EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » DNAtribes analysis on Tel Amarna mummies (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: DNAtribes analysis on Tel Amarna mummies
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, No Wonder Perahu has caught ghost lately, I guess he has no where to turn to now that his idol Dienekes has changed his mind about the Egyptians. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

Dienekes has caught wind of this, and to his credit he seems to have revised his opinion on the AEs' affinities:

Forensic analysis of King Tut and his relatives

LMAO @ that charlatan! [Big Grin]

He didn't revise his opinion before despite all the other evidence via skeletal and genetic via PN2 and Benin HBS but now he revises based on 8 STR loci. How noble of him. [Embarrassed]
quote:
Evergreen Writes:

Hell will freeze over before he admits:

Pictorial evidence in Greek art, as well as the statements of classical Greek authors strongly suggest that the ancient Greeks occupied an intermediate position in the phenotypic continuum between Northern Europeans and "Ethiopian" people. It is also clear that there was variation within ancient Greece itself: geographic, temporal, and even perhaps social aspects of this variation may have existed. But these qualitative observations are no substitute for the harder type of evidence that can be provided by authentic ancient DNA.

Of course.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?

Anyways. If you plug in the data yourself you will realize this has nada to do with trusting DNATribes.
The data was presented by Hawass himself in the JAMA(2010) study. What is really surprising is the length of time it took the genetic “experts” to put 2 and 2 together.
Taking the genetic data presented in the JAMA study and plugging it into the few online genetic software. . . viola! It gives an approximation of where Tut and his “peeps” are from. It was right in front of us.
While many Euros and the media was getting a hard-on about R1b Tut they probably knew it was all BS.

Put in the 8STR and plug ANY combination of number to the other unknown STRs and you end up with Sub-saharan African. Funny thing is Levantine is so low down on the list.

Next . . .the early Europeans. LOL!

quote:
[QB] :: Goddamn . . While I still have my reservations about DNA Tribes, /QB]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KoKaKoLa:
quote:
Originally posted by astenb:
^ Why are you acting retarded?
Why dont you address the genetic analysis of the ANCIENT mummy remains?

Please..
i doubt about the validity of this study since the phenotype and the ostelogic studies (aswell as HISTORY) are supporting an Upper Egyptian/North Sudan origin of the amarna mummies.
Bejas shares a tight closeness with them.

I dont think that they're is a group of Beja looking bantus in inner Africa...
lets talk about "convergent evolution" then...

But that is RETARDED given the evidence we have at hand. There is similar evidence that tells us Jews in Southern African that LOOK JUST LIKE THEIR BANTU SPEAKING NEIGHBORS carry significant Frequencies of Haplogroup J? There is evidence the tells us some Central Africans (LOOKING JUST LIKE THEIR Central African NEIGHBORS) Carry very high levels of presumable "Eurasian" Male lineages...sometimes encompassing nearly the ENTIRE male line.

It doensnt matter what your feeble mind "thinks" is possible, This is what has be demonstrated by Genetics.

You have people that LOOK LIKE THIS and have "Asian DNA"

-

If this is possible OUTSIDE of Africa then you best believe that someone INSIDE the African continent can have that same phenotype and have any combination of autosomal ancestry that exists nearly anywhere on the continent. And Please, you speak of "ostelogic studies" - Do you actually know what those studies state? LOL YOU, (Like Manu who has long disappeared) need to go back and read all the studies and ever bit of information that has been posted in this thread. Look at what the markers are used for and you can check them YOURSELF even among Sudanese STR markers WHICH INCLUDE 2 Beja groups!

ALso in that study, Why do the 2 Beja groups sit close to Nilotics?
While your at it research how Eastern Sudanic speakers were absorbed by the Beja and Eastern Sudanic (Nilo-Saharan) Loan words into Proto-Egyptian......See you in a month from now.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Huh?

A
Put in the 8STR and plug ANY combination of number to the other unknown STRs and you end up with Sub-saharan African. Funny thing is Levantine is so low down on the list.

quote:

Wowzers, its that strong huh? Can you link me to the site where you input that data. I have seen a few, many are very tedious
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthcentric

Great catch Truth.

I always thought that the Egyptians were more Nilotic then Afrasan and the way they built there houses is just one clue to this FACT.

Then you have them having contact with the Pygmies and claiming they come from an region where Hapi dwells etc and it shows more and more that AE were African in every way and Nilotic too.
Now if the 18th dynasty is Linked to the Great Lakes region, just imagine how much links there is as you go back further.

All the racists must be crying in there sleep with this news.

Also Welcome back Djehuti these forums have been great to read since the trolls were shamed into silence with this new study.

Like I keep saying, slow and steady TRUTH is winning out and coming to light. You can only coverup TRUTH for an little while, before it appears and shatters lies.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

• Hb S can be informative of either African or Indian
    ancestry. Hb S can pinpoint a particular African
    region, either greater SW Nigeria region (Benin
    haplotype), greater Sene-Gambian W.Africa region
    (Senegal haplotype), greater central Africa (Bantu
    haplotype) or the Cameroon locality (Cameroon haplotype).
    See the thread African, or Near Eastern and Southern European connections via HbS.

-
    Adapted from Ragusa et al 1990

Which haplotype did the pre-dynastic mummies have and
    did Tut have sickle cell or did he succumb to malaria?

LMAO!

i thought TUT had the Benin sickle cell which seems to be inexistant in Southern Africa?
[Roll Eyes]

Hb S and miniSTRs are different types of informative
DNA. Modern Egyptians mainly have Benin Hb S and that
fact is extrapolated to ancient Egyptians and hence Tut.

One must know how to read DNAtribes Table 1 MLIs
if one wishes to comment on or apply its information.
It tells us Tut most likely matches Southern Africa
and the African Great Lakes but it does not exclude
Tropical West Africa the 3rd likeliest match.

-

Tut's Tropical West Africa MLI score is 314.
That's higher than both the SA and AGL scores for Amenhotep III.
It exceeds all mummies' Southern Africa scores except Thuya's.
It exceeds all mummies' African Great Lakes scores except Akhenaton's.

popSTR shows actual population frequencies with Tut's miniSTR alleles
* D13S317=12 is of high frequency in TWA
* D2S1338=16,26 of high frequency in TWA
* D18S51=19 is of high frequency in TWA

Tut has 4 TWA high freq alleles including two
allele pairs. Tut having Benin Hb S only agrees
with miniSTR. They both are mutually supportive.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KoKaKoLa reposted the below which needs tweeking.
So I re-present it after striking the question on the
STRs being maternal which they are not since they
are nuclear DNA autosomes (maternal + paternal)
and also rephrasing STR haplotype to STR profile
in keeping with the majority of the literature.

• As when looking into DNAtribes last month it still
    holds their arriving at group assignments is not
    a statistical mystery. Once a good size number
    of global samples exist it's simple interpolation.

Each sample has it's own profile of alleles.
    Certain regions will have a higher number of
    the same or very near the same profilee over
    samples in a limited geography. Unlike not for
    profit peer reviewed scientific reports, DNAtribes
    is not publishing the allele data associated with
    the geographies.

For customer paid reports DNAtribes uses either
    15, 21 or 27 STR autosomes to assign a profile
    which is then checked against so many individual
    populations in their database.

For the Amarna mummy article DNAtribes used
    a stripped down 8 loci profie which in this
    case we know includes D13S317, D7S820, D2S1338,
    D21S11, D16S539, D18S51, CSF1PO, FGA. We know
    the values of these polymorphic microsatellites and
    anybody can compare and match these to a pop db
    (eg., DNAtribes lets on that both D18S51=19 and
    D21S11=34 are African specific markers by frequency).
     -
    a Identified as Tiye
    b Identified as Akhenaten

I am confident of the basic validity of DNAtribes'
    findings on the nDNA STR lineages of the Amarna
    mummies but I do note their Table 1 indices for
    Yuya do not list the Americas populations circled
    on Yuya's regional analysis map Appendix Figure 3.
    Perhaps it is just a glitch.

-
     -
     -

I see no reason to distrust DNAtribes' science behind
    the region matching in their January 1, 2012 article.

I commend DNAtribes for not making a press release
    touting their find the way less reputable companies
    have done even though DNAtribes' analysis is without
    doubt based on the actual raw data (not screen shots)
    of Hawass and the Egyptian laboratories report as in
    JAMA. 2010;303(7):638-647.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ why commend them for doing the right (White) thing when it's to their (White) advantage? They have no problem pushing lies but now that they are closer to the truth they suddenly are silent about it?

Don't want to sound like Mike but its time for the devils to stop trying to colonize our minds with lies and start letting the world be free to hear the whole story.

Even though there's is much more work needed I think a press release would help further our understanding by putting pressure to complete more DNA analysis of the Cushitic peoples of NE Africa.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but I do note their Table 1 indices for

The smaller New World peaks seen on Yuya's MLI map are likely explicable by the presence of African ancestry in some of the populations that reside there:

quote:

Modern diaspora populations with substantial African
ancestry:

African (Spain) (132)
African-American (194)
African-American (258)
African-American (383)
African-American (Alabama, U.S.A.) (124)
African-American (Bahamas) (157)
African-American (California, U.S.A.) (200)
African-American (Canada) (358)
African-American (Connecticut, U.S.A.) (100)
African-American (Florida, U.S.A.) (94)
African-American (Illinois, U.S.A.) (153)
African-American (Indiana, U.S.A.) (190)
African-American (Jamaica) (194)
African-American (Minnesota, U.S.A.) (150)
African-American (New York, U.S.A.) (150)
African-American (South Carolina, U.S.A.) (98)
African-American (Trinidad) (80)
African-American (U.S.A.) (210)
African-American (U.S.A.) (7419)
African-American (Virginia, U.S.A.) (199)
Afro-Brazilian (100)
Afro-Caribbean (Abaco, Bahamas) (111)
Afro-Caribbean (Eleuthera, Bahamas) (112)
Afro-Caribbean (Exuma, Bahamas) (92)
Afro-Caribbean (Grand Bahama, Bahamas) (133)
Afro-Caribbean (Long Island, Bahamas) (87)
Afro-Caribbean (United Kingdom) (190)
Afro-Colombian (123)
Afro-Ecuadorian (104)
Amazonian (Brazil) (100)
Amazonian (Brazil) (100)
Araraquara, Brazil (55)
Bahia, Brazil (150)
Brazil (137,161)
Brazilian (13000)
Brazilian (100)
Brazilian (162)
Brazilian (695)
Brazilian (Santa Catarina, Brazil) (160)
Cape Verde (100)
Cape Verde (107)
Garifuna (Black Carib) (Bajamar, Honduras) (52)
Garifuna (Black Carib) (Corozal, Honduras) (57)
Garifuna (Black Carib) (Iriona, Honduras) (65)
Haiti (111)
Jamaica (119)
Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil (208)
Mixed (South Africa) (97)
Moroccan (Belgium) (205)
New Providence, Bahamas (221)
Northern Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil (494)
Paraiba, Brazil (323)
Parana, Brazil (4076)
Pernambuco, Brazil (546)
Puerto Rican (Springfield, Massachusetts, U.S.A.) (205)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (300)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (234)
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil (104)
Sao Paolo (Brazil) (100)
Sao Paolo (Brazil) (100)
Sergipe, Brazil (752)

http://www.dnatribes.com/pops-africa.html

The biggest Mesoamerican peak seems to be located where Belize is, a nation with a substantial presence of diasporal Africans. The lefthand North American peak (Arizona?) is marked by several symbols on their diasporal population map, I see in it (the vague symbol sandwitched between the two triangles) either a Latin American or African diasporal symbol.

The right hand (North American) peak is positioned where even more diasporal population symbals are jammed, but in that region (Minnesota, South Dakota??) several diasporal African and Latin American symbols can be found as well, with the diasporal African symbol perhaps the closest to where that right hand North American peak is (Note that their ''population with substantial African ancestry'' list includes African Americans from Minnesota):

-

-

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
osirion

Are you saying that if they did more genetic testing on Cushites, we would see greater links to The Great Lakes regions and Southern Africa?

From what I recollect, the Egyptians had Benin Hap G which is non-existant in the Horn.

How would more studies on Cushites help open up the picture.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omo Baba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Armana mummies family tree

-

--------------------
It was high time

Posts: 314 | From: Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
I always thought that the Egyptians were more Nilotic then Afrasan and the way they built there houses is just one clue to this FACT.

Linguistics aside, I too have long perceived a particularly close relationship between the Egyptians and Nilotic peoples. They not only share the same semi-nomadic cattle-herding heritage but the very institution of divine kingship which was so fundamental to Egyptian civilization was of Sudanic origin according to Ehret. Then you have the super-"negroid" limb proportions which are characteristic of Nilotes. The Egyptians may have adopted a language and some cultural traits from Afrasans, but the Nilotic component is probably older.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by Omo Baba:

-

Akhenaten and the Younger Lady are full sibs.
Amenhotep III is their father, Tiye their mother.
Compare and contrast the mother and children.
We must be careful when making statements
about their DNAtribes MLI scores and geographies.

-

This has nothing to do with Omo Baba but some are
making the mistake of imagining the high MLI scores
means the mummy belongs to that geography when
all that's implied is the mummy's profile and/or
alleles are the same as found in certain current
populations located in those geographies.

-

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@B

Here are three. . . .

http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~mueller/strprofilefinder.html

quote:
quote:
What I also getting at is. .

If DNATribes can take published data (JAMA) and come to that conclusion why couldn’t or wouldn’t other genetic testing companies do the same thing.

In fact why can’t the layman? I am coming across a few sites that can process this type of data. I know DNA Tribes says that they have sometype of “proprietary” type software algorithm but that should not be too difficult for other experts in the field to duplicate or simulate.

You can also try PopAffiliator. It only take a minimum of 9 STR loci though but adding a 9th STR data as dummy won't be difficult if you know what you're doing.

http://cracs.fc.up.pt/~nf/popaffiliator2/

also

http://www.stanford.edu/group/rosenberglab/infocalc.html
===

infocalc
infocalc is a small script for calculating statistics that measure the ancestry information content of genetic markers. A description of these statistics can be found in "Informativeness of genetic markers for inference of ancestry" American Journal of Human Genetics 73: 1402-1422 (2003), with extensions in "Algorithms for selecting informative marker panels for population assignment" Journal of Computational Biology 12: 1183-1201 (2005).
The program is a perl script.

[Download script] (you will be directed first to a registration page and we would very much appreciate if you register)

Instructions for using the program are inside the script.

Please send comments or problems with infocalc to Noah Rosenberg.

Software history
December 23, 2006 - creation of website and upload of software version 1.1
June 15, 2004 - beginning of email distribution of software version 1.0

quote:
quote:
Huh?

A

quote:

Wowzers, its that strong huh? Can you link me to the site where you input that data. I have seen a few, many are very tedious

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

-

Akhenaten and the Younger Lady are full sibs.
Amenhotep III is their father, Tiye their mother.
Compare and contrast the mother and children.
We must be careful when making statements
about their DNAtribes MLI scores and geographies.

-

This has nothing to do with Omo Baba but some are
making the mistake of imagining high MLI scores
means the mummy belongs to that geographic when
all that's implied is the mummy's profile and/or
alleles are the same as found in certain current
populations. [/QB]

Correct. Tut is the result of full brother-sister incest. His family represents the last of the 18th dynasty line. I wonder what results pre-Amarna royals will yield.
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:

LOL, No Wonder Perahu has caught ghost lately, I guess he has no where to turn to now that his idol Dienekes has changed his mind about the Egyptians. LOL

What do you mean? What have your heard about Pair'onuts? Just curious. [Big Grin] I couldn't help but notice he is awfully silent and so is Castrated after his 'capoid' debunking. [Smile]
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Speaking of Great Lakes affinities...

I recall Ehret saying in his Civilizations of Africa that early Afrasan people lived in houses with flat roofs and rectangular floor plans whereas early Nilo-Saharan people lived in round-walled houses similar to most people's stereotype of a "sub-Saharan" hut. The remains of early predynastic Egyptian houses have been described as round-walled, which is more similar to the Nilo-Saharan than Afrasan building style; it wasn't until Naqada II when houses with rectangular plans became predominant. This along with the Great Lakes genetic affinity found in the Amarna mummies convinces me that the Egyptians were originally of Nilo-Saharan heritage and that the Afrasan influences came later.

Interesting theory, though I wonder what Ehret's claim that house shape is identified with ethno-linguistic group is based on.

Let's not forget this...

Despite their original designation as “villages”, the occupation middens associated with Badarian cemeteries in Middle Egypt exhibit no such evidence of a permanent constructed environment. The most carefully excavated of these sites, at Hammamiya, was in fact interpreted by Caton-Thompson as a “temporary camping ground” (Brunton and Caton-Thompson 1928: 74). More recently, Butzer (1976: 14) has related the distribution of early neolithic (Badarian) sites along the outskirts of the Nile Valley to pastoral activity, while Midant-Reynes (2000: 160) sees them as “mainly … the result of pastoralism” and a “relatively mobile existence”. Clark (1971: 36) similarly observed of Badarian sites that “the circle of grain pits surrounding a central area of ash and pottery suggests a plan similar to that of the Nilotic, cattle-herding Jie in Uganda, the Songhai south of the Niger bend and other Central African peoples where a central stock pen is surrounded by the grain stores and temporary or permanent dwellings of the inhabitants”. The recent excavations at Maghara 2 support the view that the formation of early neolithic sites in the Nile Valley was generated through the seasonal sojourns of mobile herding groups, rather than the establishment of permanent farming
villages (Wengrow 2001: 95, 99 n. 5).

From Ancient Egypt in Africa by David Wengrow

africurious
Member # 19611

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for africurious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Linguistics aside, I too have long perceived a particularly close relationship between the Egyptians and Nilotic peoples. They not only share the same semi-nomadic cattle-herding heritage but the very institution of divine kingship which was so fundamental to Egyptian civilization was of Sudanic origin according to Ehret. Then you have the super-"negroid" limb proportions which are characteristic of Nilotes. The Egyptians may have adopted a language and some cultural traits from Afrasans, but the Nilotic component is probably older.
Truthcentric, I think Ehret also said that some or all cattle related words in AE lang came from nilotic langs. If you think about it, 1 language had to serve as the national language and that would've been determined either by the language of the politically dominant group at dynastic formation or/and the language(s) spoken by the majority or otherwise major portion of AE inhabitants. A pop can change their language relatively easily compared to genes so I don't know why ppl are so hung up language families. Not saying you specifically do this.
Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ astenB

this site has more software with pop affinity calculation based upon STR..

http://www.cstl.nist.gov/div831/strbase/populationdata.htm

and

http://spsmart.cesga.es/results.php

here is a German version

http://allstr.de/AutosomalDatabase/home.seam

Shyte!!! - now we can take raw data and manipulate it.

Never knew all this info was out there.

Anyhow you swing it. Amarna "peeps" are sub-saharans. Looks like all the people in the know knew Amarna AEians were affliated with Southern Africans except we here at ES.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

quote:

Huh?

A

quote:

:: Goddamn . . While I still have my reservations about DNA Tribes,

I use popSTR. It's different in that you query
by geography or population instead of profile.

Instead of percentages by major populations
you get actual frequencies of population sets.

I hope you don't find it too tedious to match
a profile against its IdentiFiler frequencies.

popSTR is what allowed me to see Tut's whole
8 STR MiniFiler profile is an exactly one to one
Southern Africa match.

The very same query also allowed me to draw
some conclusions about other African regions for
their closeness to Tut's profile by individual allele
frequencies and by allele pair count and frequency.

Eg., GreatLakes/Horn and Northern Africa both have
4 out of 8 of Tut's allele pairs with GLH having
hi freq for D7S820=10 & D16S539=8 while NAF has
hi freq for D21S11=29 & D16S539=13, something
DNAtribes' MLI algorithm didn't take much into
account.

And check this, Tropical West Africa has 4 out of
8 of Tut's allele pairs too, but with 4 hi freqs
D13S317=12 D2S1338=16,26 D18S51=19. So TWA ranks
above GLH and NAF.

PopAffiliator is OK for what it does but you have
to be careful in choosing a 'null' value 9th locus.

I am still looking for an online nSTR profile finder
with a robust population database that works for
MiniFiler.

I guess the best db out there is ALFRED, props to
Omo Baba for that and his other fine contributions.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by africurious:
If you think about it, 1 language had to serve as the national language and that would've been determined either by the language of the politically dominant group at dynastic formation or/and the language(s) spoken by the majority or otherwise major portion of AE inhabitants.

I've entertained the possibility that the Egyptians were originally predominantly Nilotic but were somehow conquered or otherwise politically dominated by a small number of Afrasans circa Naqada II, roughly like how the Anglo-Saxons conquered the Celts in Britain. Unfortunately this scenario sounds disturbingly like Petrie's Dynastic Race hypothesis even if the hypothetical invaders were African rather than Asiatic.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:

quote:

but I do note their Table 1 indices for

The smaller New World peaks seen on Yuya's MLI map are likely explicable by the presence of African ancestry in some of the populations that reside there:
If so, then should not be unique to Yuya.

What African allele does Yuya have
but none of the other mummies have
that his should show in New World blacks
but none of the other mummies show there
except his daughter the Elder Lady (Tiye?)?

Besides, the Symbol Key lists
♦ African Diaspora (Afro-Columian)
▲ Latin American Diaspora (Mexico, New Mexico)
● Native Population (Minnesota, Four Corners, Guatamala)

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If so, then should not be unique to Yuya.

What African allele does Yuya have
but none of the other mummies have
that his should show in New World blacks
but none of the other mummies show there
except his daughter the Elder Lady (Tiye?)?

-

If I'm reading this right, this explanation fits Yuya perfectly, as he does appear to have alleles from his parents or (great)grandparents not seen in members of his offspring listed above. Some (eg, D7S820=6) only resurface in Tut's stillborn, not considered by DNA Tribes, while others are unique to him, from him downwards (eg, D13S317=13, D16S539=10, FGA=25, D18S51=12).

The same can be said about some of Thuya's alleles.

Why do you re-list the symbols?

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omo Baba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Actually Tut's stillborn did not inherit D7S820=6 from Yuya since he never passed it on to his daughter the Elder Lady (KV35EL).
Posts: 314 | From: Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by africurious:
If you think about it, 1 language had to serve as the national language and that would've been determined either by the language of the politically dominant group at dynastic formation or/and the language(s) spoken by the majority or otherwise major portion of AE inhabitants.

I've entertained the possibility that the Egyptians were originally predominantly Nilotic but were somehow conquered or otherwise politically dominated by a small number of Afrasans circa Naqada II, roughly like how the Anglo-Saxons conquered the Celts in Britain. Unfortunately this scenario sounds disturbingly like Petrie's Dynastic Race hypothesis even if the hypothetical invaders were African rather than Asiatic.
Its not that simple. Dont think of it in terms of the conquerors and the conquered. It is the long term presence of Afraisan speaking people probably along the red sea coast/hills his pushing West toward the Nile Valley and the LONGER term occupation of Nilo-Saharan speakers in the Sahara pushing East toward the Nile. The constant advance, retreat and mixture of these two groups. Nilo-Saharan were the first cattle pastoralist and spread this technology to Afriasians while the opposite is true for Ovacaprines (linguistic evidence). An image is not substitute but :
 -

-

All Afraisians are not the same. And all Nilo-Saharans in the Nile valley were not the same. - See Tishkoff for details.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Indeed. This all goes back to ethnogenesis vs. biogenesis. Even today in Sudan, through Ethiopia down to Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania, there are Nilo-Saharan speakers cohabiting with Afrasian speakers. This was also the case in other parts of the Sahara. The speakers themselves and their movements are independent of the languages and their spread. By the way, has anybody ever thought of other languages that may have existed prior to both Nilo-Saharan and Afrasian??
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ Swenet

What’s with the Tukuler guy vs alTakruri. You quote then manually modify the name.
Did I miss something?
They don’t seem to be the same. Different style.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
osirion

Are you saying that if they did more genetic testing on Cushites, we would see greater links to The Great Lakes regions and Southern Africa?

From what I recollect, the Egyptians had Benin Hap G which is non-existant in the Horn.

How would more studies on Cushites help open up the picture.

Peace

Because I no longer believe that the Horn Africans are a good representative of the Cushitic people. Niger/Congo people appear to have just as much of a claim to that title.

Amarna mummies should have shown affinities with Horn Africans. I think only the most fanatical Afrocentrics think otherwise. However, hard evidence is starting to lean in favor of the more radical of our kind such as Clyde.

Right now I would like to see DNA analysis on Olmec remains. Never gave a F about Mande speakers that Clyde is always trying to connect to Egypt but one has to admit we shouldn't ignore him considering the topic of this thread.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Anyone tried plugging the JAMA data into this??

http://www.cstl.nist.gov/div831/strbase/populationdata.htm

Download OmniPop program (~1.7 Mbytes macro-enabled Excel file developed by Brian Burritt)
Population Survey provided by Brian Burritt (San Diego Police Department)

So according to the San Diego Police Dept Tut and his “peeps” will be described, on there most wanted list as, as African American. LOL!!!

Using their profiler software Tut does not even align with South African but West Africa. GTFOH!!!

This is mind blowing. Clyde probably had it right all along!!!

As I said. DNA testing ob ancient population will rock their world!!!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You know what??!! I have a gut feeling that Tut and his male line is Y-DNA Haplogroup A. In that Hassan et al study I believe there was 10% Hg-A in Northern Sudan. If these people came from so far south, most likely they are HG-A.

Now that is a going to be a bitch!!! Hope that don’t cause no beef with us PN2. LOL!!

I still don’t get it. Why it took so long to find this out, the data and all the tools and info was out there since Feb 2010. Is was as simple as taking the publish data (JAMA) and plugging it into one of the many “free” profiler software out there. And bingo!! Tut’s population identity.

What were Kieta and all these top level experts on AEians identity doing all this time??

BTW – I never once believed Tut was R1b. It made absolutely no fugkhing sense. Even when Clyde was trying to explain it away.

What is a shocker is that they align with South Africans first over Great Lakes people. Never believed they were Horner either.

Here is another twist. Now if Tut was R1b then that makes R1b a South African lineage. . .right? LOL!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Another take on this is , will these Genetic testing companies start refunding money back to customers they swindled on testing to see who was related to King Tut. LOL!! They can now spin it as who is related to African King Tut. There is a money getter! They will rake in the cash. LOL!

These companies have no conscience. I saw one selling test kits to see who had Neanderthal genes. Although no humans carry Neanderthal genes according to the latest study released back in late 2011.

Sammy and Neal should now rename this the Ancient Greek and Greecelogy Forum

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
^Actually Tut's stillborn did not inherit D7S820=6 from Yuya since he never passed it on to his daughter the Elder Lady (KV35EL).

Thanks for the correction.

@ Xyyman:

C'mon son, how you gon' say there is no similarity? This is exactly why you accused every newcomer and their momma of being Rasol, after he left; you don't recognize the patterns. Gotta look at the patterns baby! (said in Cole's voice, Gears of War 3)

[Razz] [Big Grin]

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
As far as I know Tut can still be R1b and have these particular autosome markers. R1b could still be of Northern Indian or Central African origin in Tut.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You know what??!! I have a gut feeling that Tut and his male line is Y-DNA Haplogroup A. In that Hassan et al study I believe there was 10% Hg-A in Northern Sudan. If these people came from so far south, most likely they are HG-A.

Now that is a going to be a bitch!!! Hope that don’t cause no beef with us PN2. LOL!!

I still don’t get it. Why it took so long to find this out, the data and all the tools and info was out there since Feb 2010. Is was as simple as taking the publish data (JAMA) and plugging it into one of the many “free” profiler software out there. And bingo!! Tut’s population identity.

What were Kieta and all these top level experts on AEians identity doing all this time??

BTW – I never once believed Tut was R1b. It made absolutely no fugkhing sense. Even when Clyde was trying to explain it away.

What is a shocker is that they align with South Africans first over Great Lakes people. Never believed they were Horner either.

Here is another twist. Now if Tut was R1b then that makes R1b a South African lineage. . .right? LOL!

R1b is a South African lineage.

Around 0.1 of Sub Saharan Africans carry R1b1b2. Wood et al (2009) found that Khoisan (2.2%) and Niger-Congo (0.4%) speakers carried the R-M269 y-chromosome.The Khoisan also carry RM343 (R1b) and M 198 (R1a1) (Naidoo et al., 2010).

Naidoo, T., Schlebusch, C.M., Makka, H.Lalel, P., mahabeer, R., Erasmus Je, Soodyall, H., (2010) Investigative Genetics 1(6)
http://www.investigativegenetics.com/content/1/1/6

Wood,E.T., Stover,D.A., Ehret,C., Destro-Bisol, G.,Spedini,G., McLeod, H., Louie,L., Bamshad,M., Strassmann,B.I., Soodyall,H., Hammer,M.F. (2005)Contrasting patterns of Y-chromosome and mtDNA
variation in Africa:evidence for sex-biased demographic processes. Eur. J of Hum Genet, 13,867-876.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 12 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now Show me pics of BANTUS that look like Afars,Bejas, Oromos and Somalis. Please make me laugh.

This is going to be very predictable: They are going to spam Tutsis.
Posts: 424 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

First, ups for OmniPop. Could you post some screen
shots from it so's to get an idea of its results pages.

Omo Baba could probably confirm via ALFRED if

D7S820=6
CSF1PO=6

hi freqs are among the Aka-Twa (Mini-Africans).

Being shorties, like the Denq "Dancer of God",
the Anu, and Bes -- even historic AE's were a
little short on average -- they may be holding
on to DNA from a founder and from spiritualist
influential AE castes.

I think the A and B Y-SNP haplogroups is right
inline (alligns) with the 2 autosome alleles,
if those alleles are indeed Aka-Twa informative.

I also think the CSF1PO=6 entered the south of
the continent via Khoe or San immigration there.

XYYman -- why YOU didn't do the aDNA before now?
Yeah, right under our noses but it was DNAtribes who brainstormed it.

Happy New Year
-- Tukuler al~Takruri

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Manu:
quote:
Now Show me pics of BANTUS that look like Afars,Bejas, Oromos and Somalis. Please make me laugh.

This is what i exactly thought!
LMAO but they still dont look like northern cushites...

Afar Man
 -

Bantu or west african (Jamacian)
 -

They do look similar

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do not look similar at all. Different hair-texture, different mouth and jaw shape, totally different eyes, one is narrow-shouldered the other broad-shouldered, and also a very different nose.
Posts: 424 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

@ Swenet

Went to DNAtribes and hawkeyed that Yuya map.

Man, guess what? There are little yellow
circles unnoticeable 'till you zoom. This
is really interesting stuff. What say ye?

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They do not look similar at all. Different hair-texture, different mouth and jaw shape, and a very different nose.

There not supposed to look like identical twins you idiot but they still do look the same when i first saw the photo of the afar man it reminded me of mavado
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
All humans are similar, but those two men are not that similar at all.
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
 -
 -

Diddy and fabolous have been mistakin as somali's by even somali people

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by asante:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is what i exactly thought!
LMAO but they still dont look like northern cushites...

Afar Man
 -

Bantu or west african (Jamacian)
 -

They do look similar

i dont think so..
Yes they do i dont get what the big problem is?
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com