EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Afrocentrism strikes again (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Afrocentrism strikes again
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firewall:

Most north africans live in the eastern part of north africa. [/QB]

We are discussing Berbers, and historically, Egyptians have been more closely linked to the Middle East.
Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Antalas:
quote:

Most north africans live in the eastern part of north africa.

We are discussing Berbers, and historically, Egyptians have been more closely linked to the Middle East. [/QB]
Pre-Dynastic and Dynastic Egypt is north northeast africa and Ancient Native egyptians(upper egypt is where most of the population of ancient egyptians lived not lower egypt)has been more closely linked with north africa and northeast east africa with influences from southwest asia but it is a african civilization,not a southwest asian one.
Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Garamantes.
The first berber civilization/kingdom was not even in northwest africa by the way.

The first Berber kingdom/civilization(most were black africans) was in southern libya and not on the coast.

So the first berber civilization/kingdom was a black berber one.

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
That map does'nt make sense though as the "Berbers" or what we call them today have been in N/A for thousands of years, and people resembling the Leuko N/A aka "Berbers" were even depicted on the Temple walls of Km.t....I doubt they're "Invaders"

quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
 -

quote:
Haratines are clearly distinguished from black Africans and mestizos despite their proximity. In a detailed study on the population of Idélès (500 inhabitants in 1970) and in which we participated with Dr. Ph. Lefèvre-Witier, the latter remarks that: “Contrary to what a superficial observation of the village would suggest and despite the relatively large gene flows, the probability of which we have studied, the fusion of genetic heritages still seems not very marked in Idélès. Quite distinct entities remain: Harratines, Tuaregs, Isseqqamarenes, former Iklans /slaves/, and this appears quite clearly in the different methods of analysis used” (Ph. Lefèvre-Witier, 1996 , p. 235).

20With the spectacular evolution of genetic analysis methods in recent years (particularly concerning DNA), it is now possible to assess more and more precisely the specific and original characteristics of these populations for too long considered as a by-product of slavery whereas they are one of the oldest components of the Saharan population.

-

https://journals.openedition.org/encyclopedieberbere/1704

The map is from an academic paper go argue with it not me.

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2706 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
Alright back to Topic:

The Book of Clarence

A struggling down-on-his-luck man named Clarence living in 29 A.D. Jerusalem looks to capitalize on the rise of Jesus Christ by claiming to be a new Messiah sent by God, in an attempt to free himself of debt and start a life of glory for himself.

Was Jesus a real man or a myth?

Dr. Charles Copher breaks down all the Kushites/Midianites in Jesus ancestry per the bible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twTFuL1Wwog

Dr Charles Copher Blacks in the Bible

--------------------

Posts: 2706 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
Pre-Dynastic and Dynastic Egypt is north northeast africa and Ancient Native egyptians(upper egypt is where most of the population of ancient egyptians lived not lower egypt)has been more closely linked with north africa and northeast east africa with influences from southwest asia,east africa and northeast africa but it's a african civilization,not a southwest asian one. [/QB]

Please focus on the conversation. Egyptians share stronger connections with Middle Eastern populations rather than Berbers. This is one of the reasons why Egypt is often regarded as part of the Middle East. :

-

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Egyptians share stronger connections with Middle Eastern populations

what's a cultural example?
Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
[QB] The Garamantes.
The first berber civilization/kingdom was not even in northwest africa by the way.

The first Berber kingdom/civilization(most were black africans) was in southern libya and not on the coast.

First "berber civilization" based on what ? There has never been a unified "Berber civilization". What are you referring to ? The original Garamantes were Berbers who migrated from the North and mixed with the indigenous populations of Fezzan, as well as the slaves they brought from further south. This is why their remains display a heterogeneous nature. Additionally, the Garamantes did not play a significant role in the establishment of states further north.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Pre-Dynastic and Dynastic Egypt is north northeast africa and Ancient Native egyptians(upper egypt is where most of the population of ancient egyptians lived not lower egypt)has been more closely linked with north africa and northeast east africa with influences from southwest asia,east africa and northeast africa but it's a african civilization,not a southwest asian one.

Please focus on the conversation. Egyptians share stronger connections with Middle Eastern populations rather than Berbers. This is one of the reasons why Egypt is often regarded as part of the Middle East. :

- [/QB]

Most Ancient Egyptians were not from the middle east.
The ancient egyptians or most of them are north africans.

A brief review of studies and comments on ancient Egyptian biological relationships
quote:

A review of studies covering the biological relationship of the ancient Egyptians was undertaken. An overview of the data from the studies suggests that the major biological affinities of early southern Egyptians lay with tropical Africans. The range of indigenous tropical African phenotypes is great; and this range of variation must be considered in any discussion of the Nile Valley peoples. The early southern Egyptians belonged primarily to an African descent group which gained some Near Eastern affinity through gene flow with the passage of time.

-

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02444602#page-1

"The ancient Egyptians were not 'white' in any European sense, nor were they 'Caucasian'... we can say that the earliest population of ancient Egypt included African people from the upper Nile, African people from the regions of the Sahara and modern Libya, and smaller numbers of people who had come from south-western Asia and perhaps the Arabian penisula."

--Robert Morkot (2005). The Egyptians: An Introduction. pp. 12-13

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QB] The Garamantes.

First "berber civilization" based on what ? There has never been a unified "Berber civilization". What are you referring to ? The original Garamantes were Berbers who migrated from the North and mixed with the indigenous populations of Fezzan, as well as the slaves they brought from further south. This is why their remains display a heterogeneous nature. Additionally, the Garamantes did not play a significant role in the establishment of states further north.
Garamantes

quote:
The Garamantes (Ancient Greek: Γαράμαντες, romanized: Garámantes; Latin: Garamantes) were an ancient civilisation based primarily in the southern region of Libya.They were descended from Berber tribes and Saharan pastoralists. The Garamantes settled in the Fezzan region by at least 1000 BC, and by the late 7th century AD, the Garamantian civilization had come to an end.

It says above the Garamantes came from berber tribes and Saharan pastoralists.

The original Garamantes lived in southern libya.
There was no Garamantes in the northern coast of africa and the Fezzan is still north africa.

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
quote:
quote:
[QB] The Garamantes.

Garamantes

quote:
The Garamantes (Ancient Greek: Γαράμαντες, romanized: Garámantes; Latin: Garamantes) were an ancient civilisation based primarily in the southern region of Libya.[1] They were descended from Berber tribes and Saharan pastoralists.[1][2] The Garamantes settled in the Fezzan region by at least 1000 BC,[3] and by the late 7th century AD, the Garamantian civilization had come to an end.[4]

It says above the Garamantes came from berber tribes and Saharan pastoralists.

The original Garamantes lived in southern libya.
There was no Garamantes in the northern coast of africa and the Fezzan is still north africa.

Ok thanks for showing that you have no proper arguments.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
Ok thanks for showing that you have no proper arguments.

I do.
Those berbers were black or most of them that came to the Fezzan.
Most berbers were black at that time even further north.

You saying that most berbers were non black around 1000 b.c. is false.
Most ethnic berbers were still black at that time.

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
I do.

Most ethnic berbers were still black at that time. [/QB]

No, you haven't addressed any of the questions I posed, and there is no supporting evidence for your fancy Afrocentric claims.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
I do.

Most ethnic berbers were still black at that time.

No, you haven't addressed any of the questions I posed, and there is no supporting evidence for your fancy Afrocentric claims. [/QB]
If i said there are blacks living arabia is that Afrocentric?
If i said there are were some whites that live in ancient india,is that euro-centric?
What you said is just incorrect non-sense.
You did not ask me any questions above by the way and i what i said is the truth.

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:

No, because the slave trade brought many Zanj to the Arabian Peninsula. However, if you argue that ancient Arabs were black, then that perspective could be considered Afrocentric.

quote:
Originally posted by Firewall: If i said there are were some whites that live in ancient india,is that euro-centric?
That's not necessarily eurocentric because of the Indo-European/Steppe invasion, but also as a result of Alexander the Great's conquest of India.

quote:
Originally posted by Firewall: What you said is just incorrect non-sense.
You did not ask me any questions above by the way and i what i said is the truth.

I asked questions and you're of course unable to answer. None of your statements align with the facts, as they lack support from genetics and anthropology.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Egyptians share stronger connections with Middle Eastern populations

what's a cultural example?
Arabs are not a homogeneous group
Which Arabs?

quote:
he Arab conquest of Egypt took place between 639 and 646 AD. The conquest was led by Amr ibn al-As and overseen by the Rashidun Caliphate. The conquest ended the seven-century-long period of Roman rule over Egypt

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

No, because the slave trade brought many Zanj to the Arabian Peninsula. However, if you argue that ancient Arabs were black, then that perspective could be considered Afrocentric.

quote:
Originally posted by Firewall: If i said there are were some whites that live in ancient india,is that euro-centric?
That's not necessarily eurocentric because of the Indo-European/Steppe invasion, but also as a result of Alexander the Great's conquest of India.

quote:

I asked questions and you're of course unable to answer. None of your statements align with the facts, as they lack support from genetics and anthropology.

That is actually the ancient Greek perspective of ancient Arabs.

--------------------

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Again If i said there are blacks living arabia is that Afrocentric?
If i said there are were some whites that live in ancient india,is that euro-centric?
Incorrect.

I posted facts,you did not about the berbers and like i said you did not ask me any questions.
By the way i said blacks live in arabia,i never said if most were arabs or not.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah an academic paper is calling Berbers "invaders" sure
[Roll Eyes]
quote:
quote:
That map does'nt make sense though as the "Berbers" or what we call them today have been in N/A for thousands of years, and people resembling the Leuko N/A aka "Berbers" were even depicted on the Temple walls of Km.t....I doubt they're "Invaders"

quote:
 -

quote:
Haratines are clearly distinguished from black Africans and mestizos despite their proximity. In a detailed study on the population of Idélès (500 inhabitants in 1970) and in which we participated with Dr. Ph. Lefèvre-Witier, the latter remarks that: “Contrary to what a superficial observation of the village would suggest and despite the relatively large gene flows, the probability of which we have studied, the fusion of genetic heritages still seems not very marked in Idélès. Quite distinct entities remain: Harratines, Tuaregs, Isseqqamarenes, former Iklans /slaves/, and this appears quite clearly in the different methods of analysis used” (Ph. Lefèvre-Witier, 1996 , p. 235).

20With the spectacular evolution of genetic analysis methods in recent years (particularly concerning DNA), it is now possible to assess more and more precisely the specific and original characteristics of these populations for too long considered as a by-product of slavery whereas they are one of the oldest components of the Saharan population.

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
That is actually the ancient Greek perspective of ancient Arabs. [/QB]

Yes I'm sure ancient greeks had the same perspective as modern americans. There were people looking like Lebron James in ancient Yemen.

-

Listen to a real black scholar :

quote:
Indeed, most of these passages do not even mention lips or hair but demonstrate only that adjectives denoting color in classical texts, though used to describe several peoples darker than Greeks and Romans, by no means indicate that persons so described were Ethiopians, that is, blacks or Negroes in the modern usage of such terms

Frank M. Snowden Jr., Bernal's "Blacks" and the afrocentrists,in: Black athena revisited, The university of North Carolina Press, 1996, p. 119
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
[Roll Eyes]
quote:
quote:

quote:
 -

quote:

-

The map not the comment [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Yes I'm sure ancient greeks had the same perspective as modern americans. There were people looking like Lebron James in ancient Yemen.

-

quote:
Indeed, most of these passages do not even mention lips or hair but demonstrate only that adjectives denoting color in classical texts, though used to describe several peoples darker than Greeks and Romans, by no means indicate that persons so described were Ethiopians, that is, blacks or Negroes in the modern usage of such terms

Frank M. Snowden Jr., Bernal's "Blacks" and the afrocentrists,in: Black athena revisited, The university of North Carolina Press, 1996, p. 119 [/QB]
Black people are diverse

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

quote:

Frank M. Snowden Jr., Bernal's "Blacks" and the afrocentrists,in: Black athena revisited, The university of North Carolina Press, 1996, p. 119 [/QB]
Quit using black people gifs. Its seriously offensive especially from a racist like you

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Well, I'd say I've got my fair share of laughs at academia folks, and wouldn't put anything past them.

We allegedly got an "archaeologist" on this very site, who floods the forum with his OCD-like repetitive social commentary, walks around with giant blindspots (no one really needs to hear a white person talk about injustices against Native Americans, after the genocides all over the New World) and lacks any demonstrable archaeo expertise.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
We allegedly got an "archaeologist" on this very site, who floods the forum with his OCD-like repetitive social commentary, walks around with giant blindspots (no one really needs to hear a white person talk about injustices against Native Americans, after the genocides all over the New World) and lacks any demonstrable archaeo contributions.

[Big Grin] Without naming names, I think I know exactly which individual you're talking about. Although, like you, I question how much archaeology they've actually done.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I don't know if the original paper actually calls Amazigh "invaders". All I know is that it's where they got the map from.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Concerning Native Americans: Also a person who is not a Native American can mention different injustices that has befallen them, especially if Native Americans themselves have encouraged him to do so.

I do not know which archaeologist is referred to in some comments here, but I do not see many here who has actually worked as archaeologists, or have you?

As for me personally I have worked as an archaeologists with excavations, surveys and in museums. Not so unusual. I am hardly the only archaeologist here in Sweden.
Maybe it only seems unusual for people who themselves have not worked in that field.

I have seen some armchair historians here on ES, who not worked in the field and who pretend to be experts on countries they never even visited. Sometimes they do not even know any people in those countries [Big Grin]

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2687 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back to ancient times again. I saw a new facial reconstruction or approximation of a 9000 year old skull from Jericho, made by Cicero Moraes. Interesting to see his interpretation

-
Reconstruction of the Jericho Skull.
(photo credit: Cicero Moraes et al. /CC BY 4.0 / Ortogonline)

-
Scans of the Jericho Skull. (credit: Cicero Moraes et al. /CC BY 4.0 / Ortogonline)

More information in the thread:

Forensic and facial reconstructions

--------------------

Posts: 2687 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^

1. Ancient facial reconstructions are not infallible.

2. For arguments sake, if we accept that facial reconstruction as legitimate -- that's just some random unidentified person from Jericho. Plenty of different races/groups of people have inhabited Israel over time.

Posts: 2539 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I’m surprised you hold such extreme Afrocentric opinions. It seems that my initial judgement was correct, and you are just another Afrocentrist with simply experience in Bioinformatics. At this point it's truly pathological I don't even know what to say.

I have yet to see any concrete evidence from you that I am "anti-black" (don't start with posts on ABF that I made when I was a teenager). It seems like anyone who disagrees with your point of view is labeled as "emotional", "upset", or "unable to stand blackness". My issue is not with skin color or ethnicity, which are trivial aspects to me. Rather, my problem is with people who disrespect my people and ancestors and who appropriate our history and culture.

Furthermore, historical records do not support your point of view, as I have demonstrated multiple times. A recent example was the "Leucosyrians" brought by Djehuti which he tried to interpret literally, implying that if there are "white Syrians", then logically the rest must be "black". However, I showed that this denomination had nothing to do with skin color but was instead linked to geography (Leuco being associated with the North as those Leucosyrians lived north of Syria in Cappadocia). Unfortunately, Djehuti could not answer as usual, and there are many other examples like this that you avoid. I have also repeatedly told you that you clearly lack a deep understanding and knowledge of such topics. While you may be good in bioinformatics, when it comes to history, you are clearly out of your element. You interpret everything literally, project American identities onto ancient people, and are unable to differentiate ethnonyms from geographic labels.

Lastly, nobody said that Hollywood always casted the best actors for these kind of roles. However, it is not much of a problem when the differences between the two populations are not stark and it is also rarely politically motivated. I would not be bothered if ancient North Africans were played by Latinos or Middle Easterners. [/qb]

Nothing I said was a personal position. It's all in your head lol. Selective processing. I claimed there were historical depictions and written atestation of Jesus being interpreted as "black" for example ..It doesn't mean I believe he was or even existed for that matter. But yes, you give a typical response of pigeon holing all opposing views (to your anti black narrative) to being some Afrocentric ideal. It's lazy and I don't think you'd make such, useless, and lazy arguments if you weren't anti-black.

Just take it as a compliment, cuz If I didn't think you were anti-black, I'd just consider you a literate idiot. Just claim the former, the evidence is in your argument and drive to even create such a thread as a topic of discussion.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Quit using black people gifs. Its seriously offensive especially from a racist like you

Would it be less offensive if he used a "white" peoples GIF, or an Asian GIF?

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
quote:

Would it be less offensive if he used a "white" peoples GIF, or an Asian GIF?
Yes! He can use all the white and asian gifs he wants since they are genetically closer to him.

quote:
What is digital blackface?
Digital blackface is a practice where White people co-opt online expressions of Black imagery, slang, catchphrases or culture to convey comic relief or express emotions.

These expressions, what one commentator calls racialized reactions, are mainstays in Twitter feeds, TikTok videos and Instagram reels, and are among the most popular Internet memes.

Digital blackface involves White people play-acting at being Black, says Lauren Michele Jackson, an author and cultural critic, in an essay for Teen Vogue. Jackson says the Internet thrives on White people laughing at exaggerated displays of Blackness, reflecting a tendency among some to see “Black people as walking hyperbole.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/26/us/digital-blackface-social-media-explainer-blake-cec/index.html

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Back to ancient times again. I saw a new facial reconstruction or approximation of a 9000 year old skull from Jericho, made by Cicero Moraes. Interesting to see his interpretation

-
Reconstruction of the Jericho Skull.
(photo credit: Cicero Moraes et al. /CC BY 4.0 / Ortogonline)

-
Scans of the Jericho Skull. (credit: Cicero Moraes et al. /CC BY 4.0 / Ortogonline)

More information in the thread:

Forensic and facial reconstructions

-

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Yes! He can use all the white and asian gifs he wants since they are genetically closer to him.

Seems you are stuck in an old racialist thinking. Dividing people after genetics. Only people who are genetically close can use pictures of each other?

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Seems you are stuck in an old racialist thinking. Dividing people after genetics. Only people who are genetically close can use pictures of each other?
Black face is racist! What is not to understand? Digital black face is racist. What is there not to understand?

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
But to use white or Asian or other GIFS is not racist? Hypocrisy.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I am 60% African, 30% European, 10% Native American, to be a racialist would be to be divided against myself as a human being. So NO... I don't do racialist thinking. However I know what and who is racist against black people and those same racist who hate black people so much and want to separate themselves from anything ' black ' should not use black gifs to express their emotions on social media. It's digital black face of the worst kind.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
But to use white or Asian or other GIFS is not racist? Hypocrisy.

No you are either obtuse or just missing the point on purpose

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Seems everything is in some way worse when it affects African Americans. When similar things affect Asians or Native Americans, or other groups no one cares.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Seems everything is in some way worse when it affects African Americans. When similar things affect Asians or Native Americans, or other groups no one cares.

When have you seen Antalas use a native american or asian gif? Most people on social media never use gifs from either ethnic group so whats the issue? Why is using black gifs so popular? Why do white people need gifs of African Americans to express your emotions, opinions and ideas in the first place?

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Well, it has been and is still rather accepted to make fun of Asians and Native Americans in other contexts, if not so much in GIFS, without no one complaining. One sees no big campaigns against that.

I hope you never will use any white or Asian GIFs anytime, since they are not so genetically close to you, as you express it.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Why do white people need gifs of African Americans to express your emotions, opinions and ideas in the first place?

Well, I do not need any such GIFs for anything and I do not use them either. But maybe you could ask those who do it.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
In the future maybe whites only can joke about whites and blacks only about blacks, then no one has to bother or complain.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
In the future maybe whites only can joke about whites and blacks only about blacks, then no one has to bother or complain.

That is a STRAWMAN ARGUMENT

Isn't it ironic that ANTALAS who is concerned about blackwashing historical figures black washes himself with AA's gifs everyday.

IRONIC!!

--------------------

Tazarah
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because antalas is obsessed with anything/everything related to black people, especially our history.
Posts: 2539 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
That's because antalas is obsessed with anything/everything related to black people, especially our history.

Exactly!

He even took his name from a black north african
 -

--------------------

Tazarah
Member # 23365

Damn!!! Lol but we already know he's going to say he "wasn't really black"

Bahaha

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
What did Jesus look like?

Back to ancient Judea and Galilee during the time of Jesus and how he and others might have looked like.

In the 2018 book What Did Jesus Look Like?, Joan Taylor, professor of Christian origins and second temple Judaism at King's College London, used ancient art, archaeological remains, historical texts and interviews with anthropologists to conclude that, like most people in Judea around the time, Jesus most likely had brown eyes, dark brown to black hair and olive-brown skin. He may have stood about 5-ft.-5-in. (166 cm) tall, the average man’s height at the time.

She also says that the people most reminiscent of 1th century Judeans today are the Jews of Iraq.

quote:
.... one of the fascinating things for me was to discover that really interesting work has been done by physical anthropologists on skeletons of Jews excavated in Judea and Galilee from the first century and sometimes second century and they have really looked at the issue of ethnicity and what people correspond to ancient in terms of modern populations actually and they have said that Jews of the first century looked quite a lot like Iraqi Jews today, there's an Iraqi look about the skeletons that they have uncovered so if we're going to be thinking about Jesus ethnicity we should be looking at Iraqi Jews
so I remember when I worked on the kibbutz long ago some friends of mine who were from Iraq and it's really fascinating to me to think yes they had the look of most of the Jews of first century Judea.

In this video she tells about her book and her research
Joan E. Taylor - What Did Jesus Look Like?

Her book

-

--------------------

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
What did Jesus look like?

She also says that the people most reminiscent of 1th century Judeans today are the Jews of Iraq.

quote:
.... one of the fascinating things for me was to discover that really interesting work has been done by physical anthropologists on skeletons of Jews excavated in Judea and Galilee from the first century and sometimes second century and they have really looked at the issue of ethnicity and what people correspond to ancient in terms of modern populations actually and they have said that Jews of the first century looked quite a lot like Iraqi Jews today, there's an Iraqi look about the skeletons that they have uncovered so if we're going to be thinking about Jesus ethnicity we should be looking at Iraqi Jews
so I remember when I worked on the kibbutz long ago some friends of mine who were from Iraq and it's really fascinating to me to think yes they had the look of most of the Jews of first century Judea.

In this video she tells about her book and her research
Joan E. Taylor - What Did Jesus Look Like?

Her book

-

From a genetic perspective, Samaritans are the closest group, but Iraqi Jews come in second place, so the book is accurate in this regard.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
In her Presentation, she will cover the Historical background of the Jews in Iraq, and intertwine it with her families’ stories. Hagit’s father’s family is from Bagdad, and her mother’s is from Basra

-

-

quote:
If I were in Israel, Ben-Dor Benite said, it would be another story. There, Mizrahi immigrants have a decades-long history of state-level discrimination, starting with their internment in 1950s development towns and continuing with menial employment under Ashkenazim who called them “shvartze. ” By the 1970s, Mizrahim had reclaimed their “blackness” and formed the Israeli Black Panther movement to fight for social justice. Their identification with the African-American struggle for civil rights was so strong that Panther leader Charlie Biton named his daughter “Angela” — after political activist Angela Davis.
https://forward.com/opinion/318667/im-a-mizrahi-jew-do-i-count-as-a-person-of-color/

-

Plane of Iraqi Jews, clearly not a homogenous group.

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com