EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Are Egyptian Men So Bad To be Trusted in love by foreigners (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are Egyptian Men So Bad To be Trusted in love by foreigners
Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Vito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Just i wanna mention that i'm totally understand the look of most of egyptians to other foreiners specially women,,
i believe that we have different cultures than Europ...
Most of egyptian men look 2 foreign woman as they r easy hunt for sex..
i agree that of course also some foreign girls help in this look,,anyway it has many reasons i'll not go into it,,
i am just talking abt if there is bad egyptians so is it law for all egptians to be bad as well,,,
I'm In True Love with some foreigner gurl,,,
i really love her and wish that she could b my wife but the problem is that she discovered that Egypt is very danger place to live in,,i agree with some of this,,but sure not all,
She is really good but she is afraid from ppl look and believes here,,she will not just put Hegab and try to live here,
If anyone Could just show that Egypt its not that bad and that she can live here in safety specially that i am with her,So i'll be greatful,
i don wanna lose a girl that really love because of some silly ppl here in my country..............thank u

Posts: 68 | From: Egypt,Cairo | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Vito,

who would ask the love of our life to wear the Hajab being a non-Muslim in Egypt? In the beginning, everything seems strange and different in Egypt in the eyes of foreigners. What my husband did for a very long time in the beginning of our life in Cairo
1) he always tried to translate and explain everything that was said in front of me by his friends and family, so I would not feel anything 'funny' is being said. Once even he critized my mom in law for making a joke about a bad mother-in-law that included a 'bad'face. As I did not understand any Arabic he critized her (in front of the neighbours - kaman), explained and apologized to me.
3) he never left me alone for fear I may feel lonely and get homesick
4) he tried everything to read my lips for anything I might wish for
5) he did never push me or ask me to behave as if I were Egyptian, or Muslim
6) and we talked, talked, talked

I suggest: ask her to come and stay for a while to get to know the people and the country, she'll be conviced fast that Egypt is certainly not a dangerous place to live in! tell us more about her and her nationality, maybe we can come up with some Forums or sites where foreign ladies can meet each other to exchange information and experiences... or even meet her in person.

All the best and keep us updated,

salaam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really i'm first glad that u have a good person,also i respect what he did for u and i hope to do the same with her...
seconde glad for answering me and get me some hope abt my problem,
She is russian but really good one..she is 20 lives in Moscow.
i knew many other foreigners from many places on earth and really she is good person,
Also she came here many times and even she stayed for long time,abt 3 months here in Cairo and some in sharm,she used to study somethin here in universities,,,
so she lived here for a while but still afraid specially if she will live forever or atleast for years,,
Anyway She will come but the problem is to overcome her fear,,,
so would u just tell me how many years u spent here and if u r happy with stay or not??
what r the problems that u might face here? and how u pass it and what is the worst in here?
just to help her i have to know what she will face,,so u r good experienced person to ask u...
thank u again Karin,,,
ur arabic language is cool

Posts: 68 | From: Egypt,Cairo | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delete

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 23 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i know her well,,,we've been 2 years knowing each others,,
just if u could help with the questions that i asked to Karin in the previous msg,,,i'll be thankful,,,
just i wanna know problems that she might face in here in Egypt as well as good things,,,she is watching this forum,and i hope she gets something useful to make her feel little save and not to worry much.....
thank u Katrina

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound a really nice and loving guy and the fact you have made the effort to try and find her reassurance I think shows you as very thoughtful. Normally it is the women that do the research and i think you should tell your girlfriend that I said you are a really responsible man for doing this for her.

I am married to an Egyptian for just over a year now and living here in Egypt. I love it, there are many things I have had to adjust to but my husband has tried to make it as easy for me as possible. Also the rest of his family have taken me to their hearts and I truly appreciate their love and kindness and anything I have had to give up is worth it for this.

I don't wear hijab, i am not a muslim nor has my husband every asked me to. i do dress respectfully but in Western clothes although I do have some lovely galabeyas I sometimes wear.

So far I have found Egypt like coming home, certain things are bad and hurt but this is true in every country and the good foar out weigh the bad.

If you have the loving support of your husband and his family then your life here will be fantastic and I can't recommend it enough.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Akshar,
thanx alot for ur words,it means alot to me,,and i hope it means also for her .
i totally agree that any place in the world has the good and bad things,,,
really here the good things is not little and i think its much more than bad things.
I think here ppl atleast live in save,,
freedome here has different meaning than european countries,but when u understand it well it will b enough...
really u helped me alot showing for my girlf how it is not impossible to live in here,mayb also u helped me to show the same for other girls that want to live here or afraid from love with egyption..
i hope really that we all understand the type of people here in Egypt and how we have different minds and thoughts,as there r some bad ppl who lower the image of Egypt as there r good people who can b trusted,
Tell Me Akshar what is ur country? and what things truelly u want here in Egypt but its not existing?i mean what is worth thing here in Egypt?

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[delete

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 12 March 2004).]

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Katrina,
Thans alot,i'm not bothering myself or doing effort,,if i am not doing this for the one that i love and want so for who i'll do,,
thanx again you have really put very clear points and advices that i should b aware of.
Really i would never know this alone..
Abt Hejab i know it would b a shoke and will not put an end for this fear,i do agree with you,,,
Just i did something and we had a fight,,,because i wanted to show her something bad but also has some truth abt Some egyption people,,,and i wanted only that i truelly love her and don't want to hide something from her before she move to here,,,,this something was an Email containing a link,,,Its abt Woman Travellers..then she was very very scared..and now i'm trying to relax her some and search for ways to get her trust in country back,,,,please go and visit this link and tell me waht do u think http://www.mytravelguide.com/city-guide/Africa-&-Middle-East/Egypt/Women-travellers

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
i live in Cairo,Mohndseen,
And Its not that important for me to wear Hejab.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vito:
Akshar,
thanx alot for ur words,it means alot to me,,and i hope it means also for her .
i totally agree that any place in the world has the good and bad things,,,
really here the good things is not little and i think its much more than bad things.
I think here ppl atleast live in save,,
freedome here has different meaning than european countries,but when u understand it well it will b enough...
really u helped me alot showing for my girlf how it is not impossible to live in here,mayb also u helped me to show the same for other girls that want to live here or afraid from love with egyption..
i hope really that we all understand the type of people here in Egypt and how we have different minds and thoughts,as there r some bad ppl who lower the image of Egypt as there r good people who can b trusted,
Tell Me Akshar what is ur country? and what things truelly u want here in Egypt but its not existing?i mean what is worth thing here in Egypt?

What is there about Egypt that I didn't get in the UK. that is a big question.

In the UK it was all rush and hurry and material possessions. You worked long and hard but for what. You crammed your house full of gadgets and ornaments for what. There was never any time. I had a good job, I was an IT consultant and Chairman of my trade association. I appeared on TV and radio. BUT

when I was here I felt like I came home, the warmth and sincerity of the people, the history and culture, the simple life.

Then moving here and becomming part of Mahmoud's family what joy. I swear to God I have more love from my mother in law than from my real mother. A couple of times I have been ill and everyone dropped what they were doing and rushed round to my home to cook and clean and look after my daughter.

They so appreciate me and care about me.

It is so safe here my daughter can walk down the street in complete saftey something she could never do in London. As she goes down she sees a cousin, an uncle relative after relative. Everyone knows her and says hello. She is so happy here.

I think Egypt has the secret that we in the West have lost, family life is the true happiness not a DVD player. I feel more femimine here, more cared for, more appreciated, more relaxed.

Of course I also love the history so that is a big bonus for me.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey I think most of Egyptian men looking for foreigner women not for sex only but for manythings also like their personality, their beauty, their open minds and their independency..
so that believe me I'm an Egyptian man and I mean every word I say, those guys who are looking for foreigner women are teenage.. but adult men looking for foreigner women just for stable and longe tearm life.

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gebo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Vito,

First of all it’s an unbelievable thing you are doing now for this forum. I hoped that one day someone positive from Egypt will appear here and show another side of the coin.
I write because you reminded me a man who I met in Egypt and those stories here were one of the hints which destroyed my internal order and I lost my faith in the person I met.
So, it can be sometimes very powerful tool of influencing people’s minds.
Of course his behaviour also caused it.
Anyway, I believe that if 2 people really love, respect each other, they always find a way to communicate. So do you. So do I.
I wish you all the best and I’m sure you will succeed in every field of your life.

All what I know is that we must trust other people. Not be stupid and blind etc. I have a problem with it, but TRUST is a key word.

Words are words but our doings always tell the truth. And you are doing it.

Again, I believe in you and the girl you love.
Meeting a person you love and she loves you is happiness. Creating something good with his/ her is our choice, will, and work. If you want good relationship with one another you must stop for a while and talk to them and create your own picture of the world and relationship . I do believe that people can make miracles. We must remember you are 1 world and she is 1 different world. And now you need to create common world out of those 2 - despite all the differences.

By the way, I’m too busy to be here so often, but that’s right that Monica and all people here are great. Very individual and strong personalities who have both sensitivity and sensibility.
All the best for both of you!
And everybody here!
PS The society we live in, create enormous load of negative thoughts. It influence everybody.That’s why it’s so difficult to change it. It takes time. But here is so much sunshine.

Posts: 28 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is true that this forum needed/needs, more Egyptian men's respectable views and opinions, on how they treat their girlfriend/ wife to be.

More testimonials of well treated women like those of karin and Akshar are needed to at least IMPROVE, the reputation of our Egyptian men - which is, after all, highly linked to the intelligence of women that befriend them!

It's an insult to the intelligence of an Egyptian woman, when a foreigner questions the decency of her Egyptian/fiancé/ husband.

Thanks for your good words gebo, take care

Monica
Vito: thanks

QUOTE]Originally posted by gebo:
Hello Vito,

First of all it’s an unbelievable thing you are doing now for this forum. I hoped that one day someone positive from Egypt will appear here and show another side of the coin.

By the way, I’m too busy to be here so often, but that’s right that Monica and all people here are great. Very individual and strong personalities who have both sensitivity and sensibility.
All the best for both of you!
And everybody here!
PS The society we live in, create enormous load of negative thoughts. It influence everybody.That’s why it’s so difficult to change it. It takes time. But here is so much sunshine.

[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 13 March 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Thanks alot Gebo i really did what i had to do and i think i am not the only person who would do this,,,alot of people really like to show some abt the positive and negative sides of our country and thoughts,,,,
maybe the have no chance to participate in here,,but i'm sure that there is,,,
I really think that the best thing to face ur problems not to run away from it,,,
once i wrote this topic,,,i thought that i'll be attacked by others and will just sit trying to show them the truth,,,but what happened that i met alot of people who supported me and helped me in my problem....
Aakshar,
U showed alot about the beautiful of Egypt families relation,,,,really here its amazing,when u r in trouble u will find many to help even if they don know u,,,people here love each others "in most cases " and they care abt eachothers,,,,i think in ur country the word "neighborhood" has different meaning here in Egypt,,,
Thank u alot Akshar and thanx for all Mahmoud's Family,, and welcome in ur home Egypt
Monica u r cool,,,, thanx
i think we will tank each others alot...
At last i wanna opinion abt the link that i put in perivious reply for Katrina

gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gebo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you, Vito, we’ll not follow false ways, you will succeed. All the afford you do makes you more conscious what you really want in this life.…There are many people but there is only one person who we can make special and to whom we can be devoted truly… I hope I’m clear. It’s not brainwash, hopefully.

This is a Vito’s profile but ... Monica, you attract my attention - too. The most funny thing is that our name has something in common…I know you’ve got much more interest and experience with Egypt in general.

Anyway, Monica, I care of you, don’t take too much on your back! So do I.
You are like the sunshine and you are very clever. Have you seen “Passion” by Mel Gibson? It’s so universal.
This forum for me attracts very miraculous people.
All the best

Posts: 28 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Vito,
You see, this is one of the questions for me: why people who do something good expect punishment? You are involved into relationship with your heart and so far as you not use or “own” another person everything is all right.
Well, this seems to be an international side so you’ll get a universal outlook.
This side, for me, also attract sensitive people like never I experienced before.
Those people here said many wise things and all what must be underlined again is that’s o far as you are with your girlfriend she will not experience any hardship.
Never. Because she is with you and you protect her, It’s very powerful.
So far as you are clean.
My God.Stay like that.

Have a nice day

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gebo,
I really appreciate your words and i just wanna thank u,,
People here r helping alot,atleast they get what i feel.
They give me alot of advices and hints that i might not be able to discover or to act..
i do some but not all,i knew some but not all,, But really i feel now like i have everything clear in my mind and i have a certain aim to point to,,i feel that i am very close to success in relation with my girl,,,i am really still young and i lack the experience.i met here experienced people and they told me alot and i hope just that all go in the right direction.
I hope i can unify the different worlds that we live in and i'll try to destroy all barriers between us,
Hope to know more abt u Gebo,,if u wouldn't mind,i mean what do u think abt Egypt and egyptias. what is ur nationality? and how u get to this forums

gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Vito,
I'm very happy I helped you a bit.

Egyptian are good people but I feel that money from tourist was priority in tourists places.I will write more about them later, however I will not write more about myself on the forum - it's not my intention to be know in the public.
Maybe there are other sources of communication?
Why am I here? Becuase I dreamt to see Egypt from my childhood, I saved money to go there, unexpectfully I met a man, he hurt me and I looked for explanation of this culture.
take care

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Gebo,
i'm so sorry for u,,
About money,
In all over the world and tourism city is built on tourisits money and all people working in this city has to search for ways to get moneys out of tourists,,its not bad its the way all the world businesses go,,but when it happens very much and with an illegal ways,so its really too bad,,,and untill now we don have this here,,maybe we have those in cities like hurghada or sharm,,,but in Cairo its not like this because its not a tourism cities,,,,Anyway as i told in first msgs,,,,as there r bad people as there r more good people on the other side,,,,it's not a majority here.....
i knew u r from Germany,,,,,
sorry again for u

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Vito i appreciate your thanks and i am glad to have helped you. I have meet a few decent gentleman from Egypt on the internet and you are another. I wish you the very best in your life.

i think Egyptians are sometimes brainwashed by the media into believing what they have here is second best or not good enough and this is so far from the truth.

You have a great country with many years of history and culture. Your warmth and generosity are amazing. You have some of the most amazing scenary the lush Nile valley, the stark deserts, the crystal Red sea. And yet so many yearn for what the West has to offer.

Honestly in my opinion the West has nothing to offer.

Today I went out and my daughter hadn't returned home. I left her a note saying i had gone to a lecture. The entire evening i did not even think about her. I wasn't worried or concerned. She left the house at 3 and I returned at 9:30. When I came home she was outside our flats with my mother and father in law drinking tea and chatting in Arabic. she hadn't even seen the note but knew where I had gone because my father in law said I went with a notebook so she remembered the lecture. The lecture was amazing and so enjoyable. Now where else could i have done that, no where in the West could I have gone out having no idea where my daughter was or leaving her alone in our flat.

------------------

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar,
U have mentioned very good point that Egypt is characterized with,you were true when u said it is very save when u go out here in Egypt,,really its save even in the very late times,,
i think this is good thing that exists in Egypt and egyptians themselves don't feel it much,,they just got used to it,
Thanx again for ur participating and what you have said abt me,,,
just Gebo said that Egyptians' priority is money specially in tourisits places,,,,so what do u think abt this???

[This message has been edited by Vito (edited 13 March 2004).]

gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Vito,
I'm not from Germany, Russia etc.I just don't want to be "well known".

My story just happened. Don't feel sory.I just draw the right conclusion and I wrote you about it before.
Nothing hapen without reason.

take care

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Gebo,
Sorry i just didn't mean really,,,anyway i don care from where r u from,i care only abt the u r a good person,,
And i hope really that u just learned something but not hurt in ur past relationship,,,,

gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Vito,

Of course, I’ve experienced and I still do - many beautiful moments and know some wonderful people. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother about anybody around me and do not write any messages. If people help you, you help them. Perhaps I’m not so “socialized” but the more experience I get the more open and sensitive for people around me I’m.
Wish you the same.
You know I want a man who will be with me for me, for love and have similar values not just a “somebody –husband”. Perhaps I’m also not – standard like in my mind.
Sometimes it takes time. Education is also important for me, but it also cost some efforts.

PS The men I met in your country, will stay in my heart, doesn’t matter if we are together or not. Sometimes distance isn’t good for love.
You are also really a good man. I so your profile.It’s great you want to explore the reality and understand it.

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Gebo,
Thanks for ur Amazing music,i like it very much and i like this kind of music alot,i just if u have another interests and if u play other than singing,,
also thanks for looking at my profile,hope u like it,
U R totally right abt finding ur person,,its really true things that should be existed in a man or even a gurl,,,hope u really have a happy life with the one that u like...
now i just new what is the similarity between u and Monica,,
Hope we could be friends....
C ya

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 16 March 2004).]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No, Katrina, this wasn't very smart right now. You actually say that people in the Southern States - in more rural areas - are less educated. What do you mean in specific -not the "blacks", do you (as this is the area of the most population of black Americans in the United States????

As I am currently living in Alabama - one neighbor of Mississippi - I can't say that they are less educated. Yes there are people with more and less education but you find them anywhere, even in NYC.

I also can not agree with you on the term that people in rural areas more interested in seeing new faces. This is here definitely not the case. People like to stay by themselves, they are not interested where you coming from (and I am coming from Europe) and need a long time to warm up.

Not so in Egypt: People actually coming running towards you and bombarding you with questions and invitations.

By the way: To which other countries have you traveled?

By the way, of course in NYC no one looks at each other and its not because of time, no because its just simply that all Americans are more or less foreigners in their own country. You have all different-looking people in one place. The father or the grandmother came from Europe, Asia, Africa etc. Americans like to forget this sometimes....

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 16 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Lilly,

I did not mean blacks at all.. But for the sake of people interpreting it differently from what I meant, I deleted it.

I simply commented on the article Vito posted not what it is like in Egypt. As i can tell from other posts, it is not like that and that's why I said I think it is overrated.

Also, as far as NYC not looking at each other... as you can see it was a joke...

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well I replied to your comments ..... and I am still wondering.....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Well I replied to your comments ..... and I am still wondering.....

I have not time for haivng people twisting what I did and did not imply.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Katrina, thanks for your reply. But I can see that you sent out comments of racial prejudice. Well you don't need to go into further details here.

Hopefully you don't feel the same about Egyptian people when you are coming to visit them one day .....

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Hey guys,
its more simple than this,,,Katrina was only giving an opinion on the link..
Anyway thanks for both of u,,,
i've read ur post Katrina before its gone
I'll not interfer in ur country issues now,i'll just talk abt my country now.,
I believe that most of tourists that visit egypt go to historical places and somehow its all in a low class areas,,,,there most of people have low level of education and living conditions,,,sadly most of them also have the wrong idea about foreigners females and u know the rest from the topis,,,its true,,
but also they r so friendly people and they all the time want to show their welcome to foreigners but sadly in a wrong way,,,
Middle and high class people really aware of and respect the idea of the different cultures, believes, customs and attitudes between them and foreigners,,,
we live in a country that has a mixed kinds of people and minds and thoughts,,,,
About the money issues,,,in all tourism countries and cities people depend only on foreigners to get their interests from them,,,its a job that exisits in all over the world,,,but the problem when it becomes too over,,that people get annoyed and hate themselfes,,,it happens really only from a very little people and most probably in tourism places..
Also i am sure that we all believe that all countries and places have some bad sides and other good sides,,,so i hope that we always look to the good side of Egypt and compare it with the bad one to find out that its a reall good country and very save place people can live or visit,,,,,thanx again for all of u.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Well, Katrina, how come if you didn't offend anyone with your post WHY did you delete it then????

Before you go and visit other countries you should make sure you treat everyone in your country with the same respect you want to get treated.

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Tigerlily,
You were right when you said that no one can judge a country or a place without living there,,,i really do agree,
i've seen What Katrina wrote and really didn't feel any about racism,
also by deleting her post i became more sure that she doesn't mean any of this,,,she erased it because if u saw some racism in it so maybe other people would see it too,,,so she has to delete it,,,if she believe in it ,,she would never do,,,,
Feel free Katrina to send me,,
thank u all

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Vito, thank you so much! You are not only a sweet but quite an intelligent guy! Thank you for your support.

First, the intent of is was to help Vito understand what a person who did not grow up in Egyptian culture may view perceptions described in the artcile he attached. Perhaps the one he loves may relate to that and he could understand it better himself. This whole post is to help Vito to grow in his relationship and overcome difficulties growing it and have a happy end, not any other issues. So if smth may lead to such discussion, it defeats the purpose.

Secondly, in general in life, I do not to pick up fights that are not worth fighting. There are millions of other great things to do, different topics to talk about. If I see someone who forms a view, makes a conclusion by taking smth out of the context and its intended purpose, I just do not fight about it.

Moreover, I wanted to help Vito. Vito, you read it. So mission is accomplished right?

Love to all, kat

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Its accomplished successfully.
I hope that i was not a reason for any fights,anyway i have also no time for fights,i respect tigerlily alot but just i wanted to show the importance of your help to me,and that u didn't mean any if Tiger thinks,,,
So thanx again for your help and thanx for calling me intelligent,
Tigerlily,
why don't just you help and give me your opinion in this? i'll be very glad if i hear your point of view..
Thanks

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Actually I didn't read through all the postings ..... and when I saw Katrina's it just blew me. It's amazing that someone can think like that and bring it up to a forum. If she would have posted her opinion on an American board - she would have not gotten away with it that easily. And I really don't care if she's changing a line or erasing her whole wordening.

But to understand the difficulty between White and Black inside the United States - and in many areas rascism is hidden and they do not prefer even to live in the same neighborhoods - you really have to experience yourself.

But anyway this is a board about Egypt so lets keep it like that.

Have a good day!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 18 March 2004).]

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Tigerlily,
Thanks for your reply,
this conflict exisits not only on the USA,but what i can tell you trully is that here we don have this problem at all,
But also there is some kind of morale barriers between black and whites that can't be gone easily,
Anyway if u really have something to say abt this,u can just tell,but please try not to attack a person for some words that i'm sure that she didn't mean,,,
Thanks tigerLily,,,
have a good day too

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Its accomplished successfully.
I hope that i was not a reason for any fights,anyway i have also no time for fights,i respect tigerlily alot but just i wanted to show the importance of your help to me,and that u didn't mean any if Tiger thinks,,,
So thanx again for your help and thanx for calling me intelligent,
Tigerlily,
why don't just you help and give me your opinion in this? i'll be very glad if i hear your point of view..
Thanks

Vito,

You are the sweetest. Do not worry. You did not start any fights. Actually thanks for the article. It was interesting. I learned some Arabic words

I just read your other post. Don't worry. You are so sweet and you are right. Do not try to persuade. But it is very sweet of you, really. We are here to help you if you have any questions. Remember that

We want you to have a happy end love story

Katy

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 18 March 2004).]

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 18 March 2004).]

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok now i'll cry from Hapiness
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok now i'll cry from Hapiness

WOW, Awesome. What is happening?

Vito
Member # 535

Rate Member
no nothing really,,,just kidding,,
Its only great wht u said,,,,
i'll never take a step back when i wanna ask u,,,,just wait for my question soon,,,
thanx Katy

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just i wanna mention that i'm totally understand the look of most of egyptians to other foreiners specially women,,
i believe that we have different cultures than Europ...
Most of egyptian men look 2 foreign woman as they r easy hunt for sex..
i agree that of course also some foreign girls help in this look,,anyway it has many reasons i'll not go into it,,
i am just talking abt if there is bad egyptians so is it law for all egptians to be bad as well,,,
I'm In True Love with some foreigner gurl,,,
i really love her and wish that she could b my wife but the problem is that she discovered that Egypt is very danger place to live in,,i agree with some of this,,but sure not all,
She is really good but she is afraid from ppl look and believes here,,she will not just put Hegab and try to live here,
If anyone Could just show that Egypt its not that bad and that she can live here in safety specially that i am with her,So i'll be greatful,
i don wanna lose a girl that really love because of some silly ppl here in my country..............thank u

Well you're one of the silly ppl, if she doesn't want to wear a head scarf, she won't. Don't even try to pursuade her to. Understand what the Quran says about coersion, bullying her to cover her head is coersion.

Remember if these foreign women are giving out sex freely, remember THE MISR MEN ARE GIVING IT OUT FREELY TOO!!! Don't place the blame squarely on the woman, it takes a man and a woman to get it on. Take a look at that woman in Nigeria (Nawal) who had a baby out of wedlock. They are waiting to stone her as soon as her baby is weaned. She says it's her ex-husband's baby. Are they testing the paternity? Is a man going to be stoned as well? NO!!! this is why people don't appreciate Islam and find it degrading to women. Islam is not degrading to women, the pre-Islamic cultures that refuse to properly practice the Shria are the ones to blame. So don't go blaming the western woman, if you won't hold the Arab man accountable as well.

And trying to force her to live in Misr won't work either. I am moving to Misr out of my own will. He doesn't want me to go but I will. The Arab culture is crushing to the western woman. And if you haven't lived in western for at least 5 years and have tried to make American friends while living there you won't ever know how to relate to her.

For her sake and yours, give up, let her go, most of these relationships don't work.

I would know. It's a stiffling prison to married to an Arab (christian or muslim). I am far more used to patriarchial cultures and a loss of personal freedoms than most Western women.

------------------
Amy the Loud Norge-American

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 22 March 2004).]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Vito,

comment about wearing "Hajab". This would be quite a culture shock for a foreign woman in general and for a Russian woman as well. I know quite a few Russian women and Eastern Europeans as well. Many women there are very feminine and they take very good care of their appearance. It is not considered as lack of modesty.They dress smarter than majority of American women.

Watch it Katrina!! Where is the moderator here? I have seen alot of skin on my fellow students who are Russian in college. I don't consider their dress exactly smarter. Liz Claiborne, Talbots, and Anne Klein would be a shock factor for their mode of dress. Don't get me wrong many American's dress sloppy. But with amazing amount of expendable income and more American women in the high ranks of Management in American corporatation versus Russian women in Russian corporations, you can't really judge us without sounding childish. Besides I hear many Russian classmates speak of trying to meet a rich man to take care of her and not wanting to build a career. If I American woman said this in college, she would lose friends and men wouldn't speak to her anymore.

quote:

I can not speak for Egyptian women as I have never been to Egypt, only saw Cairo, Luxor, Alexandria, and more on TV.

Russians are mostly Orthodox Christians. Out of respect and modesty to God and religion, Russian (or Orthodox Christians in general, copts probably do that, right?) women do cover heads with scarfs when visiting church, unlike people in other Christian denominations. I bet she would agree with that, but wearing the thing in public... Women in general dress smartly not to seduce or whatever, we want to look beautiful for ourselves!

Where do you live and why it is important to you that she would wear this Hajab?

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 12 March 2004).]

And as an American in Minnesota we dress beautifully for ourselves as well. I grew up in a upscale suburb and have a medical administrator for a mother. At 14 if I left the house to go somewhere in public she'd made sure my clothes matched, pressed, shoes polished, earings and a subtle amount of makeup and lipstick. As well as no hair out of place. No not the debutant look or a OC look, but I did look presentable. Jean and sneakers for occasional school use only.

For a woman or young lady to look appriopriate it enables her to prepare for a successfull life professionally, socially, and progressively.

When I was in Egyt last summer the village women who worked outside of the home in professional jobs looked the best, but always with a head scarf.

Scared me stiff to see so many women in their 50's not dressing to the 9's. Women here in Minnesota dress the best in their life in their 50's. Again expendable income and professional success. I saw nothing but black head dressings down to their knees! Major shock.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 22 March 2004).]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
delete

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com