EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » hair extensions??!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hair extensions??!!
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
I would like to know if anyone knows where can i have hair extensions in Cairo.I know about lots of places where they make by glue but this is not what im looking for..Im looking for extensions by sewing method.I called mohamed soghayar`s salon but it seems they dont know wht they r taLking about coz i got my Sis in law to call them not to have misunderstanding and they said yes they make that in Semiramis.So we called there and they told us no,they dont make it.So please if anyone knows about a place where i can have this FOR SURE,let me know.
Thanks a lot in advance: katia

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uff sorry for posting it twice..was a mistake :S
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSalsa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know too actually!
As i only know where they do it with Glue.
Are their any women on this forum that have hair extensions?
It's growing increasingly popular.

Posts: 12 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a lady called Lilly, from "Lilly Services" who offered hair extansions on this very site. But I'm sorry I don't know where exactly her thread was.

But please think twice before getting any hair extensions.. They are trouble.. For example many women get the so-called traction alopecia because of them. I see of those cases regularly..

Even the world's biggest extenstions' addict, Victoria Bekham, is quitting her extensions because of this problem..

Have a look:

http://badhairday.typepad.com/bad_hair_day/2006/06/victoria_beckha.html

http://hairloss.about.com/b/a/256187.htm

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't it true that many pieces of real hair for extensions come from people and children desperate for money? This is something I heard recently. [Confused]
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Hepburn:
isn't it true that many pieces of real hair for extensions come from people and children desperate for money? This is something I heard recently. [Confused]

Yes that's true. Especially from Asian countries like India and China, Russia, and South America, where the beautiful hair is abundant!

This one confuses me! I don't know.. I mean it's a way to get money for those poor people, but what happens is that they get a couple of dollars for the locks they've been growing for years, and then the hair would be resold by the hair pimps for thousands of dollars to the rich and the bald.

But this ain't the world's "onlyest" problem.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
He he, last weekend we were vsiting someone who's interested in doing business with my husband.. On the way to their house, hubby told me: "I know it is very difficult not to stare at it in total disbelief, but try to avoid staring at his hair piece!!"

[Big Grin]

Why do men do this to themselves?

Do they really think it looks natural?

I mean okay bald men don't turn heads, but there are many other solutions like shaving the head totally for example!!

There was once this comedian/reporter working for the BBC and throwing comments at stars on the red carpet on their way to attend some hayafa event in Berlin. Then Elton John came along.. So the guy started shouting: "Sir Elton, Sir Elton.. You know what they call you here in Germany? HERR PIECE"

[Big Grin]

MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSalsa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep thanks! I am aware of ethical issues.
Also, the clip-in extensions have many faults and are quite tricky to adjust properly to look natural. They aren't that versatile with styling either.
I guess these sewed in hair extensions aren't that popular over there.

Posts: 12 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea i agree with MissSalsa..If we start looking at everything from etical view then we shouldnt even get dressed or buy any products coz we all know its all coming from china ,where poor people work their butt off all day for 20 cents a day..Oh or do u know about those carpets that r made by VERY poor women and they may spend 2months on a small rug?Is it fair?No,nothing is fair in this world and actually i dont find any crime in extensions for the sake of trying to look good if the mother nature didnt bless u with huge amount of hair.Isnt it like plastic suregery?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
That's why I said it's not the world's only problem.

I believe every person should do whatever the bug he pleases, but only after thorough research.

Have I ever told you that my favorite star ever is Nanny Fran Fine?!! [Big Grin]

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
lol ok.
Btw i had the extensions lots of time in my country,but here i havent found any place to have them readjusted.Thank God it has never made any side effects.

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Oh and i forgot to mention,my extensions are from european hair coz asian and indian is worse quality and its texture is not going with the european kind of hair.coz our hair is softer and maybe thinner.
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im american and i love hair extensions. i have been getting them for 3 years now and i can tell you that the sew ins are the worst. you risk fungus growing in the stitching because they dont dry as well after a shower. the best to get are the fusion kind. each hair weft has a hard tip which is melted onto your hair with a special clamp iron. that stays in for months at a time. the stitching also will pull your own hair out. if you want just a short term look, get the kind you can glue in with a bonding adhesive. it will last only a week though before it lifts. get fusion done. also, be careful what kind of hair you get. make it a point that you want hair which is human and has the cuticle facing the same way. most use cheap remi which is hairclippings taken off the floor and put in a row but the shaft is going all directions. the best to use is european remi which is taken off the head of the donor in one snip and packed that way...otherwise you will end up with a head full of nappy hair after 2 days.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com