EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » More White men with Black Women on TV. My Imagination? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: More White men with Black Women on TV. My Imagination?
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need more black couples in movies. And I mean epic blockbuster movies on the lines of Titanic, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Deleted Account     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got to laugh at the clowns at Anthroscape (same names, career trolls who have learnt nothing about physical anthropology for 10+ years like "Crimson Guard", they are completely retarded):

The Natufians
http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/2514553/1/

To explain those "Negroid" traits in Natufians, they had to come up with this:

"Perhaps a few Homo-Erectus' survived well into the Neolithic " - Crimson Guard

" It is also possible that Neanderthaloids survived and intermingled to some extent-- " - rimson Guard

"Aveleor prognathism is not a negroid trait either. its a dental problem." - Crimson Guard

Posts: 504 | From: No longer here | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
We need more black couples in movies. And I mean epic blockbuster movies on the lines of Titanic, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings.

You do understand that what makes a blockbuster movie, is simply the number of people who pay to see it.

Do you think that the Civil Rights struggle was about forcing Hollywood to make blockbuster, or any other kind of movies for Blacks?

It was not: it was about Blacks having the right to make whatever kind of movie that pleased them.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deleted Account     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
>>> what is being identified, both broad and narrow features?
Then the comparsion might as well include anybody

Because regional 'phenotypic complexes' (as craniometric means) in Africa had not then appeared.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009707

"In fact, almost all Africa Late
Pleistocene hominins are easily distinguished from living Africans (Anderson, 1968; Brothwell and Shaw, 1971; Gramly and Rightmire, 1973; Twiesselmann, 1991; Muteti et al., 2010; Angel et al., 1980; de Villiers and Fatti, 1982; Angel and Olsen Kelly, 1986; Habgood, 1989; Howells, 1989; Boaz et al., 1990; Allsworth-Jones et al., 2010), and it is not until the Holocene that this situation changes (Rightmire, 1975, 1978b, 1984b; de Villiers and Fatti, 1982; Bräuer, 1984b; Habgood, 1989)." (Pearson, 2013)

The "broad" vs. "elongated" regional structure appeared very recently, late Holocene or within the last 5,000-4,000 years. Asselar Man isn't "Negroid".

"Asselar man is not very like the modern West African Negro, however, and the fully differentiated Negro may have arisen more recently." - Races of Man, Sonia Mary Cole, 1965, p. 47 Trustees of the British Museum (Natural History)

Posts: 504 | From: No longer here | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deleted Account     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically Coon and early anthropologists knew all this, they just didn't offer the right explanation for it. Coon had a very poor understanding of population genetics. But his observations were correct.
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
quote:
^The Macedonian (Nea Nikomedea[?]) and Anatolian
(Catal Hoyuk[?]) first farmers can be said to
look morphometrically broadly similar to Cushitic
speaking Horner populations, while the segment
of the Natufians populations Angel was talking
about (i.e. the segment that had noticeably
more African attributes than preceding Levantines),
also have relationships to Cushitic speakers,
albeit more distant.

Nea Nikomedea nasal index are incredibly high.

Based on 4 skulls, they were on 59.4, matching Nubian (hyper-platyrrhine).

"The Neo Nikomedeia from Greece and Nubia 117 from southern Egypt manifest very similar nasal [index] dimensions (59. 4 and 59.7, respectively)." (Arensburg & Hershkovitz, 1989)

However since the 1990s 7 more skulls were found from the same site. Their average nasal index is somewhat lower: 53.2 (n = 11). However this is still high for a Neolithic European sample, and platyrrhine. To contrast: Neolithic British are 45.4; Neolithic French: 45.7; Neolithic Spain: 47.0; Neolithic Denmark: 49.2).

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. That is where you got the idea if admixed Pygmies and East Africans? From Coon?

QUOTE]Originally posted by Dead:
Basically Coon and early anthropologists knew all this, they just didn't offer the right explanation for it. Coon had a very poor understanding of population genetics. But his observations were correct. [/QUOTE]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dead:
quote:
^The Macedonian (Nea Nikomedea[?]) and Anatolian
(Catal Hoyuk[?]) first farmers can be said to
look morphometrically broadly similar to Cushitic
speaking Horner populations, while the segment
of the Natufians populations Angel was talking
about (i.e. the segment that had noticeably
more African attributes than preceding Levantines),
also have relationships to Cushitic speakers,
albeit more distant.

Nea Nikomedea nasal index are incredibly high.

Based on 4 skulls, they were on 59.4, matching Nubian (hyper-platyrrhine).

"The Neo Nikomedeia from Greece and Nubia 117 from southern Egypt manifest very similar nasal [index] dimensions (59. 4 and 59.7, respectively)." (Arensburg & Hershkovitz, 1989)

However since the 1990s 7 more skulls were found from the same site. Their average nasal index is somewhat lower: 53.2 (n = 11). However this is still high for a Neolithic European sample, and platyrrhine. To contrast: Neolithic British are 45.4; Neolithic French: 45.7; Neolithic Spain: 47.0; Neolithic Denmark: 49.2).

Thanks for filling in the blanks, Dead. So, possibly,
the Nea Nikomedea sample (n=7) in Brace et al
2005, which plots close to the Naqada and Somali
samples, is made up of the 7 individuals you
mention that were excavated later.

For those who have been following the 'Basal
Eurasian' phenomenon (Xyyman, this is for you),
who want to get an idea of where a ~44% "basal
Eurasian" population plots cranio-facially in a
spectrum between Africans and Europeans, the
German sample to which the 'basal Eurasian'
carrying Stuttgart individual belongs, was
actually sampled by Brace et al in that 2005
paper. It's Brace et al's Mulhausen LBK sample
of which Brace says that it's different from
the other, more native, German Tauberbischofsheim
sample. See here.

-

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
Brace's Portugese Mesolithic I think is Muge, which dates 7500 BP.

Of 9 Muge skulls (Vallois, 1930) all of them are very dolichocephalic:

3 x Male: range 69.1 - 73.4 (mean : 71.8)
6 x Female: range 70.7 - 73.6 (mean: 72.5)

8 of the skulls have a mean nasal index of 51.1 (range 47.9 - 56.1) so they're platyrrhine too. None are leptorrhine.

Ataide (1940) later found a single brachycephalic skull from Muge. However it is most likely pathological. There was a big debate between Ataide and Vallois regarding this single round-headed skull. Pointless but the old anthropologists were fixated with cephalic index.

Anyway, the Muge crania are long-headed, with wide pyriform aperture and alveolar prognathism (although Vallois cautioned it was only minor or 'mesognathy').

"Mondes-Correa (1923), after an examination of the Muge remains noted that negroid characteristics are common to all of the dolichocophalic skulls. Those he termed (1923:570 573) a special group, Homo Afer Taganus. This group, he declared, belonged to a family of primitive equatorial races, the so-called "bloc equatorial," which was characterized by microseme orbits, prognathisn, meso-platyrrhine nasal form, and especially by extreme dolichocephalic head form." (Squier, 1955)

"Coon (1939) concluded that the Muge remains are most similar to the late Natufian population of Palestine." (Squier, 1955)

Coon though downplayed the "Negroid" traits in these skulls. The average Anthroscaper will also just claim these skulls are Caucasoid Mediterraneans.

Edit: Here's a PDF of Squier's paper. click

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T! for the link. To you both
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Dead. The dilemma with dolichocephaly in Mesolithic
Europeans has been the same as with tropical
limb proportions and platyrrhiny some of them
may have. It's hard to decide whether dolichocrania
or relatively longer lower limbs in Mesolithic
Europe, the Epipalaeolithic Maghreb, the Levant,
etc. signify recent African ancestry or retentions
from UP West Eurasians.

So that's why some of these academics were able
to go back and forth so long over the ethnic
identity of the Muge sample; the data was ambiguous
and arguments could be made for both scenarios.
Thanks to multivariate analysis, there is much
more support for their suggested (partly) North
African origins. If the Muge sample were wholly
biologically Mesolithic European, we would expect
it to plot close(r) to the Franchti sample in
Brace et al 2005.

In Holliday's work Mesolithic Europeans with
superficial limb ratio affinity with Africans
are also easily discriminated from Africans.
Gough's Cave with elevated limb ratios but cold-
adapted overall physique is a good example. It
would be interesting to subject the Muge sample
to non-metric dental analysis to see if they
conform to Irish' North African dental pattern.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
quote:

You do understand that what makes a blockbuster movie, is simply the number of people who pay to see it.

Do you think that the Civil Rights struggle was about forcing Hollywood to make blockbuster, or any other kind of movies for Blacks?

It was not: it was about Blacks having the right to make whatever kind of movie that pleased them.

Yes, of course. I know. I think blacks are into those type of movies. We need to start making them.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, of course. I know. I think blacks are into those type of movies. We need to start making them.

Not likely, the Negro of today makes Music and Movies for a White audience, because that is where the most money is. Thus today's Black art is actually groveling Negro Art, begging for acceptance from White audience.

I don't know how old you are, but Black art was originally created to entertain Black audiences. Thus it was not only authentic, but it was fantastic. So much so, that the entire world has tried to copy it.

Today's news is that Marvin's children's lawsuit against Pharrell and Robin Thicke for their Blurred lines ripoff of "Got to give it up" was successful. They will get 7.3 million.

Btw - Negro music is so bad now that I don't bother to listen to any of it. But I did go to amazon to listen to a clip of the song of the year 'Stay With Me' Ha,ha,ha,ha: the Albinos have got to be kidding!

Then today I went back to listen to a clip of the song "Blurred lines": damn, I thought Pharrell was suppose to be talented, he just copied Marvin's music, didn't even try to hide it.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
May be I am still not asking it the right way.

Natufians(`8000BC) cluster with MODERN Niger-Congo. That is a given.

I am asking West African skull from about >4000BC cluster with which modern population WITHIN Africa? San, Pygmies or other?

I am trying to determine when the modern Niger Congo skull appeared IN West Africa. We know they inhabited Eastern Africa and even maybe the Sahara region.

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol # Ish Gebor:
quote:
I am asking who the ancient West African(Not the Sahara region) skulls cluster with? I am NOT disputing “Africans being indigenous to Africa” in Eastern Africa.

"West African" crania clusters with ancient Natufians.

But there is likely not just one particular type of crania.

In Hot Pursuit of Language in Prehistory: Essays in the Four Fields of Anthropology : in Honor of Harold Crane Fleming

--John Benjamins Publishing, 2008

quote:
Recent studies comparing craniometric and neutral genetic affinity matrices have concluded that, on average, human cranial variation fits a model of neutral expectation. While human craniometric and genetic data fit a model of isolation by geographic distance, it is not yet clear whether this is due to geographically mediated gene flow or human dispersal events. Recently, human genetic data have been shown to fit an iterative founder effect model of dispersal with an African origin, in line with the out-of-Africa replacement model for modern human origins, and Manica et al. (Nature 448 (2007) 346–349) have demonstrated that human craniometric data also fit this model. However, in contrast with the neutral model of cranial evolution suggested by previous studies, Manica et al. (2007) made the a priori assumption that cranial form has been subject to climatically driven natural selection and therefore correct for climate prior to conducting their analyses. Here we employ a modified theoretical and methodological approach to test whether human cranial variability fits the iterative founder effect model. In contrast with Manica et al. (2007) we employ size-adjusted craniometric variables, since climatic factors such as temperature have been shown to correlate with aspects of cranial size. Despite these differences, we obtain similar results to those of Manica et al. (2007), with up to 26% of global within-population craniometric variation being explained by geographic distance from sub-Saharan Africa. Comparative analyses using non-African origins do not yield significant results. The implications of these results are discussed in the light of the modern human origins debate. Am J Phys Anthropol, 2008. © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
--Noreen von Cramon-Taubadel1 andStephen J. Lycett2,*

American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Volume 136, Issue 1, pages 108–113, May 2008

DOI: 10.1002/ajpa.20775

Brief Communication: Human cranial variation fits iterative founder effect model with African origin

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.20775/abstract

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Consigned, it simply shows a nature course of the majority. Instead of the overexagerated "mix-race" couples, who are in the vast minority, yet being pushed by the media.
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Reading….prognathism is found throughout Europe in the Mesolithic period. So the question is “what accounts for these morphological changes”? Is it plasticity/Climate as TP pointed to above?

-------
THE PROBLEM OF RACE IN THE MESOLITHIC OF EUROPE1
Robert J. Squier

Dennark
A number of sites bearing skeletal remains of Maglenosian and Ertob6ile age have been excavated in Denmark

The skeleton is that of a female of 25 to 30 years. The skull is ovoid in outline without heavy musculature. The frontal is moderately high and slightly inclined with medium brow ridges

The total facial index is euryprosopic, upper facially nesene. Facial prognathism is well marked. The nasal form is leptorrhine and the orbits are low and rectangular. Cranial capacity was calculated as 1430 cc. The skeleton is quite gracile post-cranially, with marked platyneria and platycnenia. Stature using the Mnouvrier formula was 157.8 cm

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
This is a great collection and physical description with location of skeletons found throughout Europe.

---THE PROBLEM OF RACE IN THE MESOLITHIC OF EUROPE1
Robert J. Squier

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Great Reading….pragmatism is found throughout Europe in the Mesolithic period.

Lol. Did you just say "pragmatism"?
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
This is a great collection and physical description with location of skeletons found throughout Europe.

---THE PROBLEM OF RACE IN THE MESOLITHIC OF EUROPE1
Robert J. Squier

------

Reading through this paper most of the Mesolithic skeletons found IN Europe during the meso-lithic are “African-type” ie EurAfricans with long heads and prognathism.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Corrected! Ta! Pragmatism will be a more needed word for Europeans. Lol!

Copying and pasting from that pdf Cass linked is a pain. Words copy as junk! But it is a great read.

To all interested. I need to summarize and post on ESR

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
Great Reading….pragmatism is found throughout Europe in the Mesolithic period.

Lol. Did you just say "pragmatism"?

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So, Coon admits that the Natufians were Africans also.

Quote:
Coon (1939:64) concluded that the Muge remains are most similar to the late Natufian population of Palestine. This conclusion is given without a specific metrical comparison between the two groups. He goes on to state that the Muge and Natufian remains represent a northward movement from a Mediterranean racial homeland somewhere in southwestern Asia, northeastern Africa, or both. Vallois, while admitting the general similarity of the two groups, points out….

So Coon also agrees that Europeans are a sub-set of Africans.

--------------------

Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
There are many different forms of "prognathism". It is only alveolar prognathism that is listed as an anthroposcopic trait in ancestry/racial assessment within forensic anthropology.

Facial prognathism listed above, is measured by the gnathic index (basion-prosthion x 100/basion-nasion). This has rarely been used in forensics, despite the prosthion being the alveolar point.

In Hanihara (2000) there is a plot showing inter-population variation in M40 (basion-prosthion length)/M5 nasion-basion length (i.e Gnathic index).

Hardly any of the African samples are prognathic (103 >). Yet the majority have alveolar prognathism if separately analysed. So Gnathic Index doesn't seem to be very useful at all.

Forensic anthropologists only look for absence/presence of anterior projection in the alveolar region, when making ancestry assessment of a skull.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Hardly any of the African samples are prognathic (103 >). Yet the majority have alveolar prognathism if separately analysed. So Gnathic Index doesn't seem to be very useful at all.

Forensic anthropologists only look for absence/presence of anterior projection in the alveolar region, when making ancestry assessment of a skull.

Alveolar prognathism, caused by thumb sucking and tongue thrusting in a 7-year-old girl.

-

So ancient Africans looked like this, huh Cass?

Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
quote:
So Coon also agrees that Europeans are a sub-set of Africans.
For Coon (1962, 1965) North Africa was within the "Caucasoid" geographical zone, so too was the Horn of Africa. That was basically its southern periphery. It extended east as far as India and also covered central Asia:

-

His definition of "Caucasoid" was far too simplistic or generic - which is why it covered so much geography and peoples (the largest of his racial classification). I'd have to dig up his definition of Caucasoid, but it was basically something like: "meso-leptorrhine, with wavy-curly hair, with skin colour ranging from almost black to pale white."

As late as 1997 Howells was using a similar definition: "Caucasoids, who are very light to brown in skin colour, hairy of face and body in males, straight of face, and narrow in the nose."

The fact the "Caucasoid" was so generic by definition is why it had so many subraces, while the others had hardly any.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Cass - Your Genetic and Cranial Coon inspired nonsense is once again becoming wearisome. Time to go away for a while again.

Btw - try to pick a better name next time.

Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] @Dead. The dilemma with dolichocephaly in Mesolithic
Europeans has been the same as with tropical
limb proportions and platyrrhiny some of them
may have. It's hard to decide whether dolichocrania
or relatively longer lower limbs in Mesolithic
Europe, the Epipalaeolithic Maghreb, the Levant,
etc. signify recent African ancestry or retentions
from UP West Eurasians.

UP and Mesolithic European skulls don't closely resemble modern European means in multivariate studies because of the profound changes in cranial morphology, especially in the masticatory region e.g. during the mid-Holocene when dietary changes were intense, but there were other earlier shifts and factors (such as environment and plasticity) involved.

So when van Vark found that the majority of 30+ UP European skulls are closer to Australians, Polynesians, Zulu etc., than modern Europeans, and a sizable proportion of the crania distant to all populations - this does not mean genetic discontinuity (the same for some Mesolithic crania in Howells, 1995). I'm sure you already know this. These changes though were basically contemporaneous across the world.

But this is another reason I don't use, or trust multivariate studies that use many variables. Since mid-Holocene "Neolithicization" and its effect on crania was a global phenomenon - this has no relevance to determining population affinities (we see all populations having become less 'robust'). Instead, what needs to be done is to identify the small number of diagnostic variables (those traits that show high inter-populational variation). If we just use those few anthroposcopic "racial" traits employed by forensic scientists - for Europeans or "Caucasoids" it would be a combination of leptorrhiny, orthognathism, meso-brachycephaly etc. Howells (1997) was wrong that he thought UP Europeans mostly had these features (so too was I a few years back_. This is something I realized after compiling all these measurements. The average UP European was not narrow nosed for example.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
The term Caucasoid doesn't bother me . I know it is label used to steal things Aftican and to make Europeans inclusive

. I never knew this since I am not into the x-zoids thingy. But I am shocked that Coon also agree with Sergi, that the EurAfrican homeland is in Eastern Africa, maybe the Great Lakes of Africa. Wow! You holding out on us Cass.

Of course modern genetics have now confirmed that the Neolithic package are "recent" Africans who admixed with an older WHG and ANE in Europe.

Coon, who would of think it. You brothas, need to read this stuff before the knee-jerk reaction.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
It is all coming together now. The Neolithic package was essentially male G2 and E1b1b*. The female line was essentially HV and H.

It always puzzled me why E1b1b and not E1b1a was the main part of the Neolithic package. The answer is simply, that line is over 15,000ya older than E1b1a. Older brother had already left the Nile. That explains the Bantu connection to AEians, through E1b1a. They, E1b1a , were part of the creation and inception AE.

Now to resolve the modem white male line ,.......

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So , modern Europeans are primarily a sub-set of older and younger Africans. Depigmented Afticans.

In fact instead of getting hung up on labels read the link Cass posted. The morphology supports the genetics. The incoming Negroids admixed with older population in Europe.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
So when van Vark found that the majority of
30+ UP European skulls are closer to Australians,
Polynesians, Zulu etc., than modern Europeans, and
a sizable proportion of the crania distant to all
populations - this does not mean genetic
discontinuity (the same for some Mesolithic crania
in Howells, 1995). I'm sure you already know this.
These changes though were basically contemporaneous
across the world.

^Right. Accounting for his age, Kostenki-14 is
essentially West Eurasian per his recently sequenced
genome, despite having many facial traits frequently
used to assign recent African ancestry. There is
a bit of projected African ancestry in him relative
to the genomes of later UP Europeans, but that
could be an artefact of his temporal closeness to
OOA resulting in the retention of more ancestral
alleles that are derived in living West Eurasians.
Either way, the projected African ancestry is not
enough to explain his facial features.

The skeletal discontinuity is really a non-issue.
It's an expected finding under all of the origins
models involving non-Africans that have withstood
the test of time, particularly ROA. In fact, it
would be odd if we didn't find these traits in UP
Eurasia.

You can't reproduce that finding of discontinuity
in West Eurasia using much more diagnostic traits,
e.g. dental non-metric data:

http://www.eva.mpg.de/evolution/pdf/Bailey_2000_DA.pdf

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
WTF!!! Come on Swenet....are you the lunatic Dienekes? You are stealing Indigenous Indian history. WTF. K-14 cluster with Sindhi amd Makrani. You do know these people cluster with Africans in Phenotype although they are Asians. That is why K-14 looks "Negroid"

WTF!

see below

quote:
[Q]
quote:
^Right. Accounting for his age, Kostenki-14 is
essentially West Eurasian????? per his recently sequenced
genome, despite having many facial traits frequently
used to assign recent African ancestry. http://www.eva.mpg.de/evolution/pdf/Bailey_2000_DA.pdf [/Q]

K-14 is Makranis/Sindhi. Are these people West Eurasian. WTF

-

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
To those who don't know KOS=K-14 clusters with Mak and Sin as seen above.

And here also. Come on man you are talking out your azz. These people are an older population that expand as far as Europe. West Europeans has no, nada, connection with KOS-14

-

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
All liars and BSers will be exposed. ALL!!

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Can someone inform Xyyman of the fact that the PCI,
PCII corner in which Kostenki is positioned in his
own image is the "West Eurasian" corner? Anyone?
But if you do, be gentle with him. He's taken enough
Ls as it is, lately.

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I'd like to see is
full (including caption and
citation) and unedited posting
of original report graphs.

Also'd be nice if the type of
graphic used was explained in
terms of the article lifted
from.

Yes quadrant (and similar
reader applied mimicking
divisions) is as important
as any clusters or clines
indicated in a PC graph
as is knowing which two
PCs are displayed and
what each is based on.

HEY somebody wake me up

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
"These results do not support a close relationship between Neandertals and any modern human groups sampled. They also tentatively suggest that if the two populations were interbreeding, it is not reflected in their dental morphology." - Bailey

No one though has made any Neanderthal continuity claims for dentition in Europe (retromalar space and taurodontism were old arguments used by Weidenreich in the 1940s; Multiregionalists have paid little attention to them in their papers).

The continuity traits manifest in different areas of the skull in separate regions. The evidence for dental continuity only seems to be confined to East Asia (i.e. shovel-shaped incisors).

Anyway regional continuity traits have declined to very small frequencies late terminal Pleistocene/Holocene. Neanderthal traits in modern Europeans are found at 1% (down from around 6-7% during the Mesolithic, 20% late UP, 40-50%, early UP).

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Just to make sure we're not miscommunicating, I
posted the paper to show UP Europe-recent Europe
dental continuity, not for Neanderthal-UP Europe
discontinuity. The data in it suggests that the
differences between the living European samples and
UP Europeans are extremely low.

Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
I see. Brace put out tuns of papers on dental size reduction in Europeans. Compared to any other population - they have reduced the most in tooth size since the Upper Paleolithic (up to 45%). Brace calculated 1% per 1000 years. So if you compare modern Europeans to UP Europeans, they are going to very poorly resemble each other.

"Reduction has amounted to at least 40-45 percent in those who live in the north temperate zone between Europe and the Middle East." - Brace

Contrast to Australian aborigines, who have only reduced by 10%.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Right.

quote:
Originally posted by Xyyman:
You are stealing Indigenous Indian history.

Now he's insinuating that ANI ancestry (the genetic
input that is driving many Indians towards West Asian
and European ancestry) is "indigenous" Indian. SMH.
Haven't learned anything all this time, have you?

Sindhi are 60% ANI, according to Moorjani et al

quote:
Originally posted by Xyyman:
You do know these people cluster with Africans in
Phenotype [...] That is why K-14 looks "Negroid"

More verbal diarrhoea.
Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] WTF!!! Come on Swenet....are you the lunatic Dienekes? You are stealing Indigenous Indian history. WTF. K-14 cluster with Sindhi amd Makrani. You do know these people cluster with Africans in Phenotype although they are Asians. That is why K-14 looks "Negroid"

I don't really have a clue was this stuff is. However I noticed with all these genome papers, you get a big caution about DNA contamination. With fossils you don't get that issue. I consider the fossil data more reliable.

Also there's the problem that most of the DNA is lost.

"Pruvost et al. (2007) have recently shown that DNA deteriorates rapidly after excavation, up to 50 times as fast as in buried specimens. The various reported ‘fragmentary DNA sequences’ from ‘Neanderthal’ remains stored for up to 150 years need to be considered in that light. A large part, on average 85%, of the genetic material preserved in fossils is lost as a result of treatment by archaeologists and storage in museums, therefore the results disseminated from these specimens and their interpretations may be questioned." (Bednarik, 2008)

Now wasn't k-14 on a display in a museum or in storage for decades itself?

Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
"Haven't learned anything all this time, have you?"

Lots of strange stuff in his posts.

The one below was the most bizarre. He claims those admixture plots like "Basque" in Africa, is selective sweep.

quote:
Any one knows WHY the blue/mesoamerica is highest in the Khoisan...and it has nothing to do with the epicantic fold?

Tic! Toc!

quote:
I know you don't know much about genetics but no one is 100% anything. Someone can explain this to you. Not saying some Aframs ain't admixed but even continentals carry "Eurasian" genes. See the brownn slice of the pie chart? Basque. See it increases in frequency towards North Africa. That is NOT admixture that is purification ie "selective sweep".

ALL the colors of the pie chart increases away from Africa. ALL IS AFRiCAN!!! ALL genes.

-

Deleted Account
Banned
Member # 21978

Rate Member
Can you comment on this? The 'admixture' in the Horn is like 50% Eurasian.

People on sites like Anthroscape use these studies to support Coon.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

ALL the colors of the pie chart increases away from Africa. ALL IS AFRiCAN!!! ALL genes.[/b]

The red represents indigenous Africa

The other colors in Africa increase closer to Eurasia because according to his chart outsiders came into Africa from Eurasia and their migratiosn thinned as they got deeper into Africa, further and further South

hense all the colors that are not red are labeled names of popualtions from outside of Africa

The key to this is that this map represents modern Africa

If you went back 10,000 years ago the pie charts all over Africa would be much more red

Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Yeah. Makrani and Sindhi are West Eurasians. Even after smoking "weed" I know the difference. Just kidding, I no longer inhale. In my teens yes.

Thats what you get when fugekrs don't read the study but open their mouth.

quote:
Ls as it is, lately.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
This is unedited. This is from the original study. KOS is written in by the authors. Any idiot can see Kos/K-14 is closest to Makrani and Sindhi. ...and other Indian groups. So India is now part of West EurAsia now and not South/South East Asia. WTF

The other chart, the red mockup is mine

-
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
One thing I'd like to see is
full (including caption and
citation) and unedited posting
of original report graphs.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Now that I have read some of his work. Coon may be right. The HOMELAND of SOME genetic components in modern Europeans is IN the recent Africans.

quote:
Can you comment on this? The 'admixture' in the Horn is like 50% Eurasian.

People on sites like Anthroscape use these studies to support Coon.

@Cass- aDNA contamination was an issue early on. The technology has improved tremendously. They can estimate the amount of contamination, if any. They can also authenicate whether it is true aDNA while testing. So give up on the contamination line. Early on, yes, now, very unlikely.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Yeah. Makrani and Sindhi are West Eurasians. Even with weed I know the difference.

quote:
Ls as it is, lately.

Besides the fact that you can't read to save
your life (I never said India was geographically
situated in West Eurasia), you have an incredibly
crude understanding of multivariate statistics,
Just like your boy Amun-Ra, you take a random
PC plot with just two PCs and make up fictitious
narratives about genetic affinity, even when
the full text of the same paper says something
else entirely. Only on ES.

[Roll Eyes]

What the actual paper says:

quote:
Using Mbuti Pygmy as an outgroup, we
find that among a panel of 167 contemporary
populations, Europeans have the greatest affinity
(i.e., the largest f3) to K14 (Fig. 1C). This
conclusion is also formally supported by comparing
pairs of populations to K14 using the D statistics
of the form D(Mbuti Pygmy, K14; Population 1,
Population 2).

--Seguin-Orlando et al 2014

quote:
The K14 genome shows that this early UP
individual was clearly part of a western Eurasian
lineage that had already diverged from eastern
Asians, thus establishing a minimum date for
that separation at least 36.2 ka.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ Sage…and others interested. The study on the ancient Kostenski-14 was published about 2 months ago. It is a free download. That is why we need to keep up with new papers. I critiqued that paper as soon it was posted so I quickly caught on to the BS Swenet was posting.

Dienekes gave the same spin. West Eurasian. But when you look at the raw data, KOS/K-14 was closest to the indigenous older Indian sub-continent population. Infact “Middle Eastern” populations are closer to KOS-14 compared to Europeans and yet these fugkers want to claim Kos-14 as Europeans. Liars!!! They will be exposed! If Kos-14 is “west Eurasian” then Makrani/Sindhi are also “West Eurasian” and there is no Middle East. GTFOH with the BS mind game.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
My take is Swenet never read the paper. Maybe he read someone’s blog and went with it. Sometimes he is smarter than that.

The problem is many people don’t read the ACTUAL study. The y rely bloggers like Dienekes and the Indian guy to spin it for them. This not really difficult for someone with High School biology/science schooling.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
That’s right. Distract us. Group me with dogmatic AMRTU. LOL!

Yes, The author divided Eurasia into East and West making India part West EurAsia. K-14 groups with older Indigenous like Makrani/Sindhi but labeling these population West EurAsians is deceptive. You should know better.

That is why you should not get caught up in “labels”. Look at the data. Ok Makranis’s are West EurAsians. LOL!

Just as with Coon. He clearly states that the HOMELAND of some Europeans are in North East Africa. We know Caucasoid is a label used to steal African history. I never knew Coon, and Sergi and others and modern genetics are all saying the same thing. Modern Europeans are an admixture “recent African” Neolithics and an older population.

quote:
quote:
Yeah. Makrani and Sindhi are West Eurasians. Even with weed I know the difference.

quote:
Ls as it is, lately.

Besides the fact that you can't read to save
your life (I never said India was geographically
situated in West Eurasia), you have an incredibly
crude understanding of multivariate statistics,
Just like your boy Amun-Ra, you take a random
PC plot with just two PCs and make up fictitious
narratives about genetic affinity, even when
the full text of the same paper says something
else entirely. Only on ES.

[Roll Eyes]

What the actual paper says:

quote:
Using Mbuti Pygmy as an outgroup, we
find that among a panel of 167 contemporary
populations, Europeans have the greatest affinity
(i.e., the largest f3) to K14 (Fig. 1C). This
conclusion is also formally supported by comparing
pairs of populations to K14 using the D statistics
of the form D(Mbuti Pygmy, K14; Population 1,
Population 2).

quote:
The K14 genome shows that this early UP
individual was clearly part of a western Eurasian
lineage that had already diverged from eastern
Asians, thus establishing a minimum date for
that separation at least 36.2 ka.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com