EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Kingdom of Numidia (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kingdom of Numidia
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
piece of shyt, Buddha wasn't depicted in human form until hudreds of year after his death.

The coins on the other hand were money, portraits of the Numidan kings made when they were alive.

you = failure

So they depicted him as a Greek because they didn't know how he looked? WAHAHAHLOL More ranting, heated, useless spam that doesn't even begin to address the central point: "Greek and Roman portrait statues and coins found in Sabaean, Arab and North African culture represent Romans not - not Africans or African Asiatics" - Dana

It's a pretty straight forward statement.

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
[QB] Fist thump double tap!!

Quote:
How preposterous that these unmelaninated and barely melaninated creatures would claim "MODERN" provenance in the home of the Black man.

How ironic.

go to google images and look up Tunisian people
also do "Tunisian berber"

then plug that into your earlier remarks about Tunisians being Negroes

(remarks based on the average Tunisian data) and you will begin to get a sense of after looking at many pages of pictures from Tunisia

The term "berber" is not a term Maghebians call themselves.
So "real berber" is meaningless.
All it means is somebody who speaks berber language or is part of berber culture and lives in North Africa. Lighter skinned people have lived in the region for hundreds of years. They are nomads of mixed ethnicity and Africasn don't have this AA concept that some berbers are "fake"

You can call them fake Africans if you like but they fit into the definition of "berber". It's a culture. The largest group of berbers is the Kabyle. They are different from the Tuareg berber. But like the Turaeg are also mixed with arabs in varying degrees. Only some for example are as dark as Malians.

if somebody from Angola put on beber garb and had their picture taken people some AAs would be call them "real berber"
not knowing what they were talking about

Posts: 43022 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
: "Greek and Roman portrait statues and coins found in Sabaean, Arab and North African culture represent Romans not - not Africans or African Asiatics" - Dana

It's a pretty straight forward statement. [/QB]

it was made by dana and it is disputed by Djeuitie, jari and probably alTakruri to an extent. They know a lot more about NA than you do you are nothing more than a parrot.
They argue these statues and coins portray a wavy straight haired type indigenous African. jari for examples argues that the statue of Juba II has African features.
His lips I would agree are somewhat full
and you are somewhat full
of we all know what

Posts: 43022 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Fist thump double tap!!

Quote:
How preposterous that these unmelaninated and barely melaninated creatures would claim "MODERN" provenance in the home of the Black man.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

This is of course what a Berber "REALLY" looks like!

-

Ha,ha,ha, poor sick and delusional Albinos. How preposterous that these unmelaninated and barely melaninated creatures would claim "MODERN" provenance in the home of the Black man. (Their ancient provenance is of course in Africa - as Albinos).

Believe it or not the Lioness agrees with you on this because he said "indigenous Africans and that means black people" - Lioness

Those white Berbers he keeps spamming would be imposters.

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
: "Greek and Roman portrait statues and coins found in Sabaean, Arab and North African culture represent Romans not - not Africans or African Asiatics" - Dana

It's a pretty straight forward statement.

it was made by dana and it is disputed by Djeuitie, jari and probably alTakruri to an extent. They know a lot more about NA than you do you are nothing more than a parrot.
They argue these statues and coins portray a wavy straight haired type indigenous African. jari for examples argues that the statue of Juba II has African features.
His lips I would agree are somewhat full
and you are somewhat full
of we all know what [/QB]

I thought you didn't need to hide behind others? LOL!

I could see that in relation to this:

-

-

^ but where did they say this is an indigenous African? Please don't spam the whole fuking thread. Be specific and pin point where exactly.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^ Hypocrite/Idiot, my remark was about Juba II, neither of these is him.

quote:

True rep. of Romans at the time.

-

True rep. of Berbers at the time

-

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
^ Dana's comment was in response to that coin. Getting into a heated rage won't help you. You are living up to your name liar.

Please remember you have yet to back up your shyt about ancient Rome not being a mixed civlisation because whites weren't as hyper-sexual as blacks were.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
you could read 20 angusihedtroll's posts and you learn zero. They have no value. He has no info on any topic. Now he's riding dana

stop being a parrot, do you know a damn thing about these coins?

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Thought so. lol
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"Greek and Roman portrait statues and coins found in Sabaean, Arab and North African culture represent Romans not - not Africans or African Asiatics" - Dana

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005033;p=10

Actually this is not entirely true. During the Roman Empire many people were Romanized if not in language then in other aspects of culture. It is a FACT that many elite for example adopted the hairstyles of the Romans. I tried explaining to the lyinass that Northwest Africans like the Numidians already had wavy hair. It wouldn't be hard to have such hair styled and tressed to be similar to Romans.

-
 - [URL=http://www.ephotobay.com/share/picture-23-13.html]  -

Yet despite his Roman style hair, Takruri has already pointed out Juba displays certain features that are un-Roman, namely his wide nostrils and fuller lips.

Juba looked more like this Tuareg boy than an actual Roman.

-

And yes some hair gel and touching up on the Tuareg boy and his hair would look Roman as well.

Posts: 26383 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I thought you didn't need to hide behind others? LOL!

I could see that in relation to this:

-

-

^ but where did they say this is an indigenous African? Please don't spam the whole fuking thread. Be specific and pin point where exactly.

Who said they weren't indigenous Africans? Because they have narrow pointy noses?

-

-

Posts: 26383 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass,:

^^^ so as an argument in his rudimenatry google search he uses modern illustrations from a war model site as opposed to ancient artifacts such as coins (minted in Uttica Tunisa), and ancient sculpture of Numidian kings

Yet ancient coins and sculptures do not give any indication on color. So begs the question why did these modern illustrators and model makers portray Numidians as black??

Hmm.. It may have something to do with what eyewitness accounts from Romans stated:

Livy: "They [the Numidians] are a black race, wear shorts and a sleeveless tunic, riding a strong fast north pony, without halter, only a short bridle, or by screaming roar."

End of story.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^ as if "black" is a race
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
where's damn dana?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:

^^^ so as an argument in his rudimenatry google search he uses modern illustrations from a war model site as opposed to ancient artifacts such as coins (minted in Uttica Tunisa), and ancient sculpture of Numidian kings

Yet ancient coins and sculptures do not give any indication on color. So begs the question why did these modern illustrators and model makers portray Numidians as black??

Hmm.. It may have something to do with what eyewitness accounts from Romans stated:

Livy: "They [the Numidians] are a black race, wear shorts and a sleeveless tunic, riding a strong fast north pony, without halter, only a short bridle, or by screaming roar."

End of story.

The Albinos don't usually leave statements like that in translations for the public.

And I have never personally seen that quote in the translations of "ab urbe condita libri" that I have seen, so I would ask you to revisit your source.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1809.2009.00526.x/full

-
frizzy kid in shadow

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

The Numidians mounted their horses and began to ride towards the enemy's outposts without showing any aggressiveness. Nothing could at first sight look more contemptible than the appearance they presented; horses and men were alike thin and diminutive; the riders were without body armour and, except for the javelins they carried, unarmed; the horses had no bridles and their pacing was most ungainly, trotting as they did with head and neck stuck straight out. The contempt which they aroused they did their best to increase; they fell from their horses and presented a ridiculous spectacle. Consequently the men at the outposts who had at first been on the alert, prepared to meet an attack, now laid their arms aside and sat down to watch the show. The Numidians rode forward and then galloped back, but always got a little nearer to the mouth of the pass, as though they were carried forward by their horses which they were incapable of managing.

-Livy's History of Rome: Book 35

http://worksofchivalry.com/en/tag/numidian-cavalry/

Between the auxiliary troops, the consul had about eight hundred Numidian horsemen. [...] The Numidians jumped on the backs of their horses and began to ride in the face of enemy positions without attacking anyone. Nothing was more insignificant of their first appearance: men and horses were few and little ones, the riders had no belt and weapons, except for the fact that they brought with them a javelin, the horses were without bit and even their gait was bad, seen that they cantered with a stiff neck and head forward. Increasing on purpose such contempt, the Numidians fell from their horses and offered themselves to the sight of the enemy amidst mocking jokes» (Ab urbe condita, XXXV, 11, 8)

A full text here:

http://www.archive.org/stream/livywithenglisht08livyuoft/livywithenglisht08livyuoft_djvu.txt

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Okay? LOL I see you didn't bother quoting the part about their physical appearance! [Big Grin]
quote:

as if "black" is a race

Livy and no one else here ever said 'black' was a race. Livy stated that the Numidians are a black skinned race, with 'race' having the original meaning of simply a group of people or ethnicity and NOT the modern pseudo-biological term.

quote:
where's damn dana?
Why? You want her to destroy your lyinass too? LOL Be my guest.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

quote:
quote:

End of story.

The Albinos don't usually leave statements like that in translations for the public.

And I have never personally seen that quote in the translations of "ab urbe condita libri" that I have seen, so I would ask you to revisit your source.

The description comes from his 'History'. However many Euros tend to translate the description as "dark-skinned". Typical Euronut obfuscation. I forgot what the original Latin word was, but I am certain they did not mean 'tanned'. LOL

Are you aware that Livy also describes the Numidians like other Africans as "hot-blooded" and sexually passionate and even describe their sexuality as a weakness?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass fool,:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1809.2009.00526.x/full

-
frizzy kid in shadow

LOL The same idiotic excuse. As if his dark (black) skin is due to shading and he were actually fair-skinned. Also his wavy hair seems no more frizzy than Juba's whose hair is styled. Your lies have become quite pathetic.

quote:
 -
LOL Another desperate and pathetic attempt at obfuscation. Instead of comparing the frontal view of the statue with the Tuareg boy, you show a profile view of the long nose bridge. I once posted a picture of another Tuareg boy even darker but with a similar long nose. Fortunately for you, that thread was deleted. [Wink]
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] ^ Okay? LOL I see you didn't bother quoting the part about their physical appearance! [Big Grin]

http://www.archive.org/stream/livywithenglisht08livyuoft/livywithenglisht08livyuoft_djvu.txt

^^^ many Livy comments on Numidians, none "black race"

Mike and I couldn't find the "black race" Livy quote you claim except for this "China wikipedia" site which doesn't look like a real wikipedia site, no page # etc for source

http://www.wiki86.com/view/1832183.htm

there are quite a bit of Livry postings on the web but my assistant Mike and I can't find this thing elsewhere

"black race, wear shorts and a sleeveless tunic, riding a strong fast north pony, without halter, only a short bridle, or by screaming roar."

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Trust me, it's out there. Ask Dana. The Roman descriptions of Numidians are quite clear-- they were very dark or 'black'. And your unpainted statuary and coins cannot refute that.

quote:
quote:
"Why not post the Berbers and Vandals knew in Kabylia, and whose language they adopted."

what do you mean?

You and your stupid fuking Roman coins. lol
LOL That's because the coins don't show the actual color of the people, only their features. She posts a coin showing a man with an aquiline nose as proof that the Numidians were not black.

-

-

-

Ancient images with color:

-

Modern day North Africans with such features

-

-

Again, this dumb ignoramus denies the FACT that there are black North Africans with such type noses.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com