EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » hey foreigners,why do we like EGYPT?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hey foreigners,why do we like EGYPT?
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really strange...
when i came here for the first time,i couldnt stop from crying for about one month,i couldnt imagine myself here,i was crying and crying...moreover the first place,after the airport,i saw here was "pretty" attaba
but then when hopefully ive opened my eyes,i understood that life is wonderful.Egypt,u r so interesting,beautiful and amazing.i stayed in cairo for 5 month and went back to my country.Gooooodddd!u wont believe me,i couldnt find place,i was supposed to be happy,my family,friends were beside me,but i didnt feel happy at all.some ppl will say that i like egypt,coz am free,nobody controls me and stuff like this,but its not true,am free in my country as well,i live alone since i was 16.so...am happy again,am here,thanks god i have an opportunity to study here,and for almost two years i live in this wonderful country.yes,sure i face a looooot of difficulties here,but i cant fight with these forces that bring me here again and again.my family dont understand me at all,they cant get how i can live in this dirty poor country,actually am tired to convince them that its not dirty and poor at all.and am not the only one who thinks so,we r millions...i can say that AM IN LOVE WITH EGYPT!so why why and why tell me,give me ur reasons,WHY DO U LIKE EGYPT?

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well for me what brought me to egypt was indeed a man i met over the internet. Once in Egypt i found such a peaceful feeling there and i have not found that anywhere else, at least in the states. There is a respect among the people in Egypt that is so refreshing and to see that the homeless or less fortunate are helped (for the most part) by others that dont even know them it is amazing to me and as it should be. Here in the states if one is homeless or in need people dont even look at you, they just look in another direction and walk on past. My family also can not understand why i am compelled to return to Egypt time after time as i have been there 5 times in the last 2 years and intend to return once again in January for a month and every 6 months there after. All i can really say is that while there are not the usual luxuries i am used to here in the states there is a sense of peacefulness that comes to me there.

quote:
Originally posted by scarlet water:
really strange...
when i came here for the first time,i couldnt stop from crying for about one month,i couldnt imagine myself here,i was crying and crying...moreover the first place,after the airport,i saw here was "pretty" attaba
but then when hopefully ive opened my eyes,i understood that life is wonderful.Egypt,u r so interesting,beautiful and amazing.i stayed in cairo for 5 month and went back to my country.Gooooodddd!u wont believe me,i couldnt find place,i was supposed to be happy,my family,friends were beside me,but i didnt feel happy at all.some ppl will say that i like egypt,coz am free,nobody controls me and stuff like this,but its not true,am free in my country as well,i live alone since i was 16.so...am happy again,am here,thanks god i have an opportunity to study here,and for almost two years i live in this wonderful country.yes,sure i face a looooot of difficulties here,but i cant fight with these forces that bring me here again and again.my family dont understand me at all,they cant get how i can live in this dirty poor country,actually am tired to convince them that its not dirty and poor at all.and am not the only one who thinks so,we r millions...i can say that AM IN LOVE WITH EGYPT!so why why and why tell me,give me ur reasons,WHY DO U LIKE EGYPT?

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt put a spell on me long, long time ago (I also met my husband there btw ). I just like the people and the lifestyle there. Its different and exciting....... I love it!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 02 July 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sun Sun Sun!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:

Well for me what brought me to egypt was indeed a man i met over the internet. Once in Egypt i found such a peaceful feeling there and i have not found that anywhere else, at least in the states. There is a respect among the people in Egypt that is so refreshing and to see that the homeless or less fortunate are helped (for the most part) by others that dont even know them it is amazing to me and as it should be. Here in the states if one is homeless or in need people dont even look at you, they just look in another direction and walk on past. My family also can not understand why i am compelled to return to Egypt time after time as i have been there 5 times in the last 2 years and intend to return once again in January for a month and every 6 months there after. All i can really say is that while there are not the usual luxuries i am used to here in the states there is a sense of peacefulness that comes to me there.

Hi mysticheart & scarlet water "Alsue" ;-),
really glad that u like my country that way , and hope to be ur pen pal
so i hope to chat with u in ur MSN if u have one, my mail khalid_abuzeid@hotmail.com
and my webpage: http://members.virtualtourist.com/khalid_eg

hope to hear from u,
urs,
Khalid

[This message has been edited by khalid_2002 (edited 02 July 2005).]

Posts: 310 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirage
Member # 6111

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scarlet Water, we can chat on msn ..write to me. masrawy88@hotmail.com
Posts: 55 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love it because it gave me my husband and ultimately my children then my grandchildren....it enchants me.. it seduces me.. i love it totaly.. helwa ya beladi
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:
i love it because it gave me my husband and ultimately my children then my grandchildren....it enchants me.. it seduces me.. i love it totaly.. helwa ya beladi

I love ur words

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sora
Member # 8159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone!

Smiley, I admire what you said and I hope I can say the same in the future... But I just wanted to know, do you live in Egypt or only visit on holidays?

I always loved Egypt even before I came here and I still do love Egypt... But living here really really taught me how to be flexible and adjust to different situations.
I explode sometimes but as you said, this is my hubby's country and my boy lives here too.. This is my country now.

Take care all of you!
Sora

[This message has been edited by Sora (edited 07 July 2005).]

Posts: 181 | From: By the River Nile - Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i visit egypt every six months my home is there my husbands family are there... i married him when I was 17 years old.. we were at school together in the u.k.... and now i am 56.. so tell me youself am i now egyptian or not lol...i actualy live in dubai u.a.e a short flight from egypt...my arabic accent is egyptian... lol broken accent it is but i do understand and learn... how can i not love Egypt please tell me that... it gave me my life.. the one i live now and i know it is not always an easy life... i am there more than in Dubai and soon will return for good....ty Egypt over n over again... ty for my 5..soon 6 grandchildren ty for my children.. if my husband was not born there was not sent to U.K to study how would i be so happy now and yes we been married a longgggggggggggggg time lol.. ty also to Allah... oh and don't forget.. I learned about Islam with my contact with egyptians and other arab nationalities.. at least in Egypt it is a real life not a plastic one as in the gulf states.. yet with each difficulty the people always smile.. it is the first thing i saw of egyptians.. their smile.. and what a beautiful one it is too.. ty
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Smiley, you certainly have all the luck to be blessed to have such a wonderful marriage to an Egyptian man, own children together and even already enjoying grandchildren.

Its great to hear that things actually can work out pretty well within cross-cultural relationships. And hopefully you will be a lasting member here on ES and can give other women some insight and tips on how to understand and treat their Egyptian partners.

Great to have you on here.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HAPPY_COUPLE
Member # 8235

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HAPPY_COUPLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--- East or West Egypt is Da Best ---
i Do love Egypt But i Dunno Why ? maybe Cos i was Born and Raised up there
cos it's a Safe and a PeaceFul Place
tell me Why ? i have Nothing To Say
i Think i love Egypt Cos Of my Stupidity and Ignorance
Define Homeland and u Would Know Why i hate Egypt ?

by the Way i am Egyptian ( Does it make a Difference ? )
kisses and HuGs

Posts: 33 | From: RUSSIA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by HAPPY_COUPLE:

kisses and HuGs

Ithink you answered yourself...:rollseyes:

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by HAPPY_COUPLE:

kisses and HuGs

I think you answered yourself dear....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com