EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Any Fungus Among Us? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Any Fungus Among Us?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if any of the members of this forum have (had) any health problems. I guess a big ass is a common side effect, but what else?
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't understand your question!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. I just meant if anyone has (or knows one who has) a certain disease and wants to talk about it.
Having a big ass is excluded since we all must have it by now, due to sitting behind our computers day & night.
What's so difficult about this 7aya?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lump very recently and lived the usual nightmare of is it or is it not..

But alhamduelah it wasn't.

So far my doctor didnt give me any reasons but said that possibilities of me having more lumps later is higher now and i should just watch my body more carefully.
Im in my mid twenties, perfectly healthy, I eat well, sleep well and workout daily..I never had any problems before.

Alhamdulelah anyways.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well dear I am the queen of disasters and disease! until the age of 16 I used to have an accident at least once a month!
Right now, i seem to have lots of pain in my ankles, which even cant make me sleep.
It turns out I have some sort of inflammation in my ankles. LUCKY ME!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari,
We have to work to fix you problem first then we think about others ok .
Having big ass is serious thing and we have to work on it first

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by someone_lost:
Hi MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari,
We have to work to fix you problem first then we think about others ok .
Having big ass is serious thing and we have to work on it first

Well I don't yakhooya. I was just being sympathetic

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 14 August 2005).]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Well dear I am the queen of disasters and disease! until the age of 16 I used to have an accident at least once a month!
Right now, i seem to have lots of pain in my ankles, which even cant make me sleep.
It turns out I have some sort of inflammation in my ankles. LUCKY ME!

Seren, unless you're pregnant/nursing, have bleeding disorders or a sensitive stomach, aspirin (NOT paracetamol), can do miracles for you. Have you tried that?

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kingdom, what about Ginko? Does it have any side effects or is it safe?
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
So far my doctor didnt give me any reasons but said that possibilities of me having more lumps later is higher now

Once you've had any swellings, benign or malignant, you should stay under observation. I assume that was a breast lump? Do you know how to do breast examination? It could really save your life if you did regularly. This applies to all women..

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Kingdom, what about Ginko? Does it have any side effects or is it safe?

Although Ginkgo is a brilliant herb, any herb can have side effects if used extremely. It cannot be used if you're pregnant/nursing, never use it if you take antidepressants, or have bleeding disorders.
It can also cause vomiting, diarrhea & headache.

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mum had a malignant breast lump a couple of years ago, and after removing it the tests showed that that the cancer hadn't spread to the rest of the body elhamdolillah. However, I'm still worried about her, expecially that she's been taking Nolvadex since then and will do for the next few years. Especially after reading about Nolvadex's horrible side effects.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Although Ginkgo is a brilliant herb, any herb can have side effects if used extremely. It cannot be used if you're pregnant/nursing, never use it if you take antidepressants, or have bleeding disorders.
It can also cause vomiting, diarrhea & headache.

Thanks Kingdom! I never take it when Aunt Flo's visiting.

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know ,it such a strange topic
you weird "ya beta3et el koshary"

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Thanks Kingdom! I never take it when Aunt Flo's visiting.

Well you can, just make sure you're well cushioned!

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago.... I had a partial mestectomy, radiotherapy and chemotherapy for 8 months because it had spread to my lymph glands and my bones...
I just had my final check-up in July, and, alhamdulillah, I have been discharged from the hospital!!

But I still have a big ass!!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 14 August 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well embarrasingly yes, but since no Western doctor has come up with anything that works and I wonder if maybe other ladies have same problem then I will ask and put my embarrasment aside.
Well I find in the heat of Egypt thrush just rockets away out of control. Have tried every know remedy but nothing works except for in the end, Diflucan tablets, but it can't be good to keep taking them. I can be sat in a hot taxi and you can almost feel it taking control and saying whoppee I can really get you now in this wonderful heat.
I have IUD which I can't get rid of but am sure this makes matters worse.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Well embarrasingly yes, but since no Western doctor has come up with anything that works and I wonder if maybe other ladies have same problem then I will ask and put my embarrasment aside.
Well I find in the heat of Egypt thrush just rockets away out of control. Have tried every know remedy but nothing works except for in the end, Diflucan tablets, but it can't be good to keep taking them. I can be sat in a hot taxi and you can almost feel it taking control and saying whoppee I can really get you now in this wonderful heat.
I have IUD which I can't get rid of but am sure this makes matters worse.

Live yoghurt and cotton pants!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Elhamdolillah, Samia. I'm happy for you.

As for the big ass, c'est la vie

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Sadly enough some people are more prone to that sh-it. Diabetes, overwight and family history make the problem worse.
Have a look at this: http://www.marilynglenville.com/printable/general/thrush.htm

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
My god dose ot matter that much to have this BIG ASS .
guys this not that bad you still find someone that love this BIG ASS

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
My god dose ot matter that much to have this BIG ASS .
guys this not that bad you still find someone that love this BIG ASS

ETLA3 BARRAH3!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh by the way Kingdom, I have G6pd, or at least I carry it. As far as I can remember Aspirin is deadly for me. If I have the disease not only carry it.
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Are you serious?
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Who is serious?
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
aha okey doke Kingdom where do you live now?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Are you serious?

I'm (almost) never serious

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
ok i will just forget about it .
but next time i won't ok ??

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
aha okey doke Kingdom where do you live now?

Holland

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
If you take everything seriously Someone_lost you will get a heart attack very soon
chill dude

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Holland

oh where in Holland? I used to visit it a lot before. but now that is history.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
ok i will just forget about it .
but next time i won't ok ??

ya ma3ma3!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
oh where in Holland? I used to visit it a lot before. but now that is history.

Haarlem (10 min. from Amsterdam)

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Haarlem (10 min. from Amsterdam)

oh I used to go to Rotterdam. Zuid-Holland.
I was actually going to move there and study medicine over at the university at Rotterdam. but my fate turned out to be diff than i was planning it to be.

Its good that you are a doctor working over there, cause i have heard that the duetch doctors arent good at all!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Oh by the way Kingdom, I have G6pd, or at least I carry it. As far as I can remember Aspirin is deadly for me. If I have the disease not only carry it.

Let me first make one thing clear here. If ever, one would have a G6PD-Deficiency, cos all of us have the enzyme G6PD, if you don't have it then you're in trouble.
G6PD-Def. techincally falls under blood disorders, so aspirin should not be used indeed. But if you're a carrier you're relatively safer than a patient of the disease.
I was curious, are you pure Norwegian or do you have African/Indian blood?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
oh I used to go to Rotterdam. Zuid-Holland.
I was actually going to move there and study medicine over at the university at Rotterdam. but my fate turned out to be diff than i was planning it to be.

Its good that you are a doctor working over there, cause i have heard that the duetch doctors arent good at all!

They suck indeed. They caused me to lose 3 babies the asssholes. I only got a child after self-medication (& God's will after all).
But I quit the clinical work & I teach now.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Let me first make one thing clear here. If ever, one would have a G6PD-Deficiency, cos all of us have the enzyme G6PD, if you don't have it then you're in trouble.
G6PD-Def. techincally falls under blood disorders, so aspirin should not be used indeed. But if you're a carrier you're relatively safer than a patient of the disease.

For the medically-ignorant among us (and that is definitely me), what is g6pd deficiency? how do you get it, and are you saying there is an ethnic link somehow like taysachs or sickle cell?

Thanks!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

Yes thats true , I call it "takasor fil dam" in arabic so english name is a bit foreign for me. You see, I am a carrier and so is my sister, my two brothers have it. But those who carry it, they can also sometimes get the effect of the disease. I am actually iraqi.You see if I eat baggila the big beans sort, I get very ill and there is another vegetable, the ones who are purple they make me very very ill! while beside that I can eat anything from hommos to all other kind of beans. While my brother he could literary die if he just eats one bean. while my other brother can eat mokasarat but other things makes him stay at his bed. And its a lot common in arabic and asian contries.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
For the medically-ignorant among us (and that is definitely me), what is g6pd deficiency? how do you get it, and are you saying there is an ethnic link somehow like taysachs or sickle cell?

Thanks!

I'll let Doctor Kingdom describe it to you, cause eventhough my father has lectured me a thousand times about it. I still forget it

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was wondering if any of the members of this forum have (had) any health problems. I guess a big ass is a common side effect, but what else?

Your profession comes through..... come on I don't like to talk about fungus and lumps or whatsorever. There are many more interesting and happier things in life what you can get, right?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Your profession comes through..... come on I don't like to talk about fungus and lumps or whatsorever. There are many more interesting and happier things in life what you can get, right?

Hey tiger, How are you doing? How is your pregnancy doing. your rather quiet these days, hope everything is going ok with you.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

Thanks!

Okay here we go: In our bodies we have millions of enzymes tha help our vital processes take place. One of which is called Glucose6Phosphate-dehydrogenase. This enzyme helps in the process of utilizing sugar (but that is not important at all in this context).
Sadly, some of us (indeed like sickle cell people, coming from certain areas in the world, like Asia) do not have this enzyme, it is deficient in them. It hits boys the worst. As a result, if they eat certain things that cannot be broken due to that absent enzyme, those foods turn into poison that breaks their blood cells. Sadly enough, our famous & delicious fool medammes, that is sometimes the only food some can afford, can kill a child instantly if he has the disease. Sad ain't it?

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

Thanks!

Its inherited so check up if you maybe a carrier or your future husband.
By the way if you avoid those special type of food, you live quite normally.

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 14 August 2005).]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
For Tigerlily, Germans get very healthy kids. Don't read this thread right now
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh. I just meant if anyone has (or knows one who has) a certain disease and wants to talk about it.
Having a big ass is excluded since we all must have it by now, due to sitting behind our computers day & night.
What's so difficult about this 7aya?

there's nothing wrong with your question mykingdom,i just didn't understand it. i thought it was a joke because of the part about the big ass. well to answer you i've had a benign (elhamdullelah) lump removed when i was 19. i have a very sensitive stomach! my mother took me to so many doctors in egypt and europe and haven't figured out the problem until now. thats why even thought i eat all that junk food i'm still underweight (48 kilos). but what's really strange is that i keep getting problems that always turn out to be stress. i had a horrible cough that made me throw up 5 or 6 times a day and after soo many tests it turned out to be stressed. i've also had hair loss, skin rashes due to stress. and the worst case was last march, i got heavy headedness and i couldn't lift my head off the bed,the doctor got really concerned and asked me to do an MRI and elhamdullelah it was just stress. its really strange. anyway hehe sorry its a bit boring

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Doctora , could be any other disease linked to 7aya's symptoms? I still would be worried.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Hey tiger, How are you doing? How is your pregnancy doing. your rather quiet these days, hope everything is going ok with you.

Hi, Sarah, its just funny to read all the postings on here.

And we've just returned from a nine hour car trip to beautiful Southern Germany, stocked up on baby supplies (I love to go shopping!) Have to take advantage of the Army shopping faciltiies before they are getting closed for good.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
For Tigerlily, Germans get very healthy kids. Don't read this thread right now

Ah, I have these horrible thoughts about that something could be wrong with the baby. I know I should be not worried since I am more experienced because its not the first pregnancy and everything is well so far (baby is about 700 g right now).

By the way all my kids are 1/2 Hispanic because of dad and I am a brunette which makes them really attractive looking so no blue eyes and no blonde hair!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
By the way all my kids are 1/2 Hispanic because of dad and I am a brunette which makes them really attractive looking so no blue eyes and no blonde hair!

i wish an egyptian would say that too.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com