EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Rules against being with my Egyptian girlfriend? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Rules against being with my Egyptian girlfriend?
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
It's not how you NAME it, it's how you LIVE it my dear. Cohabitation is cohabitation name it what you wish and is not about the PAPER or to whom you tell about it, but is about how you treat each other and whether both gain from the union.

A homework for all dear muslims here: how do you think the rest of the world love and die happily, the 5.5 billion something people, with all their different gods and their prophets and some even totally godlessly. Do you really imagine you are this only group of chosen, illuminated people, the onely ones with hope? I wish I could enjoy self-evaluation of that level except I do not find any happiness in thinking I am better and so many others are worse off, I'd much rather believe we are all together pretty well off if know to live wisely and care also about the next person beside us, not just ourselves.

ditto From a muslim

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 16 May 2005).]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for gobi79harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

okay lets get this out there , because AGAIN, no one has read exactly what I have said before. I said I don't believe in Religion. I never mentioned not beliveing in a higher power i.e. GOD. Not once did I say that. Yet all of you have jumped to the false truth that I am an Atheist. I am agnostic , which means i don't believe in religion but I have not ruled out the possiblity of a higher being.

Posts: 18 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for gobi79harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mali:
[B].
SO MARRIAGE HAS NO MEANING TO YOU...

Marriage has more meaning than just being apart of a religious practice. It's about sticking together and raising a family. Strange how you are unaware of this most important fact. hmmmmm

Posts: 18 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gobi79harry:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mali:
[B].
SO MARRIAGE HAS NO MEANING TO YOU...

Marriage has more meaning than just being apart of a religious practice. It's about sticking together and raising a family. Strange how you are unaware of this most important fact. hmmmmm

Once again, you are the one who doesn't want to understand. You were asking about the rules here in Egypt, we tell you, but you reject them. Marriage doesn't have the same meaning here and there, sorry to tell you. Open your eyes, you want to marry an Egyptian, not an American. And it's not a matter of living here or there. If your GF really exists, she will always be an Egyptian, she has been raised in this culture, she is a part of it.

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gobi79harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UTsarah:
[B]this does seem like an elaborate internet scam. how come you won't answer the questions aboutwhat money you sent and where? you call her in egypt, is it a cell phone or a home phone? do you pay for her calls? where did she attend school, have you seen any pictures of her and her family, ect. ? if its actually legitimate it should be easy to explain, and those on here who know will tell you.

Yes of course , i've seen many pictures. I have even received a care package in the mail containing actual photos, and other gifts. The times i've sent money it has been around $100 or little more. She was going to university but had to drop out for health reasons. But I will not mention her where abouts and living conditions to strangers. And I won't mention anymore personal information about her. It's not my life story to give out and besides I don't want any harm to come to her.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gobi dont busy yourself with the religion discussion! did you read the other stuff that we've commented on? Plz read it! this is for your own sacke! dont get annoyed about what we say..we are not attacking you or your gf...but from what we have heard from YOU this all seems justa big drama scene that has happened many times before.

how old is she? and how did her parents abandoned her and why? cause they found out about you???? this is the first case i ever hear that parents abandon their daughter cause of internet love! specially in egypt! Gobi if they really thaught that way they wouldnt abandon her they would not allow her to enter the net at all.
Gobi always remember what is normal to you..is not far normal in egypt!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UTsarah:
[B]this does seem like an elaborate internet scam. how come you won't answer the questions aboutwhat money you sent and where? you call her in egypt, is it a cell phone or a home phone? do you pay for her calls? where did she attend school, have you seen any pictures of her and her family, ect. ? if its actually legitimate it should be easy to explain, and those on here who know will tell you.

Yes of course , i've seen many pictures. I have even received a care package in the mail containing actual photos, and other gifts. The times i've sent money it has been around $100 or little more. She was going to university but had to drop out for health reasons. But I will not mention her where abouts and living conditions to strangers. And I won't mention anymore personal information about her. It's not my life story to give out and besides I don't want any harm to come to her.

you know what dude...do whatever you want..we have tried to give you some of the things that might be the real truth..but in the end its up to you..

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 16 May 2005).]

gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by RaniaMe:
Once again, you are the one who doesn't want to understand. You were asking about the rules here in Egypt, we tell you, but you reject them. Marriage doesn't have the same meaning here and there, sorry to tell you. Open your eyes, you want to marry an Egyptian, not an American. And it's not a matter of living here or there. If your GF really exists, she will always be an Egyptian, she has been raised in this culture, she is a part of it.

I only asked about the rules for when i'm there. And I wasn't asking about the rules of marrige, i was asking the rules of dateing and relationship acceptance. I know marrige has different meaning in these two places, I told you i'm only concerened about the United States in regards to marrige. Of course she will always be Egyptian, what else, she's not going to roll up in a cacoon and turn into a German? don't be silly! I'm not trying to take anything away from her. I'm only fighting this silly rule that i have read on a muslim website by a muslim that states Allah is not intirely clear on the matter of a muslim woman with a non muslim man.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
harry, people who believe in islam, CHOOSE not to drink. alchohol is available in egypt, those who dont believe drink, and those who do, choose not to. thats why i told you not to convert unless you really believe.

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:

Serendipity, I don't know what to think anymore. I still wish to hold onto what I know to be true, but yes you and a few others have made good points. I never wanted to take this to the level of agrueing religion , because that is not the issue. We all went of on a tangent and I (for awhile) felt like I was being attacked. Maybe I shouldn't have posted here in the first place. All it has done is depress and confuse me more. (and Added more fear to my trip) I know that this all doesn't seem right to most , but maybe this is a special case. It all seems like a bizare twist of romeo and juliet. Lets hope it doesn't end the same way. "A Curse on both your houses"

[This message has been edited by gobi79harry (edited 16 May 2005).]

RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Gobi,

You asked about the rules here, you have them now: you can't take her hand, kiss her, see her at night.

You are talking about getting married, we tell you the rules as well: no marriage as long as you are not a muslim.

Someone kindly told you it's almost impossible to make her come that easy to the US, you don't want to face the truth, and still keep talking about the fact you will marry her in the US. When she's going to ask for her visa at the embassy and tell them she has an American fiance, she will be refused. Just like that. It happens for the US, but it will be the same in any embassy. Not the right time for emigrating or just travelling when you are an Arab. How humiliating.

You say she has been abandonned by her family, we tell you here it's IMPOSSIBLE to see something like that here. You say she's living alone, you get the same answer.

We don't know you, and we only answered you according to what you said, and according to all our previous experiences.

But enough on that topic. I sincerely wish you the best, have a great stay here in Egypt, and when you return, please tell us we were wrong.

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

Serendipity, I don't know what to think anymore. I still wish to hold onto what I know to be true, but yes you and a few others have made good points. I never wanted to take this to the level of agrueing religion , because that is not the issue. We all went of on a tangent and I (for awhile) felt like I was being attacked. Maybe I shouldn't have posted here in the first place. All it has done is depress and confuse me more. (and Added more fear to my trip) I know that this all doesn't seem right to most , but maybe this is a special case. It all seems like a bizare twist of romeo and juliet. Lets hope it doesn't end the same way. "A Curse on both your houses"

I know exactly how you feel..BELIEVE me I know. I know its very hard to imagine that the one you love can be a lier..but plz for your own sacke just question all of it before doing anything. Some ppl are good at acting like an angel and that you are their hero ..just for the sacke of visa and money..I know it must be very confusing cause you dont know who to believe the one you love and talked to for 3 years or total strangers in an egyptian forum. But remember none of us here benefit anything. For me I just wish you the best.. and hope that you dont fall in the trap that many before has done...

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Raniame's last post, go and see for yourself. For whatever you decide on afterwards - you will find a way........

Egypt is definitely worth a visit. Good luck!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
I thank you all for your help, info, and time. You may not think so , but It all has sunk in. I hope nothing i have said has offended anyone. I never meant to cause so much trouble. If it's not what it is when I get there, i'll just enjoy the stuff Egypt has to offer and go about my merry way. Who Knows maybe I'll even turn to Islam , I haven't ruled anything out. There are many choices that i guess are mine alone to take, and I will choose the path that best suits me. I'd do anything for this girl, and I hope it all works out. I'll post here to let all know if she was real or not. I still believe she is ,,,in my heart,
Thank you to all , and to all a goodnight

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I only asked about the rules for when i'm there. And I wasn't asking about the rules of marrige, i was asking the rules of dateing and relationship acceptance. I know marrige has different meaning in these two places, I told you i'm only concerened about the United States in regards to marrige. Of course she will always be Egyptian, what else, she's not going to roll up in a cacoon and turn into a German? don't be silly! I'm not trying to take anything away from her. I'm only fighting this silly rule that i have read on a muslim website by a muslim that states Allah is not intirely clear on the matter of a muslim woman with a non muslim man.

Hi gobi79harry!

I just wanted to make a slight correction to something you said. Allah is perfectly clear on the matter of a Muslim woman marrying a non-Muslim man, He said it in the Qur’an:
“O you who believe! When believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them, Allâh knows best as to their Faith, then if you ascertain that they are true believers, send them not back to the disbelievers, they are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them…That is the Judgement of Allâh. He judges between you. And Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Wise.” (60: 10)
As with anything we need to check the validity of the sources before we quote them.

And yes, I agree that the woman will never lose the fact that she is Egyptian, and likewise, unless she renounces her faith, however tenuous or not that may be at the moment, she will always be a Muslim and that will always influence what she does and thinks is the correct way to act as much as her being Egyptian will.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may also be useful form you to read: "Gender Equity in Islam" by Jamal Badawi. It may give you another perspective.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
The site I found that on was http://www.understanding-islam.com/rs/s-107.htm .
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
I never wish for her to give up the life of a muslim woman. I've said that before.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Everyone has his free will to belive in whatever he wants. In Islam we say No good comes out of forcing. ("la ikrah fil din") I know by the "muslims" who lives in our society its very hard to belive these words...but you should never judge Islam by the ones who are practising... go to the source. And Gobi i really hope everything turns out well for you...wish you the best

newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi gobi79harry!

On the surface this website appears to be a useful site, but I have visited a couple of times and have doubts about many things I have read, particularly about the qualification of the person answering the questions. As I said, you need to check the sources of your information, always. There are a lot of people out there claiming to be Islamic authorities without valid qualifications...a bit like quack doctors!

If as you say you want the woman you are talking about to continue with her faith, you are going to have to resolve the conflicts that some of the things you have said, somehow.

I agree with the others that you need to come here and meet her to find out what the real truth of her situation is, but if you find it is as you hope it will be, then you need to do some serious thinking and discussing about what the impact on any possible future will be of the differences in your faiths and how that can be resolved. Islam is a way of life, it affects everything you do, it can't just conveniently be rolled up and put in a corner when it doesn't suit you and brought out when it does. It's a comprehensive package! Good luck and may Allah guide you to the truth.

mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I never wish for her to give up the life of a muslim woman. I've said that before.

thats the thing with humans.....im not attacking you but your steering from the clear truth....

senario

if a individuals friend starts stealing...but the individual that is stealing tries there best to stay clear from there friend that thinks they dont know there stealing...but eventually finds out....but yet the individual that finds out believes there friend that steal will discontinue but to be in the presence of there friend at the store in the act and is successful....and continues...since the other friend does little...becuase the negative habit wontdirectly affect her/him...
however by unknowing facilitating his/her friend in the recreational habit....his/her morals were indanger but now its difficult to pull out f the hot water she/he has put him/her self into...

the friends negative habit unfortunately intersected with his/her lively hood....
and could dramaticly impact him/her to the point that he/she may pick it up...

Since in your case friendship is passed and a relationship of greater emotional and
physical ties are on the line...

and forget about religion in any logic...

YOU WILL HAVE A DIRECT IMPACT AND WILL INFLUENCE HER DECISION MAKING

PERIOD.....

So her religious beliefs as a result will conflict and MOST DEFINETLY will be on the line...YOU HAVE TO VIEW THIS CLEARLY.....

You have adopted and adapted to your surrondings....

And reform for any sake...even for love..i cant say here..seems unimportant...

Since love is a Emotion.....emotions change...and if thats the reason for marriage....I SUGGEST YOU TO ANALYIZE YOUR STEPS.....STARDING A FAMILY AND BECOMING 1 IS A HUGE LIFE EXPERIENCE...1 of WHICH IS REWARDING...and as confused as any1 in your possition is and dealing with such obstacles...Dont Come to a country for the Sake of meeting..in your case you havent met her before...So if you want to go abouts a great way...THAT DOESNT CONFLICT WITH YOUR values/morals i suggest you to meet Her in the Presence of agood friend of hers or relative...or a Good friend of yours ore relative of the opposite sex...Since you want no hassels and to RESPECT her CUSOMS/RELIGION...

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget it

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 16 May 2005).]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
Wow Mali, that was the most confusingly written scenario I have ever stumbled to read. I follow you but I don't agree. That can't always be the case. If a person holds to what they think true, they won't bend to anyone who says differently. And in the case of a relationship, couples always differ on some issues. This would just be one of those issues. I don't see that causing a problem. You say ketchup I say catchup. She's her own person, she can make what ever choices she wishes. I will not influence, only support those choices.

just because my roomate watches a t.v. show I hate all the time. doesn't mean I have to watch it. I read a book or take a walk. I don't have to watch the show. just like someone doesn't have to agree to my opinion.

And If your love is real and true it won't change but age like wine. What better reason to get married if you have love. What do you think marrige is for profit?, status, because the woman has nice child baring hip? What works best for you? Love is the only reason I believe people join together. Would you marry someone you didn't really love in your heart. Someone you're drawn to and feel pain for when they are not near. "All you need is love" John Lennon said that. Smart man , shot in the back , very sad.

mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wow Mali, that was the most confusingly written scenario I have ever stumbled to read. I follow you but I don't agree. That can't always be the case. If a person holds to what they think true, they won't bend to anyone who says differently. And in the case of a relationship, couples always differ on some issues. This would just be one of those issues. I don't see that causing a problem. You say ketchup I say catchup. She's her own person, she can make what ever choices she wishes. I will not influence, only support those choices.

just because my roomate watches a t.v. show I hate all the time. doesn't mean I have to watch it. I read a book or take a walk. I don't have to watch the show. just like someone doesn't have to agree to my opinion.

And If your love is real and true it won't change but age like wine. What better reason to get married if you have love. What do you think marrige is for profit?, status, because the woman has nice child baring hip? What works best for you? Love is the only reason I believe people join together. Would you marry someone you didn't really love in your heart. Someone you're drawn to and feel pain for when they are not near. "All you need is love" John Lennon said that. Smart man , shot in the back , very sad.

well i atest to that...

since Ancestry

whether homo sapiens or adam eve

the emotion of love...was far from concern

since the survival of there seed was more then enough signifacnct to bring the world as is today.....

To some love= meaningless emotions that stand in the way....

to others love= a cause to die for....

since sterotyping is more important here...egypto society.....

ir for that matter islam

well in Islam reference....there are 5 reasons for marriage

1...you already said profit/security
2.beauty
3. child barring
4. relations between commuinties and bring about peace....done alot during the Med Ages.
5.LOVE...yes love

this is only based on both partner or the male partner being a Muslim

Since the MALE SEX...is a DOMINATING Sex...right there it is Forbidden for A Muslim women to marry a non muslim

im no going to be fandy dandy and say its All sweet....Since marriage is serious...im not her to give advice...

but as you stated....its only a ISSUE...

Since the word ISSUE...Is interchangably used with the word PROBLEM....

YOUR sentence is confusing to understand

since its a ISSUE...there needs to be a SOLUTION...

And not addressing the ISSUE...is plain old standing in a pit of DENIAL...

so resolve the ISSUE....

Since a Visa to bring her over to the us is a ISSUE....

There are other barriers or ISSUES you clearly need to SOLve...before it affects the marriage...SINCE yes LITTLE THINGS CAN BREAK UP A MARRIAGE...

AS LITTLE AS HOW A SPOUSE BITES ON THERE TOE NAILS...!!!

realism is key.....

Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTsarah
Member # 7645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UTsarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone should be focused on the fact that this whole relationship is definitly a scam. he is being used and doesn't know it, or if he does then he's so in love with the idea of this relationship that he doesn't care.

also, this guy asks for advice, then argues against it because its not what he wants to hear. he's been told repeatedly that even the smallest details he's given point towards lies, yet he still plays games!

you sent money to someone in a foreign country you "met" on the internet! are you that niave? i think you must be, because this is common sense stuff. i get the impression that you make these types of decisions all the time, am i right? impulsive choices, big life changing moves that amount to nothing, all because you didn't listen to advice or even put any thought into what you were doing.

i know this is very harsh, but come on, he makes pompus statements that come off like the over dramatic thoughts of a teenage loser. the silly attempts at sounding deep, the lame attemps at smart references, its all just sad and childish. people who have lived and experienced the culture and society you ask about give you good sound advice, and you insult or ignore them and tell them how it really is. if you won't listen, then i think you deserve the reality check thats waiting for you.

Posts: 2 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by UTsarah:
everyone should be focused on the fact that this whole relationship is definitly a scam. he is being used and doesn't know it, or if he does then he's so in love with the idea of this relationship that he doesn't care.

also, this guy asks for advice, then argues against it because its not what he wants to hear. he's been told repeatedly that even the smallest details he's given point towards lies, yet he still plays games!

you sent money to someone in a foreign country you "met" on the internet! are you that niave? i think you must be, because this is common sense stuff. i get the impression that you make these types of decisions all the time, am i right? impulsive choices, big life changing moves that amount to nothing, all because you didn't listen to advice or even put any thought into what you were doing.

i know this is very harsh, but come on, he makes pompus statements that come off like the over dramatic thoughts of a teenage loser. the silly attempts at sounding deep, the lame attemps at smart references, its all just sad and childish. people who have lived and experienced the culture and society you ask about give you good sound advice, and you insult or ignore them and tell them how it really is. if you won't listen, then i think you deserve the reality check thats waiting for you.

UT couldnt say it better...it has nothing to do with the relationship whther a scam or not...

its just the childish persona he has with his sterotypical comments that a 13 yr old would make...

either this posters a 13 yr or a fool period...

newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi gobi79harry!

Another thing you should do is to check out sites about interfaith marriages. There are other people who thought naively, like you that it wouldn’t make a difference, but down the line it has caused huge problems. It sounds like you haven’t had much exposure to Muslims other than this woman. Perhaps you should go to your local mosque and meet some! As I said, Islam is a way of life, it doesn’t just affect the way you pronounce a word or like certain television programmes, it is a basic belief system that affects everything from the way you deal with people, the way you earn/save your money, how you go to the bathroom, what you eat, when and how you can have sex, along with the requirements for praying 5 times a day and fasting for a whole month in the year, etc. etc. etc.

You could be being taken for a ride, as the others are suggesting; there is nothing wrong in someone wanting to make their life better and looking for a way out of a difficult life situation, we all do that. But if her intention is purely to hook someone to get her out of Egypt by making them feel sorry for her and it is based on lies, and if she gets out she will make his life hell or continue to abuse his trust, then that is another issue.

If however, it seems that her intentions are just to find someone to support her you have some serious studying to do about Islam before you are ready to take on that responsibility!

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people are just SO helpful here, but maybe let's cut down on the drama now? Millions of people have the same situation every day - meeting another person and not quite knowing to trust her/him and not quite knowing yet where it all will lead. Not so big deal.

Aren't the happiest people the kind of (can I put this way?) Heminguesque people who have the ability to simply sort down the life to its simple pleasures - food, sleep and maybe sex if you are the more lucky, smiles of good people, a firm handshake now and then...

It is the kind of life you lead when you detach yourself from any kind of organised administrative system, whether religious or secular, as much as practicable, so here's also a point to think about: that the systems we have created and still continue building in the world, may be more of a burden to an individual rather than something that would help him enjoy his life....???

So, he'll go, visit, meet her, find ways to spend time with her the way they both wish (we human beings are creative and who of you was it who even pointed out a park in Cairo, in Zamalek? where couples sitting on benches where much more interested in gazing at each other that at the beautiful surroundings?) and just carry on day by day until they both like how it makes them feel.

And with the US embassy, with a country that supposedly has an issue with islam, wouldn't it make such a helpful case to aid a young loving couple who are forced to FLEEEEEEE (here drama become shelpful again ) because she is facing horrible denouncement from her community and his human right to marry for love is violated??
I am sure they can eventually find SOME country that will receive them because believes in keeping administrative and spiritual issues apart.

About islam being SOOO different, no it is NOT. It is a different kind of cocktail form the cocktail of say catholicism or buddism, but the deepest values and those that the wisest religious people actually follow, are based on humanistic principles and some good sound common truth.
Some others are based on frightening people into obedience (the purpose of all organised believing) which may even have not been so bad thing in a totally unruly country but should probably change as people change; and yet some are based on deficient knowledge of the times when the story was compiled, but these are really not so important.

That a person in the family chooses not to eat
or only chooses to eat special food is no big deal in the West, quite contrary it is harder and harder to find a person who eats normal things at normal times. That one has special rules for sex... some other people call it care and common sense. That people pray a certain times a day... a pause every 50 minutes is not only healthy for eyes and mind but also helps to relieve pressure like any kind of meditation would.

We (you) just call this concoction islam, but if you sort it out it is still just the same: sugar, water, sun, flour... just the same basic beliefs and values that other good caring people in the world have, be they believers in gods or not. If you share these same values then you'll like each others decisions and can create a smooth life together and the small details over that are not really so important. Concentrate on similarities instead because this is what you can build into a common basis.
Love!!!

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I thank you all for your help, info, and time. You may not think so , but It all has sunk in. I hope nothing i have said has offended anyone. I never meant to cause so much trouble. If it's not what it is when I get there, i'll just enjoy the stuff Egypt has to offer and go about my merry way. Who Knows maybe I'll even turn to Islam , I haven't ruled anything out. There are many choices that i guess are mine alone to take, and I will choose the path that best suits me. I'd do anything for this girl, and I hope it all works out. I'll post here to let all know if she was real or not. I still believe she is ,,,in my heart,
Thank you to all , and to all a goodnight

Hi there
It might be worthwhile to visit your local mosque & arrange an appointment with the Imam to get some of your basic questions answered in preparation for your trip to Egypt. People here have said it before: Islam is a way of life and has a profound impact on how people live their lives including marriage e.g. the saying goes here that 'marriage is half of religious duty'. I know that the reality of this statement will only sink in once you have had more exposure to the way of life here.
I hope you will get the chance to meet & get to know her family. One thing is for sure, you will be asked a lot of personal questions including 'what is your religion' and you better come prepared for that. Anyways, I wish you the very best of luck & I hope that things work out for the best.
Cheers
Ann

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by a person here:
are you that niave?

Naiivety, contrary to popular belief, is actually a positive human trait. It is what enables us to believe in new posibilites and that there are things and truths we do not know as yet. It helps find and create new solutions to (usually old ) problems, in contrast to the "know it all" type of life fatigue.

Anyway, if you face a risk of erring, like so often in life when you step into unknown, then which is a more fullfilling option--to err to the side of sure profit for you, or to err to the side of a sure profit for another person?
To risk with hurting an innocent person out of overcaring for yourself, or take a hurt out of overcaring for others? I believe am strong enough to risk with a few blows now and them, if it grants me baby's sleep each night (LUVVVVVE to sleep )

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
[B] Naiivety, contrary to popular belief, is actually a positive human trait. B]

Nevermind this poem is for you

SONNET 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

by William Shakespeare

egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptfind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, as the other imposter ( ? ) said, you can walk about and have innocent fun, eat and drink and talk in public, but there will be no need taking her to a hotel.
Is not great to keep her fresh,for later?

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 14 May 2005).][/B][/QUOTE]
My goodness, fresh for later??? like a vegetable or a piece of meat????

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serendipity:
[B] Nevermind this poem is for you

Thank you Seren, I am a fair maid as can be but so fair as to deserve such beauty of mind and word, I am not .
Let it then rather be a poem for all lovers, OK?, because, my word, I have read my share of S. in my early years but mostly his plays which are mainly witty. Anything of such beauty I have not read before.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serendipity:
[B] Nevermind this poem is for you

Thank you Seren, I am a fair maid as can be but so fair as to deserve such beauty of mind and word, I am not .
Let it then rather be a poem for all lovers, OK?, because, my word, I have read my share of S. in my early years but mostly his plays which are mainly witty. Anything of such beauty I have not read before.

Your welcome dear Girl if shakespeare excisted now i would marry him!! (hehe i am a sentimental fool)

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for he_love 21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm not trying to be stubborn about it, and I'm not acting like "I don't want to be Muslim just because..." That's not the issue at all. Infact I have even thought about it. The only reason why I would convert , would be for her, because I love her so very much. The Issue is, deep inside my inner beliefs would conflict with some of the rules of Islam. I wouldn't feel true to it or myself. There are some basic human rights and choices that would be taken away from me, and I believe woman should have all the same rights and respect as men. I haven't seen that in Islam. I have not completely made up my mind on the subject but for now this is how I feel.

Hi goby....I hope my story make you have your own option.I am Moslem woman but live in Indonesia your case almost same like me.My bf an American and we have relationship for 3years and he visited me every year to know each other.He did not believe any religion too.He know me from the beginning that I am moslem and can not marry with non moslem,for me its difficult to deep relation since I know he have no inten to convert,He almost like you have reason with did not believe religion..but I realize after 3 yrs he is my fake.We talk and confirm to get win-win solution.When he visited me he stayed in hotel and I can visit him also..so do not so complicated with this believe if you really have good hearth Allah may hear you.back to topic,I and my bf decide to get marry but we have problem with religion,I still want to do marry with Islam way and for him impossible,but because he loves me and I want to tolerans with him so we decide when get marry he convert to Islam and marry me but with wrong reason I know...but only Allah know what the true or not so calm down ,just to help your girl did not feeling sin every day its her life...but we comprimese to legal in US because US do not need actually have to be same religion.So yan take her to US marry her in US without be a moslem,but marry her with Islam way.
Loves can comes many ways......believe that.I believe with you said its your fake because I feel the same thing and I cannot run with this.
You know what you want and you all mature can think the good or wrong,,life have a risk dont be afraid what you choose if someday you failed...its just life nobody now the future except God.Follow your heart and compromised with your girl.Bravo...
Hopefully you have option when you read my posting.

Posts: 184 | From: Maadi-Cairo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for he_love 21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GB....I read all your posting....Do you want to know something all herestory:
My bf send me money and more than 100$ so its not wrong if you believe that your gf a good person.Hey all realize still have girl ask money but have good hearth.I am moslem and my bf just believe god not religion.Want to know the truth I can come visit my bf in hotel I dont think so hotel staff will asked the ID of your gf.And I know the story like you never meet and plan marry and the next happy ending story.I getting marry also with my bf who that non-moslem.
So GB if you think you wright so do it.Just tthink you come to cairo for vacation and the same time to know your gf more so if something happened nothing to loose right?
Good luck

Posts: 184 | From: Maadi-Cairo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gobi79harry
Member # 7630

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by he_love 21:
Hi GB....I read all your posting....Do you want to know something all herestory:
My bf send me money and more than 100$ so its not wrong if you believe that your gf a good person.Hey all realize still have girl ask money but have good hearth.I am moslem and my bf just believe god not religion.Want to know the truth I can come visit my bf in hotel I dont think so hotel staff will asked the ID of your gf.And I know the story like you never meet and plan marry and the next happy ending story.I getting marry also with my bf who that non-moslem.
So GB if you think you wright so do it.Just tthink you come to cairo for vacation and the same time to know your gf more so if something happened nothing to loose right?
Good luck

Thank you he_love21

You have really eased my mind. I'm glad I am not alone in this situation. For awhile I thought we were the only moslem/non-moslem couple. So your boyfriend IS going to convert when you marry? I love my girlfriend with all my being! All I want in life is to spend everyday with her and have a family. We make each other very happy and if God didn't want us to be together then we never would have met and fell in love. There is a reason for everything and I thank the God everyday for her.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
...My bf send me money and more than 100$ so its not wrong if you believe that your gf a good person....Want to know the truth I can come visit my bf in hotel I dont think so hotel staff will asked the ID of your gf.

Assalamu alaykum Hanny!

As you will find out, there are some major differences between Egypt and Indonesia...they are both predominantly Muslim countries, but Egypt is more strict about upholding some aspects of Islam than Indonesia.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Good luck

Girl are you from indonesia!!!
I have lived in Indonesia for one year!! I miss it soooooo much! Its one of the most beautiful countries I have been to.

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Girl are you from indonesia!!!
I have lived in Indonesia for one year!! I miss it soooooo much! Its one of the most beautiful countries I have been to.

Yea..I am from Indonesia thanks to say Indonesia beautiful country I'd love too.Come again to Indonesia and you already have friend guys.ha..ha.. I am not anxious to know egypt..yea I know Egypt more stricht than Indonesia.I am moslem bu t I did not use jihab like most Indonesians but I still believe that my religion the best!ha..ha..

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
yes I am Indonesian girl..Thanks for said Indonesia beautiful country.Come again and you already have friend now.I anxious to come to Egypt.
he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
quote:
Thank you he_love21

You have really eased my mind. I'm glad I am not alone in this situation. For awhile I thought we were the only moslem/non-moslem couple. So your boyfriend IS going to convert when you marry? I love my girlfriend with all my being! All I want in life is to spend everyday with her and have a family. We make each other very happy and if God didn't want us to be together then we never would have met and fell in love. There is a reason for everything and I thank the God everyday for her.

HI GB really romance guy ha..!!its ok I am happy too have friend and the same problem.World its not small.
Yea He being convert to Islam for One day(sorry to all moslem here..but for me better than I do sin)its mean He convert because marry me but legal again in US without said He is moslem.In Indonesia if legal have to be the same religion..goverment can not mary with accross religion.So we have win-win solution.we respect each other what our wwant.I believe also meet this person my fake because I never think,or expect to have bf from US and accross religion but God meet us.
Dont worry GB you are man so something trouble happened you can go on again.If you did not come to Egypt you have big question all of your life.I have been US for 1 month to know him.So do it its a life Man!!!

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Assalamu alaykum Hanny!

As you will find out, there are some major differences between Egypt and Indonesia...they are both predominantly Muslim countries, but Egypt is more strict about upholding some aspects of Islam than Indonesia.

Hi too New comer...i understand that some differences I just did not make so compicated with GB how rules etc..as along as He not to out of line wherever he come another country I thought its not problem.He just want being litlle bit romance if I am not wrong.

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Hi GB..again yea he convert to Islam (he Said being Islam for one day).sorry to all this is like strengt but for it is more better than marry without bless from Allah I just think allah have something behind.Do not say I am not religious,I pray everyday and sometime do Tahajjud to comunicate with Allah about my problem because I can not solve my problem with logical and after 3 yrs I decide do with him...this my responsibility with Allah..ance again how we big the sin we make except allah.I give you suggest just convet to Islam marry her and after that its you responsibility if you really sure thet is your choice.
I feel happy to know not only me have problem.You have friend now GB .Ok GB if you really sure what your want just do it or you have big question all of your life.actually you are Man not woman have to be more carefull.Cheerssss!!!

newcomer
Member # 1056

Assalamu alaykum Henny!

Not only does a person have to convert to Islam with their mouth, but also with their heart, mind, and body (i.e. in their actions). If your boyfriend is knowingly only converting on paper for a day, do you really think that Allah will be fooled by that?! Secondly, to have a legitimate Islamic marriage you have to have your wali present and do it in front of two reliable Muslim witnesses, and the person doing the ceremony should be sure that the two people are legally entitled to marry each other; without meeting these conditions you will still be committing a sin in the eyes of Islam. I know this is all between you and Allah, and you are held responsible for your own actions, but as a Muslim I am obliged to give advice to fellow Muslims and where possible give correct information to non-Muslims.

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Assalamu alaykum Henny!

Not only does a person have to convert to Islam with their mouth, but also with their heart, mind, and body (i.e. in their actions). If your boyfriend is knowingly only converting on paper for a day, do you really think that Allah will be fooled by that?! Secondly, to have a legitimate Islamic marriage you have to have your wali present and do it in front of two reliable Muslim witnesses, and the person doing the ceremony should be sure that the two people are legally entitled to marry each other; without meeting these conditions you will still be committing a sin in the eyes of Islam. I know this is all between you and Allah, and you are held responsible for your own actions, but as a Muslim I am obliged to give advice to fellow Muslims and where possible give correct information to non-Muslims.

I understand very well with this condition yes he will convert infront of people,have witneses and do ceremony..I understand the rules etc...but I decide to do and slowly to teach him islam and show him how be good islam and pray to Allah give hidayah (ilham) to him really want be islam without pushing,sometime we can not expect too much.starting from I know him I pray everyday to want really convert to islam still now.BUt it did not work so I will be sin forever that Qoran said ...once again only Allah know what you do...I just try to do the best even its wrong ...I wish never happened to me but did and I can not run.
I did not mean it is right...but its a life sometime bad I still pray will be better later and good.Thanks new comer I concern to with that. I read one posting that muslim woman (Paskitanis) marry with christian without blessing first with allah and they do in dutch for legal...sometime people dont want to do but have to do.
I did not mean non-muslim do it the same like me....it just my decision.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He_love and to the rest, I just wonder dont you think that Allah is putting you on a test? Dont you think He wants you to learn something from it? Dont you belive that whats starts wrong ends wrong? Allah knows how we humans are he knows you better than i do or even you bf do. He created you and He knows how vulnerable our hearts are and how weak we sometimes get. But dont you think that is why we have rules we need to follow. You are free to do whatever you like to do. But its so strange that you will jump into marriage ONLY for love..where there is no basic that support us. LOVE is not the thing that will make a marriage last. its your mind. its the mindly bond between to couples. the understanding between the two. Do you have that? But than again if religion is not that important to you, wich it obviously doesnt seem like it, it wont matter that much. just go ahead and marry him. and when you say he will be a muslim later ...well inshallah..but you are only fooling yourself. But inshallah who knows, Allah Subhana we ta3ala says kon fa yakon. Inshallah.
newcomer
Member # 1056

Assalamu alaykum Henny!

Sadly in your response you only repeated my words that would only make your marriage appear to be a legal one in the eyes of the people, but it missed out the words that would make it legal in the eyes of Allah. Conversion in front of people by saying the words is not what makes someone a Muslim; it is truly meaning it in their heart and mind and showing it in their actions. And witnesses and a ceremony without him fulfilling the criteria for being there in the first place make it a sham ceremony and a lie to the people and to Allah. And you don’t mention your father/guardian, is he in on the lie too?

You are the one who is making this decision, no one else. You are not being forced to make it, you don’t have to do it, you have been given a choice. You are a human being to whom Allah gave free will to make choices over how you lead your life and you are choosing to commit a sin. It’s true the choice you have been given is a difficult one, but never the less, you have been given a choice. You don’t have to choose to commit a sin, you can say no, even though your heart is wanting you to say yes. Sometimes we have to make hard decisions; I did once and it was very difficult, but I know it can be done. It is one of the tests of your faith. I am sorry if my words come over as being harsh, but you know in your heart that what I am saying is true and why I am saying it.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I have to say is PLEASE COME BACK AFTER YOU'VE BEEN IN EGYPT AND GOTTEN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENED.

I'm giving odds that either she doesn't show up or that she isn't all she claims to have been, but maybe I'll be wrong.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Thanks to all....I really thanks for the comment and I am not heartless about it..this topic for GB actually but thanks for response me I concern I have to do my religion very well...but?I just be positive after convert Islam step by step he will follow me and do Islam I wish....that true I hold with kun fayakun and Allah make come true.Thats wat from me have to patient give example how moslem to do but if finally did not work once again I just try to do the best in the worst.Ok friends thanks to all give the advice .I am sure I will stay in Egypt and come back again still keep in touch with this forum and update my story.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com