EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » OBTAINING THE RIGHT VISA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OBTAINING THE RIGHT VISA
BECKY
Member # 7053

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for BECKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH WHICH VISA I WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR SO THAT I CAN STAY IN EGYPT INDEFINATELY AS I AM CONFUSED ON WETHER I WILL BE ALLOWED TO STAY THERE.
Posts: 1 | From: hartlepool,England | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbow1986
Member # 7592

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rainbow1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
are you married in Egypt?? It might help if you go into a travel agents as they can sort this out for you, though there maybe a small fee

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can stay as a tourist and you just have to renew your visa everyr, quick, cheap and simple.Don't worry
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Becky!

There is no visa that allows indefinite stay as far as I know. If you come in as a tourist you can get a 2-3 month visa and then apply for annual renewals. If you are married to an Egyptian man or working here the situation is slightly different. Check out this link for details of Egyptian visas: http://touregypt.net/visa.htm

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vi
Member # 7515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Becky,

Please go to the site of Egyptian Embassy in London and in case you didn't get all the info you need from there, call them.They very nice and useful.
This is the web address:
http://egypt.embassyhomepage.com/
Goog luck!

Vi

Posts: 15 | From: St.John's, Newfoundland,Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becky you can just come into the country with you normal tourist visa, which is normallt valid for one month... after this you go to the visa office and apply for a new tourist visa... very simple and cheap

if you are intending to work here, usually the company you work with is applying for a work permission and then you will get another kind of visa, wich is called residence visa.....

for the beginning the tourist visa is ok and absolutly no problem......

this is how the things work in hurghada, don't know if it's different in cairo, sharm...

hope that helps

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe for sharm you have to go 100km up the coast to El Tor to get a 1year residents visa that is renewable annually. To renew it you have to go back to El Tor.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com