EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Car + Driver = 50 EGP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Car + Driver = 50 EGP
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimplyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guy that owns a Fiat Uno, Model 1999, can drive you wherever you want all day (max. 8 hours) for LE50 + PETROL on you.

He can also drive you to and from other cities, but you need to make a new agreement with him. He's extremely flexible.

If interested call him on 010 410 7073. His name's Saeed.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Saeed is being taken advantage of badly. He is supposed to drive for 8 hours, maintain his car, and pay for parking for $7.00. That is all?

I guess three questions that would make a difference.

1- Can he speak English?
2- What is the Fiat like? Is it clean?
3- How is his driving?

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 03 April 2005).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also like to ask how he can afford to maintain his brake fluid or replace his tyres on those prices.

You pay your money you take your choice, I would prefer to pay a decent amount and be sure both driver and car were in tip top condition.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimplyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie,

He maintains and washes his car once a week. It's in perfect shape. He even sprays air freshener. It practically looks like a brand new car.

If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

Lemonspice and EFLVirgo, both of you have tried him, haven't you? What do you think?

Posts: 103 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
Debbie, where did you get $7.00? I said he charges LE50 + PETROL. That makes around $12.

Some civil servants make $12 a *month* in this country, not in 8 hours.

Besides, 60 whatever EGP in Egypt are worth much more than $12 dollars in the States. So you can't calculate everything by converting it into dollars.

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm a regualar with him now. The car is new, clean, well-maintained. It's spotless. Another advantage is that the bloke is soooooo polite and patient, just like Lemonspice said.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely agree. His car looks new, he takes care of it, has done a lot to it, like painiting it, putting freshner. Does it have to be overpriced so that it seems 'good enough'? I don't think that should be the case. I personally think he deserves more-which I have the choice to do.. Saeed is a hard-worker, wish him all the best.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kkkaaa
Member # 7146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kkkaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can he pick me up from alexandria airport at 2AM!!!! in the morning.............?????

[going at summer time]
any know if i can get a flat for $200 or less in alex? [ near roushdy]

Posts: 350 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kkkaaa, why don't you phone him and ask? Or are you not in Egypt yet?
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kkkaaa
Member # 7146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kkkaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no me in eourpe wil go ther in summer
Posts: 350 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
kkkaaa, I don't think he'd mind collecting you from Alex airport at 2am, but I guess you'd have to pay him extra for the journey from Cairo to Alex and back.

You could try phoning him like a week before you arrive.

Om Gabriel
Member # 6570

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Om Gabriel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saeed is trustable and his prices are ok.
Posts: 37 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com