EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Coronavirus leaves 56 MILLION on lockdown (Jan 25 + updates) (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Coronavirus leaves 56 MILLION on lockdown (Jan 25 + updates)
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/10/health/smoking-weed-coronavirus-wellness/index.html

CNN

Smoking weed and coronavirus: Even occasional use raises risk of Covid-19 complications

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be spin below- I mean since when is the US state Dept concerned about Africans in China?
But if true, the Chinese are only shooting themselves in the foot..

-

https://news.yahoo.com/african-community-targeted-china-virus-crackdown-092224681.html

African community targeted in China virus crackdown

[AFP]
Laurie CHEN
,AFP•April 11, 2020

Guangzhou in southern China is home to a sizeable African community (AFP Photo/FRED DUFOUR)
Some Africans said the community had been subject to mass COVID-19 testing even though many had not left China recently, and placed under arbitrary quarantine at home or in hotels (AFP Photo/Fred DUFOUR)
Airport employees at the international airport in Abuja, Nigeria unload medical equipment on April 8, 2020 as a team of Chinese medics arrived to help fight the coronavirus pandemic (AFP Photo/Kola Sulaimon)

1 / 3
Guangzhou in southern China is home to a sizeable African community
Guangzhou in southern China is home to a sizeable African community (AFP Photo/FRED DUFOUR)

Beijing (AFP) - Africans in southern China's largest city say they have become targets of suspicion and subjected to forced evictions, arbitrary quarantines and mass coronavirus testing as Beijing steps up its fight against imported infections, drawing US accusations of xenophobia.

China says it has largely curbed its COVID-19 outbreak but a recent cluster of cases linked to the Nigerian community in Guangzhou sparked the alleged discrimination by locals and virus prevention officials.

Local authorities in the industrial centre of 15 million said at least eight people diagnosed with the illness had spent time in the city's Yuexiu district, known as "Little Africa".

Five were Nigerian nationals who faced widespread anger after reports surfaced that they had broken a mandatory quarantine and been to eight restaurants and other public places instead of staying home.

As a result, nearly 2,000 people they came into contact with had to be tested for COVID-19 or undergo quarantine, state media said.

Guangzhou had confirmed 114 imported coronavirus cases as of Thursday -- 16 of which were Africans. The rest were returning Chinese nationals.

The tense situation has made Africans targets of suspicion, distrust and racism in China -- and brought a stinging rebuke Saturday from Washington.

Several Africans told AFP they had been forcibly evicted from their homes and turned away by hotels.

"I've been sleeping under the bridge for four days with no food to eat... I cannot buy food anywhere, no shops or restaurants will serve me," said Tony Mathias, an exchange student from Uganda who was forced from his apartment on Monday.

"We're like beggars on the street," the 24-year-old said.

Mathias added that police had given him no information about testing or quarantine but instead told him "to go to another city".

Police in Guangzhou declined to comment when contacted by AFP.

A Nigerian businessman said he was evicted from his apartment this week.

"Everywhere the police see us, they will come and pursue us and tell us to go home. But where can we go?" he said.

- Growing tensions -

Other Africans said the community had been subject to mass COVID-19 testing even though many had not left China recently, and people had been placed under arbitrary quarantine at home or in hotels.

China has banned foreign nationals from entering the country, and many travellers are being sent into 14-day quarantines either in their own accommodation or at centralised facilities.

Thiam, an exchange student from Guinea, said police ordered him to stay home on Tuesday even after he tested negative for COVID-19 and told officers he had not left China in almost four years.

He believes the measures are specifically and unfairly targeting Africans.

"All the people I've seen tested are Africans. Chinese are walking around freely but if you're black you can't go out," he said.

The US State Department has issued an alert advising African Americans, or those with potential contact with African nationals, to avoid Guangzhou.

Then on Saturday the department issued a sharp criticism of China over how it treats Africans.

"It's unfortunate but not surprising to see this kind of xenophobia towards Africans by Chinese authorities," a State Department spokesperson said.

The US in recent weeks has denounced what it calls Beijing's lack of transparency at the start of the coronavirus epidemic, which was first detected in late 2019 in the Chinese city of Wuhan. American officials say the delay resulted in thousands of deaths around the world.

Despite a recent truce in the US-Chinese war of words, skirmishes have continued between the two world powers, already locked in a long-term strategic confrontation.

- 'Crazy fear' -

The infections in Guangzhou have also sparked a torrent of abuse online, with many Chinese internet users posting racist comments and calling for all Africans to be deported.

Last week a controversial cartoon depicting foreigners as different types of trash to be sorted through went viral on social media.

"There's just this crazy fear that anybody who's African might have been in contact with somebody who was sick," said David, a Canadian living in Guangzhou who did not want to give his full name.

China's foreign ministry acknowledged this week that there had been some "misunderstandings" with the African community.

"I want to emphasise that the Chinese government treats all foreigners in China equally," said spokesman Zhao Lijian on Thursday, urging local officials to "improve their working mechanisms".

The complaints in Guangzhou contrast with a welcome reception to Chinese efforts in battling the coronavirus across the African continent, where Beijing this week donated medical supplies to 18 countries.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5906 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/us/coronavirus-updates-usa.html#link-57b3b84f

quote:
A sailor assigned to the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt has died of complications stemming from the coronavirus, according to Navy officials, marking the first death for the ship’s crew, which numbers more than 4,800.
RIP, this was my ship..sad news
Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The U.S. has surpassed Italy as the country with the highest number of coronavirus deaths with nearly 22,000 recorded by early Monday and 554,007 cases, according to NBC News figures. Worldwide, the death toll is more than 114,000, and the number of confirmed cases nears 1.9 million, according to Johns Hopkins University.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/2020-04-13-coronavirus-news-n1182376

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

VIDEO: The Second Wave of Coronavirus in China May Have Arrived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtiEhNpagv4

VIDEO: Discriminated in China Because She Was White?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjX7jaM6JYw

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
the IMF Monetary Chief says

Lockdown' Recession to Be Worst Since Depression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FqoGsj0_M

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
As world leaders consider how to restart a crashing global economy, President Trump incorrectly claimed that he is the final arbiter on when the United States will reopen. “The authority is total,” Trump said during a sometimes hostile news conference — a comment that astounded legal scholars.

New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) on Tuesday said there would be a “constitutional crisis” if Trump tried to exert federal power over the states. Nearly 600,000 people have been infected by the virus in the United States, where the confirmed death toll surpassed 25,000.

Here are some significant developments:

The International Monetary Fund said the pandemic is causing the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.
Widespread testing will play an important role in reopening the economy, but no state yet has the capacity to roll it out, New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) said.
In Britain, the government’s daily covid-19 tallies appear to be seriously undercounting the true mortality figures.
More than 2,100 U.S. cities are now bracing for budget shortfalls, with many planning cuts and layoffs, according to a new survey.
India extended the world’s largest lockdown until May 3.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/14/coronavirus-latest-news/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Today Trump backed off his earlier remark and said"

“I will be speaking to all 50 governors very shortly, and I will then be authorizing each individual governor of each individual state to implement a reopening,” Trump said at the briefing, adding that it would be “at a time and in a manner as most appropriate” for each state.

“The day will be very close,” he said, indicating that some states without major outbreaks may be able to reopen by May 1.

“The governors are going to come out at a time when they’re ready,” he said. “Some can come out very, very shortly. And we look forward to watching that process. I think it’s going to be a very beautiful process.”

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Trump has been handling the Corona Pandemic pretty well, given his blunder on allowing it to spread. He knows that any wrong move from now on will cost him in an election year, even though I doubt Biden is a real challenge to him
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
“The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb.”
~Vincent C. C. Cheng, Susanna K. P. Lau, Patrick C. Y. Woo, and Kwok Yung Yuen
CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY REVIEWS, Oct. 2007, p. 660–694 Vol. 20, No. 4 0893-8512/07/$08.00􏰀0 doi:10.1128/CMR.00023-07
https://cmr.asm.org/content/20/4/660

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
The U.S. has surpassed Italy as the country with the highest number of coronavirus deaths with nearly 22,000 recorded by early Monday and 554,007 cases, according to NBC News figures. Worldwide, the death toll is more than 114,000, and the number of confirmed cases nears 1.9 million, according to Johns Hopkins University.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/2020-04-13-coronavirus-news-n1182376

I did follow the trend from early on. And there has been a continuing 60% death tole compared to those who recovered.

As of now 534,697 people "carry" Covid-19. Millions of people haven't been tested who can be symptomatic or asymptomatic. If the trend continues, we are looking at millions of Americans who potentially may die.

https://www.bing.com/covid?vert=graph

"Dr. Bukacek is a longtime Montana physician with over 30 years' experience practicing medicine. Signing death certificates is a routine part of her job.

In this brief video, Dr. Bukacek blows the whistle on the way the CDC is instructing physicians to exaggerate COVID 19 deaths on death certificates"

https://youtu.be/_5wn1qs_bBk

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Worldwide confirmed coronavirus cases surpassed 2 million, though experts caution that the virus has in all likelihood infected far more people. The virus has reached all continents except Antarctica and officially killed more than 120,000 people, including more than 26,000 in the United States.

The director of the World Health Organization said he is “reviewing the impact on our work of any withdrawal of U.S. funding” after President Trump on Tuesday said he intends to halt payments to the U.N. agency. Close U.S. allies on Wednesday said they disagreed with the move and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Trump’s decision is “dangerous, illegal and will be swiftly challenged.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/15/coronavirus-latest-news/

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
More than 9,000 Health Care Workers have Coronavirus

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday that 9,282 health care professionals had contracted the coronavirus in the United States as of April 9, and that 27 had died from it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/coronavirus-updates.html#link-3b400f94

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Stats Ish. very useful

quote:
Originally posted by Ish Geber:
[qb] Coronavirus: A visual guide to the world in lockdown

(large quote removed, repetitious)

[ 15. April 2020, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At what point does a virus become "deadly" enough to justify a global economic lockdown?

For example look at the flu statistics:
  • The percent of deaths associated with pneumonia and influenza is above the epidemic threshold. The increase is due to an increase in pneumonia deaths rather than influenza deaths and likely reflects COVID-19 activity.
  • 166 influenza-associated deaths in children have been reported so far this season. This number is high compared to recent seasons, but remains lower than the 2017-2018 season during which 188 pediatric deaths were reported.
  • CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 410,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

quote:

Breaking News: New York City’s coronavirus death toll soared past 10,000 after officials added more than 3,700 people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1250159339781922816
Posts: 8899 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
you can't compare to the flu because COVID-19 is much more contagious and has no vaccine.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
The Coronavirus Is Even More Dangerous Than Previously Thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtX0s-nHKo

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Perspective From A Chinese Woman in Africa | Is She Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDyd1Tj4Kc8

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Pardon me, but each day it's getting crazier in the US.

quote:
No Shopping From a Safe Distance: SNAP Recipients Can’t Purchase Groceries Online

A rapidly increasing number of Massachusetts residents are asking the government to help pay for their groceries, but recipients need to shop inside stores because EBT cards can’t be used for online purchases

https://www.nbcboston.com/investigations/snap-recipients-cant-purchase-groceries-online/2107724/

quote:
Most Americans on food stamps must shop at stores, risking coronavirus exposure

The stay-at-home orders leave low-income people on food stamps especially vulnerable, and millions more are expected to qualify for benefits in a recession.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/07/americans-food-stamps-coronavirus-exposure-173248
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Live streaming USA network news sources: alternatives to YouTube-ists

* https://abcnews.go.com/Live

* https://www.cbsnews.com/live/#x
use LIVE dropdown menu for particular cities

* https://www.nbcnews.com/now
* https://www.nbc.com/general/pages/local-stations

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
US & S Korea [once] had similar curves but the latter flattened theirs.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/unmasking-differing-us-and-south-korean-approaches-covid-19

I bought a pack of SafetyWorks NIOSH N95 disposable respirator masks back in February.
Had I known better I'd a bought N99 masks or better yet ones rated by PM0.3 testing.
But even that is larger than a coronavirus virion (.01 is its size). But wait.
 -

quote:
How Big Are Coronavirus Particles?

Scientists have already used electron microscopes to measure how big the corona virus is. Coronavirus virions (or ‘particles’) are spherical particles with diameters of approximately 125 nm (0.125 microns). The smallest particles are 0.06 microns, and the largest are 0.14 microns.

particles as small as 0.3 microns. That’s about 3 times bigger than the coronavirus. Research shows that particles 0.3 microns in diameter are the hardest to capture. So if a mask does a good job at capturing particles 0.3 microns in diameter, then we can be confident it can also capture smaller, 0.1 micron particles.

Why Are 0.01-Micron Particles Actually Easier to Capture?

It seems counterintuitive that 0.3 microns would be harder to capture than 0.01 microns—that’s 30 times smaller. But the root of the problem is our intuition to think of HEPA filters like a net. If a particle is smaller than the holes in the net, it gets through. So the smaller the particle, the harder it is to capture. Makes sense!

That logic works for big objects like marbles.

But when we get to really small particles – like particles under 0.3 microns, things start getting weird. Particles that small have so little mass that they actually get bounced around like a pinball when they hit gas molecules (known as Brownian Motion). So they move in random zigzag patterns.

These tiny particles are small enough to fit through HEPA filters if they flew straight. But because they fly in zigzag patterns, they end up hitting the fibers and getting stuck.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/do-pollution-masks-work/

Conclusion:
[N95] Masks capture even the smallest particles—even while people are wearing them—and they have documented health benefits. That should be enough to satisfy even the skeptics!

Lysol Disinfectant Spray -- Alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Saccharinate (link)
not to be confused with
Lysol Disinfectant Cleaner -- N-alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride (link)

has had Human Coronavirus on it's label for years already.
It works on soft surfaces so spraying a used respirator kills trapped virus.
This is just my uniformed layman's opinion, so don't sue me.
I use my respirator masks in 4 day cycles to kill Novel Human Coronavirus.
I.E. Use a mask on Sunday but not again till Thursday.

https://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/post/21536

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
if you use a cloth mask on top of the N95 it might reduce a little, the amount of virus particles that might land on the surface of an N95 or reduce plain dirt that can reduce the mask life reuse

Lysol is not advised to disinfect a mask as far as I have seen, it may be bad to breathe in or degrade the mask but I'm not sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGEd3LVUFVU

saw one video using alcohol but peroxide might be better. What the did was mist the mask and then put it in a ziploc for 10 minutes

Peter Tsai, the inventor of the process used to make the material in the masks, told VICE News that the UV method is risky for that very reason. He also said that using alcohol to disinfect the masks should be out of the question. Each mask has an electrostatic charge that attracts and traps particles, but alcohol penetrates the fibers and erases that charge.

Instead, Tsai said he’s researching blasting masks with temperatures above 150 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes at a time, which he believes could kill the virus while maintaining the structural integrity of the masks. He said his research will be published later this week.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/y3mjyk/were-literally-just-spraying-it-with-alcohol-how-doctors-and-nurses-are-cleaning-their-masks

Different Lysol products contain different active ingredients. Examples of active ingredients used in Lysol products:[citation needed]

ethanol/SD Alcohol, 40 1–3%; fluid that acts as sanitizer
isopropyl alcohol, 1–2%; partly responsible for Lysol's strong odor; acts as sanitizing agent and removes odor
p-Chloro-o-benzylphenol, 5–6%; antiseptic
o-Phenylphenol, 0.1%; antiseptic; in use circa 1980s
potassium hydroxide, 3–4%
Alkyl (50% C14, 40% C12, 10% C16) dimethylbenzyl ammonium saccharinate, 0.10%; microbiocide
alkyl (C12-C18) dimethylbenzylammonium chloride, 0.08%; antiseptic
aAlkyl (C12-C16) dimethylbenzylammonium chloride, 0.02%; antiseptic
lactic acid as an antiseptic.
hydrogen peroxide

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Coronavirus impacting minorities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TUc0iDWzfE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLiwwOf4io8

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
African American church in Harlem loses 9 members to Coronavirus

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/us/harlem-african-american-church-covid-deaths/index.html

One Harlem church. 9 coronavirus deaths

The Rev. Johnnie Green dreads answering his cell phone these days, fearing another call about a member of his Harlem congregation succumbing to the coronavirus.
Mount Neboh Baptist Church, a fixture in the cultural center of black America, has lost 11 parishioners in the last month, nine to Covid-19, according to Green and church members. Two died of natural causes.
"We deal with death all the time but we've never had to deal with a succession of death like now," said Green, who has been ministering to his flock via Facebook Live and Zoom from the dining room of his New Jersey home. "It was as if every other day I was getting a call that another parishioner had passed."

Even after four decades in the ministry, the experience overwhelms Green. The mounting death toll leaves little time for proper grieving.
"We see a lot of violence," Green said via Zoom. "We see gang activity from time to time. I've had to preside over the funerals of kids who were literally killed outside the doors of the church. But we've never seen anything like this."
The pandemic has hit black Americans especially hard. It has fallen on Green's close-knit congregation with unrelenting ferocity.

Black people are more likely than other Americans to have underlying health issues such as diabetes, heart disease and lung disease. They're also statistically more likely to live in poverty, with less access to health insurance.
"You know that saying, "When white America catches a cold, black America catches pneumonia," said Green, 57, a Dallas native.
From behind Mount Neboh's wrought iron gates and six ionic columns, the former synagogue is an early symbol of the ravages of the pandemic in African American communities across the country.
"I have never lost that many church members in thirty days," said Green, the pastor since 2006. "It's unfathomable. These are people who five weeks ago were sitting in the congregation. These were active members. People who sang in the choir and served in the ministry."

The first parishioner to die from the virus was Cathy Williams, 65, a choir leader and minister in training. She was at church the second Sunday in March, according to the pastor.
"She took ill on Monday and went in the hospital on Tuesday," Green said. "Six days later she was gone. She was wonderful. A mother and grandmother... Her family ran a laundry business for years."
Nia Mensah, 39, a physical therapist who has been volunteering on a prayer hotline set up for anxious parishioners, recalled that Williams sang at her wedding in 2010.
"Her passing broke my heart," Mensah said.

On Monday, Green presided over a graveside service for Williams at a New Jersey cemetery. Only one person was allowed to attend. Her family designated him as their representative. He took pictures for them.
"They came from Harlem to the cemetery in a procession and then they had to leave because of the restrictions," Green said.

The virus also claimed the life of Shirley Miller, 70, a deaconess who assisted with baptisms and communion. She was a retired school crossing guard.
"She was all about the family," recalled her 36-year-old son, Frederick, a minister at Mount Neboh.
Miller told him she wasn't feeling well when he visited on March 13. She had a hard time sitting up. Still, the next day she attended his girlfriend's baby shower. "I remember her smiling," he said.
Three days later, Shirley Miller, lapsing in and out of consciousness, was rushed by ambulance to a hospital.
Her last words to her daughter: "Tell Fred, don't worry about me. Don't come to the hospital. Make sure his girlfriend and the baby are good," according to her son. She was intubated that day.
On March 24, a doctor called Frederick Miller. His mother wasn't going to make it. A nurse set up a brief video chat. Through a partition he could see his mother behind a tangle of IV lines and breathing tubes.

"I told her I loved her and missed her, not knowing that was the last time I would see her," he said over the phone. "She couldn't see or hear me but I believe she (felt) me."
Shirley Miller died a few hours later.
"People need to take this seriously," Frederick Miller said. "This virus not only killed my mother and eight people from Mount Neboh, but I know at least 15 other people who have passed from it."

Mount Neboh has 1,200 members from throughout the city and surrounding suburbs, Green said. Between 500 and 600 worshipers filled its pews most Sundays before the virus locked down New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic.
"We have people who are essential workers," the pastor said. "They work for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. They work in group homes and nursing homes and hospitals. So many people were stricken so fast we were not even able to trace of the origin."
The Rev. Sandra Baker, executive pastor, began reciting the names of the deceased church members -- mostly women -- during an interview the other day, one after the other: "Let me see, deaconess Miller, deaconess Cathy Williams, trustee Ruthann, mother Helen ... Mrs. Datcher, trustee Thomas..."
She paused, then added, "They showed up at Sunday school. They showed up at Bible enrichment leadership training. They were involved in the life of the church. They realized when you have a relationship with the Lord it's more than just on Sunday morning. Some of them were great listeners."

The deaths were like they lost nine family members at one time, Mensah said.

"For me, it's like losing a few aunties," she said. "These were people who encouraged me over the years."
She fondly remembered Michelle Donaldson, the most recent fatality.
"She was the sweetest spirit," Mensah recalled. "She just gave the biggest hugs. Always smiling, even if she wasn't feeling well. She was always so warm. To know I won't see her again, on this side, is devastating.
Donaldson, a choir singer, was in her late 50s. She had underlying health issues, the pastor said. She died in her Harlem apartment.
"She loved my kids," Mensah said. "I'm on the dance ministry. She knows I loved to dance. My children love to dance. She called us 'the Soul Train family.'"
Green himself became ill around the second Sunday in March. He said he had the now familiar symptoms of the virus. He wasn't tested. He was diagnosed with what a doctor said was a severe sinus infection and respiratory issues. Green said he was prescribed antibiotics and told to quarantine at home, where he has recovered.
He has been leaning on fellow clergy members and friends in states such as Illinois and Louisiana, where the virus has also devastated black communities.
"This is what's getting me through right now," he said. "Now I'm looking at how long is it going to take our church to recover? How long for us to rebuild? The members we lost were iconic. Some were the pillars of this church. I don't think we'll ever get back to normalcy."

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Crowds returned to beaches in Jacksonville Friday after Florida’s governor gave the green light for some to reopen if done safely – as a new model significantly dropped the number of forecasted fatalities in the Sunshine State.

Cheers could be heard at 5 p.m. when barriers to Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville Beach and Neptune Beach came down. Hundreds of people were subsequently pictured enjoying their newfound freedom.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jacksonville-florida-beaches-reopen-coronavirus-phase-1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/79j5dgPppHiS2VBFBw3VH0EB0CQ=/1440x0/smart/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/72EXVIEBGUI6VBGCA6JNQWIZCE.jpg

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Explainer: Why are some South Koreans who recovered from the coronavirus testing positive again

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean health officials are investigating several possible explanations for a small but growing number of recovered coronavirus patients who later test positive for the virus again.

Among the main possibilities are re-infection, a relapse, or inconsistent tests, experts say.

South Korea had reported 141 such cases as of Thursday, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).

RE-INFECTION OR RELAPSE?

Although re-infection would be the most concerning scenario because of its implications for developing immunity in a population, both the KCDC and many experts say this is unlikely.

Instead, the KCDC says it is leaning toward some kind of relapse or “re-activation” in the virus.

A relapse could mean that parts of the virus go into some kind of dormant state for a time, or that some patients may have certain conditions or weak immunity that makes them susceptible to the virus reviving in their system, experts said.

A recent study by doctors in China and the United States suggested the new coronavirus can damage T lymphocytes, also known as T cells, which play a central role the body’s immune system and ability to battle infections.

Kim Jeong-ki, a virologist at the Korea University College of Pharmacy, compared a relapse after treatment to a spring that snaps back after being pressed down.

“When you press down a spring it becomes smaller, then when you take your hands off, the spring pops up,” he said.

Even if the patients are found to have relapsed rather than to have been re-infected, it could signal new challenges for containing the spread of the virus.

“South Korean health authorities still haven’t found cases where the ‘reactivated’ patients spread the virus to third parties, but if such infectiousness is proven, that would be a huge problem,” said Seol Dai-wu, an expert in vaccine development and a professor at Chung-Ang University.

~Reuters.com
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
African American church in Harlem loses 9 members to Coronavirus

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/us/harlem-african-american-church-covid-deaths/index.html

One Harlem church. 9 coronavirus deaths

And some people are still comparing it to the flu. smh

As if these things happened like that every year.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Swedish government > no Lock Down

-

Sweden claims coronavirus success after keeping country open, says herd immunity imminent
By KATE FELDMAN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
APR 19, 2020

Criticized for refusing to lock down, Sweden’s top health official says herd immunity is inevitable and took credit for the slowing of coronavirus numbers.

“According to our modelers, we are starting to see so many immune people in the population in Stockholm that it is starting to have an effect on the spread of the infection,” Anders Tegnell, who led the charge to keep Sweden open, told local media. “Our models point to some time in May.”

Despite social distancing guidelines from the World Health Organization, Sweden has resisted lockdowns, instead keeping open schools, gyms, bars and restaurants and relying on citizens to caution themselves.

Tegnell’s comments echo thoughts about herd immunity, in which most of the population is infected with the assumption that those who survive will not be infected again, floated by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. But Johnson eventually folded to the advice of health officials and shut down the United Kingdom.

The WHO has also insisted that there’s no evidence yet that coronavirus antibodies leave the infected immune.

So far, 14,385 people in Sweden have tested positive for coronavirus. Of those, 1,540 have died.

But Tegnell said the death toll “is not a failure for the overall strategy.”

“It is a failure to protect our elderly who live in care homes,” he said.

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh8l2LlvdHk

people in Sweden say the media is exaggerating

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
From my understanding Sweden is a place with a lot of rural places, where people by proximity don't live close to each other. In other words there is a lot of space pp. And the living standard on average is higher than in the U.S.

What has exposed the U.S. is the healthcare system. This is the reason why Sweden has been so successful in combating the spread of COVID-19.

quote:
with the assumption that those who survive will not be infected again,…
So do not base it on data, but on assumptions?

quote:
Despite the hospital release criteria set by Beijing, doctors say some people are being allowed home while still infected with the disease.

But new tests are in development that could make the diagnostic process more effective.

A number of coronavirus patients in mainland China have tested positive for infection after earlier being cleared, according to official figures, though medical experts say it is unlikely they were infected twice and have warned against releasing people from hospital prematurely.

As of Tuesday, the virus had infected more than 80,000 people in mainland China, of whom more than 47,000 had been released from hospital, official data showed.

MSN
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
This is an excellent opportunity to review the 5G network in Sweden, which was launched in 2018.
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Swedes in general are more disciplined about their local social
norms and processes compared to say America, where you might have "patriots"
with guns protesting "socialism" because their state govt says take precautions
in an unprecedented and uncertain situation. The Swedes might
see more success with citizen self-regulation but they will not be immune
from problems.

I remember some website saying, England was considering a herd immunity
model as an option in handling the crisis, but the downside is that
you may have to let many people die before the immunity develops or for less
virulent strains to take over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu#End_of_the_pandemic

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5906 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Less than half of L.A. County residents still have jobs amid coronavirus crisis

Because of the colossal impact that the coronavirus outbreak has had on the U.S. economy, less than half of Los Angeles County residents — 45% compared with 61% in mid-March — still hold a job, a decline of 16 percentage points, or an estimated 1.3 million jobs, according to findings from a national survey released Friday.

The survey also suggests that 25.5 million jobs have been potentially lost across the U.S. since mid-March, and that people of color, especially black Americans, are more likely to have lost their jobs since mid-March.

Nationally, 15% of white people said they had lost their jobs, while 18% of Latinos and 21% of black people reported job losses.

But a significant majority of job losses, 67% nationally, were reported as temporary layoffs. Angelenos reported similar experiences.

“Under normal circumstances losing a job without access to benefits would be bad enough, but in the current situation, chances of finding a new job are likely to be close to nonexistent,” Arie Kapteyn, director of the USC Dornsife Center for Economic and Social Research, which administers the tracking survey, said in a statement. “These changes are nothing less than catastrophic for those affected.”

The Understanding Coronavirus in America Study, led by the USC Dornsife Center, has been surveying a panel of nearly 5,500 adults in the United States about their perceptions and attitudes regarding the coronavirus outbreak and how it’s affecting their lives since mid-March.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-17/usc-coronavirus-survey

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! That's crazy for the Black Angelenos as the are a minority in every sense of the word and are hit harder by job loss.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^Its a bit confusing, but the numbers cited in the article of 21% blacks being jobless is National and not specific to LA
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
Wow! That's crazy for the Black Angelenos as the are a minority in every sense of the word and are hit harder by job loss.

They already were disfranchised. And from what I understand it's almost a requirement to speak Spanish to get a jobs in that region.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
President Trump said he will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend immigration to the United States, citing “the attack from the Invisible Enemy” and “the need to protect” American jobs. Such a ban would be unprecedented in U.S. history.

Meanwhile, as some European and Asian nations loosen coronavirus lockdowns and gradually reopen businesses, the Republican governors of Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee said they will scale back restrictions in their states. The announcements came amid a deepening national debate over potentially exacerbating a public health crisis to revive the shattered economy.

Here are some significant developments:

quote:

-The United States is nearing 800,000 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, with more than 42,000 deaths reported. This is a significant portion of the 2.5 million infections and more than 170,000 covid-19 deaths that have been reported worldwide.

-The Food and Drug Administration approved the first coronavirus test that allows patients to collect nasal samples at home to mail in for testing.

-Oil extended its slide a day after a historic collapse in U.S. crude sent prices below $0 per barrel; stock markets were down across the globe including on Wall Street, where the Dow was down nearly 700 points at midday.

-Italy, Spain and Britain all reported increases in new fatalities on Tuesdays, though experts have cautioned that the numbers being counted during the week fluctuate as there is a lag in cases counted at the weekend.

-Munich has canceled its famed Oktoberfest event that attracts some 6 million people, despite plans in Germany to gradually ease restrictions. The Spanish city of Pamplona canceled its annual running of the bulls. The Scripps National Spelling Bee outside Washington will not be held for the first time since 1945.

-Trump will meet with New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) at the White House on Tuesday. New York has been ravaged by the virus, and the two leaders have clashed over the government’s pandemic response.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/21/coronavirus-latest-news/
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/second-coronavirus-cdc-director-robert-redfield/index.html

CDC chief says there could be second, possibly worse coronavirus outbreak this winter[

A second coronavirus outbreak could emerge this winter in conjunction with the flu season to make for an even more dire health crisis, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told The Washington Post in an interview.
"There's a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through," CDC Director Robert Redfield said in a story published Tuesday. "And when I've said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don't understand what I mean."
"We're going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time," he added, predicting a dual assault on the health care system.
While there are shots to help prevent the flue and drugs to help treat it -- unlike with the novel coronavirus, which still has no approved treatment or vaccine -- it remains a deadly infection.

The flu season has been underway since September, and while flu activity now is considered low, the season has seen a high number of hospitalizations and infections, killing at least 168 children, according to the CDC. Last year, the flu killed at least 34,200 Americans, according to the CDC, and made an estimated 35.5 million people sick.
To have both the flu and the coronavirus circulating at the same time could overwhelm hospitals and doctors' offices that are already stretched thin in a bad flu season.
Redfield's comments come as several governors look to partially reopen their states' economies by loosening some restrictions aimed at limiting the spread of the virus -- despite concerns of subsequent increases in coronavirus cases.

Protesters have come out in multiple states against governors' orders that largely adhere to federal guidelines, and President Donald Trump has encouraged them to "LIBERATE" their states in tweets.
When asked about the protests and the subsequent calls to open states earlier, Redfield said that "it's not helpful."

While Trump unveiled guidance last week to help states loosen their social distancing restrictions, Redfield called for state officials to spend the next few months preparing for the next phase by continuing to tout social distancing and scaling up testing and contact tracing.
Looking ahead, Redfield cited the need for a preventative campaign to emphasize the importance of flu shots to reduce flu hospitalizations. He said that getting a flu vaccine "may allow there to be a hospital bed available for your mother or grandmother that may get coronavirus."

CNN's Paul LeBlanc and Scottie Andrew contributed to this report.

Paid Content

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
4/22/2020

New York City

population estimate 8,398,748

coronavirus deaths 10,301

percentage of population dead from coronavirus .00122649233%

-keep in mind, if there were no countermeasures, no lockdowns and no face masks these figures would be exponentially higher

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
4/22/2020

New York City

I would be at ease if there was better administration upstream.
On the ground the story is more nuanced. For perspective you have to look at the percentages of people dying out of the resolved* cases and not the total population. ~25,000 people recovered and ~10,000 have died, that's 28%, and this is of 250,000 active cases, which will grow and can possibly get worse. (which is why I'm concerned with what officials are doing.)

On a personal note my colleagues across multiple hospitals report to me an average of about 10 deaths a day (each hospital) & To us in that field it's a lot. And most of them don't seem optimistic. And that is admittedly troublesome for me, because most of those "colleagues" are friends if they aren't straight up my family members. Not to mention those in the field who have died as well.

Posts: 1782 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
quote:
[qb] 4/22/2020

New York City

I would be at ease if there was better administration upstream.

I don't know what this is pertaining to.

Also note I have added an addition to my previous comment

quote:
~25,000 people recovered and ~10,000 have died, that's 28%

28% of what?

If you put the figres you have mentioned here into a complete sentence that includes " 28% of " it's not going to make sense

quote:

On a personal note my colleagues across multiple hospitals report to me an average of about 10 deaths a day (each hospital) & To us in that field it's a lot. And most of them don't seem optimistic. And that is admittedly troublesome for me, because most of those "colleagues" are friends if they aren't straight up my family members. Not to mention those in the field who have died as well.

the deaths per day are going down, nevertheless I know some old family members in New York and I worry about them. Governor Cuomo said 80% of people who go on ventilators never come off them and there is also a chance of a second wave maybe in the fall or next winter
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
-The United States is nearing 800,000 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, with more than 42,000 deaths reported. This is a significant portion of the 2.5 million infections and more than 170,000 covid-19 deaths that have been reported worldwide.

The way the trend has been you can estimate 60% of them dying.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
the deaths per day are going down, nevertheless I know some old family members in New York and I worry about them. Governor Cuomo said 80% of people who go on ventilators never come off them and there is also a chance of a second wave maybe in the fall or next winter

The rate has gone down due to people being quarantined. Most people still haven't been exposed to COVID-19, it's been only a small percentage who has. It's only logic that the number will increase if the country opens up, and infected people start spreading it. Especially during colder seasons like the winter.

You only need 1 person to infect thousands.

See the Chinese man who went to France, and the other countries were it spread creating this pandemic.

Lastly, there are people at home dying or who have died already. But due to them being in quarantine are not a known case.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't know what this is pertaining to.

The white house and everything downstream until you arrive at the Mayor.
quote:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elmaestro:
~25,000 people recovered and ~10,000 have died, that's 28%

quote:
28% of what?

If you put the figres you have mentioned here into a complete sentence that includes " 28% of " it's not going to make sense

"For perspective you have to look at the percentages of people dying out of the resolved* cases and not the total population. ~25,000 people recovered and ~10,000 have died, that's 28%, and this is of 250,000 active cases, which will grow and can possibly get worse."

Resolved cases 35,000
Deaths 10,000
% of deaths of resolved cases 28%

quote:
Well if we do a 4 day average you'll be right, but yesterday recorded the highest number of deaths in a single day in the US... I wouldn't look forward to a second wave yet, when the first one haven't gone anywhere. The infection rates are slowing down (ish).
Posts: 1782 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
10:05 GMT - Germany approves first trial of COVID-19 vaccine candidate

quote:
Germany's vaccines regulator approved live human testing of a potential vaccine against the COVID-19 virus developed by German biotech company BioNTech.

The trial, only the fourth worldwide of a preventive agent targeting the virus behind the global pandemic, will be conducted on 200 healthy people aged between 18 and 55 in the first stage, and on further people, including those at higher risk from the disease, in a second stage.

BioNTech said it was developing the vaccine candidate, named BNT162, together with its partner, pharma giant Pfizer.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/warns-hunger-coronavirus-cases-top-25m-live-updates-200421233559829.html

More here

https://www.ft.com/content/0be0cb59-96e9-4b70-9fd9-79bab5f77962

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
First Coronavirus death in the U.S was as early as Feb.6th

California says a person who died February 6 had COVID-19, suggesting the first US coronavirus death happened at least 3 weeks earlier than previously thought

quote:
California's Santa Clara County on Tuesday announced that two people who died in their homes in February later tested positive for the new coronavirus, suggesting that the first COVID-19 death in the US occurred weeks earlier than previously thought.

In a statement Tuesday, officials from Santa Clara County said the medical examiner tested three people who died in their homes for coronavirus. One person died February 6, another February 17, and a third on March 6.

According to the statement, the tests were sent to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which confirmed on Tuesday that all three patients tested positive for coronavirus.

The US recorded its first official death from COVID-19 on February 28 — a man in his 50s in Washington state. The new data suggests the country's first death occurred at least three weeks prior.

California confirmed its first coronavirus death on March 4 — an elderly patient in Placer County, near Sacramento. Santa Clara County, which includes San Jose in the Bay Area, initially recorded its first death on March 9 — a woman in her 60s.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Miami-Dade passes 10,000 cases, 1,000 hospitalizations as DeSantis says curve is flattening

quote:
As Florida nears 28,000 novel coronavirus cases, Miami-Dade County has become the first county in the state to surpass 10,000 cases and exceed 1,000 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Department of Health’s Tuesday evening report.

Gov. Ron DeSantis, in a Tuesday press conference, said the state’s coronavirus curve has flattened.

Since Monday evening, the state has seen 811 more cases and 44 new deaths, bringing the statewide case total to 27,869 and the statewide death toll to 867. Health officials reported 374 more cases and 28 new deaths since Tuesday morning.

Of the 44 new deaths, 23 came from South Florida.

Miami-Dade County saw 10 new deaths and registered 10,056 confirmed cases and 1,029 hospitalizations. The county has the state’s highest death toll at 233.

The 10 new deaths included six men ranging in age from 52 to 90 and four women between the ages of 38 and 80, according to the health department.

Broward County saw four new deaths, which included a 40-year-old woman and three men between the ages of 56 and 93.

Palm Beach County saw nine more people die due to the virus since Monday night, including a 93-year-old woman and eight men between the ages of 62 and 93.

The statewide and county-level data for COVID-19 hospitalizations includes anyone who was hospitalized during their illness and “does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized,” according to Florida’s Department of Health. The health agency does not “have a figure” to reflect current hospitalization data.

Health officials say the state has had 4,226 hospitalizations relating to COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Of the total confirmed cases statewide, 27,127 are Florida residents and 742 are non-residents.

The number of new coronavirus cases reported by the Florida Department of Health has been volatile over the past month. Although DeSantis says the state is seeing a flattening, case data since March may not be complete.

The end of March saw Florida’s cases grow tenfold, going from 100 new cases a day to more than 1,000.

By March 24, Florida recorded 1,467 cases statewide. A week later, by March 31, total cases soared to 6,741, an increase of 5,274 cases.

The first week of April, from March 29 to April 4, saw an increase of 6,595 statewide cases, from 4,950 on March 29 to to 11,545 on April 4.

The second week saw an increase of 6,636 cases, from 12,350 on April 5 to 18,986 on April 11.

The third week saw an increase of 5,597 cases, from 19,895 on April 12 to 25,492 on April 18, or slightly less than 1,000 new cases a day. On April 17, the state recorded its highest number of cases in a single day, at 1,413 confirmed cases.

In the fourth week, it is too soon to say if the numbers represent a new downward trend. Health experts are concerned the statewide total number of confirmed cases is significantly undercounted because Florida reports only the number of Floridians waiting to hear test results from state labs, not private ones — and private labs are completing more than 90% of state tests.

The results of thousands of pending tests from private labs have taken as long as two weeks to be added to the state’s official count. The state’s website does not say its figures exclude the vast majority of pending tests for the novel coronavirus.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

~25,000 people recovered and ~10,000 have died, that's 28%, and this is of 250,000 active cases, which will grow and can possibly get worse.[/i]"

Resolved cases 35,000
Deaths 10,000
% of deaths of resolved cases 28%

The math here is still not clearly stated to me step by step so I can see how this makes sense
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
China And South Korea Offer A Glimpse At Life After Shelter-In-Place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaR1StKajvY

Posts: 2566 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
This is the grim reality, even when the Social Distancing is eased most people are going to be afraid to go out in large groups plus the threat of a second wave is another problem to deal with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiBaCL5qo8

We need a Vaccine and better testing procedures

quote:
Originally posted by Firewall:
China And South Korea Offer A Glimpse At Life After Shelter-In-Place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaR1StKajvY

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
constant flip-flopping

Trump reverses course, says it's 'too soon' for Georgia Gov. Kemp to reopen state
The president said he told Gov. Brian Kemp "I disagree strongly" with his decision to reopen nail salons and tattoo parlors — but he won't stop him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-reverses-course-says-too-soon-georgia-reopen-n1190061

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com