EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Sheer Brilliance! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sheer Brilliance!
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember struggling with Calc II and this tweenage kid zips right thru it! Holy Smokes!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/a-beautiful-mind-12-year-old-boy-genius-sets-out-to-disprove-big-bang/

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not brilliance.
It's an opening of abstract thoughts via mind modification triggered by chemical imbalances, or simply; madness.

The kid is definitely an insomniac and I'll bet ya, he carries many genetic mutations typical of Ashkenazi's that will offset his mathematic ability with other more serious trade-offs, such as Maniac depression, bad eyesight, Walking dreams, ect.

In life, there is ALWAYS a trade-off!
This is an example of how quickly the Pineal gland calcifies in young Ashkenazis and Albinos.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Why are you hating on a little kid? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jealous, perhaps? Maybe he just feels threatened that a 12year old is smarter than him, who knows!

--------------------
L Writes:

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Universal Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

The kid can learn higher level math, and therefore is brilliant is a conclusion only for those who embrace shallow wishful thinking and ignore facts and historic data.

Read the article, Look at the kid's picture, and do the research. You'd see the same pattern as I.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

The kid can learn higher level math, and therefore is brilliant is a conclusion only for those who embrace shallow wishful thinking and ignore, facts.

People don't usually get admitted into college with a 7th grade reading proficiency. If you're trying to equate him to say, like a retard savant then keep in mind those savants aren't usually able to teach what they learn.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^LOL!! The kid is only freggin 12 yrs old, MORON! At that age, to conceptualize abstract math is not an easy task. It requires maturity of the mind, which accompanies advancement in age... now go flush yourself down the chute, black Turd.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent.

There is no truth in what you say, only racism

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ LOL, with a few kickbacks George Bush, Jr. got accepted into Yale. What's you point?

I'm not saying that mental illness cannot be profitable or serve a purpose. It fits in well with the Ashkenazi reality where insanity is the norm.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Afrocentric Liars Exposed:
^^LOL!! The kid is only freggin 12 yrs old, MORON! At that age, to conceptualize abstract math is not an easy task. It requires maturity of the mind, which accompanies advancement in age... now go flush yourself down the chute, black Turd.

I don't know I think younger minds function faster and can handle more than an older mind. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, the kid is brilliant, I suck at math. History and art is my strong point, not math.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Your "brilliance" stumped me with that word, Fnord! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by L':
rasism

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Both Afronut and MK are blinded by racism. Undisputed research has shown that racists have low IQs, thus both of you have a thing or two to learn from this kid. [Smile]
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':

LOL, reactionary!
Prove it..

Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
do tell sir, what else can be used to assess the degree of intelligence?

quote:
Originally posted by L':
Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent.

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
Your "brilliance" stumped me with that word, Fnord! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by L':
rasism

I noticed that error as well, and so I corrected it before your comment was even posted [Razz]

quote:
Both Afronut and MK are blinded by racism. Undisputed research has shown that racists have low IQs, thus both of you have a thing or two to learn from this kid. [Smile]
Indeed...

quote:
LOL, with a few kickbacks George Bush, Jr. got accepted into Yale. What's you point?

I'm not saying that mental illness cannot be profitable or serve a purpose. It fits in well with the Ashkenazi reality where insanity is the norm.

Who's to say he will be insane?

quote:
LOL, reactionary!
Prove it.

No need to "prove" anything. Your posts clearly display some degree of racism, and reluctance to accept that the child is intelligent
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:

LOL, IQ's again.
A concept created by Ashkenazis to measure conformance to the insane state, and you buy it.

Proving, Insanity can be as contagious as Flu!

As an Engineer, I meet the adult version of these kids all the time. They work for Wall Street using their "brilliance" to develop abstract trading and futures formulas, or at MITRE corp. developing nuclear weapons or simulations.
Very likely this is where this kid will end up, or perhaps in Israel developing the next generation of Biological weapons.

Problem is, you youngsters have absolutely no idea of the big picture.
Like women, you only see the "feel good" part of the story and unable to trace it to it's consistent conclusion.

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
do tell sir, what else can be used to assess the degree of intelligence?

quote:
Originally posted by L':

Why are you responding to me when I was addressing MelaninKing?

You are an idiot if you think mathematical skills are the only indicator of intelligence (then again, you are an idiot either way) LOL!. There can be no one way to "assess" intelligence, because as I stated, there is not only *one type* of intelligence.

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]No need to "prove" anything.

I rest my case. You are found guilty of ignorance and emotional reaction.
Don't be afraid to dig deeper into your subject matter.

Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
^^Obviously, the "intelligence" inferred in this thread is 'superior' intelligence and not your run-of-the-mill one. So there is not just one type of intelligence. There is low, avrg and high intelligence.

Also, my bad if I intruded where I ought not to. I was under the impression your following statement was directed to me:

"Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent. There is no truth in what you say, only racism."

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
^^Obviously, the "intelligence" inferred in this thread is 'superior' intelligence and not your run-of-the-mill one. Also, my bad if I intruded where I ought not to. I was under the impression your following statement was directed to me:

Superior intelligence?
Still incorrect description of what is really happening.
Superior to what?
The kid may understand math at ONLY the abstract level and fail miserably on the application side. Does this make him/her superior to the Physicist who is less adapt at Calculus but actually understands how to apply the formula to manufacture real world applications?

Brilliance is a relative term, and you and I obviously have different perceptions. Very likely because my first job at 18 was in High Energy Physics developing Masers and Atomic clocks.

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
^^Obviously, the "intelligence" inferred in this thread is 'superior' intelligence and not your run-of-the-mill one. Also, my bad if I intruded where I ought not to. I was under the impression your following statement was directed to me:

"Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent. There is no truth in what you say, only racism."

No, that was in response to MelaninKing's statement that the kid cannot be deemed "brilliant" based on math skills alone. My argument being that, while there are more than one type of brilliance, the kid is undeniably intelligent.

What do you mean by "superior" intelligence as opposed to "run of the mill". Sure, he may have better math skills than most other 12years olds (certainly better than mine LOL) but that doesn't mean in terms of intelligence he is superior to other children. Especially since there are many other people who are skilled in different ways. So yes, he is better than than the average 12year old in regards to math, but I wouldn't say he is superior to the average 12year old

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Superior intelligence?
Superior to what?
The kid may understand math at ONLY the abstract level and fail miserably on the application side. Does this make him/her superior to the Physicist who is less adapt at Calculus but actually understands how to apply the formula to manufacture real world applications?

Brilliance is a relative term, and you and I obviously have different perceptions. Very likely because my first job at 18 was in High Energy Physics developing Masers and Atomic clocks.

Strange, that is exactly what I am saying here. The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

Take your time. I never stated that the kid wasn't intelligent.
What I said was there are documented scientific reasons why some such as Einstein show talent in abstract areas of science that have nothing to do with "brilliance" or "Superior" intelligence, and more to do with an abnormal brain chemistry imbalance.
It's like I have a group of students who are dyslexic, and I design a test based on their special way of viewing and processing data. I am filthy rich and well connected and unbelievably I manage to get this test accepted as a standardized measure of intelligence. Are those in the future who manage to excel in the test then labeled as Geniuses, brilliant, or superior?
Over time, the answer is YES.

Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Math allows for prediction. This is how advance or technology based societies are built --you make the predictions on what the technology will do based on mathematical calculations. This is why it is superior intelligence.

An artist is brilliant in that he/she knows how to capture an image and replicate it. But lets be real, can an artist build a machine? A linguist may be brilliant at understanding language, but come on now, you wont find a linguist writing up a design to a rocket ship.

The point is, it takes superior intelligence to build advance or superior societies. Just look at Africa and the West, and I think you will get the drift, heh?

quote:
Originally posted by L':

What do you mean by "superior" intelligence as opposed to "run of the mill". Sure, he may have better math skills than most other 12years olds (certainly better than mine LOL) but that doesn't mean in terms of intelligence he is superior to other children. Especially since there are many other people who are skilled in different ways. So yes, he is better than than the average 12year old in regards to math, but I wouldn't say he is superior to the average 12year old

Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Are you merely a card carrying P.E.? Were you grandfathered to a license holder? Or did you also obtain at least an undergrad degree in Engineering besides the P.E. license (assuming you have one)? I am asking since you made it your business to put your business out there.

quote:
Superior intelligence?
Superior to what?

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^Why are you hating on a little kid? [Roll Eyes]

I can't say if the man is 'hating' or not 'hating' but I know the first thing I thought when I read his initial response to the topic was:

"dam man, 'low di youth nuh" KMRT.... [Roll Eyes] SMH....

Anyway, big up the youth, and hopefully he will use his intelligence towards making things better for HUEmanity and Mama Earth....

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that Im agreeing with you, but you might be onto something. Autistic people are sometimes brilliant you just have to kow how to make them reach their potential. I don't know if Imbalance is the right word for the mind of an Autistic person but they lack social skills and function different but alot of times they are brilliant on certain subjects.

On kid in a class I student taught, an autistic Kid never utterered a word until I mentioned Sharks it was crazy to see his response.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

What I said was there are documented scientific reasons why some such as Einstein show talent in abstract areas of science that have nothing to do with "brilliance" or "Superior" intelligence, and more to do with an abnormal brain chemistry imbalance.
It's like I have a group of students who are dyslexic, and I design a test based on their special way of viewing and processing data. I am filthy rich and well connected and unbelievably I manage to get this test accepted as a standardized measure of intelligence. Are those in the future who manage to excel in the test then labeled as Geniuses, brilliant, or superior?

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Are you merely a card carrying P.E.? Were you grandfathered to a license holder? Or did you also obtain at least an undergrad degree in Engineering besides the P.E. license (assuming you have one)? I am asking since you made it your business to put your business out there.

quote:
Superior intelligence?
Superior to what?

No, I never needed or desired to get a P.E.
P.E.'s are generally mid-level engineers who require some other form of certification to enable their careers.
Probably only 1 out of 100 engineers bother to obtain the P.E. certification.
My knowledge is limited regarding the actual number but the few P.E.s I personally know are civil engineers.
As a Technology Futurist, the P.E. certification offers me no advantage.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure there are some here who are familiar with the Fibonacci numbers in Nature and the Golden Ratio?

Math is found throughout Nature....

(while I had a college reading level by 6th grade, I was never good with and am not good with math) [Frown] [Embarrassed]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
I don't know if Imbalance is the right word for the mind of an Autistic person

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Imbalance is EXACTLY the correct term to use. Same with Dementia, and Parkinson's.

I once was given the task of keeping a young recruit squared away because he was so imbalanced, he didn't know how to tie his own shoes or even button his shirt. He was 24 yo, and headed to the Department Of defense's Weapons Design School. Like the kid above he could perform complex math in his head, so calculating missile trajectories and designing 6DOF coefficients was second nature to him.

Was he "brilliant"?
No, but I used to make a lot of money off of him check mating opponents in 4 chess moves.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
Me too Reading was and is my strong point not math. Math is nature and nature is math. Also it seems Africans tap into Fractals

http://tedxproject.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/ron-eglash-african-fractals/

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
[QB]
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[qb] [QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

Well then, this threw me off:

"Universal Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

The kid can learn higher level math, and therefore is brilliant is a conclusion only for those who embrace shallow wishful thinking and ignore facts and historic data.

Read the article, Look at the kid's picture, and do the research. You'd see the same pattern as I."

^You tell me what you mean there. You also imply numerous times that he will be "insane" or "is insane"

quote:
The first part I agree on; i.e., that it is not a sign of superiority. However, it is brilliance. The kid has a brilliant mind, and hence is brilliant. As was Einstein. They were not "superior" to anybody, because they were intelligent in some ways whilst not in others; but to say they weren't brilliant is untrue.

quote:

They may have Genius, Brilliant, and Superior are all separate things, which do not equate to each other. That is, you can have brilliant geniuses who are intelligent in some ways (e.g., music, math, science etc.,) but they could be seriously lacking in other ways. So yes- the child has a brilliant mind (I wouldn't necessarily call him a genius yet) but he isn't superior to other people at all.

quote:
Math allows for prediction. This is how advance or technology based societies are built --you make the predictions on what the technology will do based on mathematical calculations. This is why it is superior intelligence.

It is in no way superior intelligence. It may be superb mathematical skills; but that does not equate to superior in intelligence to other people; especially since there are several other people who are brilliant in other ways. Who knows how well he will even be able to apply his knowledge

quote:
An artist is brilliant in that he/she knows how to capture an image and replicate it. But lets be real, can an artist build a machine? A linguist may be brilliant at understanding language, but come on now, you wont find a linguist writing up a design to a rocket ship.
All different kinds of brilliance that benefit society in different ways. To say that none of those fields have greatly influenced societies (past and present) would be incorrect.

quote:
The point is, it takes superior intelligence to build advance or superior societies. Just look at Africa and the West, and I think you will get the drift, heh?
I don't know what you mean. Africa and the West alike have several magnificent civilizations. To be honest though, I can think of more civilizations in Africa than I can in Europe.
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
^You are fvcking insane if you think Africa is on par with the West. The West sends scientists, engineers, technologists, doctors, bureaucrats, managers, etc... to build Africa. What does Africa send to the West that it does not have but needs (besides raw minerals)?
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:
[QB]
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[qb] [QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

Well then, this threw me off:

"Universal Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

Read the article, Look at the kid's picture, and do the research. You'd see the same pattern as I."

^You tell me what you mean there. You also imply numerous times that he will be "insane" or "is insane"

quote:
The first part I agree on; i.e., that it is not a sign of superiority. However, it is brilliance. The kid has a brilliant mind, and hence is brilliant. As was Einstein. They were not "superior" to anybody, because they were intelligent in some ways whilst not in others; but to say they weren't brilliant is untrue.

quote:

They may have Genius, Brilliant, and Superior are all separate things, which do not equate to each other. That is, you can have brilliant geniuses who are intelligent in some ways (e.g., music, math, science etc.,) but they could be seriously lacking in other ways. So yes- the child has a brilliant mind (I wouldn't necessarily call him a genius yet) but he isn't superior to other people at all.

quote:

It is in no way superior intelligence. It may be superb mathematical skills; but that does not equate to superior in intelligence to other people; especially since there are several other people who are brilliant in other ways. Who knows how well he will even be able to apply his knowledge

quote:
All different kinds of brilliance that benefit society in different ways. To say that none of those fields have greatly influenced societies (past and present) would be incorrect.

quote:
I don't know what you mean. Africa and the West alike have several magnificent civilizations. To be honest though, I can think of more civilizations in Africa than I can in Europe.

LOL, none of that states that I believe the kid is unintelligent. I simply have an issue with the "Brilliant" and "Superior" intelligent descriptors applied to someone who show promise in one small area. That's all.

Sanity is a relative term as well, but today we realize that insanity is the result of an imbalance in brain chemistry, generally a result of a dysfunction in the metabolism pathway(s).

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
^Yes, I would definitely call the child "brilliant" by the definition

b : distinguished by unusual mental keenness or alertness

Not superior to other children, but brilliant nonetheless

--------------------
L Writes:

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
LOL, none of that states that I believe the kid is unintelligent. I simply have an issue with the "Brilliant" and "Superior" intelligent descriptors applied to someone who show promise in one small area. That's all.

Sanity is a relative term as well, but today we realize that insanity is the result of an imbalance in brain chemistry, generally a result of a dysfunction in the metabolism pathway(s).

As I said, your statement earlier threw me off.

Brilliant by definition he is. Not superior.

I cannot make sense of your whole "imbalance this and imbalance that" talk.

quote:
You are fvcking insane if you think Africa is on par with the West. The West sends scientists, engineers, technologists, doctors, bureaucrats, managers, etc... to build Africa. What does Africa send to the West that it does not have but needs (besides raw minerals)?
African civilization in general, yes. For example, Timbuktu was once the educational center of the world (to my understanding) while Europe... well, Europe wasn't. There are many great African civilizations, so how am I "insane"?

--------------------
L Writes:

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]

I cannot make sense of your whole "imbalance this and imbalance that" talk.

Well, balance is important in everything that requires, stability.

The brain works much like a plain car battery.

Like a car battery, The brain requires a specific balance of chemical electrolytes to generate an ideal difference of potential to maintain the correct voltage (~70 MicroV) required to effectively fire synapses and to exchange/process data.
In the event of one of the other electrolytes being out of balance (Too high.Too low), it has a direct impact on the difference of potential (V level) in the brain and it finds itself operating in non-optimum conditions, and in worst case, leads to full time Maniac depression, Insomnia, homicidal rage, delusion. However, the candidate may excel in other areas, such as Math, Writing, Movie producing, Politics, etc., but be as dumb as bricks in many, many others, including by not limited to, Ethics.
Think of a Lawyer.

Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
African civilization in general, yes. For example, Timbuktu was once the educational center of the world (to my understanding) while Europe... well, Europe wasn't. There are many great African civilizations, so how am I "insane"?

For Pete's sake man!! Why must Afrocentrists parrot the same argument?!?! Timbuktu?! The manuscripts are all written in Arabic! What does that tell you, sir? It tells me that that culture was dominated by Arabs. So please, credit the correct author. Thank you.
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
I agree with Jari that imbalance may not be the right word here, but I overall agree. I maintain my position that the child is still a brilliant mind, but is not superior to other people.

--------------------
L Writes:

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Extreme racists have below-average IQs? Color me surprised. It's not like my experiences on this board have led me to a similar conclusion!
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
This is laughable as already debated here. Timbuktu was an African intellectual learning center. The Arabs themselves had nothing to do with the intellectual growth of Islam as it was Persians, Jews, Egyptians, Indians, Chinese etc. who gave their knowledge to the Muslims at their time. Alot of times their knowledge was stolen by Muslims.

The idea that "Arabs" brought knowledge to Africa is laughable as the Arabs themsleves were illiterate nomads until the 7th century.

When I see a Muslim Arab give credit to Christian Byzantium, Pagan Greece, Persia, Egypt, Hindu India and China the "Authors" of their culture will be they day Africans should Give credit to arabs for Timbucktu.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

For Pete's sake man!! Why must Afrocentrists parrot the same argument?!?! Timbuktu?! The manuscripts are all written in Arabic! What does that tell you, sir? It tells me that that culture was dominated by Arabs. So please, credit the correct author. Thank you.

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
Wow, lol. Refer to Jari's post. Also, hopefully this helps:

Timbuktu Scholars (click)

Modibo Mohammed Al Kaburi
He was a Fulani, a Jurist and Judge. He was fortunate to be a companion to many righteous scholars of the Sankore University. He was the scholar who developed the curriculum of Sankore. He was also known for his pious and devotional character.

Al Qadi Al Hajj
He was an eminent Jurist from Walata. God blessed Al Qadi with the function of Chief Judge of Timbuktu. He ordered the people of Timbuktu to recite half of a "hizb"or part of the Qur'an after noon and evening prayers.

Abu Abdallah And Ag Mohammed ibn Mohammed ibn Uthman
He was a Tuareg Jurist and had a wealth of knowledge. He was a virtuous and righteous man. He was descended from Ahmed Baba es Sudane. He was appointed Judge of Timbuktu.

Sheik Sidi Abu Al Barakaat Mahmud ibn Umar ibn Aqit
He was also known as Sheik Al Islam Abu Al Barakaat. He was the Supreme Judge of Timbuktu, Imam and the Dean of Sankore University. He was firm, pious, humble, modest, and had an excellent mastery of the Arabic language.

Al Moctar Ag Mohammed ibn Utman
He is known as An-Nahawi, meaning the grammarian. He was brilliant and was endowed by Allah with knowledge in all Islamic branches.

Abd Arahman Ag Mohammed ibn Utman
the name Ag, usually referred to "son of"-a common name among Tuareg scholars. Abd Arahman was a learned professor; he was gentle, and possessed Taqwa or God's concisouness.

Abu Al Abbas Ahmad Buryu ibn And Ag Mohammed ibn Utman
Humble, he yearned for the hereafter; Abu Al Abbas was not only pious, he was a great source of knowledge. Most scholars of Sankore benefited from his abundant wealth of knowledge.

Abu Abdallah And Ag Mohammed ibn Al Moctar 'n-Nawahi
He was appointed as the Imam and Dean of Sankore by the Qadi Mahmud. Like his father An-Nawahi, he was known for his excellent command of the Arabic language. Every year during the month of Ramadan, he gave captivating and fascinating commentaries of the "Kitab Ashiffa" of Qadi Iyad. The Ashiffa is a spiritual biography of the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).

Al Moctar ibn Mohammed ibn Al Moctar 'n-Nawahi ibn and Ag Mohammed
He was a Jurist, he loved singing the praises of the Messenger of God; he spent a great deal of his wealth for the "Festivities of Maulid" or the birthday of the Prophet.

Ahmed Baba Es Sudane
Descendent of Umar ibn Mohammed Aqit the Tuareg. He liked to be called Ahmed Baba, the black. At an early age, he dedicated his time to learning until he surpassed all his peers and contemporaries. He was the matchless Jurist, scholar and Imam of his time. His reputation spread all over Sub-Sahara Africa and North Africa. The Jurists of Timbuktu sought his advise in matters pertaining to legal decisions. He was a storehouse of Islamic knowledge. He firmly stood on truth in face of the Amirs and Kings. He had a library of 1600 manuscripts that was plundered during the Moroccan invasion of Timbuktu. He was deported to Fez in 1593. He authored 60 books (more than Shakespeare had written). He was called “Standard of Standards” by the Moroccans. He was also the student of the eminent black scholar Mohammed Bagayogo. He wrote excellent books on theology, grammar, history and Jurisprudence.

Mohammed Bagayogo Es Sudane Al Wangari Al Timbukti
His ancestors were the black scholars Wangari of the blessed city of Jenne. He was the Sheik and professor of Ahmed Baba Es Sudan. He was born in Timbuktu. He did all his studies in Timbuktu. He was one of the most eminent professors of both Sidi Yahya and Sankore Universities. He was without doubt a veritable Doctor of Islamic Sciences. This was confirmed when he stopped in Cairo on his way to Mecca. The scholars of Al Azhar University conferred on him the title of Doctor. He was a Jurist well versed in all branches of Islamic knowledge. He had a very busy schedule and loved imparting knowledge to people with great patience. He would loan his books to his students and friends and would not ask for them back. He was sincere in his intentions and actions. He loved people and people loved him. He was given the position of the supreme Judge of Timbuktu, which he kindly declined for fear of being unjust toward people. He lectured in all the Universities of the city. He wrote his own personal copies of the Holy Qur'an which are today with his descendent Baba Muhmud Hassay the actual Imam of Sidi Yahya Masjid. He possessed absolute mastery in the areas of Jurisprudence, Arabic Grammar, Prophetic Traditions, Logic, etc. He imparted knowledge to his students as well as received knowledge from them. He was humble and accepted truth wherever it came from.

The Professors and Imams of Jingaray Ber:
Jingaray Ber was built by Mansa Musa in 1325. This Masjid or University is 700 years old. Every Friday 9,000 people pray in this blessed Mosque. Among the list of eminent Scholars and Imams of the University of Jingare Ber are: Kaatib Musa, Sidi Abd Allah Al Balbali, Sidi Abu Al Kassim Tuwaati, Sidi Mansur Al Fezani, Ibrahim z-Zulfi, Ahmad the father of Nana Surgu (meaning the father of Nana the Tuareg woman), Sidi Ali Al Jazuli, Siddiq ibn Mohammed Ta'alla, Uthman ibn Al Hassan ibn Al Hajj at Tishiti, Mohammed Gididu al Fulani, Imam Ahmad ibn Imam Saddiq, Abd Arahman ibn Sayeed, Baba Alpha and Abderahman Ben Assuyut, the actual Imam.

The Professors and Imams of Sankore University:
As we said earlier, the Sankore Masjid was first built by Mandika people around the 12th century. It is located in the northeast district of Timbuktu. A Wangara or Mandika woman financed Sankore University making it the leading center of learning in West Africa at that time. The Moors and the Tuareg Sanhaja settled in the Sankore district around the 13th century. They contributed significantly to the intellectual life of the city. Sankore became very famous in the history of the University of Timbuktu. Among the scholars of Sankore are: Abu Al Baraaka, Mohammed Bagayogo, Ahmed Baba, And Ag Mohammed, Al Aqib ibn Faqi Muhmud, Abu Bakr ibn Ahmad Biru, Abd Arahman ibn Faqi Mahmud, Mohammed ibn Mohammed Kara and the actual Imam.

The Professors and Imams of Sidi Yahya University:
The Masjid of Sidi Yahya was built by Mohammed Naddi, one of the governors of the city appointed by the Mandika Dynasty. Mohammed Naddi was a friend of the Saint Sidi Yahya Al Andulusi. Sidi Yahya was the first Imam, scholar, professor, and saint of this Masjid. After him, there were: Mohammed Bagayogo, Saddiq, Mohammed Ben Al Wangari, Mohammed Ben Sayeed, Mohammed Ben Ahmadu, Ahmadu Ben Abdallah, Saleh Ben Mohammed, Salmay Al Wangari, Bagno Wangari, Baba Wangari, Ahmadu Bagno, Baba Alpha Umar, Al Imam Ahmadu, and the existing Imam Baba Mahmud Hassay, may Allah bless them for their valuable contributions.

--------------------
L Writes:

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
I agree with Jari that imbalance may not be the right word here

If it's not right, then what word does best explains this condition and side effect?
Not right to refute it while offering nothing.

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

If it's not right, then what word does best explains this condition and side effect?

I don't know, imbalance just sounds wrong to me for some reason. Asymmetry sounds better, but hey, they both mean the same thing essentially.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MK - Your diagnosis was correct, the problem was with your label.

The Boy is a Savant.

Savant syndrome, sometimes referred to as savantism, is a rare condition in which people with developmental disorders have one or more areas of expertise, ability, or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations. Although not a recognized medical diagnosis, researcher Darold Treffert says the condition may be either genetic or acquired.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
^OK, I agree, the label is what I had a problem with. TO further on the Savant Syndrome

quote:
Annotation:The savant syndrome
Pamela Heaton1 and Gregory L. Wallace2
1Psychology Department, Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK; 2Social, Genetic & Developmental
Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK

Background: Whilst interest has focused on the origin and nature of the savant syndrome for over a
century, it is only within the past two decades that empirical group studies have been carried
out. Methods: The following annotation briefly reviews relevant research and also attempts to address
outstanding issues in this research area. Traditionally, savants have been defined as intellectually
impaired individuals who nevertheless display exceptional skills within specific domains. However,
within the extant literature, cases of savants with developmental and other clinical disorders, but with
average intellectual functioning, are increasingly reported. Results: We thus propose that focus
should diverge away from IQ scores to encompass discrepancies between functional impairments and
unexpected skills
. It has long been observed that savant skills are more prevalent in individuals with
autism than in those with other disorders. Therefore, in this annotation we seek to explore the
parameters of the savant syndrome by considering these skills within the context of neuro psychological accounts of autism
. A striking finding amongst those with savant skills, but without the diagnosis of
autism, is the presence of cognitive features and behavioural traits associated with the disorder.
Conclusions: [b]We thus conclude that autism (or autistic traits) and savant skills are inextricably
linked and we should therefore look to autism in our quest to solve the puzzle of the savant syndrome[b].
Keywords: Savant, autism, talent, intelligence

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

Are you serious? Not only as a racist do you have a low IQ, but by your naive statement in the other thread that "nothing has ever been omitted from the Bible", you were exposed as nothing more than a bible thumping, academic retard. If the scholarly tradition at Timbuktu was controlled by Arabs, we wouldn't see so many Ajami manuscripts. Plus, I'm sure you can't name one Arab scholar who taught at Timbuktu. L' has already named off like 50 local African ones.
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

I don't know, imbalance just sounds wrong to me for some reason. Asymmetry sounds better, but hey, they both mean the same thing essentially.
Haha, Symmetry and Asymmetry are opposites where one (symmetry) means, proportionally balanced, and asymmetric means, imbalance.

LOL, you just prefer an ugly whore who's dressed up in a pretty dress, but that's cool.

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
MK - Your diagnosis was correct, the problem was with your label.

The Boy is a Savant.

Savant syndrome, sometimes referred to as savantism, is a rare condition in which people with developmental disorders have one or more areas of expertise, ability, or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations. Although not a recognized medical diagnosis, researcher Darold Treffert says the condition may be either genetic or acquired.

Quite possible, but the CAUSE is generally always the same. Genetics. [Wink]
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^What makes you assume all individuals have the same symmetry (or symmetric range)? In other words, some people may naturally have the capacity to tap into a broader range of mental function, and that the positive weight/effect given to one aspect may outweigh the negative effect/weight given to another aspect that is somehow dulled. This kind of egalitarian position is noble but it can't side-step the fact that some people are just all around stupid, like Afronut.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com