EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The perils of Pauline...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The perils of Pauline...
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum...

Today I decided to try and get to Carrefour by bus. So I took a bus from outside my home to the pyramids. Well, I got off the bus and there was this pile of wet sand in the way - so I stepped on it. Next thing I knew I was up to my knees and sinking.
I started yelling - somebody help me please and people were looking at me in disbelief!
Someone started coming to help me, then a bus went past and a man jumped off, put his hand out to me and pulled me out. Well up to my knees was just sopping wet and covered in sand. So I sat on the kerb laughing. Another man came over with a bottle of water and a sponge so I could start to clean it off.
Then a policeman came over and said to follow him to some secret police place behind the fence - so I did. Well there was a ladies toilet across some wasteland with a shitafer so I was able to wash
down my trainers and jeans. Apart from having my head patted and the policeman going 'bosa bosa' to which I replied 'la la', I escaped relatively unscathed.
Anyway, tried to find the Alex Road and bus to Carrefour but everyone kept telling me it was the next road round (I was at that big roundabout outside the Meridian hotel). Eventually, a taxi driver took pity on me and said he would take me for 10LE!!!! (Last time I took a taxi from my home to Carrefour - price negotiated by Toots hubbie i- it cost 30LE so a bit of a bargin there).
I gave him 12LE when we got here because he was not a money-grasping whatsit.

I wonder what terrors the ride home will bring [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not wishing anybody a good day or night anymore. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand, what was going on with the policeman ??
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldbag, seriously I want to hear more about your adventures in Egypt. Write a book.... I wanna secure the first copy! You are too funny!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuk, i wopuld hate to be stuck in wt sand, really sounded a nightmare, glad you had people to help you

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I don't understand, what was going on with the policeman ??

Well when it was obvious that the disaster required more than a 2l bottle of water to clean up, he took me through this doorway in the fence and across some wasteland to some toilets - seemed to be associated with some kind of furniture making place.

When I was trying to wash the mud off my legs, he started patting my hair and when I stood up he said 'bosa bosa' which means 'kiss kiss'. But I said 'la la' ('no no') and he left me alone then.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mish mumkin!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the help he gave and he wanted Bosa only! what a bargain!
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you survived the quick sand. Let's hope you meet something cool like godzilla or T-rex. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugghhh so he was asking you to kiss him!!? [Eek!]
Holy Shittake Mushrooms! [Eek!] I would have screamed and run off....but I'm jittery. [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Oldbag [Big Grin] If it helps, once when I was in Luxor, I was all dressed up and ready to go to a restaurant and then disaster struck. They are always watering the streets in Luxor and then this caleche horse stamped in a huge puddle in the gutter and splattered me from head to toe with mud. After this I got dragged into a jewellers and was mopped down with a filthy rag, by some over- enthusiastic man. I never could get the mud stains out of my clothes.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez Louise...what an experience to have OB !

you sure are the adventurous one.

next time you decide on an outing to Carrefour - give me a call, dammit.
I will drive ya !!!
but then again - my driving skills in this crazy country might make your hair fall out !
I got a heavy foot. [Razz]

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
geez Louise...what an experience to have OB !

you sure are the adventurous one.

next time you decide on an outing to Carrefour - give me a call, dammit.
I will drive ya !!!
but then again - my driving skills in this crazy country might make your hair fall out !

Hmmm... Bad driving vs. Man swallowing pits.

I wonder which she will choose. [Razz]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldbag you have brightened up my otherwise miserable day! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, between you and Black Dahlia, I've had a really good chuckle this afternoon! [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
my driving skills in this crazy country might make your hair fall out !

lolol.... [Big Grin]
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum...

Today I decided to try and get to Carrefour by bus. So I took a bus from outside my home to the pyramids. Well, I got off the bus and there was this pile of wet sand in the way - so I stepped on it. Next thing I knew I was up to my knees and sinking.
I started yelling - somebody help me please and people were looking at me in disbelief!
Someone started coming to help me, then a bus went past and a man jumped off, put his hand out to me and pulled me out. Well up to my knees was just sopping wet and covered in sand. So I sat on the kerb laughing. Another man came over with a bottle of water and a sponge so I could start to clean it off.
Then a policeman came over and said to follow him to some secret police place behind the fence - so I did. Well there was a ladies toilet across some wasteland with a shitafer so I was able to wash
down my trainers and jeans. Apart from having my head patted and the policeman going 'bosa bosa' to which I replied 'la la', I escaped relatively unscathed.
Anyway, tried to find the Alex Road and bus to Carrefour but everyone kept telling me it was the next road round (I was at that big roundabout outside the Meridian hotel). Eventually, a taxi driver took pity on me and said he would take me for 10LE!!!! (Last time I took a taxi from my home to Carrefour - price negotiated by Toots hubbie i- it cost 30LE so a bit of a bargin there).
I gave him 12LE when we got here because he was not a money-grasping whatsit.

I wonder what terrors the ride home will bring [Big Grin]

Don't you just love Egypt ?! [Smile]
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] that wuold be YES [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who said it would be no ?! [Razz]
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wowwwwwwwwww...That is just super cool BOSA BOSA..LA LA! hahahahahahahahahah!! So freakin' cool!

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldbag

tell us all about your latest adventures

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Had a fabulous day out yesterday.

Will post more later when I've uploaded some photos....

Citadel, St Simon the Tanner, Zebulan town, Opera House, Modern Art Musuem.

Whole day out including microbus, metro, taxis, entrance tickets, lunch, icecreams, backsheesh, drinkies = 200LE for 2 people (including 40LE each to get in Citadel) [Big Grin]

Total bargain say I!

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Usm9SpnHYJQ

reminded me of something [Big Grin]

PS despite the title this is a FUNNY video and nothing to do with wars.

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody hell B, I thought I was having a spot of deja vu reading this thread then!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

check out the video though its thought provokingly funny [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com