EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 3 month visas - worst case scenario planning...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 month visas - worst case scenario planning...
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'm planning my 'Plan E' here:

I'm gathering from all the puff floating round that if we can't get residency the most we will be able to get is a 3 month visa.

Now, if you do get a 3 month visa, how long do you have to stay out of the country to be allowed back in again on another 3 month visa? Can you come back after a month or only after another 3 months?

The Abu Dhabi experience suggests 1 month - but does anyone else have any better information than that?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnInLondon
Member # 15821

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnInLondon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello

Why don't you contact the Egyptian consulate in London & find out what they have to say about the matter. They should be well informed of any changes in the law (although it seems there hasn't been a change) but at least it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Posts: 26 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orange promotions
Member # 7210

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for orange promotions   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure 100% that you can get 1 year tourism visa and i think it is up to 3 years, and also you can get 6 months reentry visa.
Posts: 27 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Orange.... I'm sure you are right about Hurghada....
But I think the situation has changed for Cairo.... there are many different stories going around at the moment.... everybody seems to have a different story for Cairo.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Orange............blimey I am seeing Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs right now dancing to Steelers Wheel [Eek!]

Up until Sept this year that was the case. But the regulations have changed and as yet no Egyptian website has updated.

The Government Ministry at the Mogamma is NOT issuing any more due to the new rules.
It just hasn't reached Hurghada yet probably.

It's in print, is up on the windows and the police clerks who issue them are all saying the same thing.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HH..Mr. Orange is perfectly right, Americans do get a 1 yr. renewable tourist visa, Britts should as well..dunno about other nationals like Sudanese or Arabs, they seem to be everywhere.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JinJin
Member # 14821

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JinJin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always look for new updates on this thread. I was in a panic when I first heard about this new visa thing. I renewed at Mogamma in October and got a year's visa no problem.
Posts: 83 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com