EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What's the Average Height? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's the Average Height?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of an Egyptian man and woman?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man 168 cm
Woman 162 cm

(Sorry Snoozin, you do the conversion!)

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snoozin:
Of an Egyptian man and woman? [/QUOTE

up to 170 for men,
i think women between 158 till 165
I'm 157 and they consider me very short [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember seeing many men over 5'6", are you people sure about 168cm for men?
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Of an Egyptian man and woman?

I'm average for Egyptian ( for man in general for that matter) and I'm 5-9.....but why is that question...?
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious. Most middle eastern and north african men I see here are fairly short. But Egyptian men seemed taller. Egyptian women still seemed somewhat shorter to me as well.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is 5'11"
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

By the way, MK, I hear the Dutch are the tallest people on the planet, the average Dutchman is 6'1".

Or 185.4 cm.

Wow.

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
Mine is 5'11"

Your what?

Egyptian guy?

or your own height? and if this is you, are you a man or woman?

If I were that tall, I'd be playing in the WNBA. [Wink]

FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian guy. Sorry for the confusion, I am quite short and very much a woman!
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard height and length are important. [Big Grin] Especially length. LOL! If you volunteered height, please go ahead and volunteer length. [Big Grin]
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
I heard height and length are important. [Big Grin] Especially length. LOL! If you volunteered height, please go ahead and volunteer length. [Big Grin]

LOL! [Big Grin]
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] ...shoes length you mean
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All those volunteeres who mentioned height how dare they forgot length. [Big Grin]
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
All those volunteeres who mentioned height how dare they forgot length. [Big Grin]

Snoozin did not ask for length [Wink]
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Someone should run the poll.
Please include all sizes.
[Big Grin] - medium ( it's ok, I am happy, she is VERY happy)
[Eek!] - large ( it's "oh my God", it's wonderful, irresistable )
[Frown] - small ( well, it's not ok but I am technican. )

Or you can do in numbers, whatever you want. [Big Grin]
Volunteers who gave height should go first.

daria1975
Member # 6244

I'd be more concerned if they said *innie* or *outie.* [Razz]
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm 5'11"
Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hardly know any Egyptian guys who are as short as 168 cm!
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
I hardly know any Egyptian guys who are as short as 168 cm!

There are many. I'm 173 and I notice that lots of Egyptian men are shorter than me.
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 168 and I notice that most Egyptian men are taller than me. Weird! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Height and lenghth...
make an L shape with your pointer and thumb of your left hand-tall person with - lenght
Swing L shape of left hand to the left =
short person with long length...

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm 168 and I notice that most Egyptian men are taller than me. Weird! [Roll Eyes]

LOL! [Wink]

I said many, not most, in reply to your statement that Egyptian men 168 or under are a rarity. [Smile]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
OK, Dalia. Fair enough [Smile]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
By the way, MK, I hear the Dutch are the tallest people on the planet, the average Dutchman is 6'1".

Or 185.4 cm.

Wow.

Correct!

They're so tall and have no idea what to do with all this body length!

Tall Dutchmen move in space like idiots. If you compare their body language to other Western Europeans you will be totally turned off by it.

I have some students who are 2 meters plus (so almost 7 foot-tall).

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
I'm 173 and I notice that lots of Egyptian men are shorter than me.

Same here.
MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaliG182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Or 185.4 cm.

Wow.

LOL! Pleeeeeeeeease, everybody knows that Somali people are the tallest on the planet. [Roll Eyes]

Most Somali men are over 6ft tall. My daddy is 6ft3 and my brother is 6ft4. Unfortunately though, I'm only 5ft8 [Frown] I so could have been a model if I were taller, and a non-muslim. But thank God I AM a muslim.

Posts: 356 | From: NEVERMIND | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by MaliG182:
quote:

Or 185.4 cm.

Wow.

LOL! Pleeeeeeeeease, everybody knows that Somali people are the tallest on the planet. [Roll Eyes]

Most Somali men are over 6ft tall. My daddy is 6ft3 and my brother is 6ft4. Unfortunately though, I'm only 5ft8 [Frown] I so could have been a model if I were taller, and a non-muslim. But thank God I AM a muslim.

Show me documented proof of this and not just your anecdotal evidence, and I might change my mind.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian is 185cm (6'1) but most of the others I know aren't much taller than me, 167cm (5'6).
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaliG182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoozin, you don't seem to have any proof either. You only "hear" that Dutchmen are tall.
Posts: 356 | From: NEVERMIND | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to be 182 cm [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
I hear the Dutch are the tallest people on the planet..

Here, make sure then you read it also!

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2004/07/dutch_worldas_t.php

daria1975
Member # 6244

Here are some references Kawthar/MaliG:

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/taller.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/28/opinion/garver/main614227.shtml

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1185387,00.html

http://blog.kzion.com/archives/2004/07/22/and-the-tallest-nationality-is/

http://xo.typepad.com/blog/2004/07/img_alt_srchttp_16.html

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by misfit:

I'm afraid to ask what got cut off to make you shorter! [Eek!]

[Wink]

Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheffie (Egyptian) is about 184cm, and I'm 177cm (English). In Egypt I thought the range of heights was greater than England (I saw more really short men, about 160cm, but I also saw more taller men) so I guess the average is about the same, 173-175cm - most men in England are shorter than me (despite the fact a lot of them claim to be 182cm - they aren't!)
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Or 185.4 cm.

Wow.

quote:Originally posted by MaliG182:
quote:Originally posted by Snoozin:

Or 185.4 cm.

Wow. LOL! Pleeeeeeeeease, everybody knows that Somali people are the tallest on the planet. [[Roll Eyes]]

Most Somali men are over 6ft tall. My daddy is 6ft3 and my brother is 6ft4. Unfortunately though, I'm only 5ft8 [[Frown]] I so could have been a model if I were taller, and a non-muslim. But thank God I AM a muslim. Show me documented proof of this and not just your anecdotal evidence, and I might change my mind

Show me documented proof of this and not just your anecdotal evidence, and I might change my mind.

Actually, MaliG is correct about Somalis and they tend to be very tall and slim people. Another tall people are Nilotic people in Southern Sudan. Most are generally very tall with a very slim frame. You might remeber the basketball player Manute Bol was a Nilotic person from Southern Sudan.

Here is some information:

Although persons of Nilotic tribes in southern Sudan are among the tallest in the world, this genetic characteristic should not substantially influence WFH (in contrast to height-for-age).

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00020363.htm

However, you also have to taken into consideration that height is many times influenced by nutrition. Height can change in various populations so it should be be used soley as an ethnic marker.

quote:
MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari wrote:

Here, make sure then you read it also!

" target="_blank">http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2004/07/dutch_worldas_t.php[/quote]

You do realize that the following website is a right-wing white supremist website right? Not saying the article is incorrect but thats not the best place to get information from.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2004/07/dutch_worldas_t.php

You do realize that the following website is a right-wing white supremist website right? Not saying the article is incorrect but thats not the best place to get information from.

Yes I do realize it's a right-wing white supremist website, right!

Just wanted to piss someone off. Do you mind?!

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I do mind. You should not give white supremist advertisement on a web forum that gets lots of hits.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Yes I do mind. You should not give white supremist advertisement on a web forum that gets lots of hits.

7ader!

What else am I not allowed to do?

[Roll Eyes]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

7ader!

What else am I not allowed to do?

[Roll Eyes]

Well obviously use your gut instincts!
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Good girl, MK! Enti shatoora [Razz]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Good girl, MK! Enti shatoora [Razz]

[Razz]
[Wink]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:

Don't tell me..

En7aneet min el-hamm?

(does this expression really exist or did I just make it up?)

Hoooba
Member # 7262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoooba   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This an interesting topic. When I left Egypt, I was probably around 6'6 (~167cm). I came back three years later at 6'2 (~189cm) and my friends were blown away. They thought it was because of the American beef or something [Big Grin]

Do guys think were not utilzing our full genetic capability in Egypt? [Wink]

Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 173 which is a big problem amongst the iraqis. ( I am the tallest one! amongst the ladies and the men! which is a big crisis!)

hmm maybe i should find me an egyptian [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

and guess what I love wearing high heels.
than he has to be at least 185!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think you're in trouble there? I'm 180 and still wearing high heels (10cm at least) Try to picture me in your mind!
This way i can look down to people without being condescendent! {[giggle])
Sometimes, whem i'm in a room with men with average height i'm a little bit embarrassed (for them not for me), but they don't give a s**t about that. They simply love tall women!

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol.. high heels rocks! [Big Grin]

I was the tallest in my school was teased A LOT!
specially when we had dance lessons. no one wanted to dance with me.
ended always with the teacher [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Tall?

Be a model, or just look like one. [Big Grin]

All the gorgeous women are tall. I bet those boys in dance class are eating their hearts out now! [Wink]

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Seren-:
lol.. high heels rocks! [Big Grin]

I was the tallest in my school was teased A LOT!
specially when we had dance lessons. no one wanted to dance with me.
ended always with the teacher [Frown] [Frown]

Hi Seren! At least you have had good partners in this way because I suppose that the teachers were dancing well [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
lool.. actually one of them turned out to have a crush on me [Roll Eyes]

well when i was a kid I wanted to be miss universe [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

naah i dont look anything like a model. I am just sara [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com