EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Clothing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clothing
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I wasn't sure where to put this thread so thought that I would post it here because it has some relevance to those woman living in Egypt [Smile]

Moderators: Can we have a section for general information? So that we can post items like I am about to ask [Smile]

So here is my question.......

I was wondering if anyone here who lives in the UK knows of any shops (direct or online) that you can buy those under tops that a lot of the Egyptian women wear under there clothes?

I have tried searching online but not much luck yet.

I did buy a few of these tops when I was on my recent visit to Egypt but now back home in the UK I wish that I had bought more [Smile]

I did buy a polo/turtle neck from the famous M&S yesterday but unfortunately it is only available in boring black and it isn't as tight/clingy as the ones I bought in Egypt [Smile]

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.shukr.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=wB0632&Category_Code=women-tops

Similar but 4 times the price

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank Caterpillar, they are expensive, I am also trying to find the ones with the high neck.
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was exactly what I was wondering MS, cheers for asking. I think I'm going to settle for long (or mid length) sleeved, round neck T-shirts, however, they wont be as high as you're hoping.
Here's a red poloneck that looks quite nice:
http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=88915&parent_category_rn=88619&productId=8 04776&langId=-1

Or, why not try ebay, you will find loads for great prices: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&satitle=polo+neck&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&a6=-24&a47=-24&a56=-24&alist=a6%2Ca3801%2Ca53%2Ca70745%2Ca 22750%2Ca14%2Ca47%2Ca56%2Ca65131&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1623&pfid=2197&pf_query=polo+neck&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=Postcode&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1 &ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Weirdkitty - The red one from DP is similar to the black one that I bought from M&S yesteday.

I have looked on ebay and found a few. I actually bought 2 black short sleeved ones from here before I came to Egypt 4 weeks ago.

The ones I bought in Egypt are more clingy, think they are probably 100% lycra. I want them to be able to wear under short sleeved tunics. I know that I could buy them on my next trip because they are a fraction of the price that they are here (approx £5.00 each) but I want to have be able to buy tunic tops knowing that I have the undertop for it [Smile]

Anyone fancy doing some shopping for me on their next trip to Egypt? [Smile]

There must be shops here in the UK that sell the same kind of top. The next time I see a woman in the street wearing one I will grab here and ask where she got it from.....knowing my luck she will say Egypt [Big Grin]

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Sharm

do you mean these ones?

like this?

They do them in all colours and in short sleeves and polo neck styles too.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is a shop in mohondasen, they have an online store, i will have to look in my laptop though to find the site. Next time i get on it i will write down the site and then post it for you.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might mean the "carina" tops. They're not all the same brand but this is the unofficial name for them (otherwise people here call them "body").

I found a Carina website in the US, but the prices are outrageous. I don't think you pay more than 50-60 LE in Cairo. Anyway, here it is:Carina

They also only seem to have 4 products [Confused]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's only 1 product there I need, "sleeves".

I bought a number of sleevless tops silk, linen, and cotton; some also with plunging necklines.

This type of under shirt will save at least 8 shirts from going to a thrift shop and most of them are favorites.

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
there is a shop in mohondasen, they have an online store, i will have to look in my laptop though to find the site. Next time i get on it i will write down the site and then post it for you.

Thank you mystic that would be really useful [Smile]

It is the Carina tops that I bought when I was there, some with the polo neck and some with the round neck. I find them so useful because it means that I don't have to get rid of many of the short sleeved/strappy tops that I have.

I would buy the body top/leotard but I don't like being fastened up, feel quite restricted and they never seem to stay in place [Smile]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you find anything, keep us posted. I want a similar thing, just not high neck (although obviously not low either, lol). I just want a black one and white one. I've lots of summer dresses I want to wear (all long anyway because I rarely show my legs). Last time I was putting a large shawl around me, and it just kept getting in the way or sliding down.

Also, what are the dress sizes in egypt compared to in England?

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com