EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Thunder and lightning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunder and lightning
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an awesome thunder and lightning storm going on now in Cairo. It's been going for many hours now and it's finally getting close to our apartment.
We only felt a few sprinkles of rain earlier in the evening. I'm not sure if it's raining elsewhere or not.

Anyone else notice the storm? MashAllah!
I just think they're so exciting, I love them.
[Smile]

And I'm so excited this is happening while I'm here! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screwdriver
Member # 13583

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screwdriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love thunder n lightning storms...I have never heard thunder or seen lightning since I lived in Egypt...Sobhanallah I started writing this a while ago and left and was sitting in a another room and the thunder and lightning began here in Ismailia also...now it is affecting the satellite dish lol

--------------------
I have a little secret..do you?

Posts: 109 | From: The Pubs | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is now almost 5:00am, and it started at 2:00am, it is still going on.
Thunder is so strong, my room had many flashes from the lightning.
The surprise that an idea came to my mind to use my digital camera to shoot the lightning.
You will never believe it, after 30 seconds, I could record a complete lightning from the start spark till spreading in the wide sky.
I was frozen when it started and was not sure what did I record exactly. it is amazing

I can email that short movie to anyone asks for it.
Rehab buildings are so clear, my car is in the park, and then up to the lightening in the sky.

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few sprinkles here in Shebin last night, otherwise it's been nice. As my husband says, 'I'm hardly waiting' for the first REAL rain. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's 9 a.m. now and the storm is still going. It just started raining again actually.
Last night after I posted it started raining pretty good.
My husband says it never storms this time of year and even when it does storm it doesn't last so long.
I guess we're not going to the pyramids today.
lol

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keep Smiling
Member # 14274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keep Smiling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard that it will go on for 48 hours, wow thats cool (no work) haha
Posts: 69 | From: Egypt, | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it reaches us. [Smile] I would love to see some rain. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's storming coz Leito is in town. Bleecch.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think thunder is very romantic unless it's the continuous back2back2back boom-boom-boom and a zoom zoom [Big Grin]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Eek!] Run !!!! [Eek!]

[Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup...it did all the storming thing here too last night, and finally rained about 9 ish.
and woke up this morning, and more thunder, but no rain...guess it went right over us.
oh well...my garden looks nice & green this morning - all the leaves are clean !

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it is like women talk after finishing preparing food and waiting for husbinds to come back from work.
Only me and Leito are males here.
I read the word 'My Husbind' many times.
OK ladies, my wife was sleeping and refused to wake up and see the lightning, but my daughter did.
It was me and this 2 yrs old little lady sitting in front of the windows and imitating the same sounds.

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

SO nice Egy, sounds like a very nice memory. [Smile] I agree we need more men around here to balance out the Estrogen. [Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
yup...it did all the storming thing here too last night, and finally rained about 9 ish.
and woke up this morning, and more thunder, but no rain...guess it went right over us.
oh well...my garden looks nice & green this morning - all the leaves are clean !

Hi Jean,

I think for anyone who has lived in Egypt or currently lives in Egypt such natural beauty is very rare. So I am happy for the people there and they should very well enjoy it. I remember how much I wished it would rain to simply put the color back in the trees.

Enjoy it [Smile] and snap some pics of the garden.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egy_mada:
Yes, it is now almost 5:00am, and it started at 2:00am, it is still going on.
Thunder is so strong, my room had many flashes from the lightning.
The surprise that an idea came to my mind to use my digital camera to shoot the lightning.
You will never believe it, after 30 seconds, I could record a complete lightning from the start spark till spreading in the wide sky.
I was frozen when it started and was not sure what did I record exactly. it is amazing

I can email that short movie to anyone asks for it.
Rehab buildings are so clear, my car is in the park, and then up to the lightening in the sky.

I'd love to see it, can u upload it to Youtube or something - would love to see if it shows lightning moving from the ground up to the sky which is what I was taught at school really happens!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was awesome
Took a chairs into the middle of the garden away from the trees and metal balconies and just sat there awe struck at the sheet lightening covering the skies.
Seems like God was finishing the Eid celebrations with a firework display better than any one I ever saw.

Garden all lush and the leaves are all green after their bath.
[Big Grin]

egy mada
please upload to u tube and post the link here for us

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm men enough for this thread. Solo!!!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com