EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where were you September 11, 2001? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where were you September 11, 2001?
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:
btw, why did Hitler hate The jews?

I had heard (through the discovery channel, which is far from factual) that Hitler wanted to go to Art School so he hit up his jewish grandmother for the fees.

She said no, along with all of his Jewish relatives.

If she had paid, Hitler would've been a really well funded, untalented artist; bohemian style completely smashed on Viennian coffee lashed with Turkish hash.

Vienna would've suffered, but the rest of the world would've been better off. [Frown]

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was in the army at the time... we were put on NBC (nuclear biological and chemical) stand by in london, my partner was working in canary wharf and of course they were all terrified (thats the london equivalent of the twin towers) they were all evacuated immediately.

Madam M.. i dont agree with you when you say we should let go.. the 7/7 bombings will haunt me forever.. the fear of wondering where all your friends and family were, the relief when they were all accounted for...

i come from Lockerbie.. i was just a kid when that happened, but i will never forget that,
and personally i would be very angry to see the 21st of december pass without some news coverage.. i feel so distant from home and seeing the ceremony in Lockerbie on the TV that day makes me feel a little closer to my friends and family.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue skies:
Thanks Smuckers - a darling with an unpicky husband and a complicated mum... just about sums me up [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You remind me of Monica of "Friends" & how her mum is a pain
Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
It's time to realize that tragedies happen all the time all over the world and for the most part no one makes a stink about it and they certainly don't dedicate hours upon hours of TV and radio time to it. Americans are not the only ones worthy of sympathy. Americans are not the only human beings that matter in this world. It makes me kinda sick when ppl say..God Bless America..how about God Bless Everyone?

THUMBS UP..... I could really quote you..... I think you just expressed how everybody feels
Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which monica? I dont know any one caled Monica except that chic called monica Luninisky of Mr clinton?

I watch grey's anatomy these days but i dont understand lots of English because i'm still learning.

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[qb] BTW Arabs already teach their little children to hate Jews

By the way, Christians hate the Jews too because they believe that they killed Jesus Christ.

Therefore, everybody hates the Jews (not just the muslims & the Jews hate the muslims too) ..... And athough the Americans & the jews hate each other they can team up against the arabs coz they have mutual benefites

^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*
Member # 11811

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey cine wer r ya???
Posts: 129 | From: cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:
which monica? I dont know any one caled Monica except that chic called monica Luninisky of Mr clinton?

I watch grey's anatomy these days but i dont understand lots of English because i'm still learning.

Courtney Cox in FRIENDS the famous series
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*:
hey cine wer r ya???

Hey Sweetie, i was out all day & i came back around 30 minutes ago, very tired.... have you checked out that (other thing) I told u about? hope ur enjoying
faithalwaysn4ever
Member # 11860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithalwaysn4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a sophomore in High school in Florida. I was in the international baccalaurate programme, ironically in theory of knowledge, and we were sitting down in the computer lab to write out internal assessments. When we got in the computer lab instructor (not our teacher) said something about a bomb in the WTC... but she was very hard to understand, and we generally regarded her as nuts anyway. But a few of the guys got online as we were there and informed us that no she was right... they were on CNN i think. It was just after the first plane hit. Our teacher came in and said that we would move to an adjacent room with the freshman psychology class and watch the TV in there. We got in and we saw the second plane hit... it was then that qwe all gasped, and started talking a million miles a minute... about that this wasnt an accident. Most people looked stunned... a few angry... and two of us were crying. We both had friends and family in the towers.
When the bell rang everyone left the room to go to the next class... i couldnt pull myself away from the screen. Then the first tower fell... i was the only one in the room.... and i scremaed (so i'm told) I wasnt even aware that i had until a few other kids came in and asked what was wrong. I ran to my third class, and watched... a shoirt time later the second tower fell. By then the other girl who was with me in this class as well was hysterical. We were trying to console her... her mother, father, and fiancee were all at the WTC. We found out later that she lost her father and fiancee. We watched together as the pentagon was hit... well the aftermath... and we all speculated as to what would be next. We all thought the capitol was next.
The rest of the day was surreal. We were all listening, watching, anxious, and genuinely afraid. Our principal came over the intercom a few times to address the school. We were asked to reamin on campus to face this as a family. We were encouraged not to violence, but to compassion, and understanding.
I didnt go to school the next day... or the day after... my mom stayed home from work... and we talked. Alot. We watched, we wroite letters, we went to church to pray for survivors, and those left behind.
There is no way to deny that my world changed that day... I think it did for most in my generation. For many of us, it was a wake up call... and a growing up. I would like to be able to say that it was a change for the better... and in some ways it was. We saw the best and the worst in ourselves in the following weeks. I am ashamed for those i know at some of the reprocussions... shockwaves that happened in the weeks afterward. Though within the IB there were no outbreaks of violence towards others. In the school was another matter. For that I am still sad.
I am ashamed for myself at how blind I was before 9/11 to international affairs, and even still today I know that I have alot to learn. What I can say is that I am learning, I am trying. Hopefully that is worht something.
There were three of us in my class that lost family, and friends that day.
The one girl lost a father and a fiancee. I lost my godfather, and another boy lost a brother.
May all those that passed that day rest in G-ds perfect peace, and those who were left behind have found the strength to move on, that this not have been a tradgedy in vain, but find some way to make a positive difference.

Posts: 120 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
أنا بقا كنت لسة ما اتولدتش
i wasnt still born yet

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paint Me As I Am
Member # 7796

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paint Me As I Am   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garfield:
Do you remember what you were doing when you heard about September 11, 2001 and what it meant to you?

I was at work- waiting for our first Flight to arrive..-Next thing we were told was all flights were grounded.. but, we had to remain working while every one/passengers had to evacuate the building...
Posts: 2068 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was on a murder scene the worst racist attack of its kind in my city ,,and the air was chilling u cud hear a pin drop for at least 3weeks ..
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com