EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What are the influences from abroad that helped shape the rise of Egypt? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: What are the influences from abroad that helped shape the rise of Egypt?
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calabooz':
^I want to know why you have been unable to sustain any of your claims herein.

You and the others post a bone that may or may not represent anything but a bone with scratches on it, and you want me to sustain my claims?lol....I think most of what I have offered has more factual basis than your bone.
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I take it you don't understand the significance of the likes of the Ishango bone? Let me put it this way....

Earliest mathematical artifact that is part of an African tradition that is distributed from south, west, central, Sahara, and north Africa and was probably represents the spread of the counting system that was the basis for Egyptian mathematics?

BTW, those "scratches" represent the earliest calculator in the world.

You are extremely biased and obviously ignorant.

Another way of putting it, Near Eastern influences were not essential to state formation, sub-Saharan and Saharan influences on the other hand, were.

Question: Are you one of the following people:

princessofthenile

Or

Missy5465?

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the Ishango bone represents the earliest calculator in the world, to you. Since it was found in sub-saharan Africa.lol.....If the bone had been found in Europe, you would have denied that it had any special significance at all other than being a gnawed on bone. Europe has its own bone too. And it's at least 10,000 years older than your bone. And it definitely was used as a mathematical tallying tool. Unlike your bone which is questionable. In fact I bet that you could take just about any random sets of marks separated by spaces, and make some mathematical sense out of it.
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Europe has its own bone too. And it's at least 10,000 years older than your bone.
How is this relevant?

In case you failed to understand, in Africa this represents a cultural continuity that extends from sub-Saharan Africa, as far as south Africa, up to the Nile Valley. Any mathematical artifact outside of this African tradition is irrelevant

quote:
Unlike your bone which is questionable.
Yeah, to you it's questionable because it is in sub-Saharan Africa LOL! You are doing the exact thing you said I would do. The difference is, this bone IS in sub-Saharan Africa not Europe.

"The Ishango bone is the oldest known object containing **logical carvings**. It was discovered in the Congo, and has been dated to be 22{,}000 years old. The middle column of marks on the bone contains the sequence of number 3, 6, 4, 8, 10, 5, 5, 7 (Sloane's A100000)."--Weisstein, Eric W.

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
This is evidence of a real tallying system and not just may have been. This is much older than your wishbone. Your wishbone is not the oldest known object to contain logical carvings if that is even what they really are in the first place.

quote:
An early evidence of a "mathematical system" was found on a bone discovered in the Czech Republic. It dates from about 30,000 B.C.E. The bone contains fifty-five individual tally marks, divided into eleven groups of five marks each, just as tally marks might be grouped today. There is a dividing line, separating the first twenty-five marks from the remaining twenty, that makes totaling the tally marks even easier.

adrianne
Member # 10761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adrianne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
simple girl

you have to explain why the first egyptians looked like the guys below

1.http://www.aldokkan.com/egypt/menes.htm

2.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Huni-StatueHead_BrooklynMuseum.png

Q. did the first ancient egyptians look like the guys above

A.yes or no

answer the question simple girl

CASE CLOSED

Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
This is evidence of a real tallying system and not just may have been. This is much older than your wishbone. Your wishbone is not the oldest known object to contain logical carvings if that is even what they really are in the first place.
According to my citation- yes it is. On the other hand I never claimed it was the oldest mathematical artifact. That would be the Lebombo bone of Swaziland ALSO IN AFRICA that dates to 35,000b.c 5,000 years older than your European bone LMAO!

I again must reiterate that your citation is completely irrelevant to the fact that IN AFRICA Barbed bone points exist as an AFRICAN TRADITION that continues from south Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, the Sahel and the Nile Valley. And that even the Ishango bone is apart of this African tradition which may signify the spread of the counting system to Egypt thereby being the basis of Egyptian mathematics.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I am talking about Calabooz' these Guys and Gal show-up make all sort of ridiculous claims about the origins of this or that African civilization we post evidence to contrary it gets ignored in favor of out dated sources or stuff they themselves made up,and makes absolutely no sense if I was Simple I would at least do some research on the Ishango Bones if nothing else to devise a counter argument instead being dismissive without even looking at the evidence but as AlTakruri said earlier they have their own agenda no amount of primary evidence will shake that the truth is not what they are after.
For lurkers out there this is what we are going on about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyduQYmlowM&feature=player_embedded
please click
http://etopia.sintlucas.be/3.14/Ishango_meeting/Mathematics_Africa.pdf

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbl
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only do they show up with their ridiculous claims
they dominate the board and dictate its direction and
some of you engage the worst of them as if they were
friends.

But what do we find on the white boards? Control. Strict
control. You don't stand a chance on any of their boards
because they will not tolerate you. They will ban you
and in most cases will delete, edit, or misrepresent
whatever you post there. They will not allow themselves
to stagnate and repeat the same counter material year
in and year out. No, they will expand and build on all
their foregoings coming up with something new.

Blacks will never learn there is a clash of races
and whites are intent on winning and judging by
how whites here whose agenda is obviously racist
are tolerated and reached out to here, they will
win even on the black's "home" turf. Why we even
have blacks spreading info on Euro culture here
after the enemy whites introduce it. Ever see
that happen on a white board? Ever see them
advance anything positive about African civ
after a black introduces it on their boards?

And our friendly whites, what do they do? Are they
vociferous in countering their fellow whites of bad
intentions? Why aren't they the leading vanguard
against the racist whites who post here?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by adrianne:
simple girl
you have to explain why the first egyptians looked like the guys below

-

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't our home turf. Never has been (we've simply always been numerically superior). It's just too bad that ESR never got the attention it deserved and I admit to being part of the blame for not posting there that much.

Maybe we can give it another shot in the near future. Setting something up with our own web host/URL while developing some kind of strategy to attract membership beforehand may prove more productive.

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Not only do they show up with their ridiculous claims
they dominate the board and dictate its direction and
some of you engage the worst of them as if they were
friends.

But what do we find on the white boards? Control. Strict
control. You don't stand a chance on any of their boards
because they will not tolerate you. They will ban you
and in most cases will delete, edit, or misrepresent
whatever you post there. They will not allow themselves
to stagnate and repeat the same counter material year
in and year out. No, they will expand and build on all
their foregoings coming up with something new.

Blacks will never learn there is a clash of races
and whites are intent on winning and judging by
how whites here whose agenda is obviously racist
are tolerated and reached out to here, they will
win even on the black's "home" turf. Why we even
have blacks spreading info on Euro culture here
after the enemy whites introduce it. Ever see
that happen on a white board? Ever see them
advance anything positive about African civ
after a black introduces it on their boards?

And our friendly whites, what do they do? Are they
vociferous in countering their fellow whites of bad
intentions? Why aren't they the leading vanguard
against the racist whites who post here?

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alTakruri stop yopur cryin
Sundjata's right it's about ownership.
The simple fact is that ESR is black owned and Egyptsearch is not

But Instead of using our time to post and promote a properly moderated black owned forum like ESR we negroes prefer to post at Egyptsearch.
Likewise instead of using more of his time to post on ESR Charlie Bass prefers to post on arthroscope.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM

on the other hand who can deny the delight of globalblacksupremacy being able to make numerous posts in stormfront with a name like that?
Imagine a poster with the name "white supremacy" posting in ESR. We not having it

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
It has been said that ausar's moderation is preferable over alTurkuri because alTukruri even annoys black folk with his holier than thou attitude. I don't know if this is actually true but it has been rumored to be.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Ah STFU you white b|tch in black-face!

I disagree with Takruri. This was never a 'black' forum to begin with and there are those of us who are non-black such as Brandon and myself who accept the FACTUAL REALITY of Egypt's black African identity. I DO agree though that the main problem with this forum is loss of control to the idiotic trolls whereas their own Euronut dominions have totalitarian reign and allow no dissident speech that undermines them! [Mad]

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
According to my citation- yes it is. On the other hand I never claimed it was the oldest mathematical artifact. That would be the Lebombo bone of Swaziland ALSO IN AFRICA that dates to 35,000b.c 5,000 years older than your European bone LMAO!

I again must reiterate that your citation is completely irrelevant to the fact that IN AFRICA Barbed bone points exist as an AFRICAN TRADITION that continues from south Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, the Sahel and the Nile Valley. And that even the Ishango bone is apart of this African tradition which may signify the spread of the counting system to Egypt thereby being the basis of Egyptian mathematics.

LMAO [Big Grin] The Simpleton's dumbass is debunked yet again!
quote:

More on pottery:

The Wavy Line and the Dotted Wavy Line Pottery
in the Prehistory of the Central Nile
and the Sahara-Sahel Belt

Abbas S. Mohammed-Ali1, and Abdel-Rahim M. Khabir

African Archaeological Review, Vol. 20, No. 1, March 2003

From the chronological standpoint, it seems that the overall radiometric dates of the early ceramics from the Central Nile Valley are generally in accordance with their counterpart in the Sahara-Sahel Belt, dated to the tenth–eighth millennium bp. (eighth–sixth millenium BC). These dates may suggest that pottery developed locally from early prototypes as early as 10,000 bp. The origin(s) of the wavy line and dotted wavy line ceramics is much more complex than was once thought. The reason(s) behind the invention of pottery lies mainly in the need for containers that permit wider uses of food techniques than is otherwise possible, as well as other different sets of advantages for the general mode of living (Arnold, 1985, pp. 127–166). The invention of pottery and harpoons are critical events in the process that led to the expansion of aquatic resource exploitation, as is manifested in the Nile Valley (see supra; Haaland, 1995; Sutton, 1974, pp. 529–531). Also, the Sahara-Sahel Belt might have only opened up for the kind of resource exploitation that necessitates the invention of ceramics by the early Holocene (see Clark, 1980; Hassan, 1986).

Where is the European pottery that antedates this, Simpleton? LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

I disagree with Takruri. This was never a 'black' forum to begin with and there are those of us who are non-black such as Brandon and myself who accept the FACTUAL REALITY of Egypt's black African identity. I DO agree though that the main problem with this forum is loss of control to the idiotic trolls whereas their own Euronut dominions have totalitarian reign and allow no dissident speech that undermines them! [Mad]

You are wrong. This was once a black site and then it got diluted by foreigners.

The exact same thing caused the downfall of ancient Egypt.

Even though you and Brandon have your mind right I just don't think that we can afford to have non-blacks on the ESR.

We need one site that's pure and it already exists. It just needs tweaking and re-energizing. We will just have to sacrifice the sympathizers, sorry.
What I recommend for the ESR is that each member would have to prove they are black by submitting photos and verifiable identification in order to be allowed to post. This would be checked out and the information kept private with an administrator. We need at least one ancient Egypt site to be black owned and people of African descent only.
If white people can do this and take over then we should be able to do it.

The second thing I recommend is a policy to discourage brain drain from the ESR. This means members must pledge no posting on Egyptsearch or other non-black Egyptian history or anthropology sites. That may seem strict but this is why ESR is
not more dynamic. The finest minds like to come here and fool around with the white people more than post on the ESR.

lioness productions
blacks only from now on

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

You are wrong. This was once a black site and then it got diluted by foreigners.

The exact same thing caused the downfall of ancient Egypt.

Even though you and Brandon have your mind right I just don't think that we can afford to have non-blacks on the ESR.

We need one site that's pure and it already exists. It just needs tweaking and re-energizing. We will just have to sacrifice the sympathizers, sorry.
What I recommend for the ESR is that each member would have to prove they are black by submitting photos and verifiable identification in order to be allowed to post. This would be checked out and the information kept private with an administrator. We need at least one ancient Egypt site to be black owned and people of African descent only.
If white people can do this and take over then we should be able to do it.

The second thing I recommend is a policy to discourage brain drain from the ESR. This means members must pledge no posting on Egyptsearch or other non-black Egyptian history or anthropology sites. That may seem strict but this is why ESR is
not more dynamic. The finest minds like to come here and fool around with the white people more than post on the ESR.

lioness productions
blacks only from now on

I believe everyone is welcome. I like the fact that the Egypt forum is dedicated solely to Egypt. This site, on the other hand, is dynamic because everything is open to discussion here.

This site is the way it has always been. It is a wide open site where you can talk about anything related to African people.

You may not agree with everything written here but it is wide open. If people have problems with trolls they shouldn't feed 'em.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:

More on pottery:

Abbas S. Mohammed-Ali1, and Abdel-Rahim M. Khabir

African Archaeological Review, Vol. 20, No. 1, March 2003

From the chronological standpoint, it seems that the overall radiometric dates of the early ceramics from the Central Nile Valley are generally in accordance with their counterpart in the Sahara-Sahel Belt, dated to the tenth–eighth millennium bp. (eighth–sixth millenium BC). These dates may suggest that pottery developed locally from early prototypes as early as 10,000 bp. The origin(s) of the wavy line and dotted wavy line ceramics is much more complex than was once thought. The reason(s) behind the invention of pottery lies mainly in the need for containers that permit wider uses of food techniques than is otherwise possible, as well as other different sets of advantages for the general mode of living (Arnold, 1985, pp. 127–166). The invention of pottery and harpoons are critical events in the process that led to the expansion of aquatic resource exploitation, as is manifested in the Nile Valley (see supra; Haaland, 1995; Sutton, 1974, pp. 529–531). Also, the Sahara-Sahel Belt might have only opened up for the kind of resource exploitation that necessitates the invention of ceramics by the early Holocene (see Clark, 1980; Hassan, 1986).

Where is the European pottery that antedates this, Simpleton? LOL [Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

What are you trying to say thimble head? That pottery was invented in Egypt and diffused north to Europe? Or that ceramics was invented in Egypt and moved north to Europe? Your source isn't clear on what it is referring to and when.

quote:
These dates may suggest that pottery developed locally from early prototypes as early as 10,000 bp.
What are the prototypes referred to? Is it ceramics or actual pottery? Just because pottery may have been in use, doesn't mean it would exclude a possibility of outside influence.
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Climate-Controlled Holocene
Occupation in the Sahara:
Motor of Africa’s Evolution

Rudolph Kuper and Stefan Kropelin*

quote:
During the early Holocene humid optimum, the southern Sahara and the
Nile valley apparently were too moist and hazardous for appreciable human
occupation. (C) After 7000 B.C.E., human settlement became well established
all over the Eastern Sahara, fostering the development of cattle pastoralism.

(D) Retreating monsoonal rains caused the onset of desiccation of
the Egyptian Sahara at 5300 B.C.E. Prehistoric populations were forced to
the Nile valley or ecological refuges and forced to exodus into the Sudanese
Sahara where rainfall and surface water were still sufficient.
The return of full
desert conditions all over Egypt at about 3500 B.C.E. **coincided with the
initial stages of pharaonic civilization in the Nile valley**

Abbas S. Mohammed-Ali1; and Abdel-Rahim M.Khabir

quote:
The utilization of local raw materials for ceramics (matrix and temper) and
lithic tools strengthens the possibility of cultural heterogeneity of the Mesolithic
and Neolithic components along the Nile Valley and the Sahara-Sahel Belt during
the early Holocene. The apparent similarities between the wavy line and the dotted
wavy line components of the Central Nile Valley and the Sahara-Sahel Belt, coupled
with the disparate nature of their lithic tool types and technologies, have been
considered a sign of **diffusion of ideas to autonomous groups of people** (Hays,
1974; Renfrew, 1969).
Despite the **broadly similar way of life and the general resemblance in subsistence
economy shared by the wavy line and dotted wavy line pottery makers**

and/or owners, these decorations are not always coincident in either space or time,
whether in the Central Nile Valley or the Sahara-Sahel Belt.

....Much earlier than the Middle East

quote:
What are the prototypes referred to? Is it ceramics or actual pottery? Just because pottery may have been in use, doesn't mean it would exclude a possibility of outside influence.
Read the article. Outside influence is not even suggested based on the early dates and the similarity of Saharan/Nile Valley Pottery styles. Even earlier than that of the Middle East!
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
A bull-horned goddess from the Cucuteni culture Ukraine:

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Okay and what the hell does this have to do with Egypt??

Are you saying that somehow has any relation to this?

-

LOL

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Simple are Ukrainians responsible for the rise of Kemitian culture and civilization??

-

All the above proves is that Ukrainians had a cow but prove the Ukrainians had

-

The Ws Scepter the white crown the red crown or had the frightful precursor to the beast Ammit the devourer
 -  -
 -
All radiating from here^ soo how far is the Ukraine from Kemet again???

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by A Simple Girl:
A bull-horned goddess from the Cucuteni culture Ukraine:

-

^Possibly a connection with Hathor the horned Egyptian goddess.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Animal headed scepters were fairly common in the neolithic of southeastern Europe. Here's a horses head on the end of a scepter:

-

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
So? Do you realize how many cultures evolve similar objects independently of each other? Unless you have actual evidence supporting your claims then you're just making stuff up. Just name one scholar who is enforcing the claims you're making. Of course there are none because there is no evidence!

--------------------
L Writes:

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
So? Do you realize how many cultures evolve similar objects independently of each other? Unless you have actual evidence supporting your claims then you're just making stuff up. Just name one scholar who is enforcing the claims you're making. Of course there are none because there is no evidence!

Some of what you are saying is true. Two cultures can develop similar objects without knowledge of each other. On the other hand the Gebel el-Arak knife from Egypt shows the God El in Mesopotamian clothing. There is also the Narmer palette and Uruk cylinder seal which have serpopards in the same configuration, necks entwined with each other heads facing each other. Which came first, who influenced who, and the relevance of these things is uncertain. But there is some connection there apart from other cases where two cultures develop similar motifs independently. It doesn't apply in these two cases. Clearly in these cases the objects come out of a knowledge of the other culture.
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
On the other hand the Gebel el-Arak knife from Egypt shows the God El in Mesopotamian clothing. There is also the Narmer palette and Uruk cylinder seal which have serpopards in the same configuration, necks entwined with each other heads facing each other. Which came first, who influenced who, and the relevance of these things is uncertain. But there is some connection there apart from other cases where two cultures develop similar motifs independently. It doesn't apply in these two cases. Clearly in these cases the objects come out of a knowledge of the other culture.
I actually like talking to you when you don't sound so retarded.

Some of what you say is also true. However, I was referring specifically to Simple Girl's comparison of Egypt to southeastern Europe. She is trying to literally force a connection between the two when there is hardly a connection to be made at all.

In regards to Mesopotamian influence, the Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of ancient Egypt offers insight:

quote:
It is often assumed that Egyptian writing was invented under a stimulus of the Mesopotamian writing system, developed in the late fourth millennium BC, that might have come at the time of the short-lived Uruk Culture expansion into Syria. A variety of artistic and architectural evidence for contact between Mesopotamia and late Predynastic Egypt has been found, but none of it can be dated precisely in relation to Tomb U-j. Moreover, the Egyptian writing system is different from the Mesopotamian and must
have been developed independently. The possibility of “stimulus diffusion” from
Mesopotamia remains, but ***the influence cannot have gone beyond the transmission of an idea.*** A second point of contrast with Mesopotamia is in uses of writing. The earliest Egyptian writing consists of inscribed tags, ink notations on pottery, again principally from the royal cemetery at Abydos, and hieroglyphs incorporated into artistic compositions, of which the chief clear examples are such pieces as the Narmer Palette, which is probably more than a century later than Tomb U-j. Thus, while administrative
uses of writing appear to have come at the beginning—examples from the Abydos tombs include such notations as “produce of Lower Egypt”—the system was integrated fully into pictorial representation. An intermediate, emblematic mode of representation in which symbols, including hieroglyphs, were shown in action also evolved before the 1st Dynasty. These three modes together formed a powerful artistic complex that endured as

--Edited by Kathryn A. Bard

So we can rule out Mesopotamia giving Egypt hieroglyphics and any possible influence "did not go beyond the transmission of an idea".

quote:
who influenced who
Good question.

Ideas travel. This doesn't mean that the ideas Mesopotamia offered Egypt helped the rise of Egyptian civilization

Also see:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11800004/Too-Much-Stuff-Recent-Finds-in-Pre-Dynastic-Egypt

"He [Gunther Dreyer] concluded his presentation by noting similarities between specific Egyptian and Mesopotamian objects and suggesting that perhaps there is an initial influence of Egyptian writing on Mesopotamia because there are signs on Mesopotamian objects that are only "readable" from the standpoint of the Egyptian language, but not the Mesopotamian language." - Mario Beatty, "Too Much Stuff": Recent Finds in Predynastic Egypt"

The real contributions that gave rise to Egypt were Saharan's and Sudanese:

"The communities using the cemeteries described above were almost the last dwellers of the dying savanna, which is today’s desert. The worsening drought soon forced them to migrate toward the Nile Valley, where they undoubtedly brought their culture, organizational system and beliefs contributing to the birth of ancient Egyptian civilization."--Michal Kobusiewicz et al.

Read more here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007364

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:
The real contributions that gave rise to Egypt were Saharan's and Sudanese:

"The communities using the cemeteries described above were almost the last dwellers of the dying savanna, which is today’s desert. The worsening drought soon forced them to migrate toward the Nile Valley, where they undoubtedly brought their culture, organizational system and beliefs contributing to the birth of ancient Egyptian civilization.

That doesn't necessarily have to be true. Just because people may have occupied areas around the Nile, it doesn't mean they contributed greatly to the rise of Egypt. Look at the North American Indians. Did they contribute greatly to the rise of civilization in present day North America?
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
That doesn't necessarily have to be true. Just because people may have occupied areas around the Nile, it doesn't mean they contributed greatly to the rise of Egypt. Look at the North American Indians. Did they contribute greatly to the rise of civilization in present day North America?
What the heck are you talking about? It's not simply because they live near Egypt, it's because we have tons of archaeological evidence to support it. I don't give a damn about your opinion. What I posted is from a recent article wherein the authors base their statements on recent findings from Egypt and Sudan.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/pdf/Kobusiewicz.pdf

So yes it IS true. You may not like it but it's still true. I have no idea for the life of me why you are so eager to look for nonexistent connections all the way from Europe when the archaeological evidence clearly does not support anything you have to say on the matter. My advice to you: stop being so biased. You're letting your want for Egypt to have been a southern European/Middle Eastern derivative filled with mythical "Caucasoids" to cloud your interpretation of the actual data.

--------------------
L Writes:

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
That^ is not

-

This^ notice the distinctive hooves at the bottom
Was scepters were used as symbols of power or dominion, and were associated with the gods (such as Set or Anubis[1]) as well as with the pharaoh. Was scepters also represent the typhonic beast or Set-animal (the mascot of the Egyptian god Set). In later use, it was a symbol of control over the force of chaos that Set represented.
In a funerary context the was-sceptre was responsible for the well-being of the deceased, and was thus sometimes included in the tomb equipment or in the decoration of the tomb or coffin. The sceptre is also considered an amulet. The Egyptians perceived the sky as being supported on four pillars, which could have the shape of was-sceptres. The 'was'-sceptre is also the symbol of the fourth Upper Egyptian nome, the nome of Thebes ( called 'Waset' in Egyptian)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Was

The fact is Simple you are trying to force a connect as pointed out to by Calabooz above with East Europeans and your examples of America and native American only works when there was actually real mass sustained migration prompting culture shift including language now prove that Ukrainians spoke any form of African languages.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ This is retarded. Despite anything the Simpleton says NO scholar has ever suggested Egyptian culture to be derived from anything other than the Sahara and Sudan-- all within AFRICA.

She keeps pointing to similarities that are obviously totally out of context archaeologically and otherwise.

We've already proven she lost her argument pages ago. What's the point??

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:
What the heck are you talking about? It's not simply because they live near Egypt, it's because we have tons of archaeological evidence to support it. I don't give a damn about your opinion. What I posted is from a recent article wherein the authors base their statements on recent findings from Egypt and Sudan.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/pdf/Kobusiewicz.pdf

No where does your source give any indication at all that these people could have contributed anything greatly to the rise of Egyptian civilization.

Also an interesting piece from your source states that:

quote:
From a physical
anthropological viewpoint, the population sample exhibits evidence of North African and
sub-Saharan admixture.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Simple first off you didn't even bother reading the fkin link did you Reading actually means READING AND NEXT COME THE UNDERSTANDING Not SKIMMING and then making up SH!!!T based on half azzed understanding, and wishful thinking.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by A Simpleton:

No where does your source give any indication at all that these people could have contributed anything greatly to the rise of Egyptian civilization.

You obviously didn't read the whole paper, because it explained how this culture was among the earliest evidences of systemic organization and leadership, possibly kingship which directed the building of Nabta megaliths and tombs!

You say these people right there in the Nile Valley could not have contributed to Egypt but Ukrainians did?!! LMAO [Big Grin]

Also an interesting piece from your source states that:

quote:
From a physical
anthropological viewpoint, the population sample exhibits evidence of North African and
sub-Saharan admixture.

Yes. Interesting in that it makes no sense since this culture happened during a time when there was NO Sahara!
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
WTF 0_0

Simple Girl, if you don`t want to bother comprehending the info then that's your problem.

And what do you take "mixture of North and sub-Saharan features" to mean exactly? The only reason they say that is because Joel Irish is an author and he is probably referring to mass reduced teeth that he associates with north Africans and Europeans. Biologically these people had facial characteristics as seen in Saharan and southern Africans. But to say mixture of sub-Saharan and North African features indicates that North Africans couldn't have sub-Saharan features and vice versa which isn't true since Northeast Africans since the Holocene have had sub-Saharan morphological affinities

--------------------
L Writes:

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man...This simple person is a joke.

She believes people from Ukraine helped build Egypt yet people in Egypts Sahara region did not.

Excuse me while I laugh..Bahahahahahhah.

How sad do you have to be to claim something like what Simple Girl stated. She truly is a sad case and I feel sorry for her. [Frown]

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Nabta Playa Stone Circle

-

Nabta Playa is an internally drained basin that served as an important ceremonial center for nomadic tribes during the early part of 9560 BC. Located 62 miles west of Abu Simbel some 60 miles west of the Nile near the Egyptian-Sudanese border. Nabta contains a number of standing and toppled megaliths. They include flat, tomb-like stone structures and a small stone circle that predates Stonehenge (2600 B.C.), and other similar prehistoric sites by 1000's of years. Research suggests that it may have been a prehistoric "calendar" marking the summer solstice.

-

a large smoothly carved Cow megalith was uncovered under over 7 meters of sand. The bedrock beneath was also shaped, and the megaliths circles placed on top of the buried structures.

High level of organization

Archaeological discoveries reveal that these prehistoric peoples led livelihoods seemingly at a higher level of organization than their contemporaries who lived closer to the Nile Valley:. The people of Nabta Playa had:

* above-ground and below-ground stone construction,
* villages designed in pre-planned arrangements, and
* deep wells that held water throughout the year.

Findings also indicate that the region was occupied only seasonally, most likely only in the summer period, when the local lake filled with water for grazing cattle. Analysis of human remains suggests that these people migrated from sub-Saharan Africa.
[edit] Religious ties to ancient Egypt

By the 6th millennium BC, evidence of a prehistoric religion or cult appears, with a number of sacrificed cattle buried in stone-roofed chambers lined with clay.[2] It has been suggested that the associated cattle cult indicated in Nabta Playa marks an early evolution of Ancient Egypt's Hathor cult. For example, Hathor was worshipped as a nighttime protector in desert regions (see Serabit el-Khadim). To directly quote professors Wendorf and Schild:

... there are many aspects of political and ceremonial life in the Predynastic and Old Kingdom that reflects a strong impact from Saharan cattle pastoralists...

Nevertheless, though the religious practices of the region involving cattle suggest ties to Ancient Egypt, Egyptologist Mark Lehner cautions:

It makes sense, but not in a facile, direct way. You can't go straight from these megaliths to the pyramid of Djoser.

Circular stone structure at Nabta

Other subterranean complexes are also found in Nabta Playa, one of which included evidence of perhaps an early Egyptian attempt at sculpture.

If people in the South were the ancestors of the Egyptians why did they war with them and why did not say, apart from the vague Prophesy of Nefertiti, emphatically and repeatedly that these were their ancestors? Why did they depict them differently and label them "foreigners" ?
Why did the pyramids of Meroe came after the Egyptians stopped building pyramids?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Again you make the mistake of stereotyping. The Egyptians claim ancestry from *SOME* southerners, mainly the Setjau and probably Wawat peoples but not others like the Kushites. Why they waged war against other southerners is like asking why Greeks waged war against northerners like the Illyrians, Thracians, or even the Macedonians who there seems to be a close relation and even shared ancestry. [Embarrassed]
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Hahaha! lioness you are such a weirdo

--------------------
L Writes:

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
O'Connor (Ancient Nubia: Egypt's Rival in Africa) pointed out, in the section cited by Wegner, about the
Qustul burner:

"Williams' theory is exciting, but the evidence for it is not
convincing. At the time his theory was published, the Qustul 'royal'
tombs antedated the earliest royal tombs of Egypt, of Nakada phase IIIb.
But recently an Abydos royal tomb of IIIA has been found [Tomb of U-j -
KGG], so Qustul loses chronological primacy.

A stone incense burner [the Qustul burner - KGG] is of special
importance. It was carved with motifs Egyptian in style and content
(including a depiction of a pharaoh in a traditional crown), yet incense
burners are typical of Nubia, not Egypt. Surely it, and therefore its
pharaonic iconography, are Nubian in origin, Williams argued. But it is
more plausible (because of the thoroughly A-Group or Nubian character of
the Qustul cemetery) to suggest that the incense burner was made in
Egypt, or decorated by Egyptian artisans, as a special gift for the
ruler of Qustul of the day.

The real importance of the Qustul cemetery is that the size and richness
of the graves indicate rulers (possibly 3 to 8; Williams suggests 10-12)
were buried there, together with their high-status kinfolk. Moreover,
because no other Terminal A-Group cemetery approached the importance of
the Qustul cemetery, its occupants likely controlled all of Lower
Nubia, which would have formed a unitary political unit. In
geographical and population size, this entity would have been a complex
chiefdom and not a state, but its rulers were sufficiently high in
status to be called 'kings.'

Early in the Egyptian 1st Dynasty, the A-Group ended and the Nubians
were driven from Lower Nubia, not to return for about 6 centuries. This
can only have been due to organized Egyptian aggression, intended to
place this trade corridor, and the source of valuable stones and gold
(in flanking deserts), under direct Egyptian control.

The Egyptians not only prevented Nubian resettlement; early in the 4th
Dynasty (ca. 2500 BC) they founded in Lower Nubia several strategically
placed towns, such as Buhen. These improved Egypt's access to Lower
Nubian mineral sources and perhaps reflect an increased volume of trade
with Upper Nubia. However, some 160 years later Egypt abandoned these
towns, and Nubians began to resettle Lower Nubia..." (O'Connor 1993:
20-23)

O'Connor, D. 1993. _Ancient Nubia: Egypt's Rival in Africa_.
Philadelphia: University Museum/ Univ. of Pennsylvania.

Samuel Mark, in his _From Egypt to Mesopotamia: A Study of Predynastic
Trade Routes_ (cited above), also pointed out the following problems
with Williams' chronology of the Qustul burner as preceding development
of the Egyptian culture in Egypt:

a) The L 24 tomb in which the Qustul burner was found was dated by
Williams to Naqada IIIa is based upon fragments of pots, which is
assigned that date by Williams due to a questionable dating of a find of
a knife in a tomb at Azor in Palestine. When based upon the styling of
the jugs and pots alone, the date of the burner is set to 3100 BCE
[First Dynasty].

b) Within the L 24 tomb, 3 types of pot stands were found. Williams
proposes a Naqada IIIa dating, although the archaeological review on the
items shows these to be of Dynasty I design.

c) A shallow bowl fragment and a portion of a cylinder jar with wavy
lines were also found in L 24. Williams argues again for a Naqada IIIa
dating for these items, but the shallow stone bowl design was produced
only in the First Dynasty, as well as the cylinder jar (although a
possible earlier development of the cylinder jar is noted).

d) The "linchpin" to Williams' argument for an earlier dating,
however, for the burner and all L 24 items requires acceptance of a
theory for an earlier dating of a mummified arm recovered from the tomb
of Djer [third pharaoh of the First Dynasty], proposing that this arm
was stolen from a Naqada IIIa tomb and moved to Djer's tomb in Abydos.
He bases this conjecture on one bracelet found on the arm, decorated
with serekhs and a falcon perched on top (which is suggested as a part
of the possible reconstruction of the Qustul burner). Based upon his
review of the style, he proposes that this motif was no longer used by
Djer's time and must have come from an earlier tomb. [Petrie, contra,
dates the same bracelet to early in the reign of Djer, based upon
evidence discussed below].

However, Williams does not take into account that _other items found in
Djer's tomb_ also contained plaques of similar design made of lapis
lazuli and ivory which parallel the gold and turquoise plaques found on
the bracelet, and are, again, datable to the First Dynasty.

This is also compounded by the fact that the arm was found wrapped in
linen, which was part of the mummification process of the First Dynasty,
but was not part of the Naqada IIIa period.

Finally, there exists iconography in Egypt for the serekh, falcon, and
other images found on the Qustul burner, which predate the Naqada IIIa
period. Mark sums up these points by saying

"According to the archaeological evidence from L 24, then, it seems that
the tomb should be dated to the early First Dynasty, as should the
Qustul burner. Therefore, based upon the evidence, the Nubian incense
burners, the Scorpion macehead, and the Metropolitan Museum [Gebel el
Arak] knife handle all date to the unification of Egypt or later." [pp.
112-115].

IOW, the influence of Egypt is TO the Qustul burner as a matter of a
traded item, and NOT as evidence of an origin point, in Mark's view.

Archaeologically, it has been shown that social stratification necessary
to create a "kingship" concept was not present in ancient Nubian culture
until after the beginning of the dynastic period, by which time the
kingship system was well-established.* Hoffman in his _Egypt Before the
Pharaohs_, (New York, 1979) presented the archaeological evidence [ as
evidenced by the creation of elite tombs of greater size and valuables]
that shows the influence went from Egypt to Nubia in the concept of the
"divine king" as opposed to your statement. He notes:

"In Lower Nubia [/Sudan], however, this social order did not emerge.
The society remained more or less egalitarian until the impact of Egypt
was felt directly. For example, Reisner's successor in Nubia, C.M.
Firth, excavated what appears to be the earliest example of a 'chiefly'
grave in Lower Nubia in the late Gerzean[/Naqada II] or Protodynastic
times (ca 3300-3100 BC). At Cemetery 137 Firth discovered a group of
rectangular graves roofed by large sandstone slabs. Many appear to have
served as family tombs, since a number of burials were found inside.
One grave in particular was comparatively rich, boasting many heavy
copper axes, chisels, and bar ingots; several stone vases, a dipper of
banded slate, a lion's head of rose quartz, covered with green faience
glaze, a mica mirror, two maces with gold-plated handles and two large
bird-shaped palettes (Firth, 1927: 206 and Trigger, 1965:75). Judging
from the style of animals on one of the mace handles and the
round-toppoed variety of ther adz, the grave can be dated to the early
part of the First Dynasty -- the very moment when Egypt was undergoing
unification. But compared to contemporary graves in Egypt, this tomb is
poor indeed and a late expression of emerging social-economic class
distinctions; and there is clearly an attempt to import the ritual
paraphernalia already associated with emergent Egyptian kingship (e.g.,
the maceheads and palette)." [Hoffman, 1979: 260]

Hoffman cites Trigger as to why this social stratification was limited
in lower Nubia even in Protodynastic times, and can be summarized as
follows:

a) no opportunities for the land in Lower Nubia to acquire any special
value which would develop a public authority and the state;

b) At most Nubian chieftains appeared to have served as tribute/toll
takers along the riverside, controlling the passage of trade up the Nile
in regional fashion. While this may have placed them, by their wealth,
at the apex of their immediate society, it was enough to support their
immediate retainers, and not in a state or overall public authoritative
function.

c) In other cases, Trigger believes the Nubian chieftain served as do
their modern contemporaries, the village omdahs, as a "first among
equals. In any case, the power which any of these chiefs was limited
both in terms of area and authority."

["History and Settlement in Lower Nubia", Bruce Trigger, Yale
University, 1965, Publications in Anthropology 69: 75]

--
Katherine Griffis-Greenberg, MA (Lon)
Member, International Association of Egyptologists
American Research Center in Egypt, ASOR, EES, SSEA

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Williams show Ta-Seti kings engaged in military campaigns in Upper Egypt and Libya. Williams states the following in regards to this:

-
At an A-Group storage cache at Siali, which lies north of Qutsul, is more proof of royalty. On a portion of a seal from this find is a man saluting a bow and a palace façade with the Horus-falcon. Williams states, “the obvious interpretation is that the man is saluting the name for Nubia - Ta-Seti, or 'Land of the Bow.'” This indicates that Ta-Seti was indeed an established kingship and state.

Other evidence pointed out by Williams show Ta-Seti kings engaged in military campaigns in Upper Egypt and Libya. Williams states the following in regards to this:

“the fallen enemy is labeled Ta-Shemau or Upper Egypt. Although the second group remaining on this bowl is fainter than the first, it can be seen that 'the enemy' has fallen on his back rather than forward. The long flat sign (land) extends from the enemy's knee and the unimpeded vertical identifying sign appears to make a kind of question above - this, in all probability, is the label Ta-Tjemeh or Libya”.
http://www.playahata.com/pages/bhfigures/bhfigures24.html

Ta-Seti was a pre-unified pre Kemetian state able to take action in Upper Kemet and Libya and had direct trade with the Levant no amount of hand wringing is gonna chance that only further archeological discovery might.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
Btw later Kemetic tombs such as this belonging to Zoser of the 3rd took it's architectural influence from the the Ta-Setians of old.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Lioness why did Briton went to war with America,or Spain went to war with Cuba or France went to war with Haiti??
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If people in the South were the ancestors of the Egyptians why did they war with them and why did not say, apart from the vague Prophesy of Nefertiti, emphatically and repeatedly that these were their ancestors? Why did they depict them differently and label them "foreigners" ?
Why did the pyramids of Meroe came after the Egyptians stopped building pyramids?

Chronologically

Antiquity

* 1193-1184 Trojan War
* 1104-900 Dorian invasion
* 743-724 First Messenian War
* 710-650 Lelantine War
* 685-668 Second Messenian War
* 669-668 Sparta-Argos war
* 595-585 First Sacred War
* 560 Second Arcadian War
* 548 Thirean War
* 540 Battle of Alalia
* 538-522 Polycrates wars
* 500-499 Persian invasion of Naxos
* 492-490 First Persian War
* 482-479 Second Persian War
* 460-445 First Peloponnesian War
* 449-448 Second Sacred War
* 440-439 Samian War
* 431-404 Second Peloponnesian War
* 395-387 Corinthian War
* 390 Gallic invasion of Rome
* 323-322 Lamian War
* 267-261 Chremonidean War
* 264-241 First Punic War
* 229-228 Illyrian Wars
* 220-219 Illyrian Wars
* 218-201 Second Punic War
* 214-205 First Macedonian War
* 200-197 Second Macedonian War
* 171-168 Third Macedonian War
* 135-132 First Servile War
* 113-101 Cimbrian War
* 104-100 Second Servile War
* 73-71 Third Servile War
* 58-51 Gallic Wars

before 19th century

Only some wars are listed

*~600-793 Frisian-Frankish Wars
* 1208-1227 Conquest of Estonia
* 1209-1229 Albigensian Crusade
* 1220-1264 The Age of the Sturlungs
* 1282-1302 War of the Sicilian Vespers
* 1296-1357 Wars of Scottish Independence
* 1337-1453 Hundred Years' War
* 1419-1434 Hussite Wars
* 1455-1487 Wars of the Roses
* 1522–1559 Habsburg-Valois Wars
* 1558-1583 Livonian War
* 1562-1598 French Wars of Religion
* 1568–1648 Eighty Years' War
* 1580-1583 War of the Portuguese Succession
* 1585-1604 Anglo-Spanish War (1585)
* 1594-1603 Nine Years War (Ireland)
* 1618–1648 Thirty Years' War
* 1640-1688 Portuguese Restoration War
* 1642–1651 English Civil War
* 1652-1674 Anglo-Dutch Wars
* 1667–1668 War of Devolution
* 1667–1683 Great Turkish War
* 1672-1678 Franco-Dutch War
* 1688-1697 War of the League of Augsburg
* 1700–1721 Great Northern War
* 1701–1713 War of the Spanish Succession
* 1718-1720 War of the Quadruple Alliance
* 1740–1748 War of the Austrian Succession
* 1756–1763 Seven Years' War
* 1789–1799 French Revolution

19th century

* 1792–1815 Napoleonic Wars
* 1830 Ten Days Campaign (following the Belgian Revolt)
* 1830-1831 Polish-Russian war
* 1848-1849 Hungarian Revolution and War of Independence
* 1848-1851 First Schleswig War
* 1848–1866 Italian Independence wars

* 1848–1849 First Italian Independence War
* 1859 Second Italian Independence War
* 1866 Third Italian Independence War

* 1854–1856 Crimean War
* 1864 Second Schleswig War
* 1864 January Uprising
* 1866 Austro-Prussian War
* 1870–1871 Franco-Prussian War
* 1877–1878 Russo–Turkish War
* 1885 Serbo-Bulgarian War
* 1893–1896 Cod War of 1893
* 1897 First Greco–Turkish War

1900-1945

* 1911-1912 Italo-Turkish War
* 1912–1913 Balkan Wars
o 1912-1913 First Balkan War
o 1913 Second Balkan War
* 1914–1918 World War I
* 1916 Easter Rising
* 1917–1921 Russian Civil War
* 1918 Finnish Civil War
* 1918 Polish-Czech war for Teschen Silesia
* 1918–1919 Polish-Ukrainian War
* 1918–1919 Greater Poland Uprising
* 1918–1920 Estonian Liberation War
* 1918-1920 Latvian War of Independence
* 1919-1922 Greco-Turkish War
* 1919-1923 Turkish War of Independence
* 1919–1920 Czechoslovakia-Hungary War
* 1919–1921 Silesian Uprisings
* 1919–1921 Polish-Soviet War
* 1919–1921 Anglo-Irish War
* 1920 Polish-Lithuanian War
* 1922–1923 Irish Civil War
* 1936–1939 Spanish Civil War
* 1939–1945 World War II
o 1939-1940 Winter War
o 1941-1944 Continuation War
o 1944 Slovak National Uprising

5th century BC

* Roman-Etruscan Wars (ongoing)

4th century BC

* Roman-Etruscan Wars (ongoing)
* First Samnite War (343-341 BC)
* Latin War (340-338 BC)
* Second Samnite War (326-304 BC)

3rd century BC

* Third Samnite War (298-290 BC)
* Pyrrhic War (280-275 BC)
* First Punic War (264-241 BC)
* First Illyrian War (229-228 BC)
* Second Illyrian War (220-219 BC)
* Second Punic War (218-201 BC)
* First Macedonian War (214-205 BC)

2nd century BC

* Second Macedonian War (200-196 BC)
* Roman-Spartan War (195 BC)
* Roman-Syrian War (192 BC - 188 BC)
* Aetolian War (191-189 BC)
* First Celtiberian War (181-179 BC)
* Third Macedonian War (171-168 BC)
* Lusitanian War (155-139 BC)
* First Numantine War/Second Celtiberian War (154-151 BC)
* Fourth Macedonian War (150-148 BC)
* Third Punic War (149-146 BC)
* Second Numantine War/Third Celtiberian War (143-133 BC)
* First Servile War (135-132 BC)
* Cimbrian War (113-101 BC)
* Jugurthine War (112-105 BC)
* Second Servile War (104-103 BC)

1st century BC

* Roman-Parthian Wars (ongoing)
* Roman-Persian Wars (92 BC-627)
* Social War (91-88 BC)
* First Mithridatic War (90-85 BC)
* First Marian-Sullan Civil War (88-87 BC)
* Second Mithridatic War (83-82 BC)
* Sertorius' revolt (83-81 BC)
* Second Marian-Sullan Civil War (82-81 BC)
* Third Mithridatic War (73-67 BC)
* Third Servile War (73-71 BC)
* Fourth Mithridatic War (66-63 BC)
* Catilinarian Civil War (63-62 BC)
* Gallic Wars (59-51 BC)
* Caesar's civil war (49-45 BC)
* Post-Caesarian civil war (44 BC)
* Liberators' civil war (44-42 BC)
* Sicilian revolt (44-36 BC)
* Fulvia's civil war (Perusine War)(41-40 BC)
* Final war of the Roman Republic (32-30 BC)

1st century

* Roman conquest of Britain (43)
* First Jewish-Roman War (66-73)
* Roman Civil War of 68-69 AD

2nd century

* First Dacian War (101-102)
* Second Dacian War (105-106)
* Kitos War (115-117)
* Bar Kokhba's revolt (132-135)
* Marcomannic Wars (166-180)
* Roman Civil War of 193-197 AD

3rd century

* Roman Civil War of 238 AD
* First Roman-Gothic War (249-252 AD)
* Second Roman-Gothic War (253-268 AD)
* Third Roman-Gothic War (270 AD)

4th century

* Civil Wars of the Tetrarchy (306-324 AD)
* Roman Civil War of 350-351 AD
* Roman Civil War of 360-361 AD
* Fourth Roman-Gothic War (367-369 AD)
* Gothic War (376-382)
* Roman Civil War of 387-388 AD
* Roman Civil War of 394 AD

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why .....why?

Wars were very common in ancient Greece. The Greeks lived in little city-states, each one like a small town in the United States today, with no more than about 100,000 people in each city-state. These city-states - Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Thebes - were always fighting each other over their borders. Often they would get together in leagues, a lot of city-states together, to fight as allies.

Sometimes other people invaded Greece, and then there would be wars to defend the city-states from the invaders. Sometimes the city-states fought together, and sometimes they didn't. Then again, sometimes the Greeks fought in other countries. They invaded other countries and took them over, or they raided other cities and took their stuff. And they often fought for pay, as mercenaries, when one foreign country fought another.

Although there were many wars in ancient Greece, most of them we don't know very much about. There are four main wars that we do know about, thanks to the writing of Homer and Herodotus and Thucydides and Arrian. These are the Trojan War (about 1250 BC, which could be a legend), the Persian Wars (490-480 BC) and the Peloponnesian War (441-404 BC) and the campaigns of Alexander the Great (331-323 BC). Then a little later, Greece was taken over by the Romans (146 BC), which we know about thanks to Polybius.

About 650 BC, Greek generals in various different city-states came up with a new way of fighting battles that gave Greek soldiers of the Archaic period a big advantage over the soldiers of other countries like Egypt or the Lydians. Instead of fighting all in a big crowd, running forward and just trying to get at the enemy any which way, Greek generals trained their soldiers to fight in lines, shoulder to shoulder. In this way each man (women were not allowed to be soldiers) was protected by the shield of the man standing next to him. When they all marched forward together, no enemy spears or arrows could get through their wall of shields.

A soldier who fought this way was called a hoplite (HOP-light), and a group of soldiers who fought this way were called a hoplite phalanx (FAY-lanks). A hoplite phalanx was a very strong military formation - but it only worked if all the soldiers were well trained, and if they were all brave enough to hold the line. If anyone started to run away, the whole line would fall apart, and it wouldn't work. Or, if some men went slower than others, or got out of step, it wouldn't work. So hoplites needed to spend a lot of time training, the way people today train to be in a marching band, for instance.

-

The Peloponnesian War began in 431 BC between the Athenian Empire (or The Delian League) and the Peloponnesian League which included Sparta and Corinth. The war was documented by Thucydides, an Athenian general and historian, in his work History of the Peloponnesian War. Most of the extant comedies of Aristophanes were written during this war, and poke fun at the generals and events. The war lasted 27 years, with a 6-year truce in the middle, and ended with Athens' surrender in 404 BC.

Causes of the war

According to Thucydides, the cause of the war was the "fear of the growth of the power of Athens" throughout the middle of the 5th century BC. After a coalition of Greek states thwarted an attempted invasion of the Greek mainland by the Persian empire, several of those states formed the Delian league in 478 BC in order to create and fund a standing navy which could be used against the Persians in areas under their control. Athens, the largest member of the league and the major Greek naval power, took the leadership of the league and appointed financial officers to oversee its treasury, which was located on the island of Delos, the League headquarters.

Over the following decades Athens, through its great influence in the League, was able to convert it into an Athenian empire. Though some members of the League embraced Athenian conversion, just as many were bitterly opposed to the governments imposed upon them. Gradually League funds went more directly into Athenian projects, rather than into defending the Aegean and Greece from Persia. Pericles had the League treasury relocated from its home on Delos to Athens, from whence most of the funds were used in vast building projects such as the Parthenon. As the member states of the League gradually lost their independence, it transformed into the Athenian Empire, whose growth Sparta watched with concern.

The League, based around the Ionian and Aegean Sea, was by its very nature reliant on ships for trade and to fend off pirates and Persian fleets. As the League developed into the Athenian Empire, member states gradually lost control of their own ships, which they gave to Athens annually as tribute. Consequently, Athens began to accumulate a huge navy. This increase in Athenian military power allowed it to challenge the Lacedaemonians (commonly known as the Spartans), who, as leaders of the Peloponnesian League, had long been the sole major military power in Greece.

The immediate cause of the war comprised several specific Athenian actions that affected Sparta's allies, notably Corinth. The Athenian navy intervened in a dispute between Corinth and Corcyra, preventing Corinth from invading Corcyra at the Battle of Sybota, and placed Potidaea, a Corinthian colony, under siege. The Athenian Empire also levied economic sanctions against Megara, an ally of Sparta. These sanctions, known as the Megarian decree, were largely ignored by Thucydides, but modern economic historians have noted that forbidding Megara to trade with the prosperous Athenian empire would have been disastrous for the Megarans. The decree was likely a greater catalyst for the war than Thucydides and other ancient authors admitted, more so than simple fear of Athenian power.

The "Archidamian War"Sparta and its allies, with the exception of Corinth, were almost exclusively land based powers, able to summon large land armies which were very nearly unbeatable (thanks to the legendary Spartan forces). The Athenian Empire, although based in the peninsula of Attica, spread out across the islands of the Aegean Sea; Athens drew its immense wealth from tribute paid from these islands. Thus, the two powers were relatively unable to fight decisive battles.

The Spartan strategy during the first war, known as the Archidamian War after its king Archidamus II, who invaded Attica, the land surrounding Athens. While this invasion deprived Athens of the productive land around their city, Athens itself was able to maintain access to the sea, and did not suffer much. Many of the citizens of Attica abandoned their farms and moved inside the Long Walls, which connected Athens to its port of Piraeus. The Spartans also occupied Attica for only a few weeks at a time; in the tradition of earlier hoplite warfare the soldiers expected to go home to participate in the harvest. Moreover, Spartan slaves, known as helots, needed to be kept under control, and could not be left unsupervised for long periods of time. The longest Spartan invasion, in 430 BC, lasted just forty days.

The Athenian strategy was initially guided by the strategos, or general, Pericles, who advised the Athenians to avoid open battle with the far more numerous and better trained Spartan hoplites, relying instead on the fleet. The Athenian fleet, which heavily outnumbered the Spartan, went on the offensive, winning victories off Naupactus (now known as "Návpaktos"). In 430, however, an outbreak of a plague (thought by some to be anthrax tramped up from the soil by the thousands of refugees from Attica hiding out in Athens during a siege by the invading Peloponnesians, although no authoritative consensus exists among modern medical authorities as to the correct diagnosis).

The plague ravaged the densely packed city, and in the long run, was a significant cause in the final defeat of Athens. The plague wiped out over 30,000 citizens, sailors and soldiers and even Pericles and his sons, roughly one quarter of the Athenian population. The plague was a disaster which they could never hope to recover from, as Athenian manpower was drastically reduced and even foreign mercenaries refused to hire themselves out to a city riddled with plague. The fear of plague was so widespread that the Spartan invasion of Attica was abandoned, as their troops were unwilling to be near the diseased enemy.

After the death of Pericles, the Athenians turned somewhat against Pericles's conservative, defensive strategy and to a more aggressive strategy of bringing the war to Sparta and its allies. Rising to particular importance in Athenian democracy at this time was Cleon, a leader of the hawkish elements of the Athenian democracy. Led militarily by a clever new general Demosthenes (not to be confused with the later Athenian orator Demosthenes), the Athenians managed some successes as they continued their naval raids on the Peloponnese, stretched their military activities into Boeotia and Aetolia, and began fortifying posts around the Peloponnese.

One of these posts was near Pylos on a tiny island called Sphacteria, where the course of the first war turned in Athens's favor. The post off Pylos struck Sparta where it was weakest: its dependence on the helots. Sparta was dependent on a class of slaves, known as helots, to tend the fields while its citizens trained to become such fine soldiers.

The helots made the Spartan system possible, but now the post off Pylos began attracting helot runaways. To lose these slaves was bad enough, but the fear of a general revolt of helots emboldened by the nearby Athenian presence drove the Spartans to action. Demosthenes, however, outmaneuvered the Spartans and trapped a group of Spartan soldiers on Sphacteria as he waited for them to surrender.

Weeks later, though, Demosthenes proved unable to finish off these irrepressible Spartans. After boasting that he could put an end to the affair in the Assembly, to most Athenians' surprise (and perhaps to his as well), the inexperienced Cleon won a great victory at the Battle of Pylos and the related Battle of Sphacteria in 425 BC. The Athenians captured between 300 and 400 Spartan hoplites. The hostages gave the Athenians a valuable bargaining chip.

The Battle of Sphacteria was more a humiliating surrender than a devastating one, however.After the battle, Brasidas, a Spartan general, raised an army of allies and helots and went for one of the sources of Athenian power, capturing the Athenian colony of Amphipolis, which happened to control several nearby silver mines which the Athenians were using to finance the war. In subsequent battles, both Brasidas and Cleon were killed (see Battle of Amphipolis). The Spartans and Athenians agreed to exchange the hostages for the towns captured by Brasidas, and signed a truce.

The Peace of Nicias

The Peace of Nicias lasted for some six years, but was a time of constant skirmishing in and around the Peloponnese. While the Spartans refrained from action themselves, some of their allies began to talk of revolt. They were supported in this by Argos, a powerful state within the Peloponnese that had remained independent of Lacedaemon. The Argives, allies of the Athenians, succeeded in forming a grand alliance against Sparta.

The Battle of Mantinea was the largest land battle fought within Greece during the Peloponnesian War. The Lacedaemonians, with their neighbors the Tegeans, faced the combined armies of Argos, Athens, Mantinea, and Arcadia. The Spartans, "utterly worsted with respect to skill but superior in point of courage", routed the alliance against them. While the battle was indecisive with respect to the Athenian-Peloponnesian conflict, Sparta succeeded in defeating Argos, thus ensuring their supremacy over the people of Peloponnese.

The Sicilian Expedition

In the 17th year of the war, word came to Athens that one of their distant allies in Sicily was under attack from Syracuse. The people of Syracuse were ethnically Dorian, while the Athenians, and their ally in Sicily, were Ionian. The Athenians felt obliged to assist their ally.

The Athenians people did not act solely from altruism: they held visions of conquering all of Sicily. Syracuse, the principal city of Sicily, was not much smaller than Athens, and conquering all of Sicily would have brought Athens an immense amount of resources. In the final stages of the preparations for departure the hermai (religious statues) were mutilated by unknown persons, and Alcibiades, the Athenian general in charge of the expedition, was charged with religious crimes. Fearing that he would be unjustly condemned, Alcibiades defected to Sparta and Nicias was placed in charge of the mission. After his defection, Alcibiades informed the Spartans that the Athenian planned to use Sicily as a springboard for the conquest of all of Italy, and to use the resources and soldiers from these new conquests to conquer all of the Peloponnese.

The Athenian force consisted of over 100 ships and some 5000 infantry. Upon landing in Sicily, several cities immediately joined the Athenian cause. Instead of attacking at once, Nicias procrastinated and the campaigning season of 415 BC ended with Syracuse scarcely damaged. With winter approaching, the Athenians were then forced to withdraw into their quarters, and they spent the winter gathering allies and preparing to destroy Syracuse. The delay allowed the Syracusans to send for help from Sparta, who sent their general Gylippus to Sicily with reinforcements. Upon arriving, he raised up a force from several Sicilian cities, and went to the relief of Syracuse. He took command of the Syracusan troops, and in a series of battles defeated the Athenian forces, and prevented them from investing the city.

The Second War

The Lacedaemonians were not content with simply sending aid to Sicily; they also resolved to take the war to the Athenians. On the advice of Alcibiades, they fortified Decelea, near Athens, and prevented the Athenians from making use of their land year round. The fortification of Decelea also prevented the shipment of supplies overland to Athens, and forced all supplies to be brought in by sea at increased expense.

The Corinthians, the Spartans, and others in the Peloponnesian League sent more reinforcements to Syracuse, in the hopes of driving off the Athenians; but instead of withdrawing, the Athenians sent another hundred ships and another 5000 troops to Sicily. Under Gylippus, the Syracusans and their allies were able to decisively beat the Athenians on land; and Gylippus encouraged the Syracusans to build a navy, which was able to defeat the Athenian fleet when they attempted to withdraw. The Athenian army, attempting to withdraw overland to other, more friendly Sicilian cities, was divided and defeated; the entire Athenian fleet was destroyed, and virtually the entire Athenian army was sold off into slavery.

Following the defeat of the Athenians in Sicily, it was widely believed that the end of the Athenian Empire was at hand. Her treasury was nearly empty, her docks were depleted, and the flower of her youth was dead or imprisoned in a foreign land. They underestimated the strength of the Athenian Empire, but the beginning of the end was indeed at hand.

Athens Recovers

Following the destruction of the Sicilian Expedition, Lacedaemon encouraged the revolt of Athens's tributary allies, and indeed, much of Ionia rose in revolt against Athens. The Syracusans sent their fleet to the Peloponnesians, and the Persians decided to support the Spartans with money and ships. Revolt and faction threatened in Athens itself.

The Athenians managed to survive for several reasons. First, their foes were severely lacking in vigor. Corinth and Syracuse were slow to bring their fleets into the Aegean, and Sparta's other allies were also slow to furnish troops or ships. The Ionian states that rebelled expected protection, and frequently rejoined the Athenian side. The Persians were slow to furnish promised funds and ships, frustrating battle plans. Perhaps most importantly, Spartan officers were not trained to be diplomats, and were somewhat politically insensitive.

At the start of the war, the Athenians had prudently put aside some money and 100 ships that were to be used only as a last resort.

These ships were now released, and served as the core of the Athenians' fleet throughout the rest of the war. An oligarchical revolution occurred in Athens, in which a group of 400 seized power. A peace with Sparta might have been possible, but the Athenian fleet, now based on the island of Samos, refused to accept the change. In 411 BC this fleet engaged the Spartans at the Battle of Syme. The fleet appointed Alcibiades their leader, and continued the war in Athens's name. Their opposition led to the reinstitution of a democratic government in Athens within two years.

Alcibiades, while condemned as a traitor, was a very strong personality. He prevented the Athenian fleet from attacking Athens; instead, he helped restore democracy by more subtle pressure. He also persuaded the Athenian fleet to attack the Spartans at the battle of Cyzicus in 410. In the battle, the Athenians obliterated the Spartan fleet, and succeeded in reestablishing the financial basis of the Athenian empire.

Between 410 and 406, Athens won victory after victory, and had recovered large portions of its empire. All of this was due, in no small part, to Alcibiades.

Lysander triumphs

Faction triumphed in Athens: following a minor Spartan victory by Lysander at the naval battle of Notium, Alcibiades was not reelected general. He retired, leaving Athens to the mercy of a new and cunning opponent. Lysander was a rare Spartan, comfortable at controlling ships, trustworthy abroad, and with good personal relationships with the Persians.

Opportunity cooperated with him. After a naval battle at Arginusae, in which the Athenians lost 12 ships, the Athenians were unable to rescue the crews due to bad weather. Blaming instead the generals, the Athenians executed all of their top naval commanders, and destroyed the morale of their navy.Lysander, seizing the opportunity, sailed at once to the Hellespont, the source of Athens's grain. Threatened with starvation, the Athenian fleet had no choice but to follow. By means of a ruse, Lysander tricked the Athenians into a total defeat at the battle of Aegospotami, destroying 168 ships; only 12 Athenian ships escaped, and several of these sailed to Cyprus, including the strategos Conon, who was not anxious to face the judgment of the Assembly.

Facing starvation and disease from the prolonged siege, Athens surrendered in 404 BC, and her allies soon surrendered as well. The democrats at Samos, loyal to the bitter last, held on slightly longer, and were allowed to flee with their lives. The surrender stripped Athens of her walls, her fleet, and all of her overseas possessions.

Effects

For a short period of time, Athens was ruled by the 'thirty oligarchs'. According to a foonote in The Trial and Death of Socrates translated by GMA Grube pg 35, the thirty oligarchs was "the harsh oligarchy that was set up after the final defeat of Athens by Sparta in the Peloponnesian War in 404 BC, and that ruled Athens for some nine months in 404-403 before the democracy was restored."

Although the power of Athens was broken, she made something of a recovery as a result of the Corinthian War and continued to play an active role in Greek politics. Sparta was in turn humbled by Thebes at the Battle of Leuctra in 371 BC, but it was all brought to an end a few years later by Philip II of Macedon.

The Corinthian War was an ancient conflict fought between 395 BC and 387 BC. In the course of it a number of Greek city states challenged the hegemony that Sparta had established following its victory in the Peloponnesian War.This war saw Sparta, already at war with Persia, facing an alliance between its traditional enemies Athens and Argos, and its former allies Thebes and Corinth. The war was largely a stalemate, focusing on the Spartan king Agesilaus's siege of Corinth, which lasted until 390 BC, when the city was relieved by the Athenian general Iphicrates. This victory gave the Persians, who had been bankrolling the allies, pause, leading to the Peace of Antalcidas of 387 BC, in which the Greek states recognized Persian hegemony over Greece, which in effect played out as Spartan domination.

The war continues to fascinate later generations, both because of the way it engulfed the Greek world, and because the insight Thucydides provides into the motivations of its participants is deeper than what is known about any other war in ancient times.

Reference: G.L. Cawkwell, Thucydides and the Peloponnesian War (1997 London)

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Okay, and as informative as all that is, it is a waste of bandspace. Asking why the Egyptians went to war with their neighbors is like asking why the Greeks went to war with theirs or the Chinese with theirs. It is stupid and a non-sequitor that has nothing to do with the fact that the Egyptians are equally as African as their southern neighbors.
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:

Williams show Ta-Seti kings engaged in military campaigns in Upper Egypt and Libya. Williams states the following in regards to this:

-
At an A-Group storage cache at Siali, which lies north of Qutsul, is more proof of royalty. On a portion of a seal from this find is a man saluting a bow and a palace façade with the Horus-falcon. Williams states, “the obvious interpretation is that the man is saluting the name for Nubia - Ta-Seti, or 'Land of the Bow.'” This indicates that Ta-Seti was indeed an established kingship and state.

Other evidence pointed out by Williams show Ta-Seti kings engaged in military campaigns in Upper Egypt and Libya. Williams states the following in regards to this:

“the fallen enemy is labeled Ta-Shemau or Upper Egypt. Although the second group remaining on this bowl is fainter than the first, it can be seen that 'the enemy' has fallen on his back rather than forward. The long flat sign (land) extends from the enemy's knee and the unimpeded vertical identifying sign appears to make a kind of question above - this, in all probability, is the label Ta-Tjemeh or Libya”.
http://www.playahata.com/pages/bhfigures/bhfigures24.html

Ta-Seti was a pre-unified pre Kemetian state able to take action in Upper Kemet and Libya and had direct trade with the Levant no amount of hand wringing is gonna chance that only further archeological discovery might.

Very interesting Brada! I've known about Ta-Seti's conflicts with Ta Shemu but I didn't even know Ta-Tjemeh even existed at this time. If this is so, then Libya was obviously a major polity during this time as well.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Ta-Tjemeh Libya or Ta Mehhu "lower" Egypt.
Unfortunately Williams left out any image of bowl L19

No doubt Ta Mehhu was predominantly populated by
the old Tehenu peoples who, like the TaSeti/Wawat,
were conquered and forced into the empire or
unified Egyptian state, but thi mention of Tjemeh
far precedes and leaves a gap between it and the
mention Weni makes of it locating it in the area
of the up to 2nd cataract Nehesi.

EDIT:
I looked at pl.88-92 of bowl L19 in Williams(1986)
and though I can follow him on TaShemaw I just can't
make out the images in the quote where he sees Ta-Tjemeh.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Maybe I'll start a new thread on African archaeology because this journal has great info and I doubt anybody really checks in on this thread anymore esp. since it's Simple Girls [Smile]

Cultural Origins of the Egyptian Neolithic and Predynastic: An Evaluation of the Evidence
from the Dakhleh Oasis (South Central Egypt)

--Ashten R. Warfe

The African Archaeological Review, Vol. 20, No. 4 (Dec., 2003), pp. 175-202

quote:
It is here that wheat, barley, goats, cat
tle, and pigs were domesticated in some cases several thousands of years before these same species appeared in Lower Egypt (Mellaart, 1975, pp. 48-51). In more recent years, research in the Egyptian Western Desert indicates some of these
species were domesticated here too, probably over a thousand years before they first appear in Lower Egypt
(Gautier, 1987, p. 177; Stemler and Falk, 1980, p. 393; Wendorf and Schild, 1984, pp. 426-428). In addition, it was found that the desert groups possessed a greater number of material traits that compare with the assemblages of Lower Egypt than the Levant and Greater Mesopotamia. As such, the balance of scholarly opinion tends to favor the Western Desert as contributing the most toward the Neolithization of Egypt, at least in terms of cultural influence, whereas southwest Asia is seen more as the source for domesticates (Barich, 1993, p. 182; Canev?, 1992, p. 221; Hassan, 1986, pp. 70-71; Holmes, 1992, pp. 301 315; McDonald, 1991; Wendorf and Schild, 1984, pp. 426-428; Wenke, 1999, pp. 18-19; Wetterstrom, 1993).

1)The major cultural source for the Egyptian predynastic was the desert

2)Near Eastern influence was generally in the form of domesticates (not cattle, as cattle was independently domesticated in Africa)

And on another note, whatever Nile Valley inhabitants adopted from the Near East was into an indigenous foraging strategy.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com