EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Egyptology.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Narmer Palette (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Narmer Palette
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethiop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I am new to this forum and no means am I call my self a no it all individual. My question here is about the Narmaer Palatte.

-

My question here is inregards to the 4 prisoners. Theres one figure with a falcon sitting on top his head, certainly look like foreign race. The 2 at the bottom look foreign also. Who are these like seriuosly. My question is genuine. I am not here to make enemies. If this question is in another topic please direct me. I just want to here some of you guys explaination who in the hell are these people. Thank

Posts: 48 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by "foreign race"?

As for what appears to be "fallen figures" on the so-called "Narmer Palette", I've come across allegations that they are supposed to be people from Libya, particularly the "Tehenu" (Thnw). How these observers made the link between these figures, seemingly antagonistic to the Pharaoh of Kmt, and Libya, is open to questioning. I, personally, cannot point to anything specific, that unequivocally suggests that the people in conflict with the Pharaoh are from what is now Libya. However, a number of observations raises doubts about the link specifically tying these fallen figures to the Tehenu.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethiop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply Explorer

I have read the same opinions from others also Asians. Libyans and even Europeans. But the decapitated head certainly does not look Egyptian. His hair style and nose is rather European looking. This has been a mystery to me for some time. I am new to this forum. There seem to be alot of rhetoric here on this forum but that to be expected. Anyways thanks again.

Posts: 48 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy Narmer holds by the head is Menes.

I've covered this in detail in my essay here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007642

read if interested.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:

What do you mean by "foreign race"?

As for what appears to be "fallen figures" on the so-called "Narmer Palette", I've come across allegations that they are supposed to be people from Libya, particularly the "Tehenu" (Thnw). How these observers made the link between these figures, seemingly antagonistic to the Pharaoh of Kmt, and Libya, is open to questioning. I, personally, cannot point to anything specific, that unequivocally suggests that the people in conflict with the Pharaoh are from what is now Libya. However, a number of observations raises doubts about the link specifically tying these fallen figures to the Tehenu.

Some of the people who holds the theory that these early Delta inhabitants were Libyans is ME. I base this on archaeological as well as historic evidence which I will soon present on a thread Takruri created a while back.
Posts: 26249 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
^You can bump up said thread but you can post it here as well. This way the person who opened this topic needs to look no further to find the information you are speaking about, since it would be right here. Just a thought.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ethiop, the enemies that are being smited by Narmer on that palette need not represent actual ememies/events. It is well known that the Egyptians, tended to want to represent things/events as comprised of two balanced pairs, causing them to filter actual history (peaceful Northward expansion) through this worldview (warfare between two kingdoms).

If the archaeological finds are any indication, there likely was no real opposition to the Northern expansion of Naqadan culture.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Thanks for everybody replies. There has been many different explianation on this decapitated head. I have been told by a friend that it is an indo european. This was odd to me but when I zoomed in on this figure and to MY astonishment it does look like a different race to me. Again I do not have alot of knowledge like most people here have. That's why I am here to learn and get ohter people and views on certain topics. Thanks
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ethiop:
[QB] Thanks for everybody replies. There has been many different explianation on this decapitated head. I have been told by a friend that it is an indo european. This was odd to me but when I zoomed in on this figure and to MY astonishment it does look like a different race to me.

many people here at egyptsearch don't believe that there is more than one human race.
Also the Egyptian figure on the left of Narmer as well as Narmer could be a lot of different people

-

Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Its the decapitated head which I am inquring about. His hair and beard appears straight.Its really a bizzare looking individual. As I mentioned earlier it was told to me that it represents and indo european which I find hard to believe but I have to admitt the pic does not lie. Compare it to the pic which you have zoomed in on(wholly haired) Thank you lioness
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This above identified as a "Semite" (perhaps a Hittite) from the tomb of Ramesses III, one of the enemies of the kingdom wiich also includes Nubians and Syro-Palestininians

Notice how the hair is in rows and there is a thicker band around the forehead. This is similar to what you call a decapitated head in the Narmer palette (it emerges form papayus flowers) . This head is the same type as the kneeling figure being grabbed and about to be struck by the king.
However this tile is about 1800 or more years after the Narmer palette.
Nonetheless there is a similarity in the hair. There is a lesser similarity to the Syrian but it could also be a Syrian. These catagories may overlap somewhat

-

Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Its the decapitated head which I am inquring about. His hair and beard appears straight.Its really a bizzare looking individual. As I mentioned earlier it was told to me that it represents and indo european which I find hard to believe but I have to admitt the pic does not lie. Compare it to the pic which you have zoomed in on(wholly haired) Thank you lioness

Of course, you're free to believe what you want, but none of the 'distinguishing features' you mention, are actually distinguishing features. There are Egyptians depicted like that on contemporary proto-dynastic artworks, and wavy/straight hair is not foreign to indigenous contemporary North Africans either.

Of course, the fact that most of the victors on that palette have their hair covered, isn't exactly supportive of your (friends) case either. You cannot say whether the features you mention are indigenous or not, because those exact same features are mostly covered/shaven when it comes to Narmer and his servants. Funny that the features match, more or less, when you look at the features that both parties are displaying. Also, one of the figures sided with Narmer, is showing the exact same fine hair strands.

I'm not discounting that they were non-Africans, just reluctant to explain things in terms of Asiatics, when we should look to indigenous peoples first.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:

Of course, you're free to believe what you want, but none of the 'distinguishing features' you mention, are actually distinguishing features. There are Egyptians depicted like that on contemporary proto-dynastic artworks, and wavy/straight hair is not foreign to indigenous contemporary North Africans either.

Of course, the fact that most of the victors on that palette have their hair covered, isn't exactly supportive of your (friends) case either. You cannot say whether the features you mention are indigenous or not, because those exact same features are mostly covered/shaven when it comes to Narmer and his servants. Funny that the features match, more or less, when you look at the features that both parties are displaying. Also, one of the figures sided with Narmer, is showing the exact same fine hair strands.

I'm not discounting that they were non-Africans, just reluctant to explain things in terms of Asiatics, when we should look to indigenous peoples first.

So true,

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Indeed. When it comes to an unpainted outlined depiction on stone, one can identify the features the figures with any peoples on earth. That does not change the archaeological and anthropological data as to who these people really were and that they were native to the region.
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass:

many people here at egyptsearch don't believe that there is more than one human race.

That's because there is not, lyingass! Unless YOU believe otherwise. [Embarrassed]
quote:
Also the Egyptian figure on the left of Narmer as well as Narmer could be a lot of different people

-

They could be, but we know from all evidence that Narmer and his servant hail from Upper Egypt or at least Egypt in general which is in Africa and not from anywhere else. Unless you want to count them as Indians. LOL
Posts: 26249 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an idea. Instead of making silly postulations on where the figures in the palette are from based on their facial features, how about using the very motif and iconography that the palette shows?? For example, what exactly is the motif or theme depicted in the palette? Is this found in the Levant or Mesopotamia?? What is the iconography of the palette? Where else is such iconography found?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

above Ramesses grabbing a Syrian, Nubian and Libyan

Similarly below, enemies grabbed by Narmer
 -

I have never seen this hairstyle that is divided up in horizontal strips in anything but Asiatics ( whether they be Syrian, Hittite, "Semetics" )

-

they both have single horizonatal lines dividing the hair and then the one thicker double line across the forehead (head band or hat start)

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Hesy-Ra

-

Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
[IMG]http://picturestack.com/143/942/EScPicture2GZk.png[/IMG

This above identified as a "Semite" (perhaps a Hittite) from the tomb of Ramesses III, one of the enemies of the kingdom wiich also includes Nubians and Syro-Palestininians

Notice how the hair is in rows and there is a thicker band around the forehead. This is similar to what you call a decapitated head in the Narmer palette (it emerges form papayus flowers) . This head is the same type as the kneeling figure being grabbed and about to be struck by the king.
However this tile is about 1800 or more years after the Narmer palette.
Nonetheless there is a similarity in the hair. There is a lesser similarity to the Syrian but it could also be a Syrian. These catagories may overlap somewhat

-

Interesting pic lioness. I see your point. Yes they are similar. Never saw it before. He has some very distinct facial features(lips). Thanks
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^ I am not saying anything about facial features just hair
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Proto-dynastic depiction of Africans with vertical rectangles of hair, and other features that match Narmers foes:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/francescoraf/hesyra/egypt/hunter.jpg

Conveniently overlooked African priest?, clad in leopard skin, with fine strands of hair, on the other side of Narmers Palette:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/francescoraf/hesyra/palettes/narmer9hres.jpg

Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Thanks Swenet for your reply and I appreciate your info and I understand what you are saying. It gives me a different perspective on this certain artifact. That's one of the reasons why I am here. Most of the indiviuals that discuss ancient history with are Eurocentric in their thinking and sometimes there views are rather extreme exaggeration. When this figure was presented to me I was completely left flat footed because it really did appear to me like a white individual. Really I never pay to much attention to the Narmar platte especially this particular figure. They cliam it represents and indo european (Libyans) in AE during Narmar time. That why I was alittle lost for words when this decapitated head was brought to my attention by them. These are the original Moors to their accounts. I do not believe this however the figure reall caught me off guard as to who it is.
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
quote:
^^^^ I am not saying anything about facial features just hair

Okay I understand your point about the hair
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Here's an idea. Instead of making silly postulations on where the figures in the palette are from based on their facial features, how about using the very motif and iconography that the palette shows?? For example, what exactly is the motif or theme depicted in the palette? Is this found in the Levant or Mesopotamia?? What is the iconography of the palette? Where else is such iconography found?

Good idea however thats beyond my comprehension. I will need all of guys help in understanding in depth about motifs and iconography. As I said before I am not nearly as well inform like most of you here. Thanks Djehuti
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hesy-Ra

-

More of Hesy-Ra.

-

Oh oh?

-

-

-

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Swenet's picture links don't work., it seems

The Narmer Palette may or may not represent the unification of upper and lower Egypt, scholars debate this.
Regardless this particular element being discussed in this thread shows Narmer grabbing one of his foreign enemies about to strike and a similar head is on a form with papyrus flowers growing out of it and a hook at the nose.
I think the people look Asiatic, others say Libyan.
Obviously we all have seen similar scenes such as the Ramesses I posted above which everyone agrees he is grabbing foreign enemies about to strike them with his mace.
Show me a picture of an Egyptian king attacking a fellow Egyptian to "unify" them?
For some reason people want him to be attacking another Egyptian. Personally I think the palette doesn't represent the unification of Egypt, it represents victory over foreigners as we have seen in many later Egyptian artworks that people don't dispute.
On possibility is that the part I am describing represents the victory over some foreigner and the maybe the two bovine heads at the top represent unification of Upper and Lower Egypt ( although Narmer's Red crown represent's Lower Egypt) as well as the Serpopards. These two Serpopards do not appear in other Egyptian art so it's hard to know what it means.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Proto-dynastic depiction of Africans with vertical rectangles of hair, and other features that match Narmers foes:

Conveniently overlooked African priest?, clad in leopard skin, with fine strands of hair, on the other side of Narmers Palette:

Can you repost those, these links don't work.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:
[qb] Hesy-Ra

-

Troll Patty, this one seems not to be acceptable by itself.
You have to put up other pictures as if explaining something

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

Where is your evidence that that is a Nubian?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Hesy-Ra

-

Troll Patty, this one seems not to be acceptable by itself.
You have to put up other pictures as if explaining something

Piece of racist sh*t, don't alter the conduct. I already know your ongoing agenda.

-

Love to hate this, black woman imposter.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
use the term Kushite if you prefer, military campaigns against the Kushites are recorded in the texts of the various Ramesses kings.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
use the term Kushite if you prefer, military campaigns against the Kushites are recorded in the texts of the various Ramesses kings.

How do you know for sure that is a Kushite?

One of these day imma put my foot up yo' ass. With your multiple screen names.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness
Hesy-Ra

-

^^^ if I post an authentic Egyptian artifact like this you should be able to deal with it rather than post different artworks, even if of the same person or some photos of modern people you like.

You should be able to deal with this piece and be comfortable with it. You aren't so you have to switch to differnt items and it's funny to see you do the two step

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness
Hesy-Ra

-

^^^ if I post an authentic Egyptian artifact like this you should be able to deal with it rather than post different artworks, even if of the same person or some photos of modern people you like.

You should be able to deal with this piece and be comfortable with it. You aren't so you have to switch to differnt items and it's funny to see you do the two step

In order to identify who we are dealing with we gather more info. You obviously dislike this for a perticulair reason. Since it disrupts and debunks your agenda.

Since you are an eyebology expert.

Ps. I post images of people which are coherent with peer reviewed data.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Troll Patty, you have no idea who these people are?

I guess we don't know anything for sure. Do we exist or is it all a dream?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
In order to identify who we are dealing with we gather more info.

what are you talking about I clearly idenified the man as Hesy-Ra

quote:

You obviously dislike this for a perticulair reason. Since it disrupts and debunks your agenda.

tell us what got debunked by you posting extra artwork of Hesy-Ra

quote:

Ps. I post images of people which are coherent with peer reviewed data. [/QB]

The picture I posted was more coherent with peer reviewed data that what you posted.
The picture you posted is a picture of Hesy-Ra which as been cut away from the background of the original artwork

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
In order to identify who we are dealing with we gather more info.

what are you talking about I clearly idenified the man as Hesy-Ra

quote:

You obviously dislike this for a perticulair reason. Since it disrupts and debunks your agenda.

tell us what got debunked by you posting extra artwork of Hesy-Ra

quote:

Ps. I post images of people which are coherent with peer reviewed data.

The picture I posted was more coherent with peer reviewed data that what you posted.
The picture you posted is a picture of Hesy-Ra which as been cut away from the background of the original artwork [/QB]

Piece of rasict sh*t, you post pics purely based on how you like to interpret them. Not in coherence with the peer reviewed actual scientific data.

-

quote:

"..sample populations available from northern Egypt from before the 1st Dynasty (Merimda, Maadi and Wadi Digla) turn out to be significantly different from sample populations from early Palestine and Byblos,"

By contrast an excavated set of around 300 burials from Tell el-Dab'a in the northeast delta belonging to a group considered to be Palestinian immigrants living in the late Middle Kingdom/Second Intermediate Period (1750 BC-1550 BC) have physical characteristics which group them more closely with ancient populations from the Near East and at a greater distance from those from Elephantine...

Barry J. Kemp.

-

See imposter of a black woman!

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

Troll Patty, you have no idea who these people are?

I guess we don't know anything for sure. Do we exist or is it all a dream?

I am not asking about this image, but the image in the Narmer Palette. You know. Stick to the topic for once, will ya'! [Embarrassed]

You see two dark figures and you assume te following. [Big Grin]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I am not asking about this image, but the image in the Narmer Palette. You know. Stick to the topic for once, will ya'! [Embarrassed]

Ethiop was asking, you haven't said anything about the Narmer Palette yet bitch
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Can you repost those, these links don't work.
What do you mean, bro? Those links are meant to be clicked, so yes, the pictures they link to will not show up in this thread. Did you click on them?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Ethiop was asking, you haven't said anything about the Narmer Palette yet bitch
Hmmm piece of sh*t, you did say "the Nubian", correct? [Confused]

Or is every dark skinned African a Nubian now? [Embarrassed]

Besides all that, worse is Ramses his burial is at the South. A place called "Nubia" where his culture and tradition came from. People there, till this day look similair to him. Even modern day science backs this up.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ LOL lyinass bullsh|t debunked...

More lyinass b.s.
quote:

-

Similarly below, enemies grabbed by Narmer

Narmer predates Ramesses by over 1800 years. The whole hair-grabbing of enemies is a pharaonic tradition common of all pharaohs throughout dynastic times and going back to predynastic times even before Narmer! So...
quote:

-

I have never seen this hairstyle that is divided up in horizontal strips in anything but Asiatics ( whether they be Syrian, Hittite, "Semetics" )

-

they both have single horizontal lines dividing the hair and then the one thicker double line across the forehead (head band or hat start)

I don't know what "horizontal" lines you're referring to. If anything the lines are vertical! The Narmer enemy has straighter lines than the later Asiatic whose pattern is more zig-zag. Also, the Asiatic has a hat on that is strikingly similar to a Jewish kippa.

As for the lines in the hair vertical or otherwise.

[Egyptian] Princess Sitamun
 -

[Nubian-Egyptian] Queen Kawit
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
The Queen Kawit image above is a good find where you see similar rows but I ask you Djehutie, in your personal opinion is the kneeling figure grabbed by Narmer probably Egyptian or a foreigner? The bands of hair are in horizontal rows, the lines within each row are vertical
I don't see why people are trying to argue it's an Egyptian, the king is smiting his enemies just as in later artworks not "unifying", what's the problem?

*also note that the kneeling figure in the Narmer palette has one thicker band represented by two horizontal lines but Queen Kawit does not have this. That is probably the head band of a Syrian which is typical. Either that or when you see this thicker line it's part of a kippah type hat. Regardless these are varients of Asiatics.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
As the knowledgable people know, Egyptians were smited all the time by Pharaoh's.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
As the knowledgable people know, Egyptians were smited all the time by Pharaoh's.

Yes, this is why you will find a temple by Ramses dedicated to this.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

show a picture,

this grabbing the head thing with a mace in the other hand is a prototype of victory over foreigners.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks thes peopkle in the Narmer palette are foreigners,

Maybe you guys want to say these were all Egyptians also? >

-

you see this? Just to go against the lioness people take the wrong position

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks Swenet for your reply and I appreciate your info and I understand what you are saying. It gives me a different perspective on this certain artifact. That's one of the reasons why I am here. Most of the indiviuals that discuss ancient history with are Eurocentric in their thinking and sometimes there views are rather extreme exaggeration. When this figure was presented to me I was completely left flat footed because it really did appear to me like a white individual. Really I never pay to much attention to the Narmar platte especially this particular figure. They cliam it represents and indo european (Libyans) in AE during Narmar time. That why I was alittle lost for words when this decapitated head was brought to my attention by them. These are the original Moors to their accounts. I do not believe this however the figure reall caught me off guard as to who it is.
We will probably never be able to say with full confidence what the ethnicity of that figure was (conceived to be). All we can do is make educated guesses, and as long as no evidence is brought forward that they were (conceived to be) anything other than Africans, the default assumption should be that they WERE (conceived to be) Africans, since that is the most likely explanation.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The Narmer Palette may or may not represent the unification of upper and lower Egypt, scholars debate this.
Regardless this particular element being discussed in this thread shows Narmer grabbing one of his foreign enemies about to strike and a similar head is on a form with papyrus flowers growing out of it and a hook at the nose.

This shows how ignorant you are of the symbolism. The head growing out of the papyrus is symbolic of the DELTA i.e. Lower Egypt. The so-called hook up the nose is to ensnare the breath of life from his nostrils by the hawk god Montu (a predecessor of Heru) of Upper Egypt.

Whether there was an actual battle for Lower Egypt and whether the palette is an accurate portrayal of such a battle OR that the palette is purely symbolic is what in speculation. But there is no doubt the Palette describes conflict between a victorious Upper Egypt and a defeated Lower Egypt.
quote:
I think the people look Asiatic, others say Libyan...
Who cares what YOU think?! You obviously think a lot of things! All of which is debunked b.s.

quote:
Obviously we all have seen similar scenes such as the Ramesses I posted above which everyone agrees he is grabbing foreign enemies about to strike them with his mace.
Show me a picture of an Egyptian king attacking a fellow Egyptian to "unify" them?
For some reason people want him to be attacking another Egyptian.

Dumb twit. Did you forget that before Narmer's take-over regardless whether peaceful or by war, there was NO 'Egypt' or more accurately Kmt. The region was divided into TWO lands! Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt which was the Delta.

We've discussed in past threads (before your lyinass appeared to spread your sh*t) that Egypt has always had domestic i.e. NATIVE enemies and not just foreign. During the Middle Kingdom and even certain periods of the New Kingdom the traditional 7 bows or enemies of Egypt sometimes included sepati (nomes) IN Egypt itself!
quote:
Personally I think the palette doesn't represent the unification of Egypt, it represents victory over foreigners as we have seen in many later Egyptian artworks that people don't dispute.
And you base this on what again? I mean other than your b.s. notions of facial features and hair which has been debunked.

quote:
On possibility is that the part I am describing represents the victory over some foreigner and the maybe the two bovine heads at the top represent unification of Upper and Lower Egypt ( although Narmer's Red crown represent's Lower Egypt) as well as the Serpopards. These two Serpopards do not appear in other Egyptian art so it's hard to know what it means.
Again, that you don't know the symbolism speaks to your ignorance. The two bovine heads are AFRICAN water buffaloes symbolic of the goddess Bat. Bat is entirely Upper Egyptian in origin and the reason why there are two of them is because Bat was a double goddess or said to have "two faces". The actual symbol of Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt uniting would be the entwined necks of the serpopards themselves on the reverse side as well as Narmer wearing the deshret (red crown) of the conquered Delta on the same side as the serporards!!

Lyinass b.s. productions cleaned up! [Embarrassed]

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

It would be interesting to see this, as I haven't heard about it, but it would certainly not be an anomaly. There are many depictions of Egyptian rebels and warlords getting the boot from their king.

What happens when you click on those links I posted?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It would be interesting to see this, as I haven't heard about it, but it would certainly not be an anomaly. There are many depictions of Egyptian rebels and warlords getting the boot from their king.

What happens when you click on those links I posted?

Well some times you do see images on the net taken be foreigners. But its forbidden to take pics in that temple. Like it is in many temples.

I will email you about it. [Cool]

When I clicked the link it redirected me to the root source of the webpage.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Indeed. I have yet to see a smiting scene of a native Egyptian unless I have already seen one among the group smites and not know it. But again, this goes back to your original post Swenet of native Egyptians in real life being smitten all the time! As I just said, there were domestic enemies of the pharaohs in their own land which had to be dealt with and the 7 bows sometimes included Egyptian nomes.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com