EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Cory Booker Baby Bonds proposal to reduce the racial wealth gap for young adults (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cory Booker Baby Bonds proposal to reduce the racial wealth gap for young adults
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 76 | From: Mi. USA. | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gregws:
my thoughts as of today

Genesis, is from the book of the dead.
As it is the rebirth.

As he cried out to his father, god
" Why have you for shaken me, I have to breed with these white folk, I die when I cross breed.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tome+of+the+dead+egypt&qpvt=tome+of+the+dead+egypt&FORM=IGRE

The Book of the Dead is not the church, but is recorded history. lol smh
And that passage doesn't even exists.

quote:
The Book of the Dead is an ancient Egyptian funerary text generally written on papyrus and used from the beginning of the New Kingdom to around 50 BCE
lol
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 76 | From: Mi. USA. | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The heads on mans bodies are heads of states.
God, warrior
Thin beak, scribe,
Falcon mixed, breeder
that dog looking thing, The mixing of races.

You are rambling utter nonsense again. And that utter nonsense has nothing to do with the actual topic.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
The bird is a fertile female, as in eggs, to accept the holy grail, that ball in the horn.

ready to have intercourse.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HwpaLourmMU/Sov1ZNO3OeI/AAAAAAAAAE8/hNxIZZei8ts/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/untitled.jpg

More nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic. You're such a dumbass stuck on ABC's. lol smh

You hop from argument to argument, showing that you suffer from schizofrenia.

Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no insults please
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
no insults please

So what about the continues insults and slander against African Americans that have been going on? How about the claims that the Jim Crow era was to protect Black Americans? Is that not an insult, “African American woman”? This amongst many other insults by Gregws? How come you have no problems with that and all these trolling posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

The irony is amusing when you have a person who rambles on with insult after insult and false accusations, isn’t it?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
It is really on topic, like Egypt and race.

Also, you be calling me some real bad names with descriptions.

You know not, much about me, as far as I know.

This is about Black Americans who socioeconomically have been marginalized, disfranchised, stigmatized. Explain what your pseudo babbles have to do with: Black Codes, Conflict Leasing , Separate but not equal (school system), The Green Book , Sun down cities., Gerrymandering, Share Cropping, Redlining, Southern, Strategy, King Alfred Plan, The Prison to pipeline system etc?

quote:
And breed dogs where the most advanced weapons of that time, you can breed them fast, like 1000 in a few years compared to men, 20 to 40 years, you do not lose your men in battles, like to days weapons save the lives of the army.

So why not have a dogs head on a man, the head of the military?

Explain what the above has to do with anything being discussed on the call for reparations?

Let's test your knowledge on American history. Name corporations that have been involved in slavery and transitions over to and into other companies that are now multinationals.

Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a difficult time using this forums program.

I have not figured out how to post images, start a topic or quote some other posts.

I even built my own website 10 years ago with basic HTML Coding, HTML code does not seem to work here .

But keep getting harassed about not on topic, even thought I explained that I think it is on topic with side line data to support other posts on topic..

new topic = go to top of page hit "post new topic" button

Images= in one of these boxes hit the button "fully reply form" under the box and then hit the image button.

The pictures should not be too big. If you have to use the side slider in the thread then it's too big and needs to be re-sized which can't be done here. It has to be done independently of this website first
950 is around maximum width, length doesn't matter

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Schools not fair?

Education not fair?

I went to a box school, not a day spa school.

this is a day spa school with most taking 6 years to graduate.
Local Tax payer funding for foreigners.

https://www.kentwoodps.org/

===

This is my post about education in US, on another forum, been here 10 years, a business forum.

https://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/observations-concerning-the-increase-of-mankind-1751.131745/

The images on this post link above, shows metal blades used by Ramsey, Not a Smite weapon.

====

Tax payer funding for Collage, free education under the high school program, a tax scam.

Mostly African school

Starting Fall 2017, the Early Middle College Program at Ottawa Hills High School will allow students the opportunity to take college courses right at Ottawa Hills.

I guess the two years worth of school is a value of 10 to 20 k per year, a 6 year high school program.

https://www.grps.org/ottawahigh

I kind think that the foreigners at Kentwood HS can impregnate local females and then go back to their own country and US Tax payers / US Gov. will support / raise their kids/ offspring., or they get a free pass to marry and become US Citizen.

Gregws aka CCWorks,

What is the meaning and intention of this post by you? What has this to do with Reparations and restitutions for Black America? To undo the injustices done to Black Americans?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Kentwood-Michigan.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Ottawa-Hills-Ohio.html

I like for you to answer the questions. And stop derailing and running away, which equals trolling.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
no insults please

Perhaps you can explain what this has to do with the topic of Reparations and restitutions for Black America, since you started to delete my post? lol smh

quote:
And breed dogs where the most advanced weapons of that time, you can breed them fast, like 1000 in a few years compared to men, 20 to 40 years, you do not lose your men in battles, like to days weapons save the lives of the army.

So why not have a dogs head on a man, the head of the military?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
As moderator if I see name calling and condescension I'm deleting the post.

I might allow a little of it now and then but especially not when it's directed at new members.

If somebody goes off topic I might allow it if the person who started the topic doesn't care.

this was the original thread title

Study: Cory Booker’s baby bonds nearly close the racial wealth gap for young adults

^^ it's the title of the article on VOX

but I just changed it to

Cory Booker Baby Bonds proposal to close the racial wealth gap for young adults

Not too different, the topic is Cory Bookers Baby Bonds either way
Reparations is is related but not really the topic.

The topic of Reparations could be a new thread with a quote of someone who has detailed a plan to do it

Some of Gregws comments are off topic but I'm allowing it because they are interesting and this is not someone else's thread. It's mine, I started it .

I suggest not reacting to everything

Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I watched one video from a "pro black" youtube channel who made a video several months ago when ADOS was a hotter topic and some Democratic candidates were asked about reparations that if one of the candidates took it up reparations as one of their proposals it would make them lose and ensure Trump would win.
Black people and some white may have voted for them but too many whites would be against it and that would cause the candidate to lose.
They might perceive the policy as costing them more in taxes or something.
This youtuber was not a fan of ADOS because he thought it was bad that it excluded immigrant black people from being helped.

I think that could be true that if one of the democratic candidates had a reparations plan it would make them lose against Trump but I'm not sure.

Somebody else might not care and say I don't care if Trump wins, I'm still voting for the candidate with the best policies.

Others might say vote for someone who has a chance of winning.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I watched one video from a "pro black" youtube channel who made a video several months ago when ADOS was a hotter topic and some Democratic candidates were asked about reparations that if one of the candidates took it up reparations as one of their proposals it would make them lose and ensure Trump would win.

Most of the #ADOS people aren't Pro-Black. It was only some Pro-Blacks, and a lot of them felt that scene soon there after. And it got a boost after Tariq Nasheed touched on it. We do find a lot of odd things going on with Yvette and ToneTalks. The data is the data, this has nothing to do with them. They represented it first the way they did, but it was already out there. Claude Anderson has a long history in this.

quote:

Black people and some white may have voted for them but too many whites would be against it and that would cause the candidate to lose.

Yes, I know that, and that number has decreased to 56% now. Even, if we have to believe Bloomberg said that a lot was not known to him. And that is the problem with most immigrants. They don't know American history, because they actually don't love America. They came over to get the bag and fill the bag then leave if needed.

GregW is one of these folk who is against reparations, restitutions for Black Americans, that is why he/ she constantly posted this nonsense to derail the actual topic, by trying to make whites in to the victims of systemic racism. Such thing is a strong form is a pathology, based on a strong form of cognitive dissonance.

I think you recall the civil rights era, Many whites were against it also. They have always been against this that progressed the Black population. Hence Rosewood, Tulsa.

quote:

They might perceive the policy as costing them more in taxes or something.

So wha if that is the case, they have accumulated wealth over the stuffing of Black people. Land was stolen etc.

The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America with Shawn Rochester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchuk0f-_6Y

There is not logical argument that can dispute The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America.

quote:

This youtuber was not a fan of ADOS because he thought it was bad that it excluded immigrant black people from being helped.

I have seen a lot and actually too many. I have never seen any say what you typed. I have see a rise of xenophobia towards Black immigrates and some Black immigrants do act foolish as well.

quote:

I think that could be true that if one of the democratic candidates had a reparations plan it would make them lose against Trump but I'm not sure.

It tells a lot about "white people", doesn't it? And yes it as already reported that "whites" like to see Black people suffer financial. Only a very sick and wicked mind would get joy out of that.

quote:

Somebody else might not care and say I don't care if Trump wins, I'm still voting for the candidate with the best policies.

Others might say vote for someone who has a chance of winning.

The one thing I agree with Marianne Williamson was that most of white America is not educated on American history and what was done to Black Americans.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
And yes it as already reported that "whites" like to see Black people suffer financial. Only a very sick and wicked mind would get joy out of that.

no bigoted blanket statements on groups please

I'm not going to allow statements like "black people think that..."

or "white people think..."

that is simplistic BS and prejudiced as if everybody in a group is of one mind

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
You made a few questions as to the education of A/A in this topic.

I addressed my question directly towards you, over a lot of the false claims you've made and your lack of historical events.

quote:

I thought to show you the schools near me.
These are mostly mixed race schools. and if you ask me, no money is being held back to educate Blacks, as you continue to point out the black have no money for education.

From where do you get all this weird stuff you keep claiming? Most of Black Americans live in restricted areas separate from whites. The region you showed happens to be racially mixed, that doesn't equate with the majority of Detroit who is poor due to systemic racism.

"RECLAIMING MICHIGAN’S THROWAWAY KIDS

Students Trapped IN THE School-to-Prison Pipeline"

http://voiceofdetroit.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Michigan-ACLU-School-to-Prison-Pipeline.pdf

quote:

Them look like fine schools. I went to both for 6 months each in the 70s

So those schools looked the same back then, is that what you try to say?

Let's talk about the history of Michigan's Redlining, so we can trace wealth and poverty. Or are you going to run away once more?

"Michigan’s segregated past – and present (Told in 9 interactive maps)"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/michigans-segregated-past-and-present-told-9-interactive-maps

"Redlining’s legacy: How discriminatory housing policies continue to shape Michigan’s metro areas"

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/redlining-s-legacy-how-discriminatory-housing-policies-continue-shape-michigan-s-metro-areas

Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
your correct.
I have no formal education.

have a good day

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
your correct.
I have no formal education.

have a good day

That was not the question, but as predicted you ran off again.

Now, let's look at the early population demographics that was deported to the America from Briton, so we get a better understanding of things, when claims are being made out the first "chattel convicts" in Virginia.

quote:

“Black Scapegoats"

But while Elizabeth may have enjoyed being entertained by Black people, in the 1590s she also issued proclamations against them. In 1596 she wrote to the lord mayors of major cities noting that there were 'of late divers blackmoores brought into this realm, of which kind of people there are already here to manie…'. She ordered that 'those kinde of people should be sente forth of the land'.

Elizabeth made an arrangement for a merchant, Casper van Senden, to deport Black people from England in 1596. The aim seems to have been to exchange them for (or perhaps to sell them to obtain funds to buy) English prisoners held by England’s Catholic enemies Spain and Portugal.

No doubt van Senden intended to sell these people. But this was not to be, because Glossary - opens new windowmasters of Black workers - who had not been offered compensation - refused to let them go. In 1601, Elizabeth issued a further proclamation expressing her 'discontentment by the numbers of blackamores which are crept into this realm...' and again licensing van Senden to deport Black people. It is doubtful whether this second proclamation was any more successful than the first.

Why this sudden, urgent desire to expel members of England's Black population? It was more than a commercial transaction pursued by the queen. In the 16th century, the ruling classes became increasingly concerned about poverty and Glossary - opens new windowvagrancy, as the Glossary - opens new windowfeudal system - which, in theory, had kept everyone in their place - finally broke down. They feared disorder and social breakdown and, blaming the poor, brought in Glossary - opens new windowpoor laws to try to deal with the problem.

In the 1590s the harvests repeatedly failed, bringing hunger, disease and a rapid increase in poverty and vagrancy. Elizabeth's orders against Black people were an attempt to blame them for wider social problems. Her proclamation of 1601 claimed that Black people were 'fostered and relieved here to the great annoyance of [the queen's] own liege people, that want the relief, which those people consume'. The proclamation also stated that 'most of them are infidels, having no understanding of Christ or his Gospel'.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/elizabeth.htm

quote:

"The results of the craniometric analysis indicated that the majority of the York population had European origins, but that 11% of the Trentholme Drive and 12% of The Railway study samples were likely of African decent.”

~Leach et al. (2009)
Migration and diversity in Roman Britain: a multidisciplinary approach to the identification of immigrants in Roman York, England.
Am J Phys Anthropol. 2009 Nov;140(3):546-61. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.21104
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19530143

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
This publication says it all.

quote:

White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable

White families quickly recuperated financial losses after the Civil War, and then created a Jim Crow credit system to bring more white families into money.

It will end up costing the U.S. economy as much as $1 trillion between now and 2028 for the nation to maintain its longstanding black-white racial wealth gap, according to a report released this month from the global consultancy firm McKinsey & Company. That will be roughly 4 percent of the United States GDP in 2028—just the conservative view, assuming that the wealth growth rates of African Americans will outpace white wealth growth at its current clip of 3 percent to .8 percent annually, said McKinsey. If the gap widens, however, with white wealth growing at a faster rate than black wealth instead, it could end up costing the U.S. $1.5 trillion or 6 percent of GDP according to the firm.

“Despite the progress black families have made in civic and economic life since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, they face systemic and cumulative barriers on the road to wealth building due to discrimination, poverty, and a shortage of social connections,” reads the report, “as both mechanisms and results of racial economic inequity.”

Crucial to understanding how to close that gap—such that it can actually be closed—is grappling with how it was created in the first place. The McKinsey report identifies four components that perpetuate this gap—family wealth, family income, family savings, and community context (a community’s collective public and private assets). Black families have not been able to build wealth due to “unmet needs and obstacles” across these four dimensions.

-

That’s the deficit-lens on the problem as it pertains to black families. But it’s worth looking at how each of those components also played a huge role in boosting white families’ financial standing to begin with. The wealth, income, and savings that white families accumulated during slavery supplied the economic thew that catapulted them into elite affluent status during the country’s first two centuries of existence. But it was community context and creative credit machinations that helped white families maintain that status over the ensuing two centuries, putting into doubt whether a closure of the black-white racial wealth gap is even possible given these deeply entrenched advantages.

Community context and connections

A study on the transfer of wealth from Southern slaveholding families to their children helps explain how these advantages came about. Strikingly, the inheritance of actual material profits from the slavery-based economy isn’t the culprit some suppose. The economists Leah Platt Boustan of Princeton University; Katherine Eriksson of the University of California, Davis; and Philipp Ager of the University of Southern Denmark found in their study, “The Intergenerational Effects of a Large Wealth Shock: White Southerners After the Civil War,” that white resilience to economic catastrophe has been almost impenetrable.

According to the study, the largest slaveholding families in the South took a huge hit after the Civil War—a 38 percent drop at the median and a 75 percent loss among the top wealthiest families between 1860, a peak year for slavery profits, and 1870. But by 1880, many of the sons of those families had already recovered that wealth. By 1900, the sons of the richest slaveholders had not only financially recovered but were wealthier than the sons of families who were just as wealthy before the Civil War, but from mostly non-slaveholding assets and activities.

It took just one generation for white slaveholding families to regain their riches, and this rebound was not due to an inheritance of slavery profits. Much of that was devoured by the war, emancipation, and regressive crop productivity in the South after the war. Nor was the recovery owed to an inheritance of entrepreneurial skills, which the study ruled out because of the drastic transition of the economy from agricultural-based to industrial-based.

“Even destroying the capital stock or temporarily expropriating the land of wealthy households would not have been enough to prevent their sons from experiencing full recovery.”

The Southern dollar rally might have had something to do with those slaveholders’ sons marrying into wealthier families. But most of the wealth recovered by slaveholders’ children came from occupation-based earnings. The most likely explanation for the restoration of their wealth, according to the study, is the “role of social networks in facilitating employment opportunities and access to credit”—or, in other words, community context. The wealthy slaveholding families were cozy enough with the wealthy families who weren’t totally in the slavery business to leverage their relationships into preservation of their elite status.

“We think the most likely explanation for the rapid recovery of slaveholders’ sons is that slaveholding families were embedded in social networks that facilitated adjustments to wartime losses,” reads the study. One critical adjustment facilitated in this respect was credit, which was “surprising in light of the fact that slave collateral formed the basis for nearly all southern credit relations and was completely wiped out after emancipation.”

Also wiped out were, in some cases, the land and plantations themselves, which were the final major appreciable assets that some former slaveholding families possessed after the war. The study examines General William T. Sherman’s “March to the Sea” and his “Special Field Order No. 15,” which directed Union troops to destroy and confiscate Confederate family homes, businesses, and properties along the Carolina and Georgia coasts. The households targeted and toppled by Sherman’s troops lost considerable wealth, on top of losing their slaveholding assets. But by 1880, those same ransacked families had financially recuperated. By that year, their wealth had even surpassed that of the wealthy families of neighboring counties that Sherman did not invade.

“Results suggest that even destroying the capital stock or temporarily expropriating the land of wealthy households would not have been enough to prevent their sons from experiencing full recovery in a generation,” reads the study.

Those coastal families achieved recovery through the same means that other white former-slaveholding families achieved it throughout the South: via their connections to those commandeering capital and finance in the post-Civil War milieu. Slaveholding families’ pre-war material resources and wealth did “not ultimately affect” their children’s future comeuppance, and neither did these advantages stop with their sons. By 1940, even the grandsons of former slaveholders were doing better than similarly situated non-slaveholding families, by graduating from high school and college— fairly uncommon in the South at the time—and settling securely into white-collar jobs.

“Jim Crow Credit”

The 1940s were also the period when white families were able to further enhance their wealth prospects through new credit and finance instruments created as part of the New Deal. At this point, white families and farm owners were taking advantage of loans created by what was then called the Federal Housing Administration and the Farm Security Administration to leverage their way into wealth. Whereas before the Civil War, mortgages and credit were collateralized on the backs of enslaved Africans as properties, by 1940 white families could obtain mortgages and credit collateralized by land, houses, and farms. And they didn’t have to come from wealthy families or be wealthy themselves to obtain this financing.

African American farmers and families, meanwhile, were unable to establish the wealth that former slaveholding families were re-establishing, nor were they able to access the FHA and FSA loans at the same rates as whites. The Atlantic’s Vann Newkirk describes in his story “The Great Land Robbery” how black farmers lost their land and farms during this time period:

While most of the black land loss appears on its face to have been through legal mechanisms—“the tax sale; the partition sale; and the foreclosure”—it mainly stemmed from illegal pressures, including discrimination in federal and state programs, swindles by lawyers and speculators, unlawful denials of private loans, and even outright acts of violence or intimidation. Discriminatory loan servicing and loan denial by white-controlled [Farmers Home Administration] and [Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service] committees forced black farmers into foreclosure, after which their property could be purchased by wealthy landowners, almost all of whom were white.

[...]

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/09/racial-wealth-gap-history-slavery-black-white-family-income/597100/
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Here is another study, explaining with deep analysis the racial wealth gape disparity.

quote:
Six facts about wealth in the United States

On Wednesday night, the first of the 2020 Democratic debates will take place with ten candidates vying for the national spotlight. Senator Elizabeth Warren, one of the leading contenders for the nomination, will take the stage. She has proposed a wealth tax on the richest Americans, sparking intense debate about wealth inequality in the United States. Her proposal would levy a two percent tax on household net worth above $50 million and a three percent tax on household net worth above $1 billion.

As the Democratic candidates debate how to best address economic inequality, here are six things to know about wealth in the United States….

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2019/06/25/six-facts-about-wealth-in-the-united-states/
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com