EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » average of living

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: average of living
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi

i will come to egypt for 3 months for medical training and i want to ask everyone living how much will it cost me single and monthly to live in cairo ( i know its different from everyone to the other) but i want average for a good middle life for 1 month?

thank you

Mirna Sabe

[This message has been edited by Elite (edited 24 April 2004).]

Posts: 9 | From: lebanon | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/003228.html

You should be able to find numerous other threads concerning the subject if you do a search.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$1000 if your flat rent is no more than $250.

Average enough for you?

Opps....but that does not include travel around Egypt.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 25 April 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

thank you all but debbie $1000 monthly will be much for me , i dont plan to spend all this for a month

Posts: 9 | From: lebanon | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elite:

thank you all but debbie $1000 monthly will be much for me , i dont plan to spend all this for a month

Then I guess you'll be below average....or at least below the number I think is average.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
assuming all $ are US, I think it will be much cheaper than 750$/month (+ 250$ for rent, thats reasonable) to live and enjoy yourself. Dont forget that almost everything is 4x cheaper; food, transportation, goods. tourist activities are expensive; museums, visits to the pyramids, foreign goods, and of course tuition fees for international students (like me). I dont know about you but in Montreal, Canada i can live (as a student) on 700 US$/month INCluding Rent.

DOnt worry.
In Egt you ll feel rich because you can buy services the 'average' people in can-us can afford.

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marching
Member # 2802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marching         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The average is U.S. 333.33 per month or LE 2,060.00 per month

Posts: 59 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandal:

Wow, that would leave me exactly $75.58 to live on the rest of the month (after I pay my rent). That's not enough, if I want to like living here. I better forget the internet, cuz that telephone bill will cost me at least $40 a month. Not to mention my electricity bill which is about $10-$15 a month...and I haven't even eatten yet. Hmmm? Guess it will be foul all month long and maybe a tamayia cake on Fridays. And the old tram for transportation or walking.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandal:

Sandal,
I think the number you're quoting is too low.

For most foreigners it's hard to find an apartment that will cost less than 1500 L.E. / month.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com