EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » military exemptions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: military exemptions
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aspirations (aka PC)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband and i have been married for 2 and a half years, i am canadian and he is egyptian, we have lived in egypt for the whole time. we have a son, one month old. we want to immigrate back to canada and in order to do that he must get exempted from his obligatory military service or wait a long time until his selection date comes up. my question is this: they no longer exempt you for simply being married to a foreigner but what if the foreign wife was in the infantry (army) back in canada before coming to egypt? is there an exemption if your foreign spouse served in a foreign military?
below is an overview of our situation:
egyptian husband - canadian wife
one son
egyptian husband - both parents are dead
egyptian husband has custody/ guardian of his 15 year old brother
there is one other younger brother who is an officer in egyptian military and he is married
canadian wife served canadian military for 3 years
both are muslim..if that has anything to do with it in the eyes of the military ( security issues?)
we were called to the national security one time because wife was niqabi and husband bearded..but since im now hijabi only and he shaved the beard (his job required it, my job as a teacher also required it)
thx if u can answer this query

Posts: 209 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aspirations (aka PC)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP...ANYONE?

--------------------
cracked

Posts: 209 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pregnantcravings:
my husband and i have been married for 2 and a half years, i am canadian and he is egyptian, we have lived in egypt for the whole time. we have a son, one month old. we want to immigrate back to canada and in order to do that he must get exempted from his obligatory military service or wait a long time until his selection date comes up. my question is this: they no longer exempt you for simply being married to a foreigner but what if the foreign wife was in the infantry (army) back in canada before coming to egypt? is there an exemption if your foreign spouse served in a foreign military?
below is an overview of our situation:
egyptian husband - canadian wife
one son
egyptian husband - both parents are dead
egyptian husband has custody/ guardian of his 15 year old brother
there is one other younger brother who is an officer in egyptian military and he is married
canadian wife served canadian military for 3 years
both are muslim..if that has anything to do with it in the eyes of the military ( security issues?)
we were called to the national security one time because wife was niqabi and husband bearded..but since im now hijabi only and he shaved the beard (his job required it, my job as a teacher also required it)
thx if u can answer this query

This is the kin of question that should be asked to Egyptian officials or may be even a lawyer.

But here is a similar discussion:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000661#000000

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/002181.html
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum3/HTML/000145.html

Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
if we apply for his permanent residence for canada and he gets the card will he be exempt? im afraid to apply for his pr before the military selection date because what if he tries to leave the country to land in canada and egyptian officials wont let him out? plus he must have a valid passport to get it stamped by the canadian embassy which he doesnt because he is just graduated med school. what a pain in the a@@.
dont know what to do, i dont know how we will feed our child if he is in the service..im terrified..the officials have no answers for us and nobody seems to know anything.
i figured me being in the army before, my ex husband being a in the canadian navy and my other exhusband being in the u.s. navy might help get him out??? yeah i know 3rd marriage...3rd times a charm

--------------------
cracked

Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i figured me being in the army before, my ex husband being a in the canadian navy and my other exhusband being in the u.s. navy might help get him out??? yeah i know 3rd marriage...3rd times a charm

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
if we apply for his permanent residence for canada and he gets the card will he be exempt? im afraid to apply for his pr before the military selection date because what if he tries to leave the country to land in canada and egyptian officials wont let him out? plus he must have a valid passport to get it stamped by the canadian embassy which he doesnt because he is just graduated med school. what a pain in the a@@.
dont know what to do, i dont know how we will feed our child if he is in the service..im terrified..the officials have no answers for us and nobody seems to know anything.

You're right. I he'd already finished his studies, he will not be issued a passport until his army service issue is resolved. If he hasn't finished his university yet, a temporary passport can be issued for a period of 6 months .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com