EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How Healthy is Egyptian Food? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How Healthy is Egyptian Food?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ [Big Grin]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
See,MK????You could plan a meet-up with those of us not into sweets and have a blast!We`ll be happy with those Egy specialties that live up to our salty,pickely,sour,lemony delights.....

*Drool*

Okay Sashy, next time we're both in Cairo we have to eat @ Abul-Sid. I'm not up-to-date but that place never fails to satisfy my guts.

oh no...... i never liked Abul Sid's food

I am not a fan of Egyptian food that much [Frown] i can live on Chinese [Cool]

Ohhm,my,CAT...ever since i tasted Egy or Middle Eastern food specialties i've been a huge fan [Big Grin] [Wink] Just love it,and even here in Puerto Rico i'm a regular at ME local restaurants.
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOT I'm usually skinny BTW, but for a noble reason I currently look like a happy hippopotamus.

woow , are you pregnant?
congratulation in advance

Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by karemo7:
until now i didn't talk about toffies and sweets , i worn you don't eat too much ,or your weight can jump to its double ,
ok here some delicious dishes like KABAB ,MAHALABIA , ROS BE ELABAN ,FETEER MESHALTET , OM ALAY.
i like all those sweets and delicious dishes ,and my weight still average

Am I the only woman who is not into sweets? I don't like chocolate or ice-cream or the stuff you mentioned. I hardly ever eat that stuff. I don't buy it and I happen to accidentally consume it when I am visiting and get it offered (don't want to be rude).

Pass me the jar of pickles and the Tabasco bottle, that's my candy! I'm usually skinny BTW, but for a noble reason I currently look like a happy hippopotamus.

*raising her hand high here*
Mee,meee,MK...i've never been into sweets myself,not even as a child.Just like you,i dont even have them at home and only have maybe a scoop or piece of sweets when out to dinner or when at somebody's home and not to be rude.
On the other way,i just love salty/lemony flavors. [Smile] [Big Grin]

is that an accedint?
many women i knew like pickles

Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Can you describe why you don't like Abul-Sid Koshari?

I wouldn't order it anyway when going there because I like their appetizers very much and I feel it's a bit ridiculous to fork over 16 LE for a dish you can get anywhere else for a few pounds. But I had it a few times when friends ordered from there and each time I was utterly disappointed. I found it extremely bland, it justed tasted like pasta with tomatosauce, very little garlic and not even remotely spicy! [Frown] The kushari from any Abou xyz on the street tastes much better imo.

At the moment I have kushari from El Omda in the fridge – it's excellent. [Smile]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Fool is the best meal ever. Also very nutritious. Actually the perfectly healthy meal. You get some "fools" who pretend to detest the habit of eating fool because it's so called a low-class meal, but that is just so hypocrite and idiotic. I am sure most of the Egyptians, even those who would deny it, have fool for breakfast or dinner or even lunch.

I love fool too. [Smile] But I also noticed that many Egyptians seem to think it's unhealthy and fattening; many people are surprised when I mention that it's a very healthy meal ...
[Confused]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fool cooked with little tomato pieces + Tahini + olive oil and fresh Egyptian black bread Yuuuumm

Fool el3arabya a7la fool ........

Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
Fool is the best meal ever. Also very nutritious. Actually the perfectly healthy meal. You get some "fools" who pretend to detest the habit of eating fool because it's so called a low-class meal, but that is just so hypocrite and idiotic. I am sure most of the Egyptians, even those who would deny it, have fool for breakfast or dinner or even lunch.

I love fool too. [Smile] But I also noticed that many Egyptians seem to think it's unhealthy and fattening; many people are surprised when I mention that it's a very healthy meal ...
[Confused]

It's not fatty at all, it's full with protein and fibers ... specially in the winter time,it's really warming you up ........
Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by High-Voltage:
Fool cooked with little tomato pieces + Tahini + olive oil and fresh Egyptian black bread Yuuuumm

Fool el3arabya a7la fool ........

ya 3eyny , yahea fool ek3arabya
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by High-Voltage:
It's not fatty at all, it's full with protein and fibers

I know, thus my comment! But you should tell your fellow countrymen and -women about it. [Wink]

I agree, it's an excellent winter dish, especially if you add lots of fresh chilies. [Smile]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karemo7:
congratulation in advance

Shokran ya 3azizi.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com