavyweight champion then Peter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2AOrQ_fjpk

JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
quote:
Originally posted by JMT:

KMT,
HUGE fight fan here.

Don't know WHY i bet on Peter. I have never been really impressed with him at all. I have never been impressed with the Klitschos either, but since Vitalia has been out for the last 3 years and hasn't fought anyone I thought Peter should have a clear advantage.
I thought wrong, and this guy quit on his stool. I knew Peter was a bum, but I had no idea he was that bad. Guess I had too much disposable income.

JMT
Do you think that Peter took a bribe to lose the fight? The Klitschos wanted to make history by bring the first brothers to hold HW titles at once. They definitively wanted to win this fight, and spent alot of money up front to bring the ex-champs to the fight. I hear each former champ received $100,000 to be there.

Unfortunately the sport I love has so much corruption. Anything is possible.

A bribed wouldn't be too much of a stretch. However I would have to agree with Sundiata's assessment - that Peter is basically a limited puncher. Peter can slug it out with just about anyone in the division but has zero boxing skills to compliment his raw power. I fault his manager. I will say Peter appeared very apprehensive, or sedated if you will, during the fight. Peter had opportunities to counter punch Klitschko's body once he got on the inside but rarely took advantage. Peter was suspiciously hesitant. It wouldn't surprise me at a future date the circumstance of Gotzev's business ties resulted in some type of investigation which demonstrated a conflict of interest with the Peter/Klitschko fight.

I always questioned Gotzev's (Peter's manager) handling of Peter. Gortzev is Slavic as are the Klitschko's. This is not to say a manager of Slavic heritage can't be impartial to a Black fighter. However from personal experience Slavic people tend NOT to be impartial and often nationalistic.

Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Bridery isn't out of the question.
For one, the fight was in Germany, known for fight fixes.
Two, the Russian mob has great interest in the fight and seeing two Ukranian brothers make history.
Three, Peter never landed one decent punch. I knew he was a bum, but even bums put up a better fight then this.

I believe Peter's problem is his diet.
They put him on a traditional fighters diet with salads, pastas, chicken, etc., but he refused to stick with it and instead ate his native Nigerian foods. I think this not only weighed him down but also sapped his energy.

Regarding Peter's slavic manager, this is a problem because he'd definitely be torn between seeing his fighter win as well as seeing the two slavic brothers win.
If there was a fix, it would probably be thru him.

The best thing that can happen to boxing at this point is to open Cuba to professional boxing, and for the US to open it's prisons and let all those prospects they've had locked down out.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
Bridery isn't out of the question.

No offense, but that's ridiculous. Most people favored Klitchko going in, so bribery was unnecessary. Peter simply isn't a good fighter. Powerful, but skilless.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DevilNegrokiller_Wolofi
Member # 15898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilNegrokiller_Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
I could have saved you the $500 if I knew you were going to bet on him against Vitali. I mean, c'mon, did you see his fight against Jameel McCline just last year when he got put on his azz 3 times? Imo, he even got beat by James Toney (a former middle weight!). He has no talent really, just power. He plods forward and throws hard punches, that's it. All Vitali had to do was keep him at bay and stick him with the jab. I already knew he was going to get trounced. The best Black fighters today are from the Americas (both north and south) and even then, they aren't heavy weights anymore. The HW division is trash nowadays.

This guy really hates REAL Africans and blacks. Hmmmm 'tis strange indeed
Posts: 152 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DevilNegrokiller_Wolofi aka vida (the white boy) wrote:
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Hey vida!

Walmart has a 25% off discount on calamine ointment.

<SCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRCH>

BWAAAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of an ultimate fighting / mixed martial arts kind of a guy. (fan of Anderson Silva btw)

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Most whites with no athletic talent are either fans of Golf, Nascar, or UFC/MMA.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com