EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why are western women attracted to shitty guyz?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why are western women attracted to shitty guyz??
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for odiab84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their are many decent and open-minded Egyptian guyz, but why are western women always attracted to the shitty guyz and then go and complain??

I think it is obvious that an uneducated and unemployed Egyptian who is trying very hard to marry a foreigner. Is not doing that because he loves her, it is because he loves living in her home country.

Posts: 149 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with u!
P.S. If u know of any good ones send them my way....LOL

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by odiab84:
Their are many decent and open-minded Egyptian guyz, but why are western women always attracted to the shitty guyz and then go and complain??

I think it is obvious that an uneducated and unemployed Egyptian who is trying very hard to marry a foreigner. Is not doing that because he loves her, it is because he loves living in her home country.

Well, I for one have a great Egyptian guy! :-) I think it's just human nature to complain on line like this, trying to get some insight and perspective about one's problems, rather than sit here and sing some man's praises.

Dontcha think?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for odiab84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with u!

I will...just give me your address and i'll send you some to choose from.

Posts: 149 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Well, I for one have a great Egyptian guy! :-) I think it's just human nature to complain on line like this, trying to get some insight and perspective about one's problems, rather than sit here and sing some man's praises.

Dontcha think?

I also have a great Egyptian Husband.. and he never married me for the passport cos after 38 years he still does not have a British one....was his choice.... and as Snoozin said.. using this meduim is easier to vent and at least let it out and see the feedback.. than bottle it upinside...at least this way it is easy to type it out read it redo it if must.. and get some genuine feedback.also negative..... at the end of the day tho.. whatever the deal.. they have to deal with it in their own way...

Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first months I spent in Cairo, I used to have a group of friends, made of foreign girls. They were all so brilliant, some were working, they had very good positions here, some were writing their thesis. Believe it or not, they found the worst Egyptian guys they could find in Cairo! One was a singer, one working in a cyber cafe, an other had no job, and some, of course, were in the tourist industry!!! They were cheating on them, some were married...my God...I don't know, I think when you arrive in a new country, everything you look at sound wonderful, because so different from what you have in your own country. These guys were quite handsome, they had a totally different way to talk about love...But their aim was of course the same, putting the girl in their bed...
Thanks God, they all broke up with those guys, none of them got married. They are now all back to their countries, and they are engaged to doctors, politicians, engeneers, straight and nice guys.
But of course, Cairo is full of wonderful men! Educated, polite, respectful, open-minded...I have only men like that around me now. But when you arrive in Egypt, trust me, you don't find them, it takes a lot of time to meet these wonderful people. The bad ones know where to meet the foreigners, that's why your life as an expat (I mean, when you're a student, or on an internship, still young and maybe a little immature I think) is full of these bed and visa hunters!!

[This message has been edited by RaniaMe (edited 27 July 2005).]

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
everyday_angel
Member # 8414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

women of all nationalities, of all races and of all socioeconomic backgrounds make bad choices in men everyday. Western women make bad choices about Western men. Egyptian women make bad choices about Egyptian men everyday. I think your question is quite leading and as a Western woman I find it offensive and insulting.
However, I am guessing it is a rhetorical question.

Posts: 275 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think odiab84 is basically here to pick up chicks.

Remember distance relationships are not even worth it.

And being an Arab in the west right now is hard as hell. Even if he has citizenship before marriage it can be difficult.

The conflict in relationships between Mid-East and West is really political and it spills over into relationships. Thats the difficult part period. It will take a decade to overcome.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

The conflict in relationships between Mid-East and West is really political and it spills over into relationships. Thats the difficult part period. It will take a decade to overcome.

In order to get to this conclusion you need to speak the same language and be living under the same roof. Nothing forces people to come to terms and acknowlege issues like being able to communicate daily.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for odiab84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to everyday_angel.

I really mean no offense.
I'm just sick of that stereotype about egyptian men. I know that it takes a while for a foreign girl to realise that there are good men out there and notice the difference between the good and the bad due to cultural difference. and when they first come to Egypt as tourists all the guyz they meet are trying to get her to bed or get himself out of Egypt.

What I'm tired of is being accused as an egyptian man by western women that all I want from a foreign girl is to get her to bed. Which is totally untrue for my case.

All i need from you is to avoid these kind of people and you'll find the good ones when you get more involved in the egyptian community rather than being just a tourist.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

What I'm tired of is being accused as an egyptian man by western women that all I want from a foreign girl is to get her to bed. Which is totally untrue for my case.

All i need from you is to avoid these kind of people and you'll find the good ones when you get more involved in the egyptian community rather than being just a tourist.

Alright I have a question for you. How do you get yourself into these situations where you are accused of this?

What could you do to manage to avoid this situations in the first place?

And no matter how you slice or dice it, Egyptians won't include khawagaas into the community. Egyptians on these egyboards, let alone in-laws don't want to have to explian the intricate details of Egyptian society. These queries by khawagaas are instanly rebuffed.

No foreigners living in Egypt are not trying to behave like tourists. There a divide, its been their since colonial times. It will always be there.

RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odiab, you know, I never thought my boyfriend was with me for the visa. Same for my foreign friends I was telling you about. These thoughts come only after two or three months, when you realize your BF has a strange behavior. So, who told you that you were asking for a visa? A girl you met for two days , or a girl you've been with her for 2 months? Foreign girls in Egypt are not rejecting Egyptian men. And if the man is honnest, straight, respectful, this question will never be raised up. By the girl's family, yes, of course, but by the girl, no.
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
to everyday_angel.

I really mean no offense.
I'm just sick of that stereotype about egyptian men. I know that it takes a while for a foreign girl to realise that there are good men out there and notice the difference between the good and the bad due to cultural difference. and when they first come to Egypt as tourists all the guyz they meet are trying to get her to bed or get himself out of Egypt.

I don't know much about Egyptian culture in this respect, but I *thought* most marriages were quasi-arranged -- family knows family or something like that. That young men and women don't just meet in a cafe and then ask parents' permission. Is that correct? If it is, then (generalizing of course), the guys who are flirting with foreign women may not have marriage on their minds. So how would a foreign woman actually *meet* a man in a socially acceptable manner?

For us, we are used to chatting up nice guys in cafes and things like that. It may or may not lead to something serious. I just didn't get the impression that's how Egyptians made matches leading to marriage.

Which is, I think, why many Western women complain about Egyptian guys. They are not necessarily in a position to meet the guys who have good intentions.

This is all just conjecture. But I'd like others' opinions.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as if ur saying the western women who go for shitty egyptian guys r not shitty themselves!!!
Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Odiab, take my word for it - it has nothing to do with your nationality. Men from ALL nationalities and backgrounds in the world get accused by us, women, that all they want is to get us to bed. It's your destiny... and a normal selection/disselection procedure on the way to happiness ever after.

You are probably too slow in taking her to the next stage - betrothal or marriage, or you are not loud and eloquent enough in planning and painting your common future for her. We, women, are a planning species. We need to know our fate a good 9 months ahead at each moment, otherwise we become uneasy and unsure.

The thumb rule thus is : no action = accusation. Always. Anywhere. (With) Anyone.
Exceptions are the ones who don't like you and will indeed be glad if you leave them alone.

Ah, and about "good men". Well, what is good? Why would one come to Egypt to get all same men one can get in own country? The materially successful who never have time for us? Indeed they probably regard us as investment (or maybe: staff) rather than a partner to intertwine lives with. The creatives who never have ears for us because they are fascinated with the creative idea of the moment and ensuing personal fame? The oh-so-secure-oh-so-boring ones for whom you need to be the personal "animation team" and drag them through life after you?
Of course you go for some excitement and sparkle rather, and for all attention on you, so sad it doesn't last over a week though but c'est la vie. It wouldn't in own country either, when you are with a wrong guy. But how do you know? None of them stay completely single, after all. There's someone for everyone they say.

Am purely suggestional here, of course.

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 27 July 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gemini_Beth
Member # 8410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gemini_Beth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my adventures with an egyptian man . It was all about what I could do for him . I thought it was love ,so blind and stupid me sent him the packages and sent him the money . I guess i learned my lession hard . But thats what i get for having a big heart and wanting to help . I guess my only regret was I spent all this money on love and the sex wasnt even all that . My only question is the Orfi marrage through the courts there . thats not considered a real marrage in the states right ? i mean it wont stop me anything in my future will it?will that make me a bigamist ? so many questions ..
Posts: 46 | From: New York , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyday_angel. I seem to remember that we met quite recently in another post on ES.
And u specifically asked for my email. We were discussing religion i believe. So here it is ok. melodyxanis@yahoo.co.uk
Oh! i sooo hope i get no perverts contacting me now!!!

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gemini_Beth:
From my adventures with an egyptian man . It was all about what I could do for him . I thought it was love ,so blind and stupid me sent him the packages and sent him the money . I guess i learned my lession hard . But thats what i get for having a big heart and wanting to help . I guess my only regret was I spent all this money on love and the sex wasnt even all that . My only question is the Orfi marrage through the courts there . thats not considered a real marrage in the states right ? i mean it wont stop me anything in my future will it?will that make me a bigamist ? so many questions ..

If this is all true what you are saying then hands off that Mody guy! Well, at least you've been to Egypt and seen different things. You made your experience. If you check out some topics regarding Orfi marriage on here you will find out that it doesn't have any meaning outside of Egypt.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 27 July 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Alright I have a question for you. How do you get yourself into these situations where you are accused of this?

What could you do to manage to avoid this situations in the first place?

And no matter how you slice or dice it, Egyptians won't include khawagaas into the community. Egyptians on these egyboards, let alone in-laws don't want to have to explian the intricate details of Egyptian society. These queries by khawagaas are instanly rebuffed.

No foreigners living in Egypt are not trying to behave like tourists. There a divide, its been their since colonial times. It will always be there.

WOW! What an incredible generalization. And, where exactly did you get this impression as you sit behind your pc in the United States?

Please. Enlighten me.

There are foreigners who intergrate and there are those who don't because they know they have a 1-2 years here and their company moves them elsewhere.

Western women aren't attracted by the shitty men. The shitty men seek out and woo the western women "fresh off the boat".

they - as rania points out - are quickly dumped once the woman gets her bearings. unless it's a holiday romance. that, i just blame on heat stroke.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gemini_Beth
Member # 8410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gemini_Beth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not forget the men who are looking for the visa/green card . Use the women for all you can .
Posts: 46 | From: New York , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
WOW! What an incredible generalization. And, where exactly did you get this impression as you sit behind your pc in the United States?

Please. Enlighten me.

There are foreigners who intergrate and there are those who don't because they know they have a 1-2 years here and their company moves them elsewhere.

Western women aren't attracted by the shitty men. The shitty men seek out and woo the western women "fresh off the boat".

they - as rania points out - are quickly dumped once the woman gets her bearings. unless it's a holiday romance. that, i just blame on heat stroke.

Where in my post is there a generalization?

Could you point that out?

And I am waiting. Possibly by next Tuesday I will have about six passages to share with you illustrating my point above.

And living in an expat community you don't get to see the interior going ons of Misryan life. Thats a fact.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are western women attracted to shitty guyz??

In my case my Egyptian man was everything I could wish for, he was loving and caring, he was educated and working even if his salary was a low income and also he was holding an Italian passport - so no need to be in a relationship with untruthful intentions.

And I would never complain about our time together, yeah we had love and drama and it didn't work out. So what, it was great knowing him.......

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it is an honour to know u too tiger!
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
WHY??? Do some guyz choose SHITTY GIRLFRIENDS??? Beats me! Who knows???
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer the initial question: Girls love BADDDDDDDDD ASSSSSSSSSSS Guys because they are GOOOOOOOOOOOD, no matter what their nationality. Clear?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
To answer the initial question: Girls love BADDDDDDDDD ASSSSSSSSSSS Guys because they are GOOOOOOOOOOOD, no matter what their nationality. Clear?

U know all abaut it ofcourse
Muslima... LOL... my ass...baaaad girl

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
U know all abaut it ofcourse
Muslima... LOL... my ass...baaaad girl

Organ, thou shall not envy Karah's versatility! There are things in Heaven and on Earth that Philosophers have no clue about, even more so, they have not even dreamt of! Yet.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
quote:
I think odiab84 is basically here to pick up chicks.

Remember distance relationships are not even worth it.

And being an Arab in the west right now is hard as hell. Even if he has citizenship before marriage it can be difficult.

You really think I am basically here to pick up girls??

you see, that's exactly what I mean. Do u always have that idea that Egyptian men are just trying to pick up girls even when they are talking serious??

anyway I am cute enought that I wouldn't need to pick up girls from the net

you said it would take a decade or even more to overcome that conflict. but did u ever ask yourseld a decade of what???

My answer is a decade of trying to understand the other's viewpoint rather than always accusing others that they are just trying to pick up girls.

A decade of hard work to make people tolerant about accepting others in their communities.

A decade of judging people depending on what they are not where they from or what colour they are.

Let me ask you sonomod, when you judged me that I am only trying to pick up girls, what did u depend on in your judgment??

redmarrakesh
Member # 8201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redmarrakesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Not all women are superficial
and not all egyptian men are drooling at the sight of a skirt.
True,most egyptian men try to flirt with western girls and are desperate to get laid!Nearly all of them!(except for one,that is )

Posts: 182 | From: greece | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
Why are western women attracted to shxxxx guyz??

Maybe at first she saw him as a sweet,kind,sincere person who would be different in always..
Doesn't have to be a "Western Women" who is attracted to "Shixxx Guys"- Its all women of this world--

Not saying that all men be this way...

It goes both ways- you meet a super nice sweet guy and he has a "shixxx girl" who cheats on him and he be so blind as well..

Yeah, this subject is really true, i notice it everywhere.. specially in sharm el shekh and hurghada, i found so pretty girls "if the pretty is the mesurment" with strange, low educated guyz like micrbuses drivers, sellers ... etc

but i guess that's depend on the customs as well.. here we have some social mesurments to have a friends, gf, bf..etc but in the west i think they have a differant view to judge the people..

I swear i saw a so pretty and clean girl french kiss with egyptian guy in hurghada, and this guy i disgusting to just shake hand with him !! he looks awful !! beside he looks poor as well, so she didn't do that for his money for example !! so what's in that f***** world push her to do that

------------
Khalid
http://members.virtualtourist.com/khalid_eg
khalid_abuzeid@hotmail.com

Posts: 310 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by khalid_2002:
Yeah, this subject is really true, i notice it everywhere.. specially in sharm el shekh and hurghada, i found so pretty girls "if the pretty is the mesurment" with strange, low educated guyz like micrbuses drivers, sellers ... etc

but i guess that's depend on the customs as well.. here we have some social mesurments to have a friends, gf, bf..etc but in the west i think they have a differant view to judge the people..

I swear i saw a so pretty and clean girl french kiss with egyptian guy in hurghada, and this guy i disgusting to just shake hand with him !! he looks awful !! beside he looks poor as well, so she didn't do that for his money for example !! so what's in that f***** world push her to do that

------------
Khalid
http://members.virtualtourist.com/khalid_eg
khalid_abuzeid@hotmail.com

"I have seen the same in Hurghada
but it wasnt a french kiss , also the girl was kissing her German shephard Dog "

I dont know if this thread is humiliating poor ,un-educated ,ugly ,disgusting and ignorant young egyptians , or more humiliating to the superior female-tourists who decide to pick these types of guys ?

hmmmm...on a second thought , having a Dog in egypt for a tourist is more expensive than meeting one of these guys .

i also want to add to the list where to find the rest of these guys :
diving centers
hotels
bazaars
animation teams
desert safari.......

easy to find cheap dogs in these places
btw , Dogs dont pick but they are chosen

[This message has been edited by Humanized (edited 30 July 2005).]

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Humanized (edited 30 July 2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, maybe u r right in some opinions, but i'mnot with u to insult those guyz !!!

here we just wonder how a foreinger girls accept a friendship with this kind of guyz not to insult the poor people !!

Posts: 310 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
I totally agree with u!

someone is looking here.. hehehehehe

no bad attitude poppy, i just kiding

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[This message has been edited by Humanized (edited 30 July 2005).]

Sorry, maybe u r right in some opinions, but i'mnot with u to insult those guyz !!!

here we just wonder how a foreinger girls accept a friendship with this kind of guyz not to insult the poor people !![/B][/QUOTE]

@khalid
I never meant to insult anyone , but im just showing the bigger picture , no one likes to be insulted so why insult ppl coz they are different ?

but such subjects will turn into racism , unless there was an objective point of view which i havent found in the thread .

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
someone is looking here.. hehehehehe

no bad attitude poppy, i just kiding

Ha! Ha! hi there Khalid how u doing? My secret is out??? I confess...but i'm not jus tryin to pick up guys here, at random.
Ideally i would like to find myself a decent husband...should i be ashamed of this fact i wonder??? And if i keep it to myself i might never find one....SOB...but i'm not rushin...an he's gotta be Egyptian..oh! dear, i hope i'm not being too honest here.As my honesty usually gets me into trouble!!!! Oh!and another thing i just HATE casual relationships!!! or marriages just for citizenship... AND may i congratulate u Khalid...on ur powers of perception here LOL.

khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ha! Ha! hi there Khalid how u doing? My secret is out??? I confess...but i'm not jus tryin to pick up guys here, at random.
Ideally i would like to find myself a decent husband...should i be ashamed of this fact i wonder??? And if i keep it to myself i might never find one....SOB...but i'm not rushin...an he's gotta be Egyptian..oh! dear, i hope i'm not being too honest here.As my honesty usually gets me into trouble!!!! Oh!and another thing i just HATE casual relationships!!! or marriages just for citizenship... AND may i congratulate u Khalid...on ur powers of perception here LOL.

Hey hey.. i know very well that u r good lady and did't looking for guyz, and i hope to find what u r looking sure..

and as i said, i was just kidding with u

Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont know if this may actually work but...
Do any of you think that if hotels, resorts, guesthouses, etc...which are tourists hot spots posted the names and photos (if possible) on a bulletin board maybe in the lobby area of guys known for doing crap, then maybe some of these dirt bags who thrive on nieve tourists can be brought down a bit???
Any ideas, views, etc...??
Hmmm...maybe the hotel doesnt actually care enough to do this...

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Isis look back in the archives here, u will find a couple of posts by i think some russian women. They have made a couple of websites on the subject u speak of, for the holiday resorts in Egypt, like Sharm and others. The websites are translated into English, complete with photos too...
I'm sorry can't remember the names..
Maybe someone here can help u???

poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by odiab84:
[B]Their are many decent and open-minded Egyptian guyz, but why are western women always attracted to the shitty guyz and then go and complain

I think this is gonna be really hard for me to try and explain..not in too good a frame of mind at the moment..

But in answer to ur question...It occurs to me that due to the western culture ( i speak here of England, where i was born) its given many women there some pretty bad experiences. For example, right now, in the U.K. STATISTICS PROVE MARRIAGE IS NOT THRIVING IT IS DYING, The same goes for religion ( i'm not talking about Islam here)
There are a host of social problems and depravities obvious there, too numerous to mention. I know this as i studied it for my degree. And i was apalled by what i learnt and at the same time saw in evidence all around me.
Poverty is rife too, BUT at a relative level. Some will find it hard to believe, thinking Britian is still the paradise they would like to escape to (it was much better in the 1950's, according to my parents and the study books!)
And alcoholism is a growing problem, largely ignored as it is legal. As is THE PROBLEM OF one-parent families, being a burden on the welfare state.
Maybe i'm a bit old fashioned, but i know all this to be true, as i researched it for my dissertation.
The lower moral standards are evident, the relative poverty, the rising divorce rate, the alcohol abuse, drugs, wife beatings, sexual abuse, and more!
Women have sometimes tough lives and are exposed to much badness...unlike this Islamic culture in Egypt, where they get a degree of guidance and protection from birth.
They only good thing i can recall from U.K, is that health consciousness and awareness is the general rule and women take pride in keeping themselves in good shape mentally and physically. To their personal advantage and so remain attractive into middle age.

So just perhaps,some women choose shitty guyz here. coz of their impaired judgement, developed and culivated by their less than perfect culture in the west (i'm talking U.K. AS ITS ALL I KNOW!)? could be 1.partially due to lack of knowledge about Egyptian culture and 2.having been over exposed from birth to a not particurlally good and declining culture???

Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Isis look back in the archives here, u will find a couple of posts by i think some russian women. They have made a couple of websites on the subject u speak of, for the holiday resorts in Egypt, like Sharm and others. The websites are translated into English, complete with photos too...
I'm sorry can't remember the names..
Maybe someone here can help u???

Thanx a lot poppy! I'll have a look.

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
You really think I am basically here to pick up girls??

you see, that's exactly what I mean. Do u always have that idea that Egyptian men are just trying to pick up girls even when they are talking serious??

anyway I am cute enought that I wouldn't need to pick up girls from the net

you said it would take a decade or even more to overcome that conflict. but did u ever ask yourseld a decade of what???

My answer is a decade of trying to understand the other's viewpoint rather than always accusing others that they are just trying to pick up girls.

A decade of hard work to make people tolerant about accepting others in their communities.

A decade of judging people depending on what they are not where they from or what colour they are.

Let me ask you sonomod, when you judged me that I am only trying to pick up girls, what did u depend on in your judgment??

Yeah, odiab84 I think your here to pick up chicks, no guy starts these threads without alot of IM contact.

About the decade I was referring to. It takes a decade for a westerner/Egyptian couple to meld into a cohesive relationship to where both cultural standards are respected, regarded and influential in the marriage.

Then there are marriages to where the wife has money. No reason for the Egyptian husband to force his religion or culture down her throat. He's been bought off.

But when the relationship is on an even playing field then its really hard.

My husband actually yelled at me one time for not being an Egyptian woman and that I had lied about being an Egyptian woman. When the hell did I ever tell him I was Egyptian? Never! In my opinion Egyptian let alone Arab men in general feel they are betraying their origins by marrying a western infidel.

And mind you I have been trying to learn and understand the 'other viewpoint'. Not all westerners are so superficial and stupid. In that capacity you are generalizing and in my opinion harboring a insecure hate for the wealth of the west. Don't matter most of the world hates the west for being able and prosperous.

For the last few years I have been reading so much. Trying to piece together where the tensions are between Mid-East and West, the Palestinian occupation's history, Misryan modern history, Islam, Coptic heritage, so forth so forth. I am now reading contemporary Egyptian literature that has been translated. My reading list is long and I try my hardest to stay abreast of current affairs of Egypt let alone North Africa and the Middle East.

I don't see Egypt as a vacation spot, its not a place to get laid. Its my husband's and my daughters nation and heritage.

My 'viewpoint' differs immensely from the Arab/Egyptian 'viewpoint' that life in America is easy, Arabs are superior to westerners (especially superior to Americans) and every Egyptian in America should be wealthy if he has a good wife. The only reason why every American isn't a millionaire is because Americans are lazy and stupid. Egyptian men think our streets are paved with gold and they should become wealthy within a few years here, if not its his American wife's fault.

So obviously odiab84, you've never been to America. You probably hate us and think we are lazy, ignorant and stupid.

So after living in the urban city where 60% of the people are white, myself being the only white woman in the neighborhood for years. Teaching ESL to immigrants for years as a volunteer. And being one of the few white employees in jobs I have been employed in for several years, I forgot what its like to be surrounded by whites.

Actually this weekend I spent in Ashland/Bayfield Wisconsin. I saw only 7 people of color and I spent the weekend annoyed as hell. Its not natural.

So instead of chastising me for being a racial freak, think. You don't know me.

And yes again I think you are here to pick up chicks.

odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
quote:

Yeah, odiab84 I think your here to pick up chicks, no guy starts these threads without alot of IM contact.

About the decade I was referring to. It takes a decade for a westerner/Egyptian couple to meld into a cohesive relationship to where both cultural standards are respected, regarded and influential in the marriage.

Then there are marriages to where the wife has money. No reason for the Egyptian husband to force his religion or culture down her throat. He's been bought off.

But when the relationship is on an even playing field then its really hard.

My husband actually yelled at me one time for not being an Egyptian woman and that I had lied about being an Egyptian woman. When the hell did I ever tell him I was Egyptian? Never! In my opinion Egyptian let alone Arab men in general feel they are betraying their origins by marrying a western infidel.

And mind you I have been trying to learn and understand the 'other viewpoint'. Not all westerners are so superficial and stupid. In that capacity you are generalizing and in my opinion harboring a insecure hate for the wealth of the west. Don't matter most of the world hates the west for being able and prosperous.

For the last few years I have been reading so much. Trying to piece together where the tensions are between Mid-East and West, the Palestinian occupation's history, Misryan modern history, Islam, Coptic heritage, so forth so forth. I am now reading contemporary Egyptian literature that has been translated. My reading list is long and I try my hardest to stay abreast of current affairs of Egypt let alone North Africa and the Middle East.

I don't see Egypt as a vacation spot, its not a place to get laid. Its my husband's and my daughters nation and heritage.

My 'viewpoint' differs immensely from the Arab/Egyptian 'viewpoint' that life in America is easy, Arabs are superior to westerners (especially superior to Americans) and every Egyptian in America should be wealthy if he has a good wife. The only reason why every American isn't a millionaire is because Americans are lazy and stupid. Egyptian men think our streets are paved with gold and they should become wealthy within a few years here, if not its his American wife's fault.

So obviously odiab84, you've never been to America. You probably hate us and think we are lazy, ignorant and stupid.

So after living in the urban city where 60% of the people are white, myself being the only white woman in the neighborhood for years. Teaching ESL to immigrants for years as a volunteer. And being one of the few white employees in jobs I have been employed in for several years, I forgot what its like to be surrounded by whites.

Actually this weekend I spent in Ashland/Bayfield Wisconsin. I saw only 7 people of color and I spent the weekend annoyed as hell. Its not natural.

So instead of chastising me for being a racial freak, think. You don't know me.

And yes again I think you are here to pick up chicks.

Sonomod, as you said, I don't know you, I didn't know if you're american or not, white or not. but all I know that you've judged me depending on my background not as an individual. That's what annoys me.

I really don't want to talk to you, not because I hate you or consider you a racist. but because whatever I say won't sound credible to you because you think I'm basically here to pick up chicks, so there's no point of talking in the first place.

Anyway, good luck in your researches and Thanx for the insult

Peace

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Sonomod, as you said, I don't know you, I didn't know if you're american or not, white or not. but all I know that you've judged me depending on my background not as an individual. That's what annoys me.

I really don't want to talk to you, not because I hate you or consider you a racist. but because whatever I say won't sound credible to you because you think I'm basically here to pick up chicks, so there's no point of talking in the first place.

Anyway, good luck in your researches and Thanx for the insult

Peace

Okay stud, good luck. lol

Medosa
Member # 8196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oh!, some just like a bit of rough

Posts: 249 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod, I know odiab84 personally. He's a relative of mine. Considering that he's a spitting image of Matt Damon (even better looking) I can assure you that he's not here to pick up any chicks. He's the kind of guy that 'get's picked up'. Besides, he's a British citizen, so you can't even accuse him of using his charm to get a visa or whatever.

Sorry for depriving you of the pleasure.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Sonomod, I know odiab84 personally. He's a relative of mine. Considering that he's a spitting image of Matt Damon (even better looking) I can assure you that he's not here to pick up any chicks. He's the kind of guy that 'get's picked up'. Besides, he's a British citizen, so you can't even accuse him of using his charm to get a visa or whatever.

Sorry for depriving you of the pleasure.

You could be just saying that to cover his *ss. Anyhow.

And I wasn't accussing him of going after a visa, just easy sex. Sheesh, talk about putting words in my mouth.

And Matt Damon is not good looking, he's short, pig nosed, and small in the shorts.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 01 August 2005).]

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You could be just saying that to cover his *ss. Anyhow.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 01 August 2005).]

Cover his arse? OMG! Sonomod, do you actually think a 28 year old busy working woman would go to all the trouble of covering some gigolos arse? I definitely have more important things to do with my life.

It's people like you that make me regret telling my friends and relatives about ES and encouraging them to take part in it.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Cover his arse? OMG! Sonomod, do you actually think a 28 year old busy working woman would go to all the trouble of covering some gigolos arse? I definitely have more important things to do with my life.

It's people like you that make me regret telling my friends and relatives about ES and encouraging them to take part in it.

Really? okay more points for me. I wouldn't suggest this forum to anyone I know personally anyway. I have more common sense than that.

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its in our nature to go after the 'bad' man, it turns into a challenge, and an ego trip ... when in reality it just leads to heartache. And the thought,"I can change him" ... uh huh ... move on ...
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimplyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
its in our nature to go after the 'bad' man, it turns into a challenge, and an ego trip ... when in reality it just leads to heartache. And the thought,"I can change him" ... uh huh ... move on ...

Yeah..that's what exactly I hate to listen because It needs a very strong willpower for a good man to stick to his beliefs when finding that he's not any girl's challenge and subsequently not getting in a true and honest relationship.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com