EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Any Fungus Among Us? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Any Fungus Among Us?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
there's nothing wrong with your question mykingdom,i just didn't understand it. i thought it was a joke because of the part about the big ass. well to answer you i've had a benign (elhamdullelah) lump removed when i was 19. i have a very sensitive stomach! my mother took me to so many doctors in egypt and europe and haven't figured out the problem until now. thats why even thought i eat all that junk food i'm still underweight (48 kilos). but what's really strange is that i keep getting problems that always turn out to be stress. i had a horrible cough that made me throw up 5 or 6 times a day and after soo many tests it turned out to be stressed. i've also had hair loss, skin rashes due to stress. and the worst case was last march, i got heavy headedness and i couldn't lift my head off the bed,the doctor got really concerned and asked me to do an MRI and elhamdullelah it was just stress. its really strange. anyway hehe sorry its a bit boring

best

Does not surprise me after reading your parents'life story on another thread. I wish I could give you a hug right now.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i wish an egyptian would say that too.

7aya, my son has dark eyes and lots of dark hair and people stop me in the street here in Holland to tell me how much they adore his looks, and that he's the most beautiful baby they've ever seen. That makes me wanna give a big finger to those who think only blonde is beautiful in our Masr el-ma7roosah!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
7aya I have complete trust in Egyptian doctors but I was wondering if you also underwent tests for intestinal parasites?
Sorry to ask you about this infront of everyone else..

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i wish an egyptian would say that too.

Say what ?
to have kids like the other couples

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by someone_lost:
Say what ?
to have kids like the other couples

someone_lost your mind?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
7aya I have complete trust in Egyptian doctors but I was wondering if you also underwent tests for intestinal parasites?
Sorry to ask you about this infront of everyone else..

I had massive quiet and non deadly gas for years mixed with a bleeding ulcer.

Somehow after taking 10 days of antibiotics for a bad cold the ulcers and gas went away.

I don't know if this is common knowledge outside of the USA but ulcers can be caused by bacteria. Certain antibiotics can rid your system of them.

When I came back from Egypt the first two times I had a fast stomach with cramps. It wasn't untill winter when I had to take a strong antibiotic for sinus infections that the stomach problems went away.

Yet I didn't take antibiotics mroe than twice as a kid so I don't have resilence to them.

Just a thought.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my kingdom, thanks for the support. actually i can't even remember if they checked for parasites or not. i've done so many tests i can't even remember. but the next time inshallah i vist the doctor i will ask him about that. there must be a solution for this,i can't live the rest of my life like that.
i'm sure your boy is gorgous, rabena yekhaliholek, and i love dark looks. its just a shame that egyptians are so obsessed with the blonde blue eyes look. when i go to europe people always comment about my olive skin and dark hair and eyes. did you ever hear of the fair and lovely cream? its a big hit in egypt, it promises to lighten the skin of women. so many women buy it. its so annoying!

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my kingdom, thanks for the support. actually i can't even remember if they checked for parasites or not. i've done so many tests i can't even remember. but the next time inshallah i vist the doctor i will ask him about that. there must be a solution for this,i can't live the rest of my life like that.
i'm sure your boy is gorgous, rabena yekhaliholek, and i love dark looks. its just a shame that egyptians are so obsessed with the blonde blue eyes look. when i go to europe people always comment about my olive skin and dark hair and eyes. did you ever hear of the fair and lovely cream? its a big hit in egypt, it promises to lighten the skin of women. so many women buy it. its so annoying!

best

But thats the funny thing! here in europe ppl use a cream self tan cream to get the bronze olive looking skin, and in arab countries they use fair and lovely to get white skin!!! its true that you always wish for what you dont have.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

best

In Europe they would sell it under Fair & Ugly. hehehehe

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In Europe they would sell it under Fair & Ugly. hehehehe

LOL

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just inquiring, what the hell is in the water, Delta region?

What kind of sicknesses can a khawagaa or a local get from drinking the water?

Is the infestations different from region to region?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by someone_lost (edited 15 August 2005).]

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this an advertise for propose :d
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[B]By the way all my kids are 1/2 Hispanic because of dad and I am a brunette which makes them really attractive looking so no blue eyes and no blonde hair!

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this an advertise for ppl to propose
quote:

By the way all my kids are 1/2 Hispanic because of dad and I am a brunette which makes them really attractive looking so no blue eyes and no blonde hair!

[This message has been edited by river_0f_l0ve (edited 15 August 2005).]

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by river_0f_l0ve:
[b] is this an advertise for propose :d

I dont think so
she just wondring if she can find man who accept have Hispanic thats is all

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
quote:
[b] is this an advertise for propose :d

I don't think so .
she just try to find man who think Hispanic kid more attractive than blond one

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

There is no word could describe the pain i got, or the heart beating i got inside me, while i was reading your lines...

i hope to be always beside you take warmy
if i can run, leave my work to handle you, i will do..

plz could always have a light smile over yr lips, like a sun shine

i hope for u the best... im always here if u need me beside.........

Allah Bless You

I hope ppl we stop talking abt disease cuz it is unbearable i feel im just cracking inside as i c ppl suffer, and maybe cry...

quote:
there's nothing wrong with your question mykingdom,i just didn't understand it. i thought it was a joke because of the part about the big ass. well to answer you i've had a benign (elhamdullelah) lump removed when i was 19. i have a very sensitive stomach! my mother took me to so many doctors in egypt and europe and haven't figured out the problem until now. thats why even thought i eat all that junk food i'm still underweight (48 kilos). but what's really strange is that i keep getting problems that always turn out to be stress. i had a horrible cough that made me throw up 5 or 6 times a day and after soo many tests it turned out to be stressed. i've also had hair loss, skin rashes due to stress. and the worst case was last march, i got heavy headedness and i couldn't lift my head off the bed,the doctor got really concerned and asked me to do an MRI and elhamdullelah it was just stress. its really strange. anyway hehe sorry its a bit boring

best

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

I hope for her the best ISA

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by river_0f_l0ve:
[b][b] is this an advertise for propose :d

I dont think so
she just wondring if she can find man who accept have Hispanic thats is all

[/B][/QUOTE]

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I hope ppl we stop talking abt disease cuz it is an bearable i feel im just cracking inside as i c ppl suffer, and maybe cry...

Oh when did you stop crying?

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

When i c ppl, stop have pain

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:

hahahahahahaha couldnt stop laughing. which is not good when you are at work ppl will think you're crazy not good for my ehm reputation

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
When i c ppl, stop have pain

ya riveroflove, I dont want to offend you or something. BUT CHILL DUDE! If you are talking serious, man you've got see some therapists or anything like that!!

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is no word could describe the pain i got, or the heart beating i got inside me, while i was reading your lines...

i hope to be always beside you take warmy
if i can run, leave my work to handle you, i will do..

plz could always have a light smile over yr lips, like a sun shine

i hope for u the best... im always here if u need me beside.........

Allah Bless You

I hope ppl we stop talking abt disease cuz it is unbearable i feel im just cracking inside as i c ppl suffer, and maybe cry...

7aya, I bet your husband would love to read this.

River, could you please stop double-posting, and plz plz start writing things that make sense.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:

River, could you please stop double-posting, and plz plz start writing things that make sense.

lol girl, thats what I was thinking.. the words just dont fit together. just like a symphoni with a bad violin player

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

ok, you do not have the right to offened me or something like. If we do post something here thats cuz everyone has its point of view, and how could handle things...

beside im not therapist, im communication engineer...does that work with u

quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
ya riveroflove, I dont want to offend you or something. BUT CHILL DUDE! If you are talking serious, man you've got see some therapists or anything like that!!

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Could you tell me what dat things make sense..

quote:

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

hehehe yeah. actually he's pretty cool so it wouldn't cause a problem. anyway thanks river for the support

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by river_0f_l0ve:
[b][b] is this an advertise for propose :d

I don't think so .
she just try to find man who think Hispanic kid more attractive than blond one [/B][/QUOTE]

Guys, all my children are under 6 and I don't have in mind to promise them to anyone ever. They will chose their own partners at one time in their lives.

I know in your culture it used to be quite common to promise children off already at birth to someone for later on.

Ain't happening here...... no way. My daughter would think I am crazy if I would suggest this to her. Anyway I don't think she will go with an Egyptian man though she loves the country a lot.

Last time when the delivery man from an Italian restaurant came and brought her her favourite pizza bread she was like: "Hm, yummy, this is so delicious. This is a good man. I am going to marry him.!" Kids talk!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 15 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
quote:

I know in your culture it used to be quite common to promise children off already at birth to someone for later on.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 15 August 2005).]

Tiger, I don't think it's common at all in Egypt. People just like to joke around about it, but they never take it seriously.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

In the past it was and I am sure in some rural areas its still quite common.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yeah, in the past, like 80% of the world.

But seriously after a circumcision of both boys and girls thats when the negiotiations would start. At least from what texts I have read.

Now at least with people migrating out of their villages, people don't want to promise their children off in the hopes that their children will find better elsewhere.

Its bad for climbing the social ladder. So its nearly done with.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Just inquiring, what the hell is in the water, Delta region?

What kind of sicknesses can a khawagaa or a local get from drinking the water?

Is the infestations different from region to region?

Son, untreated water could have all the below mentioned micro-organisms (bacteria, viruses, amoeba-like structures, and worms). Sometimes treated water could still have traces of mainly bacteria (E.coli) and Giardia. Bilharzia is caught only by swimming in or drinking infected water from ponds or stagnant nile water.
From all of the below mentioned organisms one could get diarrhea &/ vomiting, except for Legionella, which causes pneumonia.

Yes, these infections differ geographically within Egypt.

So the bad guys are: Cryptosporidium, Giardia lamblia,E. Coli, Viruses (enteric), Legionella, and of course our famous worm Bihalrzia (Schistosoma Hematobium & Mansoni)

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

actually nowadays its not common in rural areas either.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
MyKingdom are you here now? I need your help with something. If youre not busy
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
MyKingdom are you here now? I need your help with something. If youre not busy

I'm here. Shoot.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm here. Shoot.

Oh dear thanks. Sorry to bother you at this late hour. But I cant sleep. Ecerytime i close my eyes or let my head down to sleep. I get this huge carousel ride. the world just twist around me!! getting dizzzy!!
I get also heat waves!!
Since you became ES personal doctor I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get rid of it. again sorry for bothering you so late!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Oh dear thanks. Sorry to bother you at this late hour. But I cant sleep. Ecerytime i close my eyes or let my head down to sleep. I get this huge carousel ride. the world just twist around me!! getting dizzzy!!
I get also heat waves!!
Since you became ES personal doctor I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get rid of it. again sorry for bothering you so late!

No trouble at all sweetie. Can I ask you a couple of questions? If you want we can MSN

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
No trouble at all sweetie. Can I ask you a couple of questions? If you want we can MSN

Well i dont have msn I have yahoo. sure you can ask. and thanks soooo much for answering me back

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 16 August 2005).]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Well i dont have msn I have yahoo. sure you can ask.

How old are you?
Is aunt flo visiting?
Since when do you have this complaint?
Is it constantly happening or can you relate it to a certain event/food or drink?
Do you have any other complaints? Like cough, weight loss, diarrhea, vomiting.. etc..
Do you worry abouth sth in particular in your personal life?
.. Pls answer these fist.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
- By Aunt Flo I meant your period. Do you have it or expecting it soon?
- "It happened from yesterday, with headaches, but today it increased into headache all day long. plus dizzyness. the world just goes round and round specially when I close my eyes. I have lost my appetite too. and feel very thirsty all the time. "
- Have you ever had attacks of migraine before? Do you konw anyone in the family with it?
- Do you see light flashes?
- do you have any ear trouble? Had it in the past?
- So you're thirsty all th etime, & do you also go to the toilet often?
All this only since yesterday? No previous complaints?

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Sorry I was away for a while. My boy just gave a midnight freak show in his bed and I had to go to him.
I've been thinking about your complaints. I wish Medosa was reading now with me. Initially I was thinking about a problem in your ear. But this thirst complaint is a bit out of course of pure ear trouble.
Let me look some stuff up..

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
OH girl, dont worry about it. I am going to try and sleep now and if still keep having the same symptoms tomorrow i will go and check it out.
but thanks for taking your time at this hour.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

I didnt have that much trouble with my ear but sometimes cause of allergy.

What do you mean by this?

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Salamtek Sara! Could it be low blood pressure? I've had similar symptoms. Years ago it was so bad that I just passed out on the bathroom floor minutes after waking up.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
What do you mean by this?

I mean in summer time I get allergies which causes that I get some trouble with my ears.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
So do you think your blood pressure is fine?
Can you count your heart rate at this moment?

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 16 August 2005).]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
So do you think your blood pressure is fine?
Can you count your heart rate at this moment?

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 16 August 2005).]

I dont know ! But dont worry. I have taken already too much time from you. I will try to rest and maybe i will feel better tomorrow.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Salamtek Sara! Could it be low blood pressure? I've had similar symptoms. Years ago it was so bad that I just passed out on the bathroom floor minutes after waking up.

Thanks girl, I dont know if it is. I think i will check it tomorrow. but i tell its not fun feeling!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com