EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Rules against being with my Egyptian girlfriend? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Rules against being with my Egyptian girlfriend?
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for gobi79harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a few weeks I will be goint to Cairo and be with the girl i have been talking to for 3 years on the internet. She's an Egyptian and I intend on bringing her to the united states next year with a fiance visa. I wish to marry this girl. Because I am not muslim she has been pretty much abandoned from her family . I'm nervous about going , but i'm more nervous that I won't be able to enjoy my time with her while i'm there. I'm not sure what the rules are. Her and I both have talk about doing normal relationship things like, kissing , and etc... But I don't want to cause trouble if that's a problem. I don't even know if she can even hang out in my hotel room with me. I just need some advise on this matter. Thanks to anyone who can give it.
Posts: 18 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goby,

It is wonderful to be in love. to be in trouble, however, is not nice.

Learning about your beloved's culture is one of main essentials for a successful relation.

Your Egyptian moslem lady should know that very well.
My British husband and I did not have this ache, as we both decided that he will convert prior to seeing my family.

Once, it happened, the base was already lined for the next step ( knowing each other away from the net business ) before you both get any serious ( really serious ).

Why do not you just go to Egypt, meet your lady face to face, spend time with each other ( but not deeply, for her sake ) then decide what to do next.

* There are tw things you can not do with a Moslem woman:
1- Having sex out of the wedlock.
2- Marrying her as a non moslem.

Once you have passed your first test, I do not believe it will then be difficult on her family to accept you.

Good luck, & enjoy Egypt and her people.

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 14 May 2005).]

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear poster, so you want to marry a girl and you don't know anything about her culture? Why didn't you take the time in all these three years to do some research what is expected of you and what is definitely a "no-no" for you and for her right now. Look, if you are sincerely thinking of marriage there is no other way of you becoming a Moslem. And her family needs to approve. Don't make it difficult for you and for her. Because of your unknowledge you could find yourself in some really awkward and even dangerous situations. I do understand that you want to meet her and get to know her better - but in country like Egypt rules are different. Think deeply through before you are going on your trip to Egypt.

Just another question: No nice and interesting girls around in your neighborhood? Its much easier you know.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 14 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a little surprised your girlfriend didn't tell you more about these rules, which are everything in Egypt.

Salama said it perfectly: no sex (she can't share your room at the hotel anyway) and no marriage as long as you are not a Muslim. Any muslim girl knows that, so she knows from the beginning she's playing with fire.

Did she talk to you about Islam, did she teach you a few things about it? You have been knowing her for three years so I think you had time to learn a little about Islam.
As Salama says, take your time, meet the girl, and I am sure you will know what to do when you come back to the US, things will be clearer.
If the family really knows about you, they will never let you see her while you are there, she will have to lie all the time to date you.

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would the family know that they've had sex, salama. And maybe they are a religiously lax family? because she does not seem to have mentioned much to the guy.

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 14 May 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Never, you again.…!

Just in case you do not, we have a culture. One that differentiate between a girl and a woman.…!
No, her family is very obviously not a lax, never, otherwise they would hitch the girl up, and goodbye baby.

I bet in your honour that the first question they ask if the guy is a moslem?

To bunk in an Egyptian hotel needs a good deal of tricks, so they are not seen together in one room, or even getting out or entering a hotel together.

The girl will get married sooner or later, she will be discovered and blamed to the rest of her life. You cannot get away with these things, Never.

I advise the man to convert, which takes him a few minutes of his life. then the relationship between him and the creator is not our business, and then marry his girl and fly away.

It is the girl who will loose her family, unless a great effort takes place at the earliest stage.

Never, if you wish to piss me off, please do choose the right place.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest she introduces you as a friend of her brother or her cousin to her family. If you think of this visit as getting to know your 'friend' offline, then expect to lie and do many covert-operation type of things all so that you can protect her 'reputation.' Constantly, constantly, constantly - worry about the way others can misconstrue and how things 'look' so she doesn't come off as a prostitute/cheap woman.

She will be doing the same and if she's not, then take a closer look at her and question that, because that should be 2nd nature to her. Western relations etc are totally doable in Egypt, but one always puts on a facade for the hotel staff.

That said, it never fails to amaze me how two people who only type to each other manage to "fall in love." Whatever to that. But add in a different culture and now you're just in dream land. I would strongly suggest you rethink your perspective on this visit and instead of thinking whether or not there's chemistry between you (BEFORE you jump to the fiance thing!)... go over there as a friend and dip your toe in the proverbial waters.

All the stuff about visas that is said about the men here DOES also apply to women too.

Good luck, you're in for a culture shock...but it can still be a positive experience and it doesn't mean you won't have a happy ending.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
Never, if you wish to piss me off, please do choose the right place.

My culture does not encourage urination on the boards nor in forums.

Anyway, can't they do an Orfi also?? Plus, Cairo is a big city and many have mentioned that you can get away with much more there than in any small conservative place? Although it is easier of course when the man is egyptian, girl is white, because the chances that a white man is muslim or egyptian girl is not, are probably too small to even consider.

Anyway, please give advice to the serious young person here, the ones who live there and know of things, and stop playing god. Give them the optins, let THEM decide how they spend their sinful lives - happily or unhappily. Be friends, not judges.

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 14 May 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind how little you know. Salama is absolutely right in what she says. If this man heeds her advice then they may just have a chance of a relationship. If not and he tries to take her to a hotel then she will just be seen as a prostitute. Is that anyway to start a relationship? If the man loves her he will do all in his power to protect her reputation and comply with her families wishes.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

So there ARE egyptian prostitutes? Because how else would hotrel staff (or anyone else) know to arrive at such consclusion. Why would a muslima go into prostitution? I mean it is of course a tremendously good source of income and female entrepreneurship as source of financial independence SHOULD be encouraged, and the art of LOVE is just so valuable in the world as it is a source of SO much content and happiness, but considering the supposedly strong values of the society still...? Interesting.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind, I had an Egyptian male friend visiting me last year while I was with my family (incl. my three little kids) on vacation in Hurghada.

Well, we went to his room after I put the kids to bed (my husband was watching them) and talked a little and sometime then my friend received a phone call and was asked what was going on, why he would have a foreign female tourist up in his room.

Little then we realized that a cleaning guy saw us entering his room and also we left the curtains open as we didn't have anything to hide.

So just to give you an idea of how things are in Egypt. I was very upset about the incident (and let my husband call up the reception immediately ) but it reminded me where I was again. And I didn't wanted to get my friend in any kind of trouble so we left to outside again.

I said this couple of times here on this board but its true: Everything has eyes and ears in Egypt, even the doors and the walls......

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for gobi79harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Before everyone starts Judgeing me and my intentions , please let me state my peace. There are many pieces of this story that are unknown to you all. First off since no one knows me, Let me say that i am a truely honest and good hearted person. Not trying to come across as being better than anyone, just trying to explain myself. To reply to someone elses remark Yes there are plenty of girls I could date right here in my area, but i've never met anyone as kind and wonderful as her. And to all that think you can't really no a person from just typing words. After 3 years of talking to someone over the phone and on-line Is a really good way to really know someone. Why? Because you are not blocked by just being physical with the other. In this situation talking is all we have, therefore we get to learn more about one another. Yes I know about the islam rules , we have discussed it many times and I have even read islamic books. My earlier question was not intended to mean I wanted to bring her to my hotel room and have sex. I asked about hanging out, meaning watching t.v. and talking and such. Yes i was asking about kissing and relationship things , but I meant kissing, holding hands, hugs, walking together. I know to some it may sound corny, but I respect her wishes not to have sex until after marrige. Now this is where religion comes in. I am not a believer in any religion. I don't have a problem with anyone who does. And I don't wish to argue with anyone on their opinon of religion. Everyone has the right to know what they know as being true. As a human of this world I have my own right to have an opinion of thinking that religion is the main cause of war. Since I don't belive in the right to take anothers life I feel I can not stand on any side of religion. If I converted to any religion , I would feel un-true to that religion, because what I belive. Not that i wouldn't take it seriously, but i would feel fake, like a wolf hiding in sheeps wool among the sheep. With that said... I know it's not aloud for a muslim woman to marry a non muslim man. (although a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman) I have read a reason for this is because I will want to convert her to my ways and make her not muslim. With me this is not true, I don't care if she is muslim. That's who she is , I have no right to take that from her and don't even think about it. She can be what ever she wants and belive what ever she wants. I love her for her. All I want is to spend my life with her. Like I said before , her family has abandoned her, she's on her own and i'm all she's got. I never meant for things to go this way , or cause her harm. I just wanted to make her happy , as she makes me happy. In my eyes this is just too humans coming together to be a family. It's been happening since the dawn of time. There is not hate or prejudice in any of my remarks and I don't want to offend anyone. All I wanted to know is can we be together and enjoy each others company in a public setting without judgement. I just want to spend time with the woman i love, that's all. In the end this is just two people who find happiness with each other hanging out.

Posts: 18 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Thanks for clearing some things up here. I do not understand why her own family would have already cut off contact to her because of an internet love - unless some more things have happened. Do you mean she lives by herself?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by gobi79harry:
All I wanted to know is can we be together and enjoy each others company in a public setting without judgement.

You can have a coffee with her somewhere but thats about it - its as simple as that.

I agree with other posters you should go and meet her in person if the picture of what you have of her is matching the reality and you really want to push forward for marriage.

Now the religion thing is another issue. Atheists are able to convert to a religion, usually when something life-changing happened to them or when they become older. You need to convert to Islam if you want to marry her - how you will practice it is another issue. You both will have to figure it out.

I hope everything will turn out great for you and your Egyptian woman, good luck!

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gobi79harry!

Basically if this woman agrees to marry you she is committing a sin as a Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man by Islamic law, as you know. If you did marry it would make your marriage unrecognized under her religion, she would be living in sin, and any children would be considered illegitimate. If she has already lost her family through her continuation of her relationship with you, do you still want to put her though that as well? She obviously has some Islamic sensibilities as you say that she doesn’t want sex before marriage; but actually it is not only sex itself that is forbidden, so is being alone with a man without a chaperone in a private place and any type of physical contact, no matter what your long term intentions are. You did ask what the rules were!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

Basically if this woman agrees to marry you she is committing a sin as a Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man by Islamic law, as you know.

So what will/can happen, realistically and in this world, if she will choose to live in this "sin" of love?

Am a bit disappointed that islam is underestimating a woman's ability and power in directing a man in basically any direction she wishes and thus maybe even towards islam or at least more halal (or haram? one of these i think) living? Many souls going lost to god this way...
Love!!!

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nevermind!

Realistically, in this world the marriage will not be accepted by practicing Muslims and she will be treated as anyone would be who has chosen to break one of the Muslim laws and is being open about it, as people in the West used to be treated by their society when they had stricter moral conventions about this. She will also not be able to get married in Egypt or have her marriage recognized by an Islamic authority.

I am sure Allah will cope with your disappointment over His decisions and will have calculated for that lost opportunity when He made the rules!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
quote:

but actually it is not only sex itself that is forbidden, so is being alone with a man without a chaperone in a private place and any type of physical contact, no matter what your long term intentions are. B]

So would this also apply if I was a Muslim man? Does a Muslim man have to be chaperoned and is forbidden to make any type of Physical contact with Muslim women?

Besides If i'm seen alone with her while I'm there, how would anyone know that she's Egyptian. Why wouldn't they think we are both tourist? She could be mistaken for an Italian girl.

[This message has been edited by gobi79harry (edited 14 May 2005).]

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Goby,

You appear to truly love your girl. What is holding you from converting, you already have read Islamic book .. go ahead before it is too late.
Marry girl before God and people. Then make peace with her family.
You will better once you done the right thing

Yes, as the other imposter ( ? ) said, you can walk about and have innocent fun, eat and drink and talk in public, but there will be no need taking her to a hotel.
Is not great to keep her fresh,for later?

newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi gobi79harry!

The rules are the same for Muslim men as for Muslim women, how could it be otherwise? Basically neither a Muslim man or a Muslim woman are allowed any sexual contact or be alone with any one of the opposite sex until after marriage, and no physical contact either, unless the person happens to be a close blood relative, e.g. their mother, sister, grandmother, and a few others listed in the Qur'an. I am not saying that everyone adheres to all the rules, as in any other society, but if Muslims break the rules they risk the consequences in this world or the Hereafter.

As to whether people will know that she is Egyptian, even if people physically look like they could be from another country, there are tell-tale signs like the way someone dresses, walk, sits, holds themselves, moves their hands that give an indication of where they come from, and that is all before they open their mouth to speak.

From what I hear hotel staff are quite astute at differentiating between locals and tourists and wouldn’t hesitate to ask for proof of identity as its illegal for a local to be in a hotel room with someone they are not married to.

nevermind
Member # 6674

Ok but still no one has covered this lawyer's paper, cant they do that? That would solve problem with hotels because I do not think hotels ask extra proof of religion, but do the lawyers ask it for the paper?

I'm telling you ALL THE TIME that human nature never completely binds to rules that are essentially unnatural to it, and muslims are just as human as the rest of us, is my true belief. So why you wish to keep exorciating yourselves this way, is a compete mysterium to me.

gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
I'm not trying to be stubborn about it, and I'm not acting like "I don't want to be Muslim just because..." That's not the issue at all. Infact I have even thought about it. The only reason why I would convert , would be for her, because I love her so very much. The Issue is, deep inside my inner beliefs would conflict with some of the rules of Islam. I wouldn't feel true to it or myself. There are some basic human rights and choices that would be taken away from me, and I believe woman should have all the same rights and respect as men. I haven't seen that in Islam. I have not completely made up my mind on the subject but for now this is how I feel.
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gobi79harry:

The Issue is, deep inside my inner beliefs would conflict with some of the rules of Islam. I wouldn't feel true to it or myself. There are some basic human rights and choices that would be taken away from me, and I believe woman should have all the same rights and respect as men.

i am an Egyptian woman who is married to a British convert, and like me 1000's of moslem women here in the UK plus these women who are converting every day.
Do you really think these women are stupid enough to convert to Islam with the knowledge that their human rights are taken away?
Here goes again, a moslem woman has more rights than a woman of any other faith on earth. My money that given to me or I made is my own, my husband money and properties are as much as his are also mine and the household. I may choose to share all or some of my money with him. I may not.… This is my faith.
Education and work are not luxury for a moslem person (man or a woman) they are essential in the Islamic faith. indeed the first word in the Holy Quran is LEARN.

In Islam, a man and a woman have different duties matching perfectly our physical and mental abilities and differences.

What you hear in the west springs from the western Islmophobia that the west is sickened with.

newcomer
Member # 1056

nevermind, the woman has said that she doesn’t want to have sex before marriage based on religious grounds, and by getting a so called orfi marriage just so she can go to his hotel room to “hang out” would also be against her religion and could lead to something else she doesn’t want, as well as it not being accepted by all hotels. The hotel would ask to see her ID and that would show her religion. If people want to break the rules, they can do it, of course they can, but this man is asking what the rules and social conventions are.

gobi79harry, I completely agree with you, you should not convert to Islam for the sake of marriage, unless you are completely convinced that it is the right thing for you; it is not something to be undertaken lightly. But as salama says, the view that many westerners are given about women’s position in Islam is a biased one, and many women are coming to Islam because they see that it offers them more respect and dignity than the western concepts of womanhood. Try to read more about this issue from different perspectives, not just the western/negative ones to get a fuller picture.

However, please be aware that if in the end you still have to be true to yourself and not accept Islam, should you really be asking the woman you claim to love in a position where she will be doing something that is against her belief system.

nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:
Originally posted by salama:
[QUOTE]In Islam, a man and a woman have different duties matching perfectly our physical and mental abilities and differences.
What you hear in the west springs from the western Islmophobia that the west is sickened with.

There is a lot of islamophobia indeed, or rather, there is a lot of any kind of phobia I think peole get some kind of kick from having a pet phobia so they are always eager to have something .

But, salama, you are yourself the very best example of what islam does with women--it makes you believe men and women are different physically AND, as you say, mentally.

I even share this view in that i also believe that men as a rule are physically stronger while women as a rule are mentally more capable (it can be noticed from the way we instinctively adapt much more easily than men, we learn by seeing and listening, which men never do, they need to be specifically trained to understanding)
AND since the world is giving more and more physical work over to machines, the humans are moving upwards all the time to more mental tasks and jobs and thus the future is all about women and our capacities to lead and manage the world. Now how has islam prepares you, salama, to these tasks? Do you even have right to participate in decisions about your own country, e.g. by becoming a politician, or even giving a vote???

P.S. it is pure coincidence i am sure that it is you s, who so often voices my pet enemy issues probably because you so deeply believe in what you believe. Nothing personal here, my word.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt your girl is a pious and religious as some of these posters assume so I would ignore the 'never being alone' and 'never touching' stuff. She can't be THAT religious because she wouldn't be having an internet romance for 3 years with a non-muslim.

Second thing. Many muslim girls who will not have sex before marriage do everything but the clinical definition of intercourse and are far from inexperienced. But they would swear to their grave that they are pure virgins simply because they've stopped at V penetration.

So as you can see, there are many shades of grey between the black and white but there's no way for us advise you about it. It depends not only on her individual personality but where she's from, how she was raised, class system, etc.

I wouldn't worry about Islam and trying to convert until you actually meet this woman, have a big fight with her that will shatter the rose-colored glasses...and still think she's the one for you.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:
The hotel would ask to see her ID and that would show her religion. If people want to break the rules, they can do it, of course they can, but this man is asking what the rules and social conventions are.

But religion on ID... that's pretty strong in a country where people also treat you based on your religion. Never in my life, living in my country here, have i had reason to ponder how big things freedom to freely decide about yourself, and safety of person, really are. Though we efficiently spoil the heaven by a lot of small bickering and bad character but anyway

And orfi is exactly a kind of "social convention" after all?, its not completely holy but is is still a middleway. And I am not hinting they NEED to sleep with each other or anything, and besides you don't even plan such things or do you? Let me at least hope, dear men, that not always, OK? That sometimes it is also a pure natural getting-carried-away-by-your-senses thing, what developes when you meet in person?

I just want to discuss all possibilities that are in theory or practice available to any such mixed couples. This is why the ExptinCAI type of explanations are the best kind on this forum--they do not try describe things the way people wish things were (Koran then would be a better source) they describe reality.

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 15 May 2005).]

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

PS- I really do not buy that her family abandoned her and that 'you're all she's got.' And here you come the white knight waving the visa in hand to the rescue.

Sorry but her family wouldn't abandon her EVER because she's fallen in love with some guy on the internet.

If they thought she was losing it, they'd unplug her computer and pressure her into marrying a nice muslim egyptian boy FULL STOP. They wouldn't abandon her. Especially when you're so far away and you two never met! They'd look at it as her being a silly girl in puppy love and dismiss it.

Again, I can't stress that enough because the way you wrote it, it doesn't sound right.

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 15 May 2005).]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nevermind, where on earth did you get the idea that muslim women are not allowed to be politicians or to vote? women in islam are equal to men in every aspect. women are allowed to work, and can spend their salaries in anything they want as long as its halal. women in islam are allowed the same right to education as men, in fact educaiton is mandatory for all muslims. and as voting for women are allowed to vote just like men and i dont give a damn what S.Arabia does it is not a good example of a muslim society.
islam gave these rights to muslim women 1400 years ago. unlike non muslims countries were women were thought to be important enough to vote very recently.
i beg you nevermind, and every other non muslim before you make assumptions about islam please read about it, do not make a judgment from what you hear through the media and other channels. islam is a very deep and beautiful religion and deserves to be respected.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gobi79harry
A lot of muslim girls are married to christians or ateist what ever,some even only living together wet out marrieds,an famely accept it'
So don't fall for all this lies.
Not all muslim live in stone age.

Salama wont to convert us all if she could she don't care if u be a hypocrite muslim like her.Aslong u muslim she like numbers.

Another thing is "your love" are maybe circumced so it easy for her to wait for sex until married (pasport money out of powerty)As Salama alredy toll u the first rules they liek -MONEY
salama say:
My money that given to me or I made is my own, my husband money and properties are as much as his are also mine and the household. I may choose to share all or some of my money with him. I may not.… This is my faith

yes faith money ha-ha-ha this is the only islam rules u liek

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
PS- I really do not buy that her family abandoned her and that 'you're all she's got.' And here you come the white knight waving the visa in hand to the rescue.

What I have told you about her abandonment is true. Who do you think has been paying her rent and giving her money for food. Me! Not saying that it's been every month, but the unemployment in Egypt has not helped.

RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
x

[This message has been edited by RaniaMe (edited 12 June 2005).]

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
PS- I really do not buy that her family abandoned her and that 'you're all she's got.'
because the way you wrote it, it doesn't sound right.

I agree completely with expt!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sorry but her family wouldn't abandon her EVER because she's fallen in love with some guy on the internet.

If they thought she was losing it, they'd unplug her computer and pressure her into marrying a nice muslim egyptian boy FULL STOP. They wouldn't abandon her. Especially when you're so far away and you two never met! They'd look at it as her being a silly girl in puppy love and dismiss it.

Again, I can't stress that enough because the way you wrote it, it doesn't sound right.

quote:
What I have told you about her abandonment is true. Who do you think has been paying her rent and giving her money for food. Me! Not saying that it's been every month, but the unemployment in Egypt has not helped.

quote:
Originally posted by RaniaMe:
An Egyptian girl living alone?
Which social class does she belong to?

Or rather which fairy tale does she belong to?

Do we have a rare case of an Egyptian girl ripping of a Western man? Or is this even a girl or someone using an internet personality? GB you have been had for a mug, the kind of girl you are describing doesn’t exist in Egyptian society.

Single girls living on their own. Muslim girls that have internet romances with non Muslim men. She is unemployed but has good enough English to have a relationship with you. None of this makes any sense to me.

Regarding some of your other posts.

The reason a Muslim girl can only marry a Muslim man is because children take the religion of the father. A Muslim man can marry a ‘woman of the book’ Jew, Christian or Muslim and the children would be Muslims and belong to the father. Nothing to do with her “converting to your ways”

As the others have said Islam gives women more rights rather than take them away.

In three years of discussion you have never covered these points, and you know nothing about her culture, seems to me that not very much was said in those three years, certainly anything of any depth.

Like I said I don’t think this woman is real, I think if you arrived in Cairo she wouldn’t turn up at the meeting. How much money have you sent her so far?

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be very worrying for this man to read some of some of the posts here but I agree it does not sound too good.
Could you tell us how much money she needed for rent and food and we will be able to let you know if that was about right or not.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gobi79harry, excuse me, but "what human rights and choices" would be taken away from you if you convert? enlighten us please?!!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Oh my gosh, you sent her money?! I'm really sorry but as all others have said...it doesn't look good.

I knew a really nice guy who lived in Egypt (foreigner) and this woman latched on to him. She was coptic and you could not imagine the stupid stories she would tell him with tears in her eyes (unbelievable tales of how racist muslims were against her, trying to get her fired, girls beating her up bcs she wore make up on ramadam...just the most idiotic things you could imagine). But she was such a good actress and really knew how to push his guilt buttons (how can a man refuse a crying woman who tells him why are you making me beg...this is nothing for you, it's the price of few pizzas from maison thomas!)

gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:

Okay, if you had read and listened to my story at all you would know that I speak to her on the phone almost every day. I know what a woman sounds like on the phone and the number is an Egyptian phone number. Boy, everyone is sooooooooo quick to judge , I have not told you everything that has gone on between us, therefore you don't know. further more Some of it is personal and I don't wish to share the whole story on the grounds of incriminating my love. Some of the things that have gone on, she confided in me , and I don't want to talk about them to complete strangers. There has been a lot of pain this girl has gone through , just for me. Just because she loves me. Just because she deeply wishes to be with me. I have regretable hurt this girl because of my non-convertion ways. She sees something in me that I don't even see , and I love her for that. She has sacrificed so much when all i've given her was money so she doesn't have to live on the streets.

Now someone mentioned the children have to follow the fathers choice of religion. That is completely not true. When I so support freedom of choice , why would I say "hey kids you must believe what daddy thinks is right" B.S. They are their own beings, I don't care what they choose to believe , it's their choice not mine. If my kids wanted to be buddist it wouldn't bother me one bit. It doesn't have to be the way you say it is people. Everyone has choice. It's your lives. Live it how you please , cause it's over so fast. oops , there it is ... it's gone.. did you get everything done... are you full- filled.. ahhhh too late. Because in the end people we all die. But how we live and if we enjoyed the life we have been given.. is all that really matters.

Now onto rights.
I'm not an expert in this matter, seeing i'm not a muslim and i am not coming off thinking I know everything. But for one , and this is not a big deal , BUT IT IS A CHOICE that can no longer be partaken in is your choice if you would like to have an alcoholic beverage or not. I don't really care much for alcohol but it's the principle of the thing. I for one don't like anyone telling me what I can and can not do. Even if like i said don't really even care. It's my basic human right of choice. And you should be able to take it as far as you want (within reason of not hurting others)

[This message has been edited by gobi79harry (edited 15 May 2005).]

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

hey love your attitude and all buddy, but here is a wake up call. if you have a child in egypt, you must specify the religion of the father of that child on the birth certificate. and guess what, all hell breaks loose if she's a muslim and you're not.

i even know couples from other middle eastern countries who came as expats to cairo (she muslim, he christian) and her new 'friends' tried to tell her she will go to hell and her child is a bastard.

so while we may not know your circumstances - you don't know egypt. don't be so quick to judge the various opinions people write here. believe it or not, as varied as it is, it's all just various degrees of one country. you're right - we don't know you - hence the reason the postings here are so varied.

gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Well, I see your point. However I won't be having my children in Egypt. I will be in the United States. And as far as my children being bastards that are going to hell. That's only the religious veiw of the matter. Is there a hell, or does all matter return to nothing from wence we came? Who knows? We'll see at the last moment won't we. but in the end , it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong. Just be thankful you had a chance to live.

shannierae
Member # 3657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannierae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gobi79harry, The more I read this stuff the more worried I become. You seem to live in a dream world in more ways than one. The part about your living in the USA with your to be Egyptian wife. Have you gotten off of cloud 9 long enough to learn that there are several people that married Egyptians thinking they were going to bring their newly married husbands or wives to the USA only to learn that every nook and crany was against them in the system. 9/11 ruined more than a lot of things and one of those being it is hard to get an Arabian born person to this country.. as for her being your fiancee???? No way! You might as well do like others have had to do.. which is to visit Egypt as often as you can to see her, that is if they don't decide to whip your hindend or even murder you. Not trying to be scarcastic as I may appear, but been there, seen all this and know of SEVERAL that wish they had gotten lost and went the wrong way concerning marrying some Muslims.
Check out these links incase you didn't see them on the other Topic page: http://www.emircaner.com/Bio.htm# http://www.erguncaner.com/
Things that may not seem to be important to you later may be important to you later and I am an American living in the USA and wonder where you live here.. You seem intelligent and I cannot believe you are so naive.. One thing you never do is send any foreign person money for any reason!!! Just ask a friend of mine that got her behind burned marrying one of those guys, was not just the money sugah, but lots of other things.. and oh yeah, their friends, family and others will lie for them.. don't be so gullible.. You are too intelligent for this!

[This message has been edited by shannierae (edited 15 May 2005).]

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shannierae
Member # 3657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannierae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And oh yes Harry, that stuff about not being able to kiss and hug and all of that is BS.. they do allow it in several places and families in Egypt.. I saw that stuff myself and if someone is bold enough to call me a fibber.. let them bring it on, nothing is all BLACK AND WHITE.. and don't worry about the visa stuff either, it won't happen for a long time, check it out with your American Embassy in Cairo and they will tell you it won't be an easy thing to do either married and especially engaged.. sorry to burst your bubble.. I have spoken to them several times and IF you go to marry her they will tell you not to bother if you think you will get them a VISA!
Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTsarah
Member # 7645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UTsarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this does seem like an elaborate internet scam. how come you won't answer the questions aboutwhat money you sent and where? you call her in egypt, is it a cell phone or a home phone? do you pay for her calls? where did she attend school, have you seen any pictures of her and her family, ect. ? if its actually legitimate it should be easy to explain, and those on here who know will tell you.

if its all a scam, wouldn't you rather find that out now, before you spend more on this person or a trip to nowhere?

Posts: 2 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Dear OP, have to agree with the other posters. Something is totally not right that she asked you for money and "lives by herself". You need to believe us - Egyptians and foreigners who lived/live in Egypt. You are right we don't know the whole story but what we heard from you latest ........ Please be aware of what you are trying to do. In the end you are the one who could get hurt big time.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 16 May 2005).]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gobi plz OPEN YOUR EYES!! Understand that none of us will benefit anything from this.. but your story .. we have heard similar stories all the time. Gobi ALL of us here..live or have a lot of experience with egypt and the ppl who live there. You i guess have only her. Gobi I am talking from EXPERIENCE HERE. I have been in your position. and i know its diff to think the one you love more than life itself could do something like that to you. She seems so innocent and sweet...just like an angel..and she I am sure "have been through a lot" and that she cant take it anymore. Gobi understand that maybe in the states its normal to live alone for a girl.. but in egypt! NEVER! Its sooo bizarre. Gobi plz...i can tell you my story if you like to understand the serious of everything..it has nothing to do with religion..understand that. None of us are trying to make you into a muslim or a christian.. its between you and God. But this girl I am hundred percent sure is lying. Gobi all of us here..has some experience with egyptians. and for egyptians their culture is everything..so dont believe she is something else! Gobi now you need to think about yourself!! ok you have two soultions here....either you go to egypt and believe EVERYTHING she says and her sweet innocent eyes. or that you will hear others than her, who has experience with ppl from egypt. do you want to be naive? or try to see the truth...She can be what she tells you that she is ....but she might turn to be a lier. Do you want to take the risk of ending up with a lier??? Gobi for your sacke...stop defending her and OPEN YOUR EYES. Dont think with your heart, think with your brain. I know this Gobi..I have been in your position..believe me i know its hard to see the real truth.. but plz...for your own sacke try..

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 16 May 2005).]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm not trying to be stubborn about it, and I'm not acting like "I don't want to be Muslim just because..." That's not the issue at all. Infact I have even thought about it. The only reason why I would convert , would be for her, because I love her so very much. The Issue is, deep inside my inner beliefs would conflict with some of the rules of Islam. I wouldn't feel true to it or myself. There are some basic human rights and choices that would be taken away from me, and I believe woman should have all the same rights and respect as men. I haven't seen that in Islam. I have not completely made up my mind on the subject but for now this is how I feel.

truly i know you know nothing of islam....since reading a few books doesnt give u a sound insight to the religion..

Societies..such as epyt and Religion such as Islam...are two differnet entities....

The key reason is logical...you absolutely need no understanding of islam or for that matter any religions....

Biologically...man is not = women......fact 1
psycologically females are the "emotional" sex.... fact 2

ect..ect//////

logic...women in all modern societies are socially unequal to there male counterparts..

In the context of religion now....

Islam states

socially females=males....

As modern science is consistant with Islam

physically....biologically....psycologically

However you prove a greater threat....Since you have no Belief of a Higher being...

which tips the scale

spirtually you would damage her already ill faith..

mixing fire with canol oil...perfect for a bomb fire....

Since as any sound individual knows...you have a direct influence on the other indvidual...which is unfortunately a female

this comes into a sociological context where influence in this relationship is not balanced ...as balance in any ancient and modern society is key...

when it comes to believers vs non believers..

it comes back to psyc

Since a family is a vital structure in society....

One that is confused....can Damage he structure whereby ...can indirectly lead to medical and othere illness indirectly...depression stress ect. ect.

Islam is the only religion in the entire world...that does not segregate or colorist...

The only religion where blacks=white=arabs=colored ect...

in the eyes of a sing higher being,,god,,male and females are equivalent in judgement....

Since your reasons are not legit...

you want t meet her to kiss cuddle ect a "real" relationship...

If you understand the basics of any religion there is good and evil..

in islam its manifested as good God and any relations with him and Evil the devil

Since kissing cuddling and padding leads to you no what thats associated with evil...why you ask

Since the person you are intimate..kissing cuddling..is intimacy..is Not in the Eyes of God...Yours...the makes complete sense in the context of Islam...

That is a reason why pubicint men and pubicint women are not allowed to be in the company of each other alone...As the "devil whispers"...

im not going to go on since its clear where i stand ....

Advise......

Analyize the true legitamacy of your pilgrimage to Egpyt.....before you jump on the next flight.....

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Atheist dont believe in G-o-d....
God doesnt believe in Atheist!!!

LOL

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I see your point. However I won't be having my children in Egypt. I will be in the United States. And as far as my children being bastards that are going to hell. That's only the religious veiw of the matter. Is there a hell, or does all matter return to nothing from wence we came? Who knows? We'll see at the last moment won't we. but in the end , it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong. Just be thankful you had a chance to live.

Amazing ...I overlooked this Quote...

Since i Proved proof ...unfortunately youre offspring are going to be caught between the cross fire....

Fortunately Americas....are integrate Christianisty and State together.... The only way you may be togther is to go throught a COMMONN LAW MARRIAGE...lol

Since MARRIAGE is a UNION....which predates any modern religion.....is directly asscociated with pre historic Religions...

In the eyes of there deities or gods....

SO MARRIAGE HAS NO MEANING TO YOU....SINCE THE BELIEF IN ANY HIGHER BEING IS GONE....

WHY ADOPT A CULTURE OR TRADTION THAT PAYS TRIBUTE TO GODS/ A GOD

WHAT A HYPOCRITE.....

nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:
Originally posted by mali:

SO MARRIAGE HAS NO MEANING TO YOU....SINCE THE BELIEF IN ANY HIGHER BEING IS GONE....

It's not how you NAME it, it's how you LIVE it my dear. Cohabitation is cohabitation name it what you wish and is not about the PAPER or to whom you tell about it, but is about how you treat each other and whether both gain from the union.

A homework for all dear muslims here: how do you think the rest of the world love and die happily, the 5.5 billion something people, with all their different gods and their prophets and some even totally godlessly. Do you really imagine you are this only group of chosen, illuminated people, the onely ones with hope? I wish I could enjoy self-evaluation of that level except I do not find any happiness in thinking I am better and so many others are worse off, I'd much rather believe we are all together pretty well off if know to live wisely and care also about the next person beside us, not just ourselves.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
It's not how you NAME it, it's how you LIVE it my dear. Cohabitation is cohabitation name it what you wish and is not about the PAPER or to whom you tell about it, but is about how you treat each other and whether both gain from the union.

Nevermind, I have to agree with you here. Who thought this would ever happen?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com