EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Afro Americans & Their African twins... A thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Afro Americans & Their African twins... A thread
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes while doing my research, I stumble on photos of Africans or African Americans who resemble... I will post them when I find them in this thread... work like this is helpful.. because people that believe in the true negro myth or that all west Africans and African Americans descend from one true negro tribe and their morphological changes are because of admixture only or environmental factors only... none of which are true... Africans and Africans are individuals and defy white supremacist stereotypes and negative propaganda...

James Brown & Hausa Man

-

-

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice info. I would like to add this: racist white supremacists and eurocentrics always push the false idea that "light-skinned black people" must have european blood or ancestry which is nonsense. The so-called black race comes in all shades of colors and always has even prior to european contact.

A good example of this would be the khoisan or bush people, who as a whole are much lighter than your typical "african american", yet these khoisan or bush people have never had contact or intermarriage with europeans, nor have they been raped, enslaved or conquered by europeans.

-

-

-

Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though she outgrew it,a young Yolanda King,MLK's daughter looks hella Khoisan.

-

-

Though not 100% or Ethiopian but Wendi Mak reminds of Trey Songz.

-

-

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... Mak and Songz do look alike

The Prime Minister of Barbados the honarable Mia Motley & Ethiopian Jewish woman ( Shula) in Israel..

-

-

--------------------

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Here is one that blew my mind...

Al Roker & Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori

-

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malagasy singer Wawa Salegy reminds me of Dominican rapper Zawezo

-

-

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Ethiopian woman and Diana Ross

-

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

Brother Yusef Lateef
 -

-

Brother Mos Def

-

Many more black people in America and West Africa have these features.. if you see black people as individuals and not as a stereotype.. you will see them...and this is not due to Europiod admixture..

--------------------

Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Original sin. They go blind after that. 😎
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
 -

Brother Yusef Lateef
 -

-

Brother Mos Def

-

Many more black people in America and West Africa have these features.. if you see black people as individuals and not as a stereotype.. you will see them...and this is not due to Europiod admixture..

Yeah,the one phenotype that gets me is the Khoisan type look.

Dewayne Turrentine,ADOS.

-

Mbuso Mandela. He did something terrible.
 -

Ysaunny Brito,Dominican model.
 -

-

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

Not an African American and twin but this was so good I had to post it here anyway

Ancient Egyptian and Nigerian twin...

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Though not the same, Victory Jones reminds me of a Nefertiti bust.

-

-

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
I think that is a good one..

It is so funny that some people don't believe that Africans look like this

But they do..

I feel like at times even tho I am black I have never really looked at Black people before.. maybe because of familiarity and lack of having something to contrast too

but yeah.. she is beautiful.. and she reminds me of Ciara a little

-

-

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Yeah,the general phenotype is still Nigerian,Ghanaian and other Africans we derive from but there some Black folks who vaguely look mixed or like the different African groups,even the mulatto looking North Africans. I now some of it is do to multi generational mixing,but it's strange to me.

Wtf? Where is that middle image from?

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
Yeah,the general phenotype is still Nigerian,Ghanaian and other Africans we derive from but there some Black folks who vaguely look mixed or like the different African groups,even the mulatto looking North Africans. I now some of it is do to multi generational mixing,but it's strange to me.

Wtf? Where is that middle image from?

Nomades du soleil.
BRANDT (Henry)
Published by Lausanne, Guilde du Livre, 1956., 1956

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
the "phenotype" in Nigeria and Ghana is really varied.. so that is what needs to be careful of.. NOT to stereotype peoples of West Africa

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Yeah,I know it's a region and doesn't really describe any population.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Taureg Lady

-

chaka khan
 -

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
The nose is different but Scottie Pippen and Sudani rapper Lil' Freeny look similar.

-

-

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Egyptian man
 -

Richard Pryor

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Amenhotep & King Tut are R1b

OMG!!! They are NOT like SubSaharan African

Exibit A

-

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas Jefferson's Y chromosome belongs to a s to haplogroup K2, a rare lineage representing only approximately 1% of chromosomes worldwide, and most common in East Africa and the Middle East.
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
23 and me has an update to their software with African matches for the diaspora

of a random sampling of African Americans these are their top single matches

-

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^

comment from Tracing African roots

quote:
On a final note Table 1.1. above also shows that only 21 out of 100 of my African American survey participants received any ethnic group match (a few received more than 1). Hence the odds of receiving this update (~20%) are not that high. But still it is already a clear improvement when compared with the odds of receiving a match for an African country by way of 23andme’s Recent Ancestor Location tool. Based on a previous survey of mine this was only 3% for African Americans (see this overview). Among the 21 results below only 1 person received an additional match for a country (Nigeria).
a lot more here

Tracing African Roots

https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com/2022/01/31/new-update-on-23andme-ethnic-group-matches-within-africa-part-1/

New Update on 23andme: Ethnic Group Matches within Africa!

part 2

https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com/2022/02/07/new-update-on-23andme-ethnic-group-matches-within-africa-part-2/

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Baby Face Kenneth Brian Edmonds

-

Dougoukolo Ba-Konare is a clinical psychologist and teacher of Fula Language and Societies at the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations in Paris, and a founding member of Kisal (an organization working on the promotion of human rights in the Sahel.

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Not a 100% but Asmaa Hamzaoui reminds of Young M.A,her
father is Puerto Rican,I'm not sure If he's African derived.
 -

-

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

-

Eritrean woman and Felicia Rashad

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Mohammed Ramadan Egyptian actor & rapper

-

Russell Wilson

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
the Great blues guitarist R L Burnside

-

-

son of the ruler of the Inaden, Tuareg smith clan of Agadez, in the country of Niger. :

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Soukeyna Diouf Senegalese moderl.

-

If true,American model Madisin Rian.

-

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Prince Ayuba Suleiman Diallo was kidnapped from Gambia in 1731 & enslaved in Maryland. In 1733 he went to London & helped organize the British Museum’s collection of Arabic Manuscripts & was inducted into the Spalding Gentlemen's Society. Diallo returned to Gambia in 1734.

-

Dwyane wade

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Abdul Karim Bangura, Fula from Futa Jallon descendent of Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori

I would put him in the Dwayne Wade twinning category

-

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
 -

Older K.Dot or Nigerian rapper Runtown?

-

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Is his features average Nigerian? Swae lee (Rhetorical question.)

-

Let's compared,Nigeria rapper WizKid.

-

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
 -

Older K.Dot or Nigerian rapper Runtown?

-

I don't think these two resemble in the least

besides having short dreads

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Is his features average Nigerian? Swae lee (Rhetorical question.)

-

Let's compared,Nigeria rapper WizKid.

-

Here is a better pic of wiz kid

and no he does not resemble Swae Lee

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Of course,it's more the feature set. The strong jaw,the somewhat low face and similar cheekbones.

Really? When I first saw Runtown,he reminded me of Kendrick Lamar. It's the eyes that are the same or the very least similar. The nose and lips are obviously different. I'm not sure If it applies to you because of the thread title, but similarities in feature set being sometimes close enough creates in my mind a certain level of sameness.

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Little Fula girl on the left
is a twin for Dwayne Wade's daughter Kaavia

-

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Luther Vandross - was watching an ancestry test video and realized that the young man especially when he smiled reminded me of Luther....

-

Ethiopian young man

-

-

Baby Luther

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Who's the Most "Black?" Strangers Take DNA Tests
263,700 views Jun 1, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Axw35TtPE

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

Number 6 is 89% African, has light eyes and his hair sometimes carries sandy blonde.. this is may not be due to admixture with European it might be Igbo Heritage, I see him as phenotypcally similiar
to
Nnamdi Asomugha was born in Lafayette, Louisiana, to Nigerian Igbo parent

-

Number 5 I find her to have a similar look to John Legend and Wanda Sykes...

-

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Nigeria has a large albino population, with a estimated population of at least 1 million and could be as high as 4 million. I'm sure you are aware Africans can produce tyrosinase positive people with albinism.

Kingsley Ibenchi is a Nigerian American,who I believe is a dance with a mixed race like phenotype despite have parents that are way darker than him and his brother.

Clinical description
Visual anomalies, such as nystagmus, are frequently undetectable and patients usually present with one of two phenotypes: rufous OCA (ROCA), characterized by red-bronze skin color, blue or brown irises and ginger-red hair, or brown OCA (BOCA), characterized by light to brown hair and a light to brown or tan skin color. The clinical features of OCA3 have been considered as rather mild, and in the rare cases of non-African patients, reddish hair color has been reported. A Japanese girl was reported with having OCA3 who presented with blond hair and light skin (with a small Mongolian spot), was able to tan and was negative for nystagmus.

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Nigeria has a large albino population, with a estimated population of at least 1 million and could be as high as 4 million. I'm sure you are aware Africans can produce tyrosinase positive people with albinism.

Kingsley Ibenchi is a Nigerian American,who I believe is a dance with a mixed race like phenotype despite have parents that are way darker than him and his brother.

Clinical description
Visual anomalies, such as nystagmus, are frequently undetectable and patients usually present with one of two phenotypes: rufous OCA (ROCA), characterized by red-bronze skin color, blue or brown irises and ginger-red hair, or brown OCA (BOCA), characterized by light to brown hair and a light to brown or tan skin color. The clinical features of OCA3 have been considered as rather mild, and in the rare cases of non-African patients, reddish hair color has been reported. A Japanese girl was reported with having OCA3 who presented with blond hair and light skin (with a small Mongolian spot), was able to tan and was negative for nystagmus.

that is a theory, might be true..

But Kingsley has traits that I have seen on other Igbo men that have nothing to due with Albinism

A hairy chest...

that is something that does not happen in other ethnic groups in west Africa... I submit that the Hairy chest and light skin, and light eyes could be a trait from an East African ethnic group or north African ethnic group or Near Eastern ethnic group and could be homozygous in both parents..

It is a theory that I am working on... just a theory

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
It could be a hint of albinism and not the full feature set. His mother and late father are very dark in comparison to him and his brother. The pic may still be on Kinglesy' IG.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
It could be a hint of albinism and not the full feature set. His mother and late father are very dark in comparison to him and his brother. The pic may still be on Kinglesy' IG.

You did not answer my question about body hair.
The Darker Senegalese don't have that much chest hair and arm hair....

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Don't know about the body,it could be a throwback to earlier population that may have inhabited the area that Ibos absorbed. Because, from what I understand is most Africans are glabrous,with the Twa and similar pygmies being generally hairier.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com