EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Afro Americans & Their African twins... A thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Afro Americans & Their African twins... A thread
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
Don't know about the body,it could be a throwback to earlier population that may have inhabited the area that Ibos absorbed. Because, from what I understand is most Africans are glabrous,with the Twa and similar pygmies being generally hairier.

SO Igbo's get their hairy chest from pygmies? And they have hereditary Albino traits?

-

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I'm saying it could be a throwback to older Africans types,the pygmies was just a example. I'm also suggesting the usual ligh skin with light eyes and or light colored hair maybe a hint of albinism or a variation of it.

Here's a black family with twins that exhibit albinism with different hair color.
https://youtu.be/mDHhkgmBNM8

Another Black family with kids that have albinism,I thought they were OCA3 but they might be brown OCA2.

https://youtu.be/Oc0XCK-fVko

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Kingsley Ibenchi is a Nigerian American,who I believe is a dance with a mixed race like phenotype despite have parents that are way darker than him and his brother.

I like his music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=219&v=pYbOy7ubDjA&feature=emb_logo

do you have a link that shows or says his have parents that are way darker than him and his brother?

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to go to his IG,there are separate pictures of his dad and mom. His parents are darker than him and his brother.

If you do go,there is a gif type video of a lady with pink color hat, that's his mother. Scrolling down more,there is a image of a old looking photo of a man, that's Kinglesy's father.

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Any info on the twins? I'm googling and I'm not finding much.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Kingsley Ibenchi and his beautiful family

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

Matthew Knowles
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Van Jones

-

Saidou Abatcha

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
I don't see it outside the nose. Though not that close, Saido looks similar to Floyd Mayweather Sr. to me.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Looked up Floyd Mayweather Sr. and that is a nope for me. I think what Van has that Saidou has is face structure albeit slightly different as Van is a much larger man

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
It's there somewhat when he had long hair like Saidou guy. Also,is Saidou Wodaabe?
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

Peter Mensah Actor Ghanaian

-

The resemblance between Taye and Peter is real..

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
It's there somewhat when he had long hair like Saidou guy. Also,is Saidou Wodaabe?

I am not sure, but Peul for sure... Niger I believe..

It is really easy for me to pick out Fulani matches for African Americans, because their features are distinct

Flloyd Mayweather Sr. I think he looks like Mike Tyson and some one said that Mike looks Congolese.. so I am going to see if I can follow that route for matches..

It has always interested me that African Americans have such diverse features but the truth is they come in houses... and it has nothing to do with Eurasian admixture... I think African features are persistant even with admixture...

I think before the internet I was led to believe there was on type of west african ( true negro) and all the different looks that African Americans had was because of admixture with Whites & Native Americans.. I think while it is true in some cases it is not true in most

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Sotigui Kouyaté Actor Burkinabe

-

Dr Obadele Kambon

-

Kamau Kambon

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Fatoumata Diawara is a Malian singer-songwriter and actress currently living in France, born in Ivory Coast, living in Mali

-

Brandy
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Frederick Douglass and the Power of Portraiture
Frederick Douglass regarded photography as a powerful tool to combat racism. He heralded it as a distinctly accessible art form that, in the hands of the aggrieved and historically marginalized, could serve as an arm of democratization. In “Pictures and Progress” Douglass remarked: “The humbled servant girl whose income is but a few shillings per week may now possess a more perfect likeness of herself than noble ladies and court royalty.” For African Americans in particular, photography provided a means of self-representation and self-empowerment, and for subverting the racist imagery and minstrelized caricatures that dominated contemporary popular culture. Through portraiture, Black people could correct prevailing misrepresentations, counter racist discourses, and assert their self-image on their terms. Douglass believed in the medium’s capacity to provide an honest and accurate representation of his own personhood and individuality—not only as a former slave but as a human.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 - In the second breakdown of “Ethnic groups 1” it’s notable how only the Caribbean and the USA score any % for Fulbe/Mende, the Fulbe samples being taken from Burkina Faso, Cameroon and Chad and the Mende from Sierra Leone. In the third breakdown of “Ethnic groups 2” it’s fascinating how the Senegalese ethnic groups of the Lebou and Wolof are only appearing for Cape Verde, Săo Tomé, Brazil and Colombia. The USA is however unique in being matched up with the Fulbe from Cameroon, Niger and Burkina Faso.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Gregory Oliver Hines (February 14, 1946 – August 9, 2003)

-

Don't know who this arabic speaking dude is but I thought he looked like Gregory Hines...

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
 -

Peter Mensah Actor Ghanaian

-

The resemblance between Taye and Peter is real..

Eddie & Charlie Murphy get an Honorable mention for House Ghana

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Not a total match in skin color but the unusual bone structure

-

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
No. I'm saying it could be a throwback to older Africans types,the pygmies was just a example. I'm also suggesting the usual ligh skin with light eyes and or light colored hair maybe a hint of albinism or a variation of it.

Here's a black family with twins that exhibit albinism with different hair color.
https://youtu.be/mDHhkgmBNM8

Another Black family with kids that have albinism,I thought they were OCA3 but they might be brown OCA2.

https://youtu.be/Oc0XCK-fVko

quote:
The frequency of the SLC24A5 111*A allele outside of Europe is largely accounted for by high frequencies in geographically proximate populations in northern Africa, the Middle East, and Pakistan (ranging from 62% to 100%).

The virtual absence of MATP 374*G–derived allele in the sub-Saharan African populations that we examined in the CEPH-Diversity Panel is consistent with the origin of this mutation outside of Africa after the divergence of modern Asians and Europeans. In contrast, the SLC24A5 111*A–derived allele is found at low frequencies in several sub-Saharan populations including the West African Mandenka and Yoruba, the Southern African San , and SouthWest Bantu. The relatively high frequencies of the derived allele in Central Asian, Middle Eastern, and North Africa seem likely to be due to gene flow with European populations. Similarly, the presence of the derived allele (albeit at low frequencies) in some sub-Saharan African populations may be due to recent gene flow from European and Central Asian populations.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Moorish GIrl

-

Jordin Sparks

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -
Kingsley Ibenchi and his beautiful family

Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike, IGBO Rap star.. light skin, green eyes...
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Clevon Little Actor

-

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYfio6_UYas

Miss Black America pageant 1985

-

--------------------

Tehutimes
Member # 21712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tehutimes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,Yatunde Lisa you are aware President Patrice Lumumba was murdered, executed,assassinated in 1960 by Congolese lackeys for Belgian,French, & US corporate/gangster/racist/thugs.These demons wanted easy access & cheap prices on gold, copper,and coltan among other metals.The photo has 1995 captioned.
Posts: 115 | From: north america | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tehutimes:
Hi,Yatunde Lisa you are aware President Patrice Lumumba was murdered, executed,assassinated in 1960 by Congolese lackeys for Belgian,French, & US corporate/gangster/racist/thugs.These demons wanted easy access & cheap prices on gold, copper,and coltan among other metals.The photo has 1995 captioned.

Yes I know, I did not make the picture. The date is of his Presidency is besides the point but apologies if it offends.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Nichelle Nichols RIP

-

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Hand-colored tintype portrait of three unidentified African American women, 1856.

Source: Harvard Library

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Wow! Look at that drip.
Interesting? They seem to have high nose bridge and somewhat long faces like Black Abraham Lincoln.

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Wow! Look at that drip.
Interesting? They seem to have high nose bridge and somewhat long faces like Black Abraham Lincoln.

You know some AA's just are not easy to find twins for, whether that is due to admixture or not, I dont think I can say for sure, but for these women, I think I see some resemblance among the Sonninke

-

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
JR Smith.. height 6'6

-

Mozabite

-

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
 -

Wow, wait who is who? [Eek!] [Confused] [Cool]

Dane Colloway and cohorts will be very upset with a thread like this.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Mekhi Phifer, he's a American actor.
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Mekhi Phifer, he's a American actor.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
The late great Redd Fox
 -

Old Man From Aswan
 -

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
West African phenotype diversity is really misunderstood.

I love this.. it shows that the sahel is a spectrum from east to west and not clearly delineated. Types found in east africa can be found in west africa and vice versa

-

--------------------

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is Mekhi Phifer has an actual twin brother.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks xxxentasion too
 -

-

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Forty2Tribes:
 -

Wow this is a good match! Wow.. I will also point out his hair, and it's waves

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
 -

The men in this Wolof family, resemblance to

Kenny Lattimore & Harry Belafonte
 -

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com