EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » DNAtribes analysis on Tel Amarna mummies (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: DNAtribes analysis on Tel Amarna mummies
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KoKaKoLa

quote:
Didnt « Genetics » demonstrate that Tut carried the Y-R HG?
I bet you were all mad, fussing, cussing and denying, right?

No, White folks bullshitting with a screenshot of god knows what TRIED to tell us king Tut was R1b.

quote:
Now Show me pics of BANTUS that look like Afars,Bejas, Oromos and Somalis. Please make me laugh.

You are looking at it DUMBO. It has been slapping you in the face for like 8 pages now.

-
 -

GENETIC RESULTS Tell me THESE people do. That is the MAIN point you cannot grasp! It doesnt matter how a population looks, genetics tells us who the population is closest to. Tut to me looks like a Buck tooth Somalian....HIS DNA is not similar to a buck tooth Somalian.....WHY because MORE than 3000 years ago his DNA was similar to some of the the people that were LEAVING the Nile Valley during the time he lived. Those ancestors are not concentrated in Somalia, but clustered around the Great Lakes area. I dont comment on the Genetic link with South African Bantu because I dont know about that. The Great Lakes sample though is specifically the Karamoja that I have pointed out.

quote:
Nilotics ..or bantus? Make up your mind.. these 2 are differents.. its obvious that Bejas have more in common with Nilotics than they have with Bantus (who are inexistant in North Africa).

Bantu? NO WAY!

I have already pointed out that ancestry closer matching to Great Lakes is more prominent in the mummies than "Southern African" in whatever form it would be. You are so childish you think Ancient Egyptians only have ONE simple line of ancestry. YOu dont even know what you are looking at when its right in front of your face.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People should be cautious with results obtained from low resolution STR analyses.

According to a recent low resolution STR study the Beja are no different from pure-blooded Nilotes, which is obviously not true.

-
http://www.investigativegenetics.com/content/pdf/2041-2223-2-12.pdf

Posts: 424 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
@ Swenet

Went to DNAtribes and hawkeyed that Yuya map.

Man, guess what? There are little yellow
circles unnoticeable 'till you zoom. This
is really interesting stuff. What say ye?

Already seen them. Can't miss them when you zoom in on the New World with the intention to try to correlate those peaks with the triangles, circles and other legend symbols on that other map that displays DNA tribes' native and diasporal samples. I've been looking into those New World peaks on Yuya's map ever since you mentioned them in your writeup on P1 of this thread.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manu:

People should be cautious with results obtained from low resolution STR analyses.

8 MiniFiler STRs not a matter of insufficient resolution.

A greater number of loci will only zero in on an
ethnic group found in a region pointed to by the
lesser number loci. They will indicate no new or
additional major geographies.

Apparently even a 6 STR profile is enough to distinguish
all of the below major ethnic origins per Lowe et al (2001).

* Afro-Caribbeans
* Middle Easterners
* Indian sub-continentals
* Southeast Asians
* Caucasians

• ABSTRACT
    We report the use of DNA profiles from six STR loci for inferring the ethnic origin of a crime stain and discuss how such inference may be used as intelligence information to reduce the expected number of interviews to resolve a case. To enable this work, databases have been created for five British ethnic groups (Caucasians, Afro-Caribbeans, Indian sub-continentals, Southeast Asians and Middle Easterners) that together comprise 99.7% of the UK population.

Alex L Lowe, Andrew Urquhart, Lindsey A Foreman, Ian W Evett

Inferring ethnic origin by means of an STR profile

Forensic Science International; Volume 119, Issue 1 , Pages 17-22, 1 June 2001.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

A 15 STR analysis claims the Beja are like pure Nilotes.

-

But according to Tishkoff (~1500 STRs used), they are NOT Nilotic.

Posts: 424 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KoKaKoLa:
quote:
Originally posted by asante:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Now Show me pics of BANTUS that look like Afars,Bejas, Oromos and Somalis. Please make me laugh.

This is going to be very predictable: They are going to spam Tutsis.
This is what i exactly thought!
LMAO but they still dont look like northern cushites...

Afar Man
 -

Bantu or west african (Jamacian)
 -

They do look similar

i dont think so..
Yes they do i dont get what the big problem is?
Like indicated Manu..they dont look similar.

_Different hairtype
_Different noses
_Different skin (color)
_Different foreheads
_Mavado is subject of a pronounced prognasthism

Different hair type -  -
well so do these afar men

Different noses
Yes the afar mans nose is wider

Different Skin color- Bitch are crazy blind or just plain stupid?

Forhead and prognasthism yes but im not saying they are identical im saying they look similar if you cannot see this im starting to question if your even african at all?

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
^ Can you guys stop with this off-topic nonsense, and actually discuss the genetic results of these mummies instead.
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go here
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007685

This thread is too damn long

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ Can you guys stop with this off-topic nonsense, and actually discuss the genetic results of these mummies instead.

-

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

[Big Grin]

Explain this:

According to a recent low resolution STR study the Beja are no different from pure-blooded Nilotes, which is obviously not true.

-

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
@KoKaKoLa,

There is no point in arguing about these results. They are obviously flawed.

According to some low res STR analyses the Beja are 100% South Sudanese/Nilotic, which is obviously bullshit.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
[/b]Originally posted by alTakruri:[/b]

A 15 STR analysis claims the Beja are like pure Nilotes.

IMG

But according to Tishkoff (~1500 STRs used), they are NOT Nilotic.

OK, I've downloaded your first source.

Also, please, the Tishkoff reference, thanks.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
I'm encountering difficulties downloading your source.

In the meantime, please, what is the author, title,
publisher info and what kind of STRs are used?

Here is a better link of Babiker et al. 2011: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118356/

As for Tishkoff: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/324/5930/1035.abstract

Very conflicting results between these two studies regarding the Beja.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genetic variation and population structure of Sudanese populations
Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omo Baba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From that study:

We report the genotypes of the 15 Identifiler microsatellite markers for 498 individuals from 18 Sudanese populations representing different ethnic and linguistic groups. The combined power of exclusion (PE) was 0.9999981, and the combined match probability was 1 in 7.4 × 1017. The genotype data from the Sudanese populations was combined with previously published genotype data from Egypt, Somalia and the Karamoja population from Uganda. The Somali population was found to be genetically distinct from the other northeast
African populations. Individuals from northern Sudan clustered together with those from Egypt, and individuals from southern Sudan clustered with those from the Karamoja population. The similarity of the Nubian and Egyptian populations suggest that migration, potentially bidirectional, occurred along the Nile river Valley, which is consistent with the historical evidence for long-term interactions between Egypt and Nubia.

And D21S11=34 in Sudan is 0.009.

Posts: 314 | From: Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I'm encountering difficulties downloading your source.

In the meantime, please, what is the author, title,
publisher info and what kind of STRs are used?

Here is a better link of Babiker et al. 2011: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118356/

As for Tishkoff: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/324/5930/1035.abstract

Who told you those are the same Beja? Every sample will come out different just as "Egyptian Arabs" from Southern Egypt will be different from "Egyptian Arabs" in Port Siad.

There is Southern Egyptian STR data that you can find HERE

Go ahead and put in the STR data of the 18th dynasty and tell me if they are closer to them or the other samples available.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
Yeah ive seen it. LMAO! This is a complete non-sense!

Let's be real.

1) Bejas are not nilotics
2) Amarna mummies were not from the Great lakes..Cape town..or even the pits of hell!

Until higher resolution analyses are done on these mummies many members here will continue to believe this crap.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
@KoKaKoLa,

There is no point in arguing about these results. They are obviously flawed.

According to some low res STR analyses the Beja are 100% South Sudanese/Nilotic, which is obviously bullshit.

Yeah ive seen it. LMAO! This is a complete non-sense!

Let's be real.

1) Bejas are not nilotics
2) Amarna mummies were not from the Great lakes..Cape town..or even the pits of hell!

Nobody here has said the Amarna mummies are from the great lakes region. The entire conversation has gone over your puny head.
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by astenb:
Who told you those are the same Beja? Every sample will come out different just as "Egyptian Arabs" from Southern Egypt will be different from "Egyptian Arabs" in Port Siad.

Go ahead and put in the STR data of the 18th dynasty and tell me if they are closer to them or the other samples available.

The Beja are quite homogeneous. Tishkoff et al. did not find any significant difference between two distant Beja groups.

As for the low res STR stuff, I think it's pretty useless for regional analyses.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

The Beja are quite homogeneous. Tishkoff et al. did not find any significant difference between two distant Beja groups.
Listen up Lummox, NOT all Beja are the same just as not all Nubians are the same. I have actually been in the country and seen the difference between the Nubians. Not all Nilo-Saharans are the same....some are autosomally West African...more Horn African or Southern Sudanese.....or even something else.

Secondly You are intellectually LAZY and dont know what is going on. WHY have you NOT compared the Amarana STR data with that of the Southern Egyptians? You dont want to do the work and research....you are looking for someone to spoon feed you the answer you want to hear.

Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
The Beja live in a relatively small area of Sudan, they are obviously not that different from each other. Are you retarded?
HabariTess
Member # 19629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HabariTess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Different hair type -  -
well so do these afar men

EH...Still not nappy...

quote:
Different noses
Yes the afar mans nose is wider

Yeah probably...in your dreams

quote:
Different Skin color- Bitch are crazy blind or just plain stupid?
They dont have the same skin color....
The Afar man skincolor is not so different from the ones of the Dravidians...

quote:
Forhead and prognasthism yes but im not saying they are identical im saying they look similar if you cannot see this im starting to question if your even african at all?
Puh-lease!
Im african and i dont see similarities between the two.

Dude, the first two on the right are nappy. They are the definition of nappy.

Better comparison.
 -

Bantu from Mozambique
 -

Dravidians
 -

Oh yes, the skin color is so different.

Posts: 116 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
The Beja live in a relatively small area of Sudan, they are obviously not that different from each other. Are you retarded?

The "Beja" live in Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea AND Ethiopia.
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:

We are talking about Sudanese and Eritrean Bejas (95% of all Beja) here, who have mostly been tested.

They are extremely homogeneous, but according to shitty low res STR studies they are 100% Nilotic.

I believe the same error is happening to these Amarna mummies.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Fvck your "beliefs" [Roll Eyes]

EVen if they are low res, shouldnt the Results match with Southern Egyptian STRs? Actually maybe they do? [Confused] Why dont you check the data with the Southern Egyptian data?
I cant believe you haven't done that. Why are you sitting here argument when you could be doing the research directly at the source.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Babiker et al. 2011: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118356/

Tishkoff: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/324/5930/1035.abstract

Actually when comparing the same thing
and presented in similar graphics
Bibiker 15 IdentiFiler STRs fig. 6 and
Tishkoff 848 microsatellites fig. S4
both cluster
Beja (Hadendowa, BanuAmir) and
Nilots (Dinka, Shiluk, Nuer, Nyimang)
together.

-
Below is a zoom in on Beja & Nilots shown above
 -

Below see Bibiker's 15 STRs confirming Tishkoff's 848 u-sats on Beja and Nilot Sudanese.

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
^ LOL PNWNED
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
^^Not ''PWNED'' at all.

That first Tishkoff chart is about homogeneity/heterogeneity.

It's NOT a genetic principal component analysis (PCA) (which shows genetic similarities/distance).

On the other hand, Babiker's chart is a genetic principal component analysis.

Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omo Baba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

We are talking about Sudanese and Eritrean Bejas (95% of all Beja) here, who have mostly been tested.

They are extremely homogeneous, but according to shitty low res STR studies they are 100% Nilotic.

Of course Beja are not homogeneous.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/324/5930/1035/F5.large.jpg

Posts: 314 | From: Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Omo Baba:

Are you blind?

The two geographically distant Beja groups were pretty much identical.

Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:

both cluster
Nilotes (Dinka, Shiluk, Nuer, Nyimang)
together.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Figure S4 from Tishkoff is not a PCA chart at all - so it's totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Look at the structure and PCA results of that study.

The Beja do not cluster anywhere near Nilotes, which is highly conflicting with Babiker et al.'s low resolution STR study.

Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Are you blind?

The two geographically distant Beja groups were pretty much identical.

Look at the map. Beja have assorted mixture of other Africans.
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:

So what? That was not even the point.

We were talking about whether different Beja sub-groups were similar (which they are, according to Tishkoff, two geographically distant Beja groups were identical).

Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

So what? That was not even the point.

We were talking about whether different Beja sub-groups were similar (which they are, according to Tishkoff, two geographically distant Beja groups were identical).

I think you're confused.

You were wondering why Beja cluster with Nilo-Saharans weren't you? On the map Kenya NS, Tanzania NS, Kenya AA, Tanzania AA, and Ethiopia AA have nearly identical African population component (Purple) with the Beja if you discount the North African component (Blue).

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manu,

I mostly agree with you. A minor correction to the Tishkoff plot, Het/Homozygousity is on the X-axis only. A high heterozygousity implies low homozygousity and vice versa. This plot is a correlation of the two genetic distance measures of which past group population expansions and bottleneck events may be inferred. Both Beja groups are closest to each other and then next to the Beta Israel Ethiopians. This is obviously not shown in the Tishkoff figure and is not comparable to a PC or MDS plot.

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

This is going to be very predictable: They are going to spam Tutsis.
The problem is Tutsis are still Bantu with no admixture from the Horn. Also they are not the only ones. There several other Bantu groups including a people in the Congo whom European colonizers even considered 'Hamitic'. Either way, what does it matter to you? ALL are African peoples including the ancient Egyptians. I don't know what the hell you're arguing about.
Posts: 26285 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NonProphet:
Manu,

I mostly agree with you. A minor correction to the Tishkoff plot, Het/Homozygousity is on the X-axis only. A high heterozygousity implies low homozygousity and vice versa. This plot is a correlation of the two genetic distance measures of which past group population expansions and bottleneck events may be inferred. Both Beja groups are closest to each other and then next to the Beta Israel Ethiopians. This is obviously not shown in the Tishkoff figure and is not comparable to a PC or MDS plot.

Thanks.

Babiker et al.'s low res STR analyses on the Beja are indeed highly conflicting with those of Tishkoff et al.

Most posters here take the DNAtribes low res STR analyses as gospel for dogmatic/ideological reasons. It's quite obvious that they are too low res for accurate regional analyses.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The irony. You've been protesting the results since they first came out. Your arguments are all ad hoc which is why you didn't present that study in the first place (you were scouring the net for anything that you thought would agree with you and obfuscate things).
quote:
quote:

both cluster
Nilotes (Dinka, Shiluk, Nuer, Nyimang)
together.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Figure S4 from Tishkoff is not a PCA chart at all - so it's totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Look at the structure and PCA results of that study.

The Beja do not cluster anywhere near Nilotes, which is highly conflicting with Babiker et al.'s low resolution STR study.

Surely you are comparing apples to oranges then since DNAtribes did not use a PCA plot so any extrapolation on your part is just pseudo-babble.

About your "low resolution" test:

"The combined power of exclusion (PE) was 0.9999981, and the combined match probability was 1 in 7.4 × 1017."

^As applied to regional affiliation, the results are not in doubt. Please refute the math and try again. Besides, Astenb's point is sound. You have no proof that either Beja sample was representative or that if pooled they'd prove homogenous. This is wild speculation and wishful thinking on your part. Beja-speakers are diverse and live over a wide geographical expanse. Your crap argument falls short for these reasons.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^What DNAtribes can accomplish with the standard base 15 STR profile:

quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
 -

-

-

^"Low resolution" my azz. [Roll Eyes] But I give it up to Manu for trying so hard to defend his ideological beliefs.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
^What DNAtribes can accomplish with the standard base STR profile:

Liar! [Big Grin]

This analysis was performed using high resolution SNP data (using ~30,000 markers).

http://www.dnatribes.com/snp.html

Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
Low resolution STR analyses have shown the Beja to be unmixed Southern Sudanese Nilotes. [1]

While High(er) resolution STR analyses show them to be typical Northern Cushites. [2]

We can conclude from this that low resolution STR studies (i.e. this recent DNAtribes analysis [3] on the amarna mummies) AREN'T RELIABLE).

You people only continue to believe they are highly accurate for dogmatic/ideological reasons.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Low resolution STR analyses have shown the Beja to be unmixed Southern Sudanese Nilotes.

While High(er) resolution STR analyses show them to be typical Northern Cushites.

We can conclude from this that low resolution STR studies (i.e. this recent DNAtribes analysis) AREN'T RELIABLE).

You people only continue to believe they are highly accurate for dogmatic/ideological reasons.

You don't even know what you're talking about. Unlike Tishkoff, the object of the study was not looking for levels of "admixture" or ancestral clusters. The reason Tishkoff and co used so many markers is because they were comparing thousands of individuals from nearly 200 extant populations! Besides, as noted, you've presented nothing to show that those Beja matches are inaccurate even IF Tishkoff found slightly different results from a DIFFERENT (and larger?) sample.

Here we are concerned with seven related mummies and based on their STR profiles and probability rates associated with these analyses there is no doubt their closest "match" is with extant Africans. The pooled samples DNAtribes use are skewed and more microsatellite data is needed to pin point particular population affinities, but the regional matches are without question and you have no statistics to refute it so stop whining.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by NonProphet:
[QB] Manu,

Both of the graphs from Bibiker and Tishkoff are
representative of genetic distance measurements.
The Beta Israel are the truncated BE in the below.

-

Bibiker and Tishkoff made graphs (i.e., a plot of
x and y axis measures) that though from different
methodologies display the same fact that genetic
distances
distinctly cluster Beja and Nilot Sudanese together.

Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
quote:

Both of the graphs from Bibiker and Tishkoff are
representative of genetic distance measurements.
The Beta Israel are the truncated BE in the below.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9868/bejanilotish04.jpg

The Beja do NOT cluster with South Sudanese people on STRUCTURE and PCA analyses.

You do not even understand what you are showing us.

Please carefully read the description below that graph, then we can continue to discuss things (HINT: homozygousity has nothing to do with genetic distance).

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

You need glasses and a working brain. If this was a PC/MDS plot, the Hadandawa/Banuamir Beja diamonds would be next to or overlapping with the Beta Israel closest.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com